PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the ShadeLand

Minasm
02-28-2012, 01:58 PM
THE IDEA

In a time far beyond our own, on planet Earth, there is one continent. It is referred to as Pangaea, as Earth was believed to once have had such a formation before. How the continents came back together over the millennium is a hard question to answer, and one rarely asked. However, although one would expect this to mean that, at last, humanity would unite, it did quite the opposite. Over thousands of years wars ravaged the face of Pangaea, tearing any hope for humanity asunder. Luckily, though, Humanity could adapt. No matter how many times a civilization crumbled, newer ones would always be there to take it's place. This all changed when humanity finally went too far.
The Endwar was a devastating World War that tore entire continents to pieces with high powered nuclear technology. In fact, after the war humanity seemed all but extinct. Billions of people died, and sometimes that was a luckier fate than living, for in the barren wasteland that the world had become, life could barely sustain itself. Now, four-hundred years after the wars, people are beginning to re-emerge from the surface of the earth, as if they were simply waiting out the war. This could be no closer to the truth. Before the Endware, a military defense program became popular with the western side of Pangea, in which entire communities would be submerged in oceans, or hidden in secret mountain ranges. The citizens were hidden in cryogenic chambers, and set on a timer. Now that timer has clocked out, and people are finding themselves in a worl that they are unfamiliar with. As anonymous corporations and bandit tribes hunt these 'Pretenders', average survivors are beginning to hear stories of a new world in the North.
Now a new migration of sorts is forming, for with the rumor of lush forests and ripe resources, came those who would brave the crossing form the West to the East, across barren plains, treacherous valleys, and not to mention the irradiated and war-torn ruins of the Great City of the West. You are either a Settler of the Shadelands making this journey, or you are a Pretender, re-emerging only to find your place in the world.

THE WORLD

RED DOT- Corem is a large bastion in the West, a haven for Settlers and Pretenders alike, as it's position on the plateau keeps it safe from the cracked wasteland beneath it. Unfortunately, it's constantly under attack from raiders and deranged bandits form the wasteland below.

PURPLE DOT- The Ruin is a vast, seemingly never-ending city of rotting edifices and destroyed weaponry. Psychotic murderers, Mutants, and just about any other fears of the mind one can imagine. Unfortunately, in order to make the trip, one must pass through this city of darkness.

BLUE DOT- Across the eastern desert, there lies a large channel of water that signifies the end of the migration, for if a traveler is successful enough to traverse, will reach what they believe to be the foothold of paradise. It is rumored that there is a port where pilgrims of the journey can sail to the 'Great Beyond', the final destination.

CHARACTERS-

Pretenders- From the Earth itself, you crawl, and, even though your life is just as hard as everyone else, your looked at as rich, or privileged. For some reason your right hand has what appears to be an identification tattoo, marking you as a Pretender. Life won't be easy for you, but you feel... different. As if somehow there truly is some difference between you and the other settlers.

Settlers- A merchant, warrior, or perhaps just a bum- you are the Settler. Your life is hard on a day to day basis, as you attempt to grind out enough money to put bread on your table. You've heard the rumors though, and are thinking about taking the journey, because lets be honest, it seems too amazing an opportunity to pass up. Either that, or your just looking to be paid to travel.

Reform-Raider- Once a cold-blooded killer, you've settled down for some reason. Perhaps it was a nagging conscience, or maybe a family, but more likely it was that your bike broke down, or you procured some crippling injury, making you old news.
Regardless, you need to make money, so what better job to take than gun for hire?

PLEASE!
Time and time again I've proven to myself how quickly I grow tiresome of an RP that lacks spontaneous decisions and radical events. I need a CO-GM to be there to take the reigns if I hit a writers block, or find that I am unable to post due to other reasons.
This job is my idea of a failsafe, put in place to keep this running.

CS-
Name-
Profession-
Age-
Appearance-
History-(Optional)

Alright so if anyone is interested please slap a CS down on the table and we can get into the workings of setting this bad-boy up. Additionally everyone will eventually meet in Corem to start the RP, so plan on being in that area of the map when we begin.

Tatsuma
03-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Name: Merc
Profession: hired gun
Appearence: old camo green cargo pants and a different colored t-shirt everyday with a bandana around my face to cover my mouth
History: Was Raider for a little while and then settled down to become a hired gun

Tatsuma
03-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Name: Merc
Profession: hired gun
Appearence: old camo green cargo pants and an old ACDC hoodie with a bandana around my face to cover my mouth green and grey sneakers 5'9" wheres a leather holster for my weapon the crosses my chest and holds it on my back shaggy brown hair dark green eyes and a small pistol holdter on my hip with a combat/survival knife and a machete on my belt
History: Was The leader of some raiders for Some time then ended up in some old town

Kris
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Minasm
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Tatsuma I like the CS, but you double posted :P
Anyway, looks like I stil need at least two more apt players ready to go before I open the IC.

Minasm
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Sorry for the double post,
but Tatsuma could you give me a little bit more information?
It's nothing seriously important but for some reason I can't quite 'see' your character yet.

Rayne7
03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Name: Raven
Profession: Pretender
Appearance: 6'0" tall, electric blue eyes, short black hair, lightly tanned skin. Wears a dark brown duster, dark grey cargo pants, black combat boots, a black long sleeve shirt and black full-finger athletic gloves.
Bio: After coming out of the earth one the outskirts of the abandoned city, he found a body of a raider and scavenged whatever he could off the body. Finding a settlement, he was ridiculed for being a pretender. Staying until the town was raided and destroyed, he made a run for it. First chance he got, he grabbed a pair of gloves and now travels, a drifter.

Rayne7
03-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Please pardon the double post, but what kind of weapons are we talking about? Futuristic? Laser-tech or still bullets? Both, like Rage?

Also, my character pic

Tatsuma
03-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Ok ill add some but um sorry it was laggy and sorry about the double post hit it twice thinking it didn't work

Minasm
03-02-2012, 10:51 PM
@Rayne7

The weapons would be a bit of both, or, as you put it, like Rage.
I'd prefer the weapons we initially carry to be more modern that futuristic. Don't worry though,
as we progress weapons will be better.

@Tatsuma

Thanks, I'm all good now.

Kris
03-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I said it before but you can still try to get your game as Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

Minasm
03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Sorry, I only just read this Kris, but I presume time is up for the weekly roleplay?
If not I'll think about it.

Kris
03-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Not up at all.

You can still have it up.

If you want it so, just send me quick PM with a review of your RP and a fitting picture for your RP and I'll take care of the rest :)

Minasm
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Okay I'm a bit busy today, but I'll try to get to it soon. Thanks for the help.

P.K.
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Oo -looks it over-

This looks cool give me a while to think some one up!

P.K.
03-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Name- recka merkea
Profession-Settler, freelancer, freerunner
Age- 19
Appearance- http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f289/titinian22masquarade14/anime%20and%20anime%20sigs/Yoshidemmemmem.jpg
History- Recka has been a freelancer taking odd jobs for as long as she can remember standing. She is cool calm and uses a sword more then she dose guns not to say that she dose not have one. She's good at free running and other stunts that require good accuracy and what not making her a valuable messenger and warrior as she gets the job done as quickly and as cleanly as possible.

Minasm
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Awesome! O.K. Lark you're in so that means we have enough people to start the RP, presuming everyone's still here and interested?

Before I put the IC up, can everyone put a quick post here notifying me whether or not your still able to play?

P.K.
03-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I should be ready and able!

Rayne7
03-13-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm here and ready for it.

Minasm
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Great. That means we're just waiting on tatsuma...

Muhammad
03-27-2012, 05:11 AM
great looking game