PDA

View Full Version : The Dice Roller thread.

SikstaSlathalin
02-21-2012, 06:43 PM
This is where we'll do all the dice rolling we have planned for this RP.

Building numbers: The Palace: 1, Westminster Abby: 2, Covent Garden: 3

Anti members: Gambit 1, Nightbolt 3, Storm 5, Deadpool 7, Starfire 9, Jinx 11, Raven 16.

Pro members: The Mask 2, The Joker 4, Harley Quinn 6, Cat Woman 8, Isis 10, Magneto 12, Nacht Blitz 13, Sebastian Hiram Shaw 14, Dex-Starr, 15.

SikstaSlathalin
02-21-2012, 07:47 PM
This mod uses the standard AdX+B notation where

A = the number of dice to roll (1 if not present)
X = the number of faces on the dice
B = represents a modifier, usually a + or - but also a divides or multiply.

I also need it to do certain things like, only show the sum/result of the roll or show all the die results and the sum of the roll. I also wanted the ability to do open rolls, e.g. if you roll 6, six sided die, you keep rerolling any dice that come up a 6.

So, basically, I have concocted three different bbcodes in one product:
[roll]1d4[/roll ] - for rolling and showing only the results or sum
[rollv]1d4[/rollv ] - for rolling and seeing the result of each dice as well as the sum
[rollo]1d4[/rollo ] - for open rolls

Each of these takes and optional label for the roll, to be included in the tag after the '=' sign, e.g. [roll0] and so forth. It is, however, optional as the actual notation for the roll is displayed before the results in the final posting.

So, for example, you can enter rolls like the following:

[roll]4d6[/roll ] to get the sum of 4 six sided die.
[roll]d%[/roll ] for a percentage roll (same as 1d100)
[roll]4d6b3[/roll ] to roll 4 six sided dice and only sum the "best" three results

StormWolf
02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
im so happy i play table top games or i would be so lost XD

okay so are we going to make a roll for each player-character to denote where they go? We can always nit-pick after the fact. like if wolverine and hulk protect big ben together, no one else is really needed lol.

SikstaSlathalin
02-22-2012, 05:03 AM
I think the plan is we give each member a number then roll and decide who gets the clue.

Imp
02-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Okay so let's try this baby out...

First to see how many faces are allowed on a single die.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

EDIT

John
02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Jumping to help, I think it's good up to 99. for 100, use d%.

Oh, and you can also add in modifiers as well

1d20+2 [roll0]

Imp
02-22-2012, 07:53 AM
*pisses himself out of the sudden appearance of Naz*

Thanks for the support! Helps a lot!

John
02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Good to know I haven't lost my touch. And my pleasure dude, for both the support and making you piss yourself XD

SikstaSlathalin
02-22-2012, 08:04 AM
You're a great yellow-thonged peach Naz.

John
02-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Mmmmmm, yellow thonged peach. *drools* XD Okay, I'll stop cluttering your thread now.

SikstaSlathalin
02-22-2012, 08:27 AM
XD feel free to drop in with advice anytime though

Imp
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Alright, may I suggest we start rolling the dice to see which two members will be the clue-finders?

Anti members: Rorschach: 1, Gambit: 2, Nightbolt: 4, Storm: 6, Wonder Woman: 8, Deadpool: 10, Supergirl:12, Starfire: 13, Jinx: 15

Pro members: The Mask: 3, The Joker:5, Cat Woman: 7, Harley Quinn: 9, Isis: 11, Magneto: 14.

Also I'll post the first puzzle in here sometime soon.

SikstaSlathalin
03-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't really know how the dice roller works but I agree that we need to get it all figured which person will find the clue and which building it'll be in.

Imp
03-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Okay well I'll start the rolling.

We have a total of 15 optional characters.
Since I'm unsure whether I can edit the post after, I'll roll 3 times just in case two match. I guess I'll find out afterwards if I can edit the post without the dice code getting messed up like the old one.

EDIT

1d6

SikstaSlathalin
03-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Good luck mate.

Imp
03-08-2012, 01:56 AM
EDIT. Yep once again editing the dice dooms the entire thing. One last attempt.

Imp
03-08-2012, 01:59 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Post four just in case some match...

Last one wins as it has a number on both teams. Then again maybe we could have setup the dice rolling differently but hey we still got results in the end!

Seems Jinx and Joker are the clue-readers! Unless you want another roll.

SikstaSlathalin
03-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Ok which building will the clue be in?

Imp
03-08-2012, 03:39 AM
I think I will leave that decision up to you and Storm. Too tired to think tonight. lol

The setup for the puzzle is this...

The puzzle will contain three letters from a list of four.
ZAH = 3 letter code the members must discover for Ch1
A,H,O,Z = letter scale
Optimal attempts = 18

AHZ ZAH HAZ
AZH ZHA HZA
AZO ZOA HZO
AOZ ZOH HOZ
AHO ZHO HAO
AOH ZAO HOA

To the members, it will appear as this:

An ornate rectangular device contains three rotatable blocks that make up the entirety of the shape. Handles protrude from the far sides of the rectangular device that allow for switching the faces. These three parts all have four faces which each has a single letter. It appears that all blocks have the letters A,H,O, and Z. The three blocks must be lined up correctly for the clue to be discovered. So far on the designated side, the three faces together read AHZ and thus must not be correct since it hasn't opened. There must be another combination that will open this...

{l====[\\[ A ][ H ][ Z ]\\]====l}

In the PM sent to the members, they will also be informed to use the neat device I created above so we can better record what combination they come up with.
Also if I may state unless we have already, that only one combination per post AND they must wait for at least 5 posts from other members to pass before they can post again with a new combination.

That should allow for others to make their move instead of the Clue-reader spamming the thread with posts of combinations.

SikstaSlathalin
05-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Ok we re did the numbers and our readers now are Nightbolt and Isis. And the building is Convent Gardens.

Imp
08-16-2012, 07:13 AM
For the sake of science!

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT
Let's see how it looks now...