PDA

View Full Version : The Enlightened Ones - Pro-Darkness HQ

Imp
02-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Veidt Tower stands like a beacon of hope over the gaunt landscape. The sun hasn't kissed the face of New York City for some time since the Darkness has clouded it. The grey sky looks sadly upon the doomed Earth below and sheds heavy tears. Smoke trails from unseen fires in the distance only add to the daunting sense many gather as they look out their windows. Condensation builds on the inside of these windows due to heaters countering the cold of the outside.

Behind one of the highest windows of Veidt Tower stands the confident Ozymandias in full costume. His hands held tightly behind his back while his eyes peer out over the dreary cityscape. He was plotting against the Darkness: conceiving plan after plan in halting the coming threat. Surely soon enough would those sharing similar ideas be welcomed into his conference room. Adrian understood the popularity for the Enlightened Ones was greatly lacking, but proving to this world of the possibilities that Darkness could bring would then put the faction at Earth's helm.

The large round metal table, centered perfectly, awaits the group. Adrian has already setup a holographic projector in the center of the table to allow for easier understanding for the more simple minded of his comrades. His trusted secretary stands by, welcoming requests for beverages from the guests. To add to the warm atmosphere of the room, Mozart's Requiem Aeternam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl0DcMUmlMU) plays gently in the background. All was almost set as now the pieces to the puzzle just needed to be placed comfortably in the idle chairs...

SikstaSlathalin
02-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Darkness, the one true natural state of the Universe, light is nothing but a parasite created by bugs too afraid to live in the blackness. But not The Void the embodiment of darkness itself, born in the mind of a deranged man but given true life when the man ingested a serum that made him the ultimate human but his mind was split so two beings of ultimate power were created one of light and sickening goodness and the other of darkness and pure chaos the Darkness in bodily form. He saw this as a perfect chance to become a true god with the Darkness working like the fabled Wild Hunt of ancient lore unstoppable and unending until the Lord of the Wild Hunt himself calls it back that will be the Void but even he couldn't harness the Darkness himself he needed more bodies.

He needed the Pro Darkness group or the Enlightened Ones as the human named Veidt called them. The Void didn't care about names or fancy ideologies he just wanted the darkness nothing more and nothing less. He didn't care how many he had to break to get to it or how many hands he had to shake and mouths he had to have small talk with, he would get it and no one short of his blood enemy Sentry or the Gods themselves could stop him. Not caring about humans and their guards he walked quickly to where he figured Veidt would be. The elevator dinged and out walks The Void in the form of a tall Caucasian male in a black trench coat, pinstripe suit, and fedora looking every inch the 1920's mobster.
"Hello Adrian, how's tricks?" He asks his voice sounding sweet but a smart man like Veidt would be able to tell the malice under the words.

CuteLilRedhead
02-22-2012, 11:05 AM
All she wanted was to be able to get what she wanted. She could have chose either side really but being Catwoman she knew that darkness was on her side, she had the qualities she needed to be able to defeat whomever she had to in the darkness. Her eyes adjusted to the dark, her reflexes were astounding, not to brag or anything. All she wanted out of this whole thing was to keep getting what she wanted. Nothing more, nothing less.

Walking into the conference room looking at the two men who were already there. Well if this was the crew she had so far then she might as well leave. Perhaps if she had made a fashionable tardy then she wouldn't have been so disappointed. Oh well, at least Ivy wasn't there.

"Hello, gentlemen." She smirked and walked up to whom she thought was The Void but she could never keep up with all the new men in tights popping in and out of her life. She tip toed her nails up his chest and smirked. "How are we doing this fine... night?" She chuckled softly moving away from The Void and picking a chair to sit in where she licked her wrist then washed over her right ear.

Chip the 3rd
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
[BLANKED OUT BY USER]

Housemaster
02-24-2012, 06:38 AM
"Name and business?"

The lone man in the trench coat remained silent, his sombre figure darkening his surroundings like a virus robbing the colour from everything around him. The front desk of the Veidt Tower was currently staffed by a bored looking woman who seemed somewhat bothered by this newcomer. He was wearing a dark-brown trench coat with a matching city-fedora to match. His face was entirely hidden in shadow, and it almost seemed as if violins were playing a soft dirge in the background.

"Sir?" The madam inquired, still getting no clear answer from the strange man.

"I...I.." he started, "I told her, that..." he started to break down and cry, "I was n-never going to give her up!"

The entire front desk took notice of his scene, and the security quickly caught wind of the drama. A few rough looking officers quickly presented themselves and warned the mysterious man to leave if he had no business with them.

"I.. I do have.. one thing to say..." the man spoke, voice trembling with his sulks.

One of the security officers was becoming impatient, "Well?" he waited, "Out with it!"

The lights suddenly exploded with bright light as the man quickly jumped into a funky beat. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0) Big Head quickly flinged his hat across the room onto a conveniently placed hat-rack. as he boogied a little more. He was now sporting some rad sunglasses as he leaped on the front desk countertop. He started singing:

"We're no strangers to loooooooove... you know the rules, and so do I!
A full commitment's what's I'm thinking oooofffff... You wouldn't get this from any other guy!"

As he was singing, the guards and counter staff felt an irresistible urge, something like an itch, and the only thing to help this itch was to boogie-dance along with the green-faced odd-ball.

"Never gonna give you up!
Never gonna let you down!
Never gonna run around and desert you!
Never gonna make you cry!
Never gonna saaay goodbye!
Never gonna tell a liiiiiie and hurt you!"

The music, coming from some unknown source, was simply infectious. It was not too long before the entire lobby of the Viedt Tower was forming a conga line all the way to the elevator... that was when one security officer suddenly snapped out of the musical trance.

"C-c-conga... Hey... WAIT STOP RIGHT THERE!"

Big Head was sneaking in bags of unauthorized weapons while everyone was busy dancing. Giving a sly grin, the trouble-maker quickly zipped to the open Elevator and ducked in before the officers could reach him... amongst the enormous conga-jams. *beeeeeeeep* The door closed and the elevator began its ascension to Adrian Viedt's meeting room. When the elevator reached its destination, the doors slowly opened as an erie mist began to ooze out of its confines. Big Head emerged, dressed like a caveman from a poorly budgeted children's film, carrying three hefty bags of guns.

"Me... Bring... Booms!" he grunted, as he poured the weapons on the floor.

Assult-rifles, hand grenades, anti-tank missiles, sharpened bits of wood... all different shapes and sizes of weapons were laid out like an unorganized kleptomaniac's fond weapon collection. It was probably safe to say that Adrian had a vast collection of weapons if needed, but for some reason, Big Head felt the need to show that he could show up with anything that needed showing up with...

"Need... woman!" He harked once more in his poor cave-man accent as he jumped up and down, pounding on his chest like a gorilla.

Black
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Smoke poured into the room as the elevator clicked to a gentle stop. Green gas flooded the room, however unlike the usual deadly venom, this gas didn't cause the breathers to stretch into horrible Joker Grins.

"Ha! Hahahahahah! HA!, I got you Kiddies!" Joker's wide yellow grin was visible through the gas, his ruby red lips ringed the gleaming yellow teeth as he stepped into the open view. "You should have seen the look on Cat-woman's FACE! It was.... To DIE for!" Joker shrieked with glee which eventually died down to a maddening chuckle as he sauntered into the room and took a seat at the middle area of the table.

"What, don't any of you have a sense of humour? Jeeze you're all so... Glum. I feel like a Clown who just walked into a funeral home," Joker smiled a bit at his own wit and settled comfortably into his chair, putting his boots up on the desk. "Lets get this started, Kitties"

Chip the 3rd
02-24-2012, 03:19 PM
[BLANKED OUT BY USER]

CuteLilRedhead
02-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Catwoman started to file her nails making them nice and sharp when The Mask made his entrance and Catwoman almost got up to leave. She was not a big fan of the man with the green face and she wasn't happy to see him walk through the door. "Need....Woman..." Oh the nerve of him. No wonder he was alone, no girl would stand him. His true identity was probably just as annoying but she didn't care either way.

"Well Mask, how lovely to see that you and I are teammates.... Maybe I should reconsider. Perhaps the light isn't so bad." Catwoman pondered to herself though she knew that the darkness was the only thing she wanted. She sighed and continued to file her names. That was until a green smoke came from the elevator and she tensed. Her eyes got big and she backed away from it, heading to the window to make her escape.

When The Jokers laugh was heard she hissed at him. "Oh yes, ha ha ha, Very funny. And my face was not that funny." She rolled her eyes and went back to her chair. "Great two clowns on the same team... You all would be doomed if you didn't have me." Catwoman smiled at Veidt. "You should really be thanking me."

Flex
02-25-2012, 07:44 AM
As of late, society had taken a turn for the better. That was Harley’s opinion, anyway -- she preferred the darkness (always had): when studying Psychiatry, the more twisted and frightening aspects of humanity had always had her on the edge of her seat. Normalcy, on the other hand, was a total drag (boooring!), but, luckily enough, no longer an issue for her. After all, Mister J’s schemes were more than satisfying.

Emerging from the plumes of gas that had erupted from the elevator, the Joker’s raccoon-ringed aide-de-camp giggled in pure ecstasy. “Wasn’t that just greaaaat, puddin’?” she simpered, with a voice so irritatingly vapid and nasal that it cut through all the tension in the room. She gleefully ruffled the green mane of the Crown Prince of Crime amid a fit of giggles. “He’s sooo creative.” She complemented the last line by bringing her hands together in lovesick awe and falling into her seat with a vacuous sigh.

As Harley came face-to-face with the pea-green freak at the opposite end of the room, she faux-baulked. Perhaps her being the inamorata of, hands down, THE most desirable man to grace planet Earth (bar none) had left her a little spoiled; perhaps it had raised her expectations that teensy bit higher in regards to the rest of mankind.

After all, not all men -- in fact, no man at all -- was capable of competing with the godly, telegenic, Adonis-esque gifts of Mr. J, himself: that radiant Cheshire Cat smirk framed by those fabulous ruby lips; flawless, porcelain skin that looked as if it had never seen the sun; an IQ of infinite digits; ominous eyes that burned with rancor; and, last… but definitely not least -- that rugged, turquoise head of hair. Just the mere thought of her boss had Harley shivering with delight. She fanned herself theatrically. Mood much improved, she swiveled around, frown upside down, ready to meet the rest of her cohort.

Oh, and of course she had to be here -- that curvaceous cupcake Catwoman, her eyes eerily intense as she fastidiously filed her nails. Classic attention whore. With that hourglass figure, Selina was easily the type of woman that Harley would have unequivocally despised during her high-school days, but it was her recent revelation that the feminine feline had perhaps enjoyed relations with her very own Puddin’ in the past that had thrown Harley into a series of spasms-cum-manic fits.

She was tempted to snub the woman, but… then again… it was always useful to stay au fait with the high-rolling celebrity villains of the hour. “Well, Selina, what’s a surpriiiiiise,” Harley cooed, swinging her legs up onto the table with a gymnast’s ease, displaying her latest pumps for all to see -- ebony straps with blood-red heels. “So,” she chirpily demanded, her eyes dancing madly between The Mask, The Void and Catwoman, “what’s the 411? What is UP?”

CuteLilRedhead
02-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Catwoman rolled her eyes as Harley came in. "I take it back, three clowns. Or maybe two and a half. I'm not sure Harley even counts as a full clown." Catwoman laughed and set her nail file aside to make sure she could get under Harley's skin without any distraction. That woman always hated her because of her interest in Harley's.... um... 'puddin'. She hissed when she used the name Selina. "Yes, Harley, what a pleasant surprise. I am so glad to see you. Well, maybe 'glad' is the wrong word for a woman such as yourself." Selina smiled a sharp smile. "Perhaps the word is, disgusted, or abomination, an absolute catastrophic coincidence. The list can go on and on, darling. Shall I continue?" Catwoman's eyes shot to hers to see Harley's reaction. Just for good measure, Selina ran her eyes up and down Joker and gave him a sweet smile. "Joker, darling, how wonderful to see you, again."

Black
02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Joker watched with a bemused smile as the tension between the two females heightened. "Now LADIES, there is no need to fight over little old MEEEEE," His voice trailed off into a high squeak of an E towards the end as he eyed both girls manically. "There is PLENTY of the Joker to go AROUND, no need to fight, no need to fight," Joker cackled a bit as he leaned back. "In fact, I believe I have something around here that would suit the BOTH of you quite nicely! Now erm... Well... Lets seeeeeeee...."

The Joker rummaged around in his sleeves pulling out various joker gags, a pair of clacking teeth that dropped onto the table and immediately began to chatter around, a clown nose that bounced onto the table and rolled away, and all other sorts of cheap party favors. Eventually He seemed to find what he was rummaging for and with a famous and theatrical "AHA!" He pulled out a bouquet of wilting flowers and a ball of yarn. The ball of yarn he tossed and giggled as it unrolled in front of Selena. The Bouquet of flowers he handed to Harley, Crooning softly in her ears, "There's plenty of woman in the world but only ONE... Erm.... What was your name again... Oh I think it started with an H... Helen? Hector? Helen? Oh me oh my oh dear...," The Joker seemed disturbed at his loss of her name until eventually he snapped his fingers and shouted. "OH RIGHT!! Hoooowwww silly of me! Your name is Jessebell Martina Laquina Dafina The Third! Or maybe it was Harley.... Gotta say I prefer the former," Joker cackled with glee.

"Im just teeaaaasinnnnnng Harley. How could I EVER forget the name of my favorite and most reliable helper and lieutenant! Why if it weren't for you the BATS would have gotten me AGES ago!!! So who caaaaressss if you've botched and bitched a few of my plaaaans!? It makes the final joke alllllllll the more INTERESTING,"

After that Jokers eyes settled on The Mask and for a moment he seemed to ponder the green faced villain, his intense green eyes focused so uncharacteristically on him. Then his face split into a wide smile and he cackled once again.

Imp
02-25-2012, 07:44 PM
The present group of Enlightened Ones were quite valuable to Adrian. To others, they would seem like a crew of misfits incapable of cooperation. After the rowdiness subsided to nothing more than friendly chatter, Adrian made himself the dominant figure in the room. Now that enough had arrived, it was time to present the group with the introduction and reason why they joined.

As the others were settled in their chairs, Adrian remained standing and took from the stark white table a remote and proceeded to press several buttons. "Welcome." He spoke gently as the lights dimmed in the room and a light blue holographic presentation began to form above the center of the table. Once the presentation finished loading, an image of Earth appeared. Several regions on it in red represented the support for Pro-Darkness while most of the rest was in green for Anti-Darkness.

"About 68% to 75% of the world supports the Anti-Darkness Alliance. SHIELD is one reason due to their fiendish grasp upon the world that forces countries into joining their cause. The other is our so-called villainous supporter, HYDRA." Adrian paused to allow the hologram to zoom into England.

"However, a recent uprising in England has blackballed many SHIELD agents and razed their compound. With that, England is now neutral in the decision for which side to join and so we must incite them to see the light. With their support, Europe should collapse and reform under Pro-Darkness rule thanks to HYDRA gaining favor from Asia and eastern Europe." A map of London formed from the flickering image of England.

"The A.D.A. is sending an attack force into London to secure it and take what never belonged to them in the first place. Intel is unable to inform us of who has joined their side thanks to SHIELD keeping matters dark. All we do know is Frank Castle is supposedly leading the troops but there may be another figure influencing him. Before I continue, any questions thus far?" Adrian hoped everyone was able to maintain attention to his debriefing of the London campaign.

Black
02-25-2012, 08:15 PM
"Hmm.... This seems like an interesting predicament you're in here. Frank Castle is a walking army unto himself. When you throw in a few SHIELD agents... Well the joke becomes a bit sour," Joker leaned back in his chair and seemed to give the situation some very serious thought. "What you've got in this room are quite a few... Environment un-friendly Lieutenants. If Harley and I or the Big Headed fellow were to go into that city it'd likely turn the populace against us. We're not civilian friendly," Joker cracked a smile, "I would launch an attack on the area SHIELD pulled troops and Frank Castle from. An all out war with ME! The Fabulous JOKER leading the charge! On a white horse! WITH A SWORD! HA! HA! HA!" Joker subsided into a fit of giggles that shook his bony frame. Then he quieted down and leaned forward, taking his boots off the table.

Placing his head on his intertwined hands the Joker looked up from under his turquoise hair and a sinister look gleamed in his eyes, "We can take this chance to wipe a SHIELD forward post off of the map and teach the citizens of that city what it means to side with the wrong side. To side with the LOSING team! Allow me and my dear Harley, and even the Mask to go into the city that has been drained of it's agents and it's protector," Jokers face pulled into a sinister smile, something far beyond his usually impish grin.

"I can see it now," he whispered as if in a trance, "We would blow up a few police buildings and draw SHIELD agents out into the open, Harley and Mask could tear them to SMITHEREENS," Jokers voice rose into a gleeful shout on the last word before returning to the quiet drawl, "And while the 'Hhhhhheroes'," he drew out the word Heroes with no small amount of disdain, "are distracted I, the Joker, could sneak in with a few Goons and wipe out the base! I could kidnap the mayor! I could kill EVERYONE! Or no one. I could hold the entire city hostage and force some demands in with Shield. . . Sooo many possibilities!"

Housemaster
02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
"England?" Big Head's face twisted with a bright green smile, now presenting himself in his traditional yellow zoot-suit. "Sounds fantastic! I always wanted to bag me an english citizen... Dealing with Americans over and over again has gotten rather boring to no end... and I heard they don't have much in the lines of guns over there..." He eyed the pile of weapons he recently dumped on the floor, "They're gonna love me..."

He sauntered over to one of the chairs and jumped right into it, feet up on the table with a lit cigar puffing in his mouth. Glancing around the room at the current collection of members, Big Head could not help but grin. "Gotta hand it to you Mr. Veidt... you can cook up one mean lookin' group!"

Lord Chaos, The Void, Bad Samaritan, The Joker... plus some women with attitude wearing tight little outfits, Miss Kitty-Catwoman, and the overly smitten/emotionally unstable Harley Quinn. News of the Punisher leading a counter against their operations? That man is easier to upset then an angry boy attached to an Xbox game! It was looking like Mr. Veidt was planning something big, but regardless of what he has set in his plans... who could possibly predict the actions of yours truly?

"If there's anywhere you wish to cause trouble, just point me in the direction and I'll be glad to oblige some delicious chaos... I could possibly even bag one of your enemies for ya! Have em' put on little ol' me to mess with their mind..."

He then heard the Joker's input on how exactly they would be perceived by the public, "Oh tosh you Mr. Ker... I could care less about the public's view on me. Nothing some fear and despair can't control... he he... 'control' gotta love that joke of a word!"

Big Head laughed loudly as he coughed up some blood, "Whoops... heh heh..." he wiped the blood from his lips, "Forgot I captured this one right after he got shot... Sorry fellas, but I'm only gonna last for another twenty minutes or so before I pop off this guy! Unless..." The size of his face was comically enormous and terrifying. ".. any of you lovely folk wants to try me on for size?"

SikstaSlathalin
02-25-2012, 11:56 PM
The Void kept his mouth closed and his hat down over his eyes, he was surrounded by wastes of super powers and psychos who laugh too much, he wanted to rip the mask right off The Mask and force feed it into The Joker's grin then use Harley to break the idiotic clown's grinning skull then snap the girl's spine over his knee. The only ones he didn't immediately dislike were Veidt and Cat-Woman. They at least had enough sense to keep quiet most of the time, the others he was sure they'd cause as much if not more harm than good for the group if they were given any kind of delicate situation. When they were asked to sit The Void took a seat far away from the insane part of the room as he could he knew he'd kill one of them if he sat too close.

The London campaign worked itself into the dark twisting mind of The Void and he was already sizing up the potentially best areas to take over and the buildings they'd use as bases to fight back the A.D.A. He'd voice his opinions but all he wanted was to find his old friend Sentry and put a world of hurt on the sickeningly good blond headed bastard. They were like identical twins they always knew where the other was at all times, but neither of them were dumb enough to hunt the other down when in a base like they were in. Veidt talked about what they knew on the other sides numbers Castle was the obvious choice since Kent was gone but there was one more who needed to be mentioned.
"Sentry will be with Castle, and anyone not wanting a very quick death will do best to avoid him, he's my enemy and only I will have the pleasure of killing him but if any of you can't get that through your thick skulls then you'll have a very slow death by mine own hand. If you thought your heads were troubled now just wait until I get a hold of them, you'll throw yourselves into Sentry's light just to escape me." A server was coming up the elevator to do a periodic check to see if anyone wanted anything. He was a good looking young man with a new wedding band shining on his finger.

Perfect example. Thought Void, before the young man could utter a word the room darkened, Void's eyes glowed with the yellow fires of hell and then he shot an Infini-Tendrill into the young man's chest making him smash into the closed elevator door. Now that alone would've been enough to knock any fight out of even the most hardened Super but Void never does things half way with the twist of his wrist the young man's head was destroyed with every horrible thing that has happened ,is happening, and ever will happen in his pitiful life. The room which once was filled with idle chatter and the buzz of the projector was replaced by the horrible and ear deafening scream of the young man as he saw the abuse of his mother, the rape of his first girlfriend then the subsequent court case he was losing over the crime, the death of his first three children in a car accident 10 years down the road, all these tragedies plus hundreds more ripped their way around his head decimating his sanity, ending his happiness, and turning him into a gibbering mass of skin and bones. And just because he didn't want to listen to the man's cries he topped off the example of his skill by walking over and kneeling down lifting the man's head gently shushing him like a father would a child that had a nightmare.
"It's ok little friend it will all be over soon." The young man quieted down relaxing into Void's arms even smiling a little but then the monster simply broke the man's neck with a quick sickening pop then dropping his head like piece of trash. He smiled rather enjoying destroying this bug of a human more than he actually intended to. The room returned to normal and his eyes stopped glowing as brightly looking up from the dead man he nodded to the room locking eyes with everyone.
"Exactly that if you try to take my enemy from me and somehow survive his attack." Moving on like nothing had happened he looked at the screen and said. "I say we take the Palace first."

Flex
02-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Well, THIS was slowly unfolding as one of the worst evenings ever. As the evil superpowers in the room odiously opined and basked in their own brilliance, Harley silently seethed. As if her vicious altercation with America’s most famous cat hadn’t been bad enough, Mr. J just haaaad to rub salt into her wounds when he called her his “helper” (not to mention faux-forgetting her nom de guerre) amongst their esteemed evening company.

A lifetime as the lieutenant of the most incredible man in the world -- nothing more, nothing less? At the time, Harley couldn’t imagine anything more anticlimactic. She was dying to rush to her calendar the moment the meeting was adjourned and highlight tonight as the most embarrassing of her life. Pulling the cherry out of her martini, Harley proceeded to devour it in bitter bites. She plucked a dead daisy from the withering bouquet the Joker had presented to her earlier and dismally swirled it in her drink, intermittently shooting daggers in Catwoman’s direction.

It was only as Mr. J came to life, allowing everyone in the room a temporary window into the twistedly surreal mechanics of his mind that her mood made a 360 degree turn. She clasped her eyes in starry-eyed adoration and swayed in her seat, nodding excitedly at her colleagues, double-wide grin in place.

“We could blow up a few police buildings and draw SHIELD agents out into the open…” Harley fervently repeated the Joker’s words under her breath, and when he rounded up with his reel, burst out in thunderous applause. “That was amaaaazing, Puddin’,” she sniffed, her hands aching from the intense clapping. “Isn’t he just the greaaatest?” She shook her head in wonderment.

As the meeting progressed, Harley eagerly paid attention to her heinous comrades. “I completely agree,” she divulged to the Mask (in that banana-yellow suit of his that she secretly coveted) after he expressed his thoughts on the general public. “I used to be the type of gal who’d spend entire summer evenings poring over glossy mags, you know? Catching up on the latest celebs and all that jazz, and then a few months ago… I don’t know if you read it…” she trailed off, hiccupping emotionally.

“Well,” she continued, “People magazine did this huge cover article on me and I was sooo thrilled…” -- she lit up with raucous squeals to show how excited she had been -- “… but it was just awful. They painted me as this sap with Stockholm Syndrome.” She scoffed, her eyes glittering with angry tears. “I mean, the pathetic paparazzi don’t even know me and they don’t even ask for an interview or aaaanything; they just say, ‘oh, yeah, Harley Quinn -- she’s a joke’ and then go off and glorify some nondescript psycho like Frank Castle with a six-year-old locked up in his basement. I mean, helloooo?” Harley giggled and flittered with annoyance.

She had just wrapped up with her rant when a bloodcurdling scream directed her attention to The Void butchering some kid by the elevator outside the meeting room. She looked around at the others with a strained smile, her eyes doing all the talking: “This guy is suuuch a draaaag…” When The Void was done with his ‘little friend’, he returned to the room, warning them all that they’d suffer the same fate as his headless pal if they went behind his back. Harley giggled incredulously and took another sip from her martini.

CuteLilRedhead
02-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Catwoman listened to The Joker go on about his idea. A little over the top for her taste, though. Then Harley did her adoring fan routine which, honestly made Selina sick. Her eyes shifted to The Mask as he gave his two cents and really that was just as bad as the first. Though she wouldn't mind seeing him blow to bits once his distraction failed. Harley then spoke up again. She was about two sentences into her magazine speech when Catwoman spoke, "Harley, darling, no one gives a damn about your failed attempt to be somebody. We are trying to make a plan, not die of boredom. You run after your puddin' like a lost puppy and that in itself makes me ill. I would be heartbroken to see you on one of my favorite magazine. Trust me, dear, that place is not for fragile girls such as yourself. You are much better being Joker's side kick."

It was then that the Void spoke of his claim on Sentry. She had no intentions of getting herself killed so she took his warning to heart. Then the boy come in and for a moment, Catwoman thought he had an adorable little smile. Until the brutality began and right before her eyes the boy was killed. "Awe, poor little fella. I could have kept him as a pet." She frowned slightly right before Void put the kid out of his misery. She raised an eyebrow as she planned something she didn't even know the outcome of. Her goal was to survive and that was exactly what she was going to do.
'
"Well, I guess I shall have to wait on my Sapphire Sin, then." Was all she commented on the subject then turned back to the table, ignoring every look that Harley would most likely be giving her. The girl simply didn't know how to cat fight, but Selina would love to give her a lesson or two. As for the Mask and the Joker, they were annoying but she had to deal with them. They might be what stops her from getting killed in this beautiful mess she was involved in.

Housemaster
02-26-2012, 07:42 AM
It was just as Catwoman began to retort to Harley's sob story of almost becoming popular in a glam-magazine that his eyes were beaming with anticipation, hungering for every bit of madness between the two women. Seemingly grabbing a bag of movie-style popcorn out of nowhere, Big-Head leaned on his chair towards the two women. When the Kitty stopped her verbal rampage on Miss Quinn and turned to address the sombre "dunt no one kill my dood" story from the void that was The Void, he absolutely had to protest.

"Oh please my dears... please oh please!" he shook his bag of popcorn, taking a sip of his soda (that he mysteriously acquired as well) "Please do go on, I've only eighteen minutes left in this useless body till I'm a block of wood again... Give daddy a show!"

Lost Goddess
02-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Adrianna stepped into the elevator in the Veidt building. She was late for the meeting already, but she had many more years to live; What does a few minutes being late matter. She waited until the elevator doors closed and once the doors closed she whispered while holding the amulet around her neck " I am Isis!", and the whole of the elevator shaft lit up a brilliant golden light that could be mistaken as Sentry's glowing aura. Adrianna felt the powers of Isis flowing through her veins and then she had reached the floor where the meeting was being held and the doors opened letting loose the bright golden light; Filling up the room as if the sun had come into that very building.

As the light faded Isis's form came into view, though she showed no emotion on her face, she was rater nervous. She had always fought neutral in the past, but something had made her choose to fight with the darkness this time. She looked around at the interior of the building and then said with a slight sound of disgust in her voice " You need more plants", that simple statement satisfied her needs to say something. She then paused and looked at the group " I am Isis, for those of you who do not know me though i know half of you. I do not know all of you", she then took her place at her seat, but before she sat down she waved her hand at the seat and the seat itself changed still keeping its form just being overgrown with plant life that was sustained by Isis' own energy. She sat in the seat and began growing a small red rose in the palm of her hand.

Flex
02-28-2012, 08:28 AM
When Catwoman mercilessly unleashed a barrage of insults on her, all delivered in her trademark debonair fashion, Harley was shocked into speechless submission. Her mind left her body in a whoosh of stupor, her ears overloaded with reality's jarring ring. Minutes later (it felt like eons), as she tentatively allowed herself an assessment of the last five minutes, a flush of embarrassment gave birth within her cheeks. Soon she sat at that wretched roundtable, glaring at her colleagues, as red as Rudolph’s nose.

There they were: the uniformly suave Adrian Veidt, his head adorned in those luminous golden locks; the Void, smoldering with intensity; the Mask preoccupied with his own wit; her very own Mr. J who had been so excruciatingly reluctant to rush to her aid all night; and last -- and definitely least -- the talon-tongued Catwoman. Harley’s latest nemesis sat in an aura of complacency, sharp nails drumming at the table, eyebrows raised in perfect slants, sensuous lips curved in malice… She was revolting. As her anger reached an off-the-charts high, Harley snatched Big Head’s popcorn box on a sudden whim of rapacious hunger and indulged herself in monstrous mouthfuls. Food for thought.

As her anger augmented, she took a swig from her martini, chucked the popcorn box to a side and grabbed her withering bouquet. While Harley didn't have Selina's gift-of-the-gab, she was more than willing to try. “That… is… it,” she snarled at Catwoman. She leaped onto the table, performing a handstand. “You come here in that…” -- she laughed -- “…that slutty get-up… and expect to be taken seriously? Bitch, pleaaaaase.” The bells of her hat jingled as she stretched out across the table, glaring daggers at Selina Kyle.

“You’ve tried soooo hard to be taken sooo seriously all your life -- ‘oh, look, at me with my little cat ears and my little kitty tail’…” she wobbled around on the table in a pathetic pantomime, achieving what appeared to be an epileptic fit. “You try so hard to be seen eye-to-eye, but what you don’t know is that it will... alwaaaaays... be... eye-to-crotch.” At that she laughed. “And what do you expect? With thooose bazooms?” she flippantly demanded, gesturing at Selina’s girls. “And believe me,” she gushed on a confidential note, quirking an eyebrow in derision, “you are NOT fooling anyone with those. I’ve seen less plastic in a Tupperware factory.” She spared them another exaggerated look and burst out in cynical, glittery giggles. “You could feed half of the starving kids in Africa with those suckers -- may as well just donate yourself to charity; give up the criminal lifestyle. You are not meaaaant to be heeere.” Monologue over, she leaped off the table, brandishing her flowers in a frivolous flourish. “So, it’s on… bitch…” she spat through gritted teeth, “it’s frigging… on…”

As she prepared to leap across the table at Catwoman and rip her face apart with roses well past their prime, the elevator rumbled and burst out in golden, ethereal light. Eyes widening in confusion, Harley stumbled back in fear as the room trembled… almost in anticipation… and a bronze aura consumed everything. She shrieked and ducked for cover under the table as the elevator door opened and Isis made her memorable entrance. Sighing with relief, Harley popped out from her hiding place, amid a jingle of bells. Hopefully Selina hadn’t seen her.

“Well, you’re late,” Harley brightly quipped, addressing the newcomer, “fashionably late, some would say.” She confidently brought a hand to her hip and drew her attention back to Catwoman, her eyes narrowing into malicious slits. “But you needn’t fret” -- hydrangeas-in-hand, she advanced on the femme feline -- “this party’s… just… getting… started.”

CuteLilRedhead
02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Catwoman sat there while Harley got her panties in a bind. Taking every verbal abuse Harley had in her. Her acrobatic act on the table wasn't impressing and seeing her almost lose her balance here and there was all that was keeping Selina's attention. Then the comment came about her bosom and with fire in her heart and she was ready to tear this girl apart bell by bell. "Excuse me?" Selina began but was interrupted by the light of Isis came into the room.

Once the excitement of that was over and Harley's annoying little voice came back Catwoman shot daggers with her eyes. "Now Harley, I know you are jealous of my beautiful bosom, I mean who wouldn't be? But just because you are only working with an A cup, that is not my fault. I feel like that has to go to the genetics. I am all natural and if you don't believe me ask puddin' over there. He should be more than happy inform you of all the fun I can bring forth, using more than a little acrobatics."

Catwoman paused to let that sink in then continued. "I have also be blessed with a costume that not only compliments my body, but makes it more noticeable to the eye. Honey, I made this in the dark and it came out a hell of a lot better than yours. It doesn't make my thighs look massive, nor does it make my head look like an over blown balloon. Though maybe that's not the outfits fault, maybe this is also a blame that should go to the genetics. You're head might even be too full of hot air for you to come up with a decent come back."

Catwoman rose and walked across the table with joy, "I may be flirty sweetheart but it's better than being the class clown. It's better than going after a man who doesn't even know I'm there. Trust me, Harley, if you were to disappear, Joker here would have a new Harley, or Haley, or Hannah, before you had the chance to say goodbye." With that Catwoman clawed at her head and allowed a bell to fall from her joker attire and fall to the ground.

"Lastly, dear, I belong here even more than you do. You don't even belong here. What is so super about you? You are a clown with no smarts, nor talents. Big Head over there has more to bring to the table than you, and he has a time limit of power." Catwoman said, her words like poison hoping that she would take in ever ounce of what she was saying. She drew her claws and prepared for a battle. One hand hovering over her whip. Bring it on, Harley. She thought with a small smile inching across her lips.

Black
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Joker watched the goings on in the room over the past several minutes with mild disinterest. His frown grew ever more pronounced as the table dragged itself away from the business at hand and into chaos. Void killed some poor kid after seeming irritated over Big Head, and my very own, display of theatrics. Hypocritical to say the least, but that doesn't matter. Void had a point to make and he made it. He'd at least shut up now. Then Selena and his dear old Harley started up with the torrential abuse at each other. Jokers eye twitched and a blood vien pulsed on his head. He was contemplating saying something when Isis joined the room and took her seat at the table. She had a very flashy entrance which joker approved of somewhere in the back of his mind, but it still irritated him that the meeting was being further disrupted. Then Harley started up yet again with more abuse for Selena. More of a bother. These two idiots were keeping the best clown IN THE WORLD from his important business with such petty things as looks.

How dare they, two women of a lesser intellect than most people in the room, interrupt when they were in the middle of a war. It was one thing to make a flashy entrance and crack a wise joke or two. But to carry on viciously ruining the semblance of teamwork needed to beat the Shield and accomplish their goals? If these two couldn't get along then Joker would dismiss them both...

Violently

"Harley," said Joker with a frown plastered on his face. It was usually reserved for Batman and people who seriously vexed him. He had almost never used it on his lovely Harlequin. "Sit down, and shut up. Selena. Just shut up." To accentuate his point he pulled a dagger out of somewhere in his sleeves. It was longer than his fore-arm and had a wicked serrated edge on one side and a cruelly sharp edge on the other. A green J was carved into the steel handle. "You're disrupting what I consider serious business. To continue to do so would evoke my ire and let me tell you a secret," Joker's frown turned into a silent snarl. It whispered through the room and seemed to make the temperature drop a few degrees, "My anger is nothing to take lightly."

"I love a good fight between you two. It really does warm my heart to see Harley go at it and show some liveliness. But now. Is not. The time. You're on a team full of people who are patiently waiting for Mr. Veidt to explain a few things and get down to the master plan. I am eager to begin," Joker slid his eyes from Harley to Selena. "Now, to put this little matter to rest, for now, let me explain a few things about you two.

One, Selena's breasts aren't fake. I've spent enough time staring at them to ascertain this with precise clarity.
Two, Selena's outfit is as she says it is. It fits her body curve to curve and throws off any Wiley criminals or policemen who might be after, excluding of course, the Batman.
Three, Selena isn't worth your time at the moment Harley. We have more important things to do than to sit around and bicker.
Four, Harley isn't worth your time at the moment Selena. You have more important things to do than to sit around and bicker.
Five, Harley is irreplaceable. I don't simply allow any beautiful woman at my side. She has a beautiful mind, one I find very rare in people today. If I wanted any old person to be sitting here, it would be you, Selena. Beautiful like Harley, Flexible, a Master Thief. You could be very very useful to a clown such as myself. Except you, well, just don't have that right sort of mind. You don't have what we in the clowning business call, insanity."

Joker casually looked away and flicked his hand. The knife in it flew at Selena and it seemed like it would hit her. But it missed narrowly and clunked against the wall, clattering to the floor. Joker looked back, but no smile was adorning his maddening gaze. "Are we both clear on whats going on now? You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. You just have to follow orders given and we'll each see our goals and aims accomplished," now Joker wasn't just looking at Harley and Selena. His gaze passed around the table, settling on Void for a moment, then moving on to Isis and then finally Mask. "No more clowning in this room. This is serious. I don't want to lose to those goody two shoes. Teamwork, no matter how disgusting, is required to achieve victory,"

"And victory now is all that matters."

CuteLilRedhead
02-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Selina looked at Joker and when she saw his serious face, she did not hastily go back to her chair. But she did walk back across the table and sat down. "I am sorry to interrupt, gentlemen. I shouldn't have let her get to me." Selina become silent after that, not even looking in Harley's direction. She was probably going to put her tail between her legs and whimper for Joker's forgiveness. Selina was a woman who never backs down but Joker was right. This was not the time nor the place. Harley would get what she had coming to her, but right now they were a team. Though Selina hated having Harley on the team, she might be useful in one event or another. Selina picked up her nail file again and turned to face the projector, not looking at anyone else.

Imp
02-29-2012, 05:45 AM
The abrupt contretemps of the two ladies was quite rude in Veidt's mind. Thanks to them, the unity of the faction seemed slightly broken. If self-control could not be maintained by everyone, then the likelihood of defeating A.D.A. and obtaining the device would become almost nihil. However, Joker's usefulness increased thanks to him attempting to cease the quarrel.

As Selina went to retrieve her seat at the table, Adrian noticed Harley moving quickly to the idle blade sitting on the floor. The fight wasn't over yet and so Adrian decided to intervene and confront them both of the weakness they displayed. With great finesse, Adrian leaped onto the table, adjusting his landing figure and proceeded to jump into a flip, landing in front of Harley just as she was able to acquire the knife.

"Manners!" Aggressively, he grabbed Harley's neck, pinning her up against the wall and slamming her hand against it as well to disarmed the gripped weapon. She attempted to struggle but Adrian proved too much from her. "Commit to any act of violence between this faction and I will not hesitate to defenestrate you. This goes for anyone at anytime while we are here or in the H.Y.D.R.A. airship." Veidt released Harley and kept the knife, allowing her to find her place.

"Now... the Void brings up a rather intriguing bit of information. If everyone is finished, I would like for us to continue on the topic." Veidt went to retrieve the remote and programmed the holographic projection to display the Palace Void spoke of.

He fully meant what he said and seeing as his group is nothing more than a variety of villains, it would prove only that more satisfying. Then again, Adrian would encourage teamwork heavily as losing some of the members would decrease the chances of success against the A.D.A. in the coming skirmish.

Lost Goddess
03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Isis examined the group here with eyes full of untamed power. She looked at the feline woman and the clown girl and said " Bickering and fighting shant solve anything. It only makes things worse. And as this is my first time ever picking a side in this thing, i would like it to be atleast semi enjoyable!", she finished with a slight note of malice and anger in her voice. She didnt have to be here. She chose to be to fight for the darkness, but as it seems they are arguing on the inside, maybe it would have been better for her to just go to the force of good and meet up at the S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ's.

She then focused on growing her plant further, the rose growing abnormally large and nearly towering above the group of people. She was not paying attention and the rose in her palm grew to about the size of Adrian whom was standing on the table at the moment. The thorns were especially large and looked about ready to shoot off the stem at the surrounding members of the group, but they didnt through sheer force of will by Isis.

Housemaster
03-01-2012, 04:30 AM
As the two women began throwing trashy insults to and fro, Big-Head's bulged his eyes with delightful approval. This was almost immediately deflated by the person he had least expected to break up such chaotic pleasure. His green face was losing colour, and shadowed with disapproval. Perhaps the Joker only intervened because Harley was involved, but Big-Head cared about no one... Everyone who exists on the planet only existed for once reason according to his logic, and that was to entertain him through any means possible.

"How very un-funny Sir Joke..." Big-Head spat begrudgingly, now having to sit back and twiddle his thumbs as the pompous Viedt presented his intellect as if it were a swimsuit model waiting for any sort of off-handed compliment.

He only had eight minutes left in this stupid body, fuck if he was going to spend it in this room filled with damp towels!

"Attack the Palace first eh boss?" he leaned in closer towards Viedt's hologram, glancing at the external structure. "An' none of y'all want to get wasted doing so, got it... How 'bout this, I steps in the front gate, guns-a-blazin' while those of you with the sneaky touch get whatever shit you want done in some sorta back entrance!"

Big-Head shot upwards as his chair fell loudly, "And for any concerns of my well being... its not like they can actually 'hurt' me right?" all of his teeth were sparkling with pride. He shook his sleeve to check the time on his watch, "By buckets look at the time! I gotta find someone new and I just know by the looks on your faces that I haven't sold anyone here yet..."

He readied himself to run, "Well, see you later on tonight... maybe.. pfffaaaa ha ha ha ha!"

As he laughed, the enormous face of a man dashed towards the large window fixture of Viedt's tower. Smashing through it, his laughter could be heard echoing down many floors till the Mask forcefully popped off, separating itself from the now scared shitless citizen falling to his death.

The wooden mask veered down the streets with the wind... finding new blood to exploit with a city full of viable contenders...

Staplers
03-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Outside the Veidt Tower a heavily armoured truck pulled into an alleyway within the confines of the Tower. Inside, Magneto, wished not to be seen by the general public, knowing his notoriety can still stir a severe distaste in simple-minded humans. The vehicle rolled past heavily guarded checkpoints, Magneto taking note of how secure Adrian Veidt, known as Ozymandias, was making his facility. Even if Adrian was a human, exceptions of his vast intellect could be easily classified as a mutant trait in Magneto's eyes.

A few of his loyal guards exited the vehicle first making sure the way was clear. After it was confirmed clear from any spying eyes, Magneto stepped from his armoured transport and began to head inside the building.

"M-Mr. Magneto!" One guard appeared from the corner, running to catch up with the group.

Magneto remained silent, but punishment was displayed in verbal assault from the captain of his guard. Wasting time with pawns was not in his agenda...

It was a total of four; Magneto and three of his guards (including the guard who was late) entered the service elevator to join the rest of the Enlightened Ones. It was only a few moments till they reached the appropriate floor and exited the elevator in view of Adrian's round meeting table. From the looks of the group now assembled, he now understood why Adrian came to him for aid. The Joker, Harley, Catwoman... who knew how useful they would be? The Void offered a balance of seriousness to the table, then there was Ozymandias...

"Feels there's a draft in here..." he spoke, motioning to the broken window which was recently shattered by Big-Head's extravagant exit. Without so much as flinching, a sheet of metal was torn from a neighbouring building, hovering down to their level. Molding it to the correct measurements of the damaged fixture, the window was now replaced with a weak aluminium shell. It is no permanent fix, but for now it fixes the room's draft problem.

Flex
03-04-2012, 05:21 AM
“Weeeell,” Harley drawled, “how Avant-garde.” Big-Head’s clean sweep through the panoramic window of Veidt’s conference room had her forgetting the foibles of the evening in an instant. It was a moment of such ugly beauty -- the sheer pleasure that had visibly pulsed through the villain in the few seconds he FLEW across the room almost as exhausting as it was exhilarating. Intoxicating. “That guy is a blaaast.”

Overflowing with awe so euphoric that it had no limits, all she could do was leap out of her chair and theatrically tiptoe towards the shattered window. The situation below was a mess of swirling city colours and a cacophony of sirens, passersby creating a suffocating semi-circle around the former host of the Mask (having officially stolen her title as punching bag of the evening), who had met his end, SPLAT! against the sidewalk. “Oh, Puddin’”, she sighed, turning around, her heart making its habitual swell of pride as her eye rested on Mr. J, “we’ve been wasting our time with banal Batman types for waaaay too long.”

Then, suddenly, with the paragon-perfect timing that had been constant (and coincidental) all evening, a sheet of metal savagely and inexplicably ripped itself apart from a neighbouring building and configured itself to the dimensions of the window frame, becoming one with the room. Swiveling around, Harley’s eyes met with those of the latest newcomer to the group; Magneto -- all muscles and silvery hair… with a tad of ‘tude… and eyes that burned with fierce intelligence.

“Shaaame,” Harley drawled, “I was digging that light breeze.” Her mouth quivered with a flicker of indignation for the briefest of seconds, vanishing almost as soon as it had appeared. Still riding on the glorious wavelength left from the Mask’s extravagant exit, Harley fell straight into a handstand and tottered closer towards Magneto until her nose was prodding his left boot. Looking upwards, she winked; a genial gesture that seemed somewhat sinister from upside-down. She flip-flopped backwards in crazy cartwheels and fell abruptly with a meek yelp when she ripped a cuff on the luminous rose Isis was growing out of her palm. It rose over the roundtable, flaring with vibrant ire.

Her act sullied, a sulking Harley took her seat.

Imp
03-07-2012, 12:12 PM
The holographic image of the Palace that Void spoke of flickered heavily till finally it remained still. "Everyone, we must understand that taking any three of these buildings will result in greater influence for this faction. Why? These fragile appearing trivial locations are landmarks of great importance to the people and government." Adrian paused for a minute to allow the hologram to shift into an image of rioters burning down capital buildings. It shifts from London, Tokyo, Washington D.C., Cairo, and several others. Each with landmarks being severely destroyed by varying means.

"All across the world, chaos consumes the planet thanks to daunting Darkness that approaches. Allowing London to burn like the others would give us a negative reputation. However, if we attempt to hold onto these, then we show the possibility for hope in order. I know some of you may see things differently, but gaining a positive reputation among the people will guide us closer into obtaining the Device."

The hologram flickered once more before displaying the three key landmarks of London: Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, and Covent Garden.
"Void suggests the Palace. A good location to start with, yes, but it may be difficult in securing it from the ADA. Reason solely being due to the many rooms it contains. But if we can keep the enemy from getting in, then we should have a better chance. Remember your abilities when it comes to defending these positions. Using thick vines to bar up the windows would do nicely as well as sheets of metal and any other means. This should procure our foothold in the region."

"The other two locations are more open, allowing for everyone to do as they please. I myself will remain stationed within the Palace to help defend it. I feel our most capable of individuals here are Isis, Magneto, and possibly Big-Head due to all of your powers. I'm sure Big-Head will return to us within the hour. Attacking all three locations at once is idiotic for our numbers will be stretched too thin. So I suggest we split into two teams. One will attack and defend the Palace, sealing it up by any means to keep the enemy out of it. The other team will attack one of the two locations left."

A map (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?26540-Chapter-1-London-England) of the three locations was displayed.
"Now, please note the distance between all of these. As you can obviously see, Palace and Abbey are closest ones while Covent is a good distance away. I suggest keep within a close distance of each other for any need in support. Now, If you could all please, state which team(Palace, Other) you will be part of and why." With that, Adrian finished his briefing and now the time to strike London approached.

Lost Goddess
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Isis listened to the man with interest. She saw the image of Buckingham palace and though to herself Might i be permitted to join the palace defenders, i shall set up good defenses for the palace, and then maybe summon a few minor storms or such to throw off those foolish goodie two-shoes.She retracted from her thoughts and spoke aloud now to Adrian " I request that i be first allowed to raise a few storms, and then i shall head help with guarding and defending the palace.I will handle that pesky x man Storm, if she is seen there. She is mine to deal with if she shows up on the battle field at all." Her eyes flashed a dangerous and deadly glint and she finished her sentence smirking slightly.

She hoped that her opinion hadn't fallen on deaf ears, and that she would be granted the ability to make a few small storms in the city, it would be delightful to have ran and lightning, perhaps even some strong winds to knock down a few buildings. Her heart leaped with joy as she thought of the many ways to cause some minor damage, and even take down that foolish woman storm. Isis would indeed show that x-man what the true power of a goddess is.

SikstaSlathalin
03-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Void watched the ensuing hostilities between Cat Woman and Harley, the exit of Mask, and arrival of Magneto with amusement. How this group was going work together was beyond the monster right now, obviously Cat and Harley won't be able to play nice with each other so there goes that idea of a team-up. The Mask can't be trusted by himself or with anyone who can't stop him from blowing up their foothold so that leaves himself, Magneto, Joker, and Adrien. Void would rot in heaven before teaming up with Joker or The Mask. And he wanted to be on the front line not hiding in the Palace plus Sentry would be roving around being a pain in the Enlightened Ones' asses as soon as they touched ground and he already said no one goes against Sentry but him so he needed someone who could move quickly and have enough sense to keep out of his way when he has Sentry in his sights.

Looking around at his choices he immediately eliminated the crazy trio of Joker, Harley and the Mask he'd wind up killing anyone of them within the first hour. He had a feeling Magneto and Adrian would team up and hold down the palace so that leaves Isis and Cat Woman, he could scan their minds and figure it out from there but he already had an idea of Cat's abilities by watching her actions and general attitude.
"I'll pair up with the Cat. And if she agrees we'll take the Abbey because it's large enough to take a lot of damage and not a lot of hard exits to control." He says looking at the woman.

CuteLilRedhead
03-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Catwoman sat in silence watching the hologram and listening to everyone around her talk, except for Harley. She would rather die than listen to the moronic things come form her mouth. Her ears purked p when she heard her name though. She looked over at the Void and she smiled a coy smile. "Oh, me? Why I would be flattered!" She smiled and winked at him. "I knew you and I would be on a team." She smiled and looked around. She glared across the room at Harley. Even if he wasn't the best survival choice, there was no way she was going with any of the clowns. She would leave them for dead without an ounce of remorse. Hell she might be the one to kill Harley is she was on a team with her. She knew Magneto was not a good choice for her, she just had a feeling that a man like him and a gal like her would not make a good team. As for Adrian, he seemed strong enough but she just wasn't feeling a spark between them. Then there was Isis. Catwoman had a hard time working with women. It was a territory thing for her. So Void it was. She knew he was strong and she knew that being on his team would be the best way to survive.

Herr Gentleman
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
A flash of black and yellow goes blazing past one of the many windows on the Veidt Tower conference room. It blurs to a halt on the side of the building, right behind the aluminum plate that Magneto had been so kind as to fill the broken window with. A split second later, said plate is ripped from the socket, sent soaring into the open air. For a flash, barely enough time to register, a dark silhouette can be seen in the gap before it becomes a blur once more, blasting towards the once-window-cover. As the blur and the sheet of metal come into contact, the silhouette solidifies once more, very definitely a man. He waits a few seconds, plummeting, then cleanly leaps through the hole in the row of windows. He plants his hands on the floor, coming out of his acrobatic move in a dive roll that finishes with a three point stance. A moment passes, then a sort of brief vaccuum hits, causing a strong breeze to gust into the room.

"You have my apologies. I did not mean to be late." The man rises to his full height, panting slightly. An observant watcher would notice a small hole in his leg, oozing blood. "Some dumbass decided to shoot me during a raid on Wayne Industries." He focuses for a moment, then the hole closes, spitting out a deformed bullet.

Recovering, the man turns to the room. Several villains are inherently familiar to him: the Joker and his cronies especially. He wonders silently where Lex and Circe are, but shrugs it off. Further observation reveals several new, unfamiliar faces. He bows his head, then speaks again.

"You may call me Nacht Blitz, the Lighting of the Night. Now what's the plan?"

Staplers
03-10-2012, 06:38 AM
As the images emerged from Adrian's round table Magneto sat himself down in thought of the coming mission. London was a city he has visited before, both in simple holiday and in war with feuding factions like the unrightous X-MEN he so despised. The city was large enough, yet the targets they had in mind were close enough to allow control of all three areas. Locations within more modern-styled structures would prove beneficial to him, things like brick and stone would have to be dealt with, in hopes that all locations have ample supply of metallic material to cause enough mayhem. Even if he found himself in an area deemed 'lacking', his enemies always found a way to bring him some toys to play with.

It seems Isis was interested in capturing the Palace, while voicing her interest in outwardly combating the mutant known as Storm. Both the Void and Catwoman agreed to team together and capture the Westminster Abbey. The Convent Garden was still open for the taking, yet Magneto did not feel as if he should be committed to any single area.

"Communication among our locations will be key to our victory." he spoke authoritatively, "Regardless on how well planned our first strike is, we need to cover large areas to keep our enemies at bay. They're planning against us this very moment, regardless of their ignorance we should not underestimate them."

Which ever plan they executed, Magneto knew that it would be well accounted due to Adrian's vast insight and foresight into his ability to predict the actions of others. Veidt was, quite frankly, the only reason why Magneto could even take this organization seriously, otherwise he would have formed his own league against the ones who want to foolishly destroy the darkness instead of inquiring about its vast powers. Who knew what mysterious essence could be fabricated with such power? What would be the result if such a power got into their hands?

"Sounds like a load of bull to me Sir..." One of Magneto's guards spoke up, much to the surprise of his fellow comrades.

For a moment Magneto found the sudden statement quite surprising coming from one of his men. However, catching a glimpse of Adrian's eye, he suddenly knew what exactly was going on, heavens knew how long Adrian himself knew about it.

"Why you guys lookin' at me? Y'all suppose to be some super bad-ass types right?" The henchman continued to voice his insubordination.

"You will silence yourself THIS INSTANT!" Another higher-ranked guard ordered, trying to subdue the loose tongue of the mouthy man.

"Whatcha gonna do about it?"

His voice was wrong... and it was becoming more and more evident as his face suddenly began to look like a poorly stretched mask. Unfortunately the higher-ranked guard took it upon himself to forcefully restrain the insubordinate henchman. The mouthy-man laughed loudly as he pulled an enormously cartoonish-looking gun from his belt. The gun fired a tennis ball sized projectile, smashing right through the other poor man's face with a stomach wrenching crunch. The man fell dead in a bloody mess as the crazy guard hopped over to the group and leaped on the table.

"HeY gUYs... REmeBeR MEeeEeE?"

Big-Face pulled off the loose skin that masked his enormous green visage. He tossed the discarded skin right in front of Magneto who remained unamused, but Big-Head simply did not care.

"Landed right on this one fella who happened to be looking upwards.... I think he was one of your guys Mr. Magnet?" He leaned over and rolled lazily over to Magneto, "Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?"

Magneto knew that he was Big-Head as soon as he saw Adrian's analyzing gaze. Mr. Veidt most likely remained silent in order to let Big-Head have his fun. Whatever plan he had in keeping a loose cannon like that in check would be an enormous feat unto itself... yet Magneto felt confident he could do so, even more so with the aid of Adrian.

The old mutant sat up in his chair, "I say we assign Big-Head as a distraction... It seems like something he's very skilled at."

Big-Head smiled widely, "I also do magic tricks!" he then began to do the 'pull off finger' illusion... except he was actually pulling off his finger.

*Co with Housemaster*

SpeckieBen
04-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Shaw grimaced somewhat as he stepped through the lobby, another unavoidable meeting with the hellfire club's inner circle concerning their current standing in this fight between light and dark had failed to come to a conclusion and Shaw now had to have made a decision.

This was why he was here, his decision had been to chose the darkness that he felt so comforted in, there was power in the dark, there was the ability to hide yourself and yet still be utterly dominating through fear, another product of darkness. Shaw never being one to openly get his hands dirty chuckled inside his mind at the idea of the look upon the rest of the circle's face if they were ever to find out about his choice now, though he was the Black King, the rest were just there because he allowed them to be so. He'd killed his Son to keep his throne, he wasn't about to let the rest of the world decide what happened with his future as he idly sat by.

He walked into the elevator checking that all was in order, the guards had been of little bother, they knew who he was, they probably used his weaponry. Though it may have been a shock for them to see him here. Why Shaw was a most 'charitable' man, supporting all the governments 'good causes'.

As the doors of the elevator opened up into the meeting room Shaw's countenance was one of calm as he looked around. Spotting to Magneto he nodded his head to the once powerful Grey King... once being the key word. Though Shaw would not turn this into a battle of egos, for he'd already won.

He greeted the room with a simple "Hello everyone, and what exactly is all of this?" he said gesturing to the holograms and statistics flashing upon the screen, he chose to take his seat and sat focused, uninterested in making pleasantries with anyone. That was not to say however one young slim and beautiful woman had failed to caught his eye (Cat Woman). Oh no, fr from it, Shaw though knew better than to pay any attention to such creatures and after years of practise with holding himself in such situations not a hint was given of his thoughts, especially as his mental defences were on alert. Trained by Frost herself, another condition of being one of the world's most powerful men was the continuous espionage he face in both physical and mental assault.

CuteLilRedhead
04-20-2012, 03:27 AM
"Glad you can join us. The meeting however started about an hour ago" Catwoman greeted though not excited to hear nor explain everything over again. So she allowed someone else to take that responsibility. She did however look him up and down. Not bad but she was sticking strong to her choice in Void. I mean after his display to the young man earlier, why would she second guess her choice. Catwoman's eyes ventured around the room again and gave a small, almost silent hiss at Harley. It was hard to control her temper with that... clown. I mean her outfit was a fashion disaster and a woman who was so naive to not see that her... puddin' wasn't interested at all. With a shrug she continued to look around at the team she was in. Other than the circus act it was a decent team.

Imp
04-21-2012, 10:57 PM
The two additions were welcomed openly by Adrian. After informing the new members as well as completing several debates and some trivial nonsense, it seemed the planning stage had finally finished. Besides several annoyances and inconvenient moments, everyone made it out alive. Adrian himself discovered the group would be more troublesome than he had perceived before the meeting.

In the midst of minor ramblings and conversations between the members, Vedit's secretary stepped in to announce the arrival of their transportation. From the window, everyone could see the Hydra Terror-Carrier resting upon a blanket of clouds. Due to the moderate support for the Enlightened Ones, the U.S. Military allowed the Hydra ship to enter the airspace but was heavily monitored.

As the elevator approached the rooftop, the chopping from the helicopter blades could be well heard. Security awaited the group as the doors opened and escorted them to the landing platform where a Hind D awaited them. This wasn't an odd site seeing as Hydra purchased various goods from Russia and China(being its main support besides questionable terrorist groups as Shield believes) while also crafting their own.

"Welcome aboard the transport to the Hydra! I know. Not that exciting but I hope you'll enjoy the view!" The helicopter pilot gave a thumbs up out of reassurance. His jacket was covered in pins relating to a variety of skilled aviation events suggesting he was no ordinary helicopter pilot what so ever. However, his weathered face gave the idea he must have settled down and thus becoming a simple transporter for Hydra. The pilot then scurried into the Hind where he quickly slipped in a music CD and awaited for the group to get in.

Lost Goddess
04-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Isis would rather remain alone, so instead of entering into the ship itself, she ascended into one of the many railed platforms that provided a view and air. She would need time to think upon her strategy and what she was going to do to benefit the Void and all those who gathered under the banner of darkness. She was a powerful goddess in the skills of nature and more precisely plants. She had left her giant rose in the conference room still growing without her being in there. It would continue to grow until either someone took a flamethrower to it, or she cut off the energy that it was constantly taking from her. She smiled and spoke to the wind " It has been a long time since i have met you in your domain friend." She twirled her finger and manipulated the wind around her, slowly the wind picked up, but did not become violent only more erratic.

She made a chair out of plants growing up along the rails and sat down, preparing for their departure to the UK. She was already tired, so she formed a slight dome like structure above her chair again made out of plants, that would prevent the weather from entering and disturbing her slumber.

The Wulfe
04-29-2012, 08:52 AM
The wind turbulence on the way up was an obstacle. The immense size of many human buildings baffled and confused Dex-Starr. They made houses larger than necessary and then didn't use half the space they had encroached on and payed for. He soared to the top, growling a bit on the way about the clouds in the way. Earth's atmosphere always had been a troublesome one.

CuteLilRedhead
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Catwoman rose to her feet as Adrian took them to the roof. The elevator ride was... well... She never was one for small spaces with limited room. She should have taken the side of the building up. She sighed and once on the roof she looked at the helicopter and then Adrian. "We are riding in that?" She asked. She wasn't really scared of heights but being as her ex boss threw her out of the window, causing her to be Catwoman... She was grateful for it but she wasn't exactly thrilled to be high off the ground.

Before Adrian could respond to her she got in. "Well come on! Lets get this over with already!" She said and crossed her arms impatiently. "I have a limited amount of lives and I don't want to waste one by waiting to death." She said and then gave a smile. She was serious but showing weakness was not an option. It never was. I mean that's what got her killed, wasn't it.

The Wulfe
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
He reached the ledge and hung in air for a second, surveying the crowd. They appeared to be a wild bunch, none of them had he met before. He climbed atop the helipad, regarding the nasty sounding Hind D blades with contempt. He hissed for a moment, still not sure whether to draw attention to himself. "I am Dex-Starr, and if they don't want me here, they'll have hell to face for it." He walked solemnly to the nearest of the group, and the one who caught his eyes the most. She wore a spandex suit and had cropped ears poking out from the head. Surely she could sympathize with him.

He approached her legs, winding between them slowly. "Excuse me, miss. I didn't mean to bump into you. I hear that this is where the party is. Fill me in, kitty?" Dex-Starr began to purr against Catwoman's boots. Looking up at her while he spoke. His tail twitched slightly as Catwoman regarded him.

The Joker, amongst the rest of the crowd, stood out. Dex-Starr had heard of The Joker. Not many men on this planet could match is reckless abandon and wanton destruction. This would be an interesting group indeed. Dex-Starr decided to avoid most confrontation for now, and try to keep a low profile. Dex-Starr would be a good kitty.

SikstaSlathalin
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Void quickly lost interest in the meeting, he knew all he had to know about this mission and he already had his plans ready for whatever obstacle he and Catwoman could come up against. Though granted there wasn't much on this planet he couldn't destroy himself the monster wanted to save his energy for fighting and hopefully killing Sentry. Plus enjoying the company of an attractive woman was still in his genes even if no other normal human tendencies were present.

It only helped she was a skilled thief and what he assumed to be a keen fighter he'll have to read her mind later to know for sure as the meeting ended the dark man walked from the room and to the roof, he was debating if he wanted to shape-shift into some kind of bird and forgo sharing a transport with those he considered under him but once again he wanted to save his powers for Sentry, maybe he could ignore them. Upon reaching the roof he was surprised he wasn't the first one up Isis was already flying off in some kind of flower chair, Veidt was there too all smiles and grateful host. Next he noticed his partner Catwoman then lastly at her legs he noticed a cat in a red costume. This must be the Dex-Starr Adrien spoke about in the briefing as their extended team who was too far away to reach the first meeting. Observing the little animal he saw it had a red ring or something. Scanning his memories he faintly remembered hearing something about power rings and Lanterns and various different colors that made up their ranks. Dex must be of the Red Lantern group and his power came from anger. Oh good they have a small furry version of the Incredible Hulk on their side.

CuteLilRedhead
05-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Catwoman looked up at the man between her legs and gave a coy smile. "Well hello there." She grinned then moved him away from her with her foot, the leather squeaking as she moved. "My name is Catwoman, not kitty. That is the first thing you need to know." she said in which her smile disappeared. She explained what he had missed and that her and Void were partners. "As upsetting as it is, you will have to find someone else play with because this 'kitty' has already been taken." She regained her smile after she pouted her lip, her eyes drifting from Dex-Starr to Void.

Catwoman noticed hat the cat was dressed in red and she knew she had seen suits like that before only in green. Something Lanterns. She thought about it a bit longer and then it clicked. He was a Lantern that got his power from an emotion far more dangerous than fear. Anger. She straightened herself then twisted her neck, giving a faint pop. "Now that we are all acquainted and caught up, shall we all get on this lovely aircraft that the lovely Adrian has called for us?" Selena asked then looked at Void. She was happy to see another feline, but she was even happier that he made the first move. She always did enjoy a game of cat and mouse.

Imp
06-14-2012, 05:54 PM
While some were able to find their own ways to the hovercraft, the remaining group that Adrian partnered with filled the helicopter and were off to the above. It was a bit packed and so he added a note to purchase a larger craft for the group next time they needed to ascend to the floating ship above. Amongst the trivial conversations, Adrian relaxed himself of any daunting thoughts and simply took in the view of the glowing city below.

Within minutes, everyone had entered their larger mobile HQ. As some were already wandering about, Adrian explained to his group to enjoy their time on the craft as they now set voyage to London, England. Adrian himself would direct his attention on the ship's navigational crew to see what was up ahead of them as the night drew near...
----------------------------
THIS POST WILL CEASE ANY FURTHER POSTS FOR THIS THREAD UNTIL CHAPTER 1 IS COMPLETE
----------------------------