PDA

View Full Version : Rules of Ethanria - Please read first

Edynol
01-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Welcome! This is a medieval fantasy RP based on a book I am writing. This is a pretty laid back RP that takes place in a very big world full of all sorts of people and creatures. There are no stats or points or anything, just use your imagination. Feel free to make up names of small cities or towns if you want. The main thread will follow a story plot in an epic adventure to destroy the evil Demon Queen Deldranna. But if you want to make your own RP, you may post a thread Ideas and Request (http://role-player.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=366) section. If enough people are interested and the idea fits within the world, I will approve it and you may post an OOC and IC thread in the appropriate section. However, one on one RPs are allowed, just be sure to state it in the beginning of your thread.

If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to PM me or the co-MGM, Setsa.

Rules:

1. All RPA rules and regulations are to followed. If you break them and your thread gets locked or deleted, do not come to me asking to restore it or talk to the staff. Whatever decisions they make, I would make myself so I will back them 100%.

2. GM's word is law. Those approved to have their own rp will be the boss of that rp. Do not argue with them. If you have a legitimate complaint about a GM, such as over excessive god-moding or inactivity, then come to me or Setsa, or if it's a more serious matter, one of the RPA staff.

Note to GMs: As Master GM(MGM), I reserve the right to shut down your rp at anytime if I decide it's necessary. I will give a few warnings first, but if ignore them, your rp will be trashed.

3. No god-moding or powerplaying. That means no controling another players' character without permission or taking information from OOC and using it in the thread. This also applies to mind reading. If someone is thinking something IC, do not react to it. For example, if player B is planing to betray or kill player A, but acts nice and normal, player A shouldn't be distrustful or take action against it without player B's permission. And on the other hand, if player B decides to make their move, don't just right off kill player A without permission, give them a chance to react. The only exception to this is if the GM needs to do it in order to progress the storyline or maintain order.

Also, you can't block or evade every attack and not all of your attacks are going to hit. No one here is perfect. Ethanria is a mysterious world, and if I catch someone doing any of that, you may just stumble onto a Spideion, who's sting or bite can paralyze anyone in seconds, or some other random thing.

4. Respect all players. You don't have to like someone to RP with them so long as they are being civil. If you have a despute with another player, contact the GM of your rp, Setsa, or myself.

5. Please don't use any non-fantasy names. Names like Ballblaster Bob and Smokey Headbanger are a no-no. Even if those are pretty awesome names. o-Oguy

6. I do allow Cross-breed races, but there are limits. If you chose to make a cross-breed character, they can't have all their strengths and none of their weaknesses. For example, A half elf-orc might be very strong in both melee and ranged combat and have great accuracy, but would lack stealth and dexterity or not be very good at wielding magic. A half Human-dragon might be very strong with magic and physically strong, but weak when it comes to ranged combat with bows and spears and not very agile. So think wisely and don't make any godlike characters.(As a side note, you can't have a half demon dragon. They are just not compatible.)

7. If you are a poor typist or speller, please use a spell checker. A few typos and misspelled words here and there is fine. We all make mistakes, but please try not to have your posts riddled with them.

8. Please try to be an active poster. If something comes up and you can't post for a while, let the GM know ahead of time and they'll save your spot. But aside from that, try to post at least twice a week. Otherwise, you're character might die or be left behind.

Also, RPs that remain inactive for more than three weeks will be locked and recycled. Also, if you're in the middle of a good rp and your GM becomes inactive, let me know and I will appoint a new GM so you will not have to stop your rp.

9. If you want to have a romance with another character or have a romance based rp, that is fine, but keep it respectible. Also remember that if your rp has mature subject matter, put [M] at the beginning of the thread title and a list reason in the first post.

Example: (Rated Mature for language, extreme violence, and adult themes.)

10. This is for GMs. If you wish to use a specific NPC in your RP, please ask me first. This also applies to Immortals. The only exception to this is if you're doing a futuristic/alternate reality rp. And please remember to be active. If you continuously make an rp and become inactive or violate the rules, you won't be allowed to GM anymore and all your requests will be denied.

Please do not abuse your power. Remember that though you are the boss of your rp, you are still just another roleplayer and without other roleplayers, your rp will die. The same applies to me. So be respectful to the players in your rp and do not abuse your power or there will be consequences. As MGM, I reserve the right to remove you as GM and replace you with someone else. Remember, a king is nothing without a kingdom and will eventually be dethroned.

Well that's all folks. I know that was alot to read but hope I didn't bore ya to death. This is a pretty laid back RP world, so just have fun and let your imagination run wild.