PDA

View Full Version : [M]Ravenloft - Night of the Walking Dead(OOC)

John
01-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Rated M for possible violence, blood, gore, sexual situations, gnomes.

Disclaimer(statement made to save one's own ass) Dungeons and Dragons, Ravenloft and Night of the Walking Dead are the property of Wizard's of the Coast and were originally published by TSR.

In a rain-soaked graveyard, a small group of men stands around a coffin bound with heavy chains. "We are here to mourn the passing of Jean de Cardeau," intones the village priest. "Let us pray that his rest is eternal, and that he never returns."

As the pallbearers lift the coffin, something scrapes on the wood from the inside. Quickly, and without emotion, the attendants slide the casket into a crypt. They then seal the door and flee. Behind them, unheard, a dull thudding begins, growing louder with the onset of twilight. There can be no peace for those who linger in the earthly realm after death. And there can be no sanctuary on the Night of the Walking dead

So here it is, our first Ravenloft Adventure. Well, the OOC anyway. The IC will be coming soon(hopefully 24 hours) I would like to remind everyone to level up to level two before starting this. Anyone who needs help, post in your character thread and I'll get there as soon as I can. Or post here as I do need the traditional post here to let me know that you're in.

Meinolf
01-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Rated M for possible violence, blood, gore, sexual situations, Mendel.

Yes!! Honorable mentions! :D

Enigma
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
So I've got to level up my character to level 2? Can I make some equipment changes? It sounds like I'll need to carry some stakes and holy water with me....

John
01-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Unless you head back to the castle, there's no way to get new items at the moment. However, there is a place in the module where you will be able to buy some things if you feel you need to.

Meinolf
01-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Rolled a 2 for Mendels hit points. With a +1 from his 15 Constitution, his total hit points should be at 12 now. I updated his turn undead. For his new first level spell, I put down Purify Food & Drink/Putrefy Food & Drink.

Korvis
01-13-2012, 12:14 AM
i dunno if that qualifies as honorable, lmao... but i rolled a 3 :) what else do i need to do?

Tune
01-13-2012, 12:24 AM
... I only rolled a 1 for hit points ;_; There goes the chance of being good at dice rolls again.

Meinolf
01-13-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't think anyone has rolled well on their hit die yet. Just take heart in the fact that if we get our Con scores high enough, it will raise these low rolls up a bit. ;)

John
01-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Why can't I find how many points thieves get for their abilities when they level up? Is it 15?

Meinolf
01-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Here you go;

Each time the thief rises a level in experience, the player receives another 30 points to distribute. No more than 15 points per level can be assigned to a single skill...

John
01-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks dude. Korvis, there ya go.

Korvis
01-13-2012, 05:46 AM
i added 3 points to my hp, 15 to pick pockets, 5 to move in shadows, and 10 to move silently.

Mask
01-17-2012, 04:06 AM
i think my character is ready :P

John
01-17-2012, 05:03 AM
The Ic will be up tonite before I go to bed. Would have been up yesterday but I'm stupid and lost the post before I could put it up. Sorry for the delay all.

John
01-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Aaaaaaand, it's up.

Mask
01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
im going to read a bit of castle greyhawk's stuff so i can kinda see how the posting with dice rolling worked then i'll get a post up

:P

Meinolf
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
General thoughts on Mendel's first post; the little gnome makes it to dry land, coughing and sputtering the swamp water, and will start drying off. Once he notices the storm clouds, he will begin to give orders for the other adventurers to start getting the raft tied up onto the oars to create a makeshift shelter to hold out against the storm. Since I watched blazing saddles recently, I was also planning a joke comment about elven work songs as well... :D

I'll try to get a full post going when I have a bit more time, but at least now y'all know what my plans are. ;)

By the way, who all are here now? Mendel, Morwyn, Sabine, Alicia, Kass, Eccawen, Gilder and Pip, correct?

John
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM
That is correct. And just to clarify, the storm is coming. I'll let ya know when it actually arrives XD

Korvis
01-18-2012, 05:49 AM
what about the rest of us :|

is this a mendel only rp??? lmao jk ofc... but for serious @.@ what happened to us.

::edit::
oh my... how did i miss an entire chunk of the intro O.O im reading it again. seems i missed that part, lol

John
01-18-2012, 07:19 AM
The giant caught sight of Gilder only cause it didn't see Kass. I didn't mean to exclude anyone, but I also didn't want to do a huge amount of detail and turn it into a five page post,.. Need to get this ball rolling. And this will be a lot more RP like than Castle Greyhawk was. This isn't a dungeon crawl so we can have character development and all the other juicy things that make for a grand adventure.

Korvis
01-18-2012, 08:17 AM
awesome :D

i wanna make a few rolls or checks or just ask some questions really quickly.

firstly, she wants to look around for traps, check the raft and the surrounding area, it all seems a bit too convenient. secondly, she is a survivor. she lived her life surviving on streets, making the best out of nothing... so she is going to be looking around for anything that could help the situation. she does have her hatchet, but no means to make fire quite yet. in this swamp, is there any large foliage, really big leaves... is there any dry land, or is it all wet, and if so, is it as wet as you suggested, muck/water a foot or deeper... are there long vines strong enough to support people? assuming the raft is not a trap, just how large is it, what is it made out of? just how long do we have... if you feel like sharing... until the storm starts really blowing hard?

John
01-18-2012, 08:29 AM
awesome :D

i wanna make a few rolls or checks or just ask some questions really quickly.

firstly, she wants to look around for traps, check the raft and the surrounding area, it all seems a bit too convenient. secondly, she is a survivor. she lived her life surviving on streets, making the best out of nothing... so she is going to be looking around for anything that could help the situation. she does have her hatchet, but no means to make fire quite yet. in this swamp, is there any large foliage, really big leaves... is there any dry land, or is it all wet, and if so, is it as wet as you suggested, muck/water a foot or deeper... are there long vines strong enough to support people? assuming the raft is not a trap, just how large is it, what is it made out of? just how long do we have... if you feel like sharing... until the storm starts really blowing hard?

Firstly, nothing seems out of the ordinary in the area.
Second, nothing really large for leaves, everything is kind of damp. There are patches of land, like the one you're all on. You could find some underbrush that would be drier than the stuff on top. The water Mendel landed in was only about a foot or two, but he was relatively close to the shore. You would have to test the waters farther out to see if it gets deeper. There are vines but they're not that strong.

The raft is not a trap. It's big enough to hold the entire party plus maybe one or two more people and still giving everyone some elbow room. Damned big raft. It's made of wood... if you wanted something more specific, I'll leave it up to you.

The storm could start at any moment.

Incidentally, the patch of land you're all on is just that, a patch of land. You will need to get on the raft to find the way out of the swamp. And I would suggest y'all light a fire. It is nighttime and fire will help to keep the predators away.

Meinolf
01-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Okay, so we are in a low-laying swamp, at night time, with a storm approaching. There are trees nearby, we have a very large raft, and several oars. Sounds like the best way to get a quick shelter would be a lean-to -- since we have most of the materials at hand, what with a raft to act as the roof, oars and trees as support beams, plenty of bladed tools, gilder's tent to act as a tarp for the raft and a few feet of rope, I say we should be good. Since our group is mostly tiny, tiny people, everyone should be able to fit under the raft without too much bumping -- Mendel and Pip should even be able to lay down on their bed rolls. Plus, the lean-to will be good for sentry duty -- especially if we camo the tarp. Anything that would be attacking us would have to come at us from the front, so no rear attacks.

Now, the question is, how long would it take to get us all together and working on this? With eight or so people helping, and most of the work done already, it would just take maybe twenty minutes or so to get the framework up and the raft acting as the roof. A quick lay-down of the tarp and we have a shelter -- any extra time would be used to camo it, if possible. So the major variable would be finding a good stretch of mud to hunker down on.

Korvis
01-18-2012, 11:12 AM
i think it would probably take 15 minutes or less to get the bulk of it done. there could be some creature comfort of trying to waterproof it using one of several possible methods, and using vines or rope to secure the shelter so it doesent fly away during the storm, as he said, it is going to be pretty violent. its a big raft, but whole buildings blow away during REALLY bad storms.

i made a small addition to my post, as most of what i had before was simply monologue @.@ updated with the results of my questions for naz

Tune
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm going to have to read through the last posts in the first IC. Or use Mendel's as an example because I can't help but feeling a little lost.

Meinolf
01-18-2012, 11:08 PM
I wasn't referencing anyone in particular with Mendel in my last IC post. Anyone can use it to start off their post if they wish. :)

John
01-19-2012, 07:24 AM
And I do apologize. The way the last ended made it a little hard for me to write the post. The good ting to come out of it is knowing that a dungeon crawl isn't the best format for this. Need a nice little mix of things. The downside of this is that some of the things I had planned to use later on aren't looking so appealing anymore XD

Tune
01-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Ah, I still feel at a loss, but I'll come up with something, I hope.

John
01-19-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm willing to help if I can, How exactly are you lost. There are a few gaps here and perhaps I can fill them in.

Tune
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Ah, well, it starts off with that wild plumber that attacked Mendel. I'm not sure if he was hallucinating or not XD

I think that's one of the biggest things to overcome. Second, how far is the pipe from the bridge? And how wide would you say it would be?

Ah, after rereading the IC posts, I got the gist of the rest of it.

Tune
01-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Ignore >> damn Database error.

Meinolf
01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
I made the plumber up as a plot tool, and to add a bit of humor at the end of a humor-themed dungeon. I don't know if it was real or not, as it will mostly likely never occur again. You can treat it as being real if you want, or just skip what happened between your last post and start again with being sent to a new world. Focus on the fact that you were teleported and not what was happening when you left. :)

Tune
01-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Oh! It was teleportation? I thought there was just a giant pipe that emptied out into a river like a sewage pipe.

Meinolf
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I am not much of an expert on Ravenloft, but essentially it is a plane of existence where evil reigns supreme. I am not sure if it is the plane itself, but something sends mists into other worlds, other planes, and teleports their inhabitants to Ravenloft. Essentially, we are now within a different world -- but realize that our characters would not know that yet.

About the plumber -- I was not unsure how to end our little storyline, and since we were essentially at a sewer, I had a thought of Mario tackling us. I thought it was funny as hell, and decided to use it as a transitional hook. You can say you saw the plumber if you want, or ignore it completely and just say that Mendel disappeared in a bout of mist.

Korvis
01-19-2012, 10:51 PM
i thought it was moderately funny, lol...

i can understand somebody not getting the joke though.

Tune
01-19-2012, 11:38 PM
=/ My post was lacking, but I did get it up.

John
01-19-2012, 11:43 PM
I liked it Tori Miss. The opening of this coupled with the sporadic way the other ended has made it difficult for y'all. And y'all are doing awesome.

John
01-21-2012, 04:22 AM
We need posts.

Korvis
01-21-2012, 04:34 AM
waiting on more posts :(

John
01-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Perhaps it's time to send out my perky pernicious pack of pachyderms to procure posts.

Or I'll just send badger badger badger until they finally do XD

Korvis
01-21-2012, 05:24 AM
oh my :o

Enigma
01-22-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm here! I've posted! Call off your badgers Nazgul! I mean it! I don't like the way they're looking at me! Especially that one with the chipped tooth! Pleeeease!

John
01-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Hurray! And nice post.

Korvis
01-22-2012, 06:02 AM
question :o can i learn a new spell or something? o.o

John
01-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Thieves don't get magic. You could, if you wanted, multi-class your character, but I would wait to do that till at least your next level. Frankly I don't recommend lower level multis for any of the adventures you will have in Ravenloft. But what you do in the end is entirely up to you of course XD

Anne Bonny
01-22-2012, 06:24 AM
Naz! Naz! I posted!!!

*pets uniduck* Thanks for letting me keep one. :)

John
01-22-2012, 06:28 AM
You're welcome. Not sure how thankful the uniduck is though XD

Anne Bonny
01-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Poor thing! I will keep him safe!

John
01-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Sure, and who's gonna keep you safe? Mua ha ha ha ha ha XD

Anne Bonny
01-22-2012, 07:08 AM
*uncomfortable*

Korvis
01-22-2012, 07:10 AM
i will! i have to look out for our resident uber mage.

Anne Bonny
01-22-2012, 07:15 AM
My hero! *swoon*

Korvis
01-22-2012, 07:21 AM
heroine, lol

*she is swooning! :o*

Anne Bonny
01-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Details, details. ;)

John
01-24-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm gonna give Toxin and Da Blue till tomorrow to post. If they don't, I will be advancing time to the next day, unless you guys want to Rp absolutely everything.

Korvis
01-24-2012, 04:36 AM
no. that sounds fine to me. my main goal before the storm hits and we get some sleep is to get a fire going, and a bit of a floor so we dont have to sleep in muck.

John
01-24-2012, 04:59 AM
It'll be damp, but you should be able to find a spot that isn't mucky.

John
01-25-2012, 07:33 PM
My post will arrive tonite when I get home from work.

Anne Bonny
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Hurray!!!

Mask
01-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Sorry about that, just got back. My friends stole me for a few days :x

Post is up

John
01-26-2012, 04:35 AM
I am very glad I waited. Good to have you back Toxin

Mask
01-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Good to be back :P

John
01-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Writing the post up now. Since most of it is being copied, shouldn't take long. So I will be moving to the next day. I will also be putting you on the raft and getting you moving. If any of you would have done character interaction at anytime, feel free to either do up a co op, or even do a...

Know what? We need a term for posting events that happen before a GM post after it has been posted though XD How about a back track post? Seems to be an applicable term for the semi-incoherent description in second sentence of this paragraph.

So basically, now that I'm rambling, I'm gonn get on this post, then y'all can do whatever you want, and when you're ready, something will happen.

Also, my character will be coming in soon, which will make it so I can post more often and carry this a little better.

/end ramble

Anne Bonny
01-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Welcome back Toxin!

Can't wait, Naz. :)

John
01-26-2012, 05:41 AM
It's up now. Anyone who caught it the moment I posted I edited something into the ending. I accidentally hit the post button and had another line to add.

Okay, no matter how you choose to post, I need everyone to roll 1d20 in the dice thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=855510#post855510). I will post again once everyone says they are ready to move on.

Mask
01-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Ok :o rolled an 18 in the dice thread, just after midnight here so i'm going to walk the dogs and go to bed. I'll post again in the morning.

Anne Bonny
01-26-2012, 05:57 AM
I hope high rolls are good! :D

Mask
01-26-2012, 05:58 AM
D: they better be..

John
01-26-2012, 06:02 AM
You'll have the answer to that when I post XD

Korvis
01-26-2012, 07:54 AM
omg @.@ *excited!*

Mask
01-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Question, are we supposed to post again or just wait till everyone is ready? :o

John
01-27-2012, 12:54 AM
You guys can do whatever you like. When you're all ready, I will post again.

I have to admit this is hard to do without a character. I will be so happy when we get to the next day.

Mask
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
I can imagine, the one time i played d&d with friends the dm was playing a character too. Just to kind of keep us on track (which is kinda hard considering my friends)

:( wish i could play again, might talk them into it.

John
01-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Only one time you had ot try and keep them on track? Wow, wish my old group had of had that discipline XD

Korvis
01-27-2012, 02:16 AM
ive pen and papered a couple times before... and i did it once online through obsidian portal... but i could never get everybody together at the same times.

John
01-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Who needs to post IC? Everybody but Enigma, that's who! XD

Korvis
01-28-2012, 05:34 AM
ill be posting tonight

Enigma
01-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Who needs to post IC? Everybody but Enigma, that's who! XD

The badger smirked, sucking on a cigarette, then blowing smoke over her shoulder as he read the screen.

"Nice work, doll. Keep the boss happy, me and the boys stay happy," he said, flicking ash on the floor. The other badgers sniggered behind him. "Boss gets unhappy, I get unhappy. You don't wanna see me unhappy - capisce?"

Enigma nodded jerkily, not trusting herself to speak.

"Good. Cause I won't be happy if I gotta come back here. Let's go, boys."

Tune
01-28-2012, 09:44 AM
I'll try to get a post up tomorrow ^_^ If I don't, feel free to send the badgers, though I was waiting on Meinolf.

John
01-28-2012, 10:43 PM
The badgers are ready. And Miss, need you to roll a d20 in the dice thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25570) for this module please

Tune
01-28-2012, 11:02 PM
... The dice roller hates me. I liked the practice battle thread better ><

John
01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I never said you were trying to roll high. Mind you, I also never said you were trying to roll low. Cryptic bastard ain't I? XD

Tune
01-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I would agree, but I am fearful for my life - or Eccawen's.

John
01-28-2012, 11:35 PM
*glares* Agree with me or I shall call you by your other name XD

Anne Bonny
01-28-2012, 11:36 PM
If my uniduck gets hurt in this rp, Naz, I'll never forgive you.

John
01-28-2012, 11:40 PM
*adds that to list of things Anne will never forgive me for* Gotcha XD

Anne Bonny
01-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Hm. That list must be getting fairly long by now.

John
01-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Fairly? :lol: Takes a crane just to lift it

Korvis
01-29-2012, 04:26 AM
will we know what our roll was for soon????

Mask
01-29-2012, 04:27 AM
probably after everyone rolls and posts >.> speaking of which i'll work on a post now

Korvis
01-29-2012, 04:44 AM
by the way guys, i appologise for my posts recently being short... i find that in a group of people, unless you are talking on the side about character interaction, you can only really do a bunch of monologue... and maybe its just my mood lately, but i dont feel like doing that. its not just this rp, but all of my rps. ill try and make them a little longer, because lately im noticing that they are just too short...

but i do notice it, and plan on trying to fix it. i still like watching the story unfold, and enjoy rping... its just a little harder lately to make something out of nothing.

Mask
01-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Don't worry, i had abit of trouble too. :P

Meinolf
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I can't think of much to add to the ic, with the only comment I think mendel can make is this...

Mendel fidgets in his spot, ever on the lookout for the wayward banjo playing hillbilly. He finally turns to the paladin and says, "My your mouth sure is pretty."

Enigma
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
It's much more likely to be like this -

"Good evening," called out a voice. Turning, you see three elegantly dressed men standing on a spot of dry land nearby. It's oddly surreal - you're certain they weren't standing there a moment ago. And their outfits are perfect - not a single spot of mud to be seen, as if they had flown out into the middle of the swamp. One of them produces a violin and begins playing softly.

"My, what handsome necks you all have," the foremost says, his lips curling into a cruel smile that reveals long, sharp canines while his cold, cold eyes glitter.

Meinolf
01-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Bwahahaha. :D

Mask
01-31-2012, 01:45 AM
I'd only have two words for him. "Turn Undead."

But sadly im not a cleric

Meinolf
01-31-2012, 02:48 AM
I really should have gone with control undead.

Mask
01-31-2012, 03:00 AM
Me no likely undead :o

Specially the kind that tries to seduce and eat people.

John
01-31-2012, 04:23 AM
I really should have gone with control undead.

Because I'm such a nice DM, I will let you do it if you want. Don't look at me like that. You can totally have it if you want and there's nothing up my sleeve *crosses fingers whistling*

Enigma
01-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Me no likely undead :o

Specially the kind that tries to seduce and eat people.

Oh, I don't know. Vampires just drink your blood. And there's always a chance they'll decide to keep you. Other undead are really messy eaters.

Juliet: "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name, or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet."

There's a rustle from the bushes. Zombie Romeo staggers out and sees Juliet.

"Braaaains!"

Juliet screams as Zombie Romeo starts climbing up the trellis.

John
01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
I would so love Shakespeare if that how it went. Author! Author!

Mask
01-31-2012, 07:39 AM
I would so love Shakespeare if that how it went. Author! Author!

Instead of the fake death, the poison makes juilet a zombie? XD

Enigma
02-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Romeo drank the poison, not knowing Juliet was in a death-like sleep. When she wakes up to find Romeo lying dead beside her, she stabs herself with his dagger.

But it would be a great movie, wouldn't it? They die, then arise when the crypt is opened and stagger out on a zombie rampage, the Bonnie and Clyde of the Renaissance. Maybe there was a reason they burned all the victims of the black death?

John
02-01-2012, 07:22 AM
You should write it up and do like a radio play type thing. Would be full of awesome.

I know Meinolf is ready to find out what's about to happen, everyone else ready to move?

Mask
02-01-2012, 10:05 AM
yep yep :P

I'm ready.

Tune
02-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Ready XD So long as Eccawen doesn't get thrown into the water again. I'm sure she's going to catch the flue soon.

Korvis
02-01-2012, 09:34 PM
always ready :o

Anne Bonny
02-01-2012, 10:05 PM
BRING IT

Enigma
02-03-2012, 03:11 AM
I dare you to show us the terror of the foreboding swamp! I double dare you!

Mask
02-03-2012, 05:26 AM
don't taunt the dm D: its a no no

John
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I dare you to show us the terror of the foreboding swamp! I double dare you!

You know, saying something like that, what's about to happen seems kind of... lame. Perhaps I should throw in a couple of liches and a dragon to spice it up XD

I will post tonite when I get home from work.

Mask
02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
D: see...

also throw in an undead lich dragon xP

John
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Okay. XD

Anne Bonny
02-04-2012, 06:36 AM
DON'T KILL MY DUCK!!!

John
02-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Translation: I keel you if you kill my duck!

I told you I won't. but given the recent dice rolls, I would be more worried about you XD

Just out of curiosity, are you going to name it?

Anne Bonny
02-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Brian. I haven't decided yet.

John
02-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Translation: I want to name him after Naz, but don't want people to think I'm weird.

Alrighty then XD

Mask
02-04-2012, 07:50 AM
good thing Pip doesn't get scared >.>

Enigma
02-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Naz, I got the orange sauce you wanted...!

What...? I'm Єѵïł, I'm just playing chaotic good.

John
02-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Sorry for the delay on my post. Other things keep getting in the way. Will be up tonite for sure.

Tune
02-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Roll initiatives in the Dice Thread or in the IC?

John
02-06-2012, 05:55 AM
I would say in the IC. Little post telling what you're gonna do and the roll. Draw your weapons...or whatever you intend to do.

Korvis
02-06-2012, 08:58 AM
posted. and btw, did my basic stats go up at all for the level up?

John
02-06-2012, 06:38 PM
They did not. Stats will get a little boost if and when your character makes it to level 5

Mask
02-07-2012, 01:16 AM
They did not. Stats will get a little boost if and when your character makes it to level 5

I see what you did there >.>

John
02-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Good. XD And that should have been a 4

Mask
02-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Oh since the frog thing hit me and is going to pull me with its tongue. Can i try to attack it? :o

edit: or did it miss? xD

John
02-07-2012, 06:39 AM
You can attack, but I do need an initiative roll to determine exactly when your attack comes.

Mask
02-07-2012, 06:41 AM
ok np so roll initiative and attack/damage rolls in the post? or just initiative then do the attack next round?

edit: i'll just pm you to ask my questions, suddenly came up with alot of them xP

John
02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Roll init. and then I'll post the attack order for the round once everyone has rolled. Answered your PM too XD

Mask
02-07-2012, 07:07 AM
I keep getting database errors so i'll type it up in microsoft word first before i try posting.

John
02-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Always a good idea.

Mask
02-07-2012, 07:38 AM
rolled a 1 D:

John
02-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Best initiative you can roll. You go first XD

Mask
02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
oh xD, im still thinking the larger numbers are better >.> 3.5 is that way

Halflings ftw then

Enigma
02-09-2012, 07:10 AM
I'll check back later for postings.

Korvis
02-10-2012, 07:52 AM
waiting for my turn @.@

Enigma
02-10-2012, 10:19 PM
i've posted! Kass, you're up!

John
02-11-2012, 04:57 AM
Just so everyone's aware, once the upgrade begins, we will be losing the dice roller temporarily. The one we are currently using is not compatible with the new VB, but I do have replacement that should be up and running sometime tomorrow evening.

Mask
02-11-2012, 10:37 AM
aw ok :( that means we'll be losing all the results from the rollers?

John
02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Yes and no. But it would seem the update didn't happen, so the roller is working again. All rolls were restored to their original state.

Korvis
02-12-2012, 02:09 PM
i suppose its my turn to attack, but ive already explained how she was attacking, so ill just go ahead and make my rolls.

oh man, if im not mistaken, i just cut that thing's tongue in half, lol...

John
02-12-2012, 09:26 PM
In half and killed it! Incidentally, Morwyn's now in the water XD

Korvis
02-12-2012, 10:23 PM
:o kass is amazing!

John
02-15-2012, 05:51 AM
I know I need to post, and it will be coming soon, but I thought I should share a little something with y'all. The old dice roller is gone, but we have a new one, and here's how it works;

[roll]1d4[/roll ] - for rolling and showing only the results or sum
[rollv]1d4[/rollv ] - for rolling and seeing the result of each dice as well as the sum
[rollo]1d4[/rollo ] - for open rolls

It also allows for the following

[roll]4d6[/roll ] to get the sum of 4 six sided die.
[roll]d%[/roll ] for a percentage roll (same as 1d100)
[roll]4d6b3[/roll ] to roll 4 six sided dice and only sum the "best" three results

I haven't fully tested it yet, thought you all would like the honours. I'm also led to believe that you can add modifiers into the roll as well, for example, if you were +2 to hit you could input [roll]1d20+2[/roll ]

Like I said, haven't tested it, but I'm sure y'all will XD

Meinolf
02-15-2012, 06:03 AM
I attack Naz with a test.

[roll0]

John
02-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Your attack misses. At level 2 you would prolly need 22 to hit me XD And I think this was the one you found wasn't it?

Mask
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
attacks myself? xD

Edit: to see if you can edit in rolls 1d4 [roll]1d4

guess not xP

Enigma
02-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Where are the frogs? There ought to be frogs. The dm says we're fighting!

Meinolf
02-19-2012, 03:10 AM
Meinolf watches as Anne attempts to sneak up on Naz, and fire him. 100% - succeeds on 99% or less.

Hmm, didn't work. Where did I go wrong... ? I guess we just have to stick with roll 1d100.

John
02-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Should have been d% instead of 100%

[roll0]

John
02-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Oh, and I will have a post up tomorrow at some point. Sorry for the delay. As I'm sure you all know my plate is pretty full at the moment

Enigma
02-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Meanwhile, in a nearby clearing, a vampire turns to his companions and raises a finger.

"Von, tvo, von-tvo-zree...!"

The violinist begins to play a curiously light song...

"Vhy are zere zo many,
zongs about rainbows,
and vhat's on ze other zide?
Rainbows are visions,
but only illusions,
and rainbows have nothing to hide.
Zo ve've been told,
and zome choose to believe it.
I know zey're vrong, vait and zee.

"Zomeday ve'll find it,
the rainbow connection!
Ze lovers, ze dreamers and me...!"

The violin gives a horrible screech and comes to a ztop, er stop. Irked, the singer turns back and demands, "Demetri, vhat is ze meaning of zis? Vhat are you looking at?"

Turning, the singer stared in wonder at a hole that's opened in the perpetually gloomy skies. As he watches, a rainbow begins to arch across the sky.

"Oh, my...!" he breathes, stepping forwarded, his hand reaching out - and begins to smoke when it comes into contact with the sun. The vampire cries out in horror as he is consumed.

"Idiot," mutters the violinist. "Maybe this time we can find a singer who doesn't have a speech impediment?"
"Don't blame him, his mother taught him to speak like that."
"What?"
"Vampire, by marriage."
"Ouch."
"Yeah. Oh well, at least he burns properly."
"Heh. Can you imagine the embarrassment if he were to sparkle instead?"
"Sparkle? Stake me if I sparkle!"

John
02-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Okay, post is up. So the two new arrivals are Da Blue Sky's and Darman's characters. Both of you may attack last in this fight, provided the others don't kill the frogs first.

Darman and Da Blue, if you have any questions about how you got here, feel free to shoot me a PM or post them here as always. for more info, the OP of this thread describes the rest of the party being transported by the mists. Da Blue, your character would have already seen the mists take the others form Castle Greyhawk.

Everyone who still has to attack this round, have at it and waste these frogs.

Korvis
02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
wait, so kass gets a critical hit with full damage and cuts the frog's tongue off, killing it in the process, in an epic display of epic.... and the frog rewinds time? O.O

John
02-20-2012, 04:54 PM
No, the frog died. While the fight was happening, the mists were gathering and dropped two new people into the scene and onto the frogs. Due to surprise, the frogs lose their attack for this round. I know, it wasn't a great post and was written with a lot of fatigue behind it.

Korvis
02-20-2012, 09:43 PM
ah, lol i see :)

Enigma
02-21-2012, 02:59 AM
Two newcomers and we've got giant frog legs for lunch. Anyone bring a large pan and tempura or some eggs and cracker crumbs? A little lemon juice would be nice.

And it's raining men! Woo!

Korvis
02-21-2012, 04:29 AM
i have clean water, and liquid smoke vials, which, when applied to food, make it taste smoked :o

Meinolf
02-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Checking to see if I can roll a dice with a plus bonus already inside. [roll0]

Meinolf
02-22-2012, 05:21 AM
(whimpering) My... my beautiful attack... ruined by only doing 2 damage. (kicks previous post) You're the reason why we can't have nice things!

John
02-22-2012, 05:25 AM
At least it's a hit. Miss, you're up! Kill those frogs and y'all can have jumbo frogs legs for dinner XD

Meinolf
02-22-2012, 05:32 AM
By the way, I am really groovin' this new dice roller. Much more pleasin' to the eyes. :D

Tune
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
^_^ My THAC0 is still 20?

Let's see if I can get the dice roller right. Never practiced with it.

Edit: =/ Looks like I forgot to mention where my first slash was in the IC >.< But I'm sure it landed. The short sword was aimed towards one of the frog's front legs.

John
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Called shots are always harder to hit with, but as you didn't actually call it in post,. legs are fine.

Annne! You're up

Meinolf
02-26-2012, 03:20 AM
Well, while we wait for Anne, I am gonna try the dice roller some more. I am thinking about changing up from a 3d6 for character creation to a 1d8+10, for a much more heroic setting. Let's see what a character will look like with this dice method...

Strength; [roll0]. Dexterity; [roll1]. Constitution; [roll2]. Intelligence; [roll3]. Wisdom; [roll4]. Charisma; [roll5].

Edit: Well, I won't specialize much in the way of combat or magic, but I am oh so pretty. I guess that means I am a bard. :D

Mask
02-28-2012, 08:35 PM
oh damn >.< sorry i forgot to tell anyone but i've been sick the past few days/week. Sorry for the disappearance D:

John
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
No worries, we're still waiting for Anne to post. By the way, so y'all know, only one frog remains.

I also think, from now on, I will be posting in the OOC if something you're fighting dies so people can change their intended targets if need be

Korvis
02-29-2012, 03:47 AM
sounds gewd @.@

Anne Bonny
02-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Shortest post ever! *throws hands in the air*

Sorry it took me so long, guys.

Anne Bonny
02-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Shortest post ever! *throws hands in the air*

Sorry it took me so long, guys.

John
02-29-2012, 10:33 PM
About time XD Thanks for the post Anne, incidentally, you missed. Normally I would mention that you didn't post your next round initiative, but I don't think it's gonna matter much in this case. Da Blue and Dalman, you are free to post, I recommend attempting to kill the frog before reflecting too much on your current predicament.

Snotgirl
02-29-2012, 10:49 PM
HAHAHA!!
Reflecting on my current predicament...that made me laugh for some reason....

Enigma
03-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks for landing on the frogs! ^ _ ^

Snotgirl
03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Oh?

John
03-06-2012, 05:18 AM
If Da Blue and Darman don't post in the next couple of days, I will be posting and we can go from there. Work is back to a mostly normal schedule now and I don't want this to die.

Enigma
03-07-2012, 04:39 AM
yay! you're back! ^ _ ^;

John
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I am. And will post by tomorrow evening after work.

Enigma
03-10-2012, 03:55 AM
"What?" The badger shrugged, cleaning its nails with a switchblade. "That's the boss! I can't cross the boss!"
"Yeah!" the big lug in the back said. "The Frog brothers..."
"HEY!" the leader cried out, throwing the switchblade. It thudded home next to the lug's ear. The others turned to watch.
"We don't say nothin' about the Frog brothers, capise?"

Turning back to Enigma, the leader took a moment to tug on his lapels. "Look doll, the boss is a very busy man! He'll post, just you wait. And you better wait, got me?"

Anne Bonny
03-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Yup. I'm positive we picked the right Member of the Month. XD

Repped!

John
03-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Alright, sorry. I know. Give me 10 minutes. It won't be much of a post, but at least it will be a post.

John
03-10-2012, 04:27 AM
And posted. Anyone can feel free to attack the frog if they like. You get +4 to hit should you want to. If not, it will leave. The wood noise came form the hull of small boat. Might be worth a look. Anyone wants to check it out, post it here.

Enigma
03-10-2012, 04:31 AM
"Boss!" the badger leader squeaked, spinning around. He grabbed the hat off his head and stood there silently as the other badgers jumped up to pay their respect.

"You're lookin' good there boss," the badger lied, taking in Nazgul's tired appearance as he stepped forward, his paws firmly gripping the brim of his hat. "Just say the word and we'll take this dame outside and show her the business for botherin' you."

"Uh, I wanna check out the boat?"

John
03-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Oh dear god. Can't stop laughing XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Edit: You do or one of the badgers does? XD

Enigma
03-10-2012, 04:38 AM
I do! but not with the badgers. I think they wanted to bring along a washtub and some concrete.... ^ _ ^;

I'm glad it shallow but I think it'll slow down my move rate.

EDIT: I edited my IC post to add some more details. Enjoy!

Mask
03-14-2012, 04:36 AM
I'll get a post up in the morning :P

John
03-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Hurray!

Enigma
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Toothpick's lips curled as his namesake came to attention.

"Right boys, the boss ain't too happy," the badger capo said, looking over his crew. "Them folks aren't playin' along, so we're gonna get them to play ball."
"Ball?" Brute asked, raising a hand. "Toothpick, I don't think..."
"Did I ask for any of your lip?" Toothpick demanded, looking like he was about to slap the giant.
"Hey Toothpick," Buttons asked, prodding a nervous Enigma with the barrel of his Thompson. "What about this dame?"
"Boss got no grief with her - yet," the capo amended, glaring at her. "'Long as she remembers to post when she oughta!"
"So whatta we doin', Toothpick," The Shark demanded, looking up from his game of high-stakes solitaire. "Knockin' on doors? Ringing bells? We're bag men now?"
"We're whatever the boss needs, and don't you forget it! Now let's get out there and start passin' the word."
"Yes boss," the three badgers chorused.
"Don't call me boss!"
"Yes boss!"

Toothpick buried his face in his paws, shaking his head. "Buncha wiseguys I got here."

John
03-20-2012, 06:50 AM
As I have a moment to spare for a change, I do refuse to let this die. In other words, somebody post!! Post now or I will post pics of me in a yellow thong. I have them and I'm not afraid to use them! Dooooooo EEEEEEEEEET! Naaaaaaaaaao!

Too whiny? Alright, now here's Enigma and her band of bodacious belligerent badgers bashing bongos for your entertainment pleasure.

Enigma
03-21-2012, 06:22 AM
"Uh, Toothpick?" Brute whispered hoarsely. "Where we gonna get bongos?"
"From the bongo store, idiot!"
"Oh," Brute straightened. "I like bongos."

Toothpick rolled his eyes. "You like bongos, huh? So why did you ask me where we're getting them?"
"Music store closed last month."
"What? When did that happen?"
"This mist rose up and swallowed the store. I thought you heard?"
"Why would a mist want a music store?"
"Maybe some Vampire musicians wanted new violins, boss!" sniggered Buttons.
"Vat ist so funny about zat?" muttered an unseen voice.
"Gah, there it is again!" Toothpick whirled, staring wildly around the room. "I'd wouldn't mind it so much if I could understand what it was saying!"

Toothpick sighed. "Let's get some bongos, boys. I gotta feeling this one's gonna be an all-nighter!"

Korvis
03-24-2012, 04:57 AM
hey guys, i thought i would pop on here and let you know that im going to be gone for a while... and im not going to give you a bullcrap excuse..

honestly, ive just become a bit tired of rping. im sure i will be back at some point in the future, you can count on that... but after starting 1000 rps and all of them dying, its just become a bit stale. you never know when the urge will hit again (ive been waiting on it to hit for a while now)... but i know it will eventually.

it would be sad to see my character die or poof away, but i dont wanna drag yall down. this is the one rp that hasnt completely died, and i feel bad leaving... but if i tried to rp now, it would be completely uninspired and i wouldnt enjoy it.

thank you for a wonderful rp, and for your dedication, naz. i hope you guys will continue, because im sure it still has really awesome places to go.

Anne Bonny
03-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Aw... Korvis! We will miss you!

Korvis
03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
ill miss you guys too... but ill be back sooner or later, so dont miss me too much :D

John
03-25-2012, 10:06 PM
You better be or Anne will send her birds for you and I'll send the badgers to rape all your stuffed animals.

Enigma
03-26-2012, 04:45 AM
>.<;

Bye Korvis, it was fun.

John
04-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Okay, I want to apologize for all the mega delays on this. Thankfully things are mostly back to normal for me now. SO what that means is I will be writing a post at some point this weekend. I am going to advance to the next day and move you to an encounter that actually has real bearing on the story. It will also give you some NPCs to interact with as well as allow me to get my character in so I can write from her perspective instead of just narrative directly from the modules.

Going to be nice and let you know that the 2 swords you found are +1 short swords.

I'm honestly not 100% on who's in at this point. I would venture a guess that Enigma's still in, and I know Anne is(she don't have a choice XD) It also looks like Serin will be joining us as well. I may decide to do a little recruiting too if need be. I would like to have at least 6 characters in this, but I can always adjust for less if need be.

I refuse to let this die!

Anne Bonny
04-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Shut up! I always have a choice. And I choose to stay in this. Ha!

SEEEEEEEEEEERIN! COME PLAY WITH US

Everybody else too. DONT BE A SUCKER AND DROP OUT.

Naz, don't let them.

Enigma
04-15-2012, 03:42 AM
"Don't worry boss about that one," Toothpick grinned, his namesake sticking out of the badger's teeth at a jaunty angle. "The gurl's in the bag."

"Uh, boss?" Brutus asked, holding up a squirming burlap sack. "What should I do with...?"
Toothpick groaned, burying his face into his paws.
"Uh, boss?"
"The trunk!" Toothpick screamed, pointing to the back of the car. "Put the bag in the back!"
"Yes, boss!" Brutus stiffened to attention.
"Well?"
Brutus frowned, confused for a moment, then held up the bag. "Oh, right. Sorry boss!"
"Don't call me boss in front of the boss!"
"Sorry boss!"
"Anyway, was there some other pickups you wanted me to make tonight?"

Brutus opened the trunk and gently laid the squirming bag inside.
"Sorry about this," the oversized badger shrugged. "I was hopin' Toothpick would let you ride up in front. Mind your head."

Meinolf
04-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Talking with anne about a possible post. Sent her a rough draft... will try to get it posted before I head out today. ;)

John
04-16-2012, 01:47 AM
I'll hold off on mine for a little longer. Gives me more time to get it to a level I really like

John
04-19-2012, 03:37 AM
My post will be ready at some point tomorrow night and we shall move on. I

John
04-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Methinks yon badgers need to go forth and do something of a devious nature in order to procure the piece of writing for which we are waiting from Meinolf

Enigma
04-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Methinks yon badgers need to go forth and do something of a devious nature in order to procure the piece of writing for which we are waiting from Meinolf
"Yes boss! Brutus, get the car. We're goin' on a road trip!"

Anne Bonny
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
*high fives Meinolf*

Writing with you is fun. :)

Meinolf
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Huzzah!

Now we just need to get revenge on some pesky little mobster badgers. I might just have to send the junior mint league against them rascals.

John
04-26-2012, 03:44 AM
I am reworking my post a bit and it will be up within an hour. Prolly won't take that long though. I am not going to advance time to the next day, instead just picking up from where y'all are at right now. It's still not night and thanks to Enigma's post giving me an idea, I can make something happen right now.

I am going to write this is part narrative and then from the perspective of my character. I will finish my CS either tonite or tomorrow.

And, let me say, nice round of posting guys.

Enigma
04-26-2012, 03:46 AM
"What's that thumping from the back?" Toothpick demanded.
"Uh, boss, it's that gurl...?"
"What gurl?"
"In the bag, boss?"
"You mean the one the boss sent us out to find has been in our trunk the entire time?!? What numbskull left her in there?"
"You did, boss?"
"WHAT?!?"
"Uh, I mean I did, boss!"
"Shark, pull over!"
"Here boss?" Shark yelped.
"What's wrong with here?"
"Gurl Scouts."
"Gurl Scouts? You're afraid of some pint-sized gurls selling cookies?"
"You betcha! Them gurls don't play nice!" They passed a table on a corner. Two small girls in uniform were behind the table with boxes of cookies and a cash box. On each corner stood an older girl in uniform sporting a pink Thompson machine gun.
"Yeah, what they got?"
"A pink panzer."
"A what?"
"Boss, it's a really big armored car with a really big gun."
"It ain't bigger than my Thompson!"
"Bigger boss."

There was a long silence, then Toothpick leaned forward. "Get us to the boss, boys."

Enigma
04-27-2012, 04:01 AM
I think the offer sounds genuine and we should take up the woman on her offer rather than spend the next few hours before darkness trying to find a safe place to tie up and spend the night. My character is still damp from fighting the frogs and wants a fire and something that isn't waterlogged to eat.

John
04-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Feel free to ask her any questions that you want to

John
04-30-2012, 06:33 AM
Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Badger?

Enigma
05-01-2012, 07:32 AM
In IC, I wait for at least two posts, to avoid two-waying.

John
05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Normally I do the same, but given the low number of still active characters, I think we could waive that rule for the time being

Enigma
05-02-2012, 05:56 AM
That's a little worrisome. It was going all so well, too.

John
05-02-2012, 06:53 AM
I just need to go nudge the others. Anne will likely post tomorrow... ish. It's that or the thong dance for her.

Enigma
05-07-2012, 02:38 AM
"Why is they just lying there?"
"Uh Toothpick?"
"Yeah?"
"Weren't you supposed to nudge them with the cattle prod?"
"I thought this was the cattle prod?!?"
"That's a taser, boss."
*zap-zap-zap-zap*
*thump*
"Whata you know? Yer right!"

John
05-07-2012, 02:42 AM
I've decided the badgers need a raise. Okay guys, here's my credit card. Go out and buy anything you need with which to rain pain and suffering on the others until they post. Oh, and pick up my dry cleaning too please.

John
05-09-2012, 02:13 AM
So I'm just going to keep posting here till others post in the IC or maybe we get some new people too. I'm not letting this die. And what with me having much more time to RP as of late, well I want to keep this running.

Enigma
05-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Good for you. I'll be here too. Dunno what the badgers are up to. Something about iron dragons armed with vuvuzela horns?!? I was wearing earplugs and they were very hard to understand.

John
05-10-2012, 03:40 PM
What's a vuvuzela horn?

Anne Bonny
05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Remember the 2010 FIFA World Cup?

John
05-10-2012, 11:02 PM
No. I don't watch lacrosse. And hi Anne. You know what would be awesome? A post would be awesome. Yes it would. Speaking of posts, I will likely do a recruiting drive over the weekend and see if I can drum up a couple of more members for this. Speaking of that, what happened to Serin?

Enigma
05-11-2012, 05:59 PM
A vuvuzela horn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o) is very loud - and when it's being blown by most of a arena audience, it's very loud indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o

John
05-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Still waiting patiently for posts.

John
05-15-2012, 04:54 AM
Meinolf and Anne? Anne and Meinolf? Anneolf?

Nice post Mys.

Tune
05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Thought I'd catch up since I was missing all the interesting parts.

Enigma
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
yay for posts! mmmm

...waiting for Naz....

John
05-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Was kind of hoping Meinolf would post, but, I'll likely post tomorrow. Get y'all into the camp. I figure your characters will have about a million questions to after my post.

John
05-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Post will be up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.