PDA

View Full Version : Seven Devils OOC

Calderthepirate
03-25-2012, 04:47 AM
Updated 3/26/2012

Seven Devils

A Realistic, Dark, Near Future, Super Hero/ Super Villain Tale

Brief Story

The sun beats down into an abandoned warehouse, where the dust is rising from the lack of upkeep. You slowly open your eyes, suffering from a terrible migraine that feels as though your head will just split into two. Even though the pain is great, you manage to look around. Six other's are finally opening their eyes to the sun which has now full invaded through the windows of the building. The others seem to also be in pain, moaning from the affliction. You have never seen any of these people in your life, they are new to you entirely.

You feel another pain begin to grow within you, a pain that is now forcing its way out. Others are also trembling from the pain, you clench your fist's then realize that there is something inside that was clearly not there in the beginning... You keep telling yourself everything is okay. Deep inside you know it to be false. Don't fight with the urge, it will consume you. Feel yourself change, and embrace the metamorphosis.

The year is 2031, The super powers have shifted dramatically after an arrangement of a treaty of Permanence. Thus a new world order is born. Our story takes place in a city in New India, which is located within the Polynesia island system within the pacific ocean. The city is the shining beacon of diverse cultures coming from all stretch's. Americans, Indians, Jewish, German, Spaniards, Latino's, African Americans, the city is known as the Neo Melting Pot.

The city is run by the major corporations that finance the democracy, fund the farms, and the national army. The biggest amongst the Corporations is King Tech. The corporation owns more than half the city, running its operations in the dark, encouraging and fueling criminal organizations to fight, seizure of power. Most cities crime rate is thanks to the choices made by King Tech to put these mobsters in control of gun rackets, protection rackets, and the such.

Weather on New India is tropical in nature, the rain is abundant, and the sun matches in value. The city purely looks like a cleaned up Miami before the Hurricane Ivan washed most of the coastal Floridian city away. King Tech made it very clear that what they decide to do in regards to human experimentation is completely legal and encouraged by their investors. They attempt to sugar coat the diabolical truth to their nature.

Now you lay upon the ground in a great sense of euphoria, you have been granted something spectacular... The use of this gift is completely up to the owner of the power. Will you use your abilities to come closer to the truth or use them for self gain and embellishment? You have begun this journey, this transformation... It has all came down to this.

Character sheet

-Basics-
Name :
Race :

- Appearance - ( Picture optional )
Eye Color :
Facial Features :
Physical Distinctions:
Height :
Weight :
Clothing :

-Other-
The Change : (What is different from your character opposed to the six others? Please plan it now, and have your character discover its full potential later.)
Misc : ( Anything else that you wish to add )

Rules

This is a realistic, near future , super hero/villain tale. While deciding the change, please keep in mind that the powers should be balanced, have their own pro's and con's.

Any Over the top powers, please just don't even use them. The key here is that the characters are not invulnerable to all adversaries.

Contribute to the story, but also allow others the same courtesy.

Post only on your turn, which we will decide when the roster is filled. This will prevent over posting, and leaving other players behind.

Posts must be Literate

No Godmodding... this simply goes without saying. You have to be willing to collaborate with players.

If you choose to leave the role play for what ever reason, please be willing to write an exit for your character.

Players are allowed to play as many EXTRA characters as they wish. The Application for Extra's is at the bottom of this thread.

Have Fun!!

Extra Character

Extra characters are non essential players that can be made to enrich the story, players are allowed to make as many extras as they see fit.

Name :
Race :
Misc : ( Anything you wish to add, that you feel must be explained or mentioned. )

How to join

Post your player profile on the thread. I have chose to not take PM's due to the fact that some members do not clean out their inbox's disallowing me to accept them into the role play through private message.

When will the Role play begin!?

When we have at least 4 players , and exactly 6 character bios (excluding my character).

Roster

Character sheet

Name : Jordan Rosemary Mitchell
Sex : female
Race : African-descended
Eye Color : amber

Facial Features : She has an oval shaped face with slightly pouting lips of medium plumpness. Her cheekbones are slightly high making for subtle definition but not considerably fine features. Her nose is pert with a long bridge and her eyes distinctly almond-shaped.

http://www.showhairstyle.com/wp-cont...ium-length.jpg

Physical Distinctions: Jordan’s hair is naturally curly and resists being straightened for long periods of time. She is a shapely girl with a decidedly hourglass figure, and most people would call her a little leggy with long arms. Being of African descent ensures that much of her weight lies in her bust, bottom, hips, and thighs. But she likes the fact that at least she is proportional. Her skin is a smooth, caramel complexion. And recently, she has developed dimples from a very humorous life up to this point.

Height : 5’8”
Weight : 142 lbs.

Clothing : She prefers comfortable clothing to apparel that is too tight fitting. More often than not, Jordan can be found wearing solid-colored or graphic, fitted tees. Her favorite leg-wear is a comfortable pair of jeans, but she’ll wear shorts on hot days. She doesn’t care much for matching. Her style is tasteful discord, which means that, depending on her mood, she will toss on a sweater with Capri pants or even a tank top and Corduroys while topping it all off with a scarf wrapped around her slender neck, and let’s not forget the flip-flops.

Personality Pro's : Jordan is ever the optimist. She is a firm believer of that silver lining that’s supposed to be around everything as well as humanity’s inherent goodness. She can be sweet as well. She likes people in her own way; she usually will not be the one to start a conversation, but she does like to talk. Sometimes she is whimsical and childlike, but she won’t show this side to just anyone for fear someone might take advantage. She has a good sense of right and wrong, but she doesn’t always do well in situations that pose moral dilemmas. She feels deeply for things and will act before planning if something tugs at her heart strings hard enough. In most ways she is a good girl with a free spirit and much love to give.

Personality Flaws : Jordan is introverted. She has a hard time connecting with other people. She is kind, but what good does it do if she has trouble expressing herself? With those she feels comfortable with, she speaks and acts as garrulous everyone else, but then there is the issue of her temper. Jordan is picky on certain subjects. There are a select group of things that really “grinds her gears” and because of her quiet nature, when she goes off, it can be quite explosive. She gets nervous easily and if anxious enough will resort to the childhood habit of near obsessive nail-biting. And in a funny twist of events, she cannot under any circumstances wear high-heeled shoes. She has acrophobia, and being 5 foot 8 inches does not help. She despises that she turned out so tall, and on occasion, she experiences vertigo from her own height.

The Change : [I hope you don’t mind Calder. I couldn’t think of just how to explain her change in description alone, so I figured I’d make my change description also my RP sample. ^^ p.s. Thoughts are in ‘’ marks]

‘It hurts… everything hurts.’ Jordan felt her body. She really felt it. How could anyone ignore such screaming agony. Her insides felt like they had been rearranged and set on fire. As she worked to move her sluggish extremities, she tried to remember something. Anything that could explain what was going on. However, it seemed she was experiencing some kind of amnesia. How long had she been out? Hours? Days? As a matter of fact, where the heck was she anyway? She only had a brief glimpse of intense pain before even that snippet of the past was lost to her aching mind. Her thoughts raced while she moved herself bit by bit. Her toes twitched sending little stabbing shocks of pain like bits of glass, and moving her feet had much the same affect. ‘Well, at least I know why I hurt so bad…’ She had definitely been in her current slouching position for a while. Her whole body had gone to sleep. “I think it’s safe to say I passed out.” There was something comforting about speaking to oneself, and in her case, anything that kept her focus away from the hurt was good.

“Ow, damn it…” she hissed between clenched teeth. She had finally straightened into an erect posture, and her frame ached with protest. Through all her motion, she hadn’t done the one thing that should have come first. Open her eyes. She knew it was because whatever had happened to her was something she probably didn’t want to know. She already felt like she’d been trampled. Why make her pain worse? What if she had been kidnapped and locked in a basement? Or what if she had been snatched by a Techie? Hell, what if she was dead? There was only one way to find out, right? Right. “Here goes…” her voice was raspy. ‘My throat’s too dry.’ Next on her list was to get some water. That was, if she could move.

She peeked her brown eyes open slowly. “Gah!” It only took a second to be blinded by the sun. She whimpered softly. Screaming just made her hurt worse. ‘Go slower, idiot.’ She scoffed. Since when was it normal to be admonished by your own self? But she did open her lids slower the next time around, and what she saw confused her greatly. “Well…at least it’s not a basement.” She squinted usually wide eyes around the room taking note of the seemingly deserted place. That was until she heard groaning to her left and right. With greats pains she oriented herself so she could look around, and to her increasing surprise there were six more people in the room with her. They all seemed to be waking up like she did with painful slowness and much cursing. At least she wasn’t alone.

She managed a little smile even if it was uncomfortable with her still unconscious face muscles. Not being by herself made things a little better, even if she didn’t know anyone. Preparing to speak a little louder, her breath hitched as the same hot knife feeling in her gut grew a hundred-fold, “Ugh, what the..ah!” She couldn’t help the string of expletives that fell from her lips while she doubled over. Amazingly enough, her body moved of its own accord. Her spine arched sharply drawing another cry from her strained trachea. Her teeth gnashed. She clawed the filthy floor trying her hardest to fight the surge of ungodly activity in her body. She swore her bones were moving. Her blood felt like acid in her veins. She bit her tongue through the whole of whatever transformation was taking her over and gagged at the blood filling her mouth. Maybe she was dying after all? But before she returned to the unconscious world of blissful darkness, it was over.

Once again her thoughts had shattered like so many bits of crystal. As she lie panting and convulsing on the ground, changes about her form would be found. Her hair had taken on a red hue, making the logs go from deep brown to a shade of cherry wood. Her figure, once slender, had become strangely more voluptuous, but the most striking feature of all was the color of her eyes. No longer were they cool amber but a bright acidic green, but Jordan wouldn’t know this. And no one was there to tell her of her physical changes. She would only last mere moments before being taken into sleep’s embrace once again, a slowly deepening hole accompanied by curious sizzling where the blood dripped from her parted lips.

Kris
03-25-2012, 10:13 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Calderthepirate
03-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Seven Devils Compendium

-Intro-

Here you can research all the terms, important figures, ideas and such of the Seven Devils World. The City is a huge place, with many differences to our own world, but with this guide I hope you will find some ease in the transition.

People

Ron Urden - Now the president of King Tech, Urden was once a high elected political figure on New India. Once the corporations began to seize power on the island, Urden murdered, swindled and fought his way up through the corporate ladder to sit at the top. A firm believer in doing anything that has to be done to get the results he desires, cutting people out of his way is common place. He is responsible for most of the crime related wars on New India's low class zones.

Timothy Urden - Ron's brother only by blood. Timothy worked his way through the police academy, trying to put scum like his brother behind bars. When his brother took control of King Tech, he made sure his brother wouldn't be harmed. Even though they are brothers, Timothy has tried relentlessly over the years to bring him down.

The Bulls - Simply named The Bull, he is the towns worst nightmare. A pure criminal by any means. The Bull has made a reputation for crime rackets, chop shops, protection profits, Assassinations. If it makes money, and is by all means evil, The Bull knows it.

NICA - The New India Citizen Army, is a small group of rebels that have been dishing out their vigilante justice over the years. They are the only friendly faces in bad areas.

Q-tips - A white supremacy gang that controls a small portion of the city, lead by their leader, Q-tip.

Places

-South District -
Controlled by : King Tech
Zones : Mostly industrial, small residential areas here and there.

-West District -
Controlled by : King Tech & Q-Tips
Zones : Residential, Commercial, and Industrial.

-East District -
Controlled by : King Tech & The Bulls
Zones : Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Military.

-North District -
Controlled by : NICA
Zones : Residential, Commercial, Airport, General Hospital, Main Police Department.

Deunan
03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Character sheet

Name : Jordan Rosemary Mitchell
Sex : female
Race : African-descended
Eye Color : amber

Facial Features : She has an oval shaped face with slightly pouting lips of medium plumpness. Her cheekbones are slightly high making for subtle definition but not considerably fine features. Her nose is pert with a long bridge and her eyes distinctly almond-shaped.

http://www.showhairstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Curly-Hairstyles-for-African-American-Women-medium-length.jpg

Physical Distinctions: Jordan’s hair is naturally curly and resists being straightened for long periods of time. She is a shapely girl with a decidedly hourglass figure, and most people would call her a little leggy with long arms. Being of African descent ensures that much of her weight lies in her bust, bottom, hips, and thighs. But she likes the fact that at least she is proportional. Her skin is a smooth, caramel complexion. And recently, she has developed dimples from a very humorous life up to this point.

Height : 5’8”
Weight : 142 lbs.

Clothing : She prefers comfortable clothing to apparel that is too tight fitting. More often than not, Jordan can be found wearing solid-colored or graphic, fitted tees. Her favorite leg-wear is a comfortable pair of jeans, but she’ll wear shorts on hot days. She doesn’t care much for matching. Her style is tasteful discord, which means that, depending on her mood, she will toss on a sweater with Capri pants or even a tank top and Corduroys while topping it all off with a scarf wrapped around her slender neck, and let’s not forget the flip-flops.

Personality Pro's : Jordan is ever the optimist. She is a firm believer of that silver lining that’s supposed to be around everything as well as humanity’s inherent goodness. She can be sweet as well. She likes people in her own way; she usually will not be the one to start a conversation, but she does like to talk. Sometimes she is whimsical and childlike, but she won’t show this side to just anyone for fear someone might take advantage. She has a good sense of right and wrong, but she doesn’t always do well in situations that pose moral dilemmas. She feels deeply for things and will act before planning if something tugs at her heart strings hard enough. In most ways she is a good girl with a free spirit and much love to give.

Personality Flaws : Jordan is introverted. She has a hard time connecting with other people. She is kind, but what good does it do if she has trouble expressing herself? With those she feels comfortable with, she speaks and acts as garrulous everyone else, but then there is the issue of her temper. Jordan is picky on certain subjects. There are a select group of things that really “grinds her gears” and because of her quiet nature, when she goes off, it can be quite explosive. She gets nervous easily and if anxious enough will resort to the childhood habit of near obsessive nail-biting. And in a funny twist of events, she cannot under any circumstances wear high-heeled shoes. She has acrophobia, and being 5 foot 8 inches does not help. She despises that she turned out so tall, and on occasion, she experiences vertigo from her own height.

The Change : [I hope you don’t mind Calder. I couldn’t think of just how to explain her change in description alone, so I figured I’d make my change description also my RP sample. ^^ p.s. Thoughts are in ‘’ marks]

‘It hurts… everything hurts.’ Jordan felt her body. She really felt it. How could anyone ignore such screaming agony. Her insides felt like they had been rearranged and set on fire. As she worked to move her sluggish extremities, she tried to remember something. Anything that could explain what was going on. However, it seemed she was experiencing some kind of amnesia. How long had she been out? Hours? Days? As a matter of fact, where the heck was she anyway? She only had a brief glimpse of intense pain before even that snippet of the past was lost to her aching mind. Her thoughts raced while she moved herself bit by bit. Her toes twitched sending little stabbing shocks of pain like bits of glass, and moving her feet had much the same affect. ‘Well, at least I know why I hurt so bad…’ She had definitely been in her current slouching position for a while. Her whole body had gone to sleep. “I think it’s safe to say I passed out.” There was something comforting about speaking to oneself, and in her case, anything that kept her focus away from the hurt was good.

“Ow, damn it…” she hissed between clenched teeth. She had finally straightened into an erect posture, and her frame ached with protest. Through all her motion, she hadn’t done the one thing that should have come first. Open her eyes. She knew it was because whatever had happened to her was something she probably didn’t want to know. She already felt like she’d been trampled. Why make her pain worse? What if she had been kidnapped and locked in a basement? Or what if she had been snatched by a Techie? Hell, what if she was dead? There was only one way to find out, right? Right. “Here goes…” her voice was raspy. ‘My throat’s too dry.’ Next on her list was to get some water. That was, if she could move.

She peeked her brown eyes open slowly. “Gah!” It only took a second to be blinded by the sun. She whimpered softly. Screaming just made her hurt worse. ‘Go slower, idiot.’ She scoffed. Since when was it normal to be admonished by your own self? But she did open her lids slower the next time around, and what she saw confused her greatly. “Well…at least it’s not a basement.” She squinted usually wide eyes around the room taking note of the seemingly deserted place. That was until she heard groaning to her left and right. With greats pains she oriented herself so she could look around, and to her increasing surprise there were six more people in the room with her. They all seemed to be waking up like she did with painful slowness and much cursing. At least she wasn’t alone.

She managed a little smile even if it was uncomfortable with her still unconscious face muscles. Not being by herself made things a little better, even if she didn’t know anyone. Preparing to speak a little louder, her breath hitched as the same hot knife feeling in her gut grew a hundred-fold, “Ugh, what the..ah!” She couldn’t help the string of expletives that fell from her lips while she doubled over. Amazingly enough, her body moved of its own accord. Her spine arched sharply drawing another cry from her strained trachea. Her teeth gnashed. She clawed the filthy floor trying her hardest to fight the surge of ungodly activity in her body. She swore her bones were moving. Her blood felt like acid in her veins. She bit her tongue through the whole of whatever transformation was taking her over and gagged at the blood filling her mouth. Maybe she was dying after all? But before she returned to the unconscious world of blissful darkness, it was over.

Once again her thoughts had shattered like so many bits of crystal. As she lie panting and convulsing on the ground, changes about her form would be found. Her hair had taken on a red hue, making the logs go from deep brown to a shade of cherry wood. Her figure, once slender, had become strangely more voluptuous, but the most striking feature of all was the color of her eyes. No longer were they cool amber but a bright acidic green, but Jordan wouldn’t know this. And no one was there to tell her of her physical changes. She would only last mere moments before being taken into sleep’s embrace once again, a slowly deepening hole accompanied by curious sizzling where the blood dripped from her parted lips.

Calderthepirate
03-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I got your Pm, tried replying but it continued to say that your inbox was full. Yes you are accepted. :D

Deunan
03-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Awesome. Sorry about that. ^^; I erased my inbox but I'm not sure if its working right yet. Can't wait to rp though. ^^

F_is_for_fabs
03-27-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm really interested in this RP - I'll write my character bio and post it soon-ish :)

Calderthepirate
03-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm really interested in this RP - I'll write my character bio and post it soon-ish :)

Awesome :D !

Ladaron
03-29-2012, 06:36 PM
will have cs up later

Mozaic
03-30-2012, 12:44 AM
I shall be trying to get up a cs soon.

Calderthepirate
03-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Alright, if the players who stated they would play end up playing, we would have the minimum number of players.
Just letting people know, that does not mean no one else can join and play though. If you wish to join after all the main player slots have been taken, feel free to join as an extra, or side character.

Mozaic
04-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea Duenan. It really just helped with explaining the change though.

And sorry this took so long,. Life has been hectic with school stuff.

-Basics-

Name: Orion Nathaniel Bell
Sex: Male
Race: European

- Appearance –

Eye Color: Dark Green

Facial Features: Nate has always looked a great deal like his mother. He grew out of it more as he got older, but there still remained a few feminine qualities. His thick ebony curls are untamable forming around the frame of his face, and coming down to the bridge of his neck. His chin is narrow, and rounded at the end. His jaw line is strong, but smoothly rounds his face. His eyes are deep slightly shadowed by his brows. His cheeks still have this baby-ish quality. His nose is long, but slender widening at the bottom. He has the pale complexion of his father. The strongest features he inherited were from the Romanian, and Italian heritage of his mother.

Physical Distinctions: He’s got a fairly slender frame, with a muscular build.

Height: 5’11
Weight: 175

Clothing: Fairly casual, and a bit bum-ish. Aside from trying to keep his hair out of his eyes, and his face well shaved he doesn’t put much effort into his appearance. You’ll often see him though in a pair of combat boots, and a trench coat. When he dresses up he’ll most likely be missing a tie or it will be knotted in all the wrong sort of ways.

-Other-

The Change: Nate woke up gasping for air. His throat felt like it was closing in on itself. His body felt incredibly tense. Pain sifted through him like it was some sort of living substance. He could see blood seeping through his pours, and in his hands were pieces of metallic red shards. He tipped it as he attempted to push himself up. When he looked back the shards had become a smear of red liquid. He shook as he became more aware of his condition. He was close to dead. Nate looked around wearied eyed, and fully in a daze. Everything for a moment became louder, then dropped to silence repeating this pattern consistently until Nate just covered his ears.

Water fell on him, but it was falling up instead of down. Putting his right arm against the wall for balance he stretched out his left. On it the water had crystalized with his blood. It reminded him of the scales of a lizard. The pressure of it forming tightened his muscles more. He clenched his fist trying to endure the pain for a little longer. His bones were starting to feel like they were ready to crumble, and he felt faint because of the loss of blood.

He clenched his teeth dragging his fingers through his mess of hair. Screaming felt like a waste right now. Instead he focused on trying to numb the pain by trying to subdue whatever force was weighing down upon him. The more energy he put into it the more the liquids around him and in him drew together crushing him, and piecing through his skin. Nate began choking on his saliva. Blood dripped down his lips. He buckled over groaning in agony. Inner peace had never been one of his strong suits, but at the moment not fighting was the only thing he could think of. He let himself fall to the ground. His eyes remained opened wide staring narrowly out as the water collected underneath them. He let go allowing himself to come no more than a surface for moisture to gather. Drip. Drop.

Misc.: He has an above average intelligence and a twin sister somewhere out there. They were separated at a young age when they were put into the foster care system by the government. He knows how to use a katana, and chopsticks.

F_is_for_fabs
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
having to repost because of the downed server - only just noticed :/ Hope you accept me :)

Name: Kuro Akera
Sex : Male
Race: Human (Japanese Origin)

Eye Color : Hazel (becomes Violet)

Facial Features: Kuro has an angular face, with high cheekbones and a defined jaw. His skin is smooth with no stubble, and has a faint beige tone. His eyes are angular, and his gaze is enticingly soft.

Physical Distinctions: Kuro has a noticeably broad back and chest, and strong wide shoulders, giving him an almost triangular appearance. His hair appears black at a glance, but on closer inspection is more midnight blue. Cropped to a medium-short length, it is brushed to one side resulting in a carefree quiff, a few stray strands of hair often escaping his fingers and left to tickle his forehead. He has numerous scars across his upper body and one perfectly semicircular scar running from his left earlobe to his adam’s apple, attributed to what he claims to be a ‘cooking accident’ when he was a child.

Height : 6'1"
Weight : 190 lbs.

Clothing: Kuro is most often seen wearing fashionably torn jeans a fitted white t-shirt, his only protection against the cold a grey hoodie that is often ¾ zipped up. His footwear of choice is a pair of brown, unlaced military style boots, but he occasionally wears trainers instead. When it suits him he exchanges his jeans and t-shirt for a pair of cargo shorts and a green, red and blue faded checkered flannel shirt.

Personality Pros: Kuro is resilient, kind and has an unbreakable resolve. No matter the situation he will always ensure that what he wants to happen will happen, whether it is by cunning, force or negotiation. He is unwaveringly loyal to those that he knows, and will do anything to protect them.

Personality Cons: Kuro finds it difficult to trust new people. Due to certain events in his past that he has deliberately repressed and subsequently forgotten, he immediately takes other people and face value, judging them and making assumptions about them. He has a terrible fear of closed spaces, and finds it very hard to be alone with other people he doesn’t know.

The Change: The first thing he heard was footsteps; deliberate and loud, each thud ending with a crackle and a small splash as water and gravel were ground together into the cold concrete of the corridor outside. He knew what was coming, and although he knew it was inevitable, his mind once again flurried with escape possibilities, each growing more frantic and fantastical as the heavy footfalls outside grew louder. ‘Maybe they’ll forget to handcuff me after it happens’ Thud, thud, thud ‘perhaps they’re coming to left me go’ Thud, thud, thud, ‘if I can just get my hand free then maybe…’ His last thought was cut off as the sound of a chain clinking and unraveling and dropping to the floor was heard outside. He went numb inside, his body beginning to shake. The cruel sounds of metal scraping against concrete erased any resolve he may previously have had, replacing it with pure, uncontrollable terror. There was a clinking of keys, then a loud clatter as one was thrust into the lock of his door and turned, the rusty metal groaning noticeably at being forced into action. What sounded like a heavy bolt being undone followed and then the metal hinges creaked, as the door was forced open. A dull green light flooded the room from the corridor outside, appearing blinding to him as it pierced his eyes, but there was nothing he could do to shield himself. His eyes began to water, and through the hazy film that covered his cornea he saw a huge, burly figure advancing on him, the instrument of his torture gleaming in the assailants hand. The first blow was agony, and the second tore his skin. Blood flecked from the chain as it was whirled back and forth, hammering into his back with immense force, each blow casing large welts to erupt under his skin, and a loud scream to escape his lips. He began to slip in and out of consciousness, each blow bringing him sharply back to reality, before quickly slipping back into the void, the pain never once ceasing, or relenting until all he knew was agony, and he prayed for death to come and relieve him from his tormentor…

It was agony beyond agony. Kuro fluttered his eyelids and groaned, scrabbling for the source of the pain in his back. As he opened his eyes he was instantly blinded by the vibrant sunlight that flooded into the warehouse, and so slammed them shut again. He briefly remembered his dream, and moaned in fear at the thought of it being reality. The pain was spreading through his body, unrelenting and unforgiving. He arched his back, grunting and clenching his fists, trying to reason why he felt as he did. As the pain peaked, he screamed and rolled onto his front, pounding his fist into the floor in an attempt to distract himself. This did nothing to relinquish the fire inside him, so he lay there, curled into a ball and tried not to move. His heart raced at a speed he feared would cause it to burst, but he could think of nothing that would help, and so lay there wishing the agony to vanish.

After what felt like an eternity the fire in his bones began to lessen, and he gradually began to move his arms and legs, working out the stiffness caused by him fearsome clenching. His heart still raced at an incomprehensible speed, but it was less alarming to him now, and strangely felt natural. He opened his eyes, and was confused to see others around him, each seemingly experiencing what he had just been through. However, he was disturbed to note that not one of those around him was moving, as though he was the centerpiece of a perverse agony painting. He slowly rose to his feet and looked around. There were six other people in the warehouse with him, each with varying expressions of anguish on their faces, and he moved among them, trying to stir each one from their petrified state. As none responded to him, he wondered briefly if they were dead, but was then distracted by strange clouds of dust blooming out of the ground. On closer inspection he noticed each cloud was footprint shaped at the base and that dust was rising upward and outward from each base, those further away from him higher than those close to him. It suddenly dawned on him that these curious plumes were caused by him own feet, and that, even as he watched, dust was creeping immensely slowly upward from where his feet rested.

Watching the dust rise around him caused a clear calm to wash over Kuro, and the longer he watched, the calmer he felt. While he watched he noticed that his heart rate was slowing, and as it slowed, then events around him began to speed up. Almost before it had begun slowing it leveled out, and the events around him seemed to have reverted to normal time. Confused but excited by what he had just experienced, Kuro stood there, his Violet eyes ablaze as he watched the six other before him slowly recover from their agonizing ordeal…

Delicross
04-16-2012, 05:25 AM
I wanna join! -twirls around and grins- Let me go get my CS all set up an fancy like! <3

-Basics-
Name : Duo Renaldi
Sex : Female
Race : Mixed Ethnicity

- Appearance -
Eye Color : Bright blue eyes
Facial Features : A "baby face" like quality. Full lips, round nose, slightly round face, high cheek bones. Long full lashes accent her bright eyes
Physical Distinctions: Duo's hair is long and thick with waves of dark brown and reddish brown highlights. Often, her hair is tied back in a braid that reaches her hips giving her hair a striped looked. Her body type is thick, wide shoulders and hips with thick thighs, no worries though, she's mostly muscle.
Height : 5"6'
Weight : 170lb
Clothing : Often baggy and loose, Duo's clothes are often just T-shirts and shorts. She loves camouflage print designs on her clothes and loves it when she finds a weird color of camouflage. When she's not wearing camouflage, Duo loves to wear brightly colored shirts with intricate designs on them. Her pants tend to stay towards baggy jeans and shorts or sweats. She's not one to really dress up though she often wears necklaces and bangles. Duo has been known to get cornrows and add bells or other bright bits to them just for fun.
When it comes to dresses though, when she's forced into them, Duo can really clean up. Her style in dresses is often bright and tastefully designed to draw attention to the pattern rather than her body.

Personality Pros: Duo is a high energy woman who almost always has a ready smile and comforting thing to say should the need arise. She makes friends easily in most cases though she can't get along with people she thinks are idiots. She is a deep thinker and understands things much better than she lets on.
Personality Cons: Duo's high energy often has her feeling restless and during times of physical restraint she can drift off. Despite her ability to make friends with people easily, she doesn't trust many people. She's also been known to get so deep in thought that she walks into things or forgets about other things she needs to do. Duo tends to have a short temper at times as well.

-Other-
The Change : As Duo came around to being slightly aware of what was going on she registered a blazing headache first and foremost. It felt as if something had taken up residence in her frontal lobe and was remodeling the interior of her skull. The pain was so bad that even with her eyes shut the sunlight that was filtering in from somewhere was sending stabbing pain into her skull. Why did she have such a headache? She didn't remember getting drunk or being hit by something.

Slowly, Duo shifted and cried out as her muscles twisted under her flesh. Oh for the love of all the was powerful! Did she get hit by a truck!? The twisting of her muscles had her gasping for air as the pain started to sink into her very blood. Tears started to roll down the young woman's face as even the soft shifting of her body as she breathed caused throbbing pain to ratchet through her system.

A cold sweat and the chills soon set in along with the pain. Her muscles started to twitch and jerk making her shake slightly like she was cold. Her teeth chattered and caused her to clench her teeth shut. It felt like an eternity before the pain and the shakes started to become less intense. The head ache didn't budge a bit though she could feel more of the sun on her body now than it had been earlier. How... how long had she been laying here? Her nose was starting to run too. With the ebbing of the pain, Duo was capable of focusing on the discomfort she was feeling like the aching of her body, the discomfort of being on the floor, her allergy to dust flaring up, how gross she felt covered in cooling sweat.

Despite her normal avoidance of pain, Duo opened her eyes. She let out a soft groan as her eyes became slitted and allowed the sun to pierce her skull like a sword. Was that... was that a person next to her? She suddenly sneezed and felt like her brain was being shook like an etch-a-sketch as she pushed herself up. The hell was she doing next to someone!? Pushing herself up wasn't much of a good idea, her head was spinning and she felt immediately sick to her stomach.
As the world spun she became aware of the dirt under her hands. It wasn't just dust anymore, it was... more. Oh what was her brain doing now? It just needed to shut up and stop hurting.