PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Darkness Allaince

StormWolf
02-21-2012, 06:09 AM
The world has gotten noticeably more angsty as of late. The tensions between nations, even between neighbors, is thick enough to be cut with a knife. Ever since Superman and Dr. Manhattan flew out in to the void to try and fight whatever it was that is coming and never returned, there have been a lot more "The end is nigh" sign toters marching up and down Times Square. It happened in the Red Scare era, it happened near the turn of the millennium, and it is happening now. People are idiots. Slaves to fear. Fear is a powerful thing, and can be one hell of a tool when properly utilized.

~ Punisher War Journal

Now, for anyone who has read the Daily Bugle, Daily Planet, or watched any major news outlet on the tube or on the web have surely heard of Frank Castle - a sociopathic vigilante responsible for over two hundred murders, all of which were plagues on society. Castle is not known for bright outlooks on the world and cannot have all of his views on the world taken to heart. With such a reputation, it was without a doubt a shock to the public to hear that in response to the approaching 'Darkness' threat and the massing Darkness supporters, Frank Castle was put in charge of the crack team called the Anti-Darkness Alliance.

Under the tight leash of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, or S.H.I.E.L.D., is Frank Castle a.k.a. The Punisher and the heroes that joined the cause of destroying the Darkness. These heroes fight the good fight, fighting on the behalf of the betterment of mankind, for the pursuit of keepings things the way they should be. While everyone might not agree with how Castle does things, he was chosen because no matter how many shades of gray show up, The Punisher is known for being purely a black and white individual. He will do what is right, even if he has to do a whole lot of wrong to get there.

What choices will you make? Will you save every soul you can, even those who don't deserve it? Or will you do what needs to be done, even if you need to tear down the world around you to make sure that world lives to see another day? Not only against HYDRA and the forces of the Pro-Darkness faction, but the turmoil at home as well. Watching the world from an undisclosed location which used to be the Secret Defenders Headquarters, the Anti-Darkness Alliance use generously donated S.H.I.E.L.D. tech to keep tabs on not only the darkness, but the activities of high profile villains and factions all across our endangered blue planet.

Frank Castle was sitting inside the Alliance HeadQuarters, his broad shoulder sloped as he rested his elbows on the grand center table, his fingers knitted together under his chin. In the center of the table was a holographic projector displaying the great blue planet known as Earth. On the fringes of the hologram's projection range was a red-highlighted mass. The Darkness. The cosmic-whatever that spelled doom for the world and already devoured Superman and Dr. Manhattan. The panoramic light created by the hologram cast watery lights on Frank Castle's face, giving the grim man an even grimmer visage as his eyes looked like pits in to the black abyss. The HQ had already been "Punisher-ized" with evidence webs and weapon racks covering many of the walls, wherever mainframes or screes or other Stark, Queen, or Wayne tech was not. Frank was a shooter, not a scientist. He knew his way well enough around a computer, but he was by no means reliant on it.

There was a subtle ringing of an alarm and Castle spun around un his chair, his hand resting on the grip of one of the many guns he wore on his person. One of the jumbo Wayne brand screens read "Sensor alarm Sector Alpha-1" and right below it read "Technical error Sector Beta-3". Punisher's icy blue eyes narrowed and pressed one of the keys on his chair, checking the perimeter alert. The screen flickered and switched to the designated camera, showing Sentry brooding in a dark corner. Sentry was always a little 'out there', but he was a no-nonsense individual who could evaporate someone by blinking at them. Frank was not one to be scared easily, but Sentry was one individual Punisher would not be crossing unless he truly needed to be dealt with. Moving on to the second alert, Frank pressed another key, making the camera flicker again to the sector in question. The camera settled on Hope Pezzini as she played with her teddy bear on top of one of the mainframes in Server Room B.

One might quirk a brow and maybe make a hushed joke about why Punisher had a six year old girl in his secret base, but that individual would find themselves promptly dealt with in a very cruel and brutal manner after Hope's bedtime. Frank's relationship with Hope was strictly off-limits to pretty much anyone unless they talked to her about it. However, even Daredevil could see that Frank watched Hope like a hawk and cared for her like a father.

"Hope," Frank spoke in to the microphone built in to the chair. Hope's pig-tailed head looked up at the camera,

"Yeah Frankie?" she smiled up at the camera and held her bear tight.

"Get off of the mainframe, please. Come to the main room and make yourself some food." Frank said, withholding the usual gruff and cold nature of his voice.

"But all we have is your yucky MRE thingies," she complained.

"I got some animal crackers for you when I was out earlier." That was all he needed to say as the pitter-patter of mini converse shoes on concrete drew closer and closer. She zoomed past Frank holding her bear in her hands, a red handkerchief wrapped around the bear's neck like a cape, making 'whoosh' noises, completely oblivious to the weapons and wanted lists. She was the princess here and this was her castle. Grabbing the cookies off of her shelf, she sat one a stool, he feet a good foot and a half from the floor, munching on her snack as she just watched Frank with her large eyes.

SikstaSlathalin
02-21-2012, 06:41 AM
The Darkness a force that's been devouring the Universe since it's creation otherwise known as Dark Matter. Unknown to even the most gifted scientists both of normal man and gifted man. Dr. Manhattan was one but he's gone now, there are more but they're just as lost as their counterparts. Sentry, the Golden Avatar of Justice and one of the most powerful beings on the planet knows this Darkness better then most. He's seen it in action and he knows what it does to everything in it's path. More dangerous then Galactus and 1000 times harder to defeat even Sentry was lost in that aspect he had no clue how to go about keeping this destructive monster from his planet.

This was a matter for the Cosmics not of mortal man but sitting idly by waiting for them wasn't the giant's style, action would be needed and Sentry knew the man to go to about action, Frank Castle A.K.A. The Punisher the scourge of the criminal underworld and the one every crook has nightmare about when they sleep. Following some leads he had and more than a few less then golden deals, he found the base of operations for the Anti-Darkness Alliance the heroes and maybe villains that didn't want to see the world swallowed by the Darkness. Landing by what he guessed was the door he hunkered down in the shadows waiting for others to join the Alliance.

Nightrel
02-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Elena looked down at the small piece of paper in her clawed hands before looking back up at the supposed S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters. She wasn't quite sure if this was the correct location...or yet, why she was even here. Everything was going just fine for her back in Seattle..but that's the problem. There hasn't been any major criminal or mutant activity in months. Then suddenly this 'darkness' shows up. Something big was defiantly going on. Soon after, Elena had started hearing rumors of superheroes, or just hero's, forming an alliance to go up against this thing or something like that. Besides that fact, she had no idea what was going on. She really wasn't part of that all superhero networking thing. Heck, she was lucky enough to scrounge up this location.

Sighing, she walked up to the door and hesitated. Yes she was a superhero...she guessed, but she hadn't faced any major enemies or threats in her career so far. What made her think she was ready for this? She hadn't even met any of the other superheros. They were going to see her as a newbie and un-experianced..in which some cases she was. "Gah, come on. Your Nightbolt, never feared anything before." she told herself, trying to at least knock. No, maybe it will be too much for me. Elena spun around, her back against the door as she searched through the night, contemplating.

RisingPhoenix
02-23-2012, 09:22 AM
The wind current wrapped around Ororo and lifted her into the air allowing her flight as she proceeded to head towards the Anti-Darkness Headquarters. The only reason she was going to assist was to save billions of lives, and to help keep her country safe. She was a Queen after all, and a queen had her duties to her country. Storm aka Ororo, rushed through the skies at a jet like pace, breaking the sound barrier more than once as she passed by monuments on her way. Ororo had received a notice only a day or so ago about a collection of heroes gathering together in an attempt to stop the darkness. There was no question as to why she was doing this, but the even present issue as to if she would survive plagued the mind of her husband and he had begged her not to go.

“Stay with our people my love, while I go put an end to the threat that so wishes to test Mother Nature.”

Those words ringed in her mind as she closed in on the headquarters. She could remember Black Panther’s look of horror, but remember his look of assurance as he agreed to let her go. She had promised him that she’d return both in this life or the next and with those words she had kissed him on the forehead and left. Now nearing the building, Ororo slowly descended to the ground, her heels making a clicking sound upon impact with the pavement.

“It has been a while since I’ve been to England,” she stated with a wry smile as she proceed to walk towards the door of the Anti-Darkness headquarters.

She didn’t know what to expect, but she was ready for anything. She was an X-Men after all and she had fought so many things in her lifetime that this threat was one she would do all in her power to stop. As she neared the door that led into the headquarters, she noticed a girl seemingly contemplating something. Ororo sighed and approached the girl.

“It is better to knock upon a door for entry, than to lean against it, lest one should fall.”

She reached up and knocked loudly on the door, and took a step back to await an answer.

“My name is Ororo, but most call me Storm, and you are?” Ororo asked as she smiled and held out a beautiful mocha colored hand.

Nightrel
02-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Elena looked up, hearing soft clicks on the pavement. An african women was walking towards her, seeming to sigh as she saw her blocking the door. "It is better to knock upon a door for entry, then to lean against, lest one should fall" she spoke. Elena moved out of the way, still registering the arrivel of other. The women knocked on the door loudly and stepped back, turning towards her. "My name is Ororo, but most call me Storm, and you are?" She asked, smiling and holding out a hand.

"Uhhh...Nightbolt." Elena timidly shook her hand, careful as to not cut her with her claws. Her real name stays secret. She didnt exactly know what she was getting herself into, so it was better to be safe then sorry, just in case.

Ororo had just arrived right at the momment when Elena decided to leave. Now, for some unknown reason, she was going to stay....well actually, it was probably because she was curious about what it was like inside. So Elena waited patiently along with the women, quitely. At this point, to everyone else, she was going to be a little withdrawn. It was mostly because, even though Ororo seemed nice enough, she was still kind of intimidating. Which tells her that the others will most likely be also.

Ace of Hearts™
02-23-2012, 06:28 PM
"Dank you gentlemen kinely," Gambit said, raking in bills of various worth with both hands. "But if you would excuse me, Ah got somewhere to be." He was in a small backroom at a local bar, in which an illegal gambling ring was run out of. He'd only won a small amount from the thugs, a few hundred dollars. Any other hero would've beat them to a pulp or slung them up in a webbing. But Gambit figured losing all the cash is equal to some teeth. Maybe even worse. Ever since the word of the Darkness came about, most of the X-Men had been in and out of the X-Mansion, mostly out. Even ol' Prof. Xavier had been hooked to Cerebro night and day, seeking out potential mutant allies before and anyone gunning for the darkness could. He hadn't seen many of his friends in months, 'working' on his own. This hadn't stopped S.H.I.E.L.D from contacting him, however, and possibly the rest of the X-Men.

He really didn't know who to expect. The lines dividing heroes and villains was now rather zig zaged. He could come across Mystique or Magneto, he could end up fighting Spider-Man or The Hulk. And Gambit did not want to fight the Hulk. The streets were rather busy, so he decided to take the rooftops. Enhanced agility always had it's advantages. He'd vault himself over the gaps using his staff, land on his feet, rinse, repeat. Finally, he came to the place on directed on the SHIELD pamphlet, and noticed two figures. The one girl he didn't recognize, but the other, well, he knew that flowing white hair and...backside anywhere. He fell to the ground, landing on his feet, duster flowing like a cape.

"Stome? Is dat you? My oh my, ain you a sight for sore eyes." He said, somewhat gleeful he wouldn't feel alone in the days to come.

RisingPhoenix
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Ororo took in the girl’s demeanor and studied her as she spoke her name. She seemed rather new to the whole heroine thing, but something about this particular girl screamed to Ororo. She was more than met the eye, as were most mutants, but there was something that called to Storm. She had to know more about this young girl, for there was something there that seemed familiar. She took a step back and looked up at the building. It was rather interesting how these headquarters were often bigger than necessary, but then again she had lived in an extremely large palace in Wakanda for the past years after her marriage to the Black Panther.

“Pardon me for asking this, but would you mind showing me what power or powers you have? I’d be most gracious,” Storm stated rather softly yet firmly as she smiled at the girl.

She awaited the girl’s response, but then came a voice from behind her.

"Stome? Is dat you? My oh my, ain you a sight for sore eyes."

She recognized that accent anywhere, and quickly turned around to see Gambit standing there. A wide smile crept onto her face as she walked forward and gave him a friendly hug.

“Why if it isn’t the Cajun himself, Remy….I mean Gambit. It has been too long,” she said as she released him from the hug, “alas it does my heart good to see a former X-Men here, it will lift my spirits to know not all is lost.”

She turned around and pointed at Nightbolt.

“This is Nightbolt, she seems to want to put an end to this threat as well. It warms my heart to see such youth willing to help.”

SikstaSlathalin
02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
OOC: Ignore this I'll repost.

StormWolf
02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Proxemity Alert - Section Alpha

The computer spoke in the expected synthetic female voice. S.H.I.E.L.D. was not known for being overly original when it came down to the little things, but Frank wasn't one to complain over such trivial matters. As long as they gave him intel that was good and weapons that worked, he couldn't find much to disagree with... other than insisting on the incarceration of villains. Punisher had his own creed, as violent as it was. Standing up from his chair, Frank turned to face the Alpha sector camera, seeing three people by the door. Two of them he recognized as Gambit and Storm. The third he was unfamiliar with.

"Facial recognition." Frank said sternly to the computer, watching as the camera scanned the three people's faces for tell-tale markers of cosmetic reconstruction, as well as scouring the world database. A few moments passed and the cross-check was done. Gambit and Storm checked out. They were who they were. For the new face, the computer brought up the news article in which she first appeared.

"Nightbolt, huh? Another mutant... Who do they think I am, Xavier?" Castle muttered to himself as he started to make his way to the door.

"You have too much hair for that, Frankie." Hope shouted sweetly. Frank could only shake his head and give a light smirk, "Stay right there, Hope. I'm bringing in some guests." Frank walked briskly down the dimly lit hall, the tails of his trench coat billowing slightly and his combat boots making dull thuds on the concrete floor. The Punisher reached the door and fiddled with the several locking mechanisms and swung the thick steel door open wide. There was a faint light above the Punisher, highlighting the high points on his face, keeping his steely blue eyes in pools of shadow, giving him a death-like visage even without the emblazoned skull on his body armor.

"Get in before you attract any unwanted attention." The Punisher spoke in a gruff and harsh tone, stepping out of the way to let everyone in, his hand touching the metal grip of one of his pistols.

SikstaSlathalin
02-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Sentry was beginning to worry, he hasn't seen a single fellow fighter of the Darkness since he'd been here and he was beginning to feel like a sore thumb even though he was in civilians now and his costume in a bag over his shoulder. But even in torn blue jeans, tan boots, and a dark blue t-shirt he was still a big guy hanging around an alley for no apparent reason. He had to ignore more than a few curious looks so far making it look like he was waiting for a friend to go to the gym with even doing some stretches on the ground getting ready for it. But he couldn't keep that up all day he had to get into the base somehow, first he checked the door over maybe it was just a simple door he could muscle open without getting shot at by turrets mounted in the walls he didn't feel like damaging the base right now the door was a simple door leading building but not the building he was hoping for it was a decoy. He was then looking for underground echoes, weird formations in the ground, odd smells, anything, and after a few seconds he found it. One of the bricks on the far side of the alley looked out of place more red then the dull orange the rest of the wall was.

Walking over he inspected it closely and very faintly he saw the S.H.I.E.L.D symbol in the red grain. He smirked with flashes of National Treasure rushing through his head and pushed the brick in. After a few seconds and a number of odd sounds the brick panel slid back revealing a titanium door inlaid with adamnatium making it quite strong. Once again going back to not wanting to damage the base he mulled over how to get the door open, he came up with nothing that didn't involve breaking things but in the end he didn't have to a small camera eye popped out and scanned him. After a confirmatory beep it went back into it's little hole and the opened to the big man who walked in a big smile plastered across his face.
"Yup that's Shield for ya." He gave a deep laugh and walked down the stair case as the door and panel slid back into place.

Nightrel
02-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Elena wearily watched as Storm greeted and embrace the newcomer. She heard her say Gambit so she was assuming that was his name. "This is Nightbolt, she seems to want to put an end to this threat as well. It warms my heart to see such youth willing to help." Elena heard, as Storm introduced her.

She gave a weak smile and a small wave towards them. "Actually, I haven't got a clue as to whats going on." Elena sighed, "Still kind of new to this whole thing..." Yeah especially in the powers department. She still had her abilities go awry often.

Suddenly the door was swung wide open, a bright light emmitting from the inside. Elena turned her head around to see a man standing in the entrance. His demeanor was cold and deadly, which told her it would be a bad idea to go and piss this guy off. "Get in before you attract any unwanted attention," he spoke harshly, standing aside to let them in. Elena always took notice of the smallest things, and his hand touching the pistol at his side did not escape it. He seemed like the kind of highstrung type of guy but she couldnt blame him. This 'threat' sounded to be a very huge, bad situation.

Looking back at the other two, she gestured towards the door. "Shall we?" she asked. Elena didnt really like the idea of entering first. Especially since that guy was there...even though she knew she would have to eventually pass him...and that they would be working together...but at the moment she was a little afraid of him.

Jacogos
02-26-2012, 05:35 AM
"Holy crap, is the Punisher holding the door open for a lady? Man oh MAN, maybe I have seen everything! That, or I'm goin' crazy..."

The voice, which had been coming from somewhere behind the group now suddenly came from behind the Frank Castle as its owner, none other than Deadpool, AKA Wade Wilson, teleported there with his teleportation device. He was outfitted as usual, his red bodysuit covered in at forty two different pockets for useless and useful items alike. Two swords were crossed in sheathes on his back and guns (mostly pistols) poked out from holsters on both sides of his waist, his leg, his arm, and on his back.

"I'm gonna bet on that last one. Howya doin', big guy? Man are YOU a sight for sore eyeballs!" Deadpool held out a hand, which had a joy buzzer attached to it should Frank decide to actually shake it. (I reeeeeeally doubt it, but hey, ya never know!) Either way, Deadpool teleported away again and appeared leaning on Gambit in a rather relaxed position.

"Dude, its a whole get together! X-men, Punisher, me... Random chick. Hello there. You're new," Deadpool said as he moved to examine Nightbolt. Pausing with his face about three inches from hers, he studied her candidly for about four seconds, then straightened and nodded to himself, hand on his chin as if remembering. "Hmmm... You seem really familiar... Have I hit on you before? Maybe at a bar? Most likely a really DARK bar?"

RisingPhoenix
02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
When the door opened, Ororo smiled at the sight of Frank Castle, or rather the Punisher as he was codenamed. She nodded and was about to enter into the facility when Deadpool arrived on the scene. Storm hadn’t expected to see Deadpool on their team. The mercenary for hire was always jumping around to the highest bidder, but for him to show up on the side of “good” was something Storm still had not gotten used to. There was a lot of teleportation before Deadpool set his conniving sight on poor little Nightbolt. Storm watched the whole ordeal with a look of disgust on her face.

“Deadpool please restrain yourself. There are more impressing matters at hand, now if you please,” Storm stated as she walked towards Frank.

She greeted him with a smile and proceeded into the facility, waiting at the corridor for the others to enter before she walked any further into the alien of a place. Though there was some doubt about the team that had assembled, Storm would make sure to give it her all. She missed her husband already, but her duty to protect her kingdom and the world was something she enjoyed and lived for. She would hopefully make a difference in this tidal wave of a war against the darkness. That still lingering doubt made itself present as Storm began to think on how they would defeat something that defeated the most powerful of the Earth’s heroes. Superman and Dr. Manhattan; both defeated by the darkness. Quickly Storm shook away the doubt and put on a face of courage. She would do her best, that is all that could be given.

CALYPSO
03-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Superman.

She refused to believe that he was gone; but when there was no indication of his arrival, she lost hope of ever seeing her friend again. It saddened her, but she continued fighting crime in New York City as a way of moving on. It was not long before the Anti-Dark Alliance knew of her whereabouts and contacted her. She knew where she had to be now.

Wonder Woman landed in front of the headquarters with ease and proceeded to walk inside. Confirmations of her identity were checked before she went further inside. There were a few “heroes” she recognized, while others were unfamiliar. As she headed into the main facility, she observed everyone and gave a small smile.

Yoruyonaka
03-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Kal-El....that's all Kara Zor-El, A.K.A. Supergirl, could think. How can you be gone? She thought sitting in the Kent Farm House in Smallville. Burrowing her brow she slumped in her chair on the front porch. She sensed the so-called 'Darkness' was too powerful for him. The feeling she had in her stomach was worse than facing the destruction of Krypton.

"I will save you," Kara muttered as tears filled her eyes. "The Earth needs Superman. I know your alive."

She wiped the tears from her crystal blue eyes and stared out at the farm. Corn was going to be ready soon and the cows were herding further on. Everything was pulling at her heartstrings and reminded her of Clark. The dorky cousin and supposed savior of Earth. And he had to get gobbled up by something made of dark matter. Kara blew a strand of blond hair from her face in frustration.

"Kara!!" A woman's voice yelled for Kara inside.

"Coming Martha!" She replied hoping up and floating inside. Yes floating. "Do you need help with something?"

"No dear, but their is a call for you," She replied with a saddened look. "Its from S.H.I.E.L.D. They need your help."

Grabbing the phone with lightning speed, Kara put it to her ear.

"YES?! Finally someone wants to deal with what happened, I mean the Justice League has all but fallen apart since Kal....I mean Superman...." Kara bit her lip. "Anyways, what do you warriors of Earth need?"

"Nick Fury, Miss Kent, although you are technically not required to serve this country, we ask as service to Superman, you join the Anti-Darkness Alliance," the gravely voice known as Nick Fury said cutting to the point.

"He's not dead," Kara quickly mentioned determinedly. "I know he isn't."

"We all hope so, Miss Kent, but we must necessary steps," He replied. "If you decide to join us, meet with Punisher at the coordinates I have already sent to your Justice League communication device. Yes, we know about them."

Crunch. Kara crushed the phone in her hand after he hung up.

"Kara..." Martha sighed at the broken phone.

"Sorry Martha, I need to go to New York City," Kara walked to the stairs to go pack her things. "Please don't try to stop me."

"All right Kara, bring my boy back." Poor Martha, Clark is her son and only family. After Jonathan died she was broken, and now falling apart. Nodding to her, Kara swiftly got her things together. It only took her five minutes to get a suit case and kitty bag, for Streaky, together and out the door.

Kara floated down in an alley so no one saw her without her costume and rolled her suit case behind her. Streaky was walking next to her and mewing in excitement. Kara reached the door where her Justice League Communicator beeped rapidly.

"Here we go," She said with a sigh and knocked on the door.

SmileyCassandra
03-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Kory, also known as Starfire sat at an airport. One prompt about having a secret identity would be paying people for their services. At least that's how Kory felt about it. She loved giving people the greater good, and not give them the worst. If she would just fly to New York without using a plane, that would help no one. She had always looked up to other people defending the planet, and when she heard one was gone she was very sad. Her heart was just to friendly to not care about something like that.

As the plane ride progressed, Kory spent that time remembering her home. How her parents could kick her out over something so stupid she didn't know. She guessed they were always sour pusses. Though not when she was little. When she was little they treated her like a princess, and she loved those days. But reality soon kicked in when it became clear, she was far from a princess. They kicked her out over dating a boy; very ironic. She liked him what more could she really say?

After getting in the plane it took a matter of hours to arrive in New York. She made her way from the air port, and arrived at the place she needed to be soon after. With a sigh she walked closer, and noticed someone in the distance. She walked closer slowly, and finally recognized who it was. It was supergirl, and she seemed to be knocking on the door. From that Kory guessed this was the right place, and she really wasn't as lost as she thought. She smiled, and walked toward the girl. Soon after taking one final step she stood next to her.

"Knocking together might make them answer" Kory said, and knocked on the door as well.

Imp
03-02-2012, 10:45 AM
"SHIT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgmC_USeoM) Fucker lied to me..." It was obvious the trucker that Satire got a ride from called a local New York gang to settle an old score. Leaving remnants of the trucker all over the cab windows was a ghastly sign Satire left to hopefully ward off the gang for whenever they arrived, sadly they just pulled up with three Ford Mustangs.

Meanwhile, the vigilante was inside the gas station looking for some keys to any car. "Thanks for the fucking keys... FINALLY!" he yelled at a hesitant mother with her child hugging her legs tightly. "By the way, I'm taking this." a small bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos ended up in his backpack along with a twenty four oz. Mountain Dew just as a friendly ding welcomed two of the thugs inside.

Observing from over the isles, he watched the two gangsters start heading his way. Quickly, the maroon colored vigilante blitzed to the cashier joining her behind the counter and imploring her to hit the silent alarm. Out of a furious rage, she spat "I did already, you idiot!"

"I knew I heard something." Satire comically retorted and then out of protection, shoved her behind him as he aimed his revolver at the tattoo-covered duo. "Let's not make this violent, guys! There are women and children here!" he pointed his gun at the little boy to prove his presence. The boy immediately hid behind his shaking mother's legs. "Sorry..." Satire aimed the gun back at the members who suddenly and idiotically charged head-on. Two rounds for two morons who now lie dead, covering the tile with their blood. "Cleanup on isle 5!" he laughed before gathering himself and understanding he needed to get out before the cops arrived.

"All of this is for the greater good, I promise!" Satire shuffled over the counter and raced out to the appropriate car that the keys matched, unbeknownst to the remaining gang members running up from behind. A whack from a baseball bat created a spiderweb on the driver-side window just as Satire closed the door. "HELLO!" he responded to the surprise as he tried starting the car nervously. Another shock would come over all of them as a shotgun blast shattered the convenience store's window and downing a thug. "I knew she was packing heat. Good thing I didn't ask for her number." Satire continued until finally getting the ill car to start. The engine's roar sang hope to his ears even if he had planned on gunning them all down if the car didn't start.

Several more beatings were dished out all over the car. "This is SO not cool!" he managed to get a shot off at one thug who tried opening his door. Putting the car into reverse, he then floored it to escape the scene, only to hit one of the Mustangs.

"You gonna pay for that, Satire!" the skinhead threw his bat at Satire's car, only to have it simply bounce off. "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAAAAHHH!" Satire oddly replied and then laughed maniacally as he drove off, leaving the remaining gang to curse his name. The cops were in the distance and so the gang was unable to continue their pursuit and so Satire managed to get away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
After finding a place to stash the stolen car, Satire noticed Starfire making her way to where he probably needed to go. Following quietly behind her, he was lead to the entrance and so his insanity or rather inanity ensued.

"Aye but knocking with a threesome is even better. Heh heh... eh. Just messing..." Satire didn't concern himself with good first impressions, he enjoyed making a fool of himself instead. Seemed easier getting the name out that way instead of being like every other fool in the crime-fighting business. He really even didn't concern himself with the Darkness that currently surrounded the Earth. A bit of the nihilist inside him was happy the world would come to an end while the rest wanted it gone so his violent crusade against crime could continue. The loss of mister god-modding Superman wasn't missed much either and nor was the giant blue emo known as Dr. Manhattan.

"Right, so the door ain't opening eh? Well I have something for that..." Kneeling, he placed his backpack in front and opened a zipper to reveal a laptop. "Wonder if I can pop the cherry on this baby with my awesome hacking skills. That's right, I've got a lot of skills ladies." he nodded to both of them. He wouldn't wink to them since no one could see through his goggles without direct light anyway. While starting up his laptop, Satire prepared a wire to which he really had no idea where to place on the well-secured door. Freezing out of nervousness cause he was overwhelmed by confusion, the door then opened to them.

The room beyond revealed two heroes of his; Frank Castle, slaughterer of crime; and Deadpool, Satire's mercenary counterpart. After the ladies made their way in, Satire looked up to Frank. "I wasn't going to hack anything, just checking my mail." he chuckled nervously and put the laptop back. Entering the room, he became ecstatic about all the supers in the room. Firstly, Satire complimented Castle for all he has done against crime and attempted to receive a high-five but failed. From there, he shouted "DeadPOOOOOOOL" and rushed over to him as everyone should be this excited in seeing such an awesome symbol of... awesomeness, yes. "Mr. Awesome himself!" Satire found a seat nearby, leaning back in the chair and attempting to create an attractive aura by appearing 'cool'.

The maroon vigilante gave his respects to the others only to return his focus to Punisher and Deadpool. Removing the Doritos and Mountain Dew from his backpack, he remained sitting back and began eating. "Any chance we can heat up some burritos? This shit ain't gonna hold me over, man! Plus if I don't eat, I get feisty like a tiger. Rawr!" He looked to Storm and motioned a playful scratch in her direction.

Nightrel
03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Elena, surprisingly, was amused by the teleporting superhero going around the group. Although that amusement quickly turned to one of irritation as he got up in her face.
"Hmm...you seem familar...have I hit on you before? Maybe at a bar? Most likely a really DARK bar?" Before she could reply, Ororo walked past with a kind of look of disgust.
"Deadpool please refrain yourself. There are more pressing matters at hand, now if you please." Ah, so his name was Deadpool. Elena watched as Ororo walked into the base before turning back to deadpool, smirking.
"Im not even old enough to walk through the door of one so no," She answered, " and I would appreciate it if you kept your distance..." Electricity crackled around her body in warning as she finished that sentence, turning to follow Storm into the base. "Oh cool name by the way. Too bad such an unfortunate personality has to accompany it." Okay, she's usually never mean and that may have been a bit cold but hopefully it might put him off.

Passing Mr. Grumpy, she gave him a quick glance, entering into the base as well. The inside wasnt what she had expected at all. The appearance on the outside has defiantly fooled her but what was she suppose to expect? It was a secret headquarters after all. Finally exiting what was the hallway, she entered into a room, Storm waiting with three others. Of course she didnt recognize the other three and shrugged off her bag into her hands, her back suddenly becoming sore from lugging it around for so long.

SikstaSlathalin
03-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Sentry was walking his way down to the actual base using his sense to bypass the defenses. He was near the main corridor when he heard knocking back up the way he came then female voices behind the door. He didn't quite recognize them but they sounded young and familiar. Turning on his heel he walked back to the door he couldn't leave fellow heroes out in the cold when they've come to fight the Darkness.

It took a few seconds for him to get the turrets turned off and the door opened he smiled at the two girls seeing Starfire with her bright orange skin and Supergirl with her blond hair and bright blue eyes.
"Welcome to the Anti-Darkness base ladies." He said in his deep jovial voice smiling at the girls. I dont know if you've heard of me but I'm Sentry. Now please come in before unfriendly eyes see us. Keep wary though the base's defenses are still up" He stepped aside motioning for the two young women to hurry on inside.

Pheasant
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Jinx had been to New York City several times on business, relatively little of that business being positive. Armed robberies, espionage, sometimes alliances with other villains, the pink haired villainess turned heroine had developed a nasty reputation as an anarchist. Which, at the time, wasn't wrong of course.

Somehow, your past always manages to come back and bite you in the ass. Despite being a master of probability, bad luck always seemed right on Jinx's tail.

She had insulted, spied on, and caused a great deal of bad luck for many superheroes. Superheroes, mind you, who Jinx was about to be working with very closely.

Jinx's taxi cab pulled over roughly twelve blocks away from the Alliance HQ, as planned. She couldn't risk the security of the base if the car was bugged, or Jinx had a tail.

To some of the Titans, this indirect method of getting around was annoying. Jinx had made the mistake of not checking for bugs once, one single time. That mistake lead to the downfall of the entire H.I.V.E. organization.

That wasn't going to happen this time.

Slipping through a number of alleyways in a senseless criss-cross pattern that Jinx had memorized on the flight here, she eventually came to her destination, her speed greatly slowing as she neared the entrance.

To Jinx, she was being cautious. The average observer could tell that she was more than a little apprehensive.

Eyes on the entrances of the alleyway, she gave three solid knocks upon the door, "Open up you little shits, its freezing out here!"

Jacogos
03-05-2012, 12:34 AM
"Refrain? I'd rather not repeat myself, darling Storm. If you insist though..." Deadpool laughed a little, but stopped as the girl answered him. "Really? I could've pegged you for older. Huh. That's why I'd've never made a good bouncer. Of course, I got all the other requirements. Big. Scary. Able to gut you in two seconds flat. Oooo yeah, like this one time..."

Pausing in his speech, Deadpool realized he was the only one left outside. Letting out a small Meep!, he quickly entered the HQ after the others.

Deadpool fawned over a lot of the cool doohickeys that littered the walls of the HQ. And by 'doohickeys', I mean the gadgets. "Those cameras are so awesome... I swear they're following my every move." He paused again. "They are, aren't they? Yep. Figured. Racist bastards."

The group entered the meeting room and Deadpool immediately called a seat for himself at the end. It was only a moment later that more heroes entered from a different direction, Starfire, Wonder Woman, and another hero that Deadpool didn't recognize. Since the guy was wearing mostly maroon, Deadpool figured he would've recognized the guy. Apparently, though, he recognized him.

"DeadPOOOOOOOL! Mr. Awesome himself!" Well, he couldn't object to that. He had no idea who the guy was, but he liked him already. "Well ain't you the ass-kisser? Sweet. I'm honored!" After watching the guy fail at appearing cool, Deadpool's mouth dropped when he produced food and spoke of burritos. "Dude. I think I love you. Also, someone get some burritos up in here! I got a cravin' now!" After a moment, Deadpool teleported.

A minute passed, then he returned with a plate full of burritos, passing two over to the maroon guy. Without prelude, Deadpool took off his mask and picked up a burrito. He spoke as he began taking large bites from the first burrito he grabbed. "Apparently they got a kitchen here. These are delicious... Say, what's your name, dude?"

AngelicAsylum
03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Rorschach’s Journal, 2012

The end is nigh.

Air heavy with tension and fear, a reminder of the unknown bearing down upon the citizens of this city like a pendulum. Society once again cowers under the protective veil of ignorance, self-absorbed and comforted by its own sense of false security. But fear is tangible in their hearts; they know this threat is different than those that came before.

Doctor Manhattan gone. Superman gone. Dead, trapped, or still fighting the expansive darkness too far from the reach of civilization? Impossible to know for sure. Unimportant. All that matters is that we continue to fight for justice. Have decided to reach out to other likeminded individuals. Most are soft, weak and liberal, but there must be others. Others as dedicated as me.

Rorschach closed his journal and exited the alleyway, finally himself after a long day of being in disguise. There were more and more like Walter on the streets now, proclaiming the end of the world. For him, the world had ended already. That’s what made his disguise so good.

It had taken him weeks of research to hunt down the headquarters for the Anti-Darkness Alliance. Rorschach was reluctant to join them at first. Large groups were something he rarely wanted to be a part of, and it already consisted of quite a few people he was not fond of. It couldn’t be helped, however. Already he had heard of Adrian Veidt’s influence on the other side. That was too dangerous to even risk. He would have to at least use them for their resources.

By the time he reached Headquarters, most of the group was there already. He had not spoken to any of them before – except for one person. “Hurm. Still not a fan of your outfit,” Rorschach said to Wonder Woman as greeting. “Nothing personal.”

SmileyCassandra
03-05-2012, 01:22 AM
As Starfire and Supergirl stood at the door; it opened. She smiled at the person that opened it for them. He told them his name, and welcomed them into the base. "Thank you Sentry" Starfire said, her voice gentle and sweet. She smiled, and walked through the door. She looked back at Sentry, and smiled one last time and fully walked in the base.

Starfire went with the motions, and watched the guy try and act cool. She giggled slightly, and raised a brow at deadpool. She was having trouble placing all of them, but hell it didn't matter at the moment. She watched as deadpool teleported, and then come back with a plate of burritos. She knew that had to be him, due to the other guy calling him that. What was the others guy's name again? Damn her memory. She let out a sigh, and looked around the room. Supergirl she could never forget, and she heard about Strom. She couldn't forget Wonder woman, but other then that her brain was to far away to remember.

She played with her auburn hair, and twirled it around her finger as she looked around. She tilted her head, and suppressed a giggle. It was her bubbly persona trying to come out. She liked to giggle, was that so bad? Even if it meant giggling where she was supposed to be helping? She gritted her teeth slightly, and waited for someone to speak. She wanted to know the details as to why she was here. She was ready to get down to business. Even though she was very glad to be hanging out with Supergirl once more.

"Supergirl...how have you been?" Starfire asked, as she looked over to her blond haired friend. Her eyes were sad, but she didn't want Supergirl to feel that sadness. She couldn't imagine what the poor girl was going through, with Superman's disappearance and everything. She wanted to check on her friend, and she if she was okay. She knew she wouldn't get the I'm alright answer, but if she did then it wouldn't be the truth. She trusted Supergirl, but how could she be okay when someone she cared about was in trouble? So Starfire said no more, and watched her friend intently.

Pheasant
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
As a member of the newest generation of heroes, Jinx was prone to quite a common pitfall. The desire for instant gratification.

After going through all the trouble of sneaking here unnoticed, there was no way that Jinx was just going to wait here for someone to let her in. Annoyedly the pink-haired heroine slipped around the corner of the alleyway, finding herself faced with another door connected to the building. The soft echo of words dimmed into nothing, amplified by the closeness of the adjacent building.

Score.

Suddenly, Jinx heard a loud clank of steel behind her several feet, close enough to make the young woman jump. Spinning around in a blur of motion, she had just enough time to note a shabby looking black cat rush by her legs and into the alley she had just came through with a hiss. An overturned trash can lay with it contents spilled where the noise had originated from.

"That's some bad luck...", Jinx muttered to herself, before quickly turning into a half run towards the door. She passed another glance behind her into the alleyway to ensure no-one was watching, before slipping into the open doorway.

Two figures strode away, while another was close enough to touch, almost giving her her second scare of the evening. The man was at least as tall as her old teammate, Mammoth, and at least twice as muscly, not to mention hunky. She made a silent apology to Wally. Anyone who knew who Mammoth was, knew that was quite a statement. Jinx suddenly felt quite silly standing there with Hello-Kitty backpack straps over her shoulders.

Out of the corner of her eye, still soaking in the scene, she noticed what looked to be a fairly sophisticated defense grid of turrets.

Probably meant to keep out unlucky pink haired punks like her. Suddenly Jinx was quite happy that she hadn't hexed open that first door.

"This is the Alliance HQ?", she murmured to Sentry.

No, sorry, that's just down the block. God, what a stupid question.

Nightrel
03-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Elena stood in the corner of the room, leaning up against the wall and watching everyone else. Instead of conversing, like most would, she observed and listened. Being quiet wasn’t always from being shy or what not… Well at least not for her. She counted off the names she already knew in her mind. “Storm a.k.a Ororo,” she muttered, was currently being rawred at by the one in maroon who has yet to say his name. “Gambit” He seemed to just to be standing there. “Deadpool.” Just appeared with a bunch of burritos and apparently already becoming best buds with the maroon guy. She took note of that, figuring that they were going to cause trouble together. She looked to the orange-skinned woman next. She didn’t know her name yet as well but she did hear her say Supergirl to the blonde chick next to her. “Supergirl,” She repeated as to keep the list of faces and names organized in her mind. Turning to the last four people she had no clue as to what their names were. The giant male had came in with supergirl, the orange-skinned chick and a younger girl with pink pigtails wearing a hello kitty backpack. The backpack was a little strange but she had to admit, she did like her outfit. Another woman had walked in as well and shortly after another guy, just like Mr. Grumpy, who seems to give off that ‘don’t mess with me’ aura. Counting all who were already there, she kept still waiting patiently.

She wondered about how they were going to stop this threat. From the sounds of it the 'darkness' was a giant mass of well....darkness. How do you stop a giant mass of Darkness? She didnt think it was even tangible, which would prove it to be even more difficult to 'defeat.' There wasnt much she could draw from the situation though seeing that she really didnt know much. So there wasnt anything she could say on the matter at the moment. Maybe it would be better to stay quiet throughout the 'meeting' and just listen in, otherwise she figured she might make a fool out of herself.

Looking back around the room, it seemed like almost everyone was here and they were about to start but it still didn’t keep her from getting bored. Holding out her hand she let loose a small amount of the stored volts from the metal gloves and focused the energy in the middle of her palm. As soon as the electricity was visible and crackling she concentrated on forming it into the shape of a beetle, smiling as she succeeded in her first attempt. Before it took her a lot of time and energy to concentrate and get the formation right. Electricity was hard to grasp and hold on to if you didn’t have enough focus and often she would lose grasp of it. This time just showed how far she had come from all of that training and work….even though she knew she was far from having total control….

SikstaSlathalin
03-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Sentry nodded as Supergirl walked past him and followed Starfire down the corridor. He was about to close the door when someone came into his sense then he heard the running of small feet then the voice of a young girl looking down he saw bubblegum pink pigtail, a hello Kitty back pack, and black clothes. He smiled moving aside so the girl could enter.
"That it is young miss please join us, I think the actual briefing is just about to start. You can call me Sentry by the way."

StormWolf
03-06-2012, 04:45 AM
With the thick vault-like door open, the Punisher watched as people entered, scanning them al from head to toe with his steely blue eyes. First to pass through the door in to the secretive lair of the Anti-Darkness Alliance was Storm, followed by Gambit and the new girl - Nightbold, she was called. The Punisher heard the whirring of servos and hydraulics on the adjacent wall, placing him on alert. The hidden door opened to reveal Sentry. While Sentry was on the Punisher's side, he did not place himself at ease. Frank had suffered his fair share of beatings from Sentry and was not a fan of the flaxen haired do-gooder.

Just as he Punisher was closing the door to the Headquarters after Wonder Woman made her way inside, there was a shimmer of blue-ish light flash from inside the structure. Teleporter...sonuvabitch, Frank thought to himself as he drew one of his higher caliber pistols and drew back the hammer the second the red-and-black figure appeared. The Punisher knew that uniform anywhere.

"Hello Wade..." Frank grumbled, his dark eyebrows furrowing deeply. There was a moment of...well it wasn't silence. It was never quiet with Wade Wilson around. Frank refused to shake the demented freak's hand. The Punisher was not one for childish antics. There was another flash and Deadpool vanished elsewhere in the facility, likely going to go molest one of his fellow mutants.

Frank carried himself deeper in to the base as Sentry took over doorman duty so that as leader, the Punisher could start the briefing on what was going to be happening to them all as a team. What was expected of them and what they would have to be doing. Frank's keen ears picked up the sound of the locks coming undone again as three women and a man - or a boy, by the way he behaved - entered the base. Frank operated the cameras, running facial recognition once more. There was Jinx, Starfire, Supergirl, Satire and Roarschach, who Punisher opened the door for remotely. The base was quickly becoming something of a cluster-fuck and order was going to need to be instilled. The Punisher ran his ship military.

"Listen up, all of you!" The Punisher's cold and masculine tone rang through the corridors of concrete, steel, and adamantium. The Punisher meant business, and he was going to keep things orderly. He expected a group of mostly-order-keeping heroes to understand and respect this. Hope was sitting in Frank's command chair, still munching on her animal crackers as she swiveled the seat about, looking up at all the famous heroes with star-struck eyes. Her jaw hung open and slack when she saw Starfire, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl. She looked up at Frank with bright eyes mouthing 'oh my gosh!' to him. Frank's face remained unmoved as he folded his hands at the small of his back and walked around the large round table,

"Welcome, officially, to the Anti-Darkness Alliance ladies and gentlemen." Frank pressed a button on the table and a number of previously concealed drawers opened up, revealing what looked like ID cards with a great deal of circuitry visible on the surface with Stark™ stamped on the back of the card. "These unseeming little cards are your lifeline to S.H.I.E.L.D., to the headquarters, and to me. These have encrypted GPS signals unique to each of you and it monitors your vital signs. I know many of you are bulletproof - I'm looking at you, blondie..." Frank pointed to Supergirl with a gaze that was not critical, but strictly business. "But all of us have out weaknesses, and these little cards will be what allows me or what of your comrades get to you when you are down an out before some maniacal ass-clown gets the best of you." The Punisher waited for everyone to take their identifications on hand. They would automatically synch with the user upon contact via DNA graphing.

"I am sure you all have been paying attention to the news," Frank quirked an eyebrow as he passed Deadpool, "or at least most of you have. The Darkness is coming. There is no stopping it with traditional means. We need to approach this thing as if it were a tweaker with a hair trigger." Maybe not the best metaphor. Not everyone might get it. Not matter, they would have to keep up. "We are going to going up against some of the worst mothers in the criminal underworld in this fight. Our goal is to destroy the Darkness, or get it away from Earth. Adrian and his self-proclaimed enlightened ones would use the Darkness to hold the world ransom. I have seen his type before, and I know how they operate. Above all, we need to ensure the safety of the innocent, not only in this city, but in every city all over the world. That is the scale. Are we understood?" Frank sounded like the drill sergeant he used to be before he became the Punisher.

"Any comments or questions you might have, now is the time to ask." The Punisher stood next to his chair, resting an arm on the top of the chair to keep Hope from spinning. She looked in awe at all the heroes around her. She felt so cool!

Yoruyonaka
03-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Kara smiled kindly to Starfire, her good friend.

"I am glad to enter this door with one of my best friends," She replied just as Satire appeared next to her with a rude remark. Kara frowned.

The door opened to reveal the golden haired man known as the Sentry. One would think he was Kryptonian, but he was far from it. He was as powerful as Superman and boy was he gorgeous. Did I think that? Kara thought rubbing her blushing cheeks. She nodded to Sentry and smiled at him. Stop staring, Kara, he is a god compared to you. She entered behind him with Starfire following.

"Supergirl...how have you been?" Kara heard Starfire ask.

Kara smiled. "You don't need to be so formal," Kara replied. "Please, call me Kara. I know your used to Justice League rules, but they have gone quiet." She continued to follow Sentry. "How have I been? Well...I am not sure really. All I want to do is help save...everyone." Superman...she thought.

After entering the Debriefing room, she noticed a cute little girl nibbling some animal cookies. Kara watched her ogle at the sight of the heroes. Kara waved kindly at the little girl as a deep, groveling voice began to speak. Kara finally got to see the infamous Punisher. He didn't seem to bad, but as he spoke she knew that the rumors were true.

Punisher began to hand out ID cards for Shield and explain them.

"These have encrypted GPS signals unique to each of you and it monitors your vital signs. I know many of you are bulletproof - I'm looking at you, blondie..." He pointed at her. And then went to ask if there is any questions about the plan to destroy the darkness.

"My name is Kara, Kara Kent, Mr. Grumpy-Skull," Kara replied frowned. "And I appreciate you refrain from blond jokes. I did graduate from a college with degrees in psychology and journalism." She flicked her blond hair back in response. "And my question is, are you going to try to find out what happened to Superman and Dr. Manhattan?"

Nightrel
03-07-2012, 01:54 AM
A loud, stern voice broke through Elena's concentration causing her to lose grasp of the volts. Looking up she quickly withdrew the energy back into her gloves before losing it to the air. "Welcome officially to the Anti-Darkness Alliance ladies and gentlemen." Grumpy spoke, pressing some kind of button that caused drawers to open up in front of them. Inside was a card. Grabbing hers she examined it as she listened to the explanation on what they were for. The cards were interesting, seeing that they were holding a good amount of power. She couldnt tell if there was a very small battery in it or not. If there was, it was very well concealed and protected.

"My name is Kara, Kara Kent, Mr. Grumpy-Skull," the blonde or Supergirl, replied after he was finished. Nice one. "Glad Im not the only one who thinks that" Elena mumbled under her breath, looking back at her card before slipping it into her pouch. Kara then went on about graduating and her degrees, but what caught her interest was her question.

"Are you going to try to find out what happened to Superman and Dr. Manhattan?" Elena gave her a puzzled look.

"What happened to who?" She thought out loud, looking to Grumpy. She mentally kicked herself....well there goes that plan out the window. She guessed she was going to have to ask sooner or later more about what was going on. Might as well be now.

"Errrr...I'm not part of that superhero loop, if you haven't noticed...I haven't even watched T.V in a year...." The mutants trying to overrun the city or causing chaos never gave her a chance to sit down and enjoy America's favorite past time. They were more important...but she guessed she could have at least tuned in to the radio once in awhile. Sighing, she sat back further into her seat.

Elena didn't look around the room at the others, already knowing they were probably staring at her. Withdrawing a little, something clicked in her mind. Supergirl...Superman...Hold up, were they related? She facepalmed, sighing again. Duh, wasn't the super before both man and girl obvious enough? So Kara must be pretty worried about him. But what about Dr. Manhatten? What was he a doctor of exactly? She had a lot to learn about in the coming days. Elena gave a quick glance at everyone. Well, this week was going to be fun..

Pheasant
03-07-2012, 03:01 AM
Jinx was a little late slipping into the party room, but with how far Punisher's voice could carry over, she didn't really miss much.

The young woman's black designer combat boots made no noise as she strode towards the big-boys table, her thumbs clamped behind the straps of her backpack. With one hand Jinx quickly scooped up her I.D. card, depositing it within her black dress.

Those faces that did turn to look at her must have been quite astounded. She could, in fact, predict just what some of them were about to say.

'Is it bring your kid to work day, or something?'

Bubblegum pink hair, a black and purple dress that fell to her knees, and a Hello-Kitty backpack on? It wasn't that strange a comment.

Keep in mind of course that some of the people around this table had been fighting evil before Jinx was even born, and were distanced from the rising generation of heroes and villains. She had memorized several of their files from the H.I.V.E. Academy as well, and was tested on that information quite often. In fact, she could probably recite Punisher's operational file from memory. Backwards.

New super-villains have to have an edge on experience, after-all.

Those heroes who did decide to turn a nose upward in resentment towards the girl, however green she was, were already making the mistake of underestimating Jinx, and the Glock 17 and pair of C4 remote detonated explosives she had hidden in her 'cute' bag.

In New York, a girl has to come prepared, after-all.

SmileyCassandra
03-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Starfire smiled at Kara slightly when she told her not to be formal. She new Kara meant superman when she said everyone, it made her sad. She didn't want her good friend- no best friend to feel like this. "I am sorry Kara, I've just gotten used to being formal. I too- am trying to save everyone." Starfire replied, and glanced to her feet. She cares for Kara, and wanted to help her in anyway possible. She walked along side her, and flinched when she heard Punisher speak.

His voice- to her- was pretty demanding and built for a leader. She respected those that lead her to save those in need. She listened closely, and took her ID card as she sighed. She frowned when he addressed Kara as blondie, when she has a name. She was about to say something, but she was cut off by Kara defending herself. She smiled.

She had a few questions as well, but mostly questions that she already knew the answers to. She nodded as Kara asked her question, and looked at the Nightbolt when she she asked who they were. She didn't know? She must be fairly new. She did not ask any questions, because she didn't want to make a fool of herself. She would find out in time. Besides, she wasn't one to ask many questions. She only wanted to save those that needed to be saved. She looked at a girl that took her ID card. She seemed like a kid. She hadn't really seen her around, but she was sure she was someone. She thought her name was Jinx? Or something along them lines.

She looked so young. Though Starfire wouldn't underestimate anyone. Even the most cute of guys could kick some serious ass, as well as the youngest of girls. Speaking of cute Sentry seemed to be. Though, Starfire herself would never admit to it. She needed to be serious, and serious she would be. She wanted to help save everyone, and Superman for her friend. Even if it meant risking herself. That's why she is called a superhero, and a superhero she would remain until her final resting days. She waited patiently for the questions to be answered.

SikstaSlathalin
03-07-2012, 08:49 PM
After the last of the Anti's entered the base Sentry closed and locked his door and followed the young girl with pink hair into the briefing room. Castle was never one to waste time when business was on the table particularly when business was this pressing. Foregoing a seat he stood in the back of the room watching Punisher's introduction and first order of business the ID cards. The big hero reached over the young ones in front of him and grabbed his card and felt it syncing with him upon grabbing it. He'll have to look at this technology closer when he got the time Stark Industries always had the best inventions and Sentry enjoyed tinkering with them in his down time.

He looked up at the first question asked by the young mutant named Nightbolt he was surprised at it to be honest he spoke in his deep voice looking at the teenager.
"Superman A.K.A. Clack Kent is a Kryptonian super being, invulnerable, and super strong among other useful powers and one of the finest Heroes we had on this planet. Dr. Manhattan is near enough a god on mortal soil, I don't even know the extent of his powers and I've gone up against heavy hitters from all over the Cosmos, he's also a genius with the powers to destroy things on a molecule level if I'm not mistaken. Both of these men went to fight the Darkness when we first learned of it's existence. We didn't know anything about it so it was as much as a preventive measure as an exploratory one it was also a great tragedy when they vanished within the Darkness's recesses, body, or whatever we have no clue. We don't even know if it destroyed them to answer your question Kara. The nature of the Darkness from what we've seen is strange to say the least, it swallows up anything in it's path but weather it absorbs what it takes in and destroys it or saps them of what ever sustenance it needs and leaves a husk, hell it could even work like a wormhole and send what it absorbs to some far reaching star system." He moves off the wall and leans on the table looking everyone in the eye for emphasis.

"But whatever it does we cannot let the Enlightened Ones get control of the Darkness for among the reasons Castle said but also another potentially much more dangerous reason. The Void is on the side of the Pro Darkness, I don't know how many of you have ever heard of him but he's pure evil and will use the Darkness as his own personal play thing and destroy everything and I mean everything. He doesn't care about ideologies, goals or even the lives of his teammates. A warning to you all friends, leave The Void to me, he has a power called Infi-Tendrils that once they get ahold of you, they will make you relive every horror and disaster you have ever experienced and will experience then it'll get multiplied by one thousand fold, that will bring down even Superman." He looked at Kara again this time with an apologetic look on his face. "We are of one mind pretty much so they don't work on me without hurting him as well. If you do come across him try and run or get my attention." He nodded to them all once more then looked at Castle and asked. "So Castle, where are we off to first?"

RisingPhoenix
03-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Ororo stood in the briefing room, taking in all of the individuals around her. She looked at their faces, what they wore, and how they acted. She said nothing while Satire and Deadpool acted foolishly in front of the girls of the group. She didn’t even acknowledge the fact that the Punisher had begun briefing them on what was going on. She grabbed her card just as the others had, and slipped it into her bosom, letting her hands fall back to her sides simultaneously. She continued to watch everyone, and continued to listen to what some had to say. Nightbolt received a brief lesson on Superman and Dr. Manhattan, and Supergirl received a much needed response about Superman and his whereabouts. Poor girl was probably in denial about the entire thing, and though Storm wanted to comfort her, she needed to come to the realization that this threat was real and that Superman himself had not returned from his mission. Storm held on to the hope that both of the world’s strongest heroes were still alive, but doubt continually attempted to strip her of that small bit of hope.

When everyone had finished speaking for the time being, Storm decided to speak.

“It is in my best interest to let you all know why I am here. I am here because my nation needed me to be. I am here because the world is in trouble. Mother Nature has called and I have come to assist in any way I can. I am not here to give false hope to anyone. I know this ‘thing’ is powerful, and I know that two of our strongest warriors of peace have fallen victim to it, but I do believe that there is a way to defeat it. We cannot sit here and act as if things are going to go so well without hindrance. We know what is coming, and we must be ever on our toes. We must do what needs to be done. We can NOT hesitate or falter in our mission. It is imperative that we focus and know what failure means. That is all.”

Jacogos
03-08-2012, 05:21 AM
"I always forget about your little soft spot, Frankie..." Deadpool cooed as he noticed the little girl for the first time. It was always adorable seeing how the little girl completely contradicted everything that the Punisher was and would always be. He had made it his very creepy business to see if the little innocent thing got into the 'family' business. Immediately after he said that, though, Deadpool paused and chuckled. "Nothing wrong with bein' a family man, right? Aheh." He was saved when the man began talking.

"Sweet, so now I'm official," Wade chuckled as he pocketed the card that spawned especially for him. He wiped his face of the burrito sauce, then replaced his mask, noticing the look that Mr. Punisher gave him as he began speaking again. "Hey! I watch the news! ... On occasion. I prefer the Murder Brawl. More violence, less commercials." Good thing for Deadpool that he HAD been paying enough attention to know what this Darkness was. Without the glories of the Internet, he wouldn't be here right now. (Oooooo, I see what you did there, you clever bastard, you!)

What he WASN'T prepared for was the little new girl being completely oblivious about who Superman was. Though he was beat to the punch in explaining, he sat there baffled anyway. How do you NOT know the Man of Steel? He's a legend! Though, understandably, Deadpool didn't hear much about him either, considering... Well, he wouldn't think about that right now. Too close to the wall, that one.

IN any case, Deadpool was ready to roll, so he eagerly hopped on the topic of 'Where to, Castle?' that Sentry brought up. "Yeah, what he said! I'm ready to kick some bad-guy BUTT!! Not to mention show off some of my moves to the ladies..." he smirked and winked at Starfire, who was nothing short of hothothothothothot.

Pheasant
03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
"Keep dreaming Red", Jinx muttered with a roll of her eyebrows at Deadpool. Wildcards like him were the bane of any sort of organized plan, the pink-haired heroine had to deal with leading several back when she worked for H.I.V.E. and the Brotherhood.

Slipping her bag off of her shoulders, now everyone could see the large cat doll that was her backpack, she fingered through its contents.

A rappel line which could be tied into a belt, a short kukri with a back scabbard, explosives, a Glock 17 with three extra magazines and a shoulder holster, a wet-suit, and a re-breather, most of which could be stowed into a much smaller water proof bag that she also had within this one.

Would this be enough for her to go into an operational stage? In general with the heroic bureaucracy, it was often days or even as much as a week between a team coming together and getting to their first mission. Were it up to Jinx, several weeks would be spent acquiring gear and putting everyone through group training.

But then, they had no time left. The heroes that had lead the assault against the white martians and so many other invaders were already engaged in the conflict, or gone.

The time for preparation had long since passed them by.

Imp
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
"You really wanna know my name? You do? Really?" Satire responded to Deadpool, taking the quote from the movie Cable Guy. "It's Ernie Douglas. But my friends Chip... Ha! I'm kidding. I'm Satire; your gun totin' American who favors extreme(yet unorthodox) justice while havin' inane, insane, nihilistic, and anarchistic qualities." After nabbing a burrito from the plate, he tossed out several photos onto the table. "Here's my 'art'."

One of the few unique images presented a dead Cosa Nostra family all sitting at the dinner table with Satire giving a thumbs up while eating. It is hard to see but all of the members have an 'S' carved into their foreheads.
Next appears to be of a few thugs tied to train tracks in the subway. Their facial expression shows pain from the S carved into their forehead. Another is of a bank. The building is in flames and the ATM machines are on fire from within. Several canisters of gasoline appear next to the machines. The remaining bunch had graffiti, destruction, carnage, and even various car lots on fire and exploding and of judges being brutally 'justified'.

"Yeah for awhile, the local news in my area didn't understand the 'S' meant Satire! Not until I finally wrote it out. I did appreciate that they gave my work a positive look in society fighting back crime. Buuuut then they got shutdown. OH then there was that time they somehow got Deadshot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Pr33oLAhA) and me mixed up. Long story short, I went up into a Ferris wheel and sniped some asshole lawyer. WELL the story got twisted and he ended up getting his name in the papers and not mine." Satire kept quiet after that and continued munching on his burrito that Deadpool so kindly brought.

-----------------------------------------

Once big bad Punisher finished, Satire immediately spoke up. "If you're worried about the ladies, they can hang with me!" He equipped a revolver in each hand and began spinning them with great finesse. "Only drawback is you must be of age... of course." Satire chuckled slightly and sat back down to fetch one of the last burritos. With a messy glove, he took an ID card. "Coooool" he became excited as the image of him appeared on the card after DNA verification. At this time, Satire understood he was being heavily monitored like the rest and so once the Darkness had been destroyed, he would toss it into the nearest trashcan to evade Big Brother.

"Before we get toooo far ahead of ourselves, StarfireisminesostaybackDeadpool! Ahem er, what is the plan? Can I be support and recon? I could take my rifle up high somewhere and let it rain hell on those below."

SmileyCassandra
03-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Starfire listened when everyone spoke, shaking her head to some words said, and raising her brow to others. She then looked at Deadpool right as he winked at her, and shook her head. Her face said a straight up no thanks without even saying the words. Not that she was trying to be rude, she just wasn't interested. She then looked at Satire as he spoke. Did I hear him right? She raised a brow at herself, and shook her head to try and make herself focus.

She wasn't used to attention from guys, so this was new to her. She took a step forward, her red hair flowing behind her. She blinked as she looked around once more, trying to understand why Deadpool winked at her, and why Satire said something about Starfire is mine. She let out a soft sigh, and her eyes then flickered to look more serious. She wanted to get started, and she couldn't if she stayed to be worried about boy things. She straightened her back, and looked ahead of her. She was ready when they were.

Nightrel
03-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Elena only sat and listened as the blonde male explained to her about Superman, Dr. Manhattan and the Darkness. To hear the two best of the best superheroes being swallowed up by this thing was not at all comforting. But she realized just as well if nothing was done, the whole earth could be gone with just the snap of the fingers. Castle was right, they needed to approach it cautiously, or as he put it, ‘approach it as if it were a tweaker with a hair trigger'. She gave a mental smirk at that. Turning her attention back to the others, she listened on at their comments, slightly sighing as Deadpool then Satire spoke. Those two....anyways the explanation only brought on more questions...

Tuning out the others, she waited patiently for Frankie, as she heard from Deadpool, to continue. Seeing that he was head of this operation, he had to have some sort of...well, some kind of plan, planned out. The 'Enlightened Ones' no doubt were planning their plan of action as well and it was best to get things moving along quickly. On the other hand, waiting for the enemy to make the first move could be a good idea as well, but risky. Based on their course of action they could figure out the best course of action to counter that action, just as well as see what they are planning on doing. The only problem is that if the Enlightened One's succeeded in that plan, where would that leave them? They could lose ground and fall behind. Which was better? To be a step behind the enemy and see what their plan was? Or to be one step ahead of the enemy and allow them to see what we were planning? Or maybe she was just over thinking everything as usual. Scowling, she tried to revise those thoughts. Waiting around was dangerous. If they stayed a step behind the enemy then they will succeed in their overall motives. Unfortunately she couldn’t help but feel that the 'Enlightened Ones' were going to be a step ahead of them...in which that case, they could do nothing but wait....on second thought, that isn’t entirely true. Finding a way to get rid of The Darkness was different then trying to figure out the next move of the enemy. They could just as well find a way by not having to wait for the enemy. Though they would still have to keep an eye on them and foil whatever they plan to do. Ha!...foil…

Elena stopped herself there, knowing full well that she will just keep going in circles and fry her brain. The complicity of her own mind still eluded everyone else including herself. If she had said that out loud the looks she would have been given would be ‘what in the hell are you talking about?’ look. Or so she thought. The superheroes gathered here were pretty strange themselves. She turned back to frankie.

"Well?" She asked, barley audible for one to hear, "Its best if we quickly move on."

SikstaSlathalin
04-24-2012, 09:47 PM
(GM Post)

The meeting ran along smoothly enough once everyone had their ID cards and were settled back in. Castle started out by explaining the situation in London was boarding on critical, the Darkness had been spotted creeping ever closer to the big city and while most of the people were evacuated, SHIELD wants them to try and secure as much of the city as they can and try to fight it back and evacuate anyone still clutching to the bricks and streets out of the city in case they couldn't fight it back.

The targets to secure were Buckingham Palace, first place to be evacuated and largest of the three, Westminster Abbey a huge religious icon for the world if that goes down under the Darkness millions would be too shattered to mount any kind of last ditch battle for their freedom. The last target is Covent Garden a tourist attraction like no other and at a key point to launch a blockade on the river and give whatever group took it a foot hold in the outer parts of London. Questions were asked and answered and despite a disagreement or two the Alliance got through the briefing painlessly. They all agreed to decide which buildings to take first and the what teams of three they'd all break up into and which targets they would go for. At the end of the meeting Castle got a call stating that the SHIELD created transportation was on it's way to take them to London with an E.T.A of 20 minutes. Plenty of time for them to get to the roof. With nothing further to discuss Castle called the meeting to closed and after everyone get set up with room they moved their way to the roof to wait for transport.

(Sentry)

The big man didn't have many questions and those he had were answered as the briefing rolled on. Seemed pretty straight forward so far go to London, secure landmarks, and fight off the Pros. He doubted it was really that easy but nothing wrong with hoping for it as they were sent to go settle into their rooms Sentry shoulders his bag containing his suit and a few other items he could need and walked around the base looking for his assigned room. He found it and swiped his card into the slot listening to the locks click and the door pops open a little. Pushing it the rest of the way open he found comfortable but extremely military in it's size and furnishings. A bed, two lockers, a desk with computer equipment, and a walk in shower and bathroom. It would work dropping his gear on the bed he pulls out his costume and changes into it. After looking himself over in the bathroom mirror to make sure everything was in place he stuffed the bag into one of the lockers and exited locking his room up and heading for the roof. He arrived ahead of the others and stood watching the sky seeing faint hints of the Darkness on the horizon.

SmileyCassandra
04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Starfire listened for everything to be said, and instantly went to her room. She thought about her life back home, and sighed. Once she was at her room, she smiled. It wasn't fancy, and it wasn't trashy. It was average, exactly how she liked it. Once she was done looking around, she tilted her head and decided to change.

Once Starfire was done changing, she headed out of the room. She went straight for the roof, and noticed Sentry was already there. She watched him as he watched the sky, and smiled lightly. She sighed, and looked around nervously. She wasn't sure how things would work out for her, and she didn't even know when things would work out for her.

She watched the sky intently, and thought about her life. She wanted to help others, and that was exactly what she was doing. She would save people, while making them feel like they belonged. She wondered about things she never would have. She wasn't afraid of death, but she was afraid of not getting all the things she wanted to do done, before death.

She shook away from her thoughts, she was stronger than that. She wouldn't die, and she live to be one hundred thousand years old. She giggled at the thought, and smiled up at the sky. She would make it through this, help save the world, and make great friends while doing it. Or so she hoped.

Pheasant
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Jinx retired quietly after the announcement had been made, going off on her own. She had hoped, but hadn't expected to be going out on-mission so soon. Generally the heroic bureaucracy wasn't so quick to actually get things done.

It was certainly a nice change.

It did not, however, rule out Jinx's nature of suspicion. While the others were heading towards their rooms or to the landing pad, Jinx was making her rounds around the bases primary and sub hallways. A PDA was held in one hand nonchalantly, as though she were texting or messing around on the internet. In reality, this device was highly sophisticated, and by using a tone undetectable by man, superheros, or most detection devices, it was developing a digital map complete with room numbers that Jinx typed in, and even ventilation grates.

If the base came under attack, or some other unforeseeable reason required her to get somewhere quickly, Jinx wasn't going to be left in the dark.

Or, if S.H.I.E.L.D. decided to screw the former villainess over, Jinx would have enough information on the building to make them regret it.

AlyKun17
05-01-2012, 02:58 AM
The wind swept Raven's hooded figure as she neared the supposed S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters. Her body looked as if it hovered from the ground as her purplish- blue cloak covered her feet. Her purple cloak seemed mysterious and most people would mistake her as an enemy with the way she dresses.

"Raven, Why?"
"They need me."
"Why didn't they all call us out?"
"I think its because they were dealing with darkness that is why they called on me."
"But we're a team"
"I know that, I will not be leaving permanently, It is just until this dark matter they speak of is taken down."
"We will keep things under control here in Jump City, You go on to S.H.I.E.L.D"
"Thanks Robin. I shall be back soon enough"

This conversation with her team was what was on her mind as she journeyed from Jump City, California to the alleged S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. The thought of joining a super team composed of supers that are far greater than she was scary and yet she was compelled to do so given the fact that it was dealing with darkness. Raven made it her mission to destroy every other trace of darkness in the world.

She lowered her head. She supposed that everyone was either late like her or had already gotten inside and she was the last person to come. She thought that it would might be rude to just barge into a facility like this but she then figured that a headquarters as top secret as this one has got to have state of the art security systems that have seen her already.

Raven made her way to the entrance inching ever closer to a new set of individuals that she will surely have a hard time getting along with given the fact that she was quite a silent and prefer-to-be-alone type of girl but if things were gonna work out between her and the other people inside that building she would have to swallow her pride. Whatever these people wanted them to do it was sure as hell not easy.

Raven doesn't know who or what kind of super hero's were also in here. Legends, Ultimate heros, It all seemed to swarm into her mind as though like a hurricane. Will she be able to be like those people, given how young she was. But raven never believed that age was the determination of maturity and strength. It was will. Always will that determined how strong a person is. Raven's will is great, He determination and focus was present all she needed to do now was enter those huge doors in front of her and make things happen.

It was a good thing Castle sent her some information about what's been happening. It came as a shock to her when the information came along with the request of her to come but she didn't say no. It was really had to digest that Legends like Superman and Dr. Manhattan were nothing like bugs to this darkness. What were their chances to win this one if Legends like them couldn't? But raven did lose hope that quick maybe there was something in each other them that would contribute to the bringing down of that dark matter. Maybe there was something in each of these supers that Superman and Dr. Manhattan just didn't have. She sighed.

Reaching the doors Raven pushed down her hood to reveal her also purple hair and eyes. Pushing open the doors of the huge building not knowing what to expect of the people inside she had made her decision. She had not traveled all the way here just to chicken out at the last minute, No. She was going through with this to the end.
"Hello?" She said in her soft voice. As the doors of the headquarters opened as Raven pushed them.

Imp
05-01-2012, 04:38 AM
"Twenty minutes eh? Time to see what's in the fridge! Fuck yeah!" Satire childishly announced out loud and then charged for the fridge while the others scattered to their destinations. However, before his gloved hand driven by a hunger for snack-foods could grip the fridge handle, he turned away to notice Jinx wandering off in another direction. Satire understood everyone had to make preparations but knowing that everyone was going in the other direction gave him a clue that something smelt funny... and it wasn't the rotting MRE in Castle's trash.

'Damn this place is a mess. Any and every surface made into a reloading bench, dirty dishes filling the sink, various trash items littering the walkways. UGH! Reminds me of my place...' Satire began kicking a rolled up piece of paper out into the hall, destined to follow Jinx around for sometime. What could she be up to? Hopefully not a spy... then again with nihilistic fits overcoming him at times, he would lose care for sides and do as he pleased like supporting a spy. But he didn't feel any such thing overcoming him at the moment.

Kicking the wadded up paper into his receiving hand, he skillfully through like one of his knives and managed to have it hit the back of Jinx's head. Sure it only tapped ever so lightly, but it was enough to get her attention. "Hey! Where are you going? Doin' a little spying, aye?" Before he could wait for a response, he heard a shy voice call out for attention. The curious welcome seemed to be coming from the front door, which is where Satire began to run to before telling Jinx "Don't touch anything I wouldn't! JUST MESSIN'!"...

Out of breath on his approach, he leaned against the wall near the newcomer and tried hiding the sound of his panting. "While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door..." He recited part of The Raven and continued "Raven, right? We were expecting you! That's so Raven!.. cause... the show.. and your.. ANYWAY!"

Satire welcomed Raven inside and took her hand, promising to give her a grand enough tour of "Frank's Castle! Get it?! HA! Yeah I don't either. But my name is Satire!" He began to flop his head around while pronouncing his name slowly to her as if he was a thespian acting out a comedy. Eventually they made it to the meeting room where her card had remained along with a few others. Before Castle could interact, Satire swiped the card and handed it to her and proceeded to ramble. "And they all be like yous is trollin' and I'm like, I ain't trollin'!. But yeah this card is a S.H.I.E.L.D tracking... card. Once your skin makes contact with it, it records DNA info, yo! Then like, you in da system and shit!"

Satire didn't concern himself with acting socially appropriate and enjoyed his chaotic personality. After losing his love from some years ago and the build up of hate for society and world issues, he let poor humor and randomness control him mentally as well as the drive for revenge upon all things crime. Only ending him completely would stop his furious unorthodox war upon crime.

Before heading to the rooftop himself, he offered Raven an explanation on the current state of things and that they had less than twenty minutes now to get to the roof. "So yeah we only have liiiiike less than twenty minutes before this place explodes or something. I kinda forgot but I know we have to get to the roof! I'll debrief you on the current matters whilst we make our way up."

AlyKun17
05-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Raven was quite stricken by the sudden randomness of the Blonde man that greeted her. She wasn't very accustom to randomness since she was a very silent girl who likes to keep to herself but it was worth a shot. She smiled at him as he continued to reference her with Raven Backster from That so raven. She actually knew that character. She tried to laugh at it.

As they moved on in lightning speed, Satire continued his randomness and Raven felt like she had to swallow her pride just to get along with him. He was like Beast boy, loud and annoying and yet Raven found him just a hint bit funnier than her green friend. She smiled at Satire as he handed him her card. She looked at the card bearing her name on it.

"And they all be like yous is trollin' and I'm like, I ain't trollin'!. But yeah this card is a S.H.I.E.L.D tracking... card. Once your skin makes contact with it, it records DNA info, yo! Then like, you in da system and shit!"

That was indeed very fascinating. Maybe Cyborg could do something like that she thought to herself. She couldn't very well pocket her ID card just for the fact that she had no pockets on her. Her outfit was a long sleeved leotard like suit but it left her thigh up to her legs bear. Her belt had a belt with circle designs on them. And her titan communicator at the center circle of her belt. She held her ID in her hands and followed the hazel eyed Satire up to the roof. Her eyes stared upon her Titan communicator and then to her ID in S.H.I.E.L.D. She wasn't transferring teams, She was just being borrowed by S.H.I.E.L.D. Yeah, that was it. She thought to herself as she continued to walk with the ever random Satire.

"So yeah we only have liiiiike less than twenty minutes before this place explodes or something. I kinda forgot but I know we have to get to the roof! I'll debrief you on the current matters whilst we make our way up."

Raven spoke in her determined almost emotionless voice. "Who are the other super heros participating in this?" She wanted to know who she was going to work with. "and why are we heading to London? Anything specific there?" She paused as her cloak followed the flow of her body "Castle as sent me information about such things as what we were dealing with and why but information about my other companions and the reason for the transfer to London is quite unknown to me." She said. Her tone seemed to carry a I mean business tone. She didn't smile, She doesn't often smile. If Castle even read her profile he should know that Raven was a secretive person that rarely reacts to jokes and isn't very social with others.

Walking beside Satire and his cheerfully blinding aura of cheerfulness was blinding Raven but she kept her focus. It would be rude to dismiss him and even Raven didn't want to go on with this mission with out the trust of each one she she had to make friends. Swallow her pride and smile.

AlyKun17
05-01-2012, 05:56 AM
deleted

Pheasant
05-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Jinx was surprised when she heard a very familiar voice flow through the air, dark and apathetic. Yup, that was Raven alright.

She had been transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D. too? Just how bad were things about to get around here?

The Teen Titans as a group had warmed up to Jinx incredibly quickly, considering their...rough history with one another. It had been the first time Jinx had been in that tower since she lead an assault team and captured it a long time ago. Robin had given her a solid pat on the shoulder, Cyborg handed the girl a communicator, and Beast Boy cracked an awful joke that Jinx couldn't even remember now. Raven for the most part during that first day, and the weeks after, remained silent and apathetic towards Jinx.

It was how she acted towards everyone of course, even to the other members of the Titans. Oddly enough however, Jinx had secretly wanted her approval more than Robins.

Jinx fell in line quietly beside the heroine, "Nice to see a familiar face. When did you get transferred to this hole in the ground? I thought that the Titans were out on a task force against some Brotherhood of Evil rejects"

Jacogos
05-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Blah blah blah, twenty minute on the helipad, blah. Got it. Deadpool followed his newfound friend with the spiffy jacket out after the girl he vaguely did not know whose name was Jinx. There was a moment where Deadpool was following, but then... there was this really shiny thing...

About the time that Jinx was speaking to Raven, a large suit of armor began moving toward the trio, holding a large sword. A hollow sounding yell announced its approach alongside the squeal of its rusty hinges, so there wasn't much chance for a surprise attack. Before the rest could react, though, laughter came from the suit and Deadpool put the helmet's visor up, his squinting eyes showing his happiness.

"HA, you guys should've seen your faces! Hah! Oh God, that was rich! Whew!" With a poof, Deadpool teleported out of the suit, leaving the armor to clatter to the floor into a large pile with a ridiculously loud crash. Looking around, he chuckled lightly.

"Hehe. Someone's gonna have to clean that up..." he said to no one in particular. Taking the group back in his sights he waved his hand to the two girls. "Hey there. Name's Deadpool. How are you?" He stuck out his hand, joy buzzer once again strapped to his palm. Oooo boy were they in for a shock!

"So you're Jinx, I caught that, and you're... Raven? Ya see, we don't get much info on you guys down in Marv- I mean... Manhatten." (Whew, close one...) "So what's your gimmick? Bird powers? The Force? By the name, I can think you have some sort of witchy powers, eh Jinxy?" He smirked under the mask, his jests most likely earning him some slaps. Who knows, maybe they have a sense of humor.

AlyKun17
05-02-2012, 03:51 AM
Satire's randomness was one thing but seeing Jinx there, someone who she once saw as an enemy who had just gotten to be part of the Titans was here too then came another joker. She sighed. This was proving to be a big challenge for Raven who preferred peace, tranquility, and aloneness. She breathed in deeply and closed her eyes for a brief moment to try to calm herself down as they all crowded on her.

She turned her head to the cotton candy colored hared girl Jinx. Raven wasn't very welcoming of Jinx when Robin and the others made her an honorary member of the Titans. She wasn't quick in trust people especially since her trust was broken before by Terra. And the fact that Jinx was once a villain in her eyes it was hard to wipe that away but she did try to accept the fact that people can change. She tried to accept the fact that Jinx was a changed person and Kid Flash, another Titan one which she sees as a friend, being the one who helped her become good Raven considered that maybe Jinx has changed. She then spoke to her.

"Nice to see a familiar face. When did you get transferred to this hole in the ground? I thought that the Titans were out on a task force against some Brotherhood of Evil rejects"

"Castle sent and insisted I'd come, Like everyone else. I think Castle got us all here for a reason." She paused as she thought of her other team mates. "I wasn't transferred, I was requested to temporarily take part." She cleared out. She didn't like the idea of transferring teams. Her team was her family. "Robin and the others are on that, He assured me that S.H.I.E.L.D needed me more than they did and that they could handle things by themselves." She paused. "And besides, If we didn't stop this dark matter who knows what the effect of the darkness to those Brotherhood of evil rejects." She said in her usual cold, almost emotionless tone. But anyone who knew Raven would actually take just the thought of her talking as a compliment since Raven was not one to talk alot.

She then turned to the other random man that approached them. She didn't really find his joke amusing given the fact that she wasn't easily amused. She would have given him a negative comment if it weren't rude. But Raven calmed down and tried to be friendly.

"you're... Raven?"

"Yes, I am." She paused a bit. "I have various powers. I have more than one but most having to do with Magic and Levitation, levitation of both self and inanimate objects." She Looked at Jinx who probably knew about her powers, and then back at Deadpool " If given the chance in this mission, you will find out my other powers soon enough." giving deadpool a sense of mystery about raven's being.

They kept moving forward was they all followed Satire up to the roof. This mission was proving itself very challenging and that was only the company! Given the fact that these were on 3 of the other superheros in this facility who knows what other personalities would clash with Raven. She would really have to swallow her pride here and meditate more as she would need to keep herself calm since she wasn't in her own home. None of these people were beast boy so she could not very well call them stupid or annoying. She had to keep her cool and be calm and just keep on smiling.

Nightrel
05-02-2012, 05:30 AM
The meeting was dismissed and Elena quickly swept up her bag before heading off into the hallways, searching for her assigned room. After about ten minutes (The place is like a maze!) she finally came upon her room. Taking her card out, she swiped the card into the lock. With an audible click she turned the handle and opened the door walking into the room. It was nice and simple. Easy to decorate into her own little style if she really wanted too. With that in mind she closed the door behind her, going over to the bed and plopping down on it. They only had twenty minutes before they were to meet at the rooftop for their first mission. It was a little nerve-racking and she didn’t know what to expect. Sure it was just to help evacuate and such, but everything was never as it seems. She knows that all too well. Elena set her backpack in her lap, unzipping the bag and shuffling through the contents. She didn’t bring much, just extra clothing, the basic necessities, money, her weapons and of course her sketchbook. She never goes anywhere without it and her pencils, though she doubted she would have that much free time. Elena quickly unpacked her things, putting the sketchbook away last on the nightstand. She was already dressed in her uniform so she didn’t have to change. All that she had to do was equip herself and then she was ready. With her weapons left in the bag she went to the bathroom, pulling out the sword and turning her back towards the mirror. She looked over her shoulder to see and attached the blade vertically across around the middle of her back. Grabbing the knives she strapped one to her arm underneath the sleeve to hide it. With the other two she clipped them onto her belt with her small pouch that contained basic first aid. Elena turned back around, and re-fastened her clawed gloves, making sure they were snug. She looked up at her reflection, nodding her head in approval. She was ready.

Making sure she had put her I.D card away correctly in her pouch, she walked out, softly closing the door behind her before making her way through the hallways again. Elena hoped that she would be able to find the staircase to the rooftop without too much trouble. A sudden crash echoed, causing her to literally jump a foot in the air, startled. After confirming they weren’t under attack, she realized it was probably either Deadpool or Satire. “Of course” She mumbled, rounding the corner to see a pile of armor in the middle of the hall. Either one of them must have been messing around with the suit. Where in the world did they get it from anyways? She shook her head, passing the metal pile. Well if she continued down this hall, she would probably run into them in which no doubt they were making their way to the rooftop. Sure enough she caught up to a group of who she instantly recognized as deadpool and satire. Jinx was with them as well talking to someone in a blue cloak. She didn’t see her at the meeting so she must have just arrived at the last minute. Elena didn’t really want Deadpool or satire to see her and then start messing around again, so she followed quietly but didn’t even bother to try to be discreet. She doubted the two mayhem makers, would realize that she was there anyways.