PDA

View Full Version : Machinum OOC

Lox
01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Interest Check Thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=846481#post846481)
Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axDnArDalwE)

DO YOU HAVE A CLOCKWORK HEART?

The Machinum and Snell Industries opression of clockwork men as slave labor and cannon fodder to be used and discarded, has gone on long enough. For too long have we been little but second-rate citizens, but the time of change is here. Join the Hands today, and become part of the Clockwork Revolution! End the oppression of the Machinum today! The Hand welcomes followers of all races!

If you want to join the Hands, please fill out the form below.

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Personality:

Skills offered:

Equipment:

Background:

Lox
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Name: Ned Lowe

Race: Clockwork man

Appearance: 'Asian' man in his mid twenties, with long, black hair with metal woven into it for appearance. Usually wears expensive clothes complete with cravatte, though no hat, and black leather gloves. But Lowe has also been known to wear more durable clothes when away from the cities.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7967/steampunkfe.jpg

Personality: Reckless and daring, corageous and loyal, Lowe's finer qualities are often diminished by his hotheaded, easily irritated persona, his smart (and foul) mouth, attitude and arrogance. He has an unquenchable thirst for and belief in freedom, freedom of religion and freedom to think and say anything, instilled into him by his stay in his home country, the Kingdom of Texas. He's an adventurous man who enjoys traveling greatly, and could be considered somewhat of an adventurer.

Skills offered: Marksmanship, bodyguard skills

Equipment: Drake & Holmes Model 1875 Tartarus revolver, carried in a holster under his left arm.

Background: Lowe keeps his past a closely guarded secret, not because he is ashamed of it or carries some big, dark secret that could one day be exploited against him, but because it is none of anyone else's damned business. Because of this, little is known about the gunslinger who goes by the name Ned Lowe. What is known is that Lowe grew up in a clockwork orphanage in the Kingdom of Texas, a place where clockwork men without an inventor taking care of them, or an owner, were taken.

Lowe spent most of his time in the orphanage honing one skill above all others; shooting. The purpose of the orphanage was to provide professional training in clockwork children, allowing them to one day leave and find a real job within the Kingdom, where slavery of them was not allowed except under particular circumstances. Most learned a trade, like blacksmithing, inventing, or chemistry. Most became factory workers, and some were recruited by the Army as soldiers.

One day, Lowe's time came, when he was recruited by the Kingdom of Texas' Secret Service, as a special agent. The stories about Ned Lowe vary from here on; Lowe himself claims he served as the personal bodyguard of the King of Texas for quite some time, before he left the latter's service. When he did, he did so to travel across the sea, to the Republic of Britain, from where he would go on to travel Europe, and much of the rest of the world, working as a mercenary and gunslinger for hire.

In time, however, Lowe, who was an outspoken person and a lover of freedom, found that Britain was oppressed by the Machinum. It wasn't long after that he crossed paths with the group, and shortly thereafter, gunned down a Machinum official in cold blood when the man found out he was a clockwork man, and attempted to have him arrested for vagrancy, and force indentured to work in a Snell factory.

Thrown in jail for the crime to be executed, Lowe escaped with the help of a fellow inmate, who shared his hate for oppressive governments. The man represented an organization known as the Hands, who strived to overthrow the Machinum. As Lowe had already developed a deep hatred for the organization, he had no second thoughts on accepting the offer when his new found comrade asked if he would join the fight.

Today, Lowe lives in Britain, where he works as an agent of the Hand, doing his best to fight the Machinum at every turn in the role of the Claw's personal enforcer.

“The two most important rules in a gunfight are - always cheat and always win.”

SpaceChicken
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Name: Hannah Joy Snell

Race: Human

Appearance: Long, straight, black hair and eyes of identical color, with pale skin. 5'3" in height and slim. Wears soft, feminine clothes, fond of sundresses. Has pointed, feminine facial features and average-sized curves.

Personality: Quiet, thoughtful. She doesn't really speak until she has something to say, and tries to listen to all sides before coming to an opinion, decision, or conclusion. While she's by no means fearless, she is very determined. She can seem a bit brusque, but she isn't uncaring. (More to be figured out as RP goes on.)

Skills offered: Inside information/double agent

Equipment: Pretty much anything she asks her daddy for.

Background: Hannah is the only child of Mr. Snell. Naturally, she grew up with everything she could wish for.

She was used to seeing her father's mistreatment of the clockwork people and thought little of it, as it was all she knew. The tide began to change when she came home from school in the fifth grade one day and found her beloved nanny, a clockwork woman, was nowhere to be found. Upon asking her father where she was, she was told that she was too old for a nanny now and the woman had retired. Of course she was heartbroken, but it didn't occur to her that her nanny might not be safe.

Over time, she gathered information from the whispers she heard that her nanny had, in fact, been put to work in a factory and worked to death over the course of a year. At this point she began to realize that these clockwork people were being mistreated and dehumanized.

She thought long and hard about this; were they, in fact, people as well, or just machines? Did they deserve the same rights non-clockworks enjoyed? She started watching carefully to see if she could spot any glaring differences between the two species that would mark the clockwork people as being lower beings.

She couldn't.

At the age of eighteen, her feelings began to escalate from "Well, they're people too," to "this is outrageously wrong". She couldn't sit by and do nothing, not while her father had a severe hand in the terrible goings on.

She sought out and joined the Hand in secret at that point; whether she is actually trusted by them, she doesn't know, but is determined to do what she can to help at any rate.

Does that sound good? ^_^

Lox
01-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Sounds good indeed. :D Accepted! ;)

Kris
01-19-2012, 12:52 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Jonas Garland
01-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Name: Captain Yosti Caltari

Race: Clockwork Man

Appearance: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9246/yosti.png
Yosti stands at 6’ 7” (200cm) tall. He is broad shouldered, and very bulky. He has an intense presence, thoroughly giving light to his military past. His body is littered with scars from battle. Yosti shows off his clockwork side, not of choice. The flesh on one side of his face burnt away showing off the copper skull, and emerald glass eye. He always wears his naval uniform, which is blue with gold trim.

Personality: Yosti is a military man through and through. He is calm under fire, and hot headed when facing cowardice. He treats all people equally, giving all people the stern, seemingly angry and uncaring attitude that comes with a lifetime on the frontlines. Though that does not mean he treats children in this way. In the presence of children, Yosti will seem a whole lot nicer, and respectful. Yosti understands his own limits, and always makes sure to live up to them. Yosti is used to little quality of life, and as such, finds ‘finer’ things ridiculous and unnecessary.

Skills offered: He is a firearms expert, with side skills in explosives, and engineering.

Equipment: though Yosti has very little equipment other than various small arms, he is able to use pretty much any weaponry he is given effectively.

Background: Created by the Cromwell factory in London, Yosti was to be part of the Republican Naval forces of Britannia aboard their first large battleship. He was trained to be the captain wand was indoctrinated to be loyal to Britannia and the East India Trading company. In his early twenties, Yosti became the captain of the Solaris. The ship was designed to be a defensive ship which would stand in the way of the enemy ships and protect the humans from harm. It was designed to lose its soldiers, including the captain, but as time went on, Yosti gained militarised fame in his effectiveness against the armies he faced.

For ten years he was on the frontlines, protecting and fighting hand to hand with various enemy soldiers, and gained many scars from swords, spears, arrows and bullets. He survived the wars and returned home to England. There he would go through an ‘accident’ and lose his entire crew, burning the flesh from one side of his face in the process. Yosti was cast out of the military and blamed solely for the incident. Yosti ended up working for another small trading company across the Atlantic Ocean, where he would face against the pirates of the south. He enjoyed his time with the trading company, but eventually it came to a point where he was left behind in London.

With his time alone in London, picking up jobs where they came, Yosti began to realise life was seemingly against him. Eventually it came to a point where he realised the authorities was planning against him. They were keeping him in the lowest job, despite his achievements in the war. He planned to leave the country and was about to when he was approached by an agent of the claw. Given the choice between rebellion and retreat, he chose rebellion.

Lox
01-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Accepted! Welcome aboard! :D

SpaceChicken
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm curious as to how many more people we need before we start o:

Lox
01-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm going away tomorrow to do some emptying of my old apartment. Then I'm heading to Stockholm for a visit to the US embassy to get a visa. So I won't be back online until wednesday evening, but I'll get the IC up and running then! ;)

SpaceChicken
01-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Ooh okay. Can't wait :D

Lox
01-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Sorry, guys. Got a bit delayed, partly because of the trip and partly because my brother saw it fit to lend me Skyrim. :D Anyway, the IC thread will be up tomorrow!

Lox
01-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Aaaand it's up! Sorry for the delay, y'all!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=857615#post857615

SpaceChicken
01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Hmmm. I'd go next but I'm not quite sure what I wanna do. Anyone else wanna go before me?

Shepherd
01-30-2012, 02:59 AM
This Roleplay has been featured as one of this week's Roleplays of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/site.php)!

Elkay
01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Can I be something more... exotic, like one of my Hexindens?

Name: Eksis

Race: Hexinden

Appearance: As your typical Hexinden, Eksis has 6 legs and a long, sharp tail. His head comprises of insect-like jaws and a strong, organic headplate. His back is heavily armoured, but his underbelly has weakspots which can be exploited if flipped on to his back. On six legs, Eksis stands at 1.5m tall, but can rear up to 2 to 3m tall. His four front legs are capable of gripping and holding on to objects the way a human would. His jaws protrude from his head at a scary angle.
Picture :) (http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/Phovoula/hexinden.png)

Personality: Eksis was always a rebel, wanting to get out and be adventurous like all the beings he saw on human 'teleorasis' (TVs) and has thus tried to shape himself like a cowboy. This makes him do things without thinking, and he can often be rash and not plan things out. Eksis's hearts are in the right place, though, and he is always willing to help. In joining the rebellion, he believes that he can finally become the hero he dreams to be.

Skills offered: Eksis's 6 legs means he can travel and scout ahead much faster than a two or four legged being. Also, because of his more alien nature, it is harder to read what Eksis is thinking, making him good for carrying intelligence.

Equipment: Natural armor, paralytic poisons on jaws and tail. Eksis can use weaponry like guns if needed, but struggles to use small objects like knives. Any communication devices given to him, Eksis straps to his head.

Background: Eksis was born on a factory planet dedicated to creating the clockwork men, and like a lot of his kind, was used in heavy lifting and delivering parts. His mother quickly abandoned him due to being barely able to look after herself, but Eksis quickly adapted by copying both humans and clockwork men. An explosion at a factory gave Eksis the chance to escape, and he ended up scavenging for scraps and sleeping outside a TV shop. Upon seeing a film about saving the planet, Eksis longed to become a hero. After more wandering around, Eksis discovered the Hand, and requested to join them.

Merry
02-02-2012, 02:46 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg

SpaceChicken
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Anyone at all? o:

Elkay
02-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I was kinda waiting to be accepted before I post...