PDA

View Full Version : [M] Mirnon Manor re-awakened...

G
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
rated M for violence, supernatural themes and possible sexual references.

So, I'm planning, with a few of the original participants, to continue the Mirnon Manor story. :) We don't want to waste the groundwork we put in, so we're picking up where we left off, but new players are welcome and encouraged to pick a now writer-less character (below) or submit a new character for acceptance :)

Here's a little info - let me know if you're interested ..

IC thread. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11443)
Original OOC. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10680)

Jack Hawthorn is the first to arrive at Mirnon Manor, and by foot no less. No doubt tired after his walk, he quickly falls asleep after entering the house, while first Michelle's taxi, then Alys' car (with an eager Kayli in tow,) and thirdly, Shax's motorbike reach the entrance. One by one, they enter the manor, making some introductions, each puzzling over the reasons' behind the others presence. They scarcely have time to wonder, however, before the first shocking discovery of the night is made. Shax, the first to gain the courage, or the idiocy to explore the old house, finds a gorgeous, anonymous, blonde corpse in the master bedroom, the crimson stains of her blood mingling with the faint, orange ones from years past.
In his haste to warn the others, Shax loses his footing, taking a bad fall down the stairs and striking his head at the bottom. The combination of the battering he has taken and the blood he has lost proves too much for him, and he loses consciousness, barely managing to warn the others of what he has seen.
There are mixed reactions from those in the room. Kayli retreats into a quivering heap, while Alys strides forward to do what she can for the injured man, speaking casually to her long-dead brother as she does so.
Amidst the chaos, no-one hears the knocking on the door, its source; a man named Shane, who has just parked his Lamborghini in the rain outside and is impatient to enter.
He is met there by Morgan, whose car broke en route to the manor and who met Andy when she happened past, offering the other woman a ride. As they enter, Morgan is rising to assist Alys, whose limited knowledge of first aid has left her at a loss for what to do next. After a rather suspicious greeting to the newcomers, the young redhead hesitantly asks the others what they should do next, all of them casting worried eyes toward the ceiling. In the end, it is Michelle and Alys who climb to the second floor, the others preoccupied with the newly revived Shax, and with Mel and Casimir, who have just joined the group. The latter, when he set eyes upon the situation, turned and ran for the exit, only to find the door locked tightly shut, from the outside. Deprived of an escape, he rather helplessly introduces himself to Kayli, whilst the girls upstairs discover the body for themselves. While they wonder what to tell the crowd downstairs, the larger group wonders if the evenings' events are a practical joke, a prank... or something more sinister...
Desperate to distract themselves from their darker thoughts, Casimir and Shax reveal that they are at the manor under the conditions of a bet, while Mel has arrived by accident, with few other options. While some of the group debate going upstairs, to check on the two girls, Mel is distracted with idle thoughts of Morgan and he convinces her to stay downstairs, suggesting she comfort Kayli, who still seems to be in quite a state. He needn't have worried - the girls rejoin the party before anyone has a chance to reach the second floor.

Shortly after, Kayli panics, and with a shout to the others to follow, makes a quick exit through a window, running off into the growing darkness. Alys, Mel and Morgan go after her, and Alys discovers that she has lost her car keys. This becomes the least of their worries when they hear a bloodcurdling scream not far off, one that Alys clearly recognises as Kayli's. Michelle, who has followed the other three into the dark and been unable to find them, is the first to reach the sounds' source. She arrives too late to save Kayli, who is lying dead beneath a large tree, and too late to stop the other three from seeing it as well. Casimir leaves the house in an attempt to see if he is able to use his motorbike to escape, just as Andy, who gave Morgan a ride to the manor, enters by the front door, walking into the empty loungeroom and wondering at the dark crimson stain at the base of the stairs. Mel, Morgan and Alys return to the house and meet Andy, and together the five of them continue to explore the house, trying to find some clue as to who is behind all this. It is some time before they realise that Michelle is no longer among them, and then that the others, those of the group they left in the loungeroom, are also gone. Mel does his best to keep the others calm, though Andy seems determined to antagonise them. The group begins further exploration of the house, and Casimir finds a passageway, leading from the kitchen into a long, narrow corridoor that runs god knows how long around the length of the manor. Tentatively, they make their way along the hall, each wondering if they will find the others at the end... or the killer... of if the one responsible has been among them all along...

Alys~
Usually quite sure of herself, if a little snappy, this unusual girl has become very frightened and withdrawn since the discovery of Kayli's body.

Andy~
An unpredictable, arrogant tattoist, she has made herself a commanding presence in the group.

Morgan~
A reporter, skeptical of the rumours that surround Mirnon Manor and determined to prove them false, she has found her doubts tested, and has formed the beginnings of a close bond with Mel as the groups' situation grows ever more dire.

Mel~
A friendly, rather fearless man who has also been a strong member of the group, helping everyone to keep as calm as can be expected in the circumstances but especially lending support to Morgan, who he is becoming extremely fond of, going against his usual kind of appreciation for women.

Shax~
The survival in the wilderness, "i keep a dagger strapped to my ankle," macho type. Hugely strong and well-built, he has recently rejoined the group after being kidnapped by a mysterious, elderly, male assailant. The murderer? Or one of them.....

Michelle Moreau~
This European student comes off as cold and emotionless most of the time, and is a woman of few words. Sometime during the panic that ensued after her discovery of Kayli's body, she was also captured, and now lies unconscious in a dark room.

Up for grabs

Jack Hawthorn~
Little has yet been discovered about this seemingly happy, but inwardly troubled musician.

Casimir Lirian~
The same can be said for this late arrival to the group.

Full Bios/Pictures available upon expression of interest.

Sy23
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Brilliant! Good old MM is back!!!

Urm, I think you might wanna check your use of the word "ostentatious" though :) -

Kris
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

G
02-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Ahah, sorry. Was tired, and you're right, that was not the word I was thinking of. Three attempts at writing something while your laptop dies a slow, painful death in front of you gets frustrating, haha.

Sy23
02-03-2012, 01:35 AM
A dying laptop. Commiserations - one can almost hear the last part of Tchaikovsjy's "Swan Lake" playing in the background as you watch the screen go dark! Hope all is fixed now :)

G
02-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Oh, this one's been on a slow, downward spiral for a while now... I keep managing to revive it, but one of these days my frail attempts at computer first aid aren't going to be enough...

Sy23
02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I will have my friends on the Gold Coast keep a careful watch-out. If they report a boat, set on fire, sailing by from the direction of Byron Bay, I'll know the laptop has finally died and been given a pagan burial!

Merry
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
:maxexcited: So... let's try to drum up some business for this RP - really happy it's back! Hope your Lappy holds out G - would be a shame to lose you again, you just got back!

Sy23
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm ready to post again, I hope everyone comes back

Merry
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I just spam'd a bunch of VM pages with our game OOC, perhaps drum up some new blood -grin- and I'll tweet it at some point.

Sy23
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM
We might need people to play established characters too, if some people have vanished - G can't kill them ALL off.

Merry
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
:lol: oh.. I'm sure she actually could Kill them all! if we let her...

Sy23
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
'cept the Gorgeous Morgan and the flirtacious Mel - the linked M's, the driving heart of the story, glamor match of the century, etc etc

Merry
02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
:XD: zactly!

SikstaSlathalin
02-06-2012, 05:02 PM
I'll take Shax. But do I have to resuse the same char? The old Shax doesn't seem like he'd live an hour in a murder mystery.

Sy23
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Shame, I rather liked Shax...

SikstaSlathalin
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I can see how but when you got SikstaSlathalin playing a survivor XD. That Shax doesn't even hold a candle to some of my survivors.

G
02-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Haha, you're more than welcome to revamp the character slightly - just make sure you don't change him so much that the actions he's already taken don't seem completely unrealistic. Would you like me to send you his original cs so you can edit it and post it here for approval?

Also, thanks guys, great to see the enthusiasm. :D Do you think I should make a new IC, or should we just carry on posting on the end of the old one? Might make it a bit neater to start a new one with the overview as the first post, but thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Edit: and I could kill them all whether you liked it or not XD But I had slightly more intersting plans for them, which would work better if people took the charries on... If you do end up takming Shax, Siks, you'll need a little more info on his current location :D

SikstaSlathalin
02-07-2012, 02:28 AM
I'll just hack apart his picture, put up a new one and change his history and that.

Name:Shax Law
Description:http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/Siks/Tarzan1.jpg but with blond hair and dressed in torn black jeans, combat boots, leather jacket and a plain dark blue shirt.
Personality: Shax was born a few centuries too late and a few miles too far east. He's a man of the wild always has been and his parents were there for him at all times. He's friendly and courteous but above all cautious .
History: Born in a State Park to a former Army Ranger father and Navy MP mother. The outdoors were his whole life he took his first steps through a clear running creek. His first skinned knee was from jumping down a rocky hillside. His father says Shax has pine sap and mud running in his veins rather than blood.
Equipment: Shax carries a dagger around, strapped to his ankle, a multi-tool, and fire-starter kit necklace.
Other:N/A

SikstaSlathalin
02-07-2012, 05:58 AM
nvm this post.

G
02-07-2012, 08:45 AM
I didn't mean start from scratch in that sense. We'll be taking up where we left off, the events that have already passed will remain the same. I was asking if you guys wanted to use the original IC so that the actual posts are there for reference, or if you think it will be less confusing to start a new IC with the shortened run down of prior events.

If you don't feel you want to play a character with Shax's characteristics maybe you should pick a different one? Or as I said in the first post, you can submit a new character, though I'd prefer the old slots to be filled first.

edit: Approval pending while I wait for your response on whether you still want to take Shax, despite his somewhat clumsy past actions. And because someone who grew up in a state forest, despite his fathers' background, doesn't seem like a history that would make him accustomed to corpses, tough as he might be.

Sy23
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm voting for using the original IC - makes it easier to cross-check past events for the players.

SikstaSlathalin
02-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Oh ok then and ay I'll stick with Shax. I can make the reaction work.

G
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Alright then, accepted. :) I'll give it another day or two to see if we get any more interest and then we'll begin :D

SikstaSlathalin
02-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Ok how will we explain the whereabouts of where everyone was that haven't posted much in the Original RP.

G
02-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Don't worry I have that under control already. Sending you a pm.

Sy23
02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
G is great at that sort of thing... believe me!

SikstaSlathalin
02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Hmm this will require a lot of thinking on my part.

G
02-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I have every confidence you'll do just fine :)

... well... depends on your definition of 'fine,' really. Emotionally ( and quite possibly physically) scarred, haunted by the memories of the night you spent in hell... if you survive long enough to have them.. but yeah..

you'll be fine..

SikstaSlathalin
02-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Uh maybe I'll have Shax off exploring some more trying to clear his mind of the dead girl and even though his sense are all tweaked the old man stuns him somehow and drags him to this room and he'll awake seeing others are gone and go looking for them and find them then we can start back into the RP?

Merry
02-11-2012, 01:44 AM
*dancer* Seriously awesome to jump back into this game!

G
02-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Sure, as long as you take into account the information I've already sent you. Well... shall we begin, then? I'll make the first post to set things moving. :) If you have any trouble finding the IC thread, the link to it is in the first post :D

SikstaSlathalin
02-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Ok I'll have Shax pop up tomorrow.

Sy23
02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Hrmp, just got back and I have to break a door down! It's no rest, this game... :)

G
02-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Haha. Shh, deal with it. :P

Sy23
02-13-2012, 11:21 AM
OK - soon as Merry posts ('cos of the two post etiquette) I'll be smashing away!

Merry
02-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Can do - lemme read up, and remember this character! :)

posted! not the best.. but a start...

Sy23
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Just remember she's gorgeous, a redhead, and a photographer - and I will have no complaints if she falls into Mel's arms and races him off to PM - er, I mean declares undying adoration - at some point.

Anyway, one door broken down. Now, sweet G, tell us what's behind it...

SikstaSlathalin
02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
XD Ok took a shot and emasculated Mel let's hope the post works.

Sy23
02-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Well it worked for me! Brilliant stuff (See your latest rep)...

Setsa
02-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Well Siks has asked me to take a look at this rp as got one female character slot open? any info on this character or link be great as I need to post elsewhere then check back here to see if I'm in or not

Merry
02-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Oh Setsa! You should definitely join us! check out the first page of this thread, to get an update run down of what's going on in the game! I believe there are a few girl char's available! G would have a good list of who :)

G
02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
@Siks - exactly what I was intending to be behind that door - nice first post :)

Sorry for the delay on my reply guys, was distracted by V-day cuteness :D

@Setsa, yep, we have a female charrie open :) Here's her original sheet -

Michelle Moreau.

Twenty-two.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2009/359/1/b/Frozen_V__by_Sirxlem.jpg

Speaking has never been a preferred activity of the female…
Arrogant, cold, neglectful - have at it. Depict the woman in a single word and wait in anticipation for her to be that. Don’t waste your time. It will never happen.
To compress the being of Michelle Moreau into one word, one simple phrase, would be an act worth rewarding. Not many people have the ability to read her, to figure her out. The few persons that have found a way have great talent. Constant perplexing thoughts, a cold nature, and few revelations about her being all lead to Michelle being a very… unique person, dare I say?

Student.

Corresponding to her persona, her history is veiled with a rare exception of a few glimpses. Brought to light somewhere in Europe, she‘s in the US for education - to attend the university.
The hidden riches were slow to grab her attention, but the danger, the mystery, the promise of adventure seemed very appealing at the time she heard about the Manor. Now that the date's so near, Michelle is having doubts about her decision, to say the least.
Was all this really a good idea?

A pack of cigarettes are her only companions.

You can use her as is, or make a few edits to the sheet if you like. (Siks almost completely changed Shax) Just make sure if you are going to edit her personality, or history, it doesn't effect any of the actions she's already taken. Let me know if you'd like her, if you'd like to change the sheet post the edited version here for approval and I'll let you know her current situation. (Which is lying unconscious on the floor of the room Mel just busted his way into, haha.)

Setsa
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Ok after looking at original OOC I'm in!! I may change Michelle a bit but need to read IC to see how's she's been played and doing before I go any further. So if G you want to PM me about anything go for it! But I will read IC then do any changes if at all to her cs...then post so still will be a bit :)

Setsa is here to stay!!!

Sy23
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
YAY! Someone else to flirt with at the Manor.. . er, I m-m-mean, someone else to add even more artistic integrity and exciting gameplay...

SikstaSlathalin
02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Rein in your horn Sy Sets and I usually team up when we RP together. XD

Sy23
02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, in that case, I will watch my pupil at work - feel free to ask for advice though, Siks :)

SikstaSlathalin
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh let the rivalry begin between String Bean Romeo and Black Knight. ;) You don't have to worry about giving me advice Sy I've played my share of flirts.

Sy23
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
OK, I'll watch carefully and take notes!

SikstaSlathalin
02-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Lol

Setsa
02-15-2012, 09:03 PM
lol too funny guys...and yes Siks is right we usually make a great team lol One reason why I figured you asked me to check this rp out Siks...lol -hugs-

Let the fun begin!

SikstaSlathalin
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
*hugs Sets back* That and I figured you'd be a great addition to this all star team.

Setsa
02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Lol yeppers! Now off to read more of the IC!

G
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Setsa, there's a summary of the original IC happenings in the first post of this thread. As for Michelle's whereabouts, if you read a couple pages back in the IC you'll see the post I wrote where she was kidnapped by our mysterious (old?) man, and as has just been discovered by the others, she's now unconscious in the room they've just freed Shax from.

Glad to have you with us :)

Also - boys, boys.. calm down, haha. There's twice as many females as males in our little party, I'm sure you can sort it out without too much confrontation, haha.

Setsa
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
yeppers shall do and with luck will post cs if any changes were made or what not and be ready to post tonight or tomorrow morning lol

Sy23
02-16-2012, 03:05 AM
True, G - I mustn't be selfish and begrudge Sikipoo just one of them. :)

Seriously though, I'm glad the character of Michelle can now play a part - it was kind of disappointing that she seemed to be a NPC for most of the pre-gap game, due to having no one to play her.

Merry
02-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Sorry for my missing self, with all the upgrade/issues/challenges... I've got my hands full, I'll do my best to keep up, but please don't wait on me if you need to move along. Welcome Setsa! :hugg:

Setsa
02-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Michelle Moreau.

Twenty-two.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd130/silly_sammy22/stock-photo-young-black-hair-woman-portrait-in-red-shirt-5511241.jpg

Speaking has never been a preferred activity of the female…
A loner, realist, straight to the point, "don't waste my time" type. Depict the woman in a single word and wait in anticipation for her to be that. Don’t waste your time. It will never happen unless you are to prove yourself a real man that can handle a strong woman in nearly every way.
To compress the being of Michelle Moreau into one word, one simple phrase, would be an act worth rewarding. Not many people have the ability to read her, to figure her out or for that much..truly understand her. The few persons that have found a way have great talent. Constant perplexing thoughts, a misread cold nature, and few revelations about her being all lead to Michelle being a very… unique person, dare I say?

Student of Business Administration..she knew what to do and how to get there..

Corresponding to her persona, her history is veiled with a rare exception of a few glimpses. Brought to light somewhere in Europe, she‘s in the US for education - to attend the university as per her father's wishes. Being raised solely by him since a child, he was the one she took after..

The hidden riches were slow to grab her attention, but the danger, the mystery, the promise of adventure seemed very appealing at the time she heard about the Manor. Now that the date's so near, Michelle is having doubts about her decision, to say the least.
Was all this really a good idea?

A pack of cigarettes are her only companions. A true addict to nicotine, she's tried many times to quit this habit... But oh the sweet taste....intoxicating

[Ok this is the revised CS for Michelle changed her appearance and personality but kept to her base set-up so shouldn't be a problem at all....heh...

G
02-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Yeah, Setsa, she's fine. I'm glad Michelle's back too :D I'll make edits to the available and taken chars now.. welcome aboard! :D

SikstaSlathalin
02-16-2012, 04:20 AM
XD She kept more of her char then I did awesome. XD

Sy23
02-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Setsa, she's fine. I'm glad Michelle's back too :D I'll make edits to the available and taken chars now.. welcome aboard! :D

G, is there any way we can edit previous posts concerning Shax to bring him more in line with the "new" Shax as played by Sik? Or maybe explain the change as a result of the bump on the head? The differences between the two personas is really radical. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I think the continuity suffers.

I'm also strongly suspecting that our revered GM has given a secret clue to Sik that the rest of us don't have - am I right?

Setsa
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Whoo! Glad she's approved..and yea Siks. Just had to really change her enough so that I could actually accept her as one of my characters lol.

Edit: Posted! Not lengthy considering she just woke up but should be good enough. Either way Michelle is awake! :)

SikstaSlathalin
02-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Well if it's a problem I'm sure the bump on the head would work.

G
02-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Haha, no, noone's been given too much of a clue, I think you're all on about the same level with knowledge. It's all there, in the IC, just remember that in a game like this no comment is meaningless. ;)
I don't think I can edit posts that someone else has made, but if you remember there was a bit of valium handed out to people close to the beginning of the game... maybe his dopey, falling down the stairs, panicky behaviour was a result of the drug - he didn't feel as in touch with his survivalist nature at the beginning? By now it's obviously worn off, and he's back to normal. Just an idea...

Sy23
02-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah, G, I think that works. What we have now is the "real" Shax, whereas before he was not functioning at full level - this also explains how the "enemy" was able to sneak up on him!

SikstaSlathalin
02-17-2012, 04:07 AM
XD You both took the words right out of my mouth. I'm gonna wait for others to post before I do again unless things go stale then I'll chime in.

Thomas Smothers
02-17-2012, 04:16 PM
I guess I may have been forgotten... But that's okay, I was hoping to pull out of the RP by having my character killed, but it seems that in the story so far my character is not mentioned. I'm sorry for not being able to keep with the RP, but I have lately been losing available time to get on here and do not want to disappoint my fellow rpers.

SikstaSlathalin
02-18-2012, 05:46 AM
I guess I'll chime in then but later.

G
02-18-2012, 07:01 AM
@Thomas - sorry for overlooking you. I just figured, as your character hasn't actually interacted with anyone yet and you hadn't been very active that it would be simpler to leave you out. If you'd still like to participate, then you're more than welcome, but it doesn't sound like you do. Post imminent...

SikstaSlathalin
02-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Ok I'll have Shax's post up soon.

Merry
02-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Thomas! COME back Into the game! :)

SikstaSlathalin
02-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Ok Shax post is up.

Setsa
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Will work on a post for Michelle tonight or tomorrow.... Need to figure out how I want to go about this

SikstaSlathalin
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
I have faith in your skill Sets.

G
02-21-2012, 06:01 AM
Woohoo! So glad this has picked back up :D
And yeah, like I said Thomas, you're more than welcome to jump back in if you'd like. Shax, Michelle and Alys are all coming back out into the main house, so that could be an opportunity for your character to join the party :)

Just gonna wait and give Setsa a chance to post before I do so again :)

G
02-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Still with us, Setsa?

Setsa
02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Yes sorry, life is busy and I only really get mornings to post up a storm. Was actually working on a post early this morning before I saw this lol

Edit: Posted :D

SikstaSlathalin
02-25-2012, 10:37 PM
So let Mel save Andy?

G
02-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Well since Shax is in the kitchen and has no idea any of this just happened, and Mel and Morgan are about to walk into it it would seem more likely - but how do you know Andy will need to be saved - he isn't pointing a gun at her or holding a knife to her throat, and her comparitively youthful speed and strength puts her at an advantage here (seemingly) even if his somewhat mad behavior is a bit unsettling to her... besides the fact that he just told her he didn't wanna kill anyone!! ....

Maybe that didn't help at all ... haha. As I said in the original ooc, everyone is free to take whatever they feel is the most appropriate (while being thought out and realistic ) course of action that seems necessary. :D

I will say - if you're hoping things will become a little clearer soon, best not to kill this guy off too quick (not sayin' you can't - I've been very flexible with myself with this plot, and allowed for player development - there's a few ways it might go:D). Also, he's an NPC, so let me know first if you'd like to do anything drastic with him in your posts.

SikstaSlathalin
02-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Just wondering and it could be realistic that they could hear the old man's voice through the air but I'll let Mel play the Hero this time, Shax will show him up later. XD

Sy23
02-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Guess I can't really post until Merry does - we can't have Morgan standing around like a shop dummy. However, the post from the old guy makes it pretty clear that killing him out of hand isn't appropriate - Mel's more likely to take a suspicious watching brief, and make sure he keeps his body between the old man and Morgan.

I'm presuming some threat is gonna come at the other division of the party next, so Shax will have plenty of chances to prove his heroism.

SikstaSlathalin
02-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Someone's gonna get a table leg smashed over their head if they do come after him in the kitchen. XD

G
02-27-2012, 12:32 AM
If they... smile? Haha

SikstaSlathalin
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
YES!

No it was a typo edited it now.

Merry
02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Sorry to keep you guys waiting :( My time is very limited lately and I do apologize for not being here to post like I want to... please don't wait on me, and if need be Sy, keep Morgan moving along with Mel. I'll do my best to keep up, but don't want to be the one to slow us down!

SikstaSlathalin
02-28-2012, 02:34 AM
No worries Merry do what you can, you're too good a player to not work with.

Merry
02-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Aw.. thanks Siksta! :hugg: been a long time since we RP'd ;)

SikstaSlathalin
02-28-2012, 05:03 AM
*hugs Merry back* I know wasn't the last one something about a trapped Fae in a book?

Merry
02-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Yup *yuppers* was fun too :)

SikstaSlathalin
02-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Ay it was.

G
03-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Posted :) Sorry for the wait guys, I've been cast as Juliet in my drama companies production of Romeo and Juliet - it's a bit overdone, but hey, as I'm the lead I won't complain, haha. A lot of lines to learn, though.

SikstaSlathalin
03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Ok I'll get a post up later.

And good luck G I know how much time goes into learning a lot of lines.

Merry
03-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Congrat's G - that's pretty awesome!

Setsa
03-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Congrats! Too bad can't get a video tape of it so can watch the play later lol

SikstaSlathalin
03-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Ok working on my post now.

What are we going to do with the other bodies that don't have players? Leave them to die pick one to double play or what?

G
03-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Well, if you'd like to double up you're more than welcome. Otherwise they can be left where they are for the moment, and I might NPC them a little as I please :) Could have some fun, with all the sitting ducks around here, haha.

edit: and thanks guys :) I'm excited, and the lines are coming along fine - I've had to learn a few scripts in my time, and it gets easier, haha. The productions in june/july, maybe I'll see about filming it for RPA's viewing pleasure, haha.

Sy23
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Just want to add my congrats to your securing the role of Juliet! Yay! Please do film it! Wherefore art though hesitating?

G
03-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Just one note about your post, Siks - there's no way Shax would know it's an old man we're after, since he didn't see him and noone has mentioned him so far, save Andy saying it's a 'him.'

Sy23
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM
G, Shax already knows it's an old man that took him from behind (see earlier posts), so it's quite feasible he has assumed it's the same person. In fact, the way events have gone, it's the people that actually spoke to the old man that might be more likely to doubt he is the killer...

SikstaSlathalin
03-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Ay Sy's right.

Shax is going off of what he already knows and connecting dots.

G
03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Eh, you justified it well enough that I won't argue the point.

SikstaSlathalin
03-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok.

Extraordinaire.
03-22-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm considering making a new character, if you're still accepting them rather than the pre-mades. I was hoping to entwine some reasoning behind their late arrival....

But I'm not sure how far alone the role play has gotten (past the summary on the front... How many days have they spent there?) So I'm not sure if I should blame it on a "cancelled flight," or maybe have them be related to one of the people already there, if someone would like to volunteer their character...? :)

G
03-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Yes, as I said at the beginning, I'd prefer the old slots to be filled but I will consider new characters as well. You could have simply gotten lost, or as you said, missed a flight and had to get a later one. All the events so far have taken place on a single night - we haven't done any time skips or anything, so considering it was verging on dusk when everyone arrived, I think it would have to be at least one or two in the morning, after everything that's taken place so far.

Merry
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Awesome! new peoples! :)

G
03-30-2012, 02:14 AM
Dun dun dun!!!! Poor Morgan, finally called up some bravado and then she has to see something like that!!!!

SikstaSlathalin
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I'll figure out a post soon.

Merry
03-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh Andy, Andy, Andy... what have you done! :lol: nice post G!

G
03-31-2012, 03:50 PM
:D
Something exciting had to happen... I mean, otherwise we'd all get bored at this manor, haha.

Sy23
04-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Yeah, it shocked me too - brilliant twist!

SikstaSlathalin
04-04-2012, 10:38 PM
This old guy is really dead right?

G
04-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh yeah. He's definitely dead. Note the blood slowly seeping from the back of his unmoving skull. Haha

SikstaSlathalin
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh good I don't have to edit my post.

Sy23
04-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Shax is acting strangely respectful to the supposed enemy - is he gonna cover the body with flowers and make a respect sign to his district next???

G
04-04-2012, 11:43 PM
hahaha. Well, it was never certain that he actually was an enemy, now, was it?

G
04-05-2012, 12:14 AM
What, you thought that would be the end of the excitement? I'm sorry, faithful minions, but the best is yet to come :D

Sy23
04-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Er, no, we didn't actually :)

G
04-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Hehe. But we were just having such a nice , quiet evening in this old manor. Who'da thunk? XD

SikstaSlathalin
04-05-2012, 04:20 AM
It's a warrior thing Sy, Mel wouldn't understand it's deep and powerful meaning. XP

G
04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Yay, rpa is back to normal!!! GET TO POSTING, FAITHFUL MINIONS!!!!

Sy23
04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey, who are you calling ..... faithful???

G
04-13-2012, 12:18 AM
I meant it in a 'you better be faithful or i'll kill you' kinda way. XD
hehehe

Sy23
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey, isn't she lovely when she gets all strict!!!!!

G
04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Alright - next person to post gets a piece of chocolate bavarian. better?

SikstaSlathalin
04-14-2012, 02:45 AM
I hope this picks back up.

G
04-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Well the last post leaves things open for anyone to react to.. and seriously guys, haave you not tasted chocolate bavarian? it's so worth it, trust me... XD

G
04-16-2012, 12:32 AM
I WANTED TO REP YOU SO BAD FOR THAT CHOCOLATE BAVARIAN COMMENT!! haha.
But I'm not allowed D:

Sy23
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Forget the rep - just throw cake and money!

(er, why are you not allowed to rep me, btw?)

G
04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Apparently I have to spread the love more before I give it to you again :P

Merry
04-17-2012, 11:37 AM
I however can rep him.. and have! :) Nice posts guys!

Sy23
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
LOL, thanks Merry - I'll think of you when I eat the Chokky Bavarian - since you are both so sweet, satisfying and tasty!

Merry
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
:blush: aww.....

Setsa
04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Finally posted with a bit of Vulcan reference just to make up for the delay :)

SikstaSlathalin
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Ok if this picks up this weekend I won't be around much I have business to attend to but I'll try and get on and post.

G
04-20-2012, 05:17 AM
No problem Siks, just glad to see you guys are still around :D

SikstaSlathalin
04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Now I gotta smack mel for taking Shax'sbullets.

Sy23
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Sik, it's all part of a long-term plot plan I have - and it was for Shax's own good (or Mel thinks it is, anyway)...

SikstaSlathalin
04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
He has more mags dude. XD I was just gonna have him check his gear find the missing bullets and threaten to shoot Mel for taking them.

Sy23
04-20-2012, 02:03 PM
That's actually what I was aiming for - without revealing too much, Mel has theories about this situation that his creator doesn't share.

SikstaSlathalin
04-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Well it'll be in my chars style to do it.

Sy23
04-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Did this die (again)?????

SikstaSlathalin
04-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Mayhaps.

Merry
04-30-2012, 12:16 PM
no!

Sy23
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Hope you're right, sweet one :)

G
05-02-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm still here - my boyfriend flew home to the UK last wednesday and I'm not sure when we'll see each other again besides on stupid skype, so I've been a bit upset. I even missed the last four or whatever days of the writers marathon D:
Haven't been feeling very inspired, but my mood will pick up soon enough, once I have a bit of money towards getting there.

SikstaSlathalin
05-02-2012, 03:27 AM
I just can't think of where I can go in the RP now.

G
05-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Ok, expect a pm :)

SikstaSlathalin
05-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Ok nvm I posted now.

EDIT: So Mel has killed before or is he being sarcastic?

G
05-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Posted... he sounded serious to me!

Sy23
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
yes, he's killed before - just that mentioning hasn't been relevant until now