PDA

View Full Version : [R]Final Fantasy VII: Midgar Chronicles (IC)

Cheshire
02-15-2010, 11:33 PM
------------------------------------------
-Night, Midgar, Upper Plate-

Bullets flying through the air, gunshots being the only audible sound. A young man leaned against the wall of a building, a few others were around him, some were in the nearby street, ducked behind cars. Down the street was a squad of Shinra MPs, hidden behind similar cover. Gunshots were exchanged back and forth, as the young man bit his lip. Crimson hair held back in a ponytail, a few strands had come loose during the fighting and now draped over his face. He clenched a handgun in each hand.

"Damn, damn, damn, damn ,damn" he just repeated... it was one friggan' APC, it wasn't supposed to be this heavily guarded...

"Regretting this now, brother?" the man next to him, a hood covering his features spoke, teasing him.

"Nah, just letting the MPs have their fun before we go and kick their asses..." the young man replied, laughing a bit. In his head, he was kicking himself, letting them get pinned down like this... on the bright side, their road trap had worked perfectly, blew the damn APC's wheels clean off, and it wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

His thinking was soon interrupted however, as one of his men ran up to him, snapping a salute, "Sir! The reinforcements are ETA 15 minutes! The forces trying to flank them on from the other direction are reporting similar resistance."

"..."

"... sir?"

"... well, gosh, I guess we've gotta step this waltz up a pace don't we!?" the young man suddenly exclaimed, stepping out of cover, running, gunfire quickly zeroing in on him, as he quickly dropped and slid behind a nearby car where one of his men was already held up.

The man who had been standing next to him was now laying down cover fire, as he quickly launched himself to the next car. From here on out the street was barren until you were so close that the enemy could spit on you...

A round green gem embedded on one of his handguns started to glow. Stepping out of cover again, he thrust his arm out towards them, fireballs launching from his hand and... struck the ground... and he ran. He couldn't reach the enemy from here with that spell... but hopefully this would be enough... he ran, and ran, the smoke from the explosions obscuring the view of the MPs... finally, he hit the spot where his fireballs had struck and; guns in each hand, leaped forth, spraying the area with bullets, and leaping, diving over the cars they had been using as cover.

He quickly struck, smashing the hilt of a handgun into the throat of an MP who was still unsure of what was going on. Holstering his guns swiftly, he grabbed the stunned MP as his allies aimed. Pulling the gun from him, he fired at them as they tried to move. Breaking his captive's neck, he quickly dashed towards the armored car, a few other MPs nearby that had been watching other directions now noticed and turned to aim, but he dived into the back of the APC.

They rushed to follow, but the moment they got into view, each met with a rifle bullet to the face. He soon found what this whole thing was about. A briefcase, armored and locked. He ran again. The moment he had left the safety of the car, several rifles opened fire at him. He bolted as fast as he could, this time his men had been able to move closer, and were able to take the enemy down, as he ran back past his own lines, shouting orders between deep breaths.

"Okay! ... okay! Everyone, move! Those reinforce... ments... are gonna be here any minute now... move move move !" he panted, before he began to retreat from the battle, the rest of his men following suit.

"Tch, took your damn time getting back, fool..." the other man said, throwing off the hooded coat he had been wearing, it wasn't aerodynamic and they needed to move... it revealed his features... he was... a wolf? The wolf-man, turned to those lagging behind, barking an order, "Move it, unless you want to see what the inside of a Shinra prison looks like!"

-------------------------------------------------------------
-Several Hours Later, Hidden QUAKE HQ-
-------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Yuge... what exactly was in that case?" the wolf-man asked, they were alone in a dark room inside their base.

"... got no fuckin' clue."

"What do you mean you got no clue!?"

"Got a tip, fuckin' big score being transferred in an APC full o' MPs they said... all I found in that case was some stupid little disk... encrypted, got our hackers takin' a look at it now... bar?"

"... what?"

"I'm fuckin' thirsty, man, let's go!"

"... you're an idiot."

"I'm not hearing a no!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
-Meanwhile, Shinra Building, 49th Floor-

"This rebellion is beginning to become bothersome... our reports seem to indicate it may be lead by one Yuge Recreant."

"eh!? ...you don't mean!?"

"Yes..."

"..."

"I trust this won't be a problem, right, Suriel?"

"... of course, Director."

"Mr. Recreant has fallen off the grid, along with many other individuals suspected of involvement in this QUAKE group... as you are no doubt aware, locating them is more of a job for the Turks... but I requested SOLDIER be given the charge of handling Mr. Recreant and his organization personally once they're located. I'm informing you of this now, since I want you to be prepared... I wanted to make sure you could handle this, Suriel."

"I can, sir... he's an enemy of Shinra and the peace, all else is irrelevant."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Several Days Later, Hidden QUAKE HQ, Entrance Hall
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So... these are the new recruits, huh?" Yuge said, looking the group over, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all, face to face. With any luck, we'll be pretty busy soon, so I'll let you guys get to gettin' used to this place" he said with a laugh and a smile. "Name's Yuge, and I'll be the one callin' the shots around here, though I promise, I'm only a hard ass when I'm in a bad mood." he added, grinning.

Volkov
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
=============
The Kotokai Mobile company Office: Floor 5
=========================
(A day before the Quake Meetup at the enterance hall)

A Darkened figure stands within the doorway from a business meeting room to an office. Back lit. dark red hair slipping through the cover of a hood and mask. Staring with an abnormally bright blue eye at a man with his back to the darkened figure in the unlight business meeting room. The man facing a large window was in his 60’s. slicked back silvery white hair. Charcoal suit. Grey tie. Cradling a Glass of whiskey. By all probability.

“I knew you would come for me….”

The old suited man started with a sigh overlooking Midgar’s finest,
the upper plate.

“ Security and class. Is what the onlooker may think if it does not look too close at the bugs eating away at the resources of the branches…..I have come to understand nothing will dissuade you….what a gentleman to get straight to business….yet I think you will find more fight then you were looking fo-“

The darkened figure was up against the back of the old man by the time he almost could finish his sentence, nothing more but wheezes would come from the old foggy. Until he hit the ground. The glass shattering. Causing alarms to start ringing throughout the entire building. The darkened figure looked at the door then to the ceiling, pushup able tiles. By the time the guards got there, the business owner was lying in a pool of his own blood. And the assassin nowhere to be found.

-On the rooftop-
The figure pulled back its hood. Shaggy dark red hair fell at its shoulders, revealing a prominent scar across the nose bridge. It pulled out a cell phone and began to text the words “It’s finished.” Before walking off to a Fire Escape.

===========
Ekiri’s apartment
=================

(Current Timeline)

A dingy seedy little place. Spacious two bedroom, kitchen, one bathroom deal, tables covered in broken weapons, alchohol and drugs lovingly draped over bloodied bandages and or paperwork. windows barred closet enclosed with nails and boards. the entire place smelled of cigars and menthol, bloodstained wood flooring and carpeting and the walls looked like target practice for clowns with knives.
only thing remotely sanitary was a shelf that had many pictureframes upon it, two guys. one young girl.

short to say the entire apartment looked like your urban R for adult rated horror movie set.

A white haired woman awoke to the sound of her phone going off she groaned and nearly fell off her bed trying to get at her cell phone checking it to find out she had four or five messages. All of vague importance. She decided to check the ones from Yuge and Kashido First.

Kashido’s was more to the point telling her to get to his and Yuge’s local to see a new flock of greens.

Yuges was pretty much the same deal except kinder in a sense telling her it might be nice if she showed up so he could introduce the one who would be stitching limbs back onto rookies.

As she was fawning over her cell phone and a hangover she checked the clock and the time of Yuge and Kashido’s texts, as well as the accompanied times they expected her to be there and nearly had a panic attack “Damnit!” she swore aloud scrambling up to get dressed properly. Downing a shot of Everclear that had been ageing on her table from the previous night, grabbing her bag on the way out and sprinting down her apartment’s hallway, skipping a flight of stairs by jumping to the bottom instead and breaking out into a run to her bike as someone yelled out to her while checking their mail

“E! where are you going in such a hurry?”

“Whores Mcnally! Whores.”

Ekiri gave a shrug’s salute to the old military obsessed coot as he waved his hand shaking his head at her response. She took out her keys as she was tabbing on her cell phone to send a text message back to Yuge, she was definitely late; the gist of the message was-

-Had to knee someone in the face a few hundred times I’ll be there soon, if I’m not that means I’ve died from a bike accident, might’ve had a shot or five of Vodka, not a big deal, if I do die- No that does not mean that you or your Brother gain permission to raid my pill and or booze cabinet in the medic bay. See you soon.-

Ekiri pocketed her phone and put a hand on her motorcycle. Staring at the airbrushed flames and green elecriticity designs for a moment then she swung her leg over started it up and burned rubber right out of the parking lot. Peeling through the slums causing people to jump to the sides or yell out a death threat to her. When she approached the sector where the QUAKE HQ was located she stopped short of a few miles outside of the range,

Hiding her Motorcycle in an alley with a tarp over it and proceeding silently on foot, taking extra precautions to take the heavily shadowed routes, she noticed a few people going into the HQ, that registered in her mind that Yuge might’ve had a late start as well, or had a giant bravado speech before and planned to have another bravado speech after they were inside. She shook her head and rounded to the side of the HQ where the old non-working ventilation shafts were placed. Taking off her coat and her bag and stuffing them into the shaft before jumping up and sliding into the duct herself,

‘they’d probably be in the Entrance hall by now if they really were stalled….so I’d better take a right….’

She pushed her coat and bag along quietly then came upon a duct cover that was over a ladies washroom popping the grate open she then dropped down taking her Coat and slinging it over her shoulders, scratching the scarring around her false eye for a moment before slinging her bag over her shoulder as well and slipping her arms into her coat. She’d walk out to hear what she expected, Yuge’s -I’m like a puppy I’m so excited to see you all- speech.

Ekiri was in the room behind the entrance hall, so she just leaned on a wall and lit up a cigarette while rechecking her phone texts, occasionally blowing cigarette smoke from her nostrils or chewing on one of her lip rings, though she was deeply wondering when she’d have a chance to discuss scheduling with Yuge, though she could vividly imagine what Yuge would say.

‘Hey Yuge you going to let me know the next time you or the others intend to get your faces smashed in by a combat boot?’

‘Why, are we disrupting your perfect schedule?’

‘None of your buisness.’

‘Totally my business your our Senior Medic hurf de durf de durf.’

Followed by puppy eyes

…..of course making it stupider in her head than it would be in reality.

Yuge was a leader alright, But Ekiri didn’t like wasting time if it meant that she could be finishing up other work that required her attention, feeling irritated Ekiri scratched the back of her neck blowing cigarette smoke out of the side of her mouth, half gnawing on said cigarette, before a grin graced her lips thinking of if she gets some free time later to go down to the fighting pits in the lower slums. Then ran a free hand through her hair, having a gut feeling since it’s 'Rookie day' things aren’t going to go extremely smooth, yet the rhetorical question pulsed at the back of her brain, when have days that required her to be anywhere near QUAKE’s HQ ever gone smoothly?

Yamimoon
02-16-2010, 09:15 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherina - A village that no longer exists four week before entering Midgar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seith woke up to find a girl had taken him into a building that was in shambles now, and the smell of blood permeated the air. There were bandages on his abdomen that were stained red with blood, as well as a girl that was looking at them. “Where am I” Seith asked as he tried to get up. But the girl just pushed him back down. “You are still in the village of Sherina, and I took care of your wound, but you better no move to much or you will reopen it,” The girl said as she then got up, and walked over to a table that was in the room. He was in pain, but not as bad as he first thought he would be. “May I ask who you are?”

The girl turned around with a glass of water in her hands, and went back to his side. “My name is Gena, and I was watching you fight the man that killed my parents. I didn’t think you were as bad as the others so I save your life. That is all. You have been out cold for two weeks now and thank god for that. If you would have woken up any sooner it would have been a bitch keeping the wound from reopening, and you bleeding out,” Gena said as she lifted him slightly off of the ground to give him some water.

“Sorry for being rude. My name is Seith Lightgale, and I am sorry that I was unable to do anything for your village,” Seith said in disappointing tone. He was ashamed of himself for not being able to save the people here. “Don’t worry yourself about it, this was just a scenario that was meant to happen,” She said in a little hipper tone so he would not blame himself for what happened. “Just concentrate on healing.”

----------------------------------------
One week from entering Midgar
----------------------------------------

Seith was out side of the old shack that Gena was taking care of him in. The smell of blood, and decaying bodies were still heavy in the air. Even after all of the graves that he had dug for them. The injury to his abdomen was still hurting him, but that was a small irritation. He had been practicing his skills with the sword, and found that the injury was still effecting how he fought, but at least it was not as bad as it had been. “So I guess that you are leaving to join ‘Them’?” Gena asked as she walked out of the house and up to him.

“Yes I think that it is time that I returned to the battle field,” Seith said as he looked out at all of the graves of the villagers. “Well then you can have these to remember this place by,” Gena said as she handed his a bundle of cloth with some thing inside of it. “I am going to go to a different town and start over. Maybe one day we will get to meat again.” He took the bundle from her, and smiled. “Yes one day we will meat again,” Seith said as she turned around and started to walk in the opposing direction he was going to be walking. Without saying another word he left the village. Opening the bundle up there was a gun and a cross. He read the letter that was with them, he put the necklace on, and the gun was placed in the back of his pants.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Night, Midgar, slums one day before joining Quake
---------------------------------------------------------------

Seith had finally made it to Midgar, the sun had set, and he was standing right outside of the city. He was wearing a black cloak with a hood covering his face. He was able to use his old pass for entry into the city. They thought that he was dead so why deactivate it. No body outside of Shinra knew what these cards were so it wasn’t a threat to just leave it with him. That was their mistake thinking that he was dead. He walked into the city, and move around the slums.

He was told that there was a group of people that were looking to take Shinra down, and he wanted to get in on the action. He was not going to avenge himself, but to avenge the villagers that had died at their hands. He had found out where they were meeting from the person that saved his life. It seamed that her mother and father was going to join the efforts to take them down, but then Shinra attacked their village.

He found a house that would let him stay for the night. This place he wouldn‘t be look for in. He paid the man as he walked down stares to the room he knew that he would be safe. Using his card would cause Shinra to send out a party to find the person that used a dead man card to enter the city, but as long as they didn’t find him tonight they would quit looking. They would probably think that it is a glitch in the system. He went to the room.

It was small very old looking room with dust every where. The walls were a rust brown color having no decorations or pictures. There was a card table in the corner with a wooden chair in front of it; there was an old oil lamp on the table. As well as a small old ratty bed in the corner where the sheets looked like they had been in a fire fight. That didn’t matter to him as long as the room didn’t smell of blood he had no problems with it. He took off his cloak setting it on the chair in the corner, and laid down in the bed. He looked at the ceiling as he dozed off to sleep.

---------------------------------------
Midgar- The day of the meeting
---------------------------------------

He left the room, and thanked the couple that had put him up for the night. He left the house dressed like he was when he entered the city. He maneuvered through the city making sure that he was not fallowed to the location that he was told that they were meeting. What he didn’t know was that this location was actually the entrance to the hideout.

He looked at the man with a serious face, and listened to what was said. He could see why this was the leader of Quack. He had this presence about him, which made you respect him. He fallowed the others into the hideout. He didn’t know what to expect, but then again nothing has gone right for him since that day. At least in his eyes.

Almost_Blue
02-16-2010, 11:31 PM
[ TIME: 14:02 ]
[LOCATION: Floor 49; SOLDIER relaxation area.]

A pair of Private First Class MP's stood outside the door to the off duty lounge for SOLDIER's, awaiting their field commander.

"She seems so..soft..and kind when she's with him.." The male MP stated, as he glanced in through the window to the lounge.

"..She's definitely different when she's off duty..wait..is she even allowed in there?"
The other male questioned, looking to his peeping partner with a frustrated expression on his mouth, since that's all that could be seen of him due to his mandatory uniform.

"Night watch told me that she has special privileges, because some general genericface has a man crush on her boyfriend.. ...that one!" Grunt number one responds, pointing to the man Xi'an's linked arms with, the man with red hair.
"Oh shit! she's coming back." He panics, as the two immediately take back their upward position at the door.

The automatic door slides open, as Xi'an embraces the man's cheek, placing a quick kiss onto his lips.
"I'll see you after work darling." Xi'an says softly, as she exits the room backwards, immediately turning to the MP on her left as soon as the automatic door closed.
"One! You do not spy on an officer whilst they are off duty, especially if you are supposed to be on duty!" Xi'an barks at the man, grabbing ahold of the collar, on the other MP, dragging him over into this conversation.
"W-we're so---" The MP began to plead, but was cut off.
"Two! You do not interrupt me when I'm speaking to you, do you understand?!"

Grunt1: "Y-yes sir!"
Grunt2: "Y-yes.. ma'am!"

Xi'an slammed the two into the wall, a hand on each of their collars.
"Three! When a superior officer enters your vicinity, you salute to them!"
She demands, before releasing them.

Backing up a couple steps, Xi'an placed her hands at her sides, looking at the two for a few moments, before they finally salute their Major.

"Get in the elevator..you both have posts to fill downstairs..which you can be grateful that I'm not demoting you both back to cadets for..by.the.way."
Xi'an says, verbally kicking them in the ass, all the way to the elevator.

(Sorry for the short intro post xD I'm just swamped with things.. I'll make her next one better <3)

Darkan
02-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Shinra Research Department
A man sits in front of a computer inputting data of the past fight between Shinra troops and QUAKE rebels. As he reads the reports in front of him he stops his typing after reading the term “Demi Human was seen” He rubs the back of his neck slightly before finishing his own report to turn into professor Hojo. “It seems the failure has returned”

----------------------------------------------
Quake HQ
---------------------------------------------

As Yuge spoke to the mass of new faces, Kashido would be sitting at the one of the couches facing the front entrance like he always does. It was his seat after all…or maybe that was the wolf mentality inside his mind making him think he has to claim that one seat. Be as that may he didn’t feel the need to speak for now. He long black hair falls in front of his face as his glowing yellow eyes looks over the new recruits to scope out the weaklings. “3….4 of these low lives won’t even see the light of day” he thought to himself as a grin formed upon his face. He notices Ekiri walk in late as always giving her a slight nod. “Seems just about everyone is accounted for.” Kashido stated as he pulls out his submachine gun pistol and checks it’s ammo before putting it back into the holster strapped to his thigh. “Now if you would stop with your long boring speeches brother we can get back to the task at hand”

mcstringer
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Malcolm yawned as he rolled out of the hot sticky hostel bed. He looked in passing at the naked body that had laid next to him moments ago. He did not wish to rouse the sleeping beauty so he tried to put on his clothes as quietly as possible and think of a shower later. He was almosted finished clothing himself in the dark when he felt a finger take hold of a pant loop.

A tired half awake woman tried to pull him back to bed.

"Stay a bit longer, honey. I don't want you to die today."

Malcom calmly bent and unhooked the finger from his belt loop and opened the only window in the room. The near stale and stank air of the underverse of Midgar gave a fresher feel to the room eventhough it stank so bad. He returned to the bed only to retrieve his guns before the women in bed could grab them in a lame attempt to kept him longer. He waded closer to her and gave the unnamed woman a kiss on the cheek.

"Your concern is noted, but I am a man born to live a short unstable life. You should open yourself again to different people because I will not be long on this planet."

Before the arguement could go any further. Malcom turned and ran for the wndow. He let the momentum carry him through it and to the adjacent rooftop. He continued running in a similar manner until he reached a height he could safely drop from. He looked over each side of the building and chose an alleyway with alot of pipes, ledges, and a couple of broken fire escapes.

"Perfect."

Malcom dropped from the edge of the roof like a rock to bounce, twist, spring, and launch himself off of everthing he could physically reach before touching the murky slime called ground in the alley. It is not like he needed to get down that way. It was just that he chose it for the excersise and the fear factor. Nearly getting empaled by a steel pipe or crashing his head into a stoic wall always got his blood flowing and attentiveness level up, which he needed to survive the abundance of monsters in the underground.

-------------------------------

Malcolm scooted along with the line of people being recruited by QUAKE. At first glance the place looked like a normal "resistance" group's hideout low security, amazing amount of holes in the outer structure, mostly hand weapons, and improv-armor vehicles, but Malcolm's extensive experience with resistance groups showed him the small things that almost made him physically smile: The weapons and vehicles were clearly well maintained, there were more guards than the more obvious ones like the one hidden in the alleyway that keeps poking his head out to see or the guy in a trench coat "sleeping" against a wall a few buildings over the poor fellow can't stop scratching his nose for the life of him. The people themselves were incredible as well, not only did they ask for name and equipment, but they asked about experience and what materia was used. The people all looked hardened and a part of at the very least a paramilitary organization.

From the outset, whoever the leader was, impressed Malcolm with an amazingly sutle show of strength and tactic ability at the entrance. There is no telling what it is actually like inside. Malcolm's lips broke into a giddy smile and his eyes started to sparkle.

He spoke softly to himself," Boy I am going to have some F-U-N."

Once inside Malcolm joined the gaggle of people around two or people. He guess they were the leaders and some came and went to do their duties. Malcolm was glad the long winded welcome was cut short by the impatient looking one. He barely noticed someone slinking in from his peripheral.

Kirra
02-23-2010, 12:42 AM
"Just a few more minutes."

Roze was sprawl out on the couch in his office like he normally was when not on assignment. It wasn't odd for him to spend all day sleeping instead of getting his work done. But some how, his work was always done. No one is sure how he pulls it off. Especially his secretary. She had walked in him sleeping and told him the paper work was needed for his last assignment, he of course replied with 'five more minutes.' When she returned he was still laying down but a stack of papers where sitting on his desk signed and ready to go.

"But sir. You've said that twice now. Veld is getting mad at me. He said if I didn't get you up he was going to fire me. I need this job." She was freaking out. 'Crap. I better go.' Roze jumped to his feet and opened the door to his office. He patted his secretary on the head and walked past her. "I guess it is rather late to be sleeping. Have the papers for the sector 7 project done when I get back."

As Roze headed through the halls he made his way to the Veld's office. Personally he had no issue with the guy, he just always made Roze work, something Roze hated to do. When he entered the room the Veld was sitting at his desk. "Hey old man. What's up?"

"Can I assume you have heard about the recent attacks by the group Quake?" Roze shrugged. "What do you do all day? I swear I have no idea why I keep you employed." His voice slowly calmed. "Look this file here shows their most recent moments against us. Read it over and try to find out where they may strike next. The presidant don't have the money to keep rebuilding these power generators." 'Yes he does.' But Roze was smart enough not to say that out loud.

"Yes sir. Will get right on it." Roze grabbed the papers and headed out the door. Hopefully he would get this dealt with quickly and could get back to his nap. Roze looked over the first few pages. "Yuge. Oh crap. This is going to be a long day." Roze walked to the garage and jumped into his car. He sat there a moment and looked through the files. He saw a still photo of Yuge walking into a bar owned by woman named Ekiri Tsen. It was his only lead, so he had to check it out. "Well, let's pay this little lady a visit." He his car and headed out.

Almost_Blue
03-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Xi'an Stepped off the Elevator as they reached the lobby floor, grabbing ahold of a couple sheets of papers that was handed to her by a young man in a suit, who she recognized at the front desk every morning.

"Here Major, these are the forms for the two new recruits that joined up earlier."
He explained, before making his way back to the front desk.

Xi'an merely nodded as he explained himself, looking over the papers as she walked further into the main Lobby, two MP's following behind her, like at most times.

She glanced up from her judging gaze, to get a personal opinion on the two Cadet's that were sitting in the waiting area of the Lobby.
"You two! Stand up at attention." She commanded, approaching them as they rose off of their seats, after looking to see who was giving them orders.

"Hmm.." Xi'an muttered to herself, as she looked the two from head to toe.

She turned, handing the MP's behind her a paper each.
"Take them to get suited up, etcetera." She said, before the two saluted their Major, gesturing for the new Cadets to follow them.

The automatic doors to the ShinRa building opened, allowing the sound of two struggling MP's fighting with someone they were bringing to their prison fill the area, immediately grabbing ahold of Xi'an's attention.
She watched cautiously as the man cussed and flailed to get free.

He brought his leg up, kicking one of the MP's in the head, 'causing their helmet to fly off as they were sent to the ground.
"I said fuckin' let me go!" The man warned, as he began to fight the second MP.

A small group of lobby guards surrounded the man, loading their guns as they aimed for various parts of his body, warning the man to hold his position, or they would shoot.

The man stood still, raising his arms into the air.
"You..you got me.." He said, acting as if he was worried for his life.
His arm began to emit a blue aura, as the area around them dropped in temperature drastically.

Xi'an sighed, her breath appearing as mist as it escaped her mouth, before she jumped on top of one of the chairs with her right leg, pressing off with enough force to launch her into the air, as she activated her Materia that was implanted into her chest.
With incredible speed, Xi'an landed a blow to the man's jaw with her knee, as if she had teleported.
The blow sent the man spinning into the air, landing with a loud crash onto the marble floors, as Xi'an landed safely.

"Now take him in.." Xi'an ordered as four of the lobby guards jumped for the man, grabbing ahold of his arms and torso as they dragged him to the elevator, to bring him into the cells.

Xi'an rose up to a comfortable stance, before walking over to a seat near the receptionist, planting down as she took off her helmet, letting her black with white streaked hair fall down, as she ran her fingers through it.
"I hate.. using materia.." She commented to the boy behind the desk.

Cheshire
04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Yuge had moved to a room further into the HQ, a lounge-like area, where he enjoyed to relax when he wasn't drinking at the bar or doing important things. He sprawled out on the couch, closing his eyes and trying to relax. He hadn't been sleeping well lately...

Of course... just as he was about to fall asleep... someone came into the room.

"Sorry to bother you, sir... but we've received news..."

"Daaaaaamn, Suriel! Your woman was like... bam, baaam, kablam! And he went down!"
"... you're an idiot."
"Whaaat?"
"How did you make it into SOLDIER, acting like a child like this?"
"Pfft, you're no fun! No wonder you're with that ice queen... - Ouch! Hey that hurt!"
"Can you really be SOLDIER? More and more I suspect you just stole that uniform..."
-DING-

As the elevator doors opened, Suriel stepped out, followed by a 3rd Class grinning stupidly from underneath his helmet. The two stepped out into the lobby of the Shinra building as the 3rd Class simply laughed in response to Suriel's comment as Suriel simply shook his head and sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yuge walked back out into the main area with all the recruits, "Hey, once you're all done getting acclimated, I got some work for you all, come see me in the meeting room. Kashido or Ekiri can show ya the way!" he yelled to the crowd before walking back off, heading to the meeting room to get ready.

Volkov
04-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Ekiri gave a nod back to Kashido when he had noticed her skulking around, furrowing her brow at him, he seemed to always know when she was late when she didn’t quite use the front door, once all the major talking was out of the way and the recruits were permitted to get cozy and talk amongst each other until Yuge’s informants under-panties got in a bunch over some good work.

While Yuge was catching some Z’s and Kashido was being his usual paranoid self regarding new recruits being around, Ekiri was moving boxes from the storage to the medical bay and restocking the shelves, at most it was three or four trips past where Yuge was, occasionally texting on her phone or lighting up a cigarette until Yuge finished his nap time, around the time when she was restocking other supplies around the base, or getting Intel on what types of ammunition they were running low on, she looked back up from her work as soon as Yuge shouted;
“Kashido or Ekiri can show ya the way!”

After a little while and time enough for Yuge to be finished his preparations because she was the late one today she knew how Kashido would roll this, and she knew it would only end in a argument and then a satire revolving around Yuge being a woman and nothing would be done. Ekiri stood up normally getting a crick out of her back motioning to the recruits who were talking exclaiming standing around the place Yuge was before he walked off

“Alright kids! Single file or not I don’t care! If you want a job then follow me, if you don't follow me I'll see to it you take a long walk off a short pier seeing as that is what i'm paid for if not more.”

And with that Ekiri started down the hallway with the new recruits in tow behind her then she stopped at the end of a long hallway and pointed to the left looking back at the recruits, through her hair on the right side of her face a eerie green glow was lining bits of her hair as she spoke;

“To my left is the meeting room, go through that door, to the right is a problem we haven’t been able to fix yet, don’t go through the door unless you vaguely enjoy the sensation of a five foot drop and being a series of large Octopus's bestest friend forever."

She then backed a bit for the recruits to go and open the door to the meeting room, though remained outside to make sure they didn't have anyone extra special who did want to see what the door to her right door was all about.

mcstringer
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Malcolm shrugged as he almost always did. This usually was the boring part. The petty intermingling, the posturing, and the other idiocy really bothered him before a job. He spotted the person he was supposed to follow, and was one of the first to do so and not mingle like a lost puppy. The disgusted disgruntled Emo female mentioned to not go right unless he wanted to be lunch. In a no brainer decision, he chose left, which was the meeting room, and sat on an availabe block of concrete to wait of the others to come.