PDA

View Full Version : [M] The House Of Eventide [OOC]

Copacetic_One
01-25-2010, 09:14 AM
[Rated M for excessive violence, excessive profanity, excessive nudity, excessive drug use...pretty much excessive everything.]

The virus has run, unnoticed by most, for centuries upon centuries. The only ones who know of it are part of the small percentage of the population that it affects, turning them into vampires with superhuman strength, agility, and senses. These powers come with a downside though, such as super sensitivity to light and the physical need to consume human blood. Of these vampires, only a scattered few become something more, their genetic makeup, instead of coexisting with the virus, such as in humans, or working with it, such as in regular vampires, bond with it, allowing them to unleash fearsome powers. In the modern world, a foul few of these monsters are the ones responsible for most of the unexplainable phenomena and unsolved violent crimes. There are some, however, whose wish it is to see these evil beasts destroyed...

Mist curls along the cobblestones as the arc sodium lights glint off of puddles left by the recent rain. All is calm in London...mostly. Down a well hidden street, in one of the historic sections of the city, it waits. Taking up four city blocks and being seven stories tall, it's monolithic stone walls dwarf the nearby buildings. The only things breaking the monotony of their rough gray surfaces are a couple of small stained-glass windows and a giant oak door. On the door is a plaque that reads: "Canebrake Logistics and Private Security". There's another, truer name for this place...

The House Of Eventide

This gargantuan mansion/castle is home and headquarters to The Eventide, a clan of vampires dedicated to protecting their food supply, aka humans, from the hordes of evil. They have been in existence for as long as there has been a virus, establishing a vast network of contacts and splinter cells in countries across the globe.

Our story begins on the night of The Gathering, a ritual held every hundred years in which isolated vampires unknowing of what they are are kidnapped and brought to The Estate and given a chance to learn what the virus has done to them and are invited to join The Eventide.

The Rules
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This list isn't all inclusive, just use your common sense.)

1. I am the GM. What I say goes.

2. There is only one power per vamp. No gamebreaking powers.

3. You can have up to two characters (not including NPC's) and they can be previously established members of Eventide, newly turned initiates, humans, whatever. The only thing I ask is that you PM me for approval if you want to be anything except a vamp.

4. No Twilight "vampires" i.e. no Cthulhu-damned Edward Cullen and no fucking sparkling.

5. No godmodding, speedposting, or being a general douche.

6. PM your character to me with the title "bloodsuckers" so I know you've read the rules.

Misc. Facts

This is a section for various facts that I forgot to add or I felt needed to be emphasized.

1. This RP is set in the present.
2. When vampires come into contact they don't automatically explode. They can last a maximum of ten minutes in direct sunlight and that gives them severe third degree burns.
3. Vampires can not survive off of animal blood. It will slate their thirst but a vampires bloodlust will eventually take over and they will feed.
4. RP's are for fun. So have some.

The Estate

Having existed for longer than anyone can remember, the mansion has been rebuilt and modified by The Eventide countless times since its creation, resulting in a labyrinthine maze of hallways, secret passages and hidden rooms. Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like:

http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~hart205/Cathedrals/Interior/int.aisle.gif

http://www.umich.edu/~mcaa/photos/hallway.jpg

http://www.brp.ch/fr/galerie16.jpg

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/en_easyart/lg/3/0/The-Grand-Staircase-of-the-Opera-Garnier-1860-Charles-Garnier-303794.jpg

http://www.bloggersbase.com/images/uploaded/original/fe6b446b50acd4f1a443c81b05a2701eb57e2c3a.jpeg

http://themedgardening.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/gothic-church-garden.jpg

Character Skeleton

Name:

Age:(if vampire, what age they appear and their actual age)

Appearance:

Power:(only available to vampires)

Skills:(any other special skills or talents)

Job:(i.e. Research & Development, Doctor, Initiate Exemplar(teacher/guide for initiates), etc. or Initiate if you are one and are not sure yet)

Weapons:

Personality:

Biography:

Room Appearance:(If you become a part of The Eventide, your going to need your own room in The Estate. What will yours look like when it's finally decorated?)

The Characters

Vladimir Volkov - Current Leader of The Eventide (Copacetic_One)

Name:Vladimir Volkov

Age:He appears to be in his early thirties but is actually over six hundred years old.

Appearance:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/LelandGaunt19/RPA%20stuff/vampire-boredtodeath.jpg

Power:(only available to vampires) Telepathy

Skills:(any other special skills or talents) Extremely adept at swordplay and an accomplished violinist.

Job: Leader of The Eventide

Weapons: He wears his rapier, Courroux, in a sheath on his belt.

http://truetigerempire.com/catalog/images/46BK500.jpg

Personality: Usually serious and reserved, Vlad is a cold, calculating intellectual who has a hard time letting his guard down.

Biography: Vlad doesn't like to talk about his past, so not much is known except that he was one of the founding members of The Eventide and that he took over as leader after the previous one died in battle. He carries with him a mysterious locket that wears around his neck, under his clothing. If questioned about it, he becomes very defensive.

Room Appearance: Vlad's room is the one place he can go to relax and be alone. It resembles a Victorian study with shelves of books lining the walls and rich crimson rugs. A large mahagony desk sits directly across from the door. Next to the desk is an old fashioned model globe and the practice space for his violin. On the left of the desk is a cot on which he sleeps and on the right is a fireplace. Other than that, the room is uncluttered, with high ceilings and no windows. It's on the seventh floor.

Ezekiel "Exodus" Grey - an initiate (Copacetic_One)

Name: Ezekiel "Exodus" Grey

Age:(if vampire, what age they appear and their actual age) He appears to be in his mid-twenties but is actually 240.

Appearance: Exodus is 6'2" with a lean, muscular build. His hair is shaggy and silver colored and he has bright blue eyes. There is a tattoo adorning his left shoulder that looks something like this. (http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/LelandGaunt19/RPA%20stuff/ExodusTat.jpg) He's usually found in tight black t-shirts and jeans with black boots.

Power:(only available to vampires) The ability to change his body into any type of matter.

Skills:(any other special skills or talents)Is a talented guitarist, keeps his acoustic guitar, Anastasia (http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/4/9/274349.jpg), with him whenever he can.

Job: Initiate

Weapons: two Beretta pistols tucked into shoulder holsters.

Personality: to put it simply, Exodus is insane. Always energetic and immodest, if you're not used to him he's quite startling when you first meet him. He is fiercely loyal to his friends, willing to even lay down his life for them.

Biography: Exodus was born in 1770 to a poor farmer and his wife in colonial America. His father was killed in the Revolutionary War, leaving a seven year old Exodus fatherless. His mother was able to find a wealthy family further west who needed a maid and they moved from their family farm. Years later, Exodus learned that his father had been a war hero, taking control of a platoon after its lieutenant went AWOL and destroying multiple loyalist camps before being gunned down. From the day Exodus learned this, he swore to be a good man, just like his father.

Years later, after the war, he was living in New York with his mother when one day she was stabbed to death by a startled burglar. Before the man was able to escape, Exodus came home, found his mother dead and bludgeoned the man to death with a table chair. He bolted from the house covered in both his mother's and the thief's blood. Devastated by the loss of his mother, but wanted for murder, Exodus escaped to Europe where he became a vagrant, moving from town to town and country to country.

Things were neither good nor bad, well, not until London. He remembers that it was a day in 1792. He remembers stealing a loaf of bread from a baker and ducking down a back alley to escape the pursuing guards. After that, nothing, until the room. He was chained to a wall and his neck was burning as if someone were branding him. The woman who had kidnapped him was a vampire. She turned him and kept him chained up in that room for years, never letting Exodus see her face. She taught him about what he had become and he told her of his life and somehow, over the years, he fell in love with her. The prisoner fell madly in love with his jailor. When he told her of this love, she became deathly quiet and the next day, when he woke up, he was unchained and the door was open. A note lay on the floor next to him.

E,

You're free.
Do not look for me.
I am sorry.

S

He looked for her for years, but found nothing. He would have torn the world apart for her. It shattered his heart and part of his mind to give up on the search. He reverted back to his vagabond ways, until his kidnapping.

Room Appearance: Exodus' room reflects his personality perfectly. There is miscellaneous junk strewn all over the room. On the right side of the room a beautiful and comfortable sofa, that acts as Exodus' bed, is attached to the wall three feet above the floor. There is a balcony directly across from the door looking out over the streets of London. On the left side of the room is a desk covered in various books and papers. Next to it, a giant stuffed bear is hanging from the ceiling from a noose around his neck. A collection of Joker cards are glued to the space just above the desk. At night the folding doors to the balcony open and the moon glistens off of the marble floor. During the day, the doors are closed and reinforced by a hidden steel door that slides in front of them. Exodus' room is on the 7th floor.

Mysteria
02-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Don't forget that you can put your game in The Roleplay Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) if you haven't
already done so.

Also, if you are still in need of players don't forget that you can submit your rp to be show cased as Rp Of The Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

Bia
03-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Heyy 2 things I must say.

1. I looked at the one Picture quiz or whatever you did in the getting to know you thingie and I just have to say, love the Postal Service and...is that Regina Spektor? Under your celebrity crushes? Cause if it is...I just might love you :)

2. This looks cool and I am joining

Metalrosethorn
03-13-2010, 06:32 AM
(This looks interesting, may I join, I'm new, and am pretty curious about the flow of things, so I'm kinda unsure what to do)

Bia
03-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey Metal,
I'm sure you can join, the only thing is idk where the GM is. I pm-ed him my bio and everything, but I think he might've given up on this rp or something...cause he hasn't responded to anything...

On a side note, if you are okay with playing a guy character, my rp needs one more character before we can start, the link is in my signature if you want to check it out :D

Metalrosethorn
03-14-2010, 03:52 AM
(Oh Thank you so much, Tornado, I'm having trouble finding a roleplay, and not sounding stupid when I come in, because I remotely have no idea what I'm doing. I might wander around a bit, but thank you so much for helping me :D)

Bia
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey it is really no problem, this place can be confusing at first. And I love helping out newbies, so don't worry about it, and feel free to ask me anything :)