PDA

View Full Version : The Dreamscape(M)(IC)Mysteria and nazguljcg

John
01-28-2010, 03:50 AM
John thought it must be how angels sound. The Rimshot was one of the more popular jazz lounges in Los Angeles. It was Friday night and the place was wall to wall with people. John was shaking a martini behind the bar as some of the female patrons eyed him in his tuxedo shirt and dress pants. As he served the drinks tonight, his attention was not on the customers, but the songstress who graced the stage. He couldn’t deny that she was beautiful as she belted out “Unforgettable”. The notes left her lips and floated into his ears, soothing him and sending chills up his spine. John thought it must be how angels sound.

She continued to sing and John continued to watch as she gracefully moved in time to the music. He couldn’t help feeling mesmerized and hoped that the song would never end. Even though it wasn’t his particular brand of music, John was developing a whole new level of appreciation.

The song stopped and the crowd, along with John started to applaud. He clapped his hands together quickly, but started to slow down when he realized, despite the echoing sound of applause, that he was the only one actually clapping. The other patrons in the lounge had stopped moving and appeared to be frozen in time. As he stopped clapping, John passed a hand in front of the eyes of the patron closest to him with no response. He looked closely and it appeared that the patron wasn’t even breathing. Everyone but John had just stopped.

Looking up at the stage, he realized he wasn’t the only one who still showed signs of life. The nightingale was looking around and appeared to be as confused as he. Jumping over the bar, John walked to the front of the stage. He looked up at the songstress and, not knowing what else to say, said the first thing which popped into his head.

“What is going on?”

Mysteria
01-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Keira Riley had taken a part time gig working at The Rimshot for extra cash in between her regular job as a photographer. Even without the fact that the extra cash came in handy the truth was Keira just loved to sing.

Tonight was like most others. She had taken the stage in her trademark black gown (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod92710013&eItemId=prod92710013&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=&icid=&rte=%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Dblac k%252Bevening%252Bgown%2526_requestid%253D42779) her long red hair flowing from the breeze of the overhead fans and held the crowd captive with her rendition of Fever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_TqTEU9qg). She loved to work the audience by going off the stage and down onto the floor area leaning close to the gentlemen patrons ears as she sang with her husky voice. “Fever, you give me fever, fever all through the night.” As the music faded she made her way back up to the stage and the band began her last number for the night. She always closed the show with the same song. Unforgettable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjA1HDuDDv4) rang out across the silent room holding the audience captive with a voice smooth as silk.

When the song had ended the normal round of applause roared through the Rimshot as Keira took her bow but when she looked out over the room she began to realize that the applause was anything but normal. Every patron below the stage seemed to be frozen in time. A look of utter total confusion spread across Keira’s face and she thought she must be imagining things until she saw one person moving towards her. It was the bartender. She had often admired him from afar but really had never had much of a chance to speak to him other than maybe the few times she had ever had a drink before leaving the club after her shows. The only thing she knew about him was that his name was John. “What is going on?” John asked.

Keira looked at him slowly shaking her head as she stepped down from the stage. “I have no damned clue what’s going on.” she said as she poked her finger against one of the frozen figures in front of her. Although they still felt warm she obtained no reaction from her action. She turned to John with a puzzled look on her face.

“Is this real? I…what is happening here? ”

John
01-28-2010, 05:35 AM
“Honestly, I have no idea.” John’s face was as puzzled as Keira’s. “I do know one thing though, I think we should get out of here.” As if cued by John’s words the applause ceased and the people in the club vanished. For a moment John was deafened by the silence and he realized that Keira was still with him.

John took a moment to look around and he noticed something quite curious. The clock on the wall was ticking backwards. He started to wonder if maybe he was having a flashback from doing too much acid in the eighties. Reaching out, he touched a chair to make sure it was actually there and sighed. Looking to the door he felt a little nervous as he noticed that it appeared to be shimmering.

“Listen, I don’t know about you. But I really think we should get out of here.” John was trying not to sound nervous, though it wasn’t working out too well for him. And the fact that he was repeating himself wasn’t helping.

“I’m going to head to the locker room and get changed. Perhaps you should do the same.” John was happy for one thing right now. At least he was getting a chance to talk to Keira. He had served her drinks on more than one occasion, and was wishing he had actually had the guts to talk to her then instead of now under such strange circumstances.

“Oh and for what it’s worth now, I thought you were amazing tonight.” John smiled as he spoke the words, but his voice was full of worry.

Mysteria
01-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Keira was nodding her head in agreement to every word John was saying when suddenly the room got deathly quiet and everyone disappeared. As if things couldn't have gotten any freakier the doors and walls started to appear to literally be melting.

“Listen, I don’t know about you. But I really think we should get out of here.”

When he mentioned going to the locker room to change Keira looked down and realized that whatever was going on or whatever it was that was about to happen, she definitely was not dressed for the situation. "Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea to me too." It seemed odd to Keira that after having worked at the club for several weeks now the one time she had a chance to speak to John had to be under such strange circumstances.

Keira held on tightly to the back of a chair as they stood. The room around her seemed to be having a fun house effect on her and she could no longer tell if any of this was real. She was beginning to think that someone had slipped a drug into the water glass that had been sitting on top of the piano but the only person that could have done that was standing right in front of her. Keira shook herself. No, it couldn't have been John. Could have it? Was he acting like everything was weird to him too but all the while being perfectly ok? Keira took a deep breath. Until she could sort this all out she would just have to trust him.

“Oh and for what it’s worth now, I thought you were amazing tonight.” If Johns voice was any indication of his innocence, then Keira felt certain she should believe he was being affected by the situation as much as she was. He appeared to be genuinely shaken. Keira smiled a genuine smile at him as a slight blush krept into her cheeks. "That's very kind of you to say, thank you. You're correct though, we should change. I'll meet you outside of my dressing room in a few moments okay?"

Keira made her way to her dressing room bracing herself against the walls as she walked. She still felt like she had been drugged or had drank to many drinks even though she hadn't had a drink in days. Once inside of her dressing room she changed quickly into a pair of black jeans and a teal colored sweater. Pulling on her favorite leather boots she grabbed her long drover coat but didn't put it on. It was Autumn outside but it hadn't been that cold earlier in the day. Keira would wait until she got outside to see if the coat would be needed or not.

Keira started to lean her shoulder against the wall as she waited on John to emerge from the locker room behind her but quickly pulled away from it. What in the hell is going on? Keira thought out loud to herself as the wall suddenly felt very warm against her skin.

John
01-28-2010, 07:19 AM
John walked into the locker room and had to blink at what he saw. The lockers were gone and his clothes were floating in the air where his locker should have been. The room started to spin beneath his feet and it was at this moment that John started to feel dizzy. Running over to the sink, he heaved and then threw up. As he hung his head over the sink, the feeling in his stomach started to disappear and he felt a little better.

John turned on the tap and watched as the water started to run upwards ot the ceiling and seemed to disappear into thin air. Leaning his mouth over the stream. He rinsed out his mouth and moved to where his clothes were hanging. He quickly changed into his black jeans and tee shirt, putting his leather jacket over top. Placing a piece of gum in his mouth, John put on his running shoes and made his way over to the door to find it gone.

John felt panic start to rise. He looked around and noticed that the door had now moved to another part of the room, though it wasn’t set into the wall. Instead it was a couple of feet away, standing freely. Moving over to the door, John opened it and stepped through.

He arrived in the hallway and could see Keira leaning against the wall. Walking up to her he placed a hand on her shoulder.

“I really want to get out of here. Now.” John’s voice had stopped wavering but he had a look of desperation on his face. Walking with Keira, the two made their way back into the lounge and headed towards the door. John stared at it as it shimmered. Reaching for the knob, he quickly jerked his hand back as it passed through the door and he felt something pull at him. His hand was cold and felt like ice, but it looked the same as it did before.

“You know Keira. Suddenly, I’m not so sure about this.” John was starting to feel like he was losing his grip on reality. He didn’t know what to do or what lay beyond the door. He silently hoped that Keira could offer some words of wisdom.

Mysteria
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
“You know Keira. Suddenly, I’m not so sure about this.”

Keira wasn't exactly certain what to say as she herself wasn't so sure about anything at this point. "I know John, but we can't stay here. We have to try to figure out what is going on. Although everything seems to be downright strange neither one of us has been hurt yet or anything so I guess the best thing for us to do is just keep moving until we can make some sort of sense out of all of this."

Keira grabbed the handle to the door and was astonished at how cold it felt. When her hand also went through the door it filled her with a moment of fear. She would never have considered herself to be a brave person but it really didn't seem like they had any kind of choice. Turning to John and taking his hand she said "I think we have no choice but to go through." Still holding Johns hand Keira turned back towards the door and stuck her hand through. It felt like she was being sucked through the door way and within a minute both her and John were through the door and standing in what appeared to be a abandoned city covered in white.

Turning to John she muttered the words "I don't think we are in L.A anymore John. Hell at this point, I'm not even sure I'm not dreaming." Keira dropped Johns hand and pinched herself. "Ouch" Well that settled that, either she was dreaming and could still feel things or she wasn't dreaming. She almost wished she was. Taking a step forward she felt as though she was losing her footing on ice but there was no ice to be found as she grabbed hold of John to steady herself. Realizing that she was holding onto him she blushed slightly and left go. Tapping her foot out in front of her again the surface no longer felt icy but it was still cold. Keiara slid her coat on for warmth.

John
01-29-2010, 07:15 AM
John looked around at the buildings. The whole scene was a little surreal and made him feel uneasy. There were no signs of life and the street they were standing on seemed to stretch without end. There was a blanket of snow that covered everything, and John felt a need to do up his jacket. The air was crisp and it felt like New York in January. But that wasn’t what John found disconcerting. It was that some of the buildings appeared to be upside down. Straining his eyes, John could see what appeared to be doors at the top, while at the bottom was only the outline of windows.

"I don't think we are in L.A anymore John. Hell at this point, I'm not even sure I'm not dreaming." Keira then pinched herself in an attempt to confirm it was in fact a dream.

“If this is L.A., then I think I want to move.” John smiled lightly as he attempted to make a joke in an effort to lighten the mood. Everything was so strange, and not knowing where they were was a little disconcerting for him. “I don’t know where we are, but I think we should try to get indoors.” John took Keira’s hand and stated heading the direction of what appeared to be a small diner which was standing right side up. At least he thought it was a diner. The way the snow covered it, it really was hard to tell. The two walked to the door, and John turned the handle. He instinctively brought his arm up as if to shield Keira and move her back a little, in case anything came rushing out.

The door opened slowly and John looked in to see the inside of a typical diner. At least it would have been if not for the fact that everything in side was white. It wasn’t snow, it was as if someone had painted every surface in the diner white. The only sign of life in the entire place was something which John felt was quite odd. Standing in the middle of the diner was a white horse. The whole scene actually caused John to laugh nervously.

“I think we need ot go in and have a look around.” John’s voice was calm and he looked directly into Keira’s eyes, which he thought were quite beautiful. “Maybe we can find something useful. Or a door that leads out of this place.” John was actually forcing himself to stay calm. In reality, he was really nervous.

Mysteria
01-29-2010, 06:22 PM
When John opened the door to the diner Keira couldn't believe her eyes. The most magnificent white horse she had ever seen was standing inside.

“I think we need ot go in and have a look around.” Johns gaze was focused on Keiras eyes and feeling a bit uncomfortable she moved around him to enter the premises. “Maybe we can find something useful. Or a door that leads out of this place.” Keira nodded slowly as she approached the horse with caution. "You may be right." she said as she reached a hand out to the horse. It reacted by nuzzling against her hand. At least it seemed normal and friendly enough which was a small comfort considering everything that was happening around them. She thought it odd that the horse was already fitted with a double saddle blanket and saddle bags one of which was filled with feed.

"Isn't it rather strange this horse is already saddled up and has a bag full of feed?" Keira mused out loud as she started checking the contents of the other saddle bag. Strangely enough it was filled with provisions consisting of jerky, dry goods and bottles of water. "And look here, this one is full to. It's almost like someone knew we were coming and prepared things for us." As if it couldn't get any stranger the electric clock on the wall began to chime although it shouldn't have been chiming. The clock drew Keiras attention behind the counter and sitting on the floor behind the counter was a duffel bag. When Keira looked inside she began pulling out items. "Tent, sleeping bags, matches, axe, knives, a pistol, ammo, and some sort of odd looking spheres that lit up when Keira pushed a small button on it." There were several in the bag.

Just as Keira was stepping from behind the counter the walls began to look like they were melting and forest scenes began to appear upon the walls. The horse began getting restless. Keira had always heard that animals could sense things that humans couldn't and the fact was that Keira wasn't comfortable here anymore either.

"I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth John" Keira said looking at John and noticing for the first time how blue his eyes actually were as she continued "I don't know if it's womans intuition or what but my gut is telling me maybe we should get on this horse and ride out of here the hell of it is, I can't figure out why."

Keira had no trouble mounting the horse as she had been around horses for most of her teenage years. Even without stirrups, she got on the horse with ease. Extending a hand down to John she said "Well cowboy, you walking or riding?"

John
01-30-2010, 06:33 PM
John watched as Keira took charge of the situation and went through all the bags and such. He was actually very impressed with Keira. She didn’t seem scared and was determined to find out what was going on. John actually fond this quite sexy. John did agree that it was strange that the horse was there along with the feed. But John still couldn’t’ believe that any of this was real. He actually hoped that none of it was real except for Keira.

"And look here, this one is full to. It's almost like someone knew we were coming and prepared things for us." Keira spoke and it was at that moment that the clock on the wall started to chime. John looked up at it and noted the time. Three thirty three. For some reason he thought it was worth noting. But it was more like something he form a memory. Though what it was escaped him at the moment.

Picking up the duffel bag, he laughed at the joke which Keira had made. He realized he was starting to feel more comfortable around her and was hoping they would find a way out of this as quickly as possible. Taking Keira’s hand he swung himself up onto the horse. It bothered him for a moment that he had to ride bitch and he wished for a motorcycle. But his feelings changed when the horse started to run, and he had to wrap his arms around her waist to hang on. Her silky hair was blown back into his face, and he inhaled deeply, lost for a moment in the heavenly scent.

The horse galloped down the path. Light shone through the trees though it had a red hue to it. As the horse continued, eventually the forest gave way and opened onto a plain. The wind was blowing and the grass, which was purple, moved back and forth. swaying in the wind. As they continued to ride, John looked over his shoulder, expecting to see the trees disappearing in the distance. What was there surprised him and he leaned over so he could grab the reins. Pulling back hard, the horse came to a halt.

“Keira, I think you should see this.” John dismounted the horse and looked back in the direction they came from. The forest had disappeared, along with everything else for that matter. There was no sky, nothing. Just a great wall of white which stretched off in either direction as far as the eye could see. What’s more, it appeared to be moving towards them.

“What do you think?” John didn’t look at Keira. His attention was focused on the white. “Personally I think we should check this out.”

Mysteria
01-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Keira could feel Johns nervousness as he sat behind her on the horse. He didnt seem to be able to tell just how nervous she was herself and Keira thought it best to try to conceal it as well as she possibly could. When the horse took off at a full gallop John wrapped his arms around her waist holding her tightly and Keira found herself not minding the feeling what so ever. It almost seemed comforting to have something normal in a suddenly not so normal world.

They galloped through a beautiful forest that was oddly enough tinted in red hues and when they reached the end of it they were in an open field. When John abruptly stopped the horse Keira had no idea what was going on but when John spoke and she looked behind her she instantly knew what the problem was. Keira agreed that they should check it out but was hesitant to dismount the horse in case they needed to get away but as John slid off of the horse Keira followed suite but held on tightly to the reigns as they walked slowly towards the approaching wall.

Right as they got the the wall it seemed to slow but continued moving slightly. Keira looked at the wall then back to John uncertain of what to do next. "I don't know John, but it almost seems like the wall is following us..." Keira looked around for a door holding the horses reigns in one hand and absent mindlessly taking Johns hand in the other as she looked at the wall.

John
02-01-2010, 03:27 AM
“I would have to agree with you.” John smiled as he felt Keira’s hand in his. Her skin was soft and warm to the touch.

Reaching out, John placed his hand on the wall. It was solid and the touch created a rippling effect which ran down the wall and disappeared into the distance. John pulled his hand away and turned to Keira. He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the sound of a gong crashing. It echoed and reverberated through the area. Turning back to the wall, john saw it ripple again. This time, the ripples were moving faster. They disappeared into the distance and then the gong crashed again. The ripples started again, moving faster. John turned to Keira and tried to stay as calm as possible.

“I think it’s time to go.” John’s expression was calm but his voice was wavering slightly. This served to agitate him further as he was now becoming worried that Keira would think he was a wimp. She was staying calm and controlled, while John was scared out of his mind.

John didn’t wait for an answer, instead he picked up Keira and put her on the horse. John picked up the bag as the gong sounded again, and he jumped on the horse as well. The horse galloped off and John looked back to see the wall giving chase. The gong sounded again and as looked down the wall, John noticed it seemed to be bending at the ends. The gong continued to sound. The chimes coming in rapid succession. One right on top of the other. The wall close around them and everything turned white. For a moment john was blinded by the light which emanated seemingly form nowhere.

After a moment the light was gone, as well as the horse. John still had the duffel bag, but he and Keira were no longer in the forest. Instead John felt a sense of familiarity from their current surroundings. It was something he had seen in a movie before. The endless stretch of white covered in spots of darkness. A vas sea of holes stretched out before them.

“Yep, definitely not LA.” John laughed a little and mad sure that he had Keira’s hand firmly in his. He didn’t squeeze it hard. He just wanted ot hold it. Somehow it seemed to make things better.

Mysteria
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Keira walked towards the wall and when John touched it and the gongs began making noise Keira had gotten an unearthly vibe from them. Noticing at just about the same time as he that the walls were closing in on them she had to agree. It was time to get the hell out of of Dodge and when John lifted her on the horse without thinking twice she hadn't even objected. Things were creepy here and she didn't like it one damn bit.

They had been galloping away as fast as they could but when that horse disappeared from right underneath them Keira really began to worry. Instead of being thrown to the ground it was like someone had stood them both on the ground and John was right there with her, her hand in his as they both looked around bewildered.

Stretching out in front of them looked like a room made of pure white swiss cheese with dark spots that Keira was afraid to even get close to for fear of falling in and never finding her way back out. Holding on to John's hand Keira tapped her toe against one of the spots only to see the top of her shoe disappearing. Pulling her foot back quickly she looked at John and as she shook her head said "I don't know about you but I think we'd better stay clear of these holes and try to get to some place solid." Keira squeezed Johns hand slightly and tried to smile "That is, if there is any place solid to be found." Keira didn't want to alarm John but the truth was with each passing moment of oddities that were being thrown at them, Keira was becoming more frightened although she struggled desperately to remain calm.

Without even realizing Keira began humming as she guided John step by step around the holes carefully. The floor began to shift shapes as she hummed and she stopped. When she stopped humming the floor quit moving. Testing this observation out Keira began humming again and once again the floor moved almost if in a gentle sway. The floor seemed to be moving to her voice. When Keira broke out into a chorus of Dreamweaver and got to the part "Fly me away to some starry skies, maybe to an astroplane" things began to get even weirder as the floor became once again solid but looked a perfectly polished piece of glass and the sky grew dark and was filled with a million stars that reflected off of the floor. It was beautiful but at the same time filled Keira with a sudden rush of fear and she found herself for a moment pressed up against John afraid to look. Realizing what she had done Keira backed up just a step but still holding John's hand she tried speaking again.

"Somethings not right here John. Somethings going on. I don't know about you but unless someone slipped something in my drink, I know damn well I've not done any hallucinogenic drugs but yet it almost seems like it doesn't it? And why the hell does it seem like my voice was changing our surroundings? Do we have some kind of damn power to change what's going on around us? God John, we need to find someplace to rest and just stay still without having to think about this for a minute before I lose my damned mind!"

Keira immediately felt shamed for having blabbered on and on like that although John hadn't seemed to mind one bit.

John
02-04-2010, 02:52 AM
John watched as Keira put her foot into one of the holes. He moved closer, preparing to pull her back should anything come out. As it was, nothing happened. Either way though, John agreed with Keira’s assessment of the situation that they should try to steer clear of the holes. Keira squeezed his hand tightly and John gave her a reassuring look. At lest he hoped it was reassuring. He was scared and Keira still seemed to be mostly unaffected by the whole situation.

Keira led John around the holes and he listened to her humming. Even without words behind it, the melodious sound affected him deeply and he found himself calmed by it. That is until he noticed what was happening. The scenery, if you could call it that, seemed to be responding to her voice. Noticing this, Keira broke into the song “Dream Weaver.” John watched Keira as she sang and became mesmerised by the beautiful voice as if he was trapped by a siren’s song. It wasn’t until she stopped singing that he noticed the sky and ground had changed. It seemed to have taken a hint from the lyrics and reflected them beautifully. The change of scenery seemed to affect Keira adversely and she pressed up against John. John could feel her warmth and was about to hold her when she stepped back. She still had a hold of his hand but the situation seemed to be having an effect on her.

"Something’s not right here John. Something’s going on. I don't know about you but unless someone slipped something in my drink, I know damn well I've not done any hallucinogenic drugs but yet it almost seems like it doesn't it? And why the hell does it seem like my voice was changing our surroundings? Do we have some kind of damn power to change what's going on around us? God John, we need to find someplace to rest and just stay still without having to think about this for a minute before I lose my damned mind!"

John wasn’t sure if it was what Keira had said or if it was the song she had chosen to sing, but something clicked in his mind. He started to believe that they were trapped in a dream. He only hoped that Keira was actually real and not just a part of it. He also had an idea. If the scenery was going to change based on what was sung, he thought maybe he could give Keri her wish of a place to rest. John pulled Keira closer and put an arm around her waist.

“Listen,” His voice was quiet, but he couldn’t hide the nervousness behind it. “I have an idea. But don’t laugh. I don’t sing near as well as you.” With that, John started to sing. He didn’t have a bad voice but he was no where near the calibre of Keira. In fact he was feeling self conscious as he sang, hoping that Keira wouldn’t judge him too harshly.

“So hoist up the John B’s sail
See how the mainsail sets
Call for the captain ashore
Let me go home, let me go home
I wanna go home, let me go home
Why don't you let me go home
(hoist up the John B’s sail)
Hoist up the John B
I feel so broke up I wanna go home
Let me go home

The poor cook he caught the fits
And threw away all my grits
And then he took and he ate up all of my corn
Let me go home
Why don't they let me go home
This is the worst trip I’ve ever been on”

The moment John stopped singing, the air started to shimmer and a door with the number “417” appeared in front of them. John looked at Keira and smiled, placing a hand on her cheek.

“I think I have just the place for us to rest.” John removed his keys form his pocket and placed one in the keyhole. The door swung open and John led Keira into his apartment. It wasn’t much, but it was home.

It was a studio apartment. The kitchen was at one end, and a small living room area was set up just a small distance away. At the far end of the room, a divider was set up, separating the bedroom form the rest of the space. A door, which led to the bathroom was by the bedroom. John smiled. He was happy to be in a familiar place. Though it seemed to be cleaner than he remembered leaving it.

“Make yourself at home,” John motioned to he couch and moved to the kitchen area. “Can I get you a beer?”

Mysteria
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
“Can I get you a beer?”

Keira nodded no as she answered John "No, thanks. I think I'll pass on that beer but if you happen to have a bottle of Disaronno I'd take it on the rocks and some aspirin that would be perfect. If you don't have anything like that, plain water would be fine too."

Keira had gotten a pounding headache from trying to figure out what in the hell was going on. Things had went from strange to crazy in no time at all and the events of the day were literally mind boggling.

Keira began to wonder if she were in a dream but how was it that John was in this dream and no one else? And why had the singing been able to effect their surroundings the way that it had. None of this made sense to Keira and the more that she thought about it the more her head began to hurt. While John got them both a drink Keira spoke across the room to him. "John, does it seem like this is some kind of weird dream to you? It can't be a dream I know but yet none of this is making sense. And how does our singing appear to allow us to control certain aspects of this nightmare..." Keiras voice trailed off as the pounding in her head got worse.

Waiting for Johns reply and for him to be seated Keira leaned her head back to rest against the couch and rubbed her temples. Every noise above a whisper seemed to heighten the headache for her.

John
02-05-2010, 05:03 PM
John opened the cupboard and pulled out a glass and a bottle of amaretto. He threw in a couple of ice cubes and then filled the glass. As he did this, John listened intently to everything Keira had to say. He was pretty sure that this was a dream. Grabbing a bottle of Advil form the cupboard, he made his way over to Keira. Opening the bottle, he put two of the pills into his hand and gave them to Keira, along with glass of Amaretto.

“I don’t know Keira.” John sat down on the couch and took a swig of his beer. “I think to say we are in a dream is the only thing that makes sense. Though I have no idea how it is even possible.” John still had the thought that Keira wasn’t real. But didn’t want to tell her that. There was also the matter of the control they had. But John did have an idea about that as well.

“And I saw this movie once where people were trapped inside a dream but they were able to control it.” John decide not to mention that the movie was Nightmare on Elm Street Three. He didn’t think that would do anything to impress Keria. Dream or not. “But I don’t know why we have to sing. I mean, you’ve got a great voice, but I’m not much to listen to.” It was at this moment John had a horrifying thought.

“What if this is your dream and I’m not real?” When he said it he seemed to be just voicing the thought aloud. He wasn’t really talking to Keira, but there was no doubt she had heard him. And John now had to fight to stay in control of his fear.

Mysteria
02-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Keira gladly accepted the Amaretto and Advil while thanking John and quickly downing the Advil. At this point she'd be grateful for any relief from the throbbing in her head.

"I don’t know Keira. I think to say we are in a dream is the only thing that makes sense. Though I have no idea how it is even possible."

"I'm not sure how it's possible either John but at this point it's the only thing viable explanation for this." Keira replied and then added more as a thought out loud than an actual question "But, why?"

“And I saw this movie once where people were trapped inside a dream but they were able to control it. But I don’t know why we have to sing. I mean, you’ve got a great voice, but I’m not much to listen to.”

"I know the movie you're talking about John and that was just a movie but even still if this is actually a dream it doesn't make any sense that we can control certain things. It's more like we are puppets on a string but that begs the questions of how and why doesn't it? And by the way, your voice is just fine."

Keira smiled a small smile at John as she looked into his eyes for a moment. She could tell he was still fairly frightened by the entire ordeal and she couldn't blame him one bit. So was she but she couldn't help having the feeling that she would feel much better about things if her head would just quit pounding. Headaches weren't something that common for her to experience and this one she had surmised was due to the sudden stress she felt at having been thrown into a situation she wasn't familiar with.

“What if this is your dream and I’m not real?”

Keira reached her hand over and placed it on John's in a comforting gesture for just a moment before removing it and bringing both hands to the back of her neck to rub it hoping it would ease the tension headache until the Advil kicked in.

"Well one thing is for certain, if this is a dream we are both bound to it. But I'm still not convinced it's a dream and to be honest right at the minute I don't give a damn as long as I can get this headache to ease up."

The truth was whether it was a dream or not, Keira was glad that she wasn't alone and that they had found some place to rest for just a few moments hopefully before walls started melting again or something. For some reason though, it seemed that they were safe as long as they were in their own space. If that were the case maybe she could even find her way to her apartment to load up on more supplies.

John
02-06-2010, 06:28 AM
John was amazed that Keira had told him his voice was fine. He never felt that he could sing, and usually didn’t. There would be times when he would go to bars with his friends that he would sing with them. But it was different when five drunk guys were belting out “Free Bird.”

He felt soothed by the comforting way Keira placed her hand on his. But his mind was racing off in different directions. Three was too much going on and he certainly understood why Keira had a headache. John reached over and started to rub her shoulders in an effort to ease her pain. He was gentle and as he massaged Keira, he felt himself growing more attracted to her. Something he didn’t think was possible. Quietly, he started to sing. He really wasn’t sure what to sing. So he went with the first thing that popped into his head.

“Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance”

John continued to massage Keira’s shoulders after he had completed the song. He found while singing it he wasn’t quite as self conscious due to Keira’s kind words.

“Did that help?” John kept his voice low just in case. He hoped it did help. Then they could sort out this mess. Secretly, a part of him hoped it didn’t work. At least that way he could keep massaging Keira.

Mysteria
02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Keira listened as John began to sing and the tune was one she was familiar with. He was being sweet and trying to help her headache go away by massaging her neck. Keira was never one to turn down a good massage and what John was doing felt good but unfortunately it was doing nothing to help the headache.

This headache didn't feel like any other headache she had ever experienced before and the only comfort she found in the moment was the fact that while her head was hurting nothing appeared to be melting or changing colors or any other weird thing was happening.

Keira smiled at John as she thanked him. "I really appreciate the effort John and the song was lovely but perhaps my head would stop throbbing if we just tried to rest for a bit?" Keira layed her head against the back of the couch and shut her eyes. The pounding seemed to ease up the moment she shut her eyes but it didn't go away. Opening her eyes the pounding became louder again. With a deep sigh she told John "Yeah, I really think maybe we should just try to get some sleep and see what the morning brings. At least when my eyes are closed the throbbing stops. Maybe by morning this headache will be gone. Maybe by morning we will awaken and find out this is only just a dream."

Keira knew that the likelihood of that happening was slim to none but at this point if they could just catch a few hours of rest she was certain that they could think more clearly in the morning. Keira closed her eyes again as she rested against the back of the couch and once again the intensity of the pain in her head lessened.

John
02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Neither the song nor the massage had helped. Keira’s head was pounding and she wanted to sleep. John on the other hand was wide awake. Given the circumstances, he had no desire to sleep. Partially out of a fear of waking up somewhere else. At least for the moment they appeared to be safe. And he didn’t want to do anything to change that tight now.

Johns stood up and picked up Keira. Cradling her in his arms, he carried her to the bedroom. He placed her gently on the bed, making sure that her head rested on the pillow.

“Get some rest,” John smiled and returned ot the living room. John’s mind was reeling. There was just far too much happening right now. He believed that they were trapped in a dream. It was the only thing that made sense. And sooner or later, they were going to have to wake up.

John sat on the couch and tried to figure out what they should do next. Normally his life was simple and usually the toughest decision he had to make in life was which jacket he should wear. It’s not that John was stupid. He had a good life but wasn’t used to confronting adversity. Usually things just fell into place for him. He had a great job in a great club and enjoyed life. Things never went wrong for him. Sure there were minor setbacks, but nothing that even came close to comparing to this.

Lost in thought, John stared at the blank screen of the television and sipped at his beer. Looking up at the clock he noticed the time. Three thirty-three. It was the second time that he had seen a clock with that time displayed, and he couldn’t help feeling that it meant something. Picking up the remote from the table, he turned on the television. Making sure to keep the volume low so as not to disturb Keira. The television came to life and john stared at the picture. He was looking at what appeared to be a medical show of some kind. The view was from the patient’s perspective and he could see a man wearing a surgical mask staring into the camera. John wasn’t a fan of medical shows and started to change the channel. Problem was, the same show was on every channel. The doctor appeared to be examining the patient on the table, and he began to speak.

“Sir, he’s coming out of it.” The doctor’s voice was concerned.

“Increase the dosage to fifty milligrams.” A second voice could be heard from off camera.

“Sit we are already over the recommended safe dosage. They seem to be figuring out what’s gong on and are fighting against it.” The doctor sounded nervous. “Also the female appears to be experiencing pain. Could be a side effect.”

“Increase th dosage as ordered. And inject a painkiller into the female’s IV feed.” The voice sounded irritated.

“Yes sir,” The doctor leaned over and appeared to be doing something near the patient’s head. John started to feel funny. He felt drowsy. And as the picture disappeared from the television, John slumped over and passed out.

Mysteria
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Keira was surprised when John had picked her up and carried her to his bed to sleep but she'd not had the strength or desire to even attempt to argue. Besides the fact that her head had been pounding she had a feeling he wouldn't have taken no for an answer anyhow. Keira thanked John and bid him a good night watching as he left the room and shut the door behind him.

For a few moments Keira stared at the walls. Nothing was moving. There was no sound to irritate her headache. In reality the headache appeared to be gone within a few moments of being alone. Keira lay awake trying to figure out what was going on but sleep was quickly overtaking her. Just as Keira fell asleep she thought she heard voices in the next room but knew that John was alone out there. Was she hearing things again. Keira struggled to stay awake and listen to the voices but before she knew what hit her she fell into a deep slumber.

The next thing she knew Keira had woke up feeling very refreshed and her headache had disappeared. For a moment she thought she had merely had a bad dream until she looked around the room and found the surroundings unfamiliar to her. It was coming back to her. It wasn't a dream! She remembered now. She was in John's bedroom sleeping in his bed. But where was John? Keira looked at the night stand beside the bed and noticed the clock. It was 3:33 p.m!

Had she really slept that late in the day and if so why on earth wouldn't John have woken her up sooner. Crawling out of bed and straightening it up she made her way into the living room where she found John fast asleep on the couch. Keira stood silently watching him admiring his form as he slept. She hated to wake him but after a few moments knew that she had to wake him.

Reaching out she brushed the hair from his face as she spoke. "John, it's me, Keira. It's time to wake up." When Keira got no response at first she became alarmed and immediately checked to make sure there was still breath coming from Johns sleeping body. She breathed a great sigh of relief as she felt his warm breath blowing across her fingers. Keira shook John lightly "John..." There was still no response. Shaking him a bit harder Keira said "John, it's 3:33 in the afternoon. You need to wake up! We have to figure out what's going on here."

Finally John began to stir and Keira stepped back smiling down at him as he opened his sleepy eyes.

John
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM
John looked up into the smiling face of Keira. It was as though he had been wakened from a peaceful slumber by an angel. Because she was smiling, John could only assume that her headache was gone.

John sat um and felt like he wanted to pass out again. He felt dizzy but was able to right himself. It was then that he remembered the medical show on the television. He also realized what time Keira had said it was. He laughed a little to himself and wondered if he might be going insane. Grabbing the remote, John turned on the TV. The screen showed static and John quickly changed the channels, finding more of the same. Placing the remote on the table, he turned to Keira.

“I have something I need to tell you,” John had a concerned look on his face. “Last night I turned on the TV and there was a kind of medical show. It was from the patient’s point of view, but they mentioned a woman who was in pain. They also upped the dosage of something to the other patient and then I passed out. I don’t know, but somehow, I think that was us.” John looked at the clock on the wall. “And this all happened at three thirty-three PM.” John paused for a moment. He was finding it difficult to keep eye contact with Keira right now. What he had just sounded ludicrous, even to him.

“So what do we do now?” John felt extremely useless right now. He really didn’t know what to do.

Mysteria
02-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Keiara listened to every thing that John told her about and could only shake her head. Nothing was making sense. The only good thing that had happened so far out of all of this was that her head ache had seemed to stop.

"I don't know what is going on John but I intend to find out. There has to be something that we can do." Then as an afterthought she said "Well before we do anything, dreaming or not dreaming or whatever the hell this is I feel hungry. Have any eggs in the fridge?" John went to the fridge and presented Keira with the eggs and after giving her a pan and protesting that he would make the eggs Keiara made them each an omelet. Her belly now full she seemed to be regaining her strength.

"As much as I hate to even say it I think we have no choice but to leave your apartment and see what is going on back outside. We seem safe as long as we're here but as long as we're here we aren't going to find any answers. You said it looked like we were in a hospital right? I think our best bet is to maybe go to the hospital. It's not far and maybe we will find some kind of answer there?"

Once they had both loaded back up with further supplies from John's cupboards on top of what they already had brought with them the two stepped outside. The moment the door to John's apartment closed behind them the street in front of them began to run like water only it was solid and their feet didn't get wet. "Well so much for hoping things had returned to normal" Keira said. As they walked up the street Keira realized something and grabbing onto John's arm exclaimed "John, where the hell are we? We should be in front of the hospital but look. It's gone! How in the fuck does a hospital just disappear?"

John
02-14-2010, 04:23 AM
Normally the thought of someone cooking in his kitchen would annoy John to no end. But for some reason with Keira, he didn’t really mind. In fact, the idea of her cooking for him made him quite happy. He removed the eggs form the fridge, along with a red and green pepper. As Keira prepared the egg, john went to work dicing the peppers. They took their time to eat and Keira decided now it was time to figure out their next move.

Keria spoke to John and he nodded his head in agreement. He thought that checking out the hospital was a good idea. It actually made sense to him; especially since John could think of nothing better. But despite his agreement, he didn’t feel much like talking and found there was only one thing he needed to say.

“Thanks for breakfast.” They took some time to stock up on a few necessities. As they walked to the hospital, John stayed silent. For some reason he wasn’t even being really affected by the river like street which flowed beneath their feet. It wasn’t that he was becoming used to the strange surroundings of this dream. It was just more like he didn’t care. Like it was somehow meant to be. As they approached the hospital, Keria grabbed John’s arm and began to speak.

“"John, where the hell are we? We should be in front of the hospital but look. It's gone! How in the fuck does a hospital just disappear?" John looked at the building in front of him. He could clearly see the red cross on the front and the words St. Joseph’s hospital on the sign over the door. He looked at Keira, but didn’t tell her what he saw. Instead he just smiled at her. He didn’t know why he was smiling, he just was. It was almost like he was high, but didn’t feel that way. But regardless of what he felt, he knew that he wanted to get out of here.

“Come on,” The words really had no emotion behind them and John didn’t really recognize his own voice for a moment. He sounded kind of hollow. And for some reason that feeling had to do with the hospital which either was or wasn’t there.

John took Keira by the hand and headed back towards his building. He couldn’t believe he hadn’t thought of doing this when they left his building tin the first place. Perhaps that it was he just wanted to walk with Keira. He didn’t know for sure, but right now this was something he really wanted. As they arrived at the building, John led Keria down an alley and into a small parking lot in the back. He smiled as they approached John’s most prized possession. His motorcycle (http://calebmitchell.com/images/BlackHarley.jpg). Climbing aboard, he started it up and reached his hand out to Keira.

“You don’t wanna stay here do you?” He smiled playfully as he said the words and she got on the bike. John felt extremely comfortable with Keira’s arms around him and wasn’t the least bit concerned about not having a helmet. Somehow he knew that they wouldn’t get hurt here.

John drove the bike back to where the hospital was. Stopping he stared at the building and shuddered. It didn’t feel right. There was just something about it and John knew they shouldn’t go in. He turned to look at Keira for a moment.

“Hang on,” John’s tone was returning to normal. And just before he sped off, he said one more thing to Keira; and he had a look of fright in his eyes when he spoke.

“I can see the hospital.”

Mysteria
02-14-2010, 11:44 PM
When Keira and John reached the hospital and it wasn't there John's expression remained almost emotionless. His simple words even sounded as void of emotion as they had earlier when he had spoken. Keira chalked it up to his having had a sleepless night.

She was confused when he led her away from where the hospital should have been. The only sign that he was even returning to his normal attitude was when he unveiled the motorcycle. “You don’t wanna stay here do you?” It was the first time she had seen him smile all day. The truth was she didn't want to stay there. But as to where they should go now that the hospital wasn't there was beyond her grasp.

Climbing onto the bike behind John she wrapped her arms around him and prepared to ride. She wasn't however prepared for his next words. “I can see the hospital.” Keira blinked and shook her head slowly.

"I don't have a clue what's going on around here John but I'm beginning to think we just need to get aways from her as far was we can possibly go."

John
02-22-2010, 06:53 PM
John was happy. He enjoyed the feel of the wind in his face as he cruised down the road on his bike. An experience which was made far more pleasurable by Keira’s arms wrapped around his waist. As they rode, John tried not to notice the scenery. He could see the mountains, which appeared to be melting. But the ride was clearing his head so he was feeling better about the whole thing. A part of him had to admit that if it was a dream as they suspected, he didn’t want to wake up. He enjoyed being with Keira and if they woke up, he might never see her again. John kept his focus on the road, trying to ignore the feeling of Keira’s body pressed up against him. Something which he was finding hard to do.

John could now see something in the distance. He slowed the bike and he and Keira rode up to what appeared to be three large doors, numbered one two and three respectively. Once they got close to the doors, John stopped the bike and dismounted and then helped Keira off.

Sitting in front of the doors was a table with a note on it. John picked up the note and read it allowed.

“Good afternoon; before you are three doors. One of the doors will help you get closer to finding the way out. The other two lead to a possible death. Choose wisely.”

The note was signed “a friend” and John could feel that uneasy feeling starting to return again. He turned to Keira and took her hands in his and tried to smile.

“I don’t know about you, but personally I suck at game shows. I suppose we could always go back. I mean, if this is a dream, we have to wake up sooner or later, right? And who the hell is this friend?” John’s face became more serious. “I feel like we are jumping through hoops for someone’s amusement. And quite frankly, it’s starting to piss me off.”

Mysteria
02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Keira sat on the bike in a comfortable manner that she seemed to be accustomed to although she couldn't really remember ever having ridden that often in her past. The truth was that she was having a hard time remembering a lot about the past. It was cloudy to her and she didn't know if that was because she was so focused on figuring out what was happening around her that she just wasn't thinking about the past that much, or if she really just couldn't remember it. All she really knew was that the nights rest had seemed to clear her head a bit and that being on the back of that bike having her lungs filled with fresh air seemed to be making a huge difference in her disposition.

Her mood had improved so greatly that she almost didn't even mind the mountains appearing to wave in front of her like she was inside of something like the Matrix movies. When they reached the doors and John had stopped the bike and helped her off she approached warily. Keira shook her head as John read the note. A friend? Keira doubted highly that the note had been written by a friend although it appeared that someone else knew something about what was going on which only confirmed her earlier suspicions. They were not alone in this and someone was probably pulling their strings like they were some marionettes that were being controlled by an unforeseen force.

Johns thoughts reflected her own “I feel like we are jumping through hoops for someone’s amusement. And quite frankly, it’s starting to piss me off.” and she couldn't agree more. "I have to agree with John and all I can say is that the bits and pieces that are coming to light as we go on have done nothing more than cause me to be even more determined to figure out what is going on here. I say we just pick a door, open it and ride through. Undoubtedly no matter which door we pick is going to lead to some other experience that we are just going to have to deal with. I'm beginning to think though that the fact that we could change our circumstances with the singing the way we did earlier that we have some sort of control in this, even if we don't understand it yet."

Keira moved back over to the bike she getting on and as an after thought rummaged though her back pack and produced the knife and gun they had packed earlier handing John the gun and keeping the knife for herself. When John looked at her puzzled she grinned and said "I don't know about you, but I am not taking any friggin chances. We don't know what's on the other side of that door. It could be lions and tigers and bears oh my! Or it could be cuddly puppies. Either way, I'm not relaxing until we find out." Once John had positioned himself back on the bike Keira wrapped her hands around his waist but still holding the knife in one hand as she did so.

"I'm not good at games either so the hell with it. Let's pick door number two. Two is a good number, good things happen in two's. Unlucky things happen in three's." John fired up the bike and without even stopping to open the door drove straight through bursting onto the other side. Keira's eyes were filled with disbelief upon reaching the other side. She recognized them to still be in L.A. but it was different in a futuristic Escape From L.A. sort of way. The place looked like it had been hit by bombs that created total devastation. Cars were flipped upside down, many of the buildings were mere skeletons of what they once had been. Leaning up and almost whispering into John's ear Keira found herself saying "Well so much for luck, because this sure as hell ain't cuddly puppies."

Before John even had a chance to respond Keira heard a noise and turned her head to see what appeared to be some sort of gang by the colors they wore and how they were dressed headed right for her and John and they sure as hell didn't look friendly. Keira clutched John's sides. "I think you should get us the hell out of here, and fast!"

John
02-24-2010, 07:27 PM
John drove the bike through door number two. He was glad that Keira had made the choice. He had no luck at this kind of thing. John was the type of person who would play poker and get four of a kind only to lose to a straight flush. He had no luck when it came to games.

Once they had arrived on the other side of the door, the smile quickly faded from his face. They were back in LA. However it was different this time. It appeared to be a post apocalyptic setting and John felt an uneasy feeling in his stomach.

When Keira leaned over and whispered into John’s ear, he felt a chill run down his spine. He also realized that the feelings he had for her were a lot deeper than they should have been. He hadn’t known her very long and had barely spoken to her before today. But somehow he felt a connection to her. A connection that was more than just the experiences of this dream. It was something he would keep to himself for now as he was fearful of pushing her away.

A moment later there was a noise form behind them and Keira expressed an urgent need to get moving. John glanced behind and saw the gang of people approaching them. Even with the weapons they had, John knew they would be no match for them as they were outnumbered. He revved the bike once and sped off down the broken street. John had no idea where they were going, but at the moment, it seemed like anywhere was better than here.

As they drove down the street, John could see a white arrow up ahead. It was floating in midair, and seemed to shimmer slightly. John felt an inexplicable urge to go in the direction indicated by the arrow and turned the bike. He continued to drive and more arrows appeared and John continued to follow them. Somehow he felt that the arrows were helping, but the feeling faded slightly when they were directed into an alleyway with a door at the far end.

John stopped the bike and dismounted. He took Keira’s hand, taking her left hand in his, and could swear he heard the clinking of metal as their hands touched. Ignoring the sound, he moved up to the door and could see another note on it. He pulled the note off the door and read it aloud.

“The interior of this building will provide you with a temporary respite. But don’t linger long for they are coming. And you may want to check the fuel gauge on the bike.” John moved back over to the bike and noticed that the fuel gauge was almost on empty. Pulling the gin from the bag, he chambered a round and placed it in his belt. Taking Keria by the hand, he moved back over to the door and pushed it open.

He was a little surprised at what he saw inside. Although the building was three storied high, the large room inside was not. There were no stairs and no other exits other than the door they had come through. The room itself was clean, and did not reflect their current surroundings in any way. It appeared to be a recording studio and John entered, still holding Keira’s hand, keeping her behind him to offer her some sort of protection. Once they were inside, John shut the door behind them and noticed something strange about the room. There was a large box in the middle with the label “gasoline” on it. John moved ot the box and opened it. Inside was a single gas can and John breathed a sigh of relief.

“I’m starting to think someone is trying to help us.” John turned to Keira and tried to force a smile. “But I don’t understand why they led us to a recording studio, unless we are meant to sing something.” At John’s words, the lights in the studio came on and the sound board came to life. He moved over to the board and looked it over. He didn’t know why, but he knew what each button on it did, and he immediately began to set the levels. Turning back to Keira, he smiled.

“Will you allow me the honour of hearing you sing Miss Riley?” Somehow John knew it was what she was supposed to do, though he had no idea why. Or for that matter, what song could possibly help them out right now. But he wasn’t going to miss a chance to hear Keira sing. Glancing up at the wall, he noticed a clock. The time on it read two forty-five and it appeared ot be working normally. John was surprised by this, It was the first clock they had seen that didn’t read three thirty-three. John figured it meant something though. John and Keira had forty-eight minutes before “they” showed up. And he didn’t want to be here when that happened.

Mysteria
02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
No sooner had she said the words than John hit the gas and they sped away. Keira had no idea where they were going but John seemed to and for some odd reason Keira found herself trusting his judgement. Keira held onto John as they twisted and turned down the streets. Something felt unnaturally comfortable to her as she clung to John. The act seemed almost common yet Keira couldn't place her finger on just why it was such.

John had led them to a building where once they stepped inside everything seemed to return almost to normal other than the fact that she still had no clue as to what was happening to them both. It struck her as rather odd that they had ended up inside of a recording studio. Even that felt common to Keira. The only thing that seemed really out of place to her there was the can of gasoling. Keira had to agree with John. In some screwed up way it did seem that someone for some reason was trying to help them.

"I don't know why we've been led here either John. I admit it does seem that someone is trying to help us but why the studio? What is it about singing that seems to affect our circumstances." When Johns fingers began moving over the instrument panel Keira couldn't help but notice that it seemed familiar to him even though he was a bartender. In some ways she could understand the singing since she herself was a nightclub singer in her spare time but yet, it made little sense.

“Will you allow me the honour of hearing you sing Miss Riley?” Even as he spoke his eyes were looking to the clock. For Keira it also signified something. At various times time had a way of standing still and at others it was as though they were leap frogging though time. "Sure, I can sing something John what would you like to....."Keiras thoughts trailed off. She didn't need to ask him what he wanted her to sing. She didn't even need to try to figure out what to sing. Her gaze had fallen back to the clock once more. What was it about time that was becoming so fascinating to them both.

Stepping up to the Mike the words began to float across the silent room.

The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the end of the skies

As if on cue, the music began to play as her voice filtered through the air.

John
03-04-2010, 01:08 AM
As Keira sang, John found himself not as entranced by her voice as he was before. Instead, his attention was focused on the soundboard in front of him. For some reason, he knew exactly how to set the levels to get the best sound out of Keira’s voice. Not that it really needed any help. Still, despite his attention on the soundboard, he still enjoyed hearing her sing.

At one point during the siong, John glanced up at the clock on the wall. It wasn’t moving. John found this curious cause it had been moving before she started to sing. It was almost as if Keira’s voice had stopped time. Turning his attention back to the board, he continued to mix the sounds until the song was done.

As soon as it had finished, John looked back up to the clock. It had indeed started moving again. Turning on the microphone on the board, John spoke into it. He had meant to say something completely different than the words which came out of his mouth. He wanted to tell Keira what had happened with the clock. Instead he found himself quite surprised by the words which escaped his lips. Despite the natural feeling that came with them, he couldn’t understand why he had said them.

“A perfect job as always my love” As soon as John realized what he had said, he shut off the mic and turned his back to the window. He felt a tad embarrassed by what he had spoken. Though he had to admit that he felt attracted to Keira, he didn’t love her. Did he? There was something which wasn’t right here, and with time moving again, he didn’t have a lot of time to find the answers.

John moved form the board and opened the door to the studio. Walking up to Keira, he looked into the eyes and took her hands in his. Something was definitely out of place here, and if he didn’t have the answers, perhaps Keira did.

“I’m sorry,” John’s voice was calm. “I don’t know why I said that. It just came out. But even though we just met, I am starting to get this feeling like I’ve known you for a long time. Who are you really Keira?”

Mysteria
03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
The notes floated throughout the studio as Keira sang and John worked his magic on the keyboard. Keira couldn't help but thinking that he always did have a way of making her sound better. At the moment the thought popped into her head she almost lost her place in the song but like a natural she never missed a beat.

When the song was over and the last note had been sung she heard John saying "A perfect job as always my love”. Without even thinking twice Keira had replied "Thanks babe."

What in the hell had she just said Keira thought to herself. Even though she had found it odd that she had said it, it hadn't felt strange to say. The truth was, she wasn't even certain that John had heard her. She was certain of one thing though, he had a puzzled look on his face as removed the headphones and stepped away from the mic.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know why I said that. It just came out. But even though we just met, I am starting to get this feeling like I’ve known you for a long time. Who are you really Keira?”

Keira looked at John not certain of how to answer him. Finally she looked up at him and smiling she took his hands in hers "Don't be sorry John. I didn't want to say anything before either because I thought you might think I was crazy but there have been things.." Keiras voice trailed off for a moment before she proceeded further "there have been things that have seemed familiar to me in ways that I haven't been able to understand. I mean, I know we haven't ever known each other much other than a few words here and there at the club but yet, I feel like I somehow we know each other from somewhere else."

Dropping his hands Keira couldn't help but hearing that tinkling metal sound again as her fingers released his. Looking away from him Keira said "And what's even stranger is I feel comfortable with you. " Keira shuffled her feet on the floor as she looked down. "John, please don't think I'm crazy, but it's like I know you in certain ways. I'm not sure how or why, and it doesn't make sense, it just....feels like I do and I'm not sure exactly who I am but ....in ways it feels like you already know who I am."

Keira couldn't bring herself to raise her eyes again, she couldn't look at him. She was certain that by now he must think she was totally crazy but yet she couldn't help but think that this all somehow tied into the strange events happening around them and even more so, she had felt like she had needed to say it to him.

John
03-10-2010, 06:09 AM
John exhaled deeply and took Keira’s hands in his own. He felt a little unnerved by all of this and wasn’t really sure what to say. He had been attracted to Keira from the first moment he laid eyes on her, but this was different. He couldn’t shake the feeling that he had deeper feelings for her. Feelings he couldn’t explain.

“Keira I…” John stopped and forced a smile. “I’m not going to lie to you. You are the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen. I was attracted to you the moment I saw you.” John was getting ready to kick himself mentally. He had gone out with more than his fair share of women, and never had he said anything like this. He wanted to stop, but somehow it felt right. Somehow he thought Keira would understand.

“I just feel right when I’m with you,” John shook his head in frustration. Normally he didn’t have such a hard time expressing himself. And right now, the right words weren’t coming to him. There was only one thing he could think to say or do. Problem was, he really didn’t know how Keira would react. Why was this so difficult for him? He never had problems like this in the past. And he had never been as confused as he was in this moment. John placed his hand under Keira’s chin and gently tilted her head upward to look in her eyes.

“Keira, I… I… aw fuck it.” John moved in and pressed his lips against Keira’s, wrapping his arms around her.

Mysteria
03-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Keira wasn't certain how to respond to the words that she was hearing John say. She wasn't offended by the words in the least but what was bothering her the most was the fact that she herself felt some sort of connection to him other than the fact that they had been thrown together into what she could only categorize as a freakish dream.

“I just feel right when I’m with you,” Keira couldn't deny that she felt the same way. Even when they had been on his bike cruising she had been so comfortable with him and had felt so safe behind him. It was something she couldn't explain but she felt that as long as she was with him they'd both be safe. Keira looked into his eyes almost shyly. It felt foreign to her. She couldn't remember ever having been shy about anything before. For petes sake she was a singer who got in front of people on a nightly basis and sang. How she could be shy was beyond her but yet in his presence she felt shy and couldn't shake the feeling that she'd always been shy around him yet knew him.

Before Keira could even respond and tell him that she too felt it she was in his arms and his lips pressed to hers. Instinctively her arms went around his neck and she was returning the kiss. It wasn't a casual I'm glad I'm getting to know you type of kiss. She was returning it as though she had done it thousands of times before as their tongues softly caressed one anothers. Being in his arms felt so right and her lithe form pressed against him. She couldn't get close enough and one thing was for damn certain. She didn't want it to end. Even when the kiss had ended she felt that sudden sense of shyness once more and buried her head into his shoulders trying to divert him from being able to look into her eyes as she whispered "I know what you mean John. It feels so natural." Keira sighed. "It feels so right."

John
03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
John held Keira in his arms and ran his fingers through her silky hair. At this moment, he was happy. The happiness being caused mainly by the fact that Keira was not only returning his affection, but she apparently felt it too.

“I know Keira,” John spoke softly. “I want to hold you in my arms forever. And if this is a dream, I don’t want to wake up.” John continued to hold her and run his fingers through her hair. He wanted to stare into her eyes, but didn’t want to force her to look up. There were still a lot of unexplained things, and he didn’t want to put this moment at risk.

“It’s like that time in Vegas, do you remember? You were so beautiful on the stage that night and…” John trailed off as he tried to recall the memory. Which he was finding quite strange because John, to his knowledge, had never been to Vegas. John closed his eyes for a moment and tried to push the memory out of his head. He couldn’t help thinking that he was losing his mind. He had flashes of memory entering his mind. Memories that didn’t seem to be his own. Glancing up at the clock, John noted the time. It was now three o’clock, and they would have to get moving soon.

Mysteria
03-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Keira remained still in John's arms as he held her, stroking her hair lightly. She was enjoying the brief break from the madness that had become her world. Here in his arms she felt like things were as they should be yet there was so much uncertainty surrounding her. It surrounded everything right now her, her and John, this place, this time. Finally Keira looked up at him and spoke as she brushed the hair back from his face. "I know John, in this moment at least I feel somewhat normal."

When John began to speak of Vegas her eyes narrowed slightly her brow deepening as he spoke. Vegas? She shook her head as images flashed in front of her. Images of her in a beautiful green gown (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod102260167&parentId=cat14110764&masterId=cat000131&index=2&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat17740747cat000131cat141 10764) flashed in her mind. An image of John standing at the side of the stage danced in her head for a second and then it was gone. Something about Vegas seemed all too familiar to her although she had no clue why. Reaching down she took his hands. There was that clicking sound of metal again as she twined her fingers into his. Keira looked down but saw nothing. Shaking her head she simply said "I'm not...its like a nagging thought in the back of my head, a green dress, you by a stage but yet I don't know what I would have been doing in Vegas John. This just doesn't make sense.

Keira's eyes followed Johns gaze and she too noted the time on the clock hanging on the wall. "John, I'm not sure what the significance of the time being three o'clock is, but it keeps popping up. My gut tells me we should get moving but I have no idea why."

John
04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
John nodded his head at Keira, and taking her by the hand, headed for the door. It came as a shock to his system when he opened the door leading outside to find himself staring into the recording studio that he and Keira were currently standing in. He looked back at Keira and let out a nervous laugh. Closing the door, he waited a moment before opening it again, only to see the studio on the other side.

“I think someone wants us to stay,” John’s tone was concerned and he sounded a little weirded out. But then, who wouldn’t be. He was trapped in a dream with the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his life. A woman that he loved, but didn’t know why. He had memories of places he had never been. Not to mention he knew how to run a sound board, something he shouldn’t know how to do.

“I have an idea,” John smiled at Keira, closing the door again. As he closed it, he thought he could hear the sounds of people shouting in the distance, and it was getting closer. John walked over to the sound board and pressed a few buttons, before moving into the studio. The music started as John stepped up to the microphone and he started to sing.

“Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher
There's a thousand pretty women waitin' out there
And they're all livin' devil may care
And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas”

The music suddenly stopped and a door appeared in the middle of the studio. John rushed to Keira and kissed her on the cheek, smiling.

“Come on,” taking her by the hand, John opened the door and stepped through. The sight that greeted Jon and Keira on the other side was about what he expected. They were standing in the lobby of a casino. People mulled about while the sounds of bells and people shouting as they won large amounts of money greeted his ears. He glanced around, trying to get a feel for his surroundings when he saw the poster on the wall. Normally it wouldn’t have caught his attention except that the picture of the woman on it was Keira. She was dressed in a beautiful green gown and was holding a microphone. The lettering on the sign read; “Ceaser’s Palace proudly presents, for one night only, the song styling’s of Hsgteys Psgduiw. 8:00 in the Ballroom. Sold Out.” John looked at Keira and smiled nervously, pointing at the poster.

“I think they spelled your name wrong,” John grasped Keira’s hand tightly.

Mysteria
04-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Keira didn't have a clue what was going on when John opened the door and it led right back into where they were. Keira looked at John "I don't understand. What's going on John?" Then she smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry. I guess that was a dumb question."

John just smiled at her. “I have an idea,” Keira watched as John moved into the studio and began singing Viva Las Vegas. Suddenly a new door appeared and Keira just stood there, afraid to move. John took her hand and gently guided her towards the door. At that moment had it not been for John Keira truly didn't know what she would have done other than lose her sanity. Kissing John on the cheek she said in almost a whisper "Thank you for sticking with me through all of this, at least til we find out whats going on." Keira meant what she said. He could have left her alone but for some reason she felt tied to him, even if she didn't understand it.

Keira was looking around when they stepped through the door. She realized that they were in Vegas. What she hadn't realize though until John spoke was that there was a giant picture of herself directly in front of her. Keira felt Johns hand squeezing hers and looked at him right before he spoke “I think they spelled your name wrong,”

Keiras gaze followed Johns and she saw the poster for the first time. Her breath caught in her throat as she stared at the picture. For a moment Keira stood dumbfounded not knowing what to say even as the thought ran through her mind. The dress was familiar to her. Even the picture seemed remotely familiar to her. But how could she tell John that? Surely he would think her to be losing her mind. The strain of everything was beginning to take it's toll on her. Keira didn't know what to do. He was being so good to her and somehow she felt it important that she tell that she recognized the picture but she didn't want him to think she was crazy and leave her to fend for herself.

Keira turned and buried her head on Johns shoulder blinking back tears as she tried to speak. "John, I know you're going to think I'm crazy but.." Keira swallowed hard fighting off her tears before continuing. "But, I know that dress. And I've seen that picture before. I'm sorry John. I just can't remember where." Then Keira added, her voice pleading with him as a tear rolled down her cheek. " Please don't think I'm crazy."

John
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
John wrapped an arm around Keira’s waist and kissed the top of her head.

“I don’t think you’re crazy,” his voice was soothing. “Though I am starting to wonder about myself. I recognize it too.” John stared at the poster, noticing the show time on it. It said nine o’clock. John looked around for a clock and saw that it was now nine thirty. It appeared that the show had already started and John realized, after checking his pockets, he didn’t have any money on him. He had wanted to go in and see the show. Perhaps it would have shed a little light on what was going on. But right now, there was nothing he could do.

“You have to get in there,” A man’s voice spoke, coming from behind John. John turned and saw a man wearing a black suit and sunglasses. “You need to remember.” John stared at the man for a moment, his confusion growing more by the second.

“Who are you?” John stared at the man, a blank expression on his face. The man reached into his jacket pocket and handed John two tickets.

“A friend. I wish I could tell you more. But you have to figure this out for yourself.” The man turned and started to walk. John let go of Keira and started moving after him, but lost him in a crowd of people. He had lost sight of the man and cursed silently. Moving back over to Keira, he took her hand and stared into her eyes, holding up the tickets.

“Up for a concert?” John smiled, though he admittedly didn’t feel much like smiling. He was becoming more and more confused by the moment. Not to mention that this cold all be some kind of elaborate trap for him and Keira. But at the moment, he didn’t see another option.

Mysteria
05-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Keira watched as the John spoke with the stranger. She tried to see if she could recognize him but drew a blank. He said he was a friend. He must have been a friend of Johns though because Keira had no clue who he was. She was relieved though when he handed John the tickets because she wanted to see that show. She wanted to see this other Keira and hoped that something deep in her mind would bring her a memory, anything that might jog her memories into understanding what was happening between them.

"Up for a concert?" Keira smiled and nodded her head yes eagerly. As the doors opened and the strains of her own voice met her ears Keira couldn't wait to be seated. It was her on stage, she was singing but yet it wasn't hers. As John and her were seated she reached over and took Johns hand noticing that where his fingers twined in hers it felt like the pressure of a ring on her finger but yet there was none.

It seemed to Keira there was something about rings that she had yet to remember. Was she engaged, or possibly even married? If so, to whom. Could she be married and not remember who her husband was? She looked at John. Nah, she barely knew him, it couldn't be him. Or could it?

One song ended and another began, and then another, as her own voice filtered out over the crowd.

Try to remember the kind of September
when life was slow and oh, so mellow.
when grass was green and grain was yellow.
when you were a tender and callow fellow,
Try to remember and if you remember then follow.

Try to remember when life was so tender
that no one wept except the willow.
Try to remember when life was so tender that
dreams were kept beside your pillow.
Try to remember when life was so tender that
love was an ember about to billow.

Keira sang along with the words rolling through her head. The word September seemed to stick in her head for reasons she couldn't define. Images began to swirl in front of Keira that she couldn't explain. She felt like she had been transported to another time and place. She watched as she stood in a wedding dress in front of a group of people seated in chairs outside. It was cool outside. She knew it was her by the way her hair had been arranged since she it was exactly like it was when she was currently on stage singing. She couldn't see the face of the man standing beside her though and try as she might she couldn't remember.

The song played on while her double sang.

Deep in December it's nice to remember
although you know the snow will follow.
without the hurt the heart is hollow.
the fire of September that made us mellow.
Deep in December our hearts should remember and follow.

As her double sang Keira began to caress Johns hand absent mindlessly as though it was a second nature to her. These word kept repeating themselves in her mind even after the song was over and she had left the stage.

The song appeared to hold significance to her but why. Why? Keira looked at John, smiling at him "Well I sure did wow the crowd if I must say so myself but John, that last song. There's something about it I remember, does it mean anything to you?"

Just then shouts of "encore, encore" erupted from the crowd. Suddenly the room was empty other than her and John and it was the real Keira now standing on stage looking down at John. She was in the green gown. Keira was confused. Shutting her eyes a song popped into Keira's head. It wasn't the kind of song that one would sing for a crowd in Vegas but it seemed important that Keira sang it as a guitar suddenly began to play.

Keira shut her eyes and began to sing, the notes flowing out softly and filling the room

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin’ like a breeze

Country Roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads

Keira opened her eyes and both her and John were standing in what she recognized to be her own apartment. "John, I don't think we are in Vegas anymore. I know this isn't West Virginia but I ....I think I'm from West Virginia. I know it's crazy..." Keira buried her face in John's shoulder as she felt tears welling up in her eyes. Suddenly Keira gasped and stepped back for what she saw stunned her.

"John..." Keiras voice was a whisper "I think you better look at this.' Keira pointed to the mantle above the fireplace, walking over and picking up a picture. It was a wedding picture of her and John. "When we were in Vegas, when the other me was singing Try To Remember, I saw this in my mind. I mean it was me..I didn't know who the other person was..I..." Keira looked at John blankly as she reached for his hand and touched where a ring should have been had they been married. "John? What does this mean?"

John
05-25-2010, 01:24 AM
John stared at the photograph with a blank expression. He really didn’t know what to make of it. A part of him didn’t want to admit it was real. Yet still, a part of him felt happy about it. He had strong feelings for Keira, and if they were in fact married as the picture suggested, it certainly made those feelings easier to explain.

“I think,” John squeezed Keira’s hand slightly. “It explains these feelings I have for you.” John looked deep into Keira’s beautiful green eyes. The light hitting them made them sparkle like emeralds. John felt himself being drawn into them.

“Until now,” John brought a hand up and placed it gently on Keira’s cheek. “I didn’t understand why I loved you. I mean we just met and it didn’t make sense. But I guess this explains everything.” john leaned in a little closer, smiling.

“From the first moment I saw you in the club,” John’s voice took on a soothing tone. “I thought you were the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I didn’t even know what to say to you or how to talk to you. But none of that matters now.” John wrapped his arms around Keria’s waist and pulled her close.

“Keira, I love you.” Leaning in, John pressed her lips against Keira’s and kissed her deeply.

Mysteria
05-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Everything had happened so fast and in such a whirlwind that Keira literally didn't know what to think. The only thing that she did know that John was correct. Her feelings for him had seemed to be too strong for someone that she barely knew. Even though they had seemingly just met she had already felt safe around him.

"I don't understand it either John" she said looking up into his dark brown eyes "but I.." Keira looked down for a moment before looking back up "but I know what you mean. My feelings for you.."

Keira never got to finish that sentence as John interrupted with "I love you."

Leaning up into that kiss Keira left the kiss say the words back to him that she had yet to say. Both hands slid into his and again there was the tinkling sound of metal and as Keira broke the kiss and looked down she was drew a sharp breath "John...look.." There on both of their hands was now displayed two shiny gold wedding bands.

Keira began wondering to herself, what if their love was the key too solving this riddle? What if love really did conquer all? As she looked at John she realized by the expression on his face that he must have been thinking the same thing. Almost simultaneously they said in unison "Love conquers all?" With that they both fell into a fit of laughter until suddenly without any warning Keira stopped laughing and wrapping her arms around John's neck leaned up and pulled him in close as she whispered "I love you too." Her lips found his and within moments her tongue was snaking around his, dancing and searching as she melted into his arms.

John
07-06-2010, 05:40 PM
John kissed Keira deeply and felt as though he were in some perfect dream, which at this moment, he was. Somehow, despite clearly remembering promising himself that he would never get married, John had a wife. And in this moment, he knew that it was right and he had found the prefect woman.

John sighed contentedly, pulling Keira closer, tasting her lips against his. Everything about her was intoxicating. The smell of her perfume. The silkiness of her hair as he ran his fingers through it. The softness of her skin, as he kissed her neck, catching her skin in his teeth.

In one motion, John shifted his arms and picked Keira up. He held her close and kissed her deeply, probing her mouth with his tongue. John carried Keira into the bedroom and laid her gently on the bed, coming down over top of her. He ran his hands slowly up her sides and bent over, kissing her passionately.

(i suck at this)