PDA

View Full Version : [R] Time's Up [R] (sneakyonfoota and Excalibur)

mcstringer
01-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Rated for
Violence
Suggested Material
Language

sneakyonfoota
01-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Right, checking in.

I don't save my "sent" PMs, so if you still have my character idea would you please paste it into here?

Another thing I want to bring up is if the two heroes have had prior work experience of if this is their first mission together.

mcstringer
01-31-2010, 04:56 AM
I think I'm having my guy being one of the organization's former wizkids, taken at a young age for further development of his talents. The only opportunity he gets to be out and hang loose is when he's on a job and otherwise buries himself in forced training exercises, DVDs, books, comic books and games. Has a somewhat twisted sense of reality, given that he's taking his unusual job and place for granted now and his escapism into fictional media.

Whatever your character's skills are, his will exist to balance them out.

My guy 28 and is a member of America's Murim (probably misspelled), elite martial art praticioners that have gone far beyond the people that practice for mere sport. The originals crossed the seas with the Asian immigrants and stayed.
My character was taught these skills because the master saw his determination and will to survive. He was taught quickly to accept death in all its forms. He is not the strongest among them but his competence is enough to be feared. The government keep them hidden from the public for services rendered.

He plans on the fly, his determination and willpower are unmatched. He likes reading non-fiction history and alternate history books. He is the Historian of Armor and Weapons for the Jeffersonian Museum and part owner of Splash Night, a local nightclub. He is competent is a few foreign languages, but is not heavily fluent. This is from reading texts in different languages and world travel.

That is what we have for our heroes so far.

sneakyonfoota
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
How shall we start, then?

mcstringer
01-31-2010, 09:18 PM
I'd say the evil guy taking the time watch from the facility. Then go to the government recruiting us.
We might have gone on a few missions together, but not enough to be major pals and know each other by heart.

sneakyonfoota
01-31-2010, 09:24 PM
It's all you, then.

Do we need a CS skeleton and the details of our characters up first, or will we play it by ear?

mcstringer
01-31-2010, 09:49 PM
I think we need something with a name an picture at least.

sneakyonfoota
01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Not too fond of image hunting for images to use as a character reference. I tried using HeroMachine, but have yet to make one that I'm happy with. I do have a name for my main character, though.

Pi-Digamma (πϝ), aka "86" or "Pi" along with numerous other aliases depending on mission/cover story.

mcstringer
01-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Yah I know....grrr. Never figured out how to make HeroMachine work.

Mine 'll be called Malcom.

mcstringer
02-02-2010, 12:17 AM
DP Soooo I make a IC now?

sneakyonfoota
02-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Yes, please.

mcstringer
02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
I know this is corny, but if you don't have any other suggestions we will be working for SHIELD.

sneakyonfoota
02-02-2010, 02:45 AM
Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division it is.

mcstringer
02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey, an idea popped in to my head. Are you willing to play an oposite henchman to you?

Ex: I am setting up another Murim character playing for the bad guy.

Can you do the same?

It is up.

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2507

sneakyonfoota
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Profiles ahoy.

My reply to the IC will be up later today. Sorry for the delay.

Face:

• Name: Pi-Digamma (πϝ), aka "86" or "Pi"
• Race: Human, cyborg

• Physical Data: 86 stands at average height for an adult man

• Personal Data: The personal records for the SHIELD operative known as "86" are classified. All of his memories extending all the way to early childhood are of being a ward of SHIELD. Despite spending virtually his entire life training, honing and expanding his abilities, 86 seems oddly comfortable with his life as a SHIELD agent and remains upbeat--albeit somewhat disconnected with reality.

• Combat Data & Abilities: 86's cyborg implants are as follows:

- artificial eyes that can be replaced with relative ease
- a "brain jack" in the base of his skull for direct interface with cybernetic systems
- cybernetic arms below the elbow that can be removed and rapidly switched (if the mission calls for it, he will carry a suitcase full of extra fore-arms) with either cyborg or cybernetic limbs for different uses

Special forces training. Focused technical skills across a wide spectrum chosen for him by SHIELD.

On covert missions he wears an "immolation suit" (also known as a "cremater") that will completely incinerate his body in an intense internal combustion via the introduction of two volatile fluids into his corpse. The reaction is fast that the body is destroyed in under a minute and so potent that not even bones are left.

Believes that nanomachines makes everything better.

86's rank within SHIELD is "L-X" or "Level X", making him simultaneously an agent who's lower than low and higher than high--the practical upshot being that his rank is determined based upon the mission he is sent. Unfortunately for him, he is generally treated as a Level 1 (L-1) agent by the top brass and other personnel.

Heel:

• Name: Culex, aka "Skeeter"
• Race: Human, mutate (augment)

• Physical Data: A tall woman with a sickly complexion; both pale and yellowed as if diseased or dying. She wears a permanent rictus grin, showing off her overgrown maw filled with stained, dagger-like teeth and a long, snaking tongue. Her saliva seems to possess a sedative property and contains a great deal more mucus than average saliva. She is capable of instilling complete paralysis or unconsciousness in her victims if she bites them. She's never seen without a pair of auto-focal HUD goggles which seem to serve a variety of vision-enhancing purposes.

• Personal Data: ?

• Combat Data & Abilities: Her complete absence of a sense of combat style makes her a difficult opponent and ally. Skeeter is a vicious close-combat striker who seems to take things too far; at least when she's focused or motivated. Her specialty comes from her expertise with technology, making her valuable as a saboteur.

mcstringer
02-05-2010, 05:05 PM
????

sneakyonfoota
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm as confused as you are.

mcstringer
02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
You didn't write that?

sneakyonfoota
02-05-2010, 11:14 PM
You mean the reply to the IC thread? Yes, I did.

mcstringer
02-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Sorry Sneak. School caught me in a study tornado. Posting......again....@#$@ stupid
computer. New net YEA, problem fixed. (operating on several too many cups of coffee and hours of ME2)

sneakyonfoota
02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
S'okay. Priorities and all that. Standing by.

mcstringer
02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
You think you can make something with my post, or do I need to post again?

sneakyonfoota
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I've nothing add to that scene.

The only sensible thing I can do is get the ball rolling for our two main characters to meet. I'm open for suggestions regarding under what circumstances and how in the know each are regarding the mission.

mcstringer
02-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I was going to throw a OP meeting together and maybe like a personal bet thing. It is still in my head.

sneakyonfoota
02-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I can either do a pithy alone moment with 86 or allow you to edit your last post with the scene you mentioned when it was ready. Either way.

mcstringer
02-20-2010, 07:13 PM
K I just through somethin together.

sneakyonfoota
02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Did you want to play out a scene with Fury or just sort of get right to it and have our heroes get their info on the go?

mcstringer
02-24-2010, 06:56 PM
More like an informal meeting then a test to make sure that our skills had not softened during our "retirement". We get a techno-bracer that opens temporal gates, helps with language translation, tracks their energy signature, and is able to tells us where and when we are. It can track the signature because that is what the baddies stole from the installation. We have the last two.

sneakyonfoota
02-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Okay. Any brass, or will we be on our lonesome?

In any case I'll have a reply tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

mcstringer
02-26-2010, 03:53 AM
An aide, Fury, and Head Researcher (Female, Librarian Stripper HOT. Yah know the people that somehow make a lab coat and glasses sexy.) The Warm-up test set-up (a secret side bet) and our Time Braces.

sneakyonfoota
03-10-2010, 12:32 AM
What's the next stop in the plot?