PDA

View Full Version : *Bubble Noises*

Lacantherope769
01-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Ok, I've been on this severely unhealthy quest to find or start a star craft based RP, and I was wondering on how to go about that, who would want to join such a thing, and what I might do to convince someone of higher stature to help me configure this idea. It's gotten bad enough that I Role Play myself in attempts to sate the need to play a zergling or something not named. I like the idea of playing the lesser minions in a story, have a Mod play judge or an actual named character to get the story flowing. Have like the story switch between the factions depending on how the story is moving, say its starts off as your playing a Terran, then the Judge gets bored and says your playing either Protoss or Zerg next, and the story just flip flops from there. Like say; You play a Terran Ghost, a Protoss Templar, and a Zerg Hydralisk for your story. The Judge or Judges/ Mod or Mods, would be Raynor, Kerrigan (after rebirth) Tassadar, Fenix, Mengsk, etc. And would decide on where the story should move. Face paced, fights could be interesting, but I just want to see some fun story's with some team play.

`Lacantherope769

sneakyonfoota
01-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Interested, but still considering commitment.

If this is going to literally be StarCraft, then it belongs in Parody/Fan-Fic instead of Sci-Fi.

Mysteria
01-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Is this going to be a parody of StarCraft? If so let me know and I will move it the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Lacantherope769
01-25-2010, 03:29 AM
No, an actual story based idea is all.

SQJ
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I lvoe starcraft. It's my crack.
I had a starcraft RP that lasted only 50 posts before it died. I'll join you dude.
You have my sword!

Lacantherope769
01-28-2010, 12:43 AM
SCORE! WAIT, which Side are you? >_>

SQJ
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Either a human or a zerg cerabrate who's main unit is massive swarms of zerglings with mutalists and scurg warrriors as back up.

Haven't played starcraft 2(if it came out at all) so I dont knwo much about it.

Lacantherope769
01-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Lol, I shall forever remain a dedicated follower to Kerrigan and the Broods.

SQJ
01-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Then I shall be a charastmatic general. Unless you want me to be on your side.

Need a third person though...

Mysteria
02-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Don't forget that you can put your game in The Roleplay Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) if you haven't
already done so.

Also, if you are still in need of players don't forget that you can submit your rp to be show cased as Rp Of The Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

spirits breath
02-20-2010, 03:41 AM
If I figured out how it would work I would join. I play usually human or zerg( expect army of marines or ghosts, or a army of hydralisks with zerglings comming in soon after. almost all of our troops will be gone.) but how will this work? we a special unit or someone going for a large ground war. I cant open spoilers on my psp so I may edit this when I can see stuff

Lacantherope769
02-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Well I was going to go more of a select number of units. Like, one person would be in control of a team that consists of say; five marines, two ghosts, a medic, and like maybe two Goliaths or something. The GM would have to allow a REASONABLE amount of units in a team, and they would also have to understand what each unit does. So like, no one would have; 35 zergling, 10 Ultralisks, 10 Mutalisks, an Overlord, and 20 Hydralisks. Unless they planned on some rediculous slaughter fest. The GM would also have to be familiar with unitry and abilites, such as "Hellfire Missiles" and "Yamato Guns"
This could also be made into a sort of Team Game, where the team IS the select number of units, say on person plays as a ghost, as does another. Someone plays the Medic, maybe if others where willing, they would play as the marines, and one person would run the Goliath. And if the GM wants to move to another race, those people would say be Two people play as Dark Templar, five as Zealots, one as a High Templar, and another plays a Dragoon. And the Zerg would be say Two play Hyrdalisks, five as zergling, one as a Defiler, and one as an Ultralisk.

The GM would plays as either the Humans version of Mengks/Kerrigan/and Tassadar.
and someone else would be a Commander, Cerebrate, and Executor. The team would have to go about doing what ever th GM deemed interesting. And in order to survive, each person/unit would have to know they're Unit and utilize every possible aspect for the team to survive each mission.

I dunno, its just an idea I've been wanting to try. I have an obsession with playing zerglings

spirits breath
02-21-2010, 01:50 PM
ah. different, but it could work. may be hard to think like a zerg though. they all kind of attack everything for the fun of it. protoss feel all superior. and no need to explian terran.

Lacantherope769
02-22-2010, 04:39 AM
You'd be surprised how much of a conscience a Zerg can possess

Mysteria
03-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Hi this looks like a great rp. Dont forget if you need more players you can always submit it to be showcased as Rp of the week. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)