PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Sideways IC - DB Wolf and miss devil

DB.
01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
The room surrounding Dante was dim, lighted by a few candles. Five people and five animals stood surrounding him, each of the humans with their hands towards Dante, supplying him energy.

One of the men -his father- stepped forward -holding out a bird- and said, "Take the body of this raven, give it life, and bond it to you."

Dante took the raven in his hands. He closed his eyes, feeling around in his mind. There were various spirits in the room but Dante felt a connection to one of them in particular. He reached out -with the energy from the others- and grabbed the spirit. Using the energy the others were supplying him, he binded the spirit with the body of the raven.

Opening his eyes he grabbed a small dagger next to him. Hesitating, he made a small slit along the side of his finger. He lifted it up to the birds head and smeared a small amount on it -infusing it with magic- and stood up. The bird stood up, flew up into the air, and landed on Dante's shoulder. Dante looked at his father and said, "It's done, father." The lights turned on in the room and the candles quickly put out. Dante's father stepped forward and put his hand on Dante's shoulder. "Congratulations, so, what kind of spirit is it," he asked smiling.

Dante looked at the raven on his shoulder, "I think it's a shadow spirit." His dad also looked at the raven and chuckled "Ah, you don't see many of those around, do you?"

"Father, I have a question. Why, do these spirits come during the ritual?”

Dante's father stopped smiling, “Well, they want to be bonded to a human. Why? I don't know.”

“And that's why they stay with us.”

Dante's father began walking towards the exit with is hands behind his back. “Yeah, but enough. We'll need to start training immediately. Follow me.”

Miss Devil
01-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Kelly sighed as her mother brushed her hair back gently. The sky like fabric touched her skin and gave her an unearthly appereance. Her blonde and crystal blue eyes looked up at her mother waiting to be told what was about to happen.

"Come on Kel. We are going to be late for the summons." Her brother told her. He was rushing for no reason though, she thought to herself getting up and walking up out of her room.

She slipped up the hood to her cap that protected her with both magic and clothe from the freezing cold. She smiled grateful walking into the snow strom and towards the car.

Once she was in safely two strangers and her mother climb in.

Her mother was wearing all white that represented both her status and her schooling of the light. Both mother, father and brother where light users and it was expected for her to be on two.

The car drove deep within the forest to where father and one other person would be awaiting. Finally after several minutes of silence the car stopped and everyone got out.

There was fire light up in the center of a cleared area of forest. A magic sheild was around the area to protect them. A snow white owl stood next to mother. A polar bear next to father. The other three people had strange animals but all represented light well.

"My daughter, Zoenna, has been graced with the
power of magic. She plans to use it with honor and strength of the Machiavelli clan. It gives me honor to present you with your familiar." Mother spoke the words with pride burning brightly in her eyes.

A Snow White tiger walked towards Kelly. His teeth showed slightly but Kelly showed no fear as she held out her hand to the tiger.

The tiger gently bit into her wrist and she smeared the blood all over the tiger's face.

"Welcome to the light my child." Father said as the tiger watch protectively.

"We start training tomorrow!" Mother told her.