PDA

View Full Version : Music Makes The World Go Round! -- OOC --

MaritosDoritos
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Music Makes The World Go Round!

"The One and Only" and "Explicit Content" are two fairly well-known bands. They're a similar genre and are liked by a many teenagers. Only thing is, they hate each other... It began when the lead singer of "The One and Only" accused "Explicit Content" of ripping off one of their songs. This resulted in the frontman of "Explicit Content" expressing their opinions about "The One and Only" in a live interview where they told them where they could shove their accusations causing outrage among the fans.*

Okay, so there's no major problem. The bands have to just keep out of each others way, right? Wrong...

The bands are on tour together... For publicity's sake. So now, two opposing forces are living on the same tourbus and they have to either like it or lump it... Will tensions raise too high?

Explicit Content - A pop-punk band who just like to party and do wild things, hence the name. Their music uses a fair bit of bad language and their fanbase is mainly made up of teens and young adults.

The One and Only - A more "serious", if you like, light rock band. Although their fanbase is of the same age range, their songs differ slightly. More meaning is put into the lyrics and these guys are a little more sensible in what they do.

Explicit Content
Lead Singer: Joshua
Lead Guitarist: Crysilin
Rhythm Guitarist: Joshua
Bassist:
Drummer:
(I can add more instruments if these get filled !)
Manager: George
Crew:

The One and Only
Lead Singer: Andrea
Lead Guitarist: Jordan
Rhythm Guitarist:
Bassist: Forrest
Drummer:
(I can add more instruments if these get filled !)
Manager:
Crew:

MaritosDoritos
01-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Character Sheet:

Name:
Occupation/Position in Band:
Appearance:
Height:
Weight:
Personality/Traits:
Crush:*
Info:
Extra:

Rules

Read the info and rules!
Use grammar and spelling correctly. No lolspeak during the actual RP.
Bad language to a minimum. If swearing is neccessary, block it out like so ***
Enjoy yourself!

Heir of Void
02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Name:Forrest ''Bro'' O'Thames
Occupation/Position in Band: Bassist (The One and Only)
Appearance: Light Brown/Golden hair, cat style. Scar on his hand, wears a sagittarius pendant, loose shadow-camouflage cargo pants, wristband on left hand with card symbols, black t-shirt with all zodiac symbols. One silver ring on the middle finger of his left hand(engraved "carpe jugulum") and a pair of anaglyph shades.
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 192 lbs
Personality/Traits: Fun-Loving, Comedic, a bit of a dick honestly. He is pretty talkative, but prefers to text. Really easy-going, tries to mediate tension.
Likes:Zodiac, blades, luck, music (obvious?), electronic lights and club equipment(ie: strobes) Weight-lifting.
Dislikes: Wanna-Be's, idiots, meaningless swearing, and tasers.
Crush: Ace, lead guitarist of Explicit Content
Info: Learned both bass-guitar and general electronica by age 17, joined the band as they started up. He doesn't like tasers due to a bad experience at a club once. If this band ever goes south, Bro is just going to be an electronica/house/dub artist. Everyone calls him "Bro", everyone.
Extra: The bands that he was inspired by were Bad Religion, Disturbed, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, BNL, Papa Roach, Gorillaz, Daft Punk, Smashing Pumpkins and Death Cab for Cutie.

MaritosDoritos
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
(Accepted :3)

Name: Jordan Brookes*
Occupation/Position in Band: Lead Guitarist (The One and Only)
Appearance: *Jordan is shorter than average and fairly slim. Her hair is dark brown with a red tint which she generally wears down in a sceneish style. When writing songs, she ties her hair back and wears red designer reading glasses. Jordan has a light skin tone, large brown eyes and smiling pink lips. Generally, she just wears jeans and a t-shirt along with converse or vans. She hardly ever wears jewellery but is never seen without a hoodie.
Height: 5'06"
Weight: 113 lbs
Personality/Traits: Playful, intelligent. She's fairly distant at first but lovely once you get to know her.*
Likes: Having a laugh with friends, pizza, merch signings, performing on stage, smiling.
Dislikes: Violation of her personal space, screamo (she can't stand it), being ignored.
Crush: *Nope...
Info: *Jordan was excited at the prospect of being in a band and though she may not look it, she's a great guitarist! She's been playing since the age of nine. She's pretty close to each member of the band and gets her word in on stage and off. She also helps to write riffs and solos. *Jordan never minds about things like weight; she stays the same size no matter what she eats.
Extra: Known as "Jord" "Jords"or "Jordie" to friends and ONLY friends.

andrinaandug
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I'd like to join is it okay if I do? :)

Casper14
02-02-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm intrested! This is my type of Role-play. Can we reserve places? and i'll get a character sheet up as soon as possible?

andrinaandug
02-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Well I'll just put this up I'll be glad if I can join :) :

Name: Andrea Juliet Simon (Andy)
Occupation/Position in Band: Lead singer (the one and only)
Appearance: Long straight blond hair with pink stripes. Blue eyes that are quiet resembeling to the sky. She always has her hair down and barely ties it up but does tie it up when she feels uncomftrable. She always wears either jeans, or shorts with the fishnet stockings.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/a/avril_lavigne-4988.jpg
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 70 killos
Personality/Traits: Outgoing and speaks whats on her mind, Loves music becuase its everything to her, can be a bit mean and formal with strangers but is actually quieta nice person. She can sit there for hours and just stare at something without getting tired truely observing every single detail.
Likes: Playing on the piano, cloud watching, kind hearted people, library, litreture, Shakespeare, Jane Austen.
Dislikes: Loud mouthed idiots, noise, obnoxious people, the sunlight and Explict Content
Crush:*Secretly likes the main lead singer of the band explict content but wont ever admit it
Info: Andrea used ot be bullied at school at a young age for being very different from the others and it led her to be very depressed whcih made the bullying worse and everyone would call her an "emo fag". When she met her band members she at first did everything for fun, song writing about her past and experiance and finally when they we're announced as quiet a famous rock band she took music much more seriously and is the only thing that gets her to be in peace and forget about the world.
Extra: She has a pet cat named Lily

MaritosDoritos
02-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Accepted, and you may reserve a place. What place were you thinking of? :)

Kris
02-02-2012, 10:36 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Casper14
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Yay ^_^ I was hoping drummer for either of the bands if that's ok ;)

MaritosDoritos
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
That's fine, go ahead~

andrinaandug
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
:D well hope we get more people, cant wait to actually start rp.

Heir of Void
02-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Should we list the bands that inspired our characters? I really can't wait for this to start, it sounds pretty fun.

Skeletor
02-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Replied

andrinaandug
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Should we list the bands that inspired our characters? I really can't wait for this to start, it sounds pretty fun.

Agreed, its a really good role play idea ^.^ cant wait to start either

Skeletor
02-03-2012, 10:12 PM
-energy- Is I accepted? When does it start? : D ;king15;

MaritosDoritos
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Accepted! Sorry I was in Belgium for the weekend and forgot to say. We can start when at least the band places are filled. I'm going to make the lead singer/rhythm guitarist of EC, they'll be the same person. Glad you guys are excited ^^

MaritosDoritos
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Name: Joshua Blake
Occupation/Position in Band: Lead Singer/Rhythm Guitarist (Explicit Content)
Appearance:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aCOcCTgitkQ/SnWGJtaPPbI/AAAAAAAAAMY/jqt4Ix0fb3s/s400/younglovexx.png
Height: 6'01"
Weight: 126 lbs
Personality/Traits: Crazy, outgoing, unreliable, immature.
Likes: Partying, crowd surfing, *dancing, flirting, having fun, being outright crazy, puppies, being in the spotlight.
Dislikes: Vegetables, sitting still, security guards, being told what to do, The One and Only.
Crush: No one in particular (he's a bit of a flirt)
Info: Joshua started out his band with some good friends of his, practising every day after school. It started out as a hobby but things got serious at a young age and now he's loved (and hated) by many. Sometimes the fame can go to his head though... All Josh wants to really do is have fun, even if it means breaking a few rules. Joshua can sing (although he's been accused of using autotune on his CD's... I wonder who started that rumour?...) *and can also write songs and play guitar. He gets on really well with his band most of the time and spends his free time with them.
Extra: Unhappy about having to go on tour with The One and Only...

Skeletor
02-07-2012, 07:35 PM
More people must joooooooooin. :D

MaritosDoritos
02-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Yessss they must xD

Skeletor
02-09-2012, 02:52 AM
:D I'm excited. This is going to be aaawesome. ^^

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 07:45 AM
:D I'm excited. This is going to be aaawesome. ^^

Agreed C:

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Just need three more band members! If you want to make other charries, feel free!~

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 04:54 PM
then is it okay if I can be the manager of the band Explict content? :) i can play two

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Ok :)

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
alright then here :)
Name: George Steve Lucas
Occupation/Position in Band: Manager of Explict Content
Appearance:
http://swoonworthy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/george-clooney.jpg

Height: 5' 11
Weight: 185.19
Personality/Traits: Has a strong and firm mind without upsetting the others with his thoughts and ideologies. Has the immovable type of personality because even though the surrounding is so noisy , he keeps calm and watches anything only in his sight. However his too calm to be called by other people an old person (Not that old but really not young since his 50 years old). Is very trust worthy. He can look at anything objectively with weaping his subjectivity. He is cooperative and has the ability of negotiating with others by carefully picking his words. He has a solid reputation for a skill of analyzing. Therefore he can play a great role at the section of such as management strategy. However, he is not the type who does anything quickly, making all his efforts steadily. He devotes himself to others and his job mentally and physically everyday.
Likes: He loves his band mates and treats them all as his own sons, he likes people who actually make effort and try hard to reach they're goal in every possible way, he likes traveling and does it quiet frequently to set performances and deals for his band.
Dislikes: Should dislike something but no one has really known what yet since his mysterious in a way.
Crush:*None specifically
Info: He is a divorced man who has been in quiet a lot of relationships but gotten out of them more easily then he got into them. He is very optimistic with his band and always makes sure they're on track and not faling back in the charts and ratings 24/7.

SmileyCassandra
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Name: Crysilin Anderson
Occupation/Position in Band: Drummer of Explicit Content
Appearance:
http://www.drumminskool.co.uk/assets/images/innerpages/girlwithdrumsticks.jpg
Height: 5'9
Weight: 150
Personality/Traits: Crysilin is blunt, and will tell someone exactly how she feels for them. She is out spoken, and also a very nice girl. She can be sweet, but once you have done her wrong she is tough to handle.
Likes: Crysilin likes to party, and have fun. Though, her main focus is drumming in Explicit Content.
Dislikes: Crysilin dislikes when others treat her bandmates like crap, and or hits a woman.
Crush: She has a crush on Leo, The One and Only's drummer XD
Info: She grew up on a farm, and others didn't like that she wanted to be in a band. She ran away do to this, and joined Explicit Content. She couldn't stand others looking down on her because of her accent, and they told her she could never be famous. She is on the path of proving them wrong.
Extra: Has no interest in The one and only, and hates the idea of a tour with them.

Hope it's okay that I joined in ^^ Seems like fun, and you have the right to turn my character down :D

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Both are accepted! :D

SmileyCassandra
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
AWESOME! :D -Does a happy dance- I made it in time XD

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
so .. two more memebrs are up and we can start now? *hopeful* c: or we need one more memeber and if we do i understand

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
I suppose but Explicit Content lack a bassist and The One and Only lack a drummer :S

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 05:42 PM
they can join in later on unless you want to wait, rules go by you :) , i'll respect which ever decision you make

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Let's start! I'll leave this thread to anyone who wants to join.

SmileyCassandra
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I could be drummer for The one and only as well if you want :) I like being a drummer lol

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 05:44 PM
yayy! :D finally it begins

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Go ahead if you like! :3

Casper14
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry guys... I was suposed to post this sooner... If your still after a drummer, im still up for doing it. Been slightly busy outside of rpa that I wasn't able to reply to alot of things. But that's sorted...

Can I say a Huge sorry for the delay!?

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
That's fine! No worries!

Casper14
02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I'll get my character sheet up as soon as. ^_^

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Ok

Casper14
02-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Here you go. ^_^

It's just missing an appearance picture. Let me know if anything needs changing ;)

Name: Leo Johnson

Occupation/Position in Band: Drummer for the One and Only/Car mechanic.

Appearance:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-43ed1yTLS1s/ThBYdDfbJiI/AAAAAAAAAY8/PD78XF5zv9s/s1600/1299701408-82.jpg

Height: 5f9

Weight:160 lbs

Personality/Traits: Leo is a affectionate, loyal, caring type of guy. He's also Strong willed, Intelligent and Courageous. Sometimes he can become unstable if he doesn't think a situation is right. Leo also has a funny side to his personality.

-All genres of music, mainly heavy metal,rock and punk.(ex: Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, and Blink 182.)
- Drumming of course. He once practised at a dinner table on a date with chopsticks.
-His drumkit.(Blue Yamaha set,4 tom, double pedal, 3 cymbols, 1 ride, hi-hat.)

Dislikes:
- People who annoy people for no reason.
- Closed places.

Crush: Time will tell *Smiles*

Info:
Leo was born and raised in Newcastle,UK. He had a tough childhood due to his mother being an alcoholic and his dad walking out on his family at a young age. Nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. He had the courage to move out at the age of 16 to the states and now lives in a small apartment on the outskirts of town. He started drumming at the age of 17 as a way to express his feelings and has been ever since.

Extra: Leo carries around his lucky drumsticks in his back pocket. If he were ever to lose them, he would go ballistic.

SmileyCassandra
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
I LOVE Leo!!!!!!! :D

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Accepted. Blink 182 <3 and Avenged Sevenfold! This has nothing to do with the RP but it would be The Rev's 31st birthday today.

Casper14
02-09-2012, 08:05 PM
True true ^_^ And thanks ^_^ still trying to find a picture.
Blink 182, Avenged sevenfold and Linkin Park are my top 3 bands of all time ;)

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Awesome! And it's ok, no rush.

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
>.< its getting kinda hard to rp when only a few of the band are replying

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Shall we wait for the others?

Casper14
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Can I be a bugger and ask who is with which band? Sorry, slightly confused here?

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Jordan and Andrea are TOAO

Joshua, George and Crysilin are with EC

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
from what I know about who's online now Andrea & Jordan are from the one and only and George and Crysilin is from Explicit Content
And yeah I think its best to wait for a bit more people >.< unless you want to role play them only in the bus for a while

Casper14
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks ^_^

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
DA are you going to reply?
Because if she does Moritos Doritos we can continue, and just start the trip I guess the others can pick up

Skeletor
02-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll post here in a second when I catch up. I had no idea this was starting so soon. lol

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Haha, this does get confusing.

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
:D another member joined so I think we can pretty much continue again,but first gotta organize to who posts when

Casper14
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Slightly busy. Give me 10-15 minutes... Blame the parents... *sigh*

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Alright no prob DA :)
Right now its like this
Doritos Moritos posts first
Then me
Then SmileyCassandra
Who wants to be next?

Skeletor
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Meeee

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Awesomes :D
Then its like this so far ;
DM
Me
Cassadra
Illilith

Casper14
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I'll post after Illilith ^_^ XD

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I'll post after Illilith ^_^ XD
Awesome! :]
Then we're pretty much set on the order of the posting :D

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
oh yeah if anyone missed it, IC is up already :) Here's the link again just in case
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26252 (Music makes the world go round IC)

Skeletor
02-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I know Ice made a char and was really interested in this, I'll tell him as soon as I see that he's online.

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 09:55 PM
:) Hope he joins
btw Ililith did you happen ot ever play the game real Alistair++ ?

Casper14
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry for the length of the post guys... *hides* You can kill me if you can find me XD

andrinaandug
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
<---- is a person who loves long posts so is in love with youre post ^.^

Skeletor
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Andrina; No, I never played that. XD I just really like the name Allistair.

SmileyCassandra
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
OMG! I am sorry if I mess up the process in any way :( My computer decides to go and say Data bass error or something when I try to come in here :( So, I could only go into the IC thread lol Again, so sorry if I mess anything up ^^

MaritosDoritos
02-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Its fine. No worries ^^

Casper14
02-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Right, Im confused again guys... It's late at night... What's the posting order now?

Skeletor
02-10-2012, 03:02 AM
LOL I don't think order matters anymore.

Heir of Void
02-10-2012, 03:07 AM
I don't even know. I posted though, awhile ago.( That all rhymed. I don't know why)

Skeletor
02-10-2012, 03:08 AM
I posted after you. :D

SmileyCassandra
02-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Hey, darkangel, may Crysilin have a crush on Leo? :D

Heir of Void
02-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Hey Illilith, we probably shouldn't go on another river of one x one posts like we did in SoM until the weekend. I want to leave some space for other people to post too (at least in the beginning)

Casper14
02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Hey SC XD, yeah sure. Fine by me XD

Casper14
02-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Hey SC XD, yeah sure. Fine by me XD N Thnx guys

SmileyCassandra
02-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Yes! :D hehehe I hope Leo knows, once she develops it, she totally wont hide it XD

Casper14
02-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Eeeeep? This is gonna be fun. The thing is, I wont be posting until tonight... College and i have no access to a computer during today's classes... So can you wait until tonight to start anything up please?

SmileyCassandra
02-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Of course I can wait XD I understand, real life comes first XD

Casper14
02-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks Hun ^_^ I appreciate it XD

SmileyCassandra
02-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Even I- Whom may pass out in her bowl of cereal have things to do XD So I do understand :) No need for a thanks dear :D

andrinaandug
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
*blink* I think I confused who's who O.o
sorry guys can you say once again whos in which band >.<

andrinaandug
02-20-2012, 03:13 PM
hope this rp will process soon again :)

Casper14
02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Anyone???

Skeletor
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Where did everyone go? Also, ICE, YOU NEED TO POOOST.