PDA

View Full Version : love in this CLUB. (M)

justboogiebaby
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
“Fuck.”

The word was sighed in an irritated and indignant tone, yet it still brought a cool smirk to the countenance of the of the tall man it was directed toward. In fact, it even made a small and accomplished laugh escape his lips, as he ran hand though his messy honey-toned hair. He used this same hand to pat the shoulder of the large framed brute standing by the edge of velvet rope, a headset covering his thicker than average skull, an annoyed glint in his eye. The younger man countered the look with his own, still full of ease and even sprinkled with a hint of playfulness.

“Come on Williams....I know you must be a little happy to see me.” He quipped, finishing a hearty pat, before moving his hand from the man's beefy shoulder, and sliding it back into the pocket of his charcoal colored slacks.

A sneer and a scoff escaped the bouncer, “About as happy as I was when I found out last spring I got a heart condition and can't eat pork no more.”

“I think that's being a bit extreme....you and I...we had a pretty good relationship I thought.”

“Elijah...I've worked almost every club on this strip...and you've been a thorn in my side in every single one of them.” Dante barked, “You can't hold your booze...you piss people off for the hell of it leaving me to save your ass from getting thrown across the bar....and you can't tell the difference between a slut and a prostitute.”

“You know, you add a little bit on the end about me being ungrateful and smart-mouthed, say it in tone that leads a bit more toward patriarchal disappointment...and you've basically got the toast my father gives me on my birthday ever year, verbatim. “

“Piss off with your family stories...I bet Kendra would love to lick your metaphorical wounds born of years of deep rooted psychological problems...and I know she's tending tonight...so why don't you go down to Silk-”

“Dante.” Elijah said, eyes glinting “I haven't missed a club opening since I turned twenty-one...and this little love session has been fun...but I'm thirsty.” He raised brow, knowing the guard would not challenge him further. As expected, he only received another deep guttural grunt, as the man stepped aside. Elijah was pretty sure he heard the man call after some warning about how he wouldn't be there to help when some 'homie' broke a bottle over his head for talking to his girl. He couldn't be sure he'd heard right though, as generally once Elijah was done talking to; he was done talking to you. In fact, you were pretty lucky if he was listening to your words in the first place.

He walked into the club, and as he figured, wasn't very impressed. Spades was no different than Silk really...which was no different than Black Ice....which was no different from Ying really. All of these nightclubs were the same. The same group of frequenters, the same music, the same general set-up. You'd think it would be monotonous. However, Elijah was in one of them at least four times on a slow week. It was just something that was in him. It was defining factor. hat set people apart. You were a club hopper, or you were the type of person who liked to curl up with a cup of hot tea and a book. It was just that simple.

Sliding through the already growing crowd, nodding to a few people he recognized, Elijah made his way toward the granite-topped bar. Once there, h hung against it, smoothing his light olive colored button-up. “Vodka and tonic.” He said over the loud rap mix ringing through the smoky building. It was only when the tender nodded, and began moving around the bottles that he realized it was another familiar.

“Damn. Did this place just do a sweep of Silk? You and Dante both jumped ship?” Elijah asked as Amy prepared his beverage, and gave him a wry smile “They offered bigger bucks....and just for your information....that's Q spinning it up there...”

Elijah didn't bother to try and look through the hoards to spot the DJ doing his thing. Instead, he just nodded, and waited for his drink. When the thin bartender slid it to him, he took hold of it and held it up a little, “Here's to Spades trumping Silk then...in every way.”

Aurelia Courville
02-04-2010, 12:48 AM
“What do you want anyways?”
“I thought I’d come see my favourite doctor.”
“I repeat; what do you want?”

Andrea kept her eyes on the chart in front of her, filling in the vitals of the girl in room 304. Concussion after falling from the top of the pyramid, it was bad, and they had to check ever few hours just to make sure it didn’t get worse. Jill was only ever talked to Andy when she wanted something from her. Jill shifted, looked at her feet then out of the corner of her eye at Andrea.

“Can you take my second shift?”

Andy tried not to roll her eyes as she sighed in mock frustration. “I’ve been working for two days straight. And on top of that I’m going to a club opening tonight that I do not want to miss.”

Jill pouted and Andrea finally did roll her eyes. Normally, Andy probably would take her shift, but she hadn’t been in the club scene for a couple of days and she was jonesing for it now. She shut the binder in her hands and placed it in the bin on the cabinet behind her. She took one last look at Jill before she walked past her with a pat on the back.

She’d gone home, to shower and change a few hours before the club would open. Andy of course would arrive fashionably late.

At the door, dressed in a short shiny gold strapless dress (http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/ranilove2616/yhst-50958542405417_2091_1024887557.jpg), black tights and boots to die for, she looked completely different from the up tight, hair pulled back in a ponytail, girl in the white lab coat she was at the hospital.

“Hey Dante, something told me you’d be here.”
“Andy, save any lives today?”
“I’m always saving lives.”

How many people from the club scene had seen her at the hospital? Even more so since that drug “Ya-Ba” hit the streets. Dante let her pass with out complaint and Andrea let the sounds of the Spade fill her senses. The lights were flashing and the music was loud; and she loved it.

Speaking of sounds…

She looked up at the DJ booth to see DJ Q spinning. She smiled, she’d always liked him. She walked up to it, leaned over to get his attention.

“Hey Mr. DJ, put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby.” She sung the words to the Madonna song and Quinton moved the short distance to where she stood.

“Hey.” He kissed her on the cheek and smiled. “And what song would that be?”

“Oh you know a little European dance?” He nodded and flipped in the CD. The song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2nBvtkgyE) transitioned in perfectly with the previous song. She smiled, closed her eyes and danced a little. “Perfect.” She said, then waved and walked out on the dance floor.