PDA

View Full Version : Western Highjinks (PG-13)

Duzzie101
02-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Tobias stared at the ceiling for a long while, he hadn't slept well at all and resided to just staring at the flaking paintwork. It was five days now that he had been unemployed, five days he'd lied to his mother and waltzed out of the house, all smiles and usual spring in his step before turning the corner and weeping pathetically to himself. He groaned turning onto his side feeling his stomach churn with unpleasant thoughts.

'What will happen to mother, the house, everything father worked for.' He groaned once again feeling the rush of panic set in, as it had every time he had woken up the past week.

He got up with some difficultly, swinging his legs over the side of his bed, they shook at the thought of lying to his mother once more. With a heavy heart and guilty conscience he washed, dressed and left for 'work'. After getting a fair distance from the house Tobias' shoulders slumped forward and he began to wonder the town. He'd grown quite bored of the small town already, the library could only offer a certain number of hours entertainment, before the never changing stock of books became dull to even browse through. He didn't dare show his face near the tea house, least one of the ladies recognized him and reported back to mother, besides he felt too sick with worry to eat.

It was then he paused at a shop he had passed many a time on his way to the station, he looked at the exterior, it was very pretty to his eye. Tobias' eyes were drawn to the paintings in the window and he couldn't help but coo slightly to himself. 'Very pretty' He thought drumming his finger tips lightly against his chin.

Cézare
02-05-2010, 02:34 AM
"What you mean you 'don't know?'" Cézar had perhaps passed the small counter that stood in the centre of his shop ten times or more, in the space of 3 minutes. To say he was angry, would be putting it softly, but it didn't take much to get the little Mexican riled up at the best of times. He paused momentarily to sift fingers through his hair, and disarray the mess of uneven strands to further his flustered appearance. With a final exasperated sigh he flung himself to a chair, presumably one that he claimed often, and lifted his shoes to rest on the counter. A series of inaudible expletives were reeled off in succession just under his breath, before near scathing look was sent in the direction of his 'employee'. "We sell THREE paintings this week, I pay you keep check on all this things, so then you tell me why you 'don't know' how much we make." With a movement quick enough to cause the worker to flinch, he swung his legs down and fixed the other with a smirk that held very little merriment. Cézar had every reason to be 'concerned', he couldn't read a single line of English, let alone manage to keep an eye on his accounts, money issues were never a strong point.

Curling a link of black beads around one finger, he crooned. "So maybe you pocket some, ah? You keep little secret from Cézar?" The feigned softness didn't last long, and his fist connected with the table hard enough to cause his half consumed cup of coffee to rattle and spill. Soon he was shouting, again, "I'm not no stupid!" This was likely to go on all day, and he'd have the poor blighter sobbing at his feet before he allowed him to even think about crawling out the door. Although he didn't look tough outright, he had perfected intimidation to a fine art.

Thus he continued to flit around his shop, shouting and pointing toward the various works of art on display. His torrent seemed to be mostly directed at the small plaques bellow each piece, gesturing toward the written prices before making elaborate waving motions and shaking his head. Likely, from the outside, he looked more than a little unhinged. Canvases were poked at, adjusted in a way that made them somehow more crooked than before he'd touched them. Inside it was a dusty sort of shop, likely in need of a good clean although it wasn't terrible old. And the vibrancy of the works on display made up for much of the shabbiness and dirt of the walls they were set upon. They were very good too, and a cultured being would be able to spot the masterpieces among the lot instantly. Although, those with a superior eye might notice an oddness to them, hard to place. Cézar had attempted to 'decorate' the place with oddly matched curtains and strange decorations here and there, much of which jarred with the overall design.

As customers began flitted in and out, his demeanor snapped from furious to friendly with an alarming ease. Bright, charming grin to would be customers, and hopeless scowl resurfacing as soon as their backs were turned.

Duzzie101
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Tobias took to staring at the works in the window, his fingers tapping his chin continuously as he cooed and smiled with pleasure. He had long had a soft spot for art, though he struggled to draw the simplest of things he still found a lot of pleasure merely looking.

He spent a long while gazing in the window, though the urge to go inside grew, it made Tobias' heart flutter with nerves. 'The manager most probably won't appreciate browsers.' He thought. He watched as a couple glanced at the art and then headed inside, to the delight of the lady who giggled happily. Tobias nodded his head in greeting, saying a cheerful "Good morning." Before they headed inside. He turned back to the window, he set a hand against the glass, only to wince and lift it again to see his paw covered in dirt. He raised his glasses and eyed the window, it was filthy! Tobias' lips pressed into a fine line as he fought the urge to pick up a rag and clean the surface.

The doorbell rattled and Tobias jumped slightly as the couple from earlier hurried out of the door, both looking stunned as they walked away from the shop. Tobias' eyebrow twitched upward, curious he slowly poked his head round the still open door. He heard and saw nothing for a while before he heard yelling and various noises coming from further within the shop. He winced, "Oh." He said to himself about to close the door again when he heard something to do with money, not knowing, stealing. Tobias' ears twitched as he slowly walked inside, in his mind he was cursing at himself, his instinct to turn and flee pulling at him but his need to help, whoever was yelling kept him glued to the spot, his whiskers trembling slightly. "Um, hello?" He called out cautiously. "Hello?"

Cézare
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Cézar was still shouting. Worse still, he seemed to be getting louder and angrier as the discussion progressed. Likely he was now audible from the outside too. “And this piece? This even priced correctly?” he narrowed bright golden eyes at the plaque as is trying to decipher some sort of secret code. Then with a huff it was left alone, and his employee was once again approached, all personal space completely ignored as a single finger was jammed directly below eye sight. “If I find out you just give these away, I swear I will kil-.” He coughed, continued to fix his assistant (who had slowly begun to back away from such a threatening approach) with a silent glare, before he swung about on an ankle. Again the blaze of temper were doused by the prospect of a sale, and he stepped toward Tobias with arms outstretched as if he meant to randomly embrace him. Long chains of black beads clinked softly together as moved with an exaggerated swing of the hip, a dancers sort of movement. He didn’t much lower his tone, not even for a friendly greeting. Cézar bellowed loud enough to startle even the toughest nerve.
“Buenos días, senor! You want buy art? This one I recommend, this one we get over sea from England, is very popular style right now.” He gestured lazily to a landscape, some pastoral scene with sunshine and greenery. Charming really, although it wasn’t to his tastes, which he indicated with a faint curl of the lip.
“If you want more, eh, how’s it? Like ah, fresh style? We have also,” and the bay cat smiled fondly and indicated toward some darker pieces with storms and giant waves.
“So how can I give service for you, my amigo? You want something for parlor, maybe for study? We have nice flouncey things for ladies.” A sharp pointed elbow was applied to Tobias’ ribs with just a little too much force, before the mexican winked, chuckled, and saunted a little to the side. He didn’t leave much room for Tobias to add his end of the conversation, before flitting off as something else caught his attention. His sales pitch had much to be desired

Cézare left his customer for a minute or so as he moved into a section off little area which contained yet more paintings. These had a different feel, used more rich colours and depicted desert landscapes and scorching heat. He adjusted one fondly, before catching sight of his worker.“You, sort this out right now!” Cézare hissed at his disgruntled employee, who made a less than savory hand gesture toward the back of the feline’s head before he disappeared into a back room. Reappearing again he entwined his arms across his chest, canted his head, and stared expectantly at Tobias. Apparently, he was now allowed to speak.

Duzzie101
02-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Tobias had gradually stepped away from the oncoming man, his back bumping against the hard surface of the door when elbowed in the ribs. He stood his mouth agape, hands risen in a defensive and surrendering manner, unsure of what to say. The onslaught of words and bizarre body language baffled Tobias and after the small man before him stopped talking, he merely blinked at him a bemused and apprehensive expression crossing his features.

"Uhm, well I... that is I mean..." Tobias looked about lowering his hands to fiddle with the edge of his waistcoat. "I-I merely, well I was outside and..." Tobias gave a slight whine of frustration as he struggled to try and explain himself through his nervousness, he cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. "Sorry let me start again, um Sir, I was, um outside when I heard some yelling, of course it really isn't my business but I, well that is, you sounded like you were having trouble." Tobias smiled awkwardly as he reached back subtly, searching blindly for the door handle wishing to escape before the strange shop manager began yelling once more. "But of course you seem to be busy so I'll just.."

Cézare
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Cézare likely did not make Tobias’ attempts at explanation any easier, not with the look of mild impatience that had begun to surface through the tapping of one foot, and the further angling of his head. None the less, he actually remained quite still and quiet as he awaited his still perceived customer to speak. When he gathered a response, the Mexican’s brow contorted, and he fixed Tobias with a long, hard stare. Very slowly his mouth down-turned, jaw clenching grimly for a second as he allowed an uncomfortable lapse of silence to pass between them both. He closed his eyes, pressed two fingers to his temple, exhaled deeply in a way that was almost theatrical. When he spoke once more, the words were relayed slowly, as if he were attempting to anaylse them himself.“So you not want to buy?” one foot stomped hard upon the wooden floor, before he flung up a hand and looked skyward as if the heavens might hold some answers. “Time wasters, ay!” he barked once more, shifting as if he meant to turn and simply leave the poor fellow teetering at the doorway.

Instead, Cézare moved aside to peer through the large glass windows and observe the bustling stretch of shops and and buildings beyond. He grabbed at his dishelled hair once again, and spoke a little more gently, apparently more than happy to converse about it. “But trouble, always there is trouble,” if Tobias had not yet fled the vicinity, he’d jab a sharp finger at his arm again. His brief lapse into quiet was not set to last long, and soon volume of voice was lifting back up. ”You think you can get decent worker here? No! All useless! I tell you, amigo, if I set this up back home, no troubles.” He lifted a brow toward the other, leaned his weight into the glass. “But what it to you, ah?” Cézare began to smirk almost cruelly, tone ringing out with his amusement. Behaving nervously around him was never wise, he’d seize and delight in making Tobias just about as uncomfortable as he could.“You think you help me with problems, senor?”

Duzzie101
02-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Tobias paused in his flailing at the door to flinch at the manager's yells, "I-I'm sorry I haven't got the money to..." He started only to cower when the man came close, as if he feared of being struck by the smaller man. After a few moments waiting for a hit that didn't come he blinked an eye open. He turned and watched the man as he looked out of the window, struck with a sudden feeling of worry for the man at the mention of trouble.

He flinched once more at the poke but remained where he was, his thoughts of escape forgotten as his urge to help started to grow. He flushed slightly at the direct question and he gulped, "Well, if you are in need of help, I would um, happily offer my assistance, sir." Tobias' grip on the door lightened, "Though it would also depend on what um, troubles you are having sir, though I would be glad to do my best, um sir." Tobias risked a smile as his hand reached up to adjust his glasses. His mother had always said for him to be more careful in trusting some one so easily, though it seemed to just be in his nature to trust any one and every one, 'Besides,' He thought to himself, 'This fella must be in some trouble, to be yelling like he was.' Tobias smiled once again holding out a hand towards the shop manager enthusiastically wishing to get better acquainted. "Tobias J. Turner." He said cheerfully.

Cézare
02-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Cézare’s grin surged wickedly at the brilliant display of terror he was provoking, but all the same he tried hard to remain nonplussed and offhand in his manner. “Ah mi dios, stop with your flustering! I only kill if you try and steal paintings, ay?” It was spoken in jest, but the smile offered up was just a touch unnerving. He drawled at Tobias with an element of cynicism to his tone, “And just ah, what ‘assistance’ could you offer?” Cézare regarded him with a slow look, inspecting from tip to toe in a way that much too critical to be deemed polite. He was rather suspicious of the fellow, reluctant to disclose too much information given the circumstances. After a pause in which he decided how best to go about this, the bay cat jabbed a finger over his shoulder to indicate toward one of the back rooms. Likely his employee could hear every word spoke, so loud was the volume of his voice. This was entirely intentional, if not a touch reckless on his part.
“Idiots, you know? I pay to look after accounts, check the money, si? I’m very busy, I have not time to be checking this figure and checking that figure. But they tell me they don’t know how much some paintings go for, not keep track!”
Large golden eyes rolled within their sockets, before his shoulders rolled and faint smirk returned upon his lips. He clicked his fingers beneath Tobias’s nose, before declaring with a sort of delight, “Is no problem though, I fire him!” Cézare was ruthless, and he had every intention to bed rid of any who failed him in such important business. After every action, he made sure to keep an eye on Tobias to gauge his response. He still wasn’t entirely sure whether or not to suspect the fellow, but he’d delve to discover some inclining toward his intentions. He found it rather odd, that the stranger appeared so eager to assist. “Cézare,” he replied more softly, and swept a hand as if to brush the introduction aside. No last name was given.

Duzzie101
02-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Tobias twitched slightly as he was looked over, his held out hand trembling slightly as he had an overwhelming urge to cover his mid section, as he even admitted to himself, that he was gaining weight around that area as of late. Tobias listened and watched the man in awe, he was so bizarre to him, very eccentric and different. He found himself listening intently until the click of the man's fingers startled him so, that the trance like state broke.

He pouted his lips slightly and lowered his hand in a embarrassed fashion, when he realized it wasn't going to be taken, "Oh Mr, um Cézare, please don't, I would feel awful to think I encouraged the firing of your employee!" Tobias pleaded as he wrung his hands together in a worried way. "I was only meaning to offer help, which would be temporary, wouldn't it?" Tobias said with a tremor in his voice. "Though, not meaning to sound boastful sir, accounts and book keeping are specialties of mine." Tobias said, his cheeks and ears flushing, 'Oh listen to me, what would mother think?' He thought his finger tips tapping against his chin.

Cézare
02-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Cézare shrugged once more as he distributed most of his weight onto his hip. Immaculate fingernails were inspected, before he released an airy, forlorn little sigh.“Well, he will probably kill me,” the Mexican mused, a faint hint of amusement just noticeable in his tone. “Has little small children to feed, you know? But, you mess up for Cézare, is no second chances! I not have time to go running around sorting out mess, busy, so much to do.” Just at that second his rather burly employee returned from the backroom and resettled at the desk in the corner. From there he watched his boss with a look that did indeed suggest murderous intent. The fellow didn’t look much like one who’d been through education, more close to a petty crook. The comment in regards to his family life was also rather dubious. Cézare was practically feeding from poor Tobias’ anxious looks and gestures.

For a moment though he seemed not to listen to the others words, until his attention was snagged back as Tobias mentioned his familiarity with accounting. Head snapped back as he stalked closer again, all light jest removed from his features as stern eyes narrowed. “Is that so, senor? You have skill in this area?” He murmured in seriousness, moving ringed fingers to rub at his chin before smiling in a way he hoped appeared friendly. “What happy, ah how it said? Co-en-dencey?” Arms laced together once more as he rocked back on his heels, continuing to study Tobias in his disquieting critical manner before firing off a series of questions and demands.“You work in this at moment? You employed?” Not that it mattered much to Cézare.

“As for temporary, depends how much you are useful. If you prove good, I keep you. I have monies, you get salary better than any you currently have. You name for me price, is done.” Cézare directed forcefully, making it quite apparent that he didn’t take no for an answer. In response to Tobias’ comment about his mother, the Mexican slowly lifted an eyebrow and smirked once again, watching him in an almost predatory fashion. Cogs were spinning furiously within his mind.

Duzzie101
02-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Tobias once again didn't know what to say, he resembled a fish out of water for a few moments before a look of pure dread grew. "Oh I, sir I." He looked between both Mr Cézare and his current employee, "I couldn't, small children I, I.." Tobias chewed one of his claws nervously, "Yes, well I do have those, skills, though maybe I could teach your man, maybe?" Tobias tried to suggest, the image of poor starving children burning in his mind's eye, though their father looked quite the brute.

"Coincidence, yes it is isn't it?" Tobias tittered nervously, it was obvious that he was frightened by the appearance of Mr Cézare's employee, though he couldn't help but think selfishly about his current unemployment, his elderly mother and the expenses that needed to be paid. He licked his lips nervously, thinking of how in a few weeks time, when the savings would be gone, his secret would be out, he would have failed his mother, his father's memory. He shuddered his mind torn in two and playing a cruel tug of war.

Cézare
02-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Cézare laughed loudly and shook his head, “Don’t be idiot, it take too long to teach him!” He paid little mind to Tobias concern regarding the children he’d invented from thin air, the statement had been long forgotten. Both lowering his tone to a whisper, and concealing his speech behind the back of a hand, he leaned in closer to Tobias. “He not very bright, you know?” Despite his best efforts, the gruff worker had clearly had quite enough of the Mexican’s antics. He raised from behind the desk and strolled fiercely closer to the pair. Cézare was shot a final parting look that suggested he’d made himself an enemy, before the other pushed his way to the door and stormed out slamming the thing behind him. He appeared not to notice.
“But, if you no want the money, I guess I find someone else. Plenty people want to work here, is such nice, quiet shop. Gracias though, all the same.” Perhaps Cézare had noticed Tobias’ interest in the artwork, and was playing most cruelly upon it. Although his suggestion that the shop was ‘quiet’ was almost laughable, given the loud manner of it’s owner. The bay cat’s expression became one of quiet melancholy, as he slunk slowly back to his desk and collapsed onto the empty chair behind it. One finger trailed dejectedly in a circular motion across the wood.

Duzzie101
02-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Tobias' face pinched into a extremely worried expression as Cézare continued to insult the, rather large, muscular, mean looking man. He held his breath as the small man drew close and whispered more insults.

When the employee stood and walked out, Tobias' heart felt as if it had tried to leap outside of his mouth. He gulped loudly and looked after the employee his stomach turning with guilt, it was quite obvious that the man wasn't coming back and Tobias felt he hadn't helped.

When Mr Cézare once again mentioned about money, Tobias lowered his head and bit his lip, he couldn't, could he? "Mr Cézare, sir?" He sucked in a deep breath his tail twitching nervously, "Your man isn't coming back, is he? Poor children." Tobias bit his lip again, as his eyes stung and his chest pinched with guilt, "So you need um, help with the accounts, that right sir? That is, I am currently... unemployed, it seems wrong to ask, under the circumstances but please, I have an elderly mother and a house to run." He lowered his eyes feeling ashamed for grasping for employment, when the last employee had just that moment quit.

Cézare
02-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Cézare remained slumped over his desk, making himself appear as small and forlorn as possible. When Tobias spoke again, the bay cat didn’t even lift his head, just continued to peer down and rifle through what pieces of paper had been left out. He didn’t even know what he was looking at, and one sheet was clearly upside down.“What I do for you now, hmm Tobias?” The small Mexican wasn’t shouting currently, and the mumbled response first given was just as sorrowful as his appearance. Slowly his head lifted up as he reclined back into his seat, lacing his fingers together and setting them to rest upon his stomach. “’Course he no come back, would you come back after that?” Cézare eyed Tobias in a manner that suggested he actually supposed the other –would- return after such treatment.

With a groan he unlocked his hands, and pressed the palms flat over his eyes and cheeks.“Ah the children, the children! If lug manage to find himself woman crazy enough to give children, then I pay double for him to sit around looking ugly.” When his features were revealed again, Cézare’s devilish grin was just about splitting his skull appart. He regarded Tobias coolly before slipping from his seat and moving to adjust another canvas. Every reason the other had given for needing the job was ignored. “You start 8 o clock tomorrow, I usually open half seven here. You have Sundays free, and certain days we close shop for Mexican celebrations. All paperwork keeping in little room downstairs, I show you tomorrow also, I give you tour.” He paused in his adjustment before setting his sights on Tobias once again, and then declaring with enthusiasm. “Tonight we go for celebratory drink! You drink, amigo?”

Duzzie101
02-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Tobias watched the other cat's behavior, his eyebrows pinched in worry as he seemed to be very upset. Tobias moved closer about to ask the man if he was okay when his cries made him jump and lean back as if Cezare meant to hit him.

Tobias' mouth opened and closed seemingly unable to form a response to the mention of employment, "You mean, I.. really!?" He was baffled as to what had just occurred, "B-but I thought it was only to sort out your books, sir, I mean you don't... A drink?... Mr Cezare I hardly know you." Tobias blinked wondering how in God's creation he had gotten himself in to this situation.

Cézare
02-21-2010, 12:25 AM
“Don’ make me repeat myself, Tobias,” Cézare replied flatly in response to his job offer, entwining his fingers together as his chest came forward and chin lifted with an air of authority. For a passing moment his expression lost much of it’s initial delight at the prospect of dragging the fellow to some shady bar along with him, and there was only a look of dull impatience to replace it. He would not press too long on this matter, Cézare was not one to beg. But it seemed that to refuse the Mexican would not put Tobias in the best position. Grudges were something Cézare festered very easily. Livening up once more, the bay cat released a rather loud, somewhat obnoxious laugh.“Oh is just one drink, s’not like we go out picking wallpaper patterns after. Relax, amigo,” he teased, lounging back in his chair as to bask in the glow of Tobias’s discomfort. One brow arched as his smirk returned freshly.

“Plus, that’s how you get to know. And… you do wan’ get to know your boss, si? We gonna be spending a loooong time together.”

Oh dear.

Duzzie101
02-21-2010, 12:43 AM
"Uh, Uh no Sir." Tobias gulped feeling his heart rate quicken at the stern look, this man may have been much smaller than Tobias but being the timid man that he was, any strong look or harsh word made him weak with fear.

Tobias' lip twitched into a nervous smile when Cezare laughed and he tittered slightly in response. After the smaller man's comments on wallpaper picking Tobias couldn't help but blush, he hadn't meant his last statement to suggest such thoughts. His hands started to fiddle with the edge of his waistcoat, like a bashful belle Tobias thought to himself. Tobias pouted at his own imagination and smoothed his hands down his front, before clasping them together and wringing them worriedly, he didn't like Mr Cezare's tone with his last sentence, he didn't like it at all.

Con-tarn it how had this happened?

Cézare
02-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Cézare smacked a hand to the table as one would in a fit of temper, but followed it up quick enough with a bizarre movement that involved him half leaping over his desk. Paper whirling to the floor behind him was completely dismissed and left to float to where it wished upon the floor. The sudden motion, as well as the slightly deranged manner of exiting his seat was sure to rattle already nervous Tobias even more. One might think he’d done it on purpose, although the foot marks all over that desk spoke differently. He stood near to his new ‘employee’, a moment taken to brush down his attire and regain some sort of feigned composure. “So we go!” he announced cheerfully, oblivious to his own actions.

“Is not so far, and we get you home nice and early. So no worry for your mother, ah?” the Mexican crooned, peering up at taller Tobias with a half sneer twisting his lips. The bay cat had him sussed. “You have rest of your day for enjoyment, is no working until tommorow.” Strong fingers siezed Tobias fore arm, and if the other fellow did not protest, dragged him back over to the dusty windows. From there on, he indicated to a rather dubious looking saloon on the opposite street, just a little way down from his gallery. “You meet me there, 8 o clock tonight, my treat.”

Trust Cézare to have set up shop so close to a drinking establishment, now that was likely purposeful.

Duzzie101
02-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Tobias let out a small yelp when the man launched himself over the desk, a part of him shocked at such an action and another couldn't help but be impressed, though the marks that were left on such a lovely desk, made his lip twitch fractionally with irritation.

Tobias' fur stood on end at the touch but followed obediently not wishing to anger Mr Cezare. He looked out the window and hummed in reply to Cezare's words, it seemed there was no way he could escape this sudden contract at the moment, maybe at the saloon? No! Tobias thought shaking his head, he was a respectable man, mother would certainly not approve, though there was no way that he want to anger this bizarre man, he seemed the sort that would turn violent.

"Treat?" Tobias looked to the smaller man one of his eyebrows raising slightly.

Cézare
02-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Single track mind Cézare no longer paying much attention to his victim, and had instead taken to eyeballing anyone who might pass by his shop front. It was only Tobias’s comment that caused his head to turn, large eyes fixing a hard stare upon the other. He looked exasperated. “Meaning I –pay-, honestly! Anyone think you never been drinking no where befores.”

“But no more of this, I have painting to finish, so busy. You meet there, si?” he half waved Tobias away, stuffing his fingers into his pockets and already sauntering back toward his desk. Important paperwork was not avoided, and instead found itself trodden upon. How Cézare’s business managed to stay afloat was anyone guess. It would be up to Tobias whether or not to make an appearance, and likely his job opportunity was resting upon this drink. He could, by all means, back out the shop and never set foot it in again. Try and find a different form of work, with a less unhinged management. The Mexican would leave it up to him to decide, and he was ever so looking forward to waiting on the result.

Duzzie101
03-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Tobias blinked and watched the other man for a few moments in dumbfounded silence, he then reached for the door and vacated the building as fast as possible.

During the next few hours Tobias' brain practically hummed with thoughts. He was employed, sort of, by a very strange and frightening small man, who seemed the type who was keen to violence. He continued to be distracted even as he ventured into his home. His mother watched him for a while, her son not displaying the normal fussiness around her, actually giving her some breathing space for once, as he fretted and worried his lip while sat in the corner in his father's armchair.

Tobias was shooed up the stairs to bed after his mother had, had enough of his foolishness when he began to chew his claws, making both an awful mess and noise. Tobias remained dressed, sat up on his bed wondering what to do. The gentleman had invited him, though mother was irradiated enough already, god knew what would happen if she had caught him sneaking out late at night. He whined high in his throat, it would mean he was deceiving his mother again if he did go drinking, though this man was no ordinary man, he was his employer, sort of. He frowned to himself at that thought, he hadn't wanted employment, not really.

"I'm only going to go and try and convince the man that this morning was a mistake, yes that's it." Tobias said to himself as he pulled on his coat and opened his bedroom door. "Nothing bad about that... though I won't tell mother... don't wish to worry her." He mumbled before sneaking past the living room and out of the front door.

Cézare
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Managing to practically force a painting or two on some unsuspecting buyers, Cézare completed his day with waning amusement. With his prey was no longer in sight, bitter truth had already begun to dawn on him. He had sacked his previous worker in the spur of the moment, and finding new employment would not be as an easy task. The Mexican didn’t at all expect simpering Tobias to make an appearance as ordered, no, that would be much too perfect. Still, he had every intention on going out drinking, like he did almost every evening. Dabbing on some cologne that smelled of spice and the exotic, Cézare maneuvered his way over to the drinking establishment. It was a familiar joint, and giving his flamboyant appearance, he’d quickly become recognised there. The attention, often erring toward the negative, given his manner.

He occupied a stool near the counter, fingers moving into his pockets to pry out a Cuban cigar and release a days worth of tension with it. Appearance was nonchalant, keen to appear otherwise disinterested, despite the fact that golden eyes were shifting every now and then to those swinging doors. After a time, (and a drink or two), the Mexican stumbled his way into conversation with a rowdy bunch to his left, and his booming laughter made his presence easily known to new arrivals.

Duzzie101
03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Tobias sneaked around the streets like a man on the run, trying to not appear suspicious and failing like the middle aged, dumpling of a man that he was. Scooting around in the dark until he arrived at the saloon. He nervously waited at the door, pondering in his mind whether this was the right thing to do, saloons were rough, every one would have a gun or knife, he'd heard stories, read the penny press leaflets. He trembled thinking of turning tail and running, before Mr Cezare crossed his mind. His ears twitched and he sighed before pushing his way through the swing doors.

Cézare
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Bay cat might of not bothered to turn, had his attention not been directed to those doors by the eyes of his bar mates. It was a rough place he’d chosen, populated by mostly travelers and cowboys and well, drunks. Cézare himself looked all sorts of odd just sitting there, in his lavish clothing and forcibly imposed sophistication. He shifted about upon his stool as gust of air stirred at his collar, cigar to the corner of his mouth still, tumbler of scotch gripped in his hand, and grinned widely. He was wonderfully surprised to see the other again, especially in this small section of Hell. Mexican clambered onto his stool, (likely dousing those nearby with droplets of drink) and balanced unsteadily upon the seat of it. Entirely so he could make himself seen above those who, even seated, rather excelled him in height. “’EY, ‘OLA TOBIAS!” he bellowed, loud enough to wake the dead. Free hand moved to steady himself upon the shoulder of a less than pleased looking fellow, who scowled up at the shouting bay cat rather darkly. Cézare continued to beckon with a flailing hand, black beads swinging around his neck.

Duzzie101
03-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Tobias was stood in the door way, his wide eyes magnified behind the thick glass of his spectacles. His heart was hammering with both fear and slight excitement, the saloon was gritty and a place were a cat like Tobias would most likely get hurt, though that thought didn't stop the shiver of curiosity run down his spine as he glanced around.

At the yell he himself yelled with surprise, pressing a hand to his chest and looking around, sure enough he spotted Mr Cezare waving above a crowd, was he on the bar, or somebody's shoulders? Tobias thought, though he brushed the question aside as he slowly and tentatively moved across the room towards the other man, trying to ignore the feeling of many eyes watching him.

Cézare
03-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Cézare did little to stem those looks, no, he probably encouraged even more of them. Whether oblivious to it, or intentionally attracting as much attention to himself as possible, it was hard to tell. With awkward an agility he clambered down the stool, sloshing yet more of his scotch over the one who he’d uninviting used as a plinth. He offered nothing by way of thanks to fellow, nor apologise for showering him in fine drink. To close the gap between them, the Mexican slid forward a step or two to snag Tobias by the forearm and haul him nearer the bar. “Is good you show, Tobias! What for your drink ah? Is good day you have?” Large eyes flitted toward the bar to snag the tender, as he pushed others aside to reclaim his seat. Cézare did not change much under the influence of alcohol, aside from the raising of his vocal cords to monstrous heights, and the apparent lack of regard for any around him. Not the best mix in such an establishment.

Duzzie101
03-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Tobias made a small noise of shock as he was pulled towards the bar, which he landed against, his hip throbbing slightly from the impact. "Good evening Sir. Uh, I'll have a water if that is alright sir." Tobias said his eyes flicking over to the man nearest to him (practically flush against his side), his ears twitched, the room was packed, the area around the bar was particularly crowded. Though the sound of a crowded bar didn't seem to hinder Mr Cezare's ability to be loud, Tobias noted wishing he was able to move his arms without bashing anyone, so he could cover his ears.

Cézare
03-03-2010, 11:33 PM
The dreadful sort of culture shock that Cézare was inflicting upon his companion was relished, and he was by no way going to make it easy. He quickly found his place back upon a stool, a vague look of irritation at being swamped by many taller than him. Head angled sideways to Tobias, as he arched a brow and even lowered his tone “Water? What is this?” Head shook slowly, as if in disappointment with the request. “You have proper drink!” he declared, signaling toward the tender to have his glass refilled, whilst rumaging for yet another cigar. “You can no come to bar and drink water, you drink that anyplace. Plus, you not so look like fish out of stream after one or two.” Unnerving grin lit up the smaller felines features for a moment, although he made no moves to acquire a drink for Tobias. Pushy to a point, cruel maybe, but he wasn’t going to enforce too much so early on. Perhaps some shred of morality beneath the surface.

Duzzie101
03-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Tobias pushed his glasses further up his nose and looked at the other man quizzically, "Out of stream?.. You mean fish out of water!" Tobias tensed under Cezare's tone and smile, he was uncomfortable with the thought of drinking, wasn't the plan to try and get out this sudden employment? Tobias reminded himself. "Uh well I suppose I could have a lemonade then, though I thought of water to make it cheaper for you sir." Tobias said smiling slightly, only to have it fall as he was bumped into Mr Cezare by a group of people pushing past. "Sorry sir!" Tobias exclaimed pushing himself away from the man, his face reddening as he started to become flustered.

Cézare
03-03-2010, 11:50 PM
The Mexican frowned, grumbled his first response rather moodily “I say what I mean!” before his ears lifted to receive the new selection. When lemonade was stated, his features fell again and he gripped the flesh between his eyes, and released a low, weary sigh. “Cheaper. Water cost nothing. You insult me, you think I no able to afford any drink you want? Hmm? If I no want to buy you drink, I don’t, is simple!” Little rant was cut short by the sudden bump, and Cézare only scowled and made no response. It seemed he might lapse into a horrible sort of silence, but instead he swung at the hip and bellowed after the group “Why you no watch where you going? People is drinking here!” He didn’t bother to note the effect of his words, merely shifted back to the counter to acquire Tobias lemonade with a sullen look. What a nightmare.

Duzzie101
03-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Tobias shifted and felt his chest tighten with worry at the other man's response, at one moment he thought he was going to be hit, when the small man began to yell after the rude group, Tobias naturally began to wave his hands, worriedly trying to calm Mr Cezare down.

Tobias silently looked between the bar and the man, why don't you just say it? He thought, just say I'm sorry I won't be able to work for you sir, thank you all the same. He worried his lip his fingers tapping gently against the worn surface of the bar. He looked at Mr Cezare and he felt his chest pinch again at the man's expression. "I didn't mean to insult you sir, it's merely a habitual thing to order the cheapest of things, in some cases that is... also I don't drink, apart from the odd brandy to warm myself on cold evenings." Tobias chuckled as he pushed his glasses up his nose, hoping that his words would cheer the other cat up.

Cézare
03-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Cézare watched the waving of hands with a look perplexity, as if unsure of what Tobias was attempting. He even glanced over his shoulder briefly, as if expecting something to be in sight.

“Then we break habit, si? Cézare had a knack for sounding threatening. Be it derived from runing his own business, or somewhere else, there was always a hint of authority to much of what he said. Tobias comment in regards to his drinking habits caused the Mexican to sort of… stare vacantly up at him. Large golden eyes appeared devoid of thought for a moment, and then blinked slowly. He gripped his crystal tumbler, and half downed the scotch. The others nature was enough to set him drinking with abandon. He did not look at all cheered by the comment, head turned aside so that cigar could be drawn upon theatrically. To to the corner of his eyes he noted the group he’d just bellowed at were sort of looking in his direction, and thus he greeted them with a half sneer. Very clever.

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Tobias never noticed the sneer Cezare had made, as his lemonade was passed to him by the bar tender, who cocked a worried eyebrow at the man. Tobias merely forced a thankful smile as he took the tumbler and sighed through his nose. He hoped he would make it through this night in one piece, though the way Mr Cezare acted Tobias knew violence would soon follow. Tobias shuddered at the thought and comforted himself with a sip of lemonade, only to shudder again, barely keeping in his small noise of disgust at the flavour. He set the glass down gently, jostling politely for some room as he removed his glasses and began to clean them with his handkerchief.

"Habit sir?" He pondered as he rubbed the lenses delicately. "I don't call an occasional sip of brandy habit, though that is merely my thought on the matter." Tobias added as he looked up green eyes watering slightly in the dimly lit and smokey room.

Cézare
03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
With back suddenly straigher than it had been before, Cézare’s expression grew even. He regarded his company with one of his critical sideways glances, unimpressed curve of the mouth and eyes half lidded. Designed to cause unease in the other, seeking it out even.
The change in posture was somehow trying to polish his up his previous actions, appear more refined and collected than he actually was. Those lazy eyes resettled on Tobias slowly, shifting from his choice of drink, the glasses. “Is no bad habit to drink, is bad habit to be polite with me. You working for me now, so I no want hear about expenses. If you want it, I buy it, very simple.” He continued to reel off his rules matter-of-factly with glass raised to catch the light, and contents swirled with an idle rotation of the wrist. Oblivious to the advances of those he’d happened to ‘upset’ with a sour look and harsh word, as they made a steady sort of approach nearer to where he was situated. Looming figures soon over shadowed the meager stature of Cezáre, taking their turn to sneer down at him. He didn’t turn, attention was still rooted on Tobias for now. “Plus here you no want look like you no drink, you make for yerself easy target. Is best to blend in, no attract too mucho attention, Que no?” Speak of the Devil.

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Tobias listened to the other man's words,nodding along before sighing silently and placing his glasses back on. "I understand that I have upset you sir, though when I said I wasn't a big drinker I meant it." Tobias' eyes drifted up, his mind barking out his own rules, no drinking, no sneaking out, NO LYING! Tobias almost whimpered before looking back at the other man, "Though, you are being very generous, so maybe," Tobias bit his lip glancing sidewards at the bar. "One drink?" He smiled ever so slightly before a thought hit him, "Ah though there is one thing I wished to say sir, um about the job offer, it was very gener..ous..." Tobias' ears folded back and his face pulled into a terrified grimace as he spotted the mean looking men behind Mr Cezare.

Cézare
03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Cézare’s eyes darkened, and his mouth twisted with a sort of impish glee. It was, in a word, alarming. The return of the glasses to their position at last put an end to Cézare's tireless observations of Tobias face, and his elbows met with the counter to draw the tender back within his sights with a light gesture. Remnants of glass were drained with a brisk tip of rim to his smirking lips, before his shoulders lifted. “You no have to worry, I take good care of you.” Not really very comforting, what with that expression in place, but perhaps good intentions were in there somewhere. When the other at last announced what the Mexican wanted to hear, he drew a hand forward to smack it hard upon the counter with gusto. “Aha, si! One drink, is good.” Still looking elsewhere, small ears shifted to take in the beginning of Tobias’ sentence, scoffing halfway before it’s completion. There was little way he was getting out of this now. “Mmm? Ah mi dios, no more gracious, por favour? Is make my head hurt. You just do good job, and things stay nice and friendly.” Unusually for him, his companions words petering away caused Cézare’s eyes to flit back to him. The worried expression was greeted with the rolling of large eyes within their sockets, completely misunderstanding the context of such a look. With bubbling irritation, he began to address Tobias with a pointed finger “So you no need to look so…”, before he felt himself completely overshadowed. He twisted at the waist to fix the one who dared tower over him with another spiteful glare. But this one was short lived.

“Worried,” Cézare finished, as several angry sets of eyes shifted from him to Tobias. Initial reservations were quickly brushed aside as arrogant Mexican’s eyes trailed the group, who numbered 4 in total. All rather tall, unkempt, and coated in a thick layer of dust. The scent of alcohol that wafted from them was close to obnoxious. “Is not enough room this side of bar, quite obvious. No amount of pushing will get yer thick hides any closer to counter, so move off.” The bay cat’s ‘spirited’ discussion provoked the exchange of amused glances, and the slow shaking of heads from the unwholesome party. One of their number merely murmured “I think we need to teach you some manners, hmm?”

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
At the question of being worried Tobias merely answered, with what could have been described as a noise. The nasty glares that he received from the group of thugs mad Tobias' heart thud against his chest with fear. His hands made grasping motions before settling in the sleeve of Cezare's shirt, "S-s-s-sir!" Tobias stuttered in what would have been an embarrassingly high pitch, had Tobias not been concentrating on trying to not faint or let out the shrill scream that his body seem desperate to do.

At the mentioning of teaching of lessons Tobias promptly began to cower behind the smaller man, his feet itched to run away and his stomach lurched as he wished to be home and tucked in his large comfy bed.

"P-please apologize sir!" Tobias squeaked his hands once again curling into the other cat's shirt, though Tobias was unsure of why the men had threatened Mr Cezare and himself, he had been too busy cleaning his glasses.

Cézare
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Cézare peered down at those grasping fingers, following them up Tobias’ own arm until he met his eyes once more. Features shifted into a frown, as he hissed “Get control of yourself,” sternly under his breath. The Mexican himself continued to lounge nonchalantly into his seat, pulling yet another cigar from the realms of his pocket and toying with the thing. Despite his ridiculous height, he –appeared- totally unfazed by the attention he’d attracted. He even smiled dimly to himself, continuing to converse with Tobias as if the others weren’t even there. “Oh por favour, I know these types. Not so good in polite company, too much time pushing cows around. Think they can push others around, like so? Tch.” Cigar was slipped to the corner of his mouth, one hand waving the others away like a bothersome pest. “Go back to throw your weight with docile dumb animal, que no? Adios.” There was a weighty sort of pause, and an air of expectation from the bay cat who was under the impression that his word was law.

Instead, the main figure smiled rather politely at Cézare profile. “Sure, we’ll go back, once we’ve put you back in the box your mother birthed you in, you little Mexican-” Cézare whispered something decidedly unpleasant beneath his breath, and swung sharply in his seat without dismounting it. He didn’t wait for the insult to finish, he was already in the process of unbuttoning his cuff links to inflict a hearty punch to his aggressor. How he expected to take down such a group single-handedly was not the most pressing issue for now.

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Tobias cried out a strangled, "Ah!" As Cezare moved away from his grip, his hands grasping at the air for a few moments, before Tobias took a firm grip of his own hair as he panicked then dived under the nearest table. He felt his face burn slightly with shame but at the moment he only thought of survival and avoiding being hit, in any form. A tiny part of him couldn't help but feel a sudden thrill, a small voice in the back of his head chastising him for even thinking of comparing this to his stories, though he defended himself by reminding that small voice of the lack of social life that he had, had all through out his life. The argument in his head was cut sort, as he heard the movement of boots and spurs, to which his mind set back into panic mode as he clung to the leg of the table.

Cézare
03-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Cézare in that instance, completely forgot about the presence of terrified Tobias. The bare wrist had by now swung much too quickly, and successfully planted a line of knuckles to his tormentors jaw. The force of it caused the bay cat to wince post punch, and shake out his fingers. Startled perhaps, his victim stumbled back a foot or so. This allowed time enough for Cézare to slip from his stool, and move to kneel under that protective table. “We go now, si?” He grinned happily at Tobias, before rising back to his feet and adjusting the brightly colored scarf about his neck. As he stretched back to full height, the bay cat found himself surrounded by four very unhappy cow pokes. He swallowed somewhat stiffly, quiet contemplation at how to handle this little mess buzzing away behind his eyes. “Is ah, even now, si?” Clearly, a quick exit was in order. However, Cézare took a few backward steps to press the base of his spine into Tobias’ chosen table. Fingers felt across the wooden surface for a weapon or some sort, thankfully closing around the neck of a bottle. There was a terrible, taught silence.

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Tobias who had covered his head with his arms and closed his eyes not wishing to witness any thing, opened an eye to glance at the other man, "It's over!?" Tobias asked sounding unsure yet at the same time utterly relieved. He watched the other man get back up, then scooted half way from under the table only to freeze at the sight of a wall of legs facing him. He looked up, arms starting to tremble again, making it hard to hold his weight, his glasses barely still on his face as they hung precariously on the tip of his nose. "Y-You said it was over!" Tobias yelled out, the more childish part of him blaming the smaller cat for telling him a lie.

Cézare
03-11-2010, 11:13 PM
A circle of interest had began to expand around the table, Cézare, and his new friends. The bay cat made no response to Tobias, was fixed nervously to the spot as he continued to hold to his bottle as a safe guard. “No, not even,” came the earthy grunt from one of the four, causing the bay cat to sieze up and look further on edge. He was sort of waiting for something, golden eyes searching expectantly around the place to set it in sights.

Finally his wait was over, the crack of a wooden chair splitting, a cry of fury issuing from a far corner of the saloon. Cézare sort of guessed his initial punch would set off a chain reaction of ruckus elsewhere. It was mostly a gamble, and perhaps his only port in this storm. As soon as the sound of bellowing and breaking glass caused attention to shift from himself, the Mexican bent once more to seize Tobias by the arm and drag him out from the table. “Now is over,” he muttered with a sort of glee. They’d have to be out of there of course, fast, and the bay cat was still wielding his empty bottle like a large, ridiculous knife.

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Tobias stared in horror at the group of men, the words spoken not registering though the mere sound of the brute talking was enough to make Tobias whimper pathetically. Tobias flinched at the sound of some one's cry and then the sudden ruckus. His eyes widened as he looked around hurriedly only to be dragged up to his feet by Mr Cezare. He let out a shrill cry of fear, his free hand clutching at the front of his own waistcoat. He allowed to let himself be dragged, his eyes glued to Mr Cezare his heart thudding with fear and awe, "H-How can you act as if you enjoy this!" He yelled over the noise. "We could die!"

Cézare
03-11-2010, 11:37 PM
In between the look of deep concentration, Cézare flung a wry smirk toward Tobias and lifted his small shoulders in a amused shrug. “Is funny, no?” Apparently he felt the act of embellishing the one who insulted him with a good smack was just payment, and thus there was no longer an issue; likely the thugs felt different. Otherwise engaged with the thread of drunken fists flying and glasses shattering, short Cézare was easily lost to the swarm. “Duck,” he instructed lightly as furniture and bottles flew, continuing to drag Tobias along with him like a tethered pet. Shifting his way between louts, his maintain his focus ahead, the swinging doors in his sights. Elbows and kicking legs were narrowly avoided, as he spoke with his employee as one would on a leisurely stroll. “You gotta trust me, amigo. Is just little brawl, no need for such worries. Unless I tell you is time for worry.”

He cast a glance over his shoulder sharply, a light frown just lowering his brow.“But, if they see where we go, then maybe we die. So be quick, ah?”

Duzzie101
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Tobias felt a chill go down his spine, funny, definitely not, terrifying was a better word Tobias thought, to describe the situation he found himself in. He allowed himself to be led, was thankful for it, shrieking only a few times when a chair or bottle skimmed his ear. Tobias for once was thankful for his extra weight, when it came to pushing past brawling men, it seemed almost invaluable.

Tobias paused when Mr Cezare turned, his words along with his expression shook him to the core. He nodded, "I agree, best we..." Tobias was cut sort when a man was flung against him, an elbow connecting with his head and bashing it against the wood of the bar. Tobias groaned with pain as his ears rang and his vision went blurry.

Cézare
03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Cézare had the saloon doors in his sight. They were swinging constantly as drunken brawlers stumbled out into the darkness. The cold night air swept messy hair from his features, causing eyes to close momentarily with the relief of it. Not appearing overly anxious, he continued to hurry Tobias forward, brandishing his bottle should they be stopped. Exit was so close, and the Mexican was fixated on their escape from broken bones and bruised flesh. He didn’t hear Tobias, only halted when he felt the other break from his grip. “Not time for this!” he half snarled at the stumbling idiot who had bumped his companion, spinning on a heel to give his employee yet another stern talking to. When he noted the damage, golden eyes whipped from Tobias pained expression, to fixate upon the one who had caused such an injury. Something loud, aggressive, and foreign escaped his throat as the Mexican lunged forward a step or two with bottle raised. He actually abandoned poor wounded Tobias to disappear behind one or two of the battling drunkards. The sound of glass making contract with the soft flesh and skull could be heard, before he reemerged from the fray.

“Come now, is home for you,” he ordered, gripping Tobias a tough more gently by the forearm to tug him back through the chaos. The odd glance or two was slipped in the others direction, checking the extent of the damage without making his concern at all apparent.

Duzzie101
03-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Tobias struggled to hear as his ears seemed to have jarred after the knock to the head, he registered very little in the way of words, it was more like noise. He groaned again in pain as he pulled himself away from the bar, he gently touched his head feeling a wet stickiness on his fingers.

He whimpered slightly when he was pulled to his feet, he followed the Mr Cezare shaped blur, swaying slightly as he walked. When the tell tale signs that he was going to faint pretty soon became apparent, (trust me Tobias has fainted enough to know), he gasped slightly and leaned most of his weight against the smaller cat, "Don't wish to worry, I feel faint." He managed to slur, a small part of his brain that wasn't throbbing or stinging felt rather proud to have at least got a warning out.

Cézare
03-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Once they were out of there, the little ‘bump’ to Tobias head could be attended to. The severity of it did not escape Cézare’s attention, he knew head wounds were dangerous things. He was also as tough as an old boot, and could probably take knocks far easier than his companion. Their slowing progress, and the ever increasing closeness of Tobias caused the Mexican to glance toward him one more time. It wasn’t a long look, he merely quickened his step whilst keeping the other much closer this time. The comment issued from Tobias fell on deaf ears, were not absorbed in the slightest for a good few minutes. Instead, he turned to respond with a dull “That’s nice.”

When the words finally sunk in, the bay cat turned sharply to bellow at the larger feline “Que?!” Now, now did he look worried. It was evident in the raised, angry tones and whipping of his extraordinarily long tail. “Is no time for you to be swooning like woman, Tobias! Need to get hell out of here, else siesta last for more longer than you like!” Allowing the other to recline into him, and oddly supporting without any signs of strain, Cézare would likely drag him out of there if he had to. It wouldn’t be easy, but he’d do it. Free arm moved to shove others from his path, looking absolutely infuriated by the whole affair.

Duzzie101
03-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Tobias' ears flicked as he clung to his moving form of support, mumbled "Sorrys." And, "Sirs." Jumbled together with utter nonsense as they moved through the crowd. Tobias had he been more coherent would have been apologizing even more than he already was. He tried to keep his legs moving while staying awake for a while longer, though it seemed that his body was scheming to be as difficult as possible, though from deep down inside his pudgy exterior he seemed to find strength enough to remain at least semi conscious.

Cézare
03-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Cézare somehow, (likely dragging Tobias by the feet en route) traversed beyond the swinging doors and into the open. The fresh, cold air was practically sucked in to the bay cats lungs. He half hoped the shot of icy wind would serve to perk Tobias back into life, although it seemed very unlikely. The instant they were free of the madness, Cézare pulled them into a dark corner to assess Tobias condition. Both arms had by then moved to at least try and keep the other relatively upright, cursing the fact that his stature made the whole business so complicated. Angry concern was focused to the head wound now they were in relative safety.

Duzzie101
03-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Tobias had felt the cool air and groaned happily at the feeling, his nonsensical mumblings carrying on as his fingers gripped weakly at the other cat's shirt. Tobias suddenly lurched as his knees decided to give out, though it seemed some one was holding him up and trying to touch his head, he growled and whimpered in pain trying to tip his head away from the attention, his brows pinched in irritation.

Cézare
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Cézare’s long tail continued to stir and shift snake like behind him. Tobias's condition, and indeed his reactions were a touch worrying. He had little medical experience, but the desire to slip into a comatose state surely wasn’t quite right. Fingers were clicked beneath his companions nose, hissing at him “Wakey wakey, amigo!” Knock to the head was inspected, the depth of it, the amount of blood, and he pursed thin lips and made a dismissive gesture.
“Right, we gunna get back to shop, then we see how stupid you been, ah?” he mumbled. Having managed to get them both to the shadow cast by the side of the Saloon, he allow Tobias to slump down momentarily so that he might seek out a view of the moonlit stretch of street. There was still plenty of lurkers, and unfortunately for them the height difference would allow their silhouettes to stand out much too starkly. Irritated huff of air escaped the Mexicans throat once more as he returned to his employees side “Would be no troubles if you no get yerself knocked in head, pace slow enough already. But we do this, then we sort out scratch.” Strong arms moved back to Tobias in an attempt to lever weight onto himself again, and direct their route toward his shop.

Duzzie101
03-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Tobias flinched at the clicking sounds and grumbled, his head ached and he only wished to rest, so who ever was making such a racket should stop it, he thought to himself.

He grunted as the person propping him up left and his weight slid down the wooden wall, it was very likely that he had gained a few splinters in his back from the movement, though in his condition Tobias paid little thought to the matter. By the time Cezare had come back Tobias was barely hanging onto consciousnesses and whined when hands pulled at him. "Don't wanna." He slurred, "Mother."

Cézare
03-13-2010, 11:43 PM
“I go have little fun time with yer Mama unless you stay the hell awake, Tobias!”
Cézare kept one of Tobias's arms flung around his shoulder, so that his torso could lean forward. Without much care, he proceeded to jolt Tobias forward and continue to half drag him across the dusty earth. How thankful he was for the close proximity of that shop of his, some small blessing at least. Trying to appear as if he were merely assisting a drunken companion home, he shifted them quickly but relatively calmly across the stretch of town.

After what seemed like an eternity to him, they arrived at the darkened doorway of his gallery. A final glance was sped over his shoulder, before Cézare began to unlock the door and pull the other inside. Although he lived upstairs for the most part, there was a backroom with a divan suitable for lounging sessions when the Mexican took a break. It was to this that he would attempt to get the other toward, more gently now they were within the confines of closed doors. Mouth had began to reel off line after line of angry Mexican drawl, suitably unpleasant no doubt and decidedly frustrated.

Duzzie101
03-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Tobias grunted in reply, though he was unlikely to have either heard or understood what was said to him. Tobias had tried, really tried to move, though with no idea or sense of what was going on or where he was, his movements served only as hindrances to the person who was dragging his weak form.

The moment he was inside, Tobias' body seemed to deem it the perfect time to collapse its full weight upon the other man.

Cézare
03-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Cézare half lost his balance, and stumbled forward a step or two almost losing his hold on Tobias completely. He hissed somewhat, eyes searching skyward for support from the ceiling. “I gun kill you tomorrow, I swear,” he muttered, somehow maneuvering them both through his darkened shop and into the cramped backroom. Tobias was then slumped unceremoniously onto his couch whilst the Mexican flitted about lighting candles and seeking out some scratchy, woven blanket from a drawer. It was folded, and arranged carefully beneath the others head. He slipped fingers into his pockets to draw out a cigar, stuffing the thing aggressively to the corner of his mouth before it was lit from one of the many burning candles he arranged. Now did large eyes draw in to inspect the mess of Tobias’s head, narrowing upon the wound as fingers moved to angle his head from side to side. He clearly had no idea what he was looking for, and the light served only to give his features a demonic appearance.

“Well I dunno, is looking deep nasty gash. Maybe not so good just to pour scotch over yer face, ah?” he muttered to the other, be he still awake or not. “I go for doctor, they pretty it up for you,” and made moves to actually leave the room completely.

Duzzie101
03-14-2010, 12:19 AM
The falling movement jolted Tobias slightly and he let out a weak cry as he hit the couch. He groaned as the light from the candles blurred together into a strange mess. Tobias reached to touch his face, clumsy fingers prodding his cheek and nose several times before he finally pulled his glasses off, hoping that it would alleviate the problem. Though it most likely only made it worse.

Tobias hissed his claws digging into his palms as his head was moved suddenly, he moaned in pain as a response to the sound of what he identified as Mr Cezare's voice, not sure really of what was being said to him. Tobias sighed thankfully when Mr Cezare let him go and he was able to keep his throbbing head still.

Cézare
03-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Cézare was gone, out of the door, out into the night again leaving Tobias completely unaided. What a pleasant fellow he was! The departure did not last long, however, and soon the sound of doors opening, footsteps and soft voices could be detected. Well, one voice was soft, the other was booming, foreign and obnoxious. The door to the back room swung open, and Cézare came swaggering in leading behind him an elderly, decided tired looking old fellow. “So I see him slip on floor, and head go smack in to corner of bar like this. It was –terrible-, si? I get him out of there, he no wanna stay awake too good. He no take his drink too well either, que no?” The Mexican dropped himself to the edge of the divan, folding a leg over the other as his eyes moved from Tobias back to the doctor he’d sought out. He continued to ramble on, no mind to the fact that his raised voice might be agony to his employees wounded skull. “Is lot of blood, si? It no stopping too s-.”

“Did you dress it?” the medic interjected angrily, ignoring the Mexican’s banter as he moved closer to where the two were seated. “What I look like, damn nurse?” Cézare spat, inhaling deeply onto his half smoked cigar. He was ignored once more by the doctor, who moved in closer to Tobias. “Tobias, can you hear me?”

Duzzie101
03-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Tobias, while he was left alone, had thrown his arms up over his face. He groaned in a pained way, his ears twitching when the blessed silence was broken with voices and noise. It wasn't until he was addressed directly that Tobias moved an arm aside gently and looked up to a blurry shape above him, he recognized the voice that had spoken to him very well.

"Doctor Cutter?" Tobias managed to croak and whether it was because of the light, his poor eye sight or pure relief, Tobias found his eyes stinging with tears. "Don't tell mother." He mumbled, hands gripping onto the front of his own waistcoat, his head lolling to one side, "Please."

Cézare
03-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Cézare’s eyes shifted from Tobias to the doctor, a single brow slowly arched at the apparent recognition. He himself had never spent any time under medical intentions, would likely rather have fled and died in a gutter like an idiot. His mouth curved into a cruel little grin at the pleading fellow, looking on as if he were in the process of witnessing a soap opera.
“Mmm, well, I shan’t go out of way to inform her. But you better come up with a damn good lie, so she sees no reason to question me on it,” the doctor replied curtly. Apparently being dragged from his bed in the dead of night by a shouting Mexican had left him sour. He lifted his medical bag and set it beside Tobias, rummaging inside for bandages. “I need water, now,” the Doctor instructed without even bothering to glance toward sneering Cézare. Offended by the order but obeying all the same, he rose to his feet he moved towards the door “He gonna be bueno though, si?”

“This skull has taken more knocks than you’ve had baths ‘Senor’” he sighed, setting a steel bowl at his side before stern eyes back to his patient, “right Tobias?”

Duzzie101
03-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Tobias listened as carefully as he could, the old familiarity allowing him to focus much more on what was being said to him. He whimpered slightly at Doctor Cutter's response, had he been in less pain he would have understood the man's choice to lay the responsibility on himself, though in his current state he couldn't help but think it was all utterly unfair. He shifted slightly, he was coming round a little he realized, seeing he was now able to have coherent thoughts once again.

He smiled sleepily at the Doctor's comment, "Oh yes." He nodded his head only to hiss in pain. "'m gonna be alright Doctor Cutter?" Tobias slurred his tail flicking slightly, "Be like time ol' Bess kicked me?"

Cézare
03-14-2010, 01:23 AM
“Of course. Your ‘friend’ here, by some feat had the intellect to fetch help in time. It will need to be wrapped up for a week, and you should rest for a day or two so we don’t start that bleeding again.” Cézare slipped out, only to return with sourced water in a jug that was handed over to Doctor Cutter before he reseated upon the divan. He watched as the doctor proceeded to remove Tobias’s glasses, and dab away old and fresh blood from his head with gentle touches. Water was poured into his bowl to aid the cleaning procedure, before length of bandage was unfurled. “Hold this,” the Doctor instructed to Cézare, who leaned forward to hold the end of the wrap. Carefully it was wound about Tobias’s head, likely obstructing one eye a touch. He was going to look mighty fine when all was done.

To break the quiet, bay cat’s voice piped up once more, “Bess? She sound like quite a woman!” He grinned, fingers moving to unbutton his coat and fling it into a corner of the room, upon the floor. Yet another cigar was lit, smoke creating a dull haze around the room and stogy sort of atmosphere. Doctor Cutters eyes fell shut, the flesh of his nose pinched before he looked toward Tobias sympathetically.

Duzzie101
03-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Tobias listened as closely to the good doctor's instructions as he could, before settling back to be taken care of. He took a hold of his glasses once they were removed, even with the chain to keep them from falling, Tobias was always nervous at misplacing his glasses, unsure where he would be without them. He whimpered only once at the first dab then remained quiet throughout the proceedings, though he did grumble slightly when the bandage covered his eye for a moment.

Tobias let out a chuckle his face blushing, "You have it wrong Mr Cezare Bess was my horse, same one who threw me on the fence..." Tobias' frowned slightly, "I don't think she liked me much." He pouted as he settled his head back against the couch, his nose twitching as the smell of smoke burned his sensitive nose.

Cézare
03-14-2010, 01:48 AM
“Always such a good patient,” Doctor Cutter mused with a light smile, leaning back to inspect the bandages when they were finally tied. Remaining wrapping was slowly packed away, whilst Cézare’s eyes shifted from the doctor to Tobias sharply. He seemed to cringe somewhat at the mention of the equine, his posture slouching and form growing oddly smaller. Even the usual booming voice lost much of it’s edge, as he fired a series of almost –anxious- questions toward the wounded one. “Horse? You ride horse? Why you ride horse for? Ugly, stupid things is horse.”

“Ah yes, those wounds patched up rather nicely if I recall. Might as well inspect while we’re here, it's been a long time since you came for a check up.” Doctor Cutter proceeded to try and untuck and roll up Tobias shirt to inspect his old wounds, treating the fellow like one would a child. Cézare found the whole affair hilarious, and half choked on his cigar smoke, hacking and smacking as his chest for a time. It was incentive enough to drop the half inhaled stick into the bowl of water the doctor had used for cleaning. Golden eyes continued to fix critically on Tobias, as if regarding him in a new light.

Duzzie101
03-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Tobias blushed some more at Doctor Cutter's praise and smiled back, feeling suddenly much better, that was until Mr Cezare began his quick fire questions. Tobias frowned shaking his head only to make it throb painfully again, "Oh No Mr Cezare horses are beautiful creatures, elegant and powerful beast who..." Tobias paused at the Doctor's comment and sudden movement to un-tuck his shirt. Tobias shifted uncomfortably, his embarrassment obvious as he he was disrobed in front of Cezare, though he didn't speak up, he wouldn't dream of telling a professional man what to do.

When the shirt was rolled higher, it slowly revealed a very long scar that ran from Tobais' hip to mid way up his rub cage.

Cézare
03-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Snorting at Tobias's affectionate statements in regards to horses, Cézare merely rolled those large eyes of his. He was however enjoying the whole scenario way too much, and leaned in a little closer to see this wound for himself. The Mexican did not understand the concept of privacy, or polite discretion, and certainly didn’t even begin to fathom modesty. Head angled as his sight trailed the length of that scar, before the fiend was bellowing all over again. “Me gusta, that is niiiiice! Shame it come from falling off horse.” Doctor Cutter eyed Cézare as if he were some sort of medical deformity for a moment, before he looked back to the scar in silence. Still the bay cat was chattering away to Tobias, declaring “You should show it off more, Tobi, it make you look real tough. Then you attract all the womens, you no more need to have yer alone time with the big mules.” A flat palm connected with Tobias’s lower leg in a what might have been a friendly smack, but was much too forceful.

Doctor Cutter at last allowed Tobias to cover himself once more, as he began to lift unsteadily to his feet. “Everything looks as it should be,” he murmured tiredly, turning toward the grinning Mexican. “Make sure he gets water, make sure he doesn’t move, contact me if he begins to feel unwell or display any unusual signs.” Then back to Tobias he looked, “Rest, Tobias, no getting up and trying to do anything for at least a day, understand?”

Duzzie101
03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Tobias' face flushed a bright red as he lay still for the doctor, he felt like some kind of sideshow laid out bare for all to stare at. He flinched at Mr Cezare's comment, it wasn't that Tobias was self conscious about the scar, far from it, it was his overall figure that he felt ashamed at showing to others.

"Sir please.. ah!" Tobias twitched harshly at the rough slap on his thigh, his already red face glowing a magnificent crimson.

When Tobias was at last able to pull down his shirt, he did so with great speed and flustered exasperations before pausing at Doctor Cutter's words, "Oh but mother, if I don't tend to her, she will worry about me." Tobias fretted, though he knew himself moving at that moment wouldn't have been such a good idea, all it would of amounted to was him fainting once more and most likely bashing his already injured head.

Cézare
03-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Looking quite riled by the idea that he should have to further nurse, and keep watch over injured Tobias, Cézare’s eyes narrowed angrily upon the back of Doctor Cutter’s skull. He had no intention of showing the doctor out, and only waved fingers to suggest he might keep to that list of orders. It wasn’t likely. Finally his head turned back to regard flustered Tobias, who seemed to serve as a constant form of entertainment for the bay cat. Possibly one of the reasons he seemed so keen on keeping him around.

“Quit yer flapping, idiot, else you have to stay here for longer than one night. Then I make your life misery, I promise.” He drew up, if only to peer beyond the door to the backroom and make sure no one lingered there. Strange, that he should be so suspicious, especially of a medical man. Hand drew so wipe remnants of cigar across his vest, (which probably was once brilliant white), and had now turned a sour shade of yellow. Nice. He lifted his shoulders, head angling just a little as his weight came to lean into the door frame. “Is not like you have much choice in matter, either way. Plus, this way you can start work good and early tomorrow.” Surely he was jesting?

Duzzie101
03-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Tobias sighed heavily when Doctor Cutter left him alone with Mr Cezare, he felt suddenly nauseous and curled onto his side. He continued to worry about many things, his mother taking up most of his thoughts, her reactions to him spending a whole night away from home, how he was going to try and explain it all. His stream of mental fretting was interrupted by Mr Cezare.

Tobias suddenly felt his stomach somersault at the threat to make him miserable, surely he jests, Tobias thought trying to smile at the other man despite his sudden disgusting action of further dirtying the yellowing shirt he was wearing, though the next comment made his whole face twitch. "B-but Doctor Cutter said." Tobias began.

Cézare
03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Watching Tobias as if he might be some type of insect that Cézare was prying the wings from slowly, he continued to lounge into the door frame. Mexican didn’t respond at first, rather indulged in the quiet, looking every bit as threatening as his words suggested. At last his features broke though, big grin splitting the corners of his mouth as his head moved in long, slow shakes.
“Ha, you so easy! Me gusta, so very funny.” He continued to sort of half giggle to himself for a moment, a thumb and forefinger rubbing against his eyelids. Then back into the room he came strolling, seizing one of the many candles he’d lit and balanced precariously about the place. “Now I go sleep,” it was stated bluntly, and without directing his attention back to Tobias. No, he made it seem he intended to just up and leave right there. And yet, he wavered just outside the door way, lingering there a moment as he glanced back over his shoulder. “Eh, you want for something, you shout. Buenas noches.”

Duzzie101
03-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Tobias watched the other man, ready to defend is rights to go home until he was taken aback by Mr Cezare's change of expression and statement. "E-easy?.." Tobias mouthed to himself, frowning in confusion. He watched Mr Cezare fetching up the candle, his eyes widening at Cezare's statement, realising how late it must have been. He looked down at his hands feeling sheepish at having kept the other cat up so late.

Tobias looked up, appearing startled for a moment before a small sleepy smile settled on his features, "Thank you sir, for saving my life." Tobias paused, it was true wasn't it, this man had saved his life. Tobias gave a gentle nod of agreement towards his thoughts, before scooting down the couch a tad and closing his eyes, his tail flicking slowly as he began to drop off.

Cézare
03-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Cézare made no comment in regards to the thanks, made it seem that he hadn’t even heard the parting statement. He exploded into the room much too early, having only secured 5 hours or so of sleep. Door made contact with the wall, smashing into an area of it that had suffered many previous assaults judging from the severe dent. This was perhaps the only hint that he hadn’t purposely tried to terrify Tobias all over again. The usual mess of jagged strands atop his head that he hadn’t even bothered to attend to as of yet, and gave the bay cat a crazed appearance. Beads and scarf was on, although not arranged as meticulously as was usual, and his coat had not been buttoned so far. He halted at the door for a moment or so, eying Tobias as if he wasn’t exactly sure why he was there. “Is morning, how is head?” he mumbled, beginning to rifle around in boxes and throw bits of paper here and there. His search came to a close when box of cigars were discovered, and immediately lit up. As usual he didn’t wait for a response, before more grumbled questions were directed toward the other.

“I make coffee, you want for coffee?” He stood before Tobias, eyes not completely open, bizarrely well maintained fingernails scratching at his stomach.