PDA

View Full Version : The Lighter Road To Darkness [OOC]

LadyJane
11-30-2011, 03:37 AM
London, 1898

The Story Thus Far
In the heart of aristocratic Victorian England in where our story begins. For three generations the Greythrons and the Evanswoods have hated each other. With murder of the Duchess of Greythron this steampunk story starts. The Greythorns are accusing the Evanswoods on murder and the Evanswoods are wondering how they could be related to the crown.

Rules:

Romance and sexual tension are cool, just keep it PG-13. Same with swearing.
The RPA rules of course.
This is Steampunk, if you are unclear of the exact definition then I suggest you Google it (I did and it was very enlightening).
Keep OC comments and questions on the thread.
If you will be gone for a few days or are leaving all together then please PM me.
No killing off other people's characters.
You can as many as two characters.
I'm new at this and I will always taking any suggestions. :D

Mission: Solve the murder of Lady Greythron.

NPC :
(People like Queen Victoria are not NPCs or part of this story line; while important to the time period, if someone like that becomes needed...We shall cross that bridge when we come to it.)

Name: John Greythorn
Rank/Household: Duke/Greythorn
Appearance: Tall, dark hair and blue eyes. The normal Victorian dress, non-steampunk.
Personality: Stern yet loving.
Role: Head of the Greythorns and husband to the victim.
Background: The same as any other story of an heir to the dukedom. His grandfather began the feud.
Notes: As one son and a married daughter. Dislikes modern things.

Name: Henry Evanswood
Rank/Household: Duke/Evanswood
Appearance: Short and stout. Wears normal Victorian clothing, and always as a steampunk style pocket watch.
Personality: Cheerful and loving, normally fails when trying to crack a joke (the man just isn’t funny).
Role: The Duke and head of the Evanswood family, feuding with the victim’s family.
Background: A military general until his father pasted and he came home to become the duke.
Notes: One Daughter and a son.

Name: Ann Evanswood
Rank/Household: Duchess/Evanswood
Appearance: A tall, skinny woman with a slim face and hard green eyes. She wears her dark hair in a bun on the top of her head and wears dark colors only.
Personality: Stern and cold.
Role: Mistress of the Evanswood house; even though there was a feud between their houses, Ann rather like the victim.
Background: Mother died when she was little, had a stern stepmother. Could be why she’s such a hardass.
Notes: As two children, a daughter and a younger son.

Okay, I wrote the NPCs like a police file, a little, I’m not going to do a bio on Lady Greythorn because that’s what I want you guys to find out. If anyone wants a NPC character, just say so.

(Other NPCs that don’t have profiles-you can be one of these too: Miles Evanswood, youngest son of Duke Evanswood. Maids and butlers, detectives, people of that sort. You can be these characters too.)

Character Sheet:
Name:
Rank/Household: (Are you a Duke, Duchess, Earl? A maid or an investigator? What house are you from? Evanswood? Greythorn? A different house? A house at all?)
Appearance: (Pictures are fine, anime or not. If you can’t find a good steampunk picture you can give a description and a photo or any combination thereafter.)
Personality:
Role: (Are they a maid or a cop? Did they find the body? Do they know the victim? Are the friends of the children?)
Background:
Notes: (Anything that doesn’t seem to fit.)

My Characters:
I will have two characters, one from each household. If anyone wants Derek (see below) tell me.

Name: Jane Evanswood
Rank/Household: Lady/Evanswood
Appearance: Tall with long black hair, which she normally leaves down. She had blue eyes and wears red lipstick. She only wears a black top hat with goggles on the rim, even though her mother protests and her skirts are all blue and black or red and black, something and black, general. Jane’s skirts are short and come far above the knee, she wear black leather boots and a black corset over her white linen shirt and under a leather vest.
Personality: She is general cold and acts like a bit of a brat. She is demanding and rude.
Role: Only daughter and eldest child of the Evanswood family.
Background: A spoiled girl growing up, she always got what she wanted from her father and has never grown out of it.
Notes: She herself has been fighting with Derek Greythorn since they were little.

Name: Derek Greythorn
Rank/Household: Lord/Greythorn
Appearance: He is very tall and broad shouldered, a young, handsome man with a rakish smile that is adored by most women. He wears Victorian style clothes with a pocket watch and a top hat and goggles. He carries a cane that hides a sword inside.
Personality: He’s arrogant and charming, player at best. He is cold and rough when it comes to business/
Role: Only son of the Greythorns and the son of the victim.
Background: He grew up as any young duke would, taught by the best of the best and trained in the art of politics.
Notes: Has been fighting with Jane Evanswood since he was little.

There you are, you can post your character sheets below and ask any questions. ;king10;

Evil Troy
11-30-2011, 04:17 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Jade Moriparty
12-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Name: Lillian Greythorn
Rank/Household: (Are you a Duke, Duchess, Earl? A maid or an investigator? What house are you from? Evanswood? Greythorn? A different house? A house at all?) A cousin to the house of Greythorn
Appearance: (Pictures are fine, anime or not. If you can’t find a good steampunk picture you can give a description and a photo or any combination thereafter.) Lillian is small with a somewhat curvy build. Her hair is long, wavy, and brunette. Her skin is pale and delicate. Her eyes are a striking blue.
Personality: Lillian is a sweet girl. She is obsessed with murder mystery novels and is therefore obsessed with this murder mystery! Unfortunately, she is not the brightest crayon in the box and is therefore not particularly helpful, no matter how hard she tries!
Role: (Are they a maid or a cop? Did they find the body? Do they know the victim? Are the friends of the children?) Lillian is a cousin of the family. She spends a lot of time with the family. She will "aid" in the investigation.
Background: Lillian had the typical aristocratic upbringing. She was born into a pampered life. She had a governess. Her mother keeps throwing her at suitors, but Lillian is too busy living in her own happy little world.
Notes: (Anything that doesn’t seem to fit.)

LadyJane
12-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Accepted! :)
I'll get to IC up when there's a few more people.

Alice Wonder
12-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Name: Melody Willow
Rank/Household: (Are you a Duke, Duchess, Earl? A maid or an investigator? What house are you from? Evanswood? Greythorn? A different house? A house at all?) A Maid for the Greythorn's
Appearance: (Pictures are fine, anime or not. If you can’t find a good steampunk picture you can give a description and a photo or any combination thereafter.)http://www.google.com/imgres?q=maid,+steampunk&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1280&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbnid=FkVmiYfGm3FteM:&imgrefurl=http://gali-miau.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-robot-maid-130299679&docid=vcxlDHIHMD2b-M&imgurl=http://www.deviantart.com/download/130299679/Steampunk_robot_maid_by_Gali_miau.jpg&w=1404&h=2088&ei=xzfkToCQEsjm0QGH0eD6BQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=172&vpy=110&dur=165&hovh=274&hovw=184&tx=97&ty=139&sig=112606616175794747086&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=87&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0, (This outfit, but pale skin, black hair, and green eyes.
Personality: Melody is quiet, hums when she works, is nosy but doesn't show it, kind, silent as she moves about the house, (when she isn't humming,) and you can tell she's hiding something.
Role: (Are they a maid or a cop? Did they find the body? Do they know the victim? Are the friends of the children?) Melody was at the house at the time of the crime. She has impoortant details, but came down with a bad case scarlet fever, and lost her speech.
Background:Melody has never had proper schooling, so she can't read, or write. She grew up in town, and knows everybody.
Notes: Nope!

LadyJane
12-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Accepted! <3

Alice Wonder
12-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Name: Alice Greythorn
Rank/Household: (Are you a Duke, Duchess, Earl? A maid or an investigator? What house are you from? Evanswood? Greythorn? A different house? A house at all?) Daughter of Lady Greythorn
Appearance: (Pictures are fine, anime or not. If you can’t find a good steampunk picture you can give a description and a photo or any combination thereafter.)http://www.google.com/imgres?q=steampunk+dress&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1280&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbnid=PfaGjeRpkMfO1M:&imgrefurl=http://lacma.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/building-the-ultimate-steampunk-outfit-from-the-grubby-ground-up/&docid=V-uDiELFVUfC4M&imgurl=http://lacma.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/image1.jpg%253Fw%253D600&w=400&h=590&ei=UjnkTp21FsTu0gH-_fHeBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=633&vpy=234&dur=1125&hovh=273&hovw=185&tx=108&ty=152&sig=112606616175794747086&page=2&tbnh=198&tbnw=134&start=16&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:16
Personality: She is very opinionated, kind, but somber.
Role: (Are they a maid or a cop? Did they find the body? Do they know the victim? Are the friends of the children?) She's the victim's daughter! She wants the investigation over, so she can bury her mother, and have the whole buisness be over.
Background:She grew up in the house her mother died in. Se was supposed to visit, the week her mother died, but she didn;t. She and her mother haven't always had the closest relationship. Alice has 2 children, 2 girls.
Notes: Nope!

LadyJane
12-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Accepted! <3

LunaoftheLight
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Name: Ophelia (Oliver) Maddox
Rank/Household: Investigator hired by Derek Greythorn. Recommended by a police officer.
Appearance: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwg128EVDn1r7wkw7o1_500.jpg (pre-maleness) Raven black hair, green eyes. She cut off all her hair when she decided to pursue her career as an investigator (more on that in a bit).
Personality: Sharp and witty yet emotionally reserved. Hates to see harm done to anyone innocent, but has no problem with Robin-Hood style "steal from the rich and give to the poor" type characters. She sometimes acts outside of societal norms, but never misses a social view or exchanged glance.
Role: Was hired by Derek Greythorn on recommendation from the primary investigating officer. She's rather well known in the investigator business, though no one knows she's a girl.
Background: Her father had a fortune from inventing an advanced aeroship, called the Magnus-Lark. He died in an inventing accident when Ophelia was eleven, she had no other siblings and was distant from her mother. Her new stepfather did not approve of her interest in detective work. She left home at sixteen when she received her inheritance by getting married, having the groom arrested for dealings with underworld criminals, and then faking her own death. She has been masquerading as a boy ever since.
Notes: Has a suspicious familiarity with the Greythorn/Evanswood affair.

LadyJane
12-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Accepted! <3
YAY! I shall now post the IC.

LadyJane
12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Hint Hint Hint! Jane called Ladt Greythron a whore. Hint Hint! Luna, you may need to know that. I will be dropping clues like that through out this RP.

Also, I didn't mean to make Jane sch a bitch, but God. Is she evil or what?

LadyJane
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Girly, hon, I think that's your que.

LadyJane
01-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Notice: Taking away Alice's charaters, if she decides to stop being so damn thick-skulled I'll give them back. Till then they don't exist.

Jade Moriparty
01-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Ah, sorry, I missed a cue! I didn't check back because it didn't seem like my chara was fitting in all that well. Sorry! Sorry!