PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 - Empress of Fire vs. Lord Xarel (J - Kris)

Kris
01-30-2012, 08:38 PM
They found themselves within a small, quarantined chamber surrounded by water, transparent glasses for walls preventing the currents and streams from bursting and flowing forth into the cold void for a room that was their chosen arena.

Looking up they saw something hovering above their heads, a figure shaped by beauty and light, its beating wings illuminating and banishing the darkness that covered their eyes with a blanket of a mysterious, terrible and a dreadful night.

Was it an angel?

They had little time to worry about whatever it was, deciding to use the small window of an opportunity this light brought forth to look around themselves and study their opponents and their surrounding, which was a huge water tank and they were at its core.

"Patrick", a feminine voice called in an allusive and tempting manner, "So you came? I shall enjoy watching you bleed!".

Patrick looked up at the angel above, which looked to be from the same race as he was, but he never, not once in his life, heard or saw the likes of hers. Pondering for a bit, he recalled hearing rumors about the banished ones; fallen from the divine choir that were cast out by the great Lord himself.

Having one of those abomination as a judge didn't bound well, and he sure didn't feel like being left at the mercy of a fallen that obviously loathed all pure and good that he ever represented.

"Lord Xarel", the angel called next for the human, focusing her attention on the general now, "I can hardly wait and see how a mortal shall fair against power that have always reined mankind from early days of generations".

She studied him long and hard before she grinned, "Use this opportunity to punish one of the god's guards, and by so, avenging the scenario the holy Lord has written for your poor life".

She then closed her eyes, bringing her hands together and slowly gathering energy within the palms of her joined hands.

Beam of light shoot forth, hitting the glass and creating a small crack, allowing the water to slowly penetrate and fill the site. With the snap of her fingers another glassy wall appeared above their heads, sealing them completely within a cage of glass surrounded by edgy water that wished to claim their arena for their own.

Still flying above them the angel chuckled, "You are given time of grace before more water will pierce into this void. I promise that I shall rescue the one who will destroy the other", and with that she raised her hands, "Begin", she ordered.

Welcome to the arena of water. Each of you will be given five posts before the water will raise to the level of your waists. (I'll step in with post and mention this this after each of you had his/her fifth post).

Try not to break the glass before that ;)

At the toss of a coin, Lord Xarel goes first.