PDA

View Full Version : Stop killing Larry Brown!

SQJ
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Stop killing Larry Brown!

Larry Brown, as it turns, is the most important man in the world. His future son, Bob Brown is going to cure, AIDS and Cancer, He is going to move to the field of biomechanics and change the face of the world all together. He’s a hero, a saint, a genius, the greatest man ever…

Unfortunately he’ll never be born because you bastards killed his father.

Oh no, not directly. Not one of you saw him for him. You were just being pricks and all your stupid selfish actions led to his suicide on that same night. January 23 2010(Don’t ask where I got this date from)
Now as a punishment your forced to relive that day over and over again until…

You can keep Larry alive until 00:01 January 24th 2010. The fates wont be making things easy for you. Not until you learn…

-
For those who still don’t understand, think Groundhog’s day(with Billy Murry), or that one episode of supernatural(season three I think)

How the game will play:
Each character interacts with Larry in some way as their day goes on. The don’t know Larry and quite frankly, they don’t care. (The characters don’t have to be bad, r through and through assholes, they can just be stressed and or oblivious, anything, whatever suits you.)
The first day is the most important as it dictates everything you do pretty much forever. (Eg. If you step in dog crap then you either step in it everyday or make a note of avoiding it every day.)
From the first day onwards you make changes to that make the loop cycle stop.
This RP would prolly fall under the heading of Comedy/Drama. Its funny with sad moments, discovery, learning blah blah.
Rules:
1. Use your common sense, there’s no way you could ever figure out that the whole thing is about Larry Brown after the first day. That’s ridiculous. When I came up with this I figured the most of the fun in the role play would be in finding out what’s wrong instead of how to fix it.
2. Again common sense there’s no way you can all stumble upon each other after the first day, that too is ridiculous. Not even Sherlock(or L) is that quick.
3. No one owns the character Larry Brown, when your path crosses Larry’s you can pretty much go to town but I also warn that changes to Larry effect other characters too. (Eg I you crush his toes with your car early in that loop, then he’ll be limping for everyone else until the loop repeats)
4. GM word is law. (My kung fu is strong)
5. Follow RPA rules and Regs(Someone needs to).
6. I’m hoping to do between at least five to ten rotations or loops before the story ends. (There’s no character learning curve to be had in two loops.)
7. The sole purpose of this RP is fun(experimentation, writing practise). Don’t make it something else please.
8. If Larry dies prematurely(early) then it may be best to sum up the rest of the day into one post so the next lop can start again, unless your with another character in which hen hurry through your scene then sum up.

Character sheet.
Name:
Simple short Bio (By throwing in ‘bio’ I don’t have to worry about missing CS titles I may have left out. )

Larry’s sheet.
Name: Larry Brown.
Appearance/ Picture:
Simple short Bio: Larry was born in New York and he’s an aspiring sketch artist who also works as a bicycle currier for Bobby’s Currier service. He’s been at the job for five years, he’s never sold single painting and its starting to get to him. Unfortunately thanks to the good old recession his boss has to fire ten bike men and any anything he does wrong WILL get him on the list of people being fired. Worse off his mother died only seven days ago after being hit by a Miler truck(Its the drink that killed him lol) He was living with his mother but now he’s alone in a house he can’t afford to pay for on his own. His best friends work at the bike service too, which unfortunately make them his rivals for the remaining jobs, which is something they all take very seriously so he has no one to talk to or relax with. When he woke up January 23 at six in the morning. He promised that today was going to be a good day come hell or high water.
Little did he know he’d be jumping off a bridge at 23:59 when he put his sock on that morning.

sneakyonfoota
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Name: Penelope "Penny" Worth

Appearance/ Picture: Somewhat mousey. Her straight, brown hair is styled with a straight fringe while the rest of her long, normally waist-length hair is worn in a single braid. Prefers to wear clothing she either made herself or purchased from Goodwill, the sally-anne or vintage clothing stores. Wears half-moon glasses; average height, petite figure.

Simple short Bio: An illustration and design student who works as a part-time barista at the local big name coffee franchise in town. Her passion is writing slash fiction and BL-themed comics and media. She wishes she had the courage to cosplay.

SQJ
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
So acepted duddete.
I wait to find out how her actions add o the dead of good old Larry Brown. My on CS will be up later.

Mysteria
02-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Don't forget that you can put your game in The Roleplay Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) if you haven't
already done so.

Also, if you are still in need of players don't forget that you can submit your rp to be show cased as Rp Of The Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

nona
02-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Is this still open? I have a bastard who would be perfect for this roleplay. *Grins*

SQJ
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
YEs!! It is still open. Yay

nona
02-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Sweeeet. Here's mine:

Name: Craig Masterson the Third AKA Q
Appearance/ Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/siriusstar13/Quequeg/Qbycrow_sensei.jpg
Simple short Bio: Q is a man form the deep south, more specifically the bayou. He cares for none really save a select few, and everyone else he would laugh rather loudly to see their demise. In facts, usually seeing others in sheer misery is how he gets his kicks. And if he can get a good kick in afterwards, all the better. Currently in New York on a business trip he would rather not take, he is in a worse mood than usual to boot...