PDA

View Full Version : SCAR: The Thrill of the Chase[M] RP between Kirra and Nazguljcg

Kirra
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
His first mission. Chase was to excited to sleep. He had tried to rest for a few hours on and off, but he couldn't keep still. Thinking about it had made him to antsy to sit still. Ever since he was told of his placement with and advanced squad, Chase wouldn't shut up about it. It was starting to bother some of the other recruits. One even threw a shoe at him. But after a while Chase was able to keep his excitement to himself. At least until he was in his room.

Finally the day had arrived. He was to meet with the leader of the group, Tabitha Bronson, for a basic mission overview and a rundown of who will be joining them. Of course, Chase had already seen the files on most of the team. And the secure files where only small issue. He was able to gather just as much information through the rumor mill around Three Mile Island. Many of the other recruits and operatives always had something to say about these guys.

First there was Tech. He was the kind of guy you wanted around if there was any computer issue. A super computer for a brain apparently. This guy was considered the code master. Then there was Tank. The complete opposite of Tech, but the two where inseparable friends. From what Chase could gather, she was able to use her power to make her skin nearly impenetrable and lift a car over her head. Apparently it was some form of telekinesis that could only be used on her own body. The next member of the team was Phase. She was by far the oddest member of the team. She could make her body shift out of a physical form. And if she felt like it, she could take things with her. The applications of this where astronomical. She could literally make a bullet pass through everyone on her team or plant a bomb inside a creatures stomach. But from what Chase had heard, she was always a little off.

And then there was the leader. Chase had only been able to hear rumors about her. Apparently she was coincided one the most powerful operatives that SCAR has ever had. She had only been with Scar for four years and already has clearance at level 2. Her power where supposed to carry no draw backs. Something they say never happens. Although Chase really didn't see any draw backs to his powers. Sure there where some things he wished he could forget, but nothing major. Beyond that, he really didn't know much about her.

After a few hours had passed, Chase looked at the clock for the hundredth time. 21:40. Only 20 minutes until he had to meet up with her. Normally he would take this time to get ready. But the meeting place was only a minute or two away, and he had his gear ready since 7:00. He hoped up from his bed and quickly changed. His attire had been cleaned and pressed. He wanted to make the best impression possible.

After enough time had passed Chase headed to the meeting zone. He was exactly one time. But where was she? Chase scanned the room twice. Even thou once was enough for him. He had seen her picture before. He knew exactly who to look for. Had he been wrong about the time? Did he miss the meeting? No, he knew that wasn't the case. Maybe they changed their mind. Maybe he wasn't good enough for the elite group. What could it be?

Chase starting pacing back and forth. "Where is she? Damn it, she forgot about me and found someone else didn't she? Why do I always get my hopes up like this?" He finally calmed himself enough to sit on the bench against the wall. 'Just relax. Maybe she is running late. Not everyone is as exact about time as you are.' But after five minutes passed, Chase started to get nervous again. "Crap! What did I do wrong?" He slumped in his seat and put his hands in his face. 'I knew I should have asked to redo the course. Someone beat me out. But who?' He sat their sulking thinking he had made the biggest mistake of his life.

John
02-22-2010, 07:20 PM
http://pixdaus.com/small3/AC9YnZTXZqU9YaMrHs.jpeg (http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=22189&from=forum)

Tabitha sat in front of a mirror, brushing her hair. That is to say, the brush appeared to be moving by itself and her hands were occupied with a game of cat’s cradle. Tabitha wasn’t like most SCAR operatives. Her power held no drawbacks of any kind and as such, she used them often. In fact, she used them so much, that her father would tell her that she needed to stop or she would become totally reliant on them.

As the brush continued to move through her hair, the fridge door opened by itself and a glass floated out of the cupboard and came to rest on the countertop. A Carton of juice floated out of the fridge and filled the glass before returning to it’s rightful place. The glass floated off the counter and into Tabitha’s hand and she took a sip. Getting up form the chair, the brush moved to it’s place on the dressing table and Tabitha moved to the couch and sat down, reading the newspaper. A part of her felt like she was forgetting something. She culd often become easily distracted and was finding that happening now as she looked at an advertisement for a shoe sale. Her distraction was broken when the phone rang. Picking it up, she listened to the voice on the other end.

“Hello Tabitha.” The voice sounded rather concerned.

“Hi dad,” Tabitha’s voice was bubbly and she was smiling. “What’s up?”

“Don’t you have somewhere you need to be?” The smile quickly faded from her face as she realized she was aalte to meet Chase.

“Oh shit. Sorry dad. I will leave right away.” Tabitha got up and grabbed the mission file out of the pile on the coffe table.

“Don’t worry Tabitha. Just keep your mind on the task at hand and please be careful. I love you Tabby” Tabitha smiled.

“I love you too” Tabitha hung up the phone and tossed it on the couch and left her room.

It didn’t take her long to reach the meeting place and she saw Chase sitting on a bench looking a little worried. She wasn’t that late, only thirty minutes. Walking towards him she extended a hand and smiled.

“I’m sorry I’m late. Really hard to get my hair just so.” Tabitha giggled a little. “I’m Tabitha Bronson by the way.” Tabitha was starting to find herself distracted again. Chase was quite attractive in her mind and he had beautiful eyes. Eyes which she found herself becoming lost in. She shook her head slightly and the smile faded from her face.

“So what exactly have you been told about the mission?” Tabitha didn’t want to tell him that she hadn’t actually read the file and she didn’t know much. She knew their destination and that they would be meeting other operatives when they got there. But she found mission reports to be quite boring and would hardly ever read them thoroughly.

Kirra
02-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Chase nearly jumped up at the sound of steps coming to him. Ignoring the first few, Chase realized that they where coming towards him when they didn't turn. If he hadn't had his face in his hands, he would have saw her the instant she entered sight range. Tabitha had finally showed and Chase finally was able to breath again. He looked up, still a little worried. 'What if she only showed up to tell me the mission was canceled? I mean she is the team leader, why else would she be late to anything? Oh god what happened?' He was sitting there worried when she walked up.

A ravishing girl with short pink hair and soft kind eyes. As Tabatha got close he noticed her outfit. He had heard rumors about her never wearing battle armor, but he never expected this. The cute little suit only made he seem more attractive. 'Maybe the creatures just couldn't hurt someone so cute.' Chase couldn't help his thoughts as he caught himself eying the woman. Her picture didn't do her justice.

Her introduction was kind. And her explanation seemed sincere, but he could tell she simply lost track of time. Chase stood to his full height, only about an inch higher than hers. He smiled brightly at her. "Yes, mam. I am Chase Holdsfield. I have completely read over the mission report. I was able to ascertain that we are being flown two hundred miles south to remote location that has seen some odd activity of late. We are to figure out what is going on and do what we can to fix the situation. Of course the large chunk that is considered level 3 clearance is beyond my ability to read, but I was informed that you could fill me in on that once we got in the plane. Don't worry mam. I won't ask any questions about it until then. I understand the security risk."

His whole introduction was almost all said in one breath. Chase was to nervous to stop and breath. He thought if he did, that he would forget what he was talking about. Which of course for Chase, was impossible. He hoped beyond hope that he didn't freak out his superior. Chase couldn't help but look around the room. A habit he had every time he got to nervous.

Of course, it was the same room as it always was. High arched ceiling painted pure white. The tile floor almost spotless, save for the new scuff prints from today's passers by, with a new coat of wax and freshly cleaned the night before. The windows, replacing the walls every ten feet, stretching from the floor all the way to the roof. Chase loved this room because he could see out into Three Mile Island. The beautiful grass stretched as far as he could see. The trees in the distance blowing softly in the wind. But he had to come back to the moment at hand.

Chase looked back at Tabitha and smiled again. He tried to keep a form similar to the military's attention stance. "Sorry mam. It's just a little to take in sometimes. I mean you're a legend around here." He bowed at the waist. "It's and honor to even be considered to join your side. I promise to do my best to not disappoint you." He stood back up still keeping his form. "I am ready to leave whenever you are."

John
02-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Tabitha blushed slightly though her face held a look of surprise mixed with disbelief. This was definitely something she wasn’t used to seeing. Though she did find it refreshing, if not a little odd that he was so anxious bout the mission. All in all, Tabitha thought he seemed quite awkward.

“First things first,” Tabitha smiled and her voice was calm. “Please don’t call me ma’am. I’m not your mother. Call me Tabitha, or Tabby if you like. Hell call me bitch, just not ma’am.” Tabitha laughed a little.

“Your training’s done. You can relax now.” she brought up her hands and made a downward motion. “I’m not your instructor. I’m sure we are going to get along just fine.” Tabitha tilted her head sideways and smiled at Chase, looking directly into his eyes.

“Well I think we have a plane to catch,” Tabitha opened the file and started skimming through it to get a little more detail on the mission. Starting with where they were going. Walking down the hall in the direction of the hangar, she began to speak.

“It seems we are going to Fonseca, Peru to investigate a demon attack. We will be meeting other operatives there. As this is your first mission I urge you to be extra cautious. A demon is not something to be taken lightly. Now do you have any questions?” They arrived at the door of the hangar and Tabitha opened it, motioning Chase inside.

Kirra
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Chase couldn't help but be taken in by Tabitha's beauty. The blood rushing to her cheeks only made her appearance more attractive. Her soft features and shy actions seemed to disprove all the rumors about her ferocity. How could anyone so fragile looking be any kind of fighter. Chase caught himself thinking about her a little to much. He shook his head violently to bring his senses back.

Tabitha tried to tell him to loosen up. It would be difficult for him to calm down. But if she wanted him too, then Chase would try his best. "Yes ma... Yes Tabitha." She was right. Training was over. The instructors there would have never let him relax. But on the day of graduation, they all seemed to loosen up. It was like they finally accepted the trainees as one of them. Chase sighed a sigh of relief. "Yeah, sorry."

He followed Tabitha through the halls towards the hanger. Chase watched as she skimmed through the file. 'Does she even know what we're suppose to do? The instructors always had memorized the information. But of course this isn't training anymore.' But he always assumed this was something they where trained to do.

Chase listened to the mission overview with a bit of wonder. "A demon. That's a big deal. What's it doing? Possessing people? That rather uncommon is it?" He had read reports of demon possessions before. They almost never ended well. They had found ways to deal with the issue before. But Chase had never heard of one actually being killed. "So what are we suppose to do about it?"

As Chase waited for his reply, he scanned interior of the plane. He couldn't help but spout off the details of it. "A tilt-rotor style, combining the vertical lift capability of a helicopter with the speed and range of a conventional fixed-wing aircraft. Average cruise speed of 250 knots. Carbine steal plating with bulletproof double tempered glass. Vinyl seats with woven together with cotton stitching. Of course it does loose a large amount of payload with this design. But for distance, it can't be beat with any other rotatory style aircraft." He glanced at Tabitha who was looking at him wide eyed and confused. "I'm sorry. I saw an article about this particular plane five years ago. I guess I should tell you, things kind of stick with me." He smiled softly at her hoping she wouldn't think he was crazy.

John
03-04-2010, 02:05 AM
As Tabitha and Chase approached the plane, she felt a bit of embarrassment at the fact she really didn’t know what they were supposed to do. She also felt amazement at Chase’s knowledge of the plane itself. Even though Tabitha would be flying it, she knew nothing about it.

“I’m sorry Chase,” Tabitha had a look of remorse on her face. “I really don’t know what we are going for. I will be honest, I didn’t read the file. Personally I tend to find reports boring and long and just can’t get into them. I’m more of a blunt instrument when it comes to missions.” Tabitha then did something she wasn’t supposed to do. She handed the file to Chase.

“Read it if you like,” Tabitha smiled. “Just don’t tell anyone.” Tabitha then waved her hand and the roof started to open. Looking at the plane, she started to flick the switches in her mind and the vehicle came to life. She didn’t need to know how to fly. She would just use her ability and control where she wanted the plane to go. And of course putting it on autopilot for most of the journey would help too. Something which would allow her and Chase to get better acquainted.

Kirra
03-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Chase reluctantly took the file from Tabitha. He was a little worried about grabbing it. He knew better than to look at classified information. He was in trouble constantly simply for learning the memories of people who had. He was even forced to wear gloves during the rest of his training. But training was over.

Chase removed his gloves, his hands where always so hot with them on, and looked through the file. "These reports are amazing. A demon inhabiting bodies and going killing sprees. And it says when the host body is killed, it just comes back a day later and takes over someone else. There is even a report of some people seeing a large red creature. No complete reports just half images or mere glimpses." He looked up from the file and looked at Tabitha. "Are you sure I should be reading this? I don't want to get you in trouble."

Chase sat the file down and looked over to Tabitha. Her smile made him feel safe. Without thinking he reached over and sat his hand on hers. The images flooded his mind. Battle strategies, past experiences, a lot of classified information, and more personal memories. One stuck out particular. A woman named Claire. They seemed to truly care for each other. But the thoughts of their acts of love would pass through his mind.

Chase quickly released her hand and pulled himself away from her. "I'm sorry. I um. I didn't mean to see that. But I thought operatives weren't suppose to date." He let his words slip out before he could stop him self.

John
03-10-2010, 06:46 AM
It took Tabitha a moment to realize what had just happened. Fortunately Chase’s dossier was one fo the few things she had bothered to read. She hadn’t even realized that his glove was off when he touched her. Now he was talking about relationships with SCAR operatives, and that could only mean one thing. He had seen her with Claire. It was the only possible explanation for his words, for Claire was the only person that Tabitha had ever had deep feelings for.

“It’s not encouraged,” The smile faded form Tabitha’s face and the plane started ot lift off. “But it does happen. We don’t get a lot of social time with the outside world. So it is common for operatives to have relationships with each other form time to time.” Tabitha sighed and felt a need to explain.

“Claire and I were more than just lovers though,” Tabitha kept her gaze on Chase, and her smile returned. “We were best friends. We grew up together. She is one of those people who’s powers manifested later in life. It was really hard for her. Her ability almost cost her her life. I think it’s why we became more than just friends. We used to just sit and talk to each other for hours. She told me all of her fears and I helped her get through it all. She hated what she was and I helped her to see it wasn’t all bad.” Tabitha paused for a moment and the smile faded again.

“She really is quite gifted.” Tabitha’s voice was quiet “She is a trained medic and excels at marital arts. But the higher ups refuse to send her on any missions. They are worried that with her not having the ability to control her own powers, that she could be easily controlled by others.” Tabitha moved her hand and the plane started to move forward, she engaged the autopilot and got comfortable.

“We have kind of an on again off again relationship.” Tabitha started to fidget with her tie. “Being that she is an empath, it is hard for her to deal with her own emotions and we need to take breaks from time to time. But we do talk often. She is the best friend I have ever had and I have never felt closer to anyone in my life.” Tabitha gazed into Chase’s eyes and her expression became serious.

“I would ask that you keep your gloves on from this point forward Chase,” Tabitha thought this would be a good idea. She also thought that a little revenge was in order.

“And why do you seem so nervous? Was what you saw THAT repulsive?”

Kirra
03-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Chase could help but start blushing as Tabitha started to talk about her lover. Maybe it was because he knew everything she was saying from a first hand view. Maybe it was because the feelings attached to the memories made him feel somewhat the same way about a girl he never met. But Chase knew how to separate his memories from others. Sometimes it just took a minute.

Chase was really unsure of why he asked that question. He knew the answer. He knew the entire rule book, including the name of the man who wrote it. He even knew the number of words in the rule book. But for some reason, when he got nervous, Chase would asks stupid questions. And something about the way he felt towards this woman, made him nervous with her. But it wasn't a bad nervous.

Chase quickly placed his gloves back on and sat his hands on his lap. He was truly upset about what he did, and hoped she could forgive him. But her question stunned him. "What do you mean repulsive? Nothing about what I saw was repulsive." He had to stop blurting things out. "I mean. What I meant to say was, when I saw you two... umm... you know." 'God I am such a dork. Why can't I just say it.' "Well it was..." 'Magnificent. No don't say that Chase. She'll think you're a pervert. Crap what do I say.' "It was nice. You know from a third party perspective."

Chase started to dig deeper into his hole. "Not that I got joy from watching it!" But he realized that could be an insult. "I mean, I didn't not enjoy it either." His fingers started tapping the seat beside him rapidly. He was starting to breath a little heaver. "Well I mean, if I was forced to see it again, I would turn away." Only a split second passed before he thought about what he just said. "Not that I would stare like some pervert."

Chase finally gave up and decided she would probably just hate him. He refused to let his eyes meet hers. He didn't want to see the look of disgust she must be giving him. Her breathing seemed to pick up a little, but Chase refused try and figure out why. He placed his hands over his face and muttered in his depression. "I'm so sorry. I won't talk anymore. I'll understand if you want to have me removed from the squad."

John
03-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Tabitha found it a little hard to believe that Chase was so shy and nervous. In fact, she found it a little refreshing. Most operatives would either say nothing or make passes at her. She could think of several operatives who would dive at the chance to bear witness to what Chase had seen in Tabitha’s mind. Hell most of them would have tried to get it to happen again, with themselves as willing participants. But not Chase. Tabitha was finding him extremely attractive right now.

“I’m just playing with you,” Tabitha smiled. “You don’t need to be so uptight. And I wouldn’t think of removing you from the mission.” Tabitha leaned forward and stared into Chase’s eyes.

“Stop thinking of me as a superior officer,” Tabitha spoke softly. “Think of me as a friend. A friend who can kick your ass, but a friend nonetheless.” Tabitha giggled.

“So get a grip,” Tabitha stared at Chase. “I don’t bite. Not unless you want me to.” The words purred form Tabitha’s lips.

Kirra
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Tabitha's words found their way to his heart, and Chase started to relax again. She was truly trying to be his friend. It was comforting. But he couldn't fight the feelings and sights inside his head. If their was one down point of his power, it was that he could never forget what he saw. Even if he wanted to. But the bigger problem was, he didn't want to forget it. And he knew that was a bad thing.

It wasn't like he had to be afraid of a telepath knowing what he saw. That last time one did that, he nearly went insane from all the knowledge and memories in his head and got away with only a fraction of a single memory. It was unlikely that they would find it. But even if she wanted to be his friend, she was in a relationship, and his knowledge of her past would have been taking advantage.

Chase smile brightly at his captain. He felt a strong urge to make her proud. He knew it was a residual feeling from her memories. "I'm sorry. I will try to loosen up some."

But her next words froze him. Unless he wanted her to bite. "Well... I um..." Chase couldn't help a small stutter in his words. "B..bite. I d... don't think that would be a good idea." He knew full well she liked to bite. Stupid memories.

He had to find a way to change the subject. Or he may act in a way he knew he shouldn't. "So um. How about the others we are meeting? How long have you known them? I mean, I guess I already know the answer since I saw your memories and all. But why do guys all work together? I mean you guys do great together, but I don't know why you all seem so close."

John
04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Tabitha couldn’t help but think how sweet Chase was. She also couldn’t help wondering what he would say if he knew she wanted to do more than just bite him.

“We all get along so well cause we are friends,” Tabitha smiled. “We have to rely on each other and that’s much easier to do with people who are the same as you. Rank don’t mean shit. It’s the person that counts.” Tabitha moved in beside Chase and rested her head on his shoulder, and looked directly into his eyes.

“And I really like you Chase,’ Tabitha spoke softly. “You are so sweet. And when the mission is over, I would love it if I could make some new memories of you.”