PDA

View Full Version : Darman501 character

Darman501
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
If you see something wrong or have any suggestions let me know. I've only played 4e and a variant of 3.5 for a short time.

Name: Wilfalcon Loreweaver
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Level: 2
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Character Description: Young boy with tusseled black hair tied behind his head, so it doesn't fall infront of his steely almond-brown gaze. Amongst the largest men in his tribe.

Height: 6'2''
Weight: 171
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Handed: Left

Hit Points: 16
Armour Class Rating: 4
THAC0: 19

STR: 16
INT: 11
WIS: 11
DEX : 12
CON : 12
CHA: 16

Saving Throws:
Paralyzation/Poison: 14
Rod/Staff/Wand: 16
Petrification/Polymorph: 15
Breath Weapon: 17
Spells: 17

Armour:
- Chainmail
- Small Buckler

Weapons:
- Long Handed Sword 1d8
- Shortbow

Miscellaneous Items:
- 60 Flight Arrows 1d6
- Quiver
- Backpack
- Bedroll
- Flint and Steel

Skills/Powers/Abilities:
- Barbarians are impressive because of sheer strength, intensity, and animal magnetism; this gives them a +3 reaction adjustment bonus in certain situations.
- All that impressiveness can work against the Barbarian, too. Whenever the barbarian character achieves a reaction roll of 14 or more, he takes an additional –3 modifier. That is, if the reaction is negative at all, it will be even more negative than it otherwise would have been—the barbarian is scary, and the other person overreacts

Darman501
02-06-2012, 06:53 PM
HP:

Ability Scores:

Darman501
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
HP:

[dice0]

Ability Scores:

[dice1]
[dice2]
[dice3]
[dice4]
[dice5]
[dice6]

John
02-07-2012, 04:19 PM
The three highest dice from each roll determine your scores. Max starting score barring racial benefits is 18

Your rolls are 11,12,16,9,12,11. You can if you like, roll the 9 again. If it comes lower, you will be stuck with it. You can also take 2 points off any roll to add 1 to any other when setting up your scores.

You will be starting at level 2, for level one you get max HP so we'll take the 6 as your level 2 roll.

What's a beast rider? Other than the obvious of course XD

Darman501
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
What's a beast rider? Other than the obvious of course XD

It was one of the warrior class options on that website you had linked to. I choose it to add some more martial power to the group. Kind of reminded me of a druid from 4e so I took it. You have the power of a fighter, but an animal companion that you ride.

http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/

Is that fine with you as the DM? I would assume since were still low level that this it would lean more towards a cub, but still big enough to ride, rather than a fully grown bear. Would I use a reduced stat for it?

Also:

[dice0]

John
02-09-2012, 11:50 PM
*resists urge to be an evil DM* Okay, I'll allow the beast rider kit, but there is a downside. Your animal will not go to Ravenloft with you. The method of travel to Ravenloft is via mist. Without giving too much away, the mists decide who or what enters the realm. The bear would be left behind. Downside number 2, it is highly unlikely you would find something in Ravenloft to take the place of the bear. The realm has it's own set of rules as the party will find out soon enough. I only mention it in case you want to change your class at all

Meinolf
02-10-2012, 12:59 AM
So, the beast rider kit gives you, essentially, the 1st level Animal Friendship (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD02121.htm#3cb8e1e6) spell, but with only one species, and at the expense of -3 (or 15%) to all reaction rolls with every npc you will ever meet (unless we somehow begin interacting with your characters tribe at some point). I would say let him have his pet, even a full adult, but maybe corrupt the pet over time. ;)

By the end of it, the bear could have devil horns, scales all over, tentacles that whip around from its back, and breathing ebon fire. Egads, Ravenloft is fun, isn't it? :D

John
02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
How about this, if you want the bear in this, I'll let it go to Ravenloft with you. Two things I'll say though, 1) It likely won't have a very high survival rate, 2) Problem could arise due to the presence of the bear which Meinolf noted in his post above.

So the choice be yours.

Darman501
02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Despite this providing some awesome roleplaying possibilities, I decide to change characters. I've changed to the Barbarian kit, which was the only other one that fit my Abil. Score. It does fit my play style, so I like the class.

John
02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Your THAC0 is 19. Take out the the 1-12 for damage. For the sake of simplicity, all weapons do one damage regardless of the size of the opponent.

If you want, you may also roll for ambidesterity. There is a 25% chance that you are. So roll 2d10 Fist die is tens, second is ones .

And keep an eye on the IC and OOC. You're about to get wet.

Darman501
02-13-2012, 01:06 PM
[dice0]

John
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I adjusted your sword's damage as we aren't using the larger than man sized damage rule. Also, your character now has a ring of protection +2, which I didn't add in.