PDA

View Full Version : In the Mouth of Insanity. OOC

Gabriel Zero
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/hikurito/4znzrk3.jpg

Plot:

Growing up the idea of extraterrestrial life was a joke. Little green men and flying saucers was the stuff of fairy tales. The only ones that believed in that sort of thing were the hairy men who lived in their mom's basement. Hell up until recently you had bigger things to worry about then Martians. However over the past few weeks you have been having the most bizarre nightmares imaginable. It's always the same thing you wake up in a cold sterile environment, almost like someone's operating table except the equipment is like nothing you've ever seen in a hospital. The nightmares differed but one thing remained consistent and that was the lack of control.

It was the feeling of helplessness that was the most terrifying. Looking back at the dreams whoever abducted you had turned you into a mindless puppet. You couldn't get angry or fight them if you wanted to, it wasn't almost like someone had slipped you a rufi. Only you could remember every thing they did you, their cold and emotionless exterior and lack of expression was maddening. Never before had you felt like someone else's experiment, as if you were just some lab rat to be toyed around with.

The nightmare continued long after you awoke. You didn't want to tell anyone about it because you thought it was crazy. Why would you subject yourself to ridicule or be labled as a crazy conspiracy theorist. Only this felt totally real and you were increasingly becoming afraid to sleep. No matter what you told yourself the nightmares still happened on a irregular basis. Sometimes a month would pass, sometimes two months would pass. They still came back for you.

Well this is a intro of sorts: *stare*

I haven't been in the roleplay circle for long then I can remember. So I figured in order to get those creative juices flowing again, why not participate in a roleplay with flexible and lenient rules? I couldn't think of a better place then my old stomping grounds. So old nostalgia aside I do have one minor pet peeve, if for any reason you dislike my post or if I unintentionally offended you please let's just work it out in private messages. Nothing kills a game faster then drama, and I would really like to keep it out of the game. I promise I will be compromising and the both of us can work out a agreement. No one goes home sad huh? :cowboy:

Please bare with me and lend me your patience, Like I said I haven't done this in a long time. I am rusty with my etiquette, but I do aim to please and I am in this for the long run. If you decide to give me a chance I will deliver a active roleplaying and the best story telling I can imagine.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/dimondust7/alien%20friends/3greys.jpg

Onto the fun stuff:

Here is a basic character sheet:

Name:
Appearance:

As for registration you are basically approved as soon as you post your sheet. You could use the above plot if you want and just tweak it to fit your preferences. Essentially I want the characters to be victims of a mysterious extraterriestial abduction. Whether these entities were benevolent or self serving is up to you. They don't even have to be in this third density dimension if you prefer. However it would be cool for all of our characters to have the tale of abduction under our belt.

From there I have some ideas of my own, but of course I will withhold them until we get the game going. Based on the character sheets we will play it by ear and of course have a blast creating the best science fiction mystery ever created.

Name: Henry Deacon

Background: Henry was always very much a loner and sometimes it felt not by choice. Despite being his own worst enemy he was generally a good guy to both his family and friends. After a bad relationship with his ex girlfriend he became isolated even further and dealt with his depression by drawing furiously in a attempt to not think about his problems.

What he didn't talk about was why his why his seemly perfect relationship didn't work out, and this was constantly reflected in his paintings. Nightmares that spun out of control, therapy that didn't work, and a increasingly deterioration of his once peaceful state of mind.

If one was to walk into Henry's art studio they would see what can only be expressed as tortured and tragic plea for help. Almost all of his blank canvases reflected his horrific nightmare visions.

Appearance:

Henry is meek and quiet, but has a silent demeanor could often be considered strong. Though his eyes often seem distant and far away, he is always thinking ten steps ahead. This has often been a asset when working with Henry since he could see a problem before most recognized it.

Behind the silent mask there is a kind and gentle man. His skin is quite pale since he spend a lot of time indoors in front of his computer working on his next artistic project. On his vacation he could be found in a art museum or book store researching his favorite spiritual topics.

One could consider Henry attractive since he does eat healthy his body is some what a normal weight. Henry was born with blonde hair and blue eyes, which made him popular with the ladies in high school. However he could never get over his apparent shyness which caused him to hide behind his school work and then later his career.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss161/Rikku2005/0b78e0eb.jpg

The IC TOPIC:

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=843213

Anne Bonny
01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I won't pass up a Gabriel Zero rp. :) Gimmie a few to do a character sheet and I'll be in!

Gabriel Zero
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
sounds exciting. this will be a lot of fun.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo284/IpomoeaViolacea/alex_grey.jpg

edit: another note,

This roleplay will be extremely easy going which is why I didn't add that many rules. It's going to be set in the present day, so average human characters are welcome. (in between the years 2002 and 2012)

Um other then that the main object is have fun. =P

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww77/3rdEYE_/images_third_eye.gif

Vampirequeen
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I've never been in a sci-fi RP before, but this one looks really interesting. I'll try to have a CS up tonight.

Gabriel Zero
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks. I look forward to reading it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/astraeos/MENTAL/AstralProjection.jpg

Edit:

For the most part this will be a sort of science fiction roleplay with strong metaphysical elements. There will be some conspiracy thrown in there too. Those familiar with astral projection or remote viewing, might be pleasantly surprised later on in the roleplay.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/violentpurge09/Astral_Projection_by_violentpurge09.jpg

Merry
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg

Gabriel Zero
01-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Thank you hon. =) I appreciate it.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/bacilmas/0004.jpg

Kris
01-13-2012, 11:15 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

SpaceChicken
01-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Oh, can I join? o:

Name: Giovanna Farina

Background: Giovanna recently graduated from a very nice university with an ecology degree. Of course, now she's working as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic while she looks for a "real job" more suited to her college-gathered knowledge. At the very least it pays for her own apartment, though she lives paycheck to paycheck. Fortunately, her parents have promised their house is open to her should she need to move back, but she hasn't needed to yet.

Giovanna's always been a bit of a quirky one, but the stress of the visions is wearing on her mental health badly.

Generally she enjoys the occasional night out at a bar with friends, reading, and puzzle games (such as Tetris, Sudoku, etc.)

Appearance: Olive skin and dark brown hair, naturally, though it's currently a bit two-toned between her natural color and blonde. She's 5 feet, 3 inches, and wears light, thin, silver-framed glasses that she can barely see without. She's on the chubby side, but pleasantly so. She chews her nails badly.

Is that good? >> Never can be quite sure with new things like this.

Gabriel Zero
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
That's perfect.

I'll start up the in character topic soon.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/destroyallmonster/The-Fourth-Kind-movie-pos-001.jpg

-----------------------

the IC TOPIC is up

edit: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=843213

bluemoon
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Name: Camille Lewis

Background: Mille had never known life to be anything but a challenge, and her sordid past was evidence of it. In and out of juvy as a child, she followed into her adult life in the same footsteps. Being in trouble with the law was her way of life until the fateful day when she was offered a chance to clear her record. A drug possession charge held over her head, she agreed to become a snitch to avoid lock-up.

To blend in with the lower class, Mille took advantage of low-rent housing and food stamps, even though her monthly allowance allowed her to live much better. She was foul-mouthed and had a “screw-you” attitude that made her blend in perfectly. A night owl, she frequented bars and night clubs, the alcohol helping her cope with her new life.

Appearance:

Slender and pale, Mille stands a little over 5’7”. She wears heavy make-up, creating a gothic look to her already ashen features. Hair black and long, she often wears it in braids with uneven bangs framing her face. Her clothing is black, sometimes accented with a bit of white, the fashion usually casual--cargo pants and a tank top very typical. Her eyes are a pale blue with lips painted dark crimson. Tattooed and pierced, her body is her canvas.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk257/winskunas/3d3dbabeartbeautifulbeautygirlgothicpiercingtattoo tattoos-548cf0c395016a51083f49232f3d8c4a_m.jpg

ThaliaFae
01-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Name: Moira River MacRonan

Birthday: February 7, 1991

Appearance (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/109/e/6/steel_turquoise_by_loish.jpg): (Click link for picture)
Mo is 5'4, 150 pounds. Years of working on her grandparents’ farm have given her a good amount of muscle. She has large hips which she does her best to hide, though she has no idea where they came from. Her mother is a good 3 inches taller than her and stick-thin; the running joke in the family is that girls either get the height or the curves.

She has strong features situated on a round face. Though her nose is a big large to be considered classically beautiful, it fits her face well. Strong but well-shaped brown brows frame large blue eyes, though her right one is more of a blue-green and her left is more of a grey-blue. It's not often anyone remarks on the difference; partially because her expression does not invite comments, and partially because people don't notice.

Mo has thick, wavy, chin length hair which she dyes steel blue on a regular basis. Her bangs are swept to the side and they often fall into her face, though she doesn't seem to mind. It always somehow looks just slightly damp, as if she had had a shower recently and let her hair air-dry. The past few years, she's been rather fond of the half-dreds look.

Her mother also gave her a medium skin tone, so it always looks like she has a mild tan. One of her only indulgences is lotion, so her skin is always in good health and soft-looking. Aside from a rather large mole on her knee, and dark freckles dotting her arms, Mo's skin is blemish-free.

Mo has tiny hands which are always cold. They're dwarfed by those of almost anyone over the age of 13. Playing instruments in school was particularly difficult, and she never got the hang of holding the guitar correctly. She keeps her nails cut short, though her cuticles are nearly always ragged and giving her grief.

She has a rather monochromatic wardrobe, with pieces consisting of grey, dark blue, dark green, black, and splashes of white. She refuses to wear any other color but black on her feet, and she won't wear heels on any but the most formal of occasions. On normal days, she can be seen in black motorcycle boots, dark pants and an oversized graphic tee, covered with a large cardigan or sweater. Her favorite cardigan is from her grandmother, and she can be seen in it regularly; it is cream coloured and made of a thick knit material, with horizontal stripes of sky blue and spring green in velvet.
She always wears a long, thin silver chain with various charms, normally tucked into her shirt. Besides this necklace, she doesn't wear metal and prefers hemp or leather thongs with beads or raw-cut smoothed minerals or stones for jewelry.

In the cold weather, she dons wool socks that she folds over her boots, grey knit fingerless gloves with a mitten flap lined in rabbit fur she uses to keep her fingers warm, a black knit cowl, and a black floppy hat that she says has "character", but everyone else says looks like it should be in the garbage. Her coat is a large parka, stuffed with down, and is also black (of course it is XD). It has "SECURITY" in large yellow thread letters on the back, and she delights in confusing people. It was her father's before becoming hers, though he didn't wear it much. All of the buttons are gone and the zipper is extremely uncooperative to the point of impossible, though normally, just wearing it open keeps her warm enough.

She has a number of small scars from her childhood. Growing up the middle child with three brothers, there wasn't much time to act girly. When she was 2, her brothers accidently hit her in the forehead with a bat, giving her a goose egg that didn't go down for days and a faint dent in her skull which you can still see when she wrinkles her brow. She fell on a pile of scrap metal in her grandparents’ back yard when she was 4, resulting in a gash under her chin. She split her ear open when she was 7, falling against her dresser, which is still tender and gives her problems in the cold. The next year, she fell on the base board radiator while wrestling and gashed open the soft part of her palm on the side, requiring 7 stitches and a hefty scolding. She acquired the last of her scars by 11, splitting her right eyebrow open by knocking her head off the coffee table. It was then her parents realized they should find something for her to do that didn't involve wrestling with her brothers and furniture. She was signed up for indoor soccer and skiing. Besides a few sprained ankles (which still affect her), a couple of concussions (one for each sport), and a broken leg (faulty release bindings on rental skis), she remained relatively injury-free, to the relief of her parents and their pockets.

She has one tattoo and one piercing in each ear. Her tattoo resides on her hip in a sprawling, simple, yet elegant, script.

Personality:
Mo is pretty much a loner by design. She keeps to herself and doesn't normally participate in extracurricular activities or even class discussions. She doesn't much like people as a rule, and her dour demeanor reflects that. She doesn't like kids, she doesn't like old people, and she most certainly does not like cuddly animals. She has one friend at her school, and they are quite close, though no one quite knows how they came to be. Unlike a lot of gruff people who are cold on the outside and gooey in the middle, she really is a **** most of the time, and she really doesn't like you, and doesn't want to like you. She warms up considerably to those she's close to, but good luck getting there. She never at any moment could be called "cheerful". Her moods range from grumpy to slightly less grumpy. It seems like she has a permanent frown on her face, and getting any sort of lengthy or straight answer out of her is a challenge, to say the least, especially if you're in a hurry.

She has lazy tendencies, but since she learns quickly and has a high intellect, she manages to pass her classes with relative ease. Her teachers often want more from her, more than she's willing to give. Wars bore her, and math is incredibly hard so she doesn't bother to try. The only way she's ended up passing that subject is because of her friend Cassie. Cassie does all the homework and she crams for tests. It keeps her just barely afloat. She specifically underachieves so people will underestimate her, though how that benefits her, only she knows. The one area she shines is in English. Her English teacher is rather like a second mother to her, and she often finds reasons to stay after school for that class.

Her three escapes are reading, fashion design, and music. It's a regular sight to see Mo's face stuck in a book, and she often reads during class, to the dismay of her teachers. Does she care? No. In fact, there's not much you can do to make her angry or to insult her. It's rather like talking to a tree most of the time. It's much more interesting to read than pay attention anyway. She's a fan of old mythology--particularly Gaelic (specifically the Tuatha De Danann) and Greek-- and fantasy fiction. Contrary to most people these days, she still prefers books on paper to handheld devices any day. She actually has quite a large collection on books printed on paper. She started playing the harp when she was quite small and learned on her grandfather's folk harp. When she decided that was definitely the instrument she was interested in at an older age, her parents got her a concert harp for school, though she still prefers the small one. She likes what it stands for, the culture behind it. Mo carries a sketchbook around in her pack, though she never takes it out during school. She keeps a close eye on it at all times, as though someone would suddenly grab her bag, rip it open and expose the fact that she has pages upon pages of pencil models and clothes. ((-_-)) She enjoys the use of patterns in her art, and often sketches them on her papers after tests, though she's refused any sort of art class. She doesn't like the idea of her favorite pastimes becoming work. They're a place she goes to when the world gets to be too much--which is quite often, apparently.

She is deeply intrigued with semiotics, specifically semantics. She's always looking for the meaning behind things and it's often that her friend and her brothers tell her to lighten up. She pays them no heed, normally, as it's rare when she accepts something at face value. As much as she doesn't like people, she is fascinated by the dynamics between humans, so she often looks at others not as a fellow man, but rather an interesting experiment. This causes some issues, as you can imagine.

History:
She was born in upstate New York, on a small plot of land in the middle of the country. It was quite often that she, her brothers, and her father would go and help her grandparents on the farm. In school, she was restless academic-wise, bored with the curriculum, but her teachers said she was still socially immature. ((She's still socially immature but don't tell her that >.>)) When she was ten, her parents divorced and in about the eighth grade, she began having real problems with the kids in school. It was decided the best course of action would be for her to change schools. She turned out to be quite fond of that idea, so she moved over the summer and lived with her aunt until graduation. She and Cassie decided to go to a local community college together where she has been ever since. She picked up a job at a record shop near the campus, and though she does her hardest to maintain a personable demeanor, her boss does have to coach her on how to handle customers and the like. She occupies the small apartment on the second floor.

Other:
~ Mo has frequent debilitating migraines. It's perhaps half due to the contacts she wears, but the other half no one can figure out. The doctors say it's stress, but she doesn't believe them. When she is in pain, her patience disappears but she quiets considerably. (Bittersweet victory X3)

~ Speaking of contacts, Mo has horrible eyesight. She doesn't own any glasses, so she depends heavily on not losing her contacts. Without them, everything is blurry three inches past her face. She can see general shapes and colors, but if it came down to recognizing people based on facial features, forget it.

~ She has a crippling fear of heights--to the point that standing on a chair is extremely unappealing—and she is very uneasy being around most furry animals.

~ Years of playing the harp have led her to acquire a fairly decent set of skills with her hands. They're very steady and can fix delicate things with aplomb.

~ She's always loved magicians and has some skill with lock-picking and sleight of hand.

A bit...lengthy X3 But a good start nonetheless. Had some issues getting it typed the first time but I'll get a post up sometime tomorrow.

Lovely to meet you all
^^

Gabriel Zero
01-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Wow. That is a really awesome character sheet.

Moira sounds like me on some days, I usually range from grumpy to slightly less grumpy myself. I look forward to seeing her and her friend Cassie in the game soon. Welcome aboard!

bluemoon
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I love the way our characters are being brought together. It's going to be really interesting when they all finally meet. Poor Henry will have to deal with a whole bunch of girls...LOL!!

ThaliaFae
01-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Not going to lie, that was pretty genius, Gabriel, how you decided to meet at the record shop

<33

Gabriel Zero
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
This rp is turning out to be really cool.

ThaliaFae, I really like how much attitude your character has. Can't wait to see what Moira thinks of Henry in person. I'm pretty sure he'll be speechless when he hears what she has to say.

Do you guys have any themes for your characters? Here is one that I think fit's Henry pretty well.

Link: http://youtu.be/KiCV22Nyd8Y

SpaceChicken
01-19-2012, 01:51 AM
This is totally enjoyable. (:

ThaliaFae
01-19-2012, 04:24 AM
As a note to bluemoon--what the heck nicks do you guys go by? I tend to make up my own for people anyway X3--I apologize for not acknowledging you, but light inside, dark outside, means me no see you TT.TT

Though, if Mo saw movement, she'd be peering outside as she did with Miss Farina

bluemoon
01-20-2012, 03:38 AM
To Thalia: Nicks...as in nicknames, I presume? My character goes by Mille mostly, but Cammie has also been mentioned. I am perfectly fine with Moira not seeing Camille--I was not expecting anyone to see her, so much as feel her presence perhaps.

To Gabriel: I do not have a theme song for my character. I usually pick a song to listen to while I write a post, and I replay it until I finish. Most recent songs:
Christina Perri, A Thousand Years
Gotye, Somebody I Used To Know
I admit, they are not typical songs to write to, but they set my mood. C:

ThaliaFae
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I meant y'all's nicknames. Can't be calling you 'bluemoon' all the time. I'm lazy like that XD

I love A Thousand Years <3

I'm not big on theme songs, usually...I'm really bad at instrumentals.

bluemoon
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Oops...sorry. I am usually called Moon, but a few have referred to me as Blue. I am cool with either.

Gabriel Zero
01-21-2012, 12:51 AM
This is one of the NPC's that I've been using to advance the plot of my character. Feel free to use them as you wish to help advance your character's plot. For example Space Chicken can use the following character "John", by having him message her back and let her know where Henry Deacon is at the moment. Please feel free to use both John and Julia as you feel necessary.

Name: Jonathan C. Andrews

Appearance : John is well groomed and very business like in appearance. He is litterally the complete opposite of his best friend Henry Deacon in that sense. On the back of his right shoulder blade he has a simple cross, which he got during his heavy religious phase in his life. He carries with his his wedding ring on his left index finger. His shoes are sparkling clean and he gets antsy when someone steps on them. His business suit is freshly pressed without any wrinkles or lint, he gets anxious around animal's with shedding fur.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk361/Amun_Lauren/Jeremy%20Piven/13.jpg

Personality: John is a very direct man who doesn't pull any of his punches. John's world is grounded in the five sense reality, if he couldn't be proved by scientific means then it wasn't real. In some ways this made John a very materialistic man, always on to the next bigger and better thing. Despite that John is very loyal to his friends, especially to the ones he has known for a long time. There is no length he won't go for someone he considers to be like family. In his heart his family comes first, then his job and all the responsibilities attached to it.

History: John had grown up in poverty, his parents were both drug addicts. On most night he spent living with Henry Deacon at his parents house. The lack of money is what drove John to work hard so he would never do without again. Even though he was a grade ahead of Henry, the two of them became best friends and looked out for each other. Both of them attended the same college, then after John looked out for Henry as his publicist and adviser. Most recently John moved to New York after meeting and falling in love with Amanda Serling.

Other:

John is happily married to Julia Serling's sister, Amanda Serling.
John loves most indie music and movies.
John goes to the gym almost constantly, he is very self conscious.
John loves handheld videogames, his current obsession is the 3DS

Name: Julia Serling

Appearance: Julia has wavy short blonde hair, complimented by dark blue eyes. Her clothing is very much considered "new age", she wears loose fitted clothing. She is usually seen with flip flops on, dressing very casual and laid back. This is mostly because she is lazy, not trying to make a fashion statement.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac22/CSI_Miami-Dade_Addict/Marley%20Shelton/mme97ddc03cd9c9fd2.jpg

Personality: Julia is very much a outdoors person, she loves riding her bicycle and going on hikes. When she is indoors she tries to keep herself busy by cooking. If she is nervous or stressed out she usually ends up baking a lot. Her bubbly personality comes off as cute to some and annoying others. Julia can be very emotional sometimes, thus she gets her feelings hurt when she is not careful.

History: Julia has always been fascinated with psychology and hypnotism. Her parents were very spiritual and knowledgeable about the metaphysical, which only served to further her interests and inspirations. Her mother encouraged her when she was young and she started practicing hypnosis at twelve years old. She managed to become a licensed trained hypnotist at 21 years old, then adding other services under her belt since then. (Such as Reiki)

Other:

Despite briefly being introduced to Henry at John and Amanda's wedding, Henry doesn't remember meeting her.
Julia introduced John to her sister at a nightclub located in Upstate New York.
Julia loved dogs, especially Greyhounds.
Julia has a huge clientele of people who visit her for therapy, including famous celebrities.

Enfilon
01-21-2012, 12:52 AM
are you still accepting

Gabriel Zero
01-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Do Grey's have gigantic heads? C:

the answer is yes...... *eyebrow*

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg247/mygray13/alien4.jpg

Enfilon
01-21-2012, 12:57 AM
cool, i'll have a CS up before tomorrow

SpaceChicken
01-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the info, Gabriel Zero. Very cool.

Shepherd
01-23-2012, 08:12 AM
This Roleplay has been featured as one of this week's Roleplays of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/site.php)!

Lox
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Since I'm as obsessed with aliens and conspiracy theories as one can be without being a geek (fyi, I'm a mean, lean epic coolness machine. >_> ) I'll whip up a character sheet right away! :D

Edit: And here he is!

Name: Kyle Simmons

Background: Simmons always was a troublemaker. Growing up in South Central was tough. Growing up by yourself was tougher yet. Simmons always shunned the gangs, considering it equal to weakness to join one. As a young orphan he survived by stealing. As a teenager, he started his criminal career doing armed robberies with some friends, and soon, it turned out he was damn good at it too. Until the day he got caught. Fortunately for him, the crime he was arrested for was not robbery, but possession of a stolen weapon. Facing the choice between doing time, or serving time, he choose the latter, escaping prison by enlisting with the US Marine Corps.

Most people were reformed by the US military. But while others were reformed, Simmons was merely refined from a diamond in the rough, into a perfectly shaped professional. After being kicked out of the military for selling US military weapons to criminals three years later, he was sent to Leavenworth to do time. A long time. He spent seven years in Leavenworth, before he was released. At that time he had grown stronger and wiser, and instead of returning to his old line of work as a bank robber, he chose to become a drug runner, or rather, a transporter of drugs for a major Mexican drug cartel. When the daughter of his boss, a woman he had become involved romantically with, was killed in a car bomb - an assassination attempt at her father, his boss - he left Mexico, and his criminal life behind him, his soul shattered by the pain of the loss.

Having returned to his hometown of Los Angeles, with the intentions of actually trying the straight and narrow path for once, Simmons took work as a bodyguard and private eye, mainly taking work from female victims of domestic violence, not a very well-paying job, but one that made him feel good morally. That is, until the nightmares began. Nightmares of torture, surgery and medical operations, white operation rooms, and a lack of control. They came more and more frequently, waking him up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat.

One day he couldn't take it anymore. He began to spend his nights surfing the Internet, searching for some manner of obscure 'truth', the true nature of his nightmares. Eventually, he began surfing on conspiracy websites, and his life became a double one - on the days a bodyguard trying to make up for his violent past - and on the nights an amateur hacker obsessed with conspiracy theories.

Appearance: Dark hair and beard with sharp dark eyes. Muscular body with long, wiry muscles. Usually wears dark suits with neutrally colored shirts, and rarely any acessories other than a simple metal wristwatch.

http://b.imagehost.org/0882/tumblr_ldsmxqBXiO1qegcxlo1_500.png

Edit to add: I thought I read somewhere something along the lines of characters not needing approval. So I made a first post. Hope I didn't misunderstand anything, and sorry if I did. >_<

Ali DellaLuna
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
At 5'7'' and 130 pounds, twenty-four year old Annie Brannon, at first glance, would seem like a perfectly normal, young woman. Tall, slender, her light grey eyes and pale skin are offset by high cheekbones, and full lips. All of which are framed by her Great-gramma Brawnwin's thick red hair, which she keeps cut in a chin length bob--so much less to fuss about.

Yet if one looks further, there is an otherworldly quality to her that makes it seem as though she's not completely there. Generally a loner, she floats in and out of conversations when others are around her, and it's not unusual for her to abruptly leave in the middle of a conversation--even while the other person is still speaking. And as she avoids people, other than children, they avoid her as well. Adults find her off-putting, unsettling. Though no less so than she finds them, to be honest. Even in a rainstorm, it seems she'll barely get wet, as if the drops themselves avoid hitting her.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z404/bainecoolwater/f10669c7.jpg

The first time, that THEY came, she was sixteen. The lights were bright, over bright really. Annie Remembered. She had been a promising student, advanced studies. In her junior year at her father's alma mater, Penn State, though he wanted a more prestigious University, she wanted continuation--family tradition. Let's go Lions! Besides, it was close to home, and still and all, she was sixteen.

She was able to shrug off the first episode, after a few sleepless nights and exhaustion forced her into some dreamless sleeps and nothing happened again. In fact, nothing happened for months. Then, in a matter of a few weeks, during her last semester it happened every time she feel asleep...or so it seemed.

Managing to still graduate with top honors, she returned home only to collapse there from exhaustion. The doctor's said things like, bi-polar, and cognitive dissociative seizures, and .. personality disorder, and the one that made her mother cry hardest... psycho effective something. But, she knew the truth, though pretended to take the medications. Unable to continue in her studies, or even work in her chosen field due to the status place on her by the mental health community and the community at large, Annie started an at home computer business, buying lots of reduced price items and selling them for a higher-yet still reasonable price at online auction sites. It became very lucrative, and allowed her to sleep or not as she could, and spend the rest of her time online searching. Maybe she could find someone, anyone who could tell her what they were. There had to be someone.

Another thing the job allowed her? It also allowed her to be mobile, to travel from one place to another, trying to keep one step ahead of "THEM." If they couldn't catch her, "Oh God," they couldn't haunt her, destroy her sleep. At least, some of the time anyway.

Death of Korzan
01-24-2012, 11:11 PM
This is a really nice RP :)

Gabriel Zero
01-25-2012, 02:10 AM
I really love the character sheets posted by DellaLuna and Lox. I read through both of them early this morning, it made me excited for the posts that the both of you will create in the future. No worries on needing my approval to post in the in character topic, I'm keeping this game open for as long as possible.

Lox I am very happy to meet another fan of the mystery surrounding UFO's. Have you ever read Whitley Strieber's Communion novel? It is some pretty heavy stuff, that I pull a lot of my ideas from.

You character Kyle Simmons is a welcomed bad ass and a happy edition to the team. I'm sure his weapon training will come in handy, especially when things start to heat up later on in the game. Having at least one person with combat knowledge will help the story out immensely. I read through your first post and I was genuinely pleased with how he reached out to my character. I'm eagerly looking forward to how everything plays out.

DellaLuna I really sympathized with your character, it seems that isolation plays a huge factor into those who have their lives effected by the "others". I must admit when I started this game, I wanted to avoid using the word "alien" as much as possible. Because honestly at lest my character doesn't know what they are exactly. Especially since each abduction on it's own is disorienting enough to not be certain of anything.

Anyway I hugely enjoyed your character sheet and I appreciate you joining my game. This looks like it will be a lot of fun for all of us.

:popcorn:

Thanks Korzan, I really appreciate it. X3 Feel free to join up if you have the free time.

Ali DellaLuna
01-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Thanks Gabe, So, I am going to work on my first post for Annie. :) Do you want me to brainstorm it with you? Or just go ahead and post? I can't PM as of yet so I will have to do it here with you. ;king14;

I would like it to be just some background on her... I don't want her to yet find any of the other characters, and possible have her interact with someone else writing in the story since you've made contact with someone, if that would be ok with you.

If it is, and anyone else is reading this and would like to have the two come together somehow, let me know and we can work out a plot that would/could take them forward to meeting David. It could, but doesn't need to be romantic in nature.

thanks, ~hippie~

~Ali

Gabriel Zero
01-26-2012, 10:45 PM
That stinks that you can't message me yet! Don't worry though, you can ask me whatever you want in this thread. It's perfectly fine with me that your character meets with someone else later on. I don't mind if Annie and Henry don't meet up until much later in the story. It seems like just about anyone could meet up with your character since Henry Deacon is a bit isolated at the moment.

We can brainstorm in this topic together whenever you feel like it. But you don't need my permission to post, I want you to have the freedom to do what you want. I do have plenty of ideas and we can brainstorm plenty when you reach member status

I know your character is on the move right now, perhaps you could stumble upon Lox's character Kyle Simmons? Poor Kyle just passed out in front of a book store. :C I know you said you wanted to hold off on meeting another character yet, but I wasn't sure about how you wanted to end your first post. Again whatever you decided is good with me.

Thanks again for joining our game.

:cowboy:

Gabriel Zero
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
There is still spots left for new people.

http://www.crystalinks.com/grayeyes2.jpg

Lox
02-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Sorry for the delay in the reply. I'll have one up sometime later today. ;)

Gabriel Zero
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Cool Lox.

I'll probably get up a post as Richard Dolan today or tomorrow.

Lox
02-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Sorry for the delay, Gabriel. I was struggling from a temporary case of Xbox 360-addiction. XD

Gabriel Zero
02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Oh I know that addiction very well myself, I'm trying to resist the temptations of Fallout New Vegas myself. Take all the time you need, the game isn't going anywhere.

Here is our new character.......

Name: Richard M Dolan

Appearance: Richard has the neurotic tendency to be a perfectionist. His quite demeanor masks that his mind is always trying to calculate the odds of a certain situation. Though he is in his fifties Richard looks surprisingly good for someone his age. His facial features even though rugged, are clear and full of life.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/jennycakes23/walken/christopher-walken-2.jpg

Personality: Richard is very much the epitome of patience and calmness. It is perhaps his contact with forces not of this world that has led to his enlightened state of mind. Richard is not able to become excited or shaken up, because he literally has nothing to fear.

History: When Richard was a boy he was visited by a race of benevaloent ET's that warned him of the secret war that has been going on for a long long time. Much to the horror of of his parents he would go inexplicably missing for days and sometimes weeks. During that time Richard became a servant for the beings of higher dimensions, he did what he could to tell his story through writing.

Other: Though Richard Dolan's books are well known, his first several books had to be sold under fiction just to become popular. (This was basically forced upon Richard by his publicist.) Thus the majority of the population think Dolan is full of shit.

SpaceChicken
02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
RICHARD'S 52?!?!?! Hahaha sorry, just he looks barely 20 in the picture there XD

Lox
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Agreed. Hahaha. I guess he keeps his years well. XD

Gabriel Zero
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
True True.

I suppose the new picture suits him better. ;)

Gabriel Zero
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Great posts everybody

I will try to get another one up soon.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) BLAAAAAAAAARGH

bluemoon
02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Name: Philip Mako (NPC)

Background: Mako is a career cop and a failed family man. The criminal element is where he feels most at home, so he avoids his wife and child by working late nights and extra shifts. He enjoys hitting the streets looking for vermin and using his authority to keep the city safe. At least that is what he wants everyone to believe. He is actually quite crooked, caring little for the people he is suppose to serve and taking bribes and pocketing evidence if it suits his needs. There are few pots that he doesn’t have his greedy fingers dipped into.

Appearance:

Middle-aged and sporting a beer gut, Mako's body is beginning to show the softer side of his age. His face is hardened and set, fine lines starting to creep in from his constant frown. He keeps his head shaved and his clothes are typically dark--a black t-shirt and black leather jacket over navy blue jeans are his norm. Despite his increasing weight, Mako is quite strong and quick on his feet. His cold blue eyes are typically narrowed with brow furrowed.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk257/winskunas/Mako.jpg

Enigma
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Let me know if this too extreme.

Name: Tamara Bakhvalova
Background: Tamara, daughter of Sergi (deceased) and Dariya (deceased), sister to Gregor (17) and Kira (deceased). Parents ran a hotel supply business, with run-ins with Lester Weis, a local crackpot with an insect phobia and obsession with his appearance, who believed the Bakhvalova family were selling insect tainted products to the local hotels after a bed bug infestation was discovered at several motels they serviced.

Developed a crush when she was nine for Professor Woods, her English Teacher - who appeared not to notice.

At 14, she managed to pick the cabinet lock for the booze locker and sneak out some warm imported beer and wine coolers to her friends, then later accepted a drunken dare to explore an abandoned haunted house. What she found living in the basement was Lester Weis' worse nightmare - a giant insect that was bigger than the both of them. She screamed and fainted. Tamara briefly regained consciousness to find the giant insect talking with one of the local cats. When they noticed she was conscious, the insect pointed a rod at her and she blacked out again. When her friends finally told an adult what had happened and came back, they found her lying unconscious on the porch.

Police found nobody inside, decided she had a run-in with some homeless people camping out inside, gave her a warning for underage drinking and closed the case. But Tamara kept insisting what had happened was real. Her family became concerned for her, especially after catching her demanding answers from a stray cat. They took Tamara to see a mental health counselor, Leon Greene, who listened very gravely to her story, then recommended to her parents that Tamara go to the Lamb Psychiatric Centre for 72 hour observation. She stayed there for almost three years.

She was miserable in the Centre. The staff didn't care, the menu mostly cold sandwiches, the rooms were chilly but she wasn't allowed to wear shoes unless going outside, she had to beg her parents to bring her socks. The only comfort was Pauline English, another patient, who took Tamara aside one day after group and told her she believed her. She also had alien encounters, been implanted and locked up by the government to keep her quiet about the alien agenda. Tamara's first impression was Pauline was insane - but slowly over time realized Pauline, like her, had run into something totally crazy and was coping the best that she could.

Finally out, Tamara was hoping to resume her normal life - but that was not meant to be. She soon discovered her parents were bribing her brother and sister to keep an eye on her. Her former friends wanted nothing to do with her - in school they called her the "Crazy Girl". Tamara tried to avoid the cat, but would catch sight of it watching her from time to time. When the cat saw her looking back, it would stare for a moment, then nod and walk off.

After a month, Tamara was desperate to get out of the house and away from the prying eyes, so bribed her sister to take her to the mall, then let her roam freely. It was on her way to the food court to rejoin her sister that a guy bumped into her that she vaguely remembered seeing visiting at the Centre. She didn't notice the package he slipped inside one of her shopping bag as he apologized profusely, or the two drug cartel members following after him. When they finally cornered him and realized he didn't have the package he was to give them, they remembered and went after her. When they saw Tamara climbing into her parents' minivan with her sister, they made a call to one of their men waiting outside. A large pickup truck slammed into the minivan before it could reach the parking lot exit. The driver got out and shot both parents, still dazed from the impact and the air bags going off. And then he pointed his gun at the girls, demanding their shopping bags. Tamara was barely conscious, her left leg pinned by the twisted metal and her head bleeding from where she slammed it into the side of the car. Kira, hysterical, handed out the shopping bags she could find but missed one of Tamara's. When he couldn't find the missing package and hearing sirens, he shot Kira and left.

Firemen managed to pry her free from the twisted remains of the minvan and rushed her to the hospital. Surgeons however were unable to save her left leg and eye. When she regained consciousness, she found herself handcuffed by her good arm to her bed - the police had found the package in her shopping bag, it was full of prescription painkillers reported stolen weeks before from Lamb Psychatric. The prosecutor charged her as an adult. Unable to explain where the drugs had come from, she was convicted and sentenced to seven years at Rhodes Minimum Security Prison Camp, spending most of her time there as a resident of the prison's hospital ward. She spend most of her time learning how to palm items, pick locks and pockets from the other inmates recovering in the ward and earning her GED. Her brother, grandparents, aunts and uncles never came to visit, never sent her any letters or packages.

In her sixth year, they let her go to a half-way house on conditional parole, but got sent back after missing a bed check. She claims she was sleeping in bed, but police told her they'd personally searched the entire room and wouldn't have missed a sleeping one-legged, one-eyed girl no matter how ugly she was. Still, she didn't have crutches or a prosthetic leg and the police couldn't explain how Tamara had managed to avoid them for so long when her wheelchair was still by her bed when they searched.

Appearance: This hateful girl has one deep-set green eye. Her fine, wavy, charcoal-colored hair is very short and is worn in a practical style. She has an elegant build. Her skin is pale. She has thin eyebrows. Her wardrobe is uncomplicated.

EDIT: You said that we were automatically approved for posting so I did so. I hope I haven't upset anyone. The language is Pig Elvish, where the first letter of the word is moved to the back, any word shorter than three letters get 'en' added to it, all "k's" become "c's", and all vowels get accent marks. I'll not do it much after this, I promise.

“Lássc, áthérg óúndr" translates to "Class, gather round". Because of her "tag" (agten), she was accidentally grabbed by an anthropology class studying primitive humans.

Here's the English version.

Tamara couldn’t move anything except her one good eye. Instead of her warm, lumpy bed, she felt the cold chill of metal under her – a work table. One that could be rinsed off. They’d taken her again. A bright light was shining down on her, hiding the room in gloom, but she could see things moving in the shadows. They were waiting.

“Class, gather round,” a strong, command voice said above her. The shadows boiled, and then the Others stepped out into the light. Many different creatures, in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Tamara frowned, her eye sweeping the crowd and the few details she could make out in the shadows. She couldn’t be sure – but did someone else steal her from her bed this night?

“Look at it, it’s hideous!”
“It’s deformed, surely?”
“What happened to its leg?”
“It looks female, but the reproductive organs are missing!”
“What do those markings mean on its skin?”
“You mean scars?”
“No, the pictograms!”
“If that is quite enough?” The strong voice interrupted. “As you may have noticed, this subject is not like the others we have examined. This one has experienced severe injury.”
“Why did they leave it like this?”
“Yeah, why didn’t they kill it?”
“No, I mean why haven’t they replaced the leg?”
“While this subject is from one of the more developed societies on this planet, they are still very primitive. The best they could do is to strap on a false limb to give this creature some semblance of normalcy.”
“Wouldn’t it have been better to let it die than suffer like this if they could not make it whole?”
“This culture does not believe so.”
“Why has it marked itself with colors?”
“Some of them like to mark themselves like this, usually as a rite of passage after a great ordeal. Are there any other questions? No? Then let us begin. Recorder? Please scan the subject and obtain its tag.”
“Yes sir,” a shape said, stepping closer into the light. It waved a ring over her, paused, and then did it again. “Sir, I cannot find this tag.”
“You there, give it a try.”
“Yes sir!” another shape said, taking the ring from the first and waving it over her head again. And a fourth time. “It’s not working!”
“What do you mean it’s not working?” A hand, larger and more mottled with gray than any she’d seen before took the ring and held it over her head. “Okay, it’s read the code… What? 'Not found'? How can it be 'not found'?”

“You will stop,” instructed a new voice. Cold chills filled Tamara’s being. Even after being kidnapped by some other creatures for whatever dark purposes they had, it had still found her…!

“What is this? You are intruding on a University…”

“This is not one of your tagged study creatures,” the new voice hissed. “This one belongs to me, and I am taking it back!”

Gabriel Zero
02-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Awesome! Welcome to the game!

Glad to have you aboard! =) Catching up on the game today, hopefully I will get a post ready soon.

Enigma
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks. ^ _ ^ should be interesting

Sy23
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Quenten Bradshaw Farley

Despite the impression he gives, Quenten (or "Q as he prefers to be known) is not some sort of a boy genius. If he'd ever been bored enough to take an IQ test, he guesses he'd probably score slightly above average, but nothing spectacular. What he does have though, and has had since he was born, is unbridled curiosity. Because he is interested in so many things, memorizes most of what he's read and seen and synthesizes facts together to make new and interesting concepts, he sometimes seems to be some kind of creative superman. He denies it. He's right.

Q was born 17 years and a few months before this story begins, in an inner suburb of London. Both parents were of very definite working-class origin, and his early childhood was one of poverty and repression. Neither parent was particularly cruel, they just lacked the touchy-feely feeling that makes for a loving cosseted childhood. Because he was a bit of a weirdo, Q tended to get picked on at school a lot, and soon learned how to fight dirty, just to make bigger boys leave him alone. He also found that cultivating a quick wit, a fund of dirty jokes and an air of confidence were better tools than fighting for keeping him unmolested. Academically, he was far from brilliant - he got bored too quickly - but when a particular topic interested him, he could talk so eloquently on it that a bright future was predicted to him. The usual stuff about "if only he's try harder" filled every school report.

He had other nasty habits too. He was an obsessive masturbator, a serial looker-up of girls' dresses with an underwear fetish, and addicted to porn that he downloaded every chance he got. But he'd read an underwear catalog with equal relish!

The dreams began when he was thirteen. He'd read a bit about alien abduction, and recognized it when it came, but there were a few surprises in store for him. To start with, the aliens were not green men with huge heads and gigantic eyes, like the Intel ads. These were tall, blond, and the women were - kinda sexy! And they did not seem interested in anal-probing him or mistreating cows. On the contrary, they taught him all sorts of stuff. But when he tried to tell people about it, they either laughed, or looked at him strangely or, in the case of his father, belted the shit out of him. He responded to this in the obvious manner by keeping his gob shut fast.

After his 17th birthday, the dreams began to intensify. And then one day, things got really out of hand. There was the familiar feeling, he displacement, the loving, caring hands of the aliens - and then a huge gap. What went wrong, he has no idea. All he knows is, he woke up in a strange city, somewhere in the United States, where he knows no-one and has no idea what to do next. And he calls out to the aliens - and silence is the only response, even in his dreams.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/Sy23/hoodie2.jpg

Sy23
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
(alien interference with RPA made me post twice - sorry!)

Gabriel Zero
02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Approved. Thank you for joining our game!

I'm sorry I haven't been active that much, I've been busy fighting the evil data base errors.

I'm reading everything right now and I promise to have a new post before the weekend is over.

Sy23
02-19-2012, 05:11 PM
OK, got my first post up - I've had to very slightly metagame Julia Sirling, to make her maybe still at the office at the time Q arrives, and I hope this is acceptable. If not, let me know and I'll edit / rewrite as required. After some thought, this seemed the easiest way to get my character into the action...

bluemoon
02-26-2012, 05:15 AM
It's been a week now without any posts...are we done here? I surely hope not, but I am at a stand-still until Gabriel's character responds to mine.

Sy23
02-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Blue, I'm in the same position - I can't do anything until Gabe tells us if Julia is in her office or not.

bluemoon
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Last I recall, Julia was in her car with Space Chicken heading back to her home. But, that was some time ago and there have been no posts written off of it.

Sy23
02-27-2012, 02:12 AM
But Q went to her office many hours after that - she might have returned, or alternately Q may have to go to her home. That's if anything happens from this point, which after a week, unfortunately, seems unlikely - (sigh0 another great RP died!

Enigma
03-03-2012, 01:01 AM
I think all the problems with the site servers is what's got Gabriel tied up. *sigh*

Sy23
03-04-2012, 12:22 PM
That would figure, unfortunately. Still, it means the game hasn't died...

Gabriel Zero
03-24-2012, 09:57 PM
I Apologize.

Up until yesterday I was without a computer. =(

Sy23
03-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I had a computer, but no reliable connection - I'm back in if things are still running.

bluemoon
03-26-2012, 03:11 AM
It seems things are back up and running--especially since Gabriel has a new post up. :) I will try to get a post up soon. I am a bit over-whelmed right now with life and RPs, but I will get to it.

Gabriel Zero
03-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Don't worry.

My life is crazy hetic too and I won't be able to post every day either. But I promise to stay as active as possible.

Gabriel Zero
04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I think the last post was a good wrap up for Act one of the roleplay. We can end this game with this spot with the majority of the characters moving to a better place. If we choose to continue the game we can start a new sign up topic with Act two. I'm going to move this game to the "finished" section.

=)

Sy23
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Good call - hopefully IQ will play more of a role in chapter 2