PDA

View Full Version : SCAR: Proserpine's Pendant(M)(IC) Security of Mem and nazguljcg

John
01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Jasmine sat on the bench in the arrivals terminal of LAX. She had been informed that she was being sent a partner for her mission. This was not something she was used to. Jasmine liked to work alone. Partners could get in the way. But she had been given orders and like a good little soldier, she would follow them.

Jasmine had taken the time to read up on Lyrico, and she didn’t like what she read. Lyrico, for lack of a better word, was insane. But the higher ups thought he could serve some purpose here. Apparently his performance in his most recent mission, which ended one week ago, had been noted and now he was going to be sent out into the world.

All Jasmine could do now was wait.

Security of Mem
01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Lyrico sat fiddling on the plane. It wasn't that the people here bothered him or anything, but most of them were brokers or bankers. Lawyers. Behind the curtains was what they labeled coach. But somehow he didn't see yet the difference. The seats were to close to the man sitting next to you and the noise of people talking was annoying. Behind the curtain Lyrico could almost see the light. Babies screaming, snoring men, and other odd boring mundane lifestyles of people. Then again sitting at an office desk with a whole bunch of numbers and saving a murder's life sounded just as mundane.

"Lyrico's log, plane ride is slow and boring," Lyrico mumbled into his wrist.
The man sitting next to him edged himself to face Lyrico. Why was this man staring at him? Did he have something on his face? Food? Maybe he had pen on his face. Why didn't he check his face before the flight?
"You like Star Trek, me too big Trekkie...trying to get my kids in the Trek wars hahahaha," the man said, "Names Daniel by the way."
"Hello...Daniel," Lyrico said the way Lyrico spoke was if he was questioning if hello was an appropriate greeting and a somewhat awkward socializer.
"Don't like flying?" Daniel asked.
"No fine, till lawyers start talking to me," Lyrico said.
"Oh yeah I'm not a lawyer, my boss is allowing me to make a grand breaking deal with these people," Daniel said, "See I'm a merchandise franchise manager."
"Or even a merchandise franchise manager....it's like they have to dress up....man who meets with people about their store with salad dressing," Lyrico said, "What kind of salad dressing are you?"

Somehow the conversation Lyrico was trying to start up ended the conversation. Lyrico wasn't sure how anyone could get offended by a good old salad dressing joke. He took a moment to breathe and he finally heard that they would be landing. Wussy SCAR drafted him for a job. He was to meet a partner and then details were suppose to go flying. He hadn't yet understood the buzz of planes or coach. But it didn't matter to him much. He was living in the world. At least he was in the world. But then again he went back to little inkle thoughts of what it would have been like eighty and still in a mental ward. He stared at Daniel.
"Sorry there Daniel, ever been in a ward?" Lyrico asked.
"What kind?" Daniel asked as he was grabbing his bags.
"A mental one," Lyrico said.
"Like a mental institution?" Daniel asked.
"So that's what they are calling it these days," Lyrico said.
"No I say I have never been," Daniel said.
"I did, I have...I had to watch reruns and marathons of Star Trek...just cause the nurses loved it so," Lyrico said, "Came to me hating and loving the show all at the same time. Then they tortured us with X Files, but I have no clever references or jokes about X Files."

Somehow that bit of the conversation had Daniel running. Lyrico didn't understand these conventional conversation laws and rules. He thanked the stewardess and walked out of the plane and into the airport.

John
01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Jasmine watched the gate as the passengers disembarked. Although she had read Lyrico’s file, she was a little apprehensive at the fact that it did not include a picture. When she asked about this, she had been told to look for a short man who resembled a teenager. And that he was a tad creepy.

Continuing to watch the passengers, she saw Lyrico. He was short, and while he did have the look of a teenager, Jasmine did not think he was creepy. In fact, Jasmine actually thought he was somewhat attractive. There was something in his eyes that was drawing her in. Getting up form the bench, Jasmine walked over and waited for him to clear the gate. Once he had done so, she approached him.

“Lyrico I presume. My name is Jasmine Knight. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” It wasn’t really. Although she was smiling, Jasmine liked to work alone and thoughts of the hundreds of ways things could go wrong started to flash in her mind.

Security of Mem
01-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Lyrico realized the girl was something he wasn't expecting. Or maybe he was expecting it. He stared at her for a moment.
"Tight suit," Lyrico said, "I'm sure the pants gets tight and wedged up the ass."
Lyrico of course was trying to make conversation here. Something he had been proven wasn't his strongest topic. He wasn't trying to insult he really was trying this friendly sorta off handled casual talk. He was proven well that this was something he couldn't do.

"And how are you sure I'm Lyrico?" he asked, "You know maybe a skinwalker was in the air port and took my skin and wore it."

John
01-26-2010, 07:29 AM
“Well then maybe I should put a bullet in your head. Just to be sure. Jasmine smiled and placed a hand inside her jacket. The hand came out holding her cell phone. Dialling a number, she spoke into the phone.

“He’s here. Bring the car around.” Jasmine smiled at Lyrico again. She wasn’t offended by the comment about her clothing. In fact, considering some of the things she had heard while living in LA, she considered it quite tame.

“A limo will be arriving in a few minutes to take us to the hotel. I will bring you up to speed en route” She paused for a moment, looking over Lyrico curiously.

“I don’t suppose you own a tuxedo by chance?”