PDA

View Full Version : Memorial: Bravado

Anne Bonny
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Our dearest Bravado (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=115).

RPA has been around for a few years now, and we’ve seen members come and go. That’s just the natural way of things, on the internet, in the workplace, even close friends can drift apart from time. What nobody expects, however, is for someone to be torn away from us.

I am sorry to inform you all that our longtime member Bravado was involved in an accident on December 2nd. She did not survive.

For those of you who did not have the pleasure of knowing Bravado, first of all, I am truly sorry. You missed out on one of the cleverest people to ever frequent our site, and I’m certain that anyone who did get to know her would agree. Bravado was simply impressive. Not only was she a talented writer with great ideas for roleplays and characters, but she was always in touch with the happenings in the world. And not only was she in touch with current events, but she had the uncanny ability to pick out the more progressive, lesser known events and issues that not everyone knew about, but that everyone was interested in hearing. And when she had input on a subject, she wasn’t shy to give it. But at the same time, she was tactful and respectful, and actually listened to what other people said.

She read Carl Sagan and Ayn Rand. She posted about women’s rights. She called her art “doodles.” She listened to classic rock.

Bravado was hilarious. And she was hilarious in both simple ways, and in ways that went way over my head. Her avatars and signatures always left me grinning.

She sometimes came and went, but was always someone I always looked forward to seeing around. And even when she left for long or short periods of time, she was one of those people who I always, always knew would come back around in time.

I am truly sad that won’t be happening this time. I just can’t believe it.

Dear Bravado, I am thankful for the time we had together as clanmates. The world is a little bit darker without you around, and RPA will certainly never be the same.

Bravado’s twin sister, Kebert Xela (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=4481), is a member of our site as well. Please do what RPA’ers do best, and show your support for her.

Enigma
12-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I hope your memories of your times together will sustain you.

Bia
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh my gosh that is horrible horrible horrible. I loved Bravado, she was so beautiful and clever. I loved when she would visit us.

RPA will not forget her, she was amazing. This is such a sad thing...

I cannot believe this, I think I'm still in shock. My dearest and most sincere wishes go out to her family & friends. Bravado, I will miss you.

John
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
My thoughts and prayers go with you in this time of loss.

CALYPSO
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
It's so hard to type when I'm bawling my eyes out. It's just not fair.

I loved her jokes, she always made me laugh with her responses. Not only this, but she was such a fantastic writer.

my god.

Ace of Hearts™
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
I can't really believe this. I just think I'm going to wake up in a minute.

My deepest sympathies go out to her sister and the rest of her family.

Housemaster
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
While the majority of my interaction with her was casual messages within the news section, I only really paid attention to Bravado when she posted in the Rap Battles thread. Incredibly clever and witty as well as encouraging, it was unfortunately the only real interaction we had and I wished that there would have been more.

It's hard to feel genuine emotion towards a faceless internet member, but I can confidently say that I'm glad to have met her.

My sympathies to her loved ones, tragedy stings more this time of year.

Merry
12-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Bravado was a sweet, witty, dazzling person and she will be missed in so very many ways. It’s absolutely horrid to think of what her family and friends are going through. We only saw a brief side of her, and it was still enough to impress us whenever she was here. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family for this tragic loss of a truly awesome person. To say we’re going to miss her is an understatement.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mPs_YzFBWVs/SxhY148w8CI/AAAAAAAAGjE/_06CpNyL8Wg/s1600/rose.jpg

Pastel Apathy
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
I never had the chance to really talk to bravado, but I will still miss her. She was a part of the rpa family, and this is a sad time indeed..

My condolences to her sister and her family.

Vampirequeen
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I can't believe it, I just can't.

The only real interaction that I can remember having with Bravado was earlier this year when I sent her a VM saying "Welcome back" after she had come back to RPA after being away for a while, but I'm glad that I had a chance to have some kind of interaction with her. I can honestly say that I wish that my conversation with her had been more than just my "Welcome back" and her thanking me for welcoming her back.

She will definitely be missed and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Tune
12-06-2011, 08:39 PM
... I had to wipe tears away. I'm always a sucker for tear-jerking speeches.

Again, my condolences to you and your family. I remember IM'ing Mary Sue over Skype, and she said she was dying laughing because Bravado was killing everyone with her rap skills in the RPA Rap Battle thread. She had some good skills in a lot of things. I never had the chance to roleplay or speak with her, but I was hoping to change that in Lucifer Rising. I know my character is going to be lonely without an adversary.

... All I can say is, "Rest in Peace, Bravado. With RPA's loving and friendly atmosphere, people are surely not going to forget you. But they will miss the greatness they never got to see."

SQJ
12-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I can't believe what's being said right now.

I felt like I was only just getting to know her. She was pure rapping fun. The idea that I wont be able to go up against her or Try spam her VM *I was working my way to it, I had a whole retarded plan and everything* is awful. My deepest condolences for those who had already gotten the honour to get to know such an awesome person.

ILYTH
12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Truly heart breaking news, I never really knew her that well but always took the extra time to stop and read her posts whenever I came across them.

She was outstandingly clever and a sparkling personality to boot. It's awful that this has happened to someone with such a bright future ahead of them and my thoughts are with her family and Kebert.

Kris
12-06-2011, 09:06 PM

I don't know what to say...

Damn... just.... damn....

Alice
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
...Bravado.

I admired her, so much. She was so beautiful, smart, kind and just, overall amazing. I can't... There isn't really much I could possibly do, but Kebert, if it means anything - if you ever need anyone - everyone at RPA welcomes you with open arms.

I'm just.. at a loss for words.

Storm
12-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Loss of those close.
I had never the privilege to happen across her in my time on RPA. Just reading some of the condolences, it was my loss for not having the honor of running across her. Known or not, it is never easy to hear of the loss of someone, my sincere condolences to her sister.

Though she is physically not with us, she will always live on in hearts and minds, her writings will always be with us to look back on and recall what we were doing as we first read her work. Although loss is always painful, the warm memories each have will always be there. The pain never goes away but the warm memories eventually make it more bearable.

I do not know everyone’s beliefs nor will I try to preach anything, with all I’ve seen through my years does leave room to question things. The one thing I can firmly say is that when we lose one we love in this world, the world they enter is that much better rather that be some form of after life or just the memories we keep of our lost loved ones. This world has lost a precious gift, one that will be appreciated where she is now.

My thoughts and prayers are with Bravado and her family, also with my RPA family as you cope with your loss.

Mary Sue
12-06-2011, 09:44 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/sakura1010/thflower01.jpg

Bravado was so great. Really. I talked to her a little more than just in downtown. I loved reading her posts no matter what they were about. And while I didn't know all the personal intricacies about her life....I considered us to be friends.

The absolute most fun we had together was definately downtown and in the rap battles specifically. She blew everyone else away. And I found myself aiming to make my posts better just to beat her. To call it a challenge is an understatement, but there you go.

My mind and body are completely confused. I've never had someone I only knew online pass away. As such...my heart feels heavy and tear well up in my eyes.... but the pain is foreign at the same time. ... like...my mind doesn't WANT to believe it. My mind feels that because I can't see her, I can keep believing she's on the other end just waiting...
But then, my mind also knows that's not true and the pain compounds again. And then the pain is made real when I think of my own family deaths...

That kind of death leaves you awake at night because you can no longer breathe properly. The pain ripped from your lips until your hoarse from screaming. And everyone who tries to hold you, who tries to fill you with love momentarilly reminds you of the massive hole in your heart.

For this, Kebert, I offer you my most sincere, tear filled, and heart felt condolences.

Bravado was more than just a great person who I had the pleasure to know. She was a light on my day when I was feeling blue. She was someone who made me smile. I wish I had more time to get to know her than the newborn friendship that was still being strengthened...

We lost a member of our own family today... but at the same time, death finds a way to bring us closer. All of us know the importance of good memories we can look back on fondly. By getting to know one another and by growing closer, we create hundreds of them everyday. We were lucky to know her, and those who never met her missed out on a wonderful person.

RPA will never forget Bravado.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/sakura1010/thflower01.jpg

SikstaSlathalin
12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
So is the way of the sad, cold world in which we live, I never closely knew her but came across her and I do feel for her family and good friends. I know how narrow the line between death and life in a car accident is, I lucked out and fell toward the side of life if only she had been that lucky but she will live on in the hearts and minds of those that knew her.

Mysteria
12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Her personality, her charm and her gift of friendship to those whom visit these halls of RPA will be truly missed.

http://i53.tinypic.com/w7n6g4.jpg

Her light will shine forever.

Evil Troy
12-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Looking back we never really did talk much. However, despite that fact I still had the opportunity to RP with her a few times. She was a good writer and from what little bit I did talk to her I could easily see she was a cool person. Looking back I wish I would have talked to her more. Even though we did not talk much though, I can still honestly say that I'm saddened to hear this news. My thoughts and prays will be with the family.

Awean8
12-06-2011, 11:31 PM
T_T

I haven't cried since my cat died last year. My heart goes out to those who truly knew her, and I only wish I had the same chance to.

Falcon Red
12-07-2011, 03:56 AM
I didn't know her as well as I'd like to have... she did make me smile whenever we did chat.. heart and prayers to her family. Semper Fidelis

Kebert Xela
12-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Thank you all so very much for this. Obviously it will never be 'okay', but every day gets a little bit easier, thanks to the comfort of friends. I really appreciate all that you've done; I'm sure Morgan would, too.

GraftRaven
12-07-2011, 04:09 AM
I was really just getting to know her, that's an opportunity I wish I had had earlier, I really looked forward to RPing with her. I can only imagine how those who really knew her can possibly feel, and my sympathies and thoughts are with them.

Ru
12-07-2011, 04:31 AM
This is so sad. Sin told me about it the other day, but she didn't seem entirely certain and this thread definitely sound certain...

I didn't get to personally RP with her, sadly, but I did make a sig set for her before and it's probably one of the funniest ones I ever got requested to do. I really loved it and it stuck out, even though she requested it long before I was Ru (which says something because my memory is shitty).

My condolences, sincerely. That is absolutely terrible and I can only imagine the weight of the hearts of those who held her so dear.

Wattz
12-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Bravado, you will truly be missed. My love and sympathies to her family and close friends.

Fox Xalian
12-07-2011, 06:25 AM
I never really knew Bravado, but I did see some of her posts. She was...funny and I regret the chance I have lost to get to know her. I never understood why people say "I'm sorry" when they hear someone has died, because from what I believe, never apologise where you don't need to. But, I feel sad for this loss, it hurts me to know one of us is gone. A great mind like hers should never have been taken away. But it was. And to early I think. I will miss you Bravado, even though I never got to know you, but your memory will live on inw hat you've written on here, and in the eharts and minds of those you knew. Rest in peace, and may God watch over you and your family.

V
12-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Sorry to hear this, I never spoke to her at all but I stopped to read her posts when I could. :/

Rhomeo
12-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I never met Bravado... But from everything I've read in this Thread and everything I've heard from other people about her, she was an amazing person. My heart and prayers are with you for losing her, I know that everyone here who even knew her in the slightest bit will remember her often.

Fayt
12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I think Bravado and I may have spoken in a thread once or twice, but I am unsure. But I am positive she was an amazing person, and my condolences to her family and friends.

Phoenix
12-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I never new Bravado personally nor did I talk to her much on RPA, but I still remember every time I would see one of her posts in the forum games where everyone knows I frequent. I always, ALWAYS enjoyed seeing her posts and amazing funniness. From seeing her pictures on here, you could tell she was an amazing beauty but still had a perfect sense of humor. I'm going to miss seeing her avatar self around this site, but her memory shall never be forgotten. My only wish is to have known her better.

Snotgirl
12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
See you at the crossroads...
Its what I said to my friends and many family members when they passed and its the samething I'll say for Brav....

Just a final rap for Brav, because she liked that...

"And now that they see that the world goes round and round and round
Now I'm startin' to see why somedays I was lonely
But it ain't that the world don't love me
But it's like that when I gotta make the money
Faithful, livin' in a hateful world, it's all about our family and how we grow.
Can I get a witness? Let it unfold.
We livin' our lives to eternal our soul"

Kris
12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Here I am sitting, writing for the "Writer guild" thread and I happened to come across this.

http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=787677&postcount=11

Phoenix
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Here I am sitting, writing for the "Writer guild" thread and I happened to come across this.

http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=787677&postcount=11

Everyone go to Bravado's post and rep it. Honestly.

Storm
12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Rep'ed

Fox Xalian
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Rep'd. The sad bit is it says "You may get rep back from this user". And we all know we wont. Kinda sad really.

Vampirequeen
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Rep'd. That was so beautiful. I actually started crying as I was reading it.

Sinderella
12-09-2011, 06:56 AM
When I first met Bravado I was completely taken away. She had that remarkable, admirable, yet crazy personality. She amazed me with her various talents and consistently made me laugh, like the others, with the outrageous posts and sets of hers.

When I first found out the news, I was hesitant to believe, I couldn't picture RPA losing a member like her. After speaking to Ru about it, it slowly began to sink in. I wish that we would have had more time to get to know each other. I cannot imagine what those who knew her best are going through, nor her family. I give to you all my sincerest condolences. Bravado will be missed and never forgotten.

Fox Xalian
12-09-2011, 07:29 AM
A song for Bravado.

0G3_kG5FFfQ&feature=relmfu

Xanthuss
12-26-2011, 01:21 AM
I know I'm most horribly late to the game here, but I wanted to add my thing.

Although I can't say I knew Bravado personally, but I remember seeing her witty signature several times and smiling and getting a laugh from it. I remember reading her poetry, and thinking how amazing it was.

I truly hope the angels are with you Bravado.

My condolences to her sister and family and friends.