PDA

View Full Version : [M] Western Wanderers: Arrows, Train, Chaos [IC]

V
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Rated M, for violence, sex themes and scenes, for Kris' character ordered V's around, and Kris' character being naked .... again.

A town liberated, a talisman lost. Our heroes will never be the same, once drawn together for a grim task now have developed deep romantic feelings. However, Joey the hired gun fought against a Dead Man and now only remains alive due to the magic of the woman named Marigold. It was up to Joanne to save him through the only way: a Necromancer.

Now he's free of the bonds of death, and their own loving bond closer then ever. Their journey must continue.

The ancient talisman has headed across the wasteland carried by the two warlocks. They only way to cross is by the expensive frontier train....

.... and they for sure aren't going to pay for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up feeling the most rested he'd been in a week. He smiled down at the woman still sleeping. Her head was rested on his bare chest and a hand beside it. Their legs were still tangled together. Joe looked out the window and found the sun was high in the sky, probably past midday. He was unsurprised; they had been up late in the night together.

Unlike their previous time, they had shared themselves with each other, taking their time. At first, they had been worried for Joe's health, but that had faded as the time wore on.

After shuffling out from underneath Joanne, he dressed himself and left her to sleep some more. He stopped a moment to examine some markings on his wrists before tugging on his shirt. Joe didn't mind that she liked to assert herself over him, pinning him like that, but the markings would be embarrassing if anyone else noticed.

Joe exited their room and met with one of the working women in the hall. He asked them to prepare the bath for Joanne before she woke up. She would no doubt be wanting one. Joe paid them to scent the water and for extra soap.

Once downstairs and into the common room of the tavern, he wandered to the bar to ask for breakfast or lunch for the pair of them. He told the man behind the bar that they would eat together once they were both ready for the day.

Afterwards, he checked and groomed their horses, treating them especially well for their work the night before. It took maybe an hour, but Joanne wasn't downstairs yet. Joe assumed she would be soon so he asked the bar man to start work on their meal.

He sat at the bar, having a drink while waiting, when something in the corner caught his eye. “Does that thing work?”

“Yeah, but we haven't had a player in here for months. Do you play?”

“No, I've never been a musician.”

But he was still curious; he couldn't figure it out. He stepped down off his stool and wandered over to the corner. There weren't too many in the bar, most others probably working, but those that were didn't give him much of a look.

Joe took a seat and played a single note. The piano responded. Joe frowned down at his hands.

Perhaps it was his new sense of life that made Joe stay seated and spread his fingers over keys. He was hesitant at first, tapping a slow tune that he'd never heard before, but it felt right to his heart and mind. Long somber notes filled the near empty bar room, music that made him reminisce. It was music without haste. It was sad, it was depressing, it was the opposite he'd been feeling up until that moment but Joe couldn't stop, the emotion freeing itself from within him, bringing forth the memories.

The tune that had started soft and slow had built over the time he'd played, his fingers a frantic mess along the keys. A hectic melody that raced along like his heart, like the tears that escaped his closed eyes. Once more it began to slow, to something manageable, emotion constricting it once more... until Joe began to sing.

Unspoken words have filled my mind,
Hard words of a lost past

Croaking came forth his voice, harshly tearing at his throat. As he gulped, the music clashed, his fingers unable to control themselves. If there was grumbling in the room around him at the noise, Joe couldn't hear it, lost in his own mind. He was compelled to continue, depressive notes brushing aside the remnants of the chaotic music. Whatever had infected him with this musical aptitude had not touched his singing also. Despite this, Joe continued his voice now more harmonic.

A decade since, I still remember,
The pain I felt,
As you turned away,

Leaving my broken body,
Stealing all that was left of her.

Rain hits my face as I remember,
That single night,
you were taken away.

Bullet wounds, broken bones,
I came home from it all alone.

Outlaws or bandits,
it makes no difference,

You disappeared and
She was gone.

Joe's voice echoed for a few moments as he paused to regain his breath. Not used to the playing, his fingers and wrists were tingling and he was sure they would ache later in the day. However, he was still empowered by the magic that had overtaken him. Soft playing was replaced by quicker notes to spur himself into telling his story.

He sung once more, voice matching the changed style.

Lightning flashed,
As the rain came,
Pouring from above,

Down past the old mine,
Warm weapons in hand,
Thunder mixed with shots.

My thoughts were of murder,
I'm not proud,
But they had our daughter,

In my dreams,
I see the fight,
Three against one,
Hail, Bullets, Blood,
Wounds, Cries, Pain,

Never asked them who they were,
Never cared who they were.

As I cried,
As I Bled,
When I was dying,
I couldn't breath,
I couldn't think,

As I held her to my chest.
As I listened to her die.

My wife,
They destroyed us.
You lived,
Never saw you again.

Joe wanted to smash his fingers against the keys, to fill the room with hateful noise. Just unleash all the confusing emotions from his mind. But, the musician inside wasn't allowing that to happen, it needed to finish the story, to finish its song.

He played the same slow notes he started with.

A decade since, I still remember,
How alone I felt,
Since you were gone.

I feel confused conflicted
So quickly feelings grow

Ten years have passed,
Never thought I'd feel better,

But maybe now with her
Things will be alright.

Joe let his fingers play some more until his hands fell into his lap.

Kris
02-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Descending down the stairs Jo couldn't help but being impressed by the musical talent of Joe. She clapped her hands together, her eyes wide and admiring and a smile forming upon her lips.

Using the time to bath, she felt relaxed more than ever, but the music did more than enough to ease her spirit too along with the water that eased her body.

"That was beautiful!", Jo didn't lie, but she hide the fact there was a hint of bitterness in the sweet melody, as if he was telling a story through his tunes.

Once she was fully standing beside Joe she rested her hands over his shoulders, "I didn't know you can sing or play like that!"

She also wanted to ask rather or not what he just said was true or not. But decided to wait.

V
02-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Joe shied away from looking at Joanne when she approached him seated at the piano; his face was still a mixture of emotions and pain. He heard her footsteps approaching and his stomach was like butterflies, "That was beautiful!"

He'd been to lost with himself to know how the music had sounded.

Her hands on his shoulders were a gentle comfort as Joe began to regain his emotions. Hesitantly he raised his own hand up to hold Joanne's against his body.

"I... I didn't know either," Joe said quietly, "I saw the piano there, and my fingers needed to play the keys. Never before had I ever played music at all."

"Just like the magic sensing," he muttered, "things keep changing for me."

Kris
02-25-2012, 03:33 PM
At the sound of the word 'Magic' Jo couldn't help but look at her hands. There was still no sensation in them like it should have been. The world around her was turning to normal for no ounce of power have returned to her after the day where she gave up her magic to help save Joe.

It felt terrible and her face shown agony, but only for a moment before a smile returned to her lips, mostly for Joe's sake.

He didn't need to know her magical powers have not returned to her and that there was a big chance they never would.

She squeezed his shoulders and bent her head to kiss his cheeks, "You are, sir, full of surprises", she said before slowly kissing his lips, "How do you feel.... Maybe if I'll know more I could realize what those changes you are passing through are".

V
02-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Joe felt the pressure in his shoulders ease from the touch of her hands, he lent into her kiss onto his cheeks and felt her lips linger there after they'd left. Smiling at her words, he turned so their lips could touch. Once they had left he longed for their touch again.

"I'm sure you have some surprises of your own waiting, Jo," he smiled and then he turned and stepped out from behind the piano.

Looking over toward the bar, he saw that their meals waiting steam gently raising from their plates. "I'd like to try and explain it, you would know so much more about this stuff."

"But, we should eat," Joe said, "we have a bit of time to work out how we are going to get on that train too."

Kris
02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Smiling, Jo seemed delighted of both the food and Joe's new air about him, which seemed fresh and alive.

She was busy with the meal and acted like she hadn't eaten properly in a long while... Which wasn't that far off from the truth.

While biting the last bites she looked up to Joe and said, "I think much danger await for us ahead", she raised the cup beside her and drank the water slowly from it, whipping up her lips dry she added, "Are we fully ready for it? do you have enough bullets?"

V
03-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Joe nodded at her words - he felt it too. Nothing magical, just a feeling in his stomach that there was a lot of trouble ahead on this quest. But if they worked together they would make it through it all, he hoped.

"Yeah, this might be the last time I have a chance to stock up on them, I'll find a gunsmith once we've finished here." His bullet supply for the 2 revolvers was running low and if they got into more gunfights they could run out quickly.

"I've been thinking that we might not need our horses anymore, if we are going on the train." He said, "maybe you could find a new home for them here?"

Kris
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
"Sounds good to me... I'll go ahead and sell them and pack our belongings too... You try and find some weaponry supplies for me too... amm... I mean-", her eyes widen, the last thing he needed to do is suspect that something is wrong with her, "I just want something to be sure, you know? Maybe a small dagger or a knife for me, you know... one can never be too careful..."

She smiled softly, "We'll meet up again here in one time hour, please take care of yourself, okay?"

Packing was the easiest quest and after she was done, she left their bags in their room as she lead the horses by their reins. Many offered much for the fine horses, but something about the buyers just didn't seem like she wanted to entrust the horses to them. They seemed evil men to her that would abuse the beasts...

Sure, after being kicked with a hoof by one of them (the pain was still hurting, mind you), she should have wanted nothing more than to have her pay back, but she never truly wanted this for anyone else, not even animals.

She reached for a small hut where an elderly man was tending to his chickens. He was poor too and didn't offer much for 2 fine horses, but something about him... was just too honest to pass.

Taking the money she handed to him the horses and he promised to take good care of them. Before leaving, however, he handed to her a letter that he required of her to give to his son after he heard she would take the train for the next town, knowing his son was living there.

She smiled and shoved the letter into her dress's pocket and departed from the old man who waved goodbye at her with a smile.

She soon was once again by the Inn. More than a hour passed by the time she has returned and she hoped Joe wouldn't be too worried for her.

V
03-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Joe rolled his eyes as she mumbled out something about weapons in an awkward voice. "Yes," he replied in a blank voice, "I remember the last time you tried to shoot something too."

She smiled softly, "We'll meet up again here in one time hour, please take care of yourself, okay?"

"You too, even though I'm sure you'll be able to handle anything that comes your way." Joe grinned.

~~

A few questions lead the cowboy to the best weapon smith in town, the place didn't look like much on the outside - if anything a little scrappy. But he shrugged, best to trust the locals sometimes. As soon as he entered his views changed. The store was swept clean and the gun racks held polished and loved weaponry. Joe walked about inspecting items as the owner talked to a couple of guys for a few minutes.

Once they were done he set his revolvers down and they haggled over the prices of ammunition for awhile. He paid for a few boxes and hid them away on himself before asking about Joanne's idea.

The man placed a few daggers down for Joe's careful eye to look upon. Quickly he decided upon a short sharp looking one with a red gem on the end of its handle. Seemed like something she would like.

When Joe was turning to leave he spotted a small pistol hidden away behind a cabinet, he didn't have much money left but it seemed like a good idea to him. Maybe he could teach Joanne how to aim properly.

Once he was satisfied with his choices Joe headed back to the place they stayed the night at.

Kris
03-02-2012, 10:45 AM
"Joe!", she waved at his direction as she moved closer, "Got anything for me?!", she smiled but didn't let him answer before she climbed to their room and got their bags downstairs, once they were on her back she lead them over to the train station telling him about the story of the old man.

"So apparently he has a son there, and he seems like a nice fellow, so we could drop the letter over there, no?"

Soon after the train made a stop at the station.

http://www.jigsawgallery.com/prodpics/FX78455.jpg

V
03-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Joe smiled but she was gone before he could reply. Then they were walking to the station and he was listening intently to her talk about selling their horses. "Of course we can, we have the letter so we might as well deliver it. It would be good to help someone out like that for once."

They watched the great red train pull into the station, smoke coming heavy out the engine rooms and the whistle screeching. A great many people had gathered while they had waited at the station. Some wishing to board the train like them and others simply there to pick up someone they knew. A few minutes after the train completely stopped the passengers exited the carriages onto the station and began to meet up with others. It was an expensive looking train and the people that exited were high dressed.

Joe and Jo sat on a bench watching it all. They had a little time still before the train would depart once more. It probably needed to restock some supplies or maybe even change some of the crew around.

"I'll give you some gifts later," Joe smiled. It might be better if he didn't hand over the weapons on the busy station. Someone could think they were bandits or something.

"Hmmm, do you think we have enough money...." He said slowly and quietly so no one would overhear what he said next, "or do we need to ...erm.... sneak aboard?"

Kris
03-02-2012, 02:24 PM
While sitting next to him, she seemed rather calm about his suggestion, "I've considered it myself... The train tickets are expansive and what I got for the horses won't cover food for the rest of our trip... Better be ready you know...".

She looked around, "They are filling the truck now with all the passengers big belongings ... We could sneak inside there and hide for the rest of the trip. But it's going to be 2 days drive... You think we can hide there that long without being discovered?"

V
03-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Joe figured Joanne had done similar things before, she didn't seem to worried about the whole idea. He guessed being a magic user sometimes made people suspicious of her. Best to take the most out of sight way, or something like that. Even if it meant not paying. Maybe she enjoyed the thrill of sneaking about like that, not getting caught? Joe didn't ask.

Joe nodded at what she was saying, "it's going to be really cramped in there with both of us. And if they find us in there when we arrive things might not go down so well for us. But I can't see a better option. 2 days locked up with you sounds .... pleasant."

"Once the train is going they won't check the luggage carriages much I wouldn't think."

Kris
03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
She grinned, "And if they check... let's just say it will be an enjoyable sight".

They found themselves moving inside the luggage wagon. They were stuffed inside, but aside of the smell it was alright. It was hard to move inside with all the things they used to cover themselves like boxes and cloths, but it was warm and that all that matter, because come nightfall the cold was able to pierce harshly into the train.

They had bottles of water with them and some bread to eat, but used the time mainly to sleep.

It was a sudden stop that awakened them and Joe was the first to pick up the sound of gunshots....

V
03-02-2012, 03:31 PM
They were crammed together, holding each other as they slept. Or had been asleep. Whatever.

Joe growled trying to untangle himself for her and the luggage and whatever else. "This..." He muttered trying to find his boots that were nearby. "Doesn't..." he pulled on his shirt. "Sound...." he help her up from their floor space, "... Good."

Gunshots during the night? (well if it was night.)

"Apparently we may have work to do..."

Granted last time he pulled Joanne into one of these things they had both nearly died, several times. Had an entire town turn after them. And fought against the undead Jonathan. Oh and technically he had died. Sort of.

So it might be best if they didn't get involved. To hell with that idea.

Joe began to walk for the side store to the storage carriage.

Kris
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Jo followed next by him, "Joe, any weapon you have, now would be the time to give me...", she smiled, "You said you have a prize for me".

She knew perfectly well they were going to get into it, one way or another. It was better be ready.

They stepped outside in careful silence as they tried to see what was attacking them. Turned out it was night indeed because it was dark outside.

V
03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
"Surprised you didn't strip me of them." Joe joked to her.

He produced the small pistol and the dagger for her, "shouldn't hurt too much if you hit me with that one," he added to her once they were in her hands. Well, he hoped not. And there would be serious questions as to why she was aiming at him too.

"This is getting better..." he grumbled. He should have know better seeing as they had not been moving. They had still been stopped for the night. Joe looked over toward the East. Didn't look like it would be sunrise for another couple of hours yet.

"Come on," he said to Joanne leading her up toward to passenger cars of the train. The gun shots had come from that direction.

Kris
03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
With the small dagger in her hands and a smile from his lame joke upon her lips she followed suit as they move along the large train, following all the way until they saw something outside the windows.

The gunshots came from outside and from inside the train, people were shooting one another, it looked like someone wanted to rub the train and the people inside where defending it (or hiding from fear).

But why would someone wants to attack the train?

!!!

Unless something or someone important were inside...

V
03-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Joe kept himself flat beside the length of the train and crouched low as the pair crept along toward the gunfight. He kept himself in front of Jo incase the pair was targeted. Up ahead the fun fight was going along wildly. Joe heard some shouts and screams, even some horses somewhere in the darkness. The flashes of light shone there way forward and a few lanterns were on the side of the train.

Joe hid behind a boulder as they got close and peered about, there were rifles pointing out from within one carriage. From the look they seemed high powered, a lot more that what was commonly available. And so many just in the one carriage? Something was definitely up in there.

They looked to be protecting the train from both sides, meaning their attackers were well coordinated. They must know what they were after.

Suddenly Joe heard a rustle noised and turned quick, he drew his weapon and fired a moment later. His shot took the unprepared man off his feet and the guy didn't rise back up.

"Wonder what they are after in that carriage," he whispered, his eyes darting about in the darkness in case others were coming about in the darkness.

Kris
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Jo panted, "I want to find out as well...", she looked ahead carefully, realizing they may shoot again at any given moment, "But I'm blind as a bat at this darkness..."

She bite her lips. They could light up a match or something but the ones to shoot at them would be aware, "How do we approach from here?"

She moved closer to Joe, "And for which direction?!"

V
03-12-2012, 05:13 AM
"If we try to run for the carriage we'll probably be shot," Joe pointed out, probably wasn't the best option anyway. The guys on the train would think them more bandits and the guys outside would think they were helping protect the train. Even if they did get on, no one knew they had boarded the train in the first place so they would be suspicious.

"I think we need to get a distraction or something, draw a few of the gunman away. If we could do that, the guys inside might be better protected." Joe thought out loud. They didn't have too many options.

"Maybe we could sneak around until we reach the front of the train. We could try to get it moving once more."

"That won't help for light, any thoughts?"

Kris
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
"Let's just sneak downward... we might think of more ideas once we scatter around...", she bit her lips. She was still not willing to tell him that she had lost her magical abilities just yet.

"I'll go first!", she grabbed his hand, "And don't worry, I'll be fine!".

She slipped downward in such silence and she even removed her shoes just to make sure no sounds will be caused by her torn boots with any clicking voices of their small heels.

She made her way in the darkness until she heard weak noises of water. Reaching her hands by the edge of the place she ended up with she realized they weren't far from the sea. Narrowing her eyes after getting used to the darkness she saw that the rest of the train's rails passed right into the bridge that passed right above the water.

http://summerseat.ourwardfamily.com/summerseat_gallery/Train_going_over_bridge_at_Summerseat.jpg

"Hmmm....".

She slowly went back up and grabbed Joe's shoulder, "Listen... We gotta move the train...", she smiled while putting back her boots, "and we need to make sure they follow it. The train's going right over a bridge. Suppose we make them not cross it well, they will fall right into the water while the train moves on. They only have horses, few hits and they can be knocked off....".

V
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Joe held their position as she explored ahead. The two groups were intent on their gunfight and none more explored his way yet. He was surprised when someone touched his shoulder, he turned sharply but it was only Joanne. He smiled relieved. She explained what she saw.

If they got the train started, they could escape over the bridge ahead. Joe nodded, sounded easy enough. But they needed a way to get to the front of the train quickly, they could keep hiding forever.

"We're gonna need to sneak about again, I think. But quickly," Joe replied, "best ready your weapons if we do, I think we won't be as lucky this time." He already had his two guns drawn and ready peering out into the dark night.

"Unless you have a better idea?"

Kris
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
"No, I don't!".

She stormed in ahead, the ricochet of the bullets singing behind her along with the heavy steps of Joe.

As much as they tried to be sneaky about it, they did encountered some men in the way, but since it was dark it was easy to dismiss them with the hilt of the dagger or simply quick gun shoot.

They reached the engine of the train with much difficulties and they heard people coming after them.

The driver was dead.

Looking at all the levers and strings Jo looked puzzled as hell, "How do we make this thing move?!"

http://train-photos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/4921.jpg

V
03-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Joe was crouched over the body of the driver, he'd found several bullet holes in the man's uniform and the man was quite cold already. He left him face down in the dirt and climbed up into the control carriage with Joanne. In the corner of his eyes he saw the men following aim and fire.

Diving inside he almost fell into Joanne, but fell into a crouch and dragged her down beside him. He eyed the open door with his gun ready. One of the men outside called a warning to them. "Never been too fond of trains, prefer horses, all these controls confuse me too." He said barely even glancing upon them.

"At least these men haven't sabotaged it," Joe grunted, quickly he scurried over to the opposite side of the room. Hesitantly he creaked the other door open, pushing it out into the night. He expected an explosion of gunshots but none came. Joe peered out, it seemed clear of the men.

He hurried back over to the other side and checked up on the gunmen. None were in open sight now, but Joe could see some glancing out from behind boulders and trees. It seemed that night was beginning to turn to morning as everything was lighter now.

"Alright, you could try playing with the controls to get the thing moving but I was thinking that for such a long journey that the train has to take, there would be more than one person onboard who could drive the train. Perhaps they would do other things onboard as well, I don't know. But they could be onboard in case the driver had fallen sick or..."

"I'd say a person like that would be close, in one of the carriages right at the front. If you slipped out the other side," Joe pointed to the second door he'd opened, "and creep about, perhaps you could find them?"

"While I protect the controls from our gunmen, so we can make a clean getaway..."

Kris
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
"Aye, aye, Captain", Jo saluted in a playful manner as she slowly withdraw from the cabin, looking back and forth around her. Although blind in the darkness, her senses seem to grew, for she could hear better.

Still, her hand rested on the hilt of her small dagger as she bitten her lips. She was hoping to have her magic back rather than to resolve to cutting someone, but it was of no use.

Carefully stepping outside she pushed her back against the train as she slowly crept into one of the back rows.

"Who... who goes there?!", came a frightening voice and Jo flinched, lifting her dagger before her.

"Who are you?!", she asked trembling, although her voice was still proud and confident as ever.

"I am the train driver... Well... more like a trainee. The master told me to wait here and escape, but with all the havoc outside, I was barely able to flee here".

"We need your help", Jo said, "There are people on the train, and the only way to rescue whoever we can from these bandits is to get this train moving"

"Heavens.... Dear woman, I fear I cannot do as you request me to... I'm terrified m'lady".

"Would you have liked to be the reasons for more deaths?"

There was a big pause before more gun shots came from behind her.

"Joe!", she looked at him and pulled him by the arm, not caring if he was okay with it or not. All she cared about was coming back and making sure Joe was all right.

V
05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
"Argh," Joe cried as the glass windscreen shattered, sending fragments of the cracked glass all over the cabin. He ducked low as more of the gunshots sounded, followed by the sounds of the steel train carriages being filled with more holes.

Angrily he fired back, wild shots that probably hit no one. There was no cries in the night to say if anyone was wounded. There was a sudden silence, they all seemed to be waiting for him to spy around once more.

Jo wasn't gone long, tugging a young man along. He didn't look like much and was quite awkward, he cried out objections and panicked in Joanne's grip. Joe reached down and pulled the protesting lad into upward before nudging him to the controls.

Outside a new barrage of gunfire came smashing into the engine room. The young man yelped and ducked low. Joe lifted him back up to the controls and placed himself in-between the gunman. "Get this train moving!"

He took aim out the broken window and began firing.

Kris
05-14-2012, 03:52 PM
"Ye..s... sir... r-right away!", the man was already pulling the ladders and some buttons, but no visible movement was seen.

"What are you doing?! get this bloody thing to work!", Jo cried.

"I'm trying ma'am, I really do!"

"Try harder!".

He looked puzzled and confused as he tried to see if anything would respond.

As the sound of bullets and screams outside increased Jo grew more impatient. She started to kick the machine, which brutally explodeג, sending the poor woman some distance backward.

"Grrr!", she got up again, this time rage in her eyes as she grabbed the machine tightly and kicked some more, "WORK!", she screamed.

There was a loud whistle of steam coming out and the train started to move...

V
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Joe was knocked from his feet by the sudden movement of the train. But he quickly got back up and fired out the window once more. The attackers chased until the river, but their horses wouldn't follow further. Other passengers helped to repel any of the bandits who tried to climb aboard the moving train.

He kept an eye out as the train driver's assistant began to be absorbed in the work of driving the train. Without the gunfire around he seemed a little calmer. By midmorning the battles and gun shots had long since stopped. Joe looked out the window but hadn't managed to spy any horses following them. He relaxed a little.

"Seems like the longer I'm around you Jo, the more gunfights I get into," he commented leaning up against a wall.

The struggles for the mysterious cabin had stopped, Joe was curious and a little frustrated as to whatever was in there. It was time to get some answers, he gestured toward the walkway leading back along the train, "c'mon, let's go see what the cause of all this trouble was..."

Kris
07-10-2012, 08:31 PM
And they slowly and carefully walked back, the shuddering assistant driver followed their trail as well.

Since no gun was heard in the distance the two figured their plan has worked out.

It was dark and rather suffocating as they backtrack their steps deeper and deeper inside. They heard whistles as the train finally come to a full stop.

Jo walked behind Joe, who seemed to be on his guard, both of his hands holding his pistols as he listened carefully. Jo herself was holding the dagger Joe got her.

Deep inside, after passing some cabins they found what was all the mess about; Sitting cornered, squinted at one of the sits was a badly shaped guy, holding onto some box as if he was holding for dear life.

It was easy to see he was terrified of them. Jo scanned him and although it was rather gloomy it was easy to see that his hands had white powder on them along with trails that lingered all the way down to the carpet.

"Great", Jo shook her head in disbelieve, "a drug dealer".

"H-how-", tried the driver to ask, "How the hell he got inside, we are strict and a very secured system trains".

"He probably made a deal with someone", clicking her fingers she saw sparkles of energy in between them. Not enough to actually cast something, but enough to threaten the guy.

"You owe us a story mister", she twisted her lips in disgust, "For real...".

Seeing the magic bursting in between her fingers the assistant driver flinched but the other guy seemed to be in far most terror. He dropped to his knees, nearly tossing the entire capacity of said box to the floor.

"PLEASE!", he begged as he lowered his head and shivered, "DON'T HURT ME!".

Jo looked at Joe; there was no real need for further words now.

"The only way he could have known something about magic was if... in fact.... he come into contact with a mage.... which I find unlikely... unless.... I guess it's our two guys we're after...".

Turning to the man Jo bent down, "So... they allowed you to hide this box and load it into the train and in return you got them a safe passage to move for the next town... but they tricked you, huh? sending this assassins after you and this gold digger box of powder, huh?"

The man nodded.

"What do we do now, Joe?", Jo asked.

V
07-15-2012, 10:21 AM
"H-how-", tried the driver to ask, "How the hell he got inside, we are strict and a very secured system trains".

Joe was frowning at the young driver, thinking upon how he and Joanne had been stowaways. He didn't mention that though, keeping it as a quiet joke for himself. Wouldn't help the nervous man's confidence any.

The box keeper had a strange story to tell to them, afraid of the magic at his partner's fingers jumping to inform them. The white powder was strange, spilt onto the mans hands and floor, whether it were drugs or something more sinister Joe weren't sure. He took the box from the man's hands, closing it tight being careful to keep the powder from touching his skin. Joe put it under his arm.

"Think we need to protect these people, Jo," he said after a think, "leave the train, here and let these people drive away."

"Wait for the two we are looking for, on the tracks. If they want this powder they'll come themselves now, do the job themselves. I don't know why they would try to regain it now out in the middle of no where."

"Maybe we can offer the box for your amulet."

Kris
09-08-2012, 05:46 PM
"Why would they need some powder for durgs, Joe?", Jo shock her head in disbelieve, but followed suit.

To her amazement, the two they have been hunting for so long indeed were standing before them. A man and a woman, the two warlocks that held her amulet.

"You!", she said with anger.

"I can sense you have the powder", said the woman with hissing voice, "Let us have it".

"Why would we do that?", Jo narrowed her eyes, "Beside you are now holding the most powerful item in the world, what do you need this pile of drugs for... and come to think of it, why so many were hunting the train for it?"

V
09-23-2012, 08:15 AM
"We'll find out soon.." replied Joe, unsure of why they would require it. It worried him that she didn't know -wasn't she the magic lady here.

The train rolled away, leaving behind Joe and Jo. Daylight came quick to them and their shadows were long. The warlocks weren't far behind. A cloud of dust announced the approach of the warlocks, their mounts urged onward at a frantic pace. Joe had his guns prepared, fingers each on triggers.

Both warlocks approached on foot; Joe could feel their dark powers as they closed in.

Jo was her usual blunt self. Seemed like her only way, seeing as she couldn't seduce them.

The warlocks were strait into business as well. Replying to Jo with, "those fools were mere pawns."

That left Joe, to calm things down.

"Alright," Joe said. Taking a step to the side, revealing the metal box of powder. "Give us the amulet. And we'll leave this here for you."

"Let's just dispose of them," hissed the male warlock. Keeping their plans hidden, except, "perhaps their bones will help with the summoning."

Suddenly, Joe felt his stomach turn as the warlock began to summon power.

"Jo!" He cried out, firing both his pistols at their enemies...

Kris
09-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Summoning magic between her fingers, she shoot an angery gaze at the male Warlock and reached with a wind wind spell's attack that got him disturbed and confused, allowing Joe to hit some bullets in his body.

The changes upon Joe's face reminded her of the events previous to it, when he was touched by the skeleton man.

"What summoning?", Jo screamed over the wind, wondering if there was any connection here or not. The wind stopped, however, the moment an arrow hit her and she fell down, grabbing her wounded bleeding shoulder and looking up at the female warlock, aiming another arrow in her bow to hit her.

Jo dodged just in time as the arrow landed few inches away from her, crawling to the side and taking the woman away from there, letting Joe handle one foe, "Give me my damn amulet!", she hissed, as she tried to gather more power, all the while quickly gazing at Joe to see if everything was well on his side.

V
09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Joe shoved one of his pistols in its holster; his finger firing into the disorientated warlock still. He reached down and took hold of the metal box. The wind stopped and the warlock looked at Joe, a spell on his lips but halting at the sight of the powder.

"Give it to me..."

Within Joe's hand, the box began to tug toward the warlock. Dark energy spiraled around outstretched fingers. Joe fired into the hand several times, but it didn't stop him.

With effort he tried to pull against the magic, get the box away.

Kris
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
With a trick of a last effort Jo was able to pull the woman after her, all the while gazing at the two men fighting, but luckily for her, the woman herself seemed more busy about Jo than about anything else.

Arrows continued to be shot onward, one after another, which both hit Jo in her left thigh and the back of the right hand. Jo cursed as she pulled the two arrows, the third one still stuck in her shoulder as blood continue to pour.

She was weak, but an idea popped into her mind. She start to run, summoning wind and shadowy magic to trick the archer. She was lucky for the woman did as she hoped to. Jo ducked at the last moment, making the archer hit the left eye of the warlock who was too distracted by Joe.

He bent to his knees, his magic letting go of the box as blood poured from his eyes and screams of pain escaping his lips.

V
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM
The disrupting forced Joe back a step, his hand stopped pulling against the power and he yanked it backward. The already weakened latch broke in the sudden jerk, the powder sprayed into the air over the two men. The warlock wailed as the powder clouded the pair in dust.

Suddenly he was gripping Joe's shirt, screaming about how the plan was now ruined. Magic was forgotten by him, using a surprising amount of muscle to beat Joe with his fists. The gunslinger forced himself free by cracking his gun onto the forearm of the warlock man. Retaliating, the warlock knocked the weapon from his hand, flying in the air away from the powder cloud. It fired from the impact but neither men were shot.

Joe swung the empty metal box around, breaking it against the head of his enemy. He smashed it there three times, before stumbling away coughing. Suddenly out of breath, he staggered free of the cloud before falling to his. Joe reached for his remaining gun, steadying himself.

He fired at the woman with the bow.

And then, he felt something gather in the cloud. It seemed to grow darker within it with strange shadows forming.

Kris
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Jo watched as the shadow reached out orbs of dark light, absorbing the two Warlocks into it as the powder was still visible in the air.

"Now I know why they say, 'don't do drugs'", she said with a swift chuckle as she watched the dark cloud absorbing much more of power into it.

"NOT ENOUGH!", the shadow roared, "NOT ENOUGH!"

At the corner of her eyes she saw her medallion thrown some distance away, beside the remaining of the two evil wizards, which all was left of them was their cloths.

The moments her fingers touched the necklace the shadow turned a bit weaker.

"CURSE YOU CHILD OF ARCADIA!".

Jo frowned, not knowing how the hell did he know her clan's name. However she felt his presence going weaker.

Picking up the necklace and putting it around her neck she watched as the shadow disappear completely.

"MUST OBEY THE WILL OF ARCADIA. UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN WITCH!".

Her blue eyes scanned around her, feeling the weight of the medallion and her own power increasing. She had no idea what was going on, but thought that her bloodline must have been some kind of seal against that demonic force who had yet been able to morph itself fully.

She hissed as she pulled the last arrow from her body, still not understanding the whole connection between the medallion, Joe, this demon, the powder and those two warlocks...

But for now she thought it was okay...

Her medallion was with her again, and they were safe... At last for now...

Kneeling beside Joe she brushed off hairs from his face as she smiled, "Are you all right cowboy?"

V
09-28-2012, 03:34 PM
"Was nearly in that..." Joe muttered to himself, watching as the demon power absorbed the warlocks into the powder. With the amulet regained he felt it fade away. He was glad it was gone.

"Better then you, Arcadian Witch," he replied, "just some bruises over here. You took all those arrows."

He tugged her down to sit beside him, "now, unless you tell me that because of some strange magical thing that you can heal quickly. We need to get those bandaged up."

"Can't have you bleed out and die on me now, Jo," he said with a smile. "Not with all the adventures you've yet to drag me on."

Kris
09-28-2012, 04:06 PM
“indeed”, Said Jo as she chuckled softly.

And the many more adventures yet to come that I plan to drag you on to. She whispered to herself without Joe to realize her plan.

EPILOGUE

“So... looks like we need to chase two warlocks yet again”, Jo chuckled softly as they waited by the train station, “Can’t believe someone stole my medallion again... funny fate, huh?”

Well, this wasn’t how Joe wanted to start the day. Joe rubbed his tired eyes, his shoulders slumped downward, he muttered, “let’s hope I don’t almost die this time.”

Louder he added, “do you just dangle it out the window of our rooms, or something? You need to improve on your ability to protect this amulet.”

“And lose all the fun of dragging you around the place to search for it?”, she winked, “Now why would I do that?”.

“Oh I’m out of bullets...”.

They both laughed.

So it looks like that once again their adventure has began anew, and who knows what else the future has in store for them.

But one thing for sure, there was just going to be more epicness in the Wild Wild Western.

END.