PDA

View Full Version : Grant's Pathfinders

Grant
03-03-2012, 02:56 AM
As you enter the dimensional door to the Pathfinders' barracks, you feel the odd sensation of being pulled across time and space to a set point in dimensional reality.

You are greeted by a tall muscular man, with blue eyes and bright red hair, wearing a business suit. "Welcome to the guild, How can i help you today?" Explaining that you are here to meet some of the guild members he hands you a small tablet with a touch screen on it. "In there you will find a complete list of our combatants ready for battle. Just press the name of the guild member you want to know about and a screen will tell you all about them." Noticing that only one name, Luke from Accounting is currently available you press it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Name: Luke from Accounting
Race: Human
Build: Tall and muscular, 6'1, 215 pounds.
Hair: Short spiked, Bright Red
Eyes: Dark Blue

Distinctive Features: His arms, legs, chest, and back are all covered in tattoos many of which are obscure symbols, a few of them are popculture references to remind him of home. Pierced Ears.

Clothes: White Dress shirt, Blue Slacks, Black Tie, Blue coat. Generally removes the coat and tie, and rolls up his sleeves for a fight though.

Weapons: Luke is experienced with many different weapons, and is very good at improvising as well. However there are a few weapons he calls his own, and is very experienced with.
A rapier, this thrusting sword is made of steel, and has decorative gold finish, A red sash covered in many runes, is attached to the end of the blade, and wraps around Luke's Arm to prevent from being disarmed, the sash is actually a relic of flame, and as long as it is attached to the rapier, the rapier is able to burst into flame, as well as discharge it.
A silver dagger, engraved with the symbol of a snake. The blade is hollow, and filled with poison, capable of rendering people stabbed with it paralyzed, In order for it to be truly effective, the entire cartridge must be discharged, which generally requires a death blow, but small cuts can still numb the nerves of a victim.
A customized M1911, this Gun is nickel plated, and holds and fires 7, .45 ACP rounds. Luke doesn't Carry extra ammo though, so 7 rounds is all he's got.

Abilities: Luke is not a special person in any way, his only special abilities come from a relic of ancient power he borrowed from a friend of his.
Powers of the Flame Sash: The Flame sash constantly emits heat, this heat sparks into combustion after 20 seconds. This is channeled into Luke's rapier, covering it in flame. The flame can also be projected through sweeps of Luke's rapier, extending his range by 20 yards, but also extinguishing the fire on Luke's rapier.

Personality: Luke is a carefree individual, and likes to take any oppurtunity he has, (You don't regret the things you do, you regret the things you didn't do) Fights are a source of entertainment for him, and dirty tricks are just a part of the game. Luke plays to win, and he plays hard, but he still likes fair fights, (After all, why else would he not carry any extra bullets?)

Background: Luke was just a normal person, growing up in modern day Manhattan, soon after graduating college, and getting a job as an accountant, a portal to another dimension opened up, being a curious individual, Luke entered with no hesitation.
What greeted him was a warm building, with a great flaming hearth, filled with tables capable of sitting thousands. From the other side of the room, a great voice boomed out, "WHO ARE YOU?!" Confused but interested, Luke replied, "I'm an accountant" "Sit before me! Accountant!" Shouted the voice. Luke then noticed a great towering 8 foot tall man, sitting in a throne before him. "Where is this place?" Asked Luke. and man replied "You stand in my corner of the Pathfinder's Guild, I am Warlord Garris, 3rd Leader of the Pathfinders. How did you come to get here without knowing that?" "I dunno, a door appeared before me while I was walking around and I opened it, then I ended up here. What's a Pathfinder?" Warlord Garris cocked an eyebrow, clearly finding Luke's story unbelievable. "Well, your here now anyways, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to tell you."
Garris explained to Luke that the Pathfinders are a guild of extra dimensional travelers, organized under eight leaders. Eventually Luke, incredibly interested in the idea of dimensional travel, Joined the pathfinders, and has spent the last 9 years as a member.