PDA

View Full Version : [M] Imaginarium (FangsAnarchy/Car'mael) OOC

Car'mael
03-01-2012, 06:30 AM
A little music... Hehe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09MTDBb8qro&feature=related)

M - Mature for violence, gore, swearing/foul language, sexual situations, nudity, mature themes... Yeah, just police yourselves like responsible adults, okay? :mustache:

And so, here we set characters up, brainstorm the scene and era to play in, and figure out where to start. :D

FangsAnarchy
03-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Circa 1360
Traveling circus moves to gather animals. Present in North Africa, South Asia, and Southern Europe. The circus is owned by a man who can no longer refer to himself as a man. He travels across the continent in search of oddities. He finds humans and normally runs with the Gypsy people.
The owner made a deal with the devil long ago. After all not everyone has money to buy expensive indulgences. Everyone is however born with a soul. So the man sold his soul and is a Roma trying to convince others to do the same. He keeps the pure ones locked in cages. They can’t be trusted.
The circus has many of the traditional big tents and is a moving street performance only staying until they are run off by the local law. Everyone looks so alive and happy when being paid to grin and bare it.
When the sun sets the wicked come out to play. They rape kill and do whatever they please. Terrorizing the sleepy towns in which they were entertaining.
Houses of ill repute have nothing on this bunch. Lovely ladies making money in their sleep. A living corpse is after all still warm. The men dance as well swaying to the haunting music, the Devil’s dance. The moon reflects off their golden skin giving it an eerie glow.

Acts
Animal Taming: The circus has many animals from all the places it has traveled in the master’s unnaturally long life. The Lions are his favorite. In his mind all people are evil and animals are the only good thing that walk amongst the living. Every time a lion dies of old age the master grows a little more evil. There are horses to pull the wagons and horses for the ones who have already sold their souls to ride. Dainty Arabs and large Frisians. Also a few large white horse. There are no elephants as they seem too difficult to contain and handle. There are serpents mostly large tiger reticulated pythons. One or Two are solid white with black eyes. A trait known as Leustic. There are crocodiles and tigers as well as trick dogs and peacocks.

Scarf dancing: A dance preformed by the graceful men and woman. Adult only audiences often accompanied by tambourines and toy box sounding music. A person wraps themselves up in a scarp and twists in the long pieces of fabric. Colors are gold purple and red while the rest of the scene is set in black so the only color is the seductive dance on stage.

Pole dancing: Long silver poles the dancers climb many feet in the air performing difficult tricks up and down the poles. A little more child friendly than scarf dancing. Not as strong a sexual focus.

High flying acrobats: No safety nets in this circus. Immortals sometimes fake their own deaths as people are truly morbid at heart. Once in a while someone really dies and the demons often are entertained by the splatter patterns.

Fire tamers preformed by demons who control fire. They burn people at the stake sometimes its real most of the time its not. The screams are always just as haunting. Also fir juggling fire walking and fire creations. Some demons are so evil they have mastered the ability to control fire, making dragons and other spectacular things come to life.

Magic: Is it still magic if it’s real? The immortals flex their powers. Anything you could fathom or ever want to see happens. Spirit conjuring, future altering. A fortune teller tells a man a fortune that has been altered by his desire to know and his belief in the teller. By believing he opens the door to let the teller change his future. It only works if you believe right?

Tila: White lioness. Luca's best friend thinks of him as a little brother.

FangsAnarchy
03-02-2012, 04:26 AM
Also, I love the music you picked!

Car'mael
03-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Oddly enough, I found it that very evening I made this thread. I love Nightwish's dark, haunting sound, and it's their latest album. And with the circus and fairytale theme, perfectly fitting. :)

So, anyway...

I was thinking of a young guy, a bit on the sleek side, found as a kid on the street by another circus and taught to tumble and leap and use the trapeze and hanging ropes or curtains to perform tricks. On hitting puberty, he finds he becomes a large and colorful bird (Like this--these guys dance upside-down, too) (http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2102/2983164322_8943bd2ee4_z.jpg?zz=1) when stressed and on the full moon... (Cursed by someone? Bit by something? Not sure how to have this start. Maybe just a heritage he never knew he inherited, not knowing his parents?) His home circus is destroyed by tragedy (maybe a fire), and he ends up at this one... not knowing it was not your ordinary circus when he signed on, and though he had a weird feeling about folk there, he had nowhere else to go...

Whatcha think?

FangsAnarchy
03-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Sounds good to me. Curse might make more sense? Why would he have been cursed or was it just bad luck?
I was thinking of having the ring master being an animal tamer so that works out well. The ring master was a child at on point. His parents worked in the circus as well and they abandoned him in another circus. Shoved him in a lion cage. He hid there for along time and when the current ring master found him with the lion he offered him a job as the tamer.
Then he was approached by a handsome man. The man offered him the ability to hear the thoughts of the animals. So he signed his soul away for immortality and a passive power.
Slowly he convinced others to sell their souls and with each soul that was signed he gained a copy of their power. That was how he climbed the ladder. So being able to sell an already gifted or curse soul would win him a lot of power. His goal is to gain enough to become the new devil.

Car'mael
03-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Hmm... Maybe cursed by someone at his old circus for accidentally dropping a bucket of tar on them from a height, that angry person using the aid of their fortune-teller? Lol.

Now we need some names... Finian, maybe, "Fin" for short. Around 20 in age but nobody's sure, 5'7". Slim but well-muscled and strong. Dark hair that hangs down to about mid-shoulders, which he ties back with some twine when busy about the circus itself. Some white cross-lashes across his back from when he misbehaved and got whipped while growing up, a few small burn scars on hands and shoulders, but otherwise with slightly golden skin suggesting some exotic blood in his veins. Slightly almond-shaped hazel eyes with long dark lashes, and delicately handsome features, narrow jaw and sharp cheekbones. Voice is permanently hoarse and quiet from escaping the fire that destroyed his home circus, so he's not much of a talker as he's self-conscious about it. Very agile, and likes displaying his talents. No fear of heights or clambering about on risky ropes, wires, or metal beams.

FangsAnarchy
03-02-2012, 04:42 PM
My character is named Luca. He is frozen to look the age of 21. Not old for the time but not young either. Before he made a deal with the devil he sustained some injuries. His left shoulder was torn out of place and never healed properly so his range of motion is limited though he tries to hide it. Weakness is not something he enjoys admitting. When he was younger his face also came into contact with a bucking Frisian stallion. As a result his nose has been dented in around the bridge.
He also has a scar on his face, four on his torso and countless on his back. A lion was pissed off and starved and the ring master he grew up with thought it would be funny to toss him in with it. The lion swiped and one toe got his face causing him to be blind in his left eye. It is now a milky white while his other is a startling demonic black. The scars on his back are from his master’s whip and one bite wound from the lion. He’ll never blame the animals though.
He isn’t tall, nor is he short. He is not small or slender but more buff. Horse trainer legs and arms that are strong enough to tame the other animals.
He has tanned skin that looks copper or gold in some lighting. His black hair is thick and wavy. Usually bound by leather or silk. His right ear is pierced as are his nipples. He has devil writing on the slopes of his hips in dark ink. Only they are markings not tattoos. Also his spine is marked with the writing starting at the base of his neck down to the top of his butt.

Turning into a 30ft Reticulated Python - Picked up from Kia
Fire bending - Tallon
Talking to animals. They hear his thoughts and he hears theirs. - himself
Turning into a lion - Came out for no reason
Conjuring objects - Taz
Heightened senses - himself
Imortal - himself
Water bending - Larson
Fading into Shadow - himself
dissapearing - Lydia

I think Fin is a cute nickname.

Sould we each come up with a few side people?

Car'mael
03-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Okie. Hmmm... Brainstorming...

How about some girl who sold her soul for beauty, and is one of the horse-riders? And a guy who chose to be fireproof and does a fire act, maybe even being blown out of a cannon, and is a demon by night? Maybe a Naga, who becomes a poisonous snake and kills when not performing sensuous dances?

Oh, and of course the fortune teller, probably a kind of witch?

FangsAnarchy
03-04-2012, 05:24 AM
I ran with the snake idea, I was planning on making Kia anyway and snakes are a big part of my life so she worked out well.

Pale skin just like a blue eyed luestic python. She sold her soul for the ability to move like a serpent. The devil having a cruel sense of humor turned her into one. She was old rough brown and fat. Now she is curvey young and her skin is white. She has blue eyes and being part animal means when Luca thinks, she heards. She wants to be his right hand demon. Maybe an eventual jelousy or love interest. She is power hungry and cruel.

FangsAnarchy
03-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Adding powers just so I can keep track.

Car'mael
03-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Cool. Heheheh. :D

Car'mael
05-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Bump.