PDA

View Full Version : SCAR: The Restoration of Faith(M)(IC) Stormwolf and nazguljcg

John
01-25-2010, 07:25 AM
How long does it take to commit treason? In Claire’s case, it took two weeks. After the Omega Sector had taken control of SCAR operations, causing the United Kingdom to pull out of the SCAR treaty, Claire felt a need to put a plan into motion. She hadn’t done it alone however. She had involved four other operatives that she knew she could trust. And at this moment she felt guilty for dragging Malcolm into it. But a part of her really wanted to have Malcolm with her. It was nice to have someone she had worked closely with, and that she trusted implicitly at her side.

Claire had done what she needed to do, there was no question of that in her mind. She knew that what she had done would save lives. But she shouldn’t have involved Mal in her plan. Though the leave she had requested for her and Mal was for a period of one month, it only took two weeks to put her safeguard into place. There was nothing left to do now but make the long drive back to Three Mile Island from Detroit where Claire would return to her training of Kristy.

The two of them sat in silence on the car ride. Although Claire did like to talk, she had to admit that Malcolm scared her a bit. Not forgetting the fact that her attempt to read him when they first met had almost been catastrophic, the thought of sitting in a car with a man of god made her feel uneasy.

As the sun set in the western sky, Claire continued to drive, the silence starting to become uncomfortable. She really didn’t know how to talk to Malcolm without giving him orders, but she would try to make small talk anyway.

“Malcolm,” Claire’s voice was quiet. “Mal…I just want to thank you again for helping me these last two weeks. And I want to apologize again for involving you in this. It was something I should not have done and….thank you.” Claire’s voice had become near to a whisper as she completed her sentence.

StormWolf
01-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Semper Fidelus. The signature phrase of the United States Marine Corps. That phrase means something very important to those in the service. Always Faithful. Always Faithful to your brothers and sisters in arms and to your country. Malcolm had recently had to suffer the greatest gift and burden God had given his children: Choice.

Malcolm had to choose to go with Claire and betray SCAR and the government, or report her actions to the SCAR heads and watch his captain and comrade burn at the stake. The Chaplain had prayed, and he followed the orders given to him by the Greatest Power. He chose the Righteous path and went with Claire.

On the car ride back to Three Mile Island, he remained quiet for the most part, occasionally reading his Bible or checking his PDA for messages. When Claire said his name, those cold blue eyes, like chips of ice, looked over at her. His face remained, for the most part, like stone. A smirk might have flickered on his lips, but it was gone too quick to really be sure.

"You don't need to apologize to, or thank me, Claire. You pulled us out of that hell, and for that I should thank you. I preyed to God for guidance and He told me to follow the Righteous path, and yours is that path I chose to follow. Semper Fidelus; I am sure you know enough latin to know what that means." Malcolm let his gaze linger on Claire for a moment before looking back at his Bible, finishing a verse before closing the small leather-bound book and stuffing it into his jacket pocket.

John
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Claire attempted a smile when Malcolm mentioned god. She wasn’t on the best of terms with her creator and instead she appeared to scowl.

“I’m sorry Mal. But I really don’t think God has anything to do with this. Quite frankly I have seen too much evil to believe that he gives a shit about us anymore.” Claire’s voice had that cold edge to it and it sounded as though she was a little angry at Malcolm.

“Look Mal, I’m not trying to diminish what you believe, but how can you sit there and tell me that this is what God intended. I can’t believe that your God wanted Daniel to die, no matter how much of an asshole he was.” Claire rolled her eyes at her words. It was true that she was agitated, but Malcolm didn’t deserve the attack. Claire knew full well that he had no choice with Daniel. It really was best to put him out of his misery.

“I…I’m sorry Mal.” Claire’s tone changed to one of remorse and her eyes started to well up. “You did what you had to. I know that. It’s just I can’t believe that this is all a part of some master plan.” Lately Claire had been starting to feel that God was nothing more than a sadistic child with an ant farm who occasionally would use a magnifying glass to make them suffer.

StormWolf
01-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Malcolm harrumphed when Claire flipped-flopped from remourse to bitternes. He waited for her to finish before speaking in that reserved tone of his.

"What everyone in SCAR fails to comprehend is that I do not believe. I know. I still have faith in the Trinity, but I know of their existance. I know when they speak to me." Malcolm took a deep breath, running his hand through his black hair.

"God does not weave our fate, but lets it unfold and bloom before us. Only in certain circumstances will He interviene. What happened to Daniel was not God's doing, but that of the demon and myself. God answers all prayers, Claire. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it is no, but he answered them all." The Chaplain quirked an eyebrow, looking at Claire as she drove.

"When was the last time you prayed or went to mass, child? When was the last time you have been at confession?" Malcolm's tone actually changed, some fire was in his voice. Something rarely seen or heard from the man.

John
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
“I’m not a Catholic Mal, so I have never been ot confession. But I have been to church.” Claire’s eyes seemed to be reflecting on past events. “My parents were religious, but when they died, my heart wasn’t in it anymore.” Claire didn’t think about her parents much anymore. There were times that she cursed them for bringing her into this world. If it hadn’t been for them, she might have had a different life. A normal life. Still, regardless of the resentment she felt, Claire had loved her parents; and she missed them.

“And I am perfectly aware of your unique circumstances Mal. I’ve read your file.” Claire was trying to sound happy but the thoughts of her parents were making it difficult. “Please try and understand, I’m not doubting the existence of God. Apart from you, I see proof of his existence every day. We fight against demons. We try to protect the world from them. And truth be told, if there are demons, then there has to be a God.” It was a fact that most people at SCAR believed in God, though few had any faith left.

“Personally Mal. If god his so almighty, why doesn’t he get off his divine ass and help us?” Claire snapped the words and quickly felt bad for doing so. Just because she had a grudge against her creator was no reason to take it out on Malcolm. Claire suddenly felt the urge to get away. Not from Malcolm, but from everything else.

“Listen,” Claire’s voice sounded hopeful. “Technically we don’t need to be back to base for two weeks. What do you say we go on a vacation? Just get away for a while. Anywhere you’d like to go. Name it. We’ll get on a plane and just go. I just think I need to get away from life for a while.” Thoughts of a beach and tropical drinks entered Claire’s mind.

StormWolf
01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
The Chaplain nodded in understanding. He didn't expect to change Claire's beliefs in one conversation. Since they were not on an assignment, Claire was his mission. She was obviously distraut, and Malcolm did not to see her like this.

"A vacation? Just the two of us?" Malcolm's face cracked into a smile, laughing slightly. "Hell, I would have to be a fool to turn that invitation down..." His face returned to his normal pensive look as he thought about where to go. The Chaplain smiled and looked to the heavens as the answer dawned on him.

"How about Italy? Rome, to be specific. The weather is nice this time of year and the beaches are only an hour or so drive."

John
01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Claire smiled at the thought of going to Rome. It had been years since she had been, and then she was only a child. Her parents had taken her and her brother to do some work for SCAR. She had been excited to go, but the excitement quickly turned to disappointment as she was forced to spend nearly all her time in the Vatican. Now she had a chance to go again, and she wasn’t going to let it pass her by. She would be able to see the sights she wanted, and of course she would have to make a stop at the Vatican.

“Rome sounds lovely,” Claire was smiling. “And while we’re there, we should stop by the Vatican. I have an old family friend who works there and it would be nice to see him. I think the two of you would get along nicely.” Claire pulled off to the side of the road and turned the car around to head back to Detroit. Fortunately they were only an hour outside of the city, so it wouldn’t take long for them to get to the airport.

“Have you ever been Mal? To Rome I mean.” Claire was feeling anxious and wanted to get there as quickly as possible. Her foot pressed down on the accelerator, and the car started to travel over the speed limit.

StormWolf
01-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Malcolm couldn't help the subdued grin. He expected her to fight tooth and nail for some other place, but no. She leapt at the suggestion and even demanded going to the Vatican.

"I have been to Rome once. It was for my Confirmation as a Chaplain." Malcolm gripped the "oh-shit bar" on the door of the car and held on tightly as Claire turned and directed the car back towards Detroit. He chuckled at Claire's enthusiasm. Malcolm pulled out his PDA, finding the first flight to Rome that they could reasonably make, and purchased two first class tickets. He figured that would be a pleasant suprise to Claire. After that, he reserved a two bed suite at a fancy little place inside the Vatican City walls. He had stayed in that room before, it was a fifteen minute walk from St. Peter's square with plenty of fine food nearby.

"For the love of God, Claire. You drive like an Italian!" Malcolm chuckled, his white knuckle grip still tight on the door.

John
01-25-2010, 10:50 PM
“Actually I drive more like a pissed off Mexican.” Claire laughed and glanced over at Malcolm. She continued to chuckle as Malcolm held on for dear life and Claire pushed harder on the accelerator.

The black Camaro weaved in and out of traffic and Claire hoped that she wouldn’t get pulled over. She enjoyed the sensation of the speed. Not to mention seeing the look on Malcolm’s face made it a little more invigorating.

“Oh come on Mal,” Claire continued to smile. “Don’t tell me that a man who slays demons is afraid of a little speed.” Claire shifted into fifth and the car hurtled down the highway. Claire continued to weave in and out of the traffic and was narrowly missing the other cars.

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Malcolm gave Claire a sarcastic laugh as he held on tight. His dark eyebrows furrowing. He even snarled a bit as they switched lanes, inches away from an 18 wheeler.

"Actually, I punish and exorcise demons, thank you. I leave the killing to those who can, like the Angels. As for speed, I like it, but I prefer being in a two ton Humvee or armored Sudan, not a matchbox car." Malcolm chuckled and he still held on tight.

"This is going to be a good vacation. What do you think? Aliases or no?"

John
01-26-2010, 03:14 AM
"Considering the weapons in the trunk," Claire motioned back with her head. "I think we should go as ourselves. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like going anywhere naked.” Claire let out a giggle at her words and cleared her throat.

“What I mean is, I would prefer it if you had your Deagle with you. And I’m not going anywhere without my blades.” Claire was driving in the fast lane as she saw the exit for the airport. Cutting across the lanes of traffic, she hit the ramp. The car started to drift and Claire kept the car in control as they glided down the ramp.

“When we go to purchase the tickets, let me do all the talking. Personally, I’m interested to see just how good these Homeland Security Ids are.” Claire continued to drive fast, but slowed down as they approached the parking garage. Stopping at the gate, she took a ticket from the machine and found a parking spot. Once the car had come to a stop, she shut it off and sat for am moment. The exhilaration she felt form the drive had left her a little breathless. Removing the keys from the ignition, Claire leaned over and gave Mal a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you.”

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Malcolm listened intently, nodding slightly at what Claire was saying. Of course he brought his Deagle. He never left the house without the damn thing.

"You make a good point, and as far as tickets go--" Malcolm was cut off by the unfamiliar feel of a kiss on the cheek. His mind was nuked blank, what he was going to say wiped clean out of his head. The Chaplain cleared his throat, thankfully his face did not redden too much.

"Ahem. You're welcome." Climbing out of the car, Mal grabbed his duffle bag and slung it over his shoulder before handing Claire hers. He then lead the way inside the airport, his eyes scanning the area intently, just out of a force of habit. He was visibly tense, as he usually was. A vacation like this was just the thing he needed.

Malcolm wasted no time in walking up to the baggage check desk to get the tickets he pre-ordered, but he would play along with Claire for a little while.

"Hurry up, Claire. Airplanes don't wait."

John
01-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Claire walked over to Malcolm at the chek in desk. Pulling out her ID, she showed it to the woman behind the counter.

“Agent Claire Hannon, Department of Homeland Security. We need to see the head of airport security and we also need to purchase two tickets on the next flight to Rome. First class if you don’t mind.” Claire smiled politely and then turned to Malcolm.

“Once we get the tickets, we wait for airport security. We can avoid baggage check altogether. This is a matter of national security after all.” Claire gave a wink to Malcolm and waited for the woman to do her thing.

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 04:36 AM
The woman at the desk smiled and nodded, "Yes ma'am. Hold on one minute." Malcolm chuckled at the display. The shakiness in the woman's voice and the sloppiness of her typing. It was comical. There was one of those "computer fail" noises and the woman's eyes went wide.

"I-I'm sorry, miss. The last two tickets seem to have been purchased by another person from Homeland..." Malcolm cleared his throat and showed his badge.

"Agent Malcolm Maverick, homeland security. I do believe I reserved two tickets online? If you would not mind bringing those up..." The woman didn't give Malcolm enough time to finish. She brought up the tickets and printed them. Malcolm quirked and eyebrow at Claire and chuckled.

"Thank you for your patriotism." Malcolm said to the woman before walking off towards the terminal. He waited for Claire and himself to be out of earshot of the woman before he stated laughing quietly.

"You can thank me later, dear." He laughed, actually showing some teeth in his smile as he looked over at Claire. She still didn't know where they were staying, but that would be another great surprise. If she happened to choose the same one... well, that is called a Divine Sign.

When the two of them started walking past the security check, a large and robust TSA guard started walking towards them, barking all kinds of commands. All it took was one look from Malcolm's eerie blue eyes and a showing of his Homeland Security badge to make the guard back away very slowly.

Claire and Malcolm reached their gate with about twenty minutes to spare before the boarding call, so the Chaplain sat down on one of the seats outside the gate.

"Sorry if I put a damper in your parade back there. It was supposed to be a surprise... but you know that saying about great minds thinking alike."

John
01-26-2010, 04:56 AM
“And you know how the rest of that saying goes, right?” Claire let out a little laugh and brought her hand to her face in an attempt to hide the fact she was blushing. She wasn’t used to people buying things for her and it did make her feel a little uncomfortable.

Thank you Malcolm. That was really sweet.” Claire gave him another kiss on the cheek. “So are ther any other surprises I should be aware of or would you rather keep me in suspense?” Claire really didn’t like surprises. She had had more than her fill on the last mission but she didn’t show her feelings. The truth was she really liked and respected Malcolm, and didn’t want to hurt his feelings. She also couldn’t help but find him attractive right now. And for Claire, that could be dangerous.

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 05:33 AM
The Chaplain simply smiled and winked at Claire as she gave him another kiss on the cheek. Giving a charming chuckle in his throat. Upon hearing her inquiry about any other surprises, he smiled and tapped his index finger against his chin.

"Now.... let me think.... Other than me booking the Carmallengo Suite at the nicest hotel in Vatican City, there isn't much else that you already know." Mal's smile didn't fade. He hadn't smiled this long for quite a long time, and it was causing his mouth to cramp. The two of them exchanged some lighthearted small-talk, avoiding anything that would bring up the past mission at all. He enjoyed her company immensely, he considered it a blessing to be spending his entire leave time with her.

When the call for boarding was announced over the loudspeakers, Malcolm stood and held his hand out for Claire, offering to help her up.

Once they got to their seats, Mal closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his lips moving silently as he said a prayer. It was a force of habit whenever he got on a plane, military or civilian. When the plane started to taxi and start to speed up on the runway, the Chaplain's neck muscles visibly tightened. When the airplane left the ground, his hand grasped Claire's tightly, but not crushing. His heart was beating at a faster-than-normal rate, his breathing deliberately slow and calm. He only relaxed when the plane reached cruising altitude and he wasted no time in ordering a scotch on the rocks when the beverage cart rolled by. Malcolm quirked an eyebrow at the look on Clarie's face,

"What? You expected me to be fearless? I am not superman. I prefer flying with a pilot I know, thank you very much."

John
01-26-2010, 05:42 AM
“It’s okay Mal. We all have something that we are afraid of.” Claire’s tone was sympathetic. She faced her fear every time she went on a mission. For that matter, she faced on a daily basis. Claire’s one true fear was of losing control. Not so much of a situation, as she learned a long time ago that most situations at SCAR were nearly impossible to control. She was afraid of losing control of herself. Her emotions had always been fragile. And on more than one occasion she had nearly hurt someone she cared about.

Claire sipped at her soda and lime as she felt a vibration in her pocket. Pulling out her cell phone, she noticed that there was a new text message. It was from Andrew. Opening the message, her visage became dark as she read it and she gripped Mal’s hand, not realizing that she was digging her nails in. When she had finished, Claire turned the phone off and she started to cry. Tears streamed down her face and she made no sound as she wiped them away.

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Malcolm made a grunt of acknowledgment to what Claire was saying as he sipped his class of scotch. He paid little mind to her taking out her phone since SCAR phones did not use traditional transmission signals as civilian phones and thus made them fly-safe. The Chaplain did start to take notice, however, when Claire's nails started digging into Malcolm's hand. Yes, it was uncomfortable, but not painful, not compared to what Mal was used to. He looked over to see Claire in tears.

Setting his glass down, Malcolm reached over to her and wiped the tears from her face. "Ssh. Shh. It's okay Claire. What is it?" Malcolm asked in a genuinely soft and caring tone, one that would sound extremely odd and misplaced if you knew the man as well as Claire and SCAR did.

"It's okay, Claire. I'm here. Malcolm's here. Ssshh." He held her close, wrapping an arm around her, rubbing her back in a comforting manner. When flight attendant came up to see what was wrong, she was quickly driven away by a glare and a shake of Malcolm's head.

"Claire, control yourself, girl. Come on. Don't worry. Sshh." The Chaplain brushed her hair behind her ear and continued to wipe her cheeks clean of tears and just stroking her hair. Being a Chaplain, Malcolm has had some training in psychology, how to calm people of both sexes when their emotional state could put lives in danger.

"Talk to me, darlin'. I will help you through this. What happened?" Malcolm held the woman close, glaring daggers of ice at anyone who came too close.

John
01-26-2010, 06:09 AM
“It’s…Andrew,” Claire’s was still crying but her voice had her cold clinical tone and showed no trace of it. “He’s left SCAR.” Reaching into her pocket she removed the phone and read the message to Malcolm.

“Hermanita. Know that I love you and always will. You are a great leader, better than I ever was. But despite the way the mission ended, I have to leave. I am going underground and don’t know when or even if I will see you again. But always remember, si me neccesitas, te voy a oir cuando me llamas.” Claire shut the phone off and put it back into her pocket. Looking up at Malcolm, her eyes shifted between their natural colour and the blackness as she struggled to keep control of herself.

“Why do I always have to lose him Mal? Every time I get him back I have to lose him again.” Claire wrapped her arms around Malcolm and buried her face in his shoulder.

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 06:41 AM
The Chaplain remained silent, being a pillar of strength for Claire in her time of need. When she wept into his shoulder, he could feel her emotions start to seep into him, but he fought back, building a wall of hard willpower around himself. The flickering of her eyes from normal to black did not frighten the man, he just wiped her cheeks dry and held her close as he could.

"He is not lost, Claire. He still loves you and he still lives. He has moved on in his life. He came to a fork in the road and chose his own path. He is still with you, as am I." he ran his thumbs over her closed eyelids, smearing away her tears. Those powerful hands held Claire delicately, his icy gaze now melted and now warm and soft, if not still eerie.

"Remember that. Remember that you are never alone. Even if you are completely solitary, you are never alone. He is with you, now and forever." Malcolm kissed Claire on her brow, eyes closed, keeping himself warm and calm for her sake, and thus the sake of everyone on the plane. The Chaplain let Claire rest her weary head on his shoulder, not minding the wet spots left on his leather jacket.

"Sleep, Claire. It will prevent any serious jet lag." Malcolm said cooly, waiting for her to close her eyes and fall into a slumber. His own eyelids grew heavy, dragging him into the realm of sleep. He passed peacefully into a dream, not even realizing that his hand was intwined with Claire's. He was also not ashamed that his dreams were of her.

Malcolm was jolted awake by the airplane landing on the tarmac in Rome. It was just around morning there, the sun starting it's climb over the horizon, painting the clouds bright pinks and reds. Malcolm smiled. Perfect. They check in to their hotel and have a full day to schlep around town and relax.

"Wake up, Claire. We're here." he shook her gently to rouse her. She had barely moved the entire time, still huddled close and resting on his shoulder, her hand still entwined in his.

John
01-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Opening her eyes slowly, Claire released Malcolm’s hand and stretched. Reaching into her purse, she pulled out a package of gum and popped a piece into her mouth. Before placing it back into her bag, she offered a piece to Malcolm.

Although she didn’t thank him, or even speak, Claire was appreciative of Malcolm letting her literally cry on his shoulder. She did feel better, and for her, ther was something comforting about being in Malcolm’s strong arms.

As they disembarked, Claire stopped in the arrivals terminal and placed her bag on the floor next to Malcolm. She pulled out her cell and dialled a number. After a few moments she started to speak.

“English please,” After a moment of listening to the voice on the other end, Claire started to speak. “I would like to speak to Father Esteban Chavez please.” Another pause. “Claire Hannon.” Claire pulled the phone away slightly as she was put on hold and turned to Malcolm.

“Even with the IDs, I don’t think Italian customs is going to be too keen to let us enter the country with our weapons. Hopefully-,” Claire didn’t finish her sentence as she returned the phone to her ear and listened to the man on the other end.

“It’s good to hear your voice too Father.” Another pause. “Well actually that’s why I am calling. I’m in Rome right now at the airport with a friend form work and I really could use a car and a little help getting through customs.” She paused again and smiled at Malcolm as she listened to the Father. “Thank you so much Father. And yes I promise we will come and see you today.” Claire listened again. “Noon for lunch it is. I will see you then.” Claire hung up the phone and put it away.

“I think you will really like him. Father Chavez has been a friend of the family for a long time. He is going to make a call. When we go thorough customs all we have to do is show our IDs and we will be rushed through. No questions asked. He is also going to send us a limo to take us wherever we need to go. The only condition he had was that we join him for lunch.” Claire brought up a hand and brushed the hair out of her eyes. Still smiling at Malcolm, she couldn’t help feeling that Malcolm was her knight in shining armour. He had saved her when she was possessed by the demon at Wilbur Whately’s cabin. And had been there for her on the plane. Not judging her brother. Just being there. Not too mention that he had paid for the trip out of his own pocket. Being that he was a member of SCAR, he had the money, but Claire still appreciated it nonetheless. More and more Claire felt herself becoming more attracted to Mal. Picking up her bag, and taking his hand, she blushed a little.

“Well Mister Maverick. Lead the way.”

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Malcolm smiled back at Claire, nodding to her. "Any friend of yours is a friend of mine, Claire. You have good taste." he chuckled and started walking beside her, only smiling more broadly when she took his hand this time. "That and you have this incredible skill for reading people." he looked her in the eyes and let himself get lost for a bit. Hell, he had never allowed himself to feel this way for any girl since he was a senior in high school.

They reached the security guard, seeing him just get off the phone. Malcolm flashed his Homeland Security badge, and sure enough, the guard ushered Claire and him through like it was nobodies business.

Also just as was promised, a stretch limo awaited them at the curb. Malcolm walked up to the limo, using his trademark glare on the driver, telling him to not touch the passenger compartment door if he wanted to keep his hand, without uttering a single syllable. The Chaplain opened the door for Claire and took her baggage for her, placing both of their bags in the trunk before climbing in himself. He sat right next to Claire. Not across from her, but right next to her.

"Royal Hotel Vaticano, sinore." Malcolm said to the driver, getting a grin and a nod in response before the car lurched into motion.

"Claire, after what happened yesterday, I have a score I need to settle with you, okay?" he looked her in the eyes, smiling before taking a deep breath and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I still owe you one more, so don't let me forget, alright?" he chuckled with actual mirth, actual happiness. His thumb brushed over her soft knuckles as they looked out of the tinted windows to see the city of Rome pass by, the dome of St. Peter's Cathedral rising above all of the building tops. The design always made Mal smile. In Rome, no building could fully obstruct the Cathedral. It was designed so that no matter where someone was in the city, they could always find their faith.

John
01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Why Mister Maverick, are you flirting with me?” Claire giggled despite the fact that she was blushing. The thought of falling for someone made her quite nervous and she was trying to hide that fact from Malcolm. Relationships, in a lot of ways, had the same effect on Claire as alcohol. It was a lowering of inhibitions and a rising of emotion. And for someone like Claire, it wasn’t the safest situation to be in.

The limo arrived at the hotel and the two exited the car. Claire still felt a little uncomfortable at the attention Malcolm was giving her. Heading through the doors. Claire stopped herself from walking up to the desk and taking charge of the situation. She didn’t want to take anything away form Malcolm’s enjoyment of the situation, or hers, and remained silent.

StormWolf
01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
"Well, that depends..." Malcolm smiled and quirked an eyebrow at Claire. "Is it working?" he chuckled and gave her hand a squeeze before stepping out of the limo and grabbed the bags out of the trunk. He leaned in the window and shook the driver's hand, slipping him his fare plus a decent tip.

"Gratsi, sinore." Malcolm said before going inside. The floor was polished marble, as were the columns. The hotel lobby looked like it was part of a palace. Mal walked up, his heavy boots making loud clomps as he approached the desk.

"Bonjourno. I have a reservation. Under Maverick." the concierge smiled and typed over her keyboard, her smile only widening as she looked up at the two of them.

"Yes sir. Caramangello suite. You two on honeymoon? Pretty couple." Malcolm's eyes nearly flew out of his head. Of course. Italians and their foreward manner. The Chaplain cleared his throat,

"Um... No. No... Just friends. Keys?" Mal held out his hand, anxious to get to the room before his flushing face showed color. Getting the room key, Mal lead Claire to the top floor of the hotel, having to use the key to make the elevator go up to that floor, meaning that the entire floor was private.

The doors opened to a room that went beyond presidential suite. Glit and glamor everywhere. There was one king-sized bed.... Wait a minute... Malcolm walked over to the bed, picking up a note, and sighed.

"Of course, they ran out of double bed suites... I did not plan this! From my mouth to God's ears! You can have the bed. I'll take the floor or the couch." Mal stripped off his jacket, tossing it on a ladder-backed chair. He wore his grey marines shirt, fitting over his muscular form tightly.

John
01-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Claire threw her bag on the bed, giving Malcolm a curious look, She believed that he hadn’t planned a suite with only one bed. But still, the whole situation was putting her in a bit of a playful mood.

“Yea. I’ll just bet you didn’t.” Claire had a mischievous smile on her face. As she opened her bag, the phone on the nightstand rang. Answering it, she listened to the voice on the other end. Hanging up the phone, Claire turned to Malcolm.

“It seems there is an envelope for me at the front desk. Would you be a dear and get it for me?” Malcolm nodded his head, and Claire mad her way to the bathroom.

Once Malcolm had left the room, Claire had a quick shower. Once she had finished, she wrapped a towel around herself and stood in front of the mirror, brushing her hair.

StormWolf
01-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Once Malcolm closed the door, he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes with a pleasant smile. He chuckled, looking up at the heavens.

"You have quite the sense of humor, you know that, Father?" Malcolm laughed before taking the elevator downstairs, humming a tune to himself. When the elevator reached the lobby, Malcolm approached the front desk and nodded a hello to the concierge, asking for the envelope that was addressed to Claire. Recieving the message, Malcolm went into the store to buy a few nice bottles of red wine and some chocolates before heading back up. Nothing makes a better night cap than some dessert wine and swiss chocolate.

Reaching his floor again, Malcolm used his key to get inside his apartment quietly. Claire wasn't anywhere is sight. Setting down the wine and chocolate, he looked around, stopping when he say her in the bathroom, fresh out of the shower. Mind and body froze when he saw her wrap a towel around her bare body, glistening wet and letting off small wisps of steam. Malcolm's eyes tightened when he say the burn mark on her back, a burn in the shape of his hand print. He had given her that mark when she risked death or worse by allowing a demon to possess her, just so he could exorcise it. She was one of the bravest people he knew. The decent thing to do would have been to turn away or let her finish in private, so why didn't Mal's legs move worth a damn? Why didn't he avert his gaze?

John
01-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Claire jumped slightly as Malcolm entered the bathroom. She regarded him curiously, wondering why he was just staring at her. It seemed the right thing to do would be look away.

“Don’t you knock?.” There was no sense of any emotion in Claire’s words. But that was just to hide what she truly wanted to do. She began to wrestle with her logic and her passion. This was a very dangerous situation. Not only for Claire, but for Malcolm as well. Tilting her head to the side, Claire’s eyes turned black.

“Aw fuck it,” Claire moved quickly across the floor, pushing Malcolm backwards and slamming him into the wall. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pressed her lips hard against his. Her tongue shot out into his mouth, and started to probe. Claire pulled away as her emotions started to rise.

“Listen to me very carefully,” Claire stared into Mal’s eyes and was breathing heavily. Her teeth were clicking together, almost as though they were chattering due to a feeling of cold. “My ability makes this very dangerous.” Claire pressed her lips into his and moaned. “You have to be very…careful.” Kissing him again, Claire began to pull at his belt. “I not only project what I’m feeling, but I also feel your emotions as well. Very intensely.” Kissing him again, Claire pulled Malcolm’s belt out of it’s loops. “Please be careful.” Claire locked her lips with Malcolm’s, her tongue probing deep into his mouth. Moaning, Claire let the emotions over take her as her towel dropped to the floor.

StormWolf
01-27-2010, 07:58 AM
In any military situation, the effect of Shock and Awe was the most powerful and potent tactical maneuver one could use against an opponent. They never see what was coming and they don't know what the fuck happened when it passed.

Shock and Awe doesn't have shit on what just happened.

Malcolm tried to fight at first, thinking that she had been possessed and was trying to twist his head off, but the kiss with tongues blew that thought process right out of the water. He gave in and started to kiss back just as hard. He was a Chaplain, not a monk. No oaths of chastity here.

When the towel dropped from Claire and Mal's belt fell to the ground to keep it company, he tugged off his shirt and added it to the pile. His muscular chest was bare, built to near to physical perfection. The Chaplain's thick arms wrapped around Claire, holding her close as they kissed deeply. His mind swam as he felt her bare breasts press against his firm chest and the spot in the crook of her legs rubbing against his thigh. His hands fumbled with hers to unbutton and unzip his jeans while he kicked off his boots.

"I'm... always.... careful." Malcolm managed to get out in between feverish kisses. Steadily, he could feel his passion growing, he supposed from being fueled by Claire's ability. He wasn't going to lie, it felt amazing.

Free from his jeans, Malcolm remained just in his boxers, though they didn't do much to hide what was going on past the belly button at his moment in time. Mal felt a wave of powerful emotion wash over him, making him feel lightheaded for a moment. Once the effect faded, he picked up Claire in his arms and carried her to be bed, setting her down on the crisp and clean sheets and mattress. It was a shame that they took so long to clean and make the bed when Mal and Claire were just going to dirty it with sweat and passion. Mal had Claire on her back, his hips straddling hers as his tongue danced with hers deep in the wet confines of her mouth.

John
01-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Claire’s emotions entwined the two for what seemed like an eternity to Claire. It was rare that she gave into her passion. But if she had the right partner. Claire enjoyed it immensely. And Malcolm didn’t disappoint. And the effect of Claire’s ability made it so they wee as one. They moved in unison, able to anticipate and react to the other’s moves. For Claire, it was perfect.

As Claire lay in Malcolm’s arms, snuggling close to him and spent form their activities. She smiled and ran her nails through Malcolm’s chest hair. Moving her head up to kiss his neck, and initiate act two. Claire couldn’t help but notice the clock. It was eleven fifteen. And they had to be at the Vatican by twelve. Claire pressed her lips against Malcolm’s and kissed him deeply.

“We need to go.” Claire smiled. And giving Malcolm one more quick kiss and rolled out of the bed. Making her way to the bathroom, she stopped in the doorway, turning to smile at Malcolm.

“Call the front desk and have a car meet us downstairs in twenty minutes. Give me five and then the shower’s all yours. I really think it’s best that you don’t join me. Don’t want to keep the Father waiting now do we.” Blowing a kiss at Malcolm, Claire entered the bathroom and locked the door and silently hoped that Malcolm would break it down.

StormWolf
01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
The room grew muggy and humid as the morning slowly turned in to noon. Time passed by passionate kissing and an intricate dance of love between Claire and Malcolm, the two of them joined at the hip as one. Their passion so intense Malcolm was sure that the fire between them would burn them both to a crisp.

When Claire left to finish the job their sex interrupted, Malcolm just laid in the bed, catching his breath with a smile on his face. His hair, which was usually combed back neat and strait, was a wild mess. Sweat beaded all over him, and he loved it.

"What a woman..." Mal mused, sitting up to crack his thick neck and roll those broad shoulders. The Chaplain stood up and walked about the room, not giving a good goddamn that he was stark naked at that the tourists outside cold probably see everything. He unpacked his bag, frowning to see that the only nice clothes he brought were his Clergy blacks. He shrugged. They were meeting a Vatican Priest, after all. What better way to impress a man of the cloth than to wear the proper uniform with an ivory collar band with a silver cross in lieu of the white paper ones used today.

Mal set his clothes out and waited for Claire to get out of the bathroom so he could rinse the sweat and love-scent off of him before getting dressed. With everything set out, Mal called down to the desk and ordered a driver to take them to the Vatican. When the door opened, Malcolm walked by Claire, giving her behind a nice pinch before closing the door and taking a cold shower.

He got dressed in his Clergy Blacks and slipped on his black boots. An odd combination, Clergy Blacks and combat boots. Slipping the ivory Roman Collar into his shirt collar, he turned to face Claire.

"Ready when you are, dear." Malcolm chuckled, opening the door for Claire.

John
01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Claire would never admit it, but couldn’t help feeling a little strange for the thin that she was thinking as she looked at Malcolm in his clergy blacks. She smiled as the word defrock entered her mind and she approached the door. Stopping at the door, she gave Malcolm a wicked smile.

“Bless me father for I have sinned. So don’t be surprised if I feel the urge to kneel and pray.” Stopping for a moment, she realized that she hadn’t yet looked in the envelope that was addressed to her. At the time, she had other, more pressing matters. Opening it, she removed a card with a note attached to it. The not read “Something you might enjoy.” Claire instantly knew who it was from and opened the card to reveal an invitation to a grand ball at the estate of a Count Ferretti, just outside of Rome. Claire slid the invitation back into the envelope and placed it on a table.

“It appears that Father Chavez wishes for us to attend a ball. Let’s get going and see what he‘s up to. You can confess my sins in the limo.” Claire smiled again as she thought that maybe religion had it’s merits after all.

StormWolf
01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Malcolm smirked and chuckled at Claire's joke, taking her hand as they walked out of the room and took the elevator down.

"Relax, my child. What we did was not sinful. It was not out of lust. If it was, one of us might have known." he smiled and kissed her hand. "I am, however, glad that you are going to come to confession. It will get a great weight off of your chest." The two of them walked hand in hand to the driveway, their limo waiting there. The driver opened the door for them, letting the couple into the compartment.

"To the Vatican, please." Malcolm said to the driver, who nodded with a smile. When the door closed and the car stated to move, Mal smiled at Claire and looker her in her beautiful eyes.

"So, what is it you wish to confess, my child?" he held both of her hands in his.

John
01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
“Well Malcolm,” Claire had a playful expression and was licking her lips. “I need to confess these lustful thoughts I have been having. Though I don’t think that words will be able to describe them properly.” Claire removed her hands from Malcolm’s and straddled him on the backseat of the limo. Looking down, she undid his pants and slid down between his legs.

When the limo had arrived at it’s destination, Claire exited and applied some lipstick. Removing a small spray bottle of binaca from her purse, she sprayed some of it into her mouth and looked into the limo. She smiled at Malcolm, who was trying to do op his pants. Once Malcolm had finally regained enough composure to exit the limo. Claire tuned to him and spoke.

“Once you meet the Father,” Claire’s tone had become professional and cold. “Do not say anything about the incitation he sent us. He likes to keep people guessing about things and will reveal what he wants in his own time.” Claire took Malcolm’s hand and led him to the doors of the building. Once inside, Claire led Malcolm to a desk, with a woman seated behind it. She turned to the woman and smiled.

“We have an appointment with Father Esteban Chavez.” The woman looked up at Claire and asked her name. Claire was unable to answer as a man’s voice, with a Spanish accent, echoed throughout the hall.

“Claire Hannon!” Claire turned to see the Father approaching her and Malcolm. Esteban stood about five foot seven inches and looked to be in his late fifties. “It has been too long child.”

Claire moved quickly to Esteban and embraced him. After a few moments she pulled away and smiled. “It’s good to see you Father.” Claire turned and motioned at Malcolm. “ Father, allow me to introduce Malcolm Maverick.” Esteban moved in front of Malcolm and extended a hand.

“It’s always a pleasure to meet a friend of Claire’s and a fellow man of the cloth.” Despite his thick accent, Esteban’s English was perfect.

StormWolf
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Malcolm stepped out of the limo, tugging at his slacks and shaking a leg. He smirked at Claire and shook his head, clearing his throat.

"Well, you are forgiven.... I'll do my best to help." he looked up at the heavens and frowned before walking with Claire inside the Vatican by her side. As she took on her serious and professional tone, Malcolm too found his own face becoming that stone mask he wears during operations. As they stood before the door to the Vatican, Malcolm went to a knee and traced a cross over his head, chest, and shoulders. Once inside, Malcolm stood nearby Claire, remaining reserved and stoic, showing the deepest respect in the Lord's House. So close to them was the burial sight of St. Peter, that alone was a marvel.

When Father Chavez approached, Malcolm stood by and let the two of them enjoy their reunion. When Chavez extended a hand to Malcolm, the Chaplain took in and shook firmly, a shake that the Father was not used to, judging how the man's eyes bugges slightly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Father. I am Malcolm Maverick of the United States Chaplain Corps."

John
01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
“I thought the boots didn’t really go with the outfit.” Esteban smiled and turned to Claire, rubbing his hand as he did so. “But I’m sure the two of you must be hungry. Come. I’ve prepared a nice paella. Let us eat. And then I have something I wish to discuss with you.” Claire nodded her head at Esteban, and he led them to a room with a long table. Food and drink was laid out and the three sat down. Esteban said a small grace and the three began to eat.

During the meal, Esteban spoke primarily to Claire, catching up on old times. Claire was smiling the whole time as she truly did love the Father. He had been there for her when her parents had died and had been their friend since before she was born. Once the meal was finished. He poured a glass of wine for himself and Malcolm and refilled Claire’s water. Moving his chair closer to the two, his expression became much more serious.

“I am sue that you received the envelope I sent you.” Claire nodded her head and the Father continued. “I have a problem and I require your help. Normally I would go directly to SCAR. But with England no longer part of the treaty, and Russia unable to send any help. I don’t know who else to turn to.” He had a look of urgency on his face and Claire smiled at him

“I am always happy to do whatever you ask.” Claire’s tone was soft and reassuring. Esteban looked down at the floor, as if he were searching for the right words. After a moment he raised his head and looked into Claire’s eyes.

“Darius is in Rome.” As he spoke the words the smile faded from Claire’s face and her look become more intense.

StormWolf
01-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Malcolm had become something of a fly on the wall as the Father spoke primarily to Claire. He was not suprised or offended. It was their reunion, after all. The Chaplain just sat with that milltary straight-backed manner and calmly ate his lunch. The wine was a good year, perfectly aged and aired, and the steak was juicy and tender.

When the Father started speaking serious and spoke of some 'Darius' fellow, Malcolm arched an eyebrow at how Claire's experssion changed.

"Is there something that I should know? I don't like being kept in the dark and I don't like being caught with my pants down. And I really hate being in both situations at the same time."

John
01-30-2010, 04:05 AM
Claire sighed and turned to face Malcolm. She didn’t smile and her face had her professional look.

“Darius Blanchard,” Claire began. “Or at least that’s the name he goes by. Is a vampire.” Claire paused to take a drink of water. “Although we can’t be sure, we estimate his age to be somewhere in the vicinity of five thousand years. Which would make him the oldest living vampire on the planet. Before the twelfth century, not much is known about him. Mostly rumour and hearsay. But we do know that in the twelfth century he bacme obsessed with medicine.” Claire paused ot take a breath. She was having a hard time keeping it together and she closed her eyes as they started to change between black and their normal colour.

“He experimented on a lot of people and learned how to develop viruses. Eventually, he started to use them. I’m sure you have heard of the Black Death. That was Darius.” Claire started ot focus and opened her eyes.

“Over the years he has been linked to most of the major pandemics and viruses that plague the world from time to time. The Ebola virus in the Congo. The Spanish Flu. The Avian Flu. In two thousand and three, he was the cause of the SARS outbreak. That’s when I first met him.” Claire averted her eyes to the floor a little. She hoped Malcolm wouldn’t realize that she was hiding something from him.

“I was in Toronto at the time. I had left SCAR and went travelling. At the time, I couldn’t control my emotions and needed to get away. I travelled around form place to place, and ran into Darius.” Claire took a breath and then continued.

“There was a benefit concert for SARS at the time. Darius had planned to release the virus into the crowd and kill those in attendance. Understand, there were over two hundred thousand people in attendance. The death toll would have been catastrophic. Fortunately, I was able to stop him, but not before he escaped.” Claire looked directly at Malcolm. She assumed he may have questions, and wanted to give him an opportunity to ask them

StormWolf
01-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Malcolm frowned in thought, his fingers knitted together as he stared at the glass of wine before him. Thoughts whizzed through the Chaplain's head, what to ask, what not to ask, and other things like that.

"So, this ball.... what does it have to do with deep-sixing the bastard?" Malcolm had heard all he needed to hear, as far as what this monster's place was.

"If he is attending, I see two scenarios. Scenario one: There are other vampires attending and they are conversing for something less-than-friendly for the human race. Scenario two: he is massing a bunch of cows for the slaughter. Humans he can gas and feed upon."

John
01-30-2010, 04:51 AM
“Actually,” It was Esteban who spoke up to answer this question. “We think he has something far worse in mind.” The Father paused for a moment and righted himself in his chair. “We have received Intel that he is indeed in possession of a new and deadly virus. But we don’t think he intends ot use it at the party. Quite frankly we aren’t even sure if he will be there.” Claire turned to Esteban with a confused look on her face.

“Then why do we need to go to this ball?” Esteban smiled at Claire’s question and then continued.

“The Ferretti family is a very powerful family in Italy. Although it can’t be proven, we believe they have connections to the mafia. We think that Darius is working with the Ferettis and hope that a vist to their estate could reveal information as to his next move.” A very serious look appeared on Esteban’s face and he looked directly at Malcolm.

“We think he intends to destroy Vatican City. Understand, he is not your normal kind of vampire. Due to his age he can go for months without blood. He doesn‘t care about using humans for cattle. He just wants to kill as many of us as he can.” Claire’s eyes went a little wide she turned to Malcolm. She still had her professional look, but her tone was soothing.

“Malcolm, you need to understand one thing. This information is classified at the highest level. You are not supposed to know about Darius. For that matter, I’m not supposed to know. But Darius and I have a…” Claire frowned slightly. “History.” Claire really hoped that Malcolm didn’t get the wrong idea. She knew that she could tell him anything. The problem was, she wasn’t quite ready to. Turning back to Esteban, she smiled.

“I’m in Father. But I can’t speak for Malcolm.” Esteban nodded his head a slid a small box over to Claire. The box was the kind that you would get from a jewellery store for a necklace. Opening it revealed a cameo locket. Claire opened the locket and looked inside. She grinned widely at what she saw.

“Father? You know, I’m not supposed to have this.” Esteban smiled at Claire.

“My gift to you. A hacking chip. I am assuming you know how it works.” Claire continued to smile and nodded her head. Now do either of you have any other questions?” Esteban spoke with a serious tone.

StormWolf
01-30-2010, 05:45 AM
"I understand, Claire. I am not new to paygrade restrictions on information. And as far as attending, I go where you go. I'll be damned if I let anything hurt you...." Malcolm took Claire's hand, those icy eyes softening for a moment as he held her hand firmly and reasuringly. He cleared his throat, "You are my commanding officer, it is my job to get you out of there alive, no matter the costs."

The Chaplain wiped his mouth with his napkin, running his hand through his slicked-back hair with a sigh. "Father, how heavy will security and resistance be? Will we need to dead drop some supples beforehand and get them during the party? I assume security will be tight." He spun his steak knife on the table with his free hand, deep in thought.

"Damn it, this was supposed to be a vacation..."

John
01-30-2010, 07:57 AM
“Malcolm, I think this would be considered recon. We will go in light. And thanks for your faith in me.” Claire looked over at Esteban who nodded in agreement.

“You can’t go in shooting,” Esteban began. “The Feretti ball is a yearly event that plays host to heads of state, as well as the mafia. Now while I don’t expect you to in unarmed, understand that even if Darius is there, we don’t want to tip his hand. We need to find out where and when he intends to release the virus.” Esteban paused to sip some wine.

“As for the guards. Standard security. Probably rent-a-cops and mafia thugs. It will also be doubtful that there will be other vampires around because Darius and the vampire nation don’t see eye to eye.” Esteban paused for a moment to try and see if there was anything he had missed. “Oh and one more thing. Darius is a telekinetic. So use extreme caution. And I thank you both.” Claire turned to Malcolm and smiled.

“Well Mal, unless there’s anything else. I think we need to go shopping. We have a ball to dress for.” Claire smiled and her eyes lit up. She loved to shop. And more importantly, she couldn’t wait to see how Malcolm looked in a tux.

StormWolf
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
"God bless you, Father." Malcolm said to Estaban, shaking the man's hand firmly yet again before turning to Claire. Her smile caused he to smile, she had started having that effect on him since the airplane flight.

"Shopping it is, my dear. Lead the way. The most I know to shop for is weaponry." Malcolm chuckled. He stood and took her hand, walking her outside after she said her goodbyes to the Father. The limo pulled up and Mal opened the door for her, letting Claire climb in before getting in himself and closing the door behind him,

"Claire, I have no idea where to go, so you give directions this time."

John
01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
“Driver, take us to an Armani store.” The driver nodded his head and the limo sped off. Claire remained silent, holding Malcolm’s hand for the entirety of the drive. She was preoccupied with her thoughts, and knew that eventually she would have to tell Malcolm the truth of how she knew Darius. She just hoped he wouldn’t ask before she was ready to do so. Once they had arrived at the store, Claire and Malcolm exited the car and entered the store. It wasn’t very busy and they were approached by a man in a suit who immediately started speaking Italian.

“I’m sorry I don’t speak Italian.” Claire smiled and immediately the man started to speak in English.

“Please forgive me. My name isa Paolo and welcome to the world of Giorgio Armani. How may I assist you today?” Paolo was quite flamboyant and obviously gay. Claire smiled and had to admit that she felt a little bad for what she was about to do. But still, the thoughts provided her with a momentary diversion from those which were plaguing her.

“My friend here needs a tuxedo. And he needs it in three hours.” Claire was smiling and her tone was professional. Paolo started to shake his head.

“No signora. I am afraid that this isa impossible. We produce works of art here and would need at least a couple of days to make something truly befitting of one so strapping.” Paolo had a sad look on his face, but it quickly changed to a smile when Claire handed him her gold card.

“How about four hours? And feel free to charge double the normal fee. And of course I will be happy to provide you and your tailor with a rather large tip in appreciation of a job well done.” Paolo nodded and turned to Malcolm.

“Oh I assure you signora. With a specimen such as this to work with. We will create a work of art. Personally I picture him in a nice silk. Something soft against the skin, no?” Paolo took out a measuring tape and started to size up Malcolm. “Such a beautiful form. Yes, I know just what to do.” Claire smiled and spoke to Paolo.

“Thank you Paolo,” Claire turned to Malcolm. “I am gong to leave you in the capable hands of Paolo. Do have a good time, and play nice. I will be back shortly.” Claire gave Malcolm a quick kiss and exited the shop. As soon as she was outside, she started chuckling to herself, and made her way down the street until she found a dress shop she liked the look of.

StormWolf
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Malcolm became very stiff and pale once he heard Pablo had four hours with him.... alone. The kiss from Claire, though nice, was not making the situation any less awkward.

"Claire, darling, I am going to spank your bottom raw for this..." he shook his head at her as she walked away with her cute smile. The Chaplain just stood straight, hoping that his stance would be an obvious indication to his sexual preference. The fact that Pablo was wrapping a tailoring ruler around his upper thigh made for some obvious discomfor thought.

"You two married?" Pablo asked as he measured Mal from crotch to foot, resulting in the Chaplain biting back a curse. He took a deep breath and composed himself.

"Just about..." Mal mused, getting a strange look from Pablo. "It's complicated, all right?" Pablo just sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Flex for me, hun." Pablo said with his flamboyant lisp. Mal did so. The sooner this was over the better. For some reason, eating smoke and fire with the devil did not seem as bad.

"Jesus Christ, you are built like a rock!" Pablo exclaimed, measuring the flexed biceps, squeezing them with his hands to test firmness. "You in the service?"

"Uh-huh." Malcolm answered sharply, just getting a nod and a smile from Pablo.

This went on for a long while, getting all of the needed measurements before vanishing into the back of the store. Malcolm sat there, drumming his fingers on his knees, waiting to get his suit back just so he could get out of there. He felt like he needed either a shower or some activity with Claire to wash Pablo off of him. Mal was no homophobe, he was actually quite tolerant, but he saw how taxed his tolerance was when a gay man had his hands all over him for the better part of two hours.

Pablo returned after what seemed like an eternity. "Here you go, hun. Now strip down and put this on." Mal squinted his eyes, not out of defiance, but out of contempt of that eager smirk on Pablo's face.

When Claire had picked out her dress, Pablo found her and lead her over to a dressing closet. "Come on out, Mr. Maverick." Mal opened the door and stepped out, wearing black silk slacks and sports jacket, fitting his form snugly, but not uncomfortably, showing off those strong arms and firm chest. A dark grey vest of silk was over a white egyptian cotton shirt. To top it all off, he had a black silk bowtie around his neck and had handmade italian leather shoes on his feet.

"Well?"

John
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Claire spent a couple of hours shopping and also took the time to stop for an espresso at a local café. She was smiling the whole time as she guessed that leaving Mal alone with Paolo would make him feel uncomfortable in some ways. She was sure that Mal was tolerant, but she knew that Paolo’s flamboyance would most likely rub Mal the wrong way. When she returned to the shop, garment bag over her shoulder and a shopping bag in hand. Paolo led her to the dressing room and Malcolm came out. She thought that Mal looked so handsome in the tuxedo and there was only one word that she could think of to describe how he looked.

“Yummy,” The word purred from Claire’s lips and she turned to Paolo. “Paolo, you have done magnificent work. Please ring up the bill and add a thousand euros to it for a tip.” Paolo smiled and nodded his head.

“Graci signora. You are most generous. Mister Maverick. If you could get changed we will wrap that up for you.” As Malcolm went back into the dressing room, Claire picked out a pair of diamond studded cufflinks.

“Please add these as well.” Paolo nodded his head and rang in the purchase. He started to put the cufflinks in a bag, but Claire stopped him and put them in her own. “I want them to be a surprise.” Paolo smiled and nodded, and after a moment, handed Claire the bill. The number on it was quite large and without blinking an eye, Claire signed the bill.

Malcolm exited the dressing room and one of the attendants took the tux from him and placed it into a garment bag. Claire smiled at Malcolm and walked over to him. Looking at her watch, she realized that they needed to get moving. It was already six o’clock and the ball started at eight. And she still needed to get ready.

“Well Mister Maverick, I think it’s time we were going. We have a ball to dress for.”

StormWolf
02-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Mal had to admit, he felt like quite the gentleman wearing those custom crafted Italian clothes. It was almost a shame that he had to shed them so soon after putting them on. He had to keep in mind, though, that this was not some pleasure holiday ball that they were attending. The host was a killer with several hundreds of years under his belt and probably several thousands of victims. Malcolm had to remain more focused on the mission than on Claire’s perfect ass, and that almost brought a tear to his eye.

Exiting after shaking Paolo's hand and giving his thanks, Malcolm walked with a sharp briskness outside. Once he and Claire got into the limo together, he shivered. "I feel like I need a shower, after that man had his hands all over me...." Mal chuckled some.

The Chaplain remained sitting next to Claire the entire car ride, holding her hand in his. He didn't know why he had become so attatched, so attracted to her. She made him smile. No other woman had been able to make Malcolm smile since he came back.

"So, are we going to be carrying weapons into the ball or will they be tac-dropped for us? I don't want to go in empty handed...." he brough her hand up to his lips and kissed her knuckles. "I don't want anything to happen to you..." me muttered.

They arrived at their hotel at last and they wasted no time in getting up to their room. He gave her a long and deep kiss once the door closed behind them, his hands resting on her hips. Even with his connection to the Heavenly Host, Malcolm could not see in to the future. Either of them could die tonight. Not if he had any say in it, though.

They started getting ready once the kissing came to a close. Malcolm stripped down and put on a new pair of underwear, the kind that fit the form well to prevent any restriction in movement. Then tossing on and undershirt, the Chaplain started strapping weapons to his person. One was a wrist-mounted switchblade, a design very similar to a recent video game. Assassin's something. The weapon was made to be completely concealed and to not be detected by a metal detector. The blade of the weapon was a silver-plated steel knife, about a foot in length. One his right arm Malcolm strapped a push-dagger sheath, in a pat-down, it would pass as a wristwatch. No matter what, Malcolm would assume firearms would be taken easily and that the guards would have no shortage. He could always down a guard and take their gun, if the situation really became that dire.

Only after his weapons were properly affixed, did Malcolm put on his fancy new tux. The silk felt nice over his form and the leather shoes fit perfectly. Malcolm actually felt.... rich.... and proper.... for once.

Now completely dressed, he stood in front of a full-body mirror and surveyed himself, testing out his wrist-blade to make sure it didn't snag his shirt or coat. It did not, so that made life easier. Smirking at himself in the mirror, the Chaplain stood by the door, looking into the bathroom.

"Ready, darling?"

John
02-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Claire kept her hand in Malcolm’s and stayed quiet on the limo ride back to the hotel. She was so lost in thought, that she hadn’t even heard what Malcolm had asked her. At this moment, Claire was being flooded with a mix of emotions both good and bad. And she had to concentrate to keep her focus.

Once they had arrived back at the room, Malcolm kissed her passionately and she melted into his arms. She didn’t want it to stop and found herself wanting to test the limits of his stamina. But as it was, they had a job to do, and Claire needed to get ready.

She left Malcolm in the room and made her way into the bathroom with her suitcase and the bags form her shopping excursion earlier. She took a quick shower and afterwards stood in front of the mirror. Reaching a hand up, she wiped away the condensation on the mirror and stared into it. Her wet hair was matted against her head and tears started to form in her eyes. The emotions she was feeling were in danger of overwhelming her and she didn’t want Malcolm to know what she was truly feeling. She had more at stake in this than Malcolm realised and she couldn’t be sure that he would approve of her motives. Claire wanted revenge against Darius. He was the one who had killed her parents.

Once she had regained control of herself, Claire took some time to style her hair. She curled it into ringlets which fell around her face. She did her make-up, paying special attention to her eyes. Once that was done, Claire dressed in the gown she had purchased earlier. It was a long silk gown which was cut up the right leg. The black dress hugged her body and she put on a pair of matching black high heels. For the final touch, she put the cameo around her neck which Esteban had given her and it rested lightly against her cleavage. Claire was finally ready, and not a moment too soon as Mal opened the door and asked if she was.

Claire smiled when he called her darling. Just his presence was a comfort and Claire had to admit to herself that she was falling for him. But that had been happening for a while. He had always been kind to her and even prevented her form committing murder; though she still felt that Lyrico deserved to die for his actions. She kissed Mal lightly on the cheek, so as not to smudge her lipstick.

“I’m ready.” Claire smiled and went for her purse when someone knocked at the door. Claire opened the door to see a bellhop standing there holding a black suitcase in his hand. His jaw dropped for a moment when he saw Claire standing before him. He quickly regained his composure and started to speak.

“Forgive the intrusion Signora. But the rest of Mister Maverick’s luggage has arrived.” Claire took the suitcase, thanking the bellhop and giving hi a ten Euro tip. Closing the door, Claire placed the suitcase on the bed. The suitcase resembled a large briefcase and was held shut by two clasps which had a four digit combination lock next to them. Claire knew the only one who could have sent it was Esteban, and she quickly started to try different combinations of numbers. After a few moments of trying in vain, Claire sat on the bed and started to think. Esteban wouldn’t have made it difficult. It would have to be something that was significant to Claire and something that Esteban would know. She looked up at Malcolm and smiled and then the answer hit her.

“These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.” As Claire spoke she turned each of the first four dials to the number one, seven, one and four respectively. She pushed the button and the clasp opened. Now onto the next one.

“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is a thirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.” She turned the dials to the numbers two, two one, seven and the clasp opened.

Claire opened the case and observed the contents. Inside was a holster with a Glock, a small box with earrings, a bracelet, and a map of the estate well as an envelope with a card in it. Claire opened the envelope and read the card aloud

“Claire;

The items inside you may find useful. The bracelet has a grappling line which is activated buy pushing on the clasp. It will support over five hundred pounds of weight. The earrings will confuse any metal detector that may be used upon your entering the mansion. Make sure Malcolm knows that he must stay close to you to benefit from the effects. The gun is for you. Somehow I think it is a little more conspicuous than your usual weapons. Good luck to both of you and thank you.” Claire placed the note back in the envelope and turned to Malcolm smiling.

“Well I guess that means you can bring your big gun.” Claire’s face became playful. “And bring your Desert Eagle as well.”

StormWolf
02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
With all of his self control and stoic priestly reserve, Malcolm couldn't help but stare at Claire as she sauntered from the bathroom like a graceful bird, or some kind of predatory feline. A jaguar. Claire was definitely a jaguar in that black dress. How she tugged at him enticed, scared, and worried the man. If she wanted, Claire could make him dance to whatever tune she wished with a snap of her fingers and a clap of her hands. He was tied to her, not only by his oath of loyalty as a soldier, but Malcolm honestly thought his heart would overshadow his mind. Malcolm hated to sound like a romantic, he was far from it, but.... he loved her.

The knock at the door threw Malcolm from his reverie, making his sharp, cutting blue eyes dart to the door and his hidden blade shoot forth from within his sleeve. Only after the door closed and Claire started fumbling with the locks did Malcolm relax and let the blade vanish back up his sleeve.

The Chaplain smiled at what Claire quoted. He was pleased she had parts of the Bible memorized, if not the most decrepit and gloomy part.

"Revelations; 17:14 and Revelations 22:17" Malcolm said coolly, watching as the case opened. He could only smirk at Claire's playful comment as he pulled out his Desert Eagle with a handful of clips and the large silencer barrel.

"Hopefully I only need to draw one out and shoot with it tonight." Mal smiled as he concealed the weapons in such a way that they would be most difficult to find in a pat-down.

"Claire..." Malcolm started, walking up to her and placing his hands on her shoulders, her skin was like silk against his palms. He just wanted to wrap her around him, and himself around her. Was it really dry, all of a sudden? The Chaplain wet his throat before continuing.

"Claire, stay close to me.... and stay sharp, okay? I..." he looked down at his shoes, or at least that was what he meant to look at before his blues settled on her cleavage. His face reddened slightly, something that only Claire seemed to make him do.

"I don't want anything to happen to you. I you got hurt..." the large man sniffed. Was he really going to weep over speculation? Whatever happened to that impenetrable suit of armor he wore around himself at all times? What happened to his heart of stone and his soul of fire?

Pray that the heart of stone remembers tears and the soul of fire, love.

Malcolm had to physically resist from looking up at the heavens. If that was indeed the Host speaking, did that mean this was supposed to happen? Divine coupling or no, Claire was the only person who had ever been able to strip him of his armor and tear down the walls he built around his mind and emotions. She.... set him free. Claire was the only woman... the only person, who has ever wrapped the man around her finger.

"We should go. The sooner we get this done the better, yeah?"

John
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Claire put her foot on the bed and hiked up her dress. Strapping the holster to her thigh, she chambered a round in the gun and put it in the holster. Walking over to Malcolm, she put a hand on his cheek and smiled.

“Mal,” Claire spoke softly. “This isn’t my first rodeo. And remember, we don’t even know if Darius is going to be there.” Claire took the map form the case and unfolded it. The entire inside of the mansion was clearly marked and Claire smiled.

“I think we need to find a way into the office on the second floor.” Claire’s tone made the statement sound like a question. She valued Malcolm’s opinion and hoped he would give it.

“Perhaps we can find some information on a computer that might tell us where the virus is going to be.” Claire put on the earrings and the bracelet and took Malcolm’s hand. “But you are right Mister Maverick. We should be going. Personally, I’m in the mood to dance.” Claire smiled again and hugged Malcolm.

She felt safe in his arms. She never wanted to leave his embrace. Somehitng about it was so right and for a moment, Claire’s emotions took over. Her eyes went black and then quickly changed to their normal colour. But in that time, Claire could feel the emotion that Malcolm had. She instantly knew how he felt for her. Normally, the emotion would have scared Claire. But this time, she didn’t mind. In fact, with all they had been through, she felt the same way.

“I love you too Mal” Claire smiled and kissed him deeply.

StormWolf
02-18-2010, 05:47 AM
With that kiss and those words, Mal could have sworn he heard church bells toll. Whether that was the Ode to Joy playing in his head or the evening bell from tha Vatican, he wasn't completely sure, and he honestly didn't care. She had said it. She had read him like a Bible and she said that she loved him. The Chaplain just kissed back, never wanting to let her go. He wished they they could be turned to stone like this so that the moment would last for eternity.

"I'll dance with you until my feet bleed, and then keep on dancing." he breathed into her ear once the kiss broke. He wanted her forever. She deserved better, but Mal wanted Claire and no one else.

"We.... we should go. The sooner we get this done and over with, the sooner I can take you out of that dress and show you I mean what I feel."

John
02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Claire could feel the emotions coming off of Malcolm, and her eyes went black as they slammed into her. It felt not unlike a euphoric wave washed over her, and Claire wanted to melt into his arms. But they had a job to do, and Claire was about to lose control at any moment. She stared into Mal’s eyes and smiled, fighting against what she was feeling. It was the main reason that it was dangerous for her to fall in love. Now she could feel Malcolm all the time.

“You need to be careful Mal,” Claire shuddered and the urge to ride him like a wild stallion was beginning to overtake her. “You need to stay focused on the job. We have to treat this like we are just two operatives on a mission. You can’t let your emotions get in the way.” Claire felt a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. She was already letting her emotions get in the way. She was doing this partially out of revenge. Even Claire had to admit her background with Darius would make it extremely difficult for her to stay objective. And it was the thought of lying to Malcolm which snapped her back into reality.

Claire let go and moved over to the bed, picking up her purse. She stared at the bed for a moment and sighed. Not looking up, she began to speak.

“I have to tell you something,” Claire’s voice sounded sad. “I haven’t told you everything about Darius. And right now I am feeling pretty bad for not telling you sooner.” Claire paused and exhaled. Even though she had a good feeling that Malcolm wouldn’t be mad, it would be very easy to question Claire’s motives on this mission. And she couldn’t say for sure there wasn’t reason to.

“Darius Blackpoole killed my parents.”

StormWolf
02-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Malcolm walked up behind Claire, putting strong hands on her soft shoulders and planting a kiss in her sweet-smelling copper hair. The Chaplain's hands rubbed her arms gently, reassuringly. It made sense now, a big puzzle piece just landed in his lap, but it didn't change a thing. Claire was in this mission primarily for revenge, so what? Malcolm was convinced that the countless billions of people Darius had killed with his virus' want revenge as well. Claire and Malcolm would just be the means to an end for their vengiance. He picked his Kukri out of his bag and concealed the weapon on his back, the sheath built in to the coat.

"Sshh. All if forgiven, my child. I am glad that you have confessed this to me, Claire. Do you not feel.... relieved?" he kissed her neck, wrapping his arms around her, hands brushing over her slim abdomen as he kissed and nibbled her ear and neck.

"Come, my love. We have a party to crash." Mal held out his arm for Claire to take, walking her to the limo once they were hand in hand, arm in arm.

The limo ride would take a while, so Malcolm figured he might as well try something he had not been so bold to do yet this trip.

"Claire..." he held her hands in his, her small, soft hands feeling like velvet in his rought and battle-scarred hands. He went to a knee on the limo floor before her, looking her in the eyes.

"Will you pray with me?" he smiled when she nodded silently. His hand pulled his Holy Charm necklace over his head and twined it in their hands, tying them together, in a way.

"O Lord our God, guide us and protect us through the hardships ahead. Lead us with your Light and let your Will make our spirit's strong. Harden us and shield us from pain and temptation, for with your Grace, it shall not touch us this night. Make our hands steady, O Lord, for they are rightious and they are meant to slay those sworn to Satan.

Please, O merciful God, let us come home unscathed and whole in mind, body, and spirit. And if it be your Will that one of us falls this night...." Malcolm looked up at Claire, his eyes soft for a moment, "...let it be me. Amen." He kissed the crucifix, which happened to be laying atop Claire's hand. Putting the Charm necklace back over his head, he tucked it in his shirt and sat next to Claire, just holding her hand for the duration of the car ride, in silence.

When they arrived at their destination, Mal exited first and helped Claire out of the limozine in a gentlemanly fashion. Going arm in arm once more, they walked inside together. Strolling down a long pathway that cut a massive garden in half. The tile stones made a mosaic that portrayed Roman soldiers fighting Gauls. Shrubs cut in the form of women, angels, devils, and mythical creatures stood high in a bed of flowers, white marble fountains gushed and gurgled, some with water, some with wine.

When they reached the glit-covered redwood doors of the mansion - palace - the guards patted Malcolm and Claire down, wanding them with protable metal detectors as expected. The Padre had outdone himself with the gadgets. The guards, with their hands and wands, cought nothing. While Malcolm was being patted down, he took time to scan the reception chamber. White-and-blue marbel made the floors and colums. A chandelier of gold and crystal glittered high up in a michalangelo-style painted dome. Weapons and art from all matters of countries and all possible timeframes decorated the walls on depistals or lit displays. Glit painted tables of masterful design held gold platters of food and drink.

Getting permission to pass, Malcolm and Claire entered the hall, a switch seeming to flip in Malcolm's head. All romantics stopped dead in their tracks and his eyes became colder than ice. It was time to work. With Claire on his arm, he nodded to the two mirroring staircases, arching up to a second floor. The staircases themselves were artful, the handrail finely engraved marble and the spokes were toga-clad women holding the handrail over their heads.

"Second floor would be my guess." he said, waving away a waited dressed in a fine suit, carrying a tray of what smelled like crab cakes.

John
02-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Claire knelt alongside Malcolm in prayer. Personally, she didn’t think God was listening to her right now anyway. And after what had happened at the end of the mission to Arkham, she didn’t put a lot of faith in God. Still, she knew it would please Malcolm, and that counted for something. The whole time though, Claire stayed focused on the mission now. And her revenge. Claire grabbed her purse and double cheeked that she he had her USB drive, and the map, before they left.

Claire felt exhilarated by the grandeur inside the mansion. She took a glass of champagne form one of the waiters and sipped at it. People were moving about mingling and Claire lowered her head, reaching out with her emotions. She quickly found what she was looking for.

“Malcolm,” Claire spoke quietly. “There are five guards in this room. One at each door. Also there are other people who are armed throughout the room. Four people are having affairs.” Claire’s speaking started to become more rapid. “There is a congressman in attendance with a prostitute, Six people here are-” Claire stopped talking and took a deep breath. She pushed with everything she had to regain control. Unknowingly, she dug her nails into Malcolm’s hand and dug in as hard as she could. Once she had regained control, she shivered slightly and moved even closer to Malcolm.

“I don’t know what just happened.” Claire was a little lost. It was almost like she was reading thoughts, but she was only sensing emotion. “There are two guards upstairs in either hallway. I think maybe we need ot find an alternate route upstairs.” Claire smiled and tried to sound professional. But Malcolm knew her well enough and would know that she was scared by what just happened. The music changed and Claire smiled. It was a tango and Claire wanted to dance.

“Would you care to dance Mister Maverick?”

StormWolf
02-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Malcolm's face didn't budge at the stinging of Claire's nails digging grooves into his hand. His face was stone, unchanging under pressure. Those cold blue eyes darted around while Claire rattled off information from her Reading. Why he looked for the politician with the prostitue, he had no clue. Blackmail, maybe. No! That was not a very Christian way to think!

“Would you care to dance Mister Maverick?” Malcolm's stony face cracked with a charming smile as he changed his stance, holding Claire's hand and started stepping with her, moving with the classical tune with a burly kind of grace, but his dancing was shamed by Claire's. He thought he had an idea of where this was going, but he followed her lead. She was the butterfly, he was the bee... no, she had a nasty sting as well. She was a Jaguar, he was a Wolf. Yeah, that worked. Suddenly, a mental image of a wolf and a jaguar dancing entered his mind, then a wolf and a jaguar....

STAY FOCUSED!!!!

"I am so glad we finally found room in our busy schedule to have a night to ourselves, dear. Aren't you?" he smiled as they danced with his "wife". Sometimes, Malcolm could swear that priests in the Vatican were psychic. How did the Padre know to make their cover husband and wife? There were a million other plausible possibilities, but he was very content with this one. Hell, it felt.... fitting.

Focus... right...

John
02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Claire and Malcolm glided together across the dance floor. She was trying hard to keep herself focused and distracted from the feelings she had for him. Not to mention the feelings he had, which were ever present in Claire’s mind. She didn’t like the idea of having to shut him out, but right now, it was for the best.

When the song ended, Claire led Malcolm to the edge of the dance floor. She looked up at him. She wanted to smile, but instead her face was devoid of emotion. The wall was holding steady in her mind and even the love Malcolm felt would not be able to knock it down. But it still managed to seep through the cracks.

Claire was also still worried by what had happened before. The experience of being able to read emotions as thoughts was almost overpowering for her. She was glad that she was able to shake the thoughts from her head. But still, she was worried and hoped it wouldn’t happen again.

“Follow my lead,” Claire’s voice was cold and she collapsed into Malcolm’s arms with a sigh. She had her eyes closed and was not supporting her weighty with her legs. Instead she used Malcolm to keep her from falling over. She started twitching a bit for a little added effect and waited for Malcolm to make the next move. To anyone watching, it would appear that she had passed out.

StormWolf
02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Claire's theatrics were nothing short of perfect. She should get an Oscar for how well she can play her facades. Her legs buckled under her as she seemed to faint. The Chaplain reacted quickly, catching her in his arms to ease her down on the ground much more gently than the alternative. One of the rent-a-cops came over, frowning more with frustration than with anger.

"What seems to be the problem?" the guard asked with Malcolm could have taken for frustrated boredom. Malcolm looked from the guard to Claire, 'unconcious' on the fine marble floor.

"Uh... My wife has really low blood pressure. She probably had a little too much to drink and she blacked out. I'll tell you, it really put a damper on out first date, seeing as how we were both drunk and wild and we..."

"Sir. Sir! Is she alright?" the irritated guard interrupted. Malcolm looked from Claire to the guard again,

"Yes. Yeah, she just need a place to get her sea legs back. Is there a place upstairs where I can lay her down?" Malcolm held Claire in his arms, rubbing her arms vigorously with his hands, as if trying to waker her up. The guard huffed and looked about, seeing if any of his superiors were watching.

"All right. Follow me." the guard caved and lead Malcolm upstairs, a limp Claire in his arms. The rent-a-cop let them in to a homey den, a victorian age couch and other very old artifacts and furniture covered the floor and walls.

"Just stay in here until she wakes up." the guard said before closing the door on them both. Malcolm set Claire down on the couch and tugged the hem of his coat to straighten out a few wrinkles.

"Wow, award for shittiest security of the year goes to that guy."

John
03-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Claire opened her eyes and smiled at Malcolm. He was right, that was one pathetic guard. Not only did he buy the story, but he also took them to the second floor; which was exactly where they needed to be. Claire removed the map form her purse and opened it up on the table. Claire started to get an uneasy feeling as she realized that they were right next door to the room labelled “office.” This was too easy. And when you worked for SCAR, it was when things started to go well that bad things tended to happen.

Claire got up form the couch and took Malcolm by the hand. She had let her guard down and stumbled as Malcolm’s emotions hit her. Pausing for a moment, she gained control again and proceeded to open the doors which led to the balcony. Removing the bracelet form her wrist, Claire fired the line to the adjacent balcony. The tiny hook caught into something and Claire hooked the bracelet onto the balcony. Once she was sure it was secure, she turned to Malcolm and her voice came coldly.

“See you on the other side,” Claire grabbed onto the line and started to work her way, hand over hand ot the other balcony. Once there, she opened the door and slipped inside. Not waiting for Malcolm, Claire made her way to the computer on the desk and attached the hacking chip from inside the cameo. She took a USB drive form her purse and plugged it into the computer and started to browse the files. This was going to take a little time.

“Mal,” Claire looked over her shoulder. “Cover the door. I’m going to need a little time.” Normally it wouldn’t have been an issue. Claire could have just used her ability and known if someone was coming or not. But if Claire used her ability now, she would most likely end up attacking Malcolm. In which case, they would be caught for sure. There was also what had happened earlier. Being able to read all that she could unnerved Claire and she wasn’t too anxious to use her ability again. At least not yet.

StormWolf
03-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Malcolm followed after Claire on the thin-but-sturdy cable across the courtyard below. Patrons milled about beneath him as he eased his way to the adjacent balcony. If anyone had the desire to gaze at the moon overhead, they would see a man seemingly floating in the air in what looked like the fetal position. That was attention he and Claire would not need. By the grace of God, Malcolm made it across to the other balcony unnoticed, or at least as far as he knew.

When Claire asked Malcolm to cover the door, he simply nodded, his face flat as an anvil and his eyes hard enough to mark steel. He pulled up his pant leg and rummaged through several pockets on his shirt and sports jacket, producing over a dozen metal components that looked unassuming and unremarkable on their own. The Chaplain's hands moved swiftly, the several metal components slowly taking shape, eventually becoming his trusted Desert Eagle. Slipping off one of his shoes, Mal pulled off the sole, the heavy 10 round clip falling on to the desk. From his jacket he pulled out what looked like an unassuming flask. Twisting the large 'cap', Malcolm pulled a large silver cylinder out from the disguise, leaving what was obviously a massive silencer in his hands.

Malcolm loaded in the clip and twisted on the silencer barrel and cocked the weapon, taking a chair and placing it before the redwood double doors to the study. There Malcolm waited, his large pistol aimed at chest level, the promise of a solid slug through the chest.

"Find anything, dear?" Malcolm said calmly over his shoulder. His trigger finger tapped the crescent piece of metal that could ruin someone's day: the trigger of his gun.

John
03-07-2010, 07:17 AM
“Need more time,” Claire’s voice sounded cold. There was a lot of information on the computer and some of it was encrypted. Even with the chip in place, it was still a little hard to break through the security. Claire decided it was time to try a different tactic. Moving the mouse over the drive contents, she began to transfer all of the files to the USB drive.

“There’s too much here,” Claire’s looked over at Mal and smiled. “It will be easier to take it all. We can sort it out later. Give me five minutes.” Claire turned back to the screen and observed the progress bar. She watched it for two minutes as she heard the sound of the door opening.

“Who are you and what are doing here,” Claire heard the distinct noise of a round being chambered and turned around.

“I bet that’s going to hurt,” Claire smiled.

“What is?” The man looked and sounded confused.

StormWolf
03-07-2010, 07:38 AM
"This." Malcolm said coldly, squeezing the trigger. The silencer made a whisper of the gunshot, the heavy .50 cal slug knocking the intruding guard off of his feet an onto his back. The poor bastard was dead before he hit the ground. It was a clean kill, a merciful kill.

Standing, Malcolm walked over to the body and closed the man's eyes. "Bless me father, for I have sinned. Please accept this man into Your loving embrace." Malcolm stood and picked up his shell casing from the polished marble floor, which had a growing blotch of black on it as the guard's blood freed itself from his body.

"Chances are someone heard this man's dead weight downstairs. Quicker would be better." he said in his usual crisp tone as he pulled the guards gun from the ground and stuck in in his belt.

John
03-10-2010, 06:56 AM
“Working on it,” Claire turned back to the computer. “Maybe you should lock the door.” Claire continued to watch the progress bar, but she was starting to feel worried. Malcolm was right. Someone would have heard him hit the floor, and no doubt they would be on their way to investigate.

The hard rive finished downloading and still no one had arrived to check on the sound. Grabbing the USB drive, Claire headed to the window motioning for Malcolm to follow. She made her way across the line back to the other balcony and entered the room, after retrieving the bracelet. And just in the nick of time, for she could clearly hear the sound of people pounding on the door to the other room. After a moment, she heard the door open and the sound of angry voices. It wouldn’t take long for them to enter the room which Claire and Malcolm were in.

“Malcolm,” Claire made a wry smile. “I’m sorry for this.” Claire tackled Malcolm onto the couch and undid her dress, allowing her breasts to fall free. She jammed her lips against Malcolm’s and started to grind into him. Claire was sorry for this because she had to keep her emotions in check. The wall held steady in her mind, with some difficulty, and there was no emotion or passion in the act. It was a means to an end, and no doubt it was needed, for at that moment the door to the room they were in opened.

StormWolf
03-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Malcolm grunted as he was tackled onto the couch. He was taken by suprise only for a moment before he understood what must be done. The Chaplain could feel that Claire had no emotional stock in what was happening; the evidence was that he was still wearing his clothes. Still, Malcolm went with the facade.

The guards burst in, seeing a wife atop her husband, bare-breasted and grinding against her husband's lap, kissing him violently. Malcolm looked over at them, shooting one of his famous dagger-stares at the whole lot of them. The guards were frozen in place.

"Do you have a brain at all? Stop gawking and leave before I rip out your eyes, or call my lawyer, and he will do much worse than that!" The sharp and crisp hostility in Malcolm's voice made the guards stagger back and eventually close the door with profuse apology. Once their privacy was regained Malcolm re-arranged his hair and his clothing.

"We got what we came for. I say we leave." Malcolm said as he helped Claire put on the top of her dress. She simply nodded in return. After gathering their things, and after Malcolm dis-assembled his pistol and returned them to their proper hiding places, the two of them left the room and headed downstairs. One of the guards started to try an apologize but was cut off by Malcolm.

"Sir, I highly suggest that you either reform your manners and remove yourself from employment or go and eat your own sidearm, because that is the only way I will not leagally throw you over a table and tear you several new assholes." The Chaplain snarled coldly, and very politically to boot. The guard stopped in his tracks, as if someone found his batteries and just plucked them out.

Once outside, Malcolm called their limo, opening the door for Claire and letting her climb in before following. The Chaplain ordered them back to the hotel as soon as possible.

Once in their room, Malcolm locked the door and bolted it. Removing his jacket and undoing his tie. "That went well, I think..." he smiled at Claire, his stony demeanor falling away just for her.

John
03-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Claire started at Malcolm and smiled at him, her eyes turning black as she did. She was glad to be alone with him, for now she could let her guard down again. She shuddered noticeably as the pleasant emotions from Malcolm washed over her and wrapped her in a feeling of euphoria.

“I think it went extremely well Mal,” Claire smiled playfully and wrapped her arms around his neck “In fact, I think you deserve a special commendation for your work on this mission.” Claire pressed her lips hard against Malcolm’s and started to undo his belt.

As she kissed him, Claire felt a strange sensation. It was similar to what she had felt in the mansion, though this time it was more intense. It felt as though a million thoughts and emotions were pounding against the inside fo her head. Pulling back form Malcolm, she started to tremble and blood started to run form her nose.

“Mal… I… I…” Claire’s voice was little more than a whisper. “Help me.” Claire collapsed to the floor and started to convulse. She had no control over her body and her head was slamming into the floor of the room.

“They’re having sex…cheating…,.going to kill his boss….stole from her mother…” Claire screamed and tears started to stream down her face.

StormWolf
03-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Malcolm earnestly returned the kisses Claire were planting on him, his hands resting on her hips as she started to undo his pants. When she stopped, Malcolm looked her in the eyes, worry quickly filling those pools of glacier blue.

The Chaplain leapt to help even before Claire yelled for it. Mal put his hand behind her head to prevent Claire dashing her own brains out. He knew this was not a traditional ciezure, so he was at a loss.

"I'm here, love. Shushshushshush. I'm here for you." Malcolm cooed to her, holding her close, doing what he could to keep her from thrashing. Malcolm forced thoughts and emotions that were positive and erotic to the forefront of his mind; memories of earlier that day being the driving force.

John
03-23-2010, 08:15 PM
As Claire’s eyes turned black, she stared at Malcolm, trying to regain control of her mind, The thoughts and feelings pounded against her and she felt like her head was going to explode. Even with Malcolm holding her, she felt no comfort in his arms, or in the emotions she was trying to project onto her.

“Make it stop,” Claire sobbed and grabbed onto Malcolm’s collar. “Stealing from the guests… so worried about the presentation… watching porn….”

Claire wrapped her arms around Malcolm’s neck and pulled herself to him, burying her face in his chest. She was still convulsing and felt like she was going to lose herself. She couldn’t help thinking about the first time she had learned of her abilities. She had nearly killed herself because of an emotion that wasn’t her own. But this was so different. It was like having hundreds of people screaming in her head all at once. Pulling back slightly, she started into Malcolm’s eyes.

“Kill me… please.”

StormWolf
03-24-2010, 03:05 AM
Malcolm looked Claire in the eyes, his own wide with horror, silver streams of tears running down his cheeks. He would do anything for her, but this.... this was asking too much.

"No... No... I can't, Claire... I can't..." he squeezed her tight, his crying bordering on weeping. He could never harm Claire again, not after he had already seared her with his power before. No.

"God! Please, God! Help her! Sammael! Michael! Gabriel! Please, help her!" Malcolm yelled up at the heavens, his eyes red from the tears that wetted his cheeks.

"I know you exist! I know you are merciful! Help her! I love her!"

John
03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
The sound of Malcolm’s voice came to Claire’s ears as if coming from underwater. Yet the emotions and thoughts in her head were all too clear. She could see the entire lives of people she didn’t know laid out before her, and it was hurting her. Her body was being wracked with pain as she continued to convulse in Malcolm’s arms. And then, as quickly as it had started, Claire’s body went limp.

Claire stared up at Malcolm through blackened eyes, unable to move. It felt like someone was bashing her brains out with a sledgehammer and her entire body was on fire. Tears were streaming down her face and the blood continued to stream from her nose.

“Water,” the word came as little more than a whisper and then Claire passed out.

StormWolf
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Frantically, Malcolm got to his feet and ran over to the tap, filling a crystal glass with ice cold water. His eyes burned from the tears that still bubbled forth and fell down his cheeks. Malcolm ran back to Claire, lifting her up so that he could pour small portions of water down her throat. The subtle rise and fall of her breasts told Malcolm that she was alive. Right now, that was all that mettered.

"Thank you, Father." Malcolm said, looking up to the heavens. The Chaplian gently trickled the water down Claire's throat, making sure that it went into her stomach and not into her lungs. Once the glass was empty, Malcolm gentyl picked Claire up and set her gently on the bed, resting her copper-haired head on the down pillows and tucked her succulently curvacious body under the covers.

Malcom undid his bow tie, unbottoning and removing his dress shirt, leaving Malcolm in his white undershirt, his slacks, and his shoes. He sat at the desk by the door, assembling his DEagle and keeping his sanctified Kukri close by. The last time Claire ever had a fit like that was back in Arkham befoer Cthulu was summoned. He had to be ready, he had to keep Claire safe until she woke up

John
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Claire was falling through a sea of darkness, lost in the recesses of her own mind. She was trying in vain to block out the voices which screamed at her. She was lost and alone and felt as if she were going mad.

“Where’s your god now Malcolm?“ Claire screamed the words into the darkness unaware of their sounding in the waking world.

“Why do I have to suffer more? Haven’t I suffered enough?” Claire shrieked and continued to spiral further into the darkness.

Claire lay on the bed, her breathing becoming more shallow. Her body shivered beneath the covers and sweat formed on her brow.

StormWolf
03-29-2010, 04:58 AM
Tears silently fell down the stony face of Malcolm Maverick as he heard Claire scream in her semi-comatose state. He folded his arms over his broad chest, tucking his hands in his armpits, as if he was trying to squeeze the life out of himself.

This was all his fault. He had insisted on coming to Rome, to the Vatican. He felt completely responsible for Claire's current state, for all the hardship she had been through. With a rough sniff, Malcolm walked over to the bed, climbing in next to Claire, scooping her in his arms. She was suffering....

With a barely-stifled sob, Malcolm drew his pistol and eased the hammer back. The Chaplain gently rocked back and forth with Claire, humming 'Amazing Grace' to the two of them. Malcolm's gun-hand was shaking, his cheeks wet from tears. He couldn't force Claire to suffer. Malcolm pressed his lips against hers in a loving kiss, one intended for goodbyes. He let that kiss linger for as long as he could, not wanting to let go.

John
03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Claire continued to fall through the darkness in her mind. The immense feeling of sorrow, which hit her like a tidal wave, for a moment seemed to block out all other emotions. She knew immediately that it was coming from Malcolm and she reached out for him.

In the waking world, Claire’s eyes opened and her arms wrapped around Malcolm. She was still unconscious, but was aware of Mal’s feelings, though she wasn’t aware of the kiss or the gun in his hand. After a moment, her body went limp and she pushed away from Malcolm and collapsed on to the pillow. There was blood drying on her face and she stared up at the ceiling through the pools of blackness that were her eyes.

In her mind, Claire was trying to pull herself upwards. It was hard for her to do, but right now, she wanted to be with Malcolm. She felt so cold and wanted to be warm in his arms. She struggled against the darkness and her vision started to clear. She could now see Malcolm sitting on the bed with the gun in his hand, and he was crying. Reaching out, Claire took his hand in hers and smiled a little as the voices in her mind stopped.

“I feel like shit,” Claire whispered and pain showed on her face as she spoke. Releasing his hand, Claire rolled to lean over the edge of the bed and vomited blood and bile onto the floor of the room. Once she was finished, she rolled back onto the pillow and stared at Mal, her eyes slowly returning to normal.

“Help me up Mal,” Claire winced in pain as she spoke. Her body was still on fire and she felt like she wanted to pass out. “I want to clean myself up a little.”

StormWolf
04-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Once Claire spoke, Malcolm was there by her side, holding her hand, letting her know he would never leave. He watched as she voimited, feeling so terribly useless. The Angles had yet to leave behind the power of Healing.

When Claire asked to be helped up, Malcolm did so tenderly, holding on to her gently in case her legs gave out or if she succumbed to another fit. Slowly Mal lead Claire to the bathroom,

"I thought I lost you..." he said softly to her, holding her close.

John
04-15-2010, 04:34 AM
Claire would have fallen if not for Malcolm holding her. As it was, she managed to direct herself over to the sink, he legs barely able to support her weight. The moment she arrived, her body lurched and she threw up. Grasping either side of the sink, Claire steadied herself and tuned on the tap.

Claire took the glass from the dies of the sink, filled it and then drank it down, using some of it to rinse her mouth out. She put the glass back and stared into the mirror. Claire looked like shit. She was pale and her eys were barely open. Her makeup was streaked down her face and her lipstick was now smeared.

“Bed Malcolm.” Claire’s voice sounded strained. “I need…to sleep.” Claire’s head was still pounding. It felt as if a road crew were using a jackhammer on her brain. Claire was exhausted, and truly hoped tomorrow would be a better day.

StormWolf
04-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Malcolm was next to Claire the entire time, holding her gently just incase she decided to take a tumble. His eyes filled with genuine sympathy and worry over her condition. He normally would have taken her to a hospitol, but this was not food poisoning or a flu. That was the most troubling part.

When Claire basically ordered Malcolm to walk her back to the bed, he dared not disobey and walked her back tenderly, gently rubbing her back. When they reached the bed, Malcolm tucked Claire in gingerly grabbing one of his shirts - it was what was closest - and dabbed her face of smeared makeup and sweat. Getting her relatively clean, he kissed her lovingly before grabbing the wastebasket from the bathroom and placing next to Claire's side of the bed, just incase she had the need to vomit in the middle of the night.

Once Claire slipped into a slumber, Malcolm poured himself a glass of wine and drank the fine red alone, watching the most precious thing to him in all the world slumber sickly. Once he finished his glass, Malcolm removed his undershirt and his slacks, hanging his clothes up neatly and tucking his beretta under his pillow before climbing under the covers next to Claire, wrapping a protective arm around her middle as his body mimicked hers in position, fitting the two together like puzzle pieces. With the flick of a switch, the room went dark and Malcolm allowed himself to sleep, the sweet, steady breathing of Claire his lullabye.

John
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Claire awoke and slowly slid out of Malcolm’s arms. It was morning and she wanted to let him sleep for a while yet. Not to mention that Claire felt and looked like shit. She made her way into the bathroom and showered. She felt revitalized as the water hit her skin. Once he had finished, she dressed in a pair of shorts and a tee shirt and tied her hair back. She felt better, and right now her thoughts were of finding out what Darius was up to. She only hoped she could focus on that enough to shut out this new side effect of her ability.

Claire quietly exited the bathroom and grabbed her laptop, the flash drive, and a pad of paper and pen. She sat down and took the time to write a note for Malcolm.

“Good morning my love;

I didn’t want to wake you. I’ve gone down to the restaurant for coffee and to do some work. Please come and join me once you are ready.

Love Claire XXX”

Exiting the room, being extra quiet not to wake Malcolm, Claire made her way to the elevator and headed to the hotel restaurant.

The restaurant wasn’t extremely crowded and Claire had no trouble finding a table. She ordered some fresh fruit and a triple espresso, before settling down in front of the laptop and getting to work. There was a lot to go through, and Claire hoped she could get it all sorted out before Malcolm arrived.

StormWolf
05-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Malcolm slept soundly throughout the night. He didn't even notice when Claire slipped out of his arms and left the room. Around twenty minutes later, though, his eyes opened slightly, only seeing an empty rest of the bed. The Chaplain's eyes shot open and he sat up rigid. Where was Claire?

Rising from bed, Mal pulled his beretta out from under his pillow and looked around the overly-spacious suite. Going back to the bed, Malcolm saw the note left for him. He chuckled and shook his head at his own paranoia. Mal stripped off his boxers and stepped into the shower, letting the warm water wash over his rippling muscles.

After a long, relaxing shower, Malcolm brushed his teeth and shaved with the provided cream and razor. By the time he was done, Malcolm had dripped dry mostly, finishing with a towel. Slipping in to a fresh shirt, workout pants, and a warm bathrobe, Malcolm went down to the restaraunt.

He grabbed himself a cup of tripple espresso and got himself a bowl of hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, and assorted meats and cheeses. The Chaplain spied Claire at a booth table and headed over. Mal planted a kiss atop her head before taking a seat.

"Feeling better this morning, dear?" he asked softly before taking a sip of his coffee and partaking in his breakfast. His blue eyes stared at the back of Claire's laptop. He knew what she was looking at, and it tickled his curiosity.

"Found anything on Count Dickula?" he inquired, throwing in some good old fashioned platoon humor to make as much light out of the situation he could.

John
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
“I’m feeling a lot better,” Claire smiled. “And yes, I found something.” Claire’s voice lowered as she leaned over the table to get a little closer to Mal. As she did, he pushed off her running shoe and placed her foot between Mal’s legs, grinding it gently into his crotch.

“It seems that company known as Wayline Chemicals has a shipment being delivered to a warehouse in four days.” Claire purred, giving Malcolm a playful grin as she continued to move her foot.

“Wayline Chemicals is an offshoot of a company called ViTel Pharmaceuticals.” Claire’s expression became a little more serious as she licked her lips, feeling Malcolm under her foot.

“ViTel actually caused problems for SCAR a few years back due to a viral outbreak which turned people into zombies. The incident was contained and ViTel was shut down, but a few of the people who got away created this new company. SCAR has been monitoring them closely, and until now, everything seemed to be on the up and up. If they are actually involved with Darius, we will be able to shut them down.” Claire leaned back to a more comfortable position, still moving her foot slowly.

“But the good news is we have four days before it arrives,” Claire’s voice sounded cheery as she took a sip of juice. “So we can check out the area ahead of time. And I would love to get some shopping in and maybe a nice trip to the beach. I also want to head over to see Esteban and get some tests run on myself.” Claire’s voice lowered again and her face had a slight look of concern on it. She still kept her foot firmly in place the whole time. This was mainly to hide her true feelings from Malcolm. The truth was, Claire was scared as hell at what was happening to her, but she didn’t want Mal to have anymore cause to worry.

StormWolf
06-09-2010, 06:12 PM
"Good, I'm gladd your feeling-" Malcolm started, but was cut off by a very warm and nimble foot grinding itself in his crotch. The Chaplain started at first, caught completely off guard. His knees bolted up and smacked into the table, making the plates and silverware jump up and crash down loudly.

"Lord have... Good God..." Malcolm sputtered and failed to create cognitive sentences as Claire worked him with her foot, which was quickly effecting Malcolm in the way she desired. He closed his eyes tight and cleared his throat in a gruff cough.

"ViTel... Four days... Stop Darius... Shopping... Got it..." Malcolm was at least able to organize his thoughts in a rag-tag line, it was enough to show that he understood what Claire was saying. Her foot was still going at it, and it would make leaving the café rather embarassing. The Chaplain's powerful hand gripped Claire by the ankle, lifting her foot out of range so he could actually think.

"So we have four days to kill. What would you like to do first? Should we hit the beach, malls, Vatican, or bedroom first?" Malcolm shot Claire a sly and far-from-priestly look with the final thing he suggested.

John
06-12-2010, 10:42 PM
“Ooh shopping,” Claire’s eyes lit up. “You know me too well,” Claire giggled and pressed her foot just a little harder before pulling it away and downing her juice.

“Your other idea sounds nice too,” Claire licked her lips. “But I kind of wanted to save that till later, at least till we’ve paid a visit to Esteban. It’s hard enough to keep from attacking you right now, and I just want to make sure everything’s okay first before I let my emotions take over.” Claire leaned in and kissed him before moving to his ear.

“And I promise,” Claire’s tongue moved over Mal’s earlobe. “I will make it worth your while.” Moving back on the bench, Claire grinned at Mal with the look of an expectant teenager with daddy’s credit card high on sugar.

“So when can we go?” Claire giggled. “I ant to spend exorbitant amounts of money on clothes I don’t need.” Claire titled her head to the side eying Mal.

“And maybe we will get you something nice too.”