PDA

View Full Version : Demon Hunters Association

Calderthepirate
02-24-2010, 06:42 AM
The New York sky gloom's over a even more depressing city. In contrast the two fit each other quite perfectly. The secret that persisted in the city, no the world would be pale in comparison though. There are so many answers that the residents of earth must not know. Like the fact that Heaven and Hell do exist, and when you wish someone to hell, you do not know the full extent of what you ask of that person.

Ace waited in his 1965 mint condition Impala, candy red. The car was well kept, taken care of regularly. He is parallel parked waiting patiently for his new partner. Outside a barber shop the world continues to move but Ace doesn't move. He doesn't buy into the whole hustle and bustle way of life. His life style matches this too. He has a apartment on the outskirts of New York that screams him.

Ace is about 5'8" with med-short black hair, and the eyes of a rebel. He wears a tan Sueded Henley. His black boot cut jeans fit a tiny bit loose on his body. Ace looked out the window into the barber shop once more getting agitated. "C'mon!..." He said getting anxious. He looked in the back of the car to his guitar just chilling in the back seat. "It would be nice if I could play you without blowing shit up..." he said under his breath.

BlueTwistar
02-24-2010, 07:07 AM
The barber shop door opened with a jingle of a bell. Out stepped Gabrielle, a normal pretty young woman with sunglasses and carrying a large sack purse. One of those big enough to fit a small dog in. She looked around casually until she noticed the car parked in front of her. Tilting her head down so she could see without the sunglasses, she observed the man behind the wheel.
"Hm." she hummed and walked around the passenger door, opened it and tossed her purse in next to the guitar. "So it is true. It is a guitar...thought it was a rumor." she said while getting into the front seat. She shut her door a little rough.
"Ah, sorry. Used to my vehicle." Gabrielle tossed a flock of hair off her right shoulder and perched her sunglasses on top of her head. She had hazel-grey eyes and black eyeliner, her loose necked t-shirt reveled half of a tattoo of a purple dragonfly.

Gabrielle breathed in and placed her seat belt on. "I'm assuming your the infamous Ace. I'm Gabrielle and your the first partner I've ever had so go easy on my social skills. It's not particularly my best quality. And don't judge me by my cover, most men in the DHA make that mistake." She was beautiful and wore clothing that fit the right catagory for cuteness. As mentioned she wore a white, loose necked t-shirt with a flower embroided in the center. She had hair-style chop sticks holding part of her hair back that had a decoration of a dragonfly on it. She wore blue jeans and dress shoes (non-high heal). Around her waste though was a loose hanging belt with a gun slot. Right at that moment she placed on a blue jean jacket to cover up her tattoo.

Calderthepirate
02-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Ace cringed at the door shutting. "Hey this is a one of a kind car, least you can do is be fucking careful!" he said shaking his head. "Yes, its a guitar." He said looking slightly annoyed already. He turned the ignition and the car revved to life. He sighed and nodded. "I understand, your my second partner." He said putting the car in drive. He started down the busy road. The commuters were going to the daily grind. It was around Eight in the morning.

"So ah, how long you been a hunter? " he asked, looking over to Gabrielle. He was just trying to make small talk for the sake of the ride. She was quite attractive, that was absolutely note worthy to him. It was kind of a conundrum why the DHA would do Male, Female pairing anyways. That would seem to cause distractions if anything. He was slowly stealing looks at her well driving. Its not that Ace was in the gutter or anything, it's just that...well he's a man, that's what he would do in this situation.

He pushed over the Dossier that had been sitting between them. "Inside is all the mission detail's. It's going to be a night raid. We are to use the day to research the surroundings of the target, make sure things don't go awry." He said driving with the symphony of cars going back and forth from the city into the country. It had been a while since Ace had another partner, A year to be exact. He had preferred to work alone, but Coren over at HQ suggested otherwise. 'Damn asshats...' He thought to himself.

BlueTwistar
02-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Gabrielle expected an cocky outburst from Ace about the door. It was only natural since most men took their cars in as their first wives. She didn't flinch or show any other emotion towards it, she apologized and that was all she could do about it.
"For about a week and four days." she replied looking out her side window. She could see Ace's reflection in the window as he stole glances at her. Gabrielle then crossed her legs, and knew boys would be boys.

She looked back to look at the dossier he had pushed towards her. Gabrielle looked through the pages and carefully read everything over. It was only eight in the morning and already it was going to be a long day. She was used to be given information at the last second and then acting up them right away. Today this mission would test her patience. Quick and clean was the cleaner's motto. With the extra time to think things over, it would prove to be less stressful...hopefully.
"Whats your style of doing things? Charging in and opening rapid fire? Or tactical?" Ugh there she went again with being so serious. She hated being the down-sided serious one, it was just a trait she was stuck with for life from her prior occupation. Once this was all over she would go out for a drink, dance and disappoint some horny men as they could look but not touch.

Calderthepirate
02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Ace sighed and kept his hands on the wheel. "My style? Ah well, My style is not dying." he said raising an eyebrow. "The DHA informed us to attack at night, so there has to be a reason. I want to check a few things though about the area, then I'm going out for lunch. You can come with if you want." He said, riding with the traffic. "I have been hunting for almost three years now, use the time your given to make sure things are smooth." He said yawning still tired.

He was quite famished right now, he hadn't ate since the prior night, and all this moving with no stuffing was starting to get to him. 'Don't worry, giant burrito... I will be there soon enough..' He thought to himself. He stopped looking at Gabrielle when she crossed her legs. Sensing she was tense. He wanted to slap himself at that point. ' God this isn't going to be very fun.' He thought sighing.

The car traveled down the road until they got into the outskirts, away from the crime and gutter villas. They strolled down through the peaceful suburbs then Ace pulled into a apartment complex. He drove into a parking space in the parking lot. He turned the engine off and grabbed his stuff from the back. He opened the car door then stepped out. He swung the guitar strap around and the guitar around his back. Opening the trunk, he pulled out a grocery bag, and closed the trunk.

BlueTwistar
02-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Gabrielle hid a smirk as she pretended rub something out of her eye. At least Ace had a sense of humor.
"Probably someone or something important will be there around that time." she commented on the night suggestion. She was glad at least to be working with someone with experience. Gabrielle got out of the car and grabbed her purse and the folder given to them. The area was pretty quiet and peaceful, it was defiantly a nicer neighborhood than her high tower apartment in town. She met with Ace at the back of the car and waited patiently to follow him to his apartment.

Honestly Gabrielle didn't know what else to do with the rest of her day, she would most likely read through the whole folder within an half hour. She knew that Ace would probably be the one looking for information on a computer. Gabrielle wasn't used to this sort of extra time. Her schedule would include sleep, mission, a drink and then back to sleep then starting over again the next evening. She was slowly adjusting to day life.

Calderthepirate
02-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Ace lead the way from the back of the car, to the apartment. When he got up to the entrance, he opened the door and lead the way. His apartment was on the first floor, and down the hall. The apartments were normal by all means. There was nothing particularly special about them. He got to his door, opened it then in he went. He switched on the lights. The room illuminated revealing the very neat kept room.

Their was a T.V., a couch, a coffee table and a recliner next to the couch. Past the living room was the kitchen, which was basic. The fridge, stove, counters, sink's, the whole deal. On the right of the living room was a hallway with the bathroom, and his room. His room was securly shut and locked with a reinforced padlock and the bathroom was very neat and cleanly. The computer was off in the corner of the living room. He walked into the kitchen and sat the grocery bag on the counter. He took out a loaf of bread, packaged lunch meat and miracle whip from the grocery back and opened the fridge, placing the items in the fridge.

"Make yourself at home, T.V.'s there, foods here. Bathrooms down the hall." He said finishing with the groceries. He went off into the hallway then unlocked his door, all the pad locks of course. He entered turning on the light. A few moments passed and he came out without his guitar on his back. He locked the door up again then walked back into the living room, passed an actual functioning guitar on the other side of the apartment. He gave it an eye, then clenched his teeth. 'God I wish stuff wouldn't blow up when I play.' He thought comically.

BlueTwistar
02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
It didn't surprise Gabrielle that much how clean and organized Ace's apartment was. Most hunters develop the habit. She knew if anyone saw her's, they would faint of heart. Gabrielle was clean and well organized at work, but when it came to her own home it was different. It was the only place that she could let loose and not give a damn. What caught her off guard was the TV, something she lacked in her own place because there was no need for one in her busy life.

"Thanks..." she replied back. Gabrielle went straight for the couch and began going through the folder of information. As she read deeper into the notes, she naturally took off her shoes and placed them on the coffee as she relaxed herself. She elegantly crossed her legs and a side of her shirt fell below, relieving a smooth, silky skinned shoulder.

Calderthepirate
02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Ace at first kind of freaked about the shoes then then the skin showed and his jaw dropped. 'Damn girl your trying to kill me!' He thought shaking his head trying not to buy into it. He walked over to the computer and turned it on. He sat in his chair. He didn't take his shoes off though. The secret to the cleanliness was simple, cleaning it once every night. Just taking ten minutes to vacuum every night. He surfed the web then got onto the DHA's private server and satellite. He scanned the area where the syndicate of demons were going to meet. The map was very detailed. He made mental notes about locations.

The image of Gabrielle's skin flashed in his head again he coyly and with a very childish glint in his eye tried to look at her through the reflection of the monitor. To think of it, he had barely got a look at her face. He was just too busy driving, then showing her the apartment. Its normal he guessed though. He was still kind of angry with having a partner though...being abandoned by his previous partner for other affairs, he knew not to be selfish about that though. His partner had a much bigger role than he did, he should of felt honored to have such a teacher.

BlueTwistar
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
After a half hour passed she organized the folder, noticed her shoulder and covered it back up. Once she got to reading she closed out everything else around her. Gabrielle got up and placed the folder on Ace's desk. "You find anything yet?" she said leaning on the desk to catch a peek at the computer screen. For a brief moment Ace would be able to see down her shirt before she began to button up her coat. It wasn't that she was doing any of this on purpose, she wasn't the type of woman to show off her body like that, it was just that damn shirt.

"From what I've read it looks like the most important key is to terminate the syndicate leaders that are coming to town tonight. Perhaps steal some plans and take an hostage for questioning." She looked at Ace with direct eye contact. He was an attractive young man who's face appeared to have a rough edge on life. "Anyway, sorry." she said looking back at the screen, "Anything yet?"

Calderthepirate
02-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Ace looked back and nodded. "Yeah, I am just taking a look around the roof entrances. We will make our drop through the top, death from above." He said coldly. He didn't look down her shirt, he was too busy at the moment. She was extremely attractive to him, but he knew that professionalism came first, then he could go on a date. He finished up on the computer then turned it off.

"You want to join me for a bit of grub?" He said getting up off the chair and pushing it in. "My treat." He looked around the room for a minute and seen the shoes once again. He wanted to scream now but he held it back. He was being soft on this newbie, and he didn't know why. How truly utterly annoying, he thought. He bit his lower lip thinking about the vacuum. 'I know if I attach the dirt devil I can get the dirt from the coffee table... But I... Don't have a dirt devil!' He thought. "God I need a dirt devil!" he said aloud on accident.

BlueTwistar
02-25-2010, 05:52 AM
"Classic." she commented on Ace's idea on attacking from the roof. "Might as well, I don't have any else on my schedule. I'm not familiar with the area so I'll let you choose." Gabrielle walked over and picked up her purse and the reached for her shoes when Ace suddenly spoke.

"Pardon me?" she raised a brow, pausing in mid movement to pick up a shoe. She wasn't sure if he spoke of some sort of an item or a actual demon related thing.
"A dirt devil?" now she picked up her shoes and slipped them on her pretty feet. Gabrielle then hoped that Ace was not one of those lunatic men who freaked out on the smallest thing. He hadn't seemed to be one of those men so far.

Calderthepirate
02-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Ace shook his head. "Never mind that..." He said throwing his shoes on. "I know a good little Chinese joint down a ways in town." He said grabbing his car keys from the counter. He lead the way out of the apartment and into the car. He waited for Gabrielle to hop in then fired up the engine. The sound of the motor starting was like the howl of a demon.

He backed out of the parking lot with precise ease. Then he drove through the traffic; stop light after stop light , it was endless. He eventually got into the more edge of the city and a little lone Chinese take out restaurant was on the corner of a small little strip mall. "I was thinking of Mexican food, but I better not screw my stomach over tonight, I will deal with noodles." he said pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant. He watched as a black older sedan slowly passed him. A man with dark sunglasses , bald head with a tattoo on the side of his head.

"Hold on..." He said sharply. He spun the vehicle doing a U'ie and went into the other lane playing traffic dodge. The sedan was moving pretty fast, too fast to be a normal commuter. He had seen that tattoo on his head though. He knew it was connected to the leaders they were going to kill tonight. He kept one hand on the stick shift then another on the wheel. A car next too him tried to merge. "Oh hell no! Don't you even!" He yelled swerving slightly to the left, getting out of the way.

BlueTwistar
02-25-2010, 06:36 AM
"Huh?" Gabrielle raised a brow, then just shook it off. She was already ready to go and followed Ace to his car. She looked out her side window, watching building after building they passed by. "Nah, I don't mind. Like I said I'll settle for any-" it was right then that Ace cut the wheel sharply.

"Shit!" she yelped and grabbed onto the side of the console and the door. "Thanks for the warning!?" she said sarcastically as Ace pursued a possible suspect. "Aren't we doing this too early? Your going to blow our cover or even worse, jeopardize the mission! You should of just ignored him!" Gabrielle doubled check her seat belt just in case. Ace better be a good driver to have this car in such pristine condition.

Calderthepirate
02-25-2010, 06:49 AM
"Shut up!" he said swerving through traffic some more. He opened his passenger compartment that was in front of Gabrielle. He pulled out a large pistol with an elongated barrel. He drove up beside the sedan and rolled down his window. He was on the sedans right side. He shot the door, the door slowly started to glow then imploded, making the sedan start to swerve. "Take the wheel!" he yelled. He turned, and crawled out of the car. "Don't you fuck up my car!" He yelled. "Too much time with devon..." he said aloud. He climbed on top of his roof.

The car was going fifty five on the express way , body being brushed back by the wind flashing him. People were left sort of wide mouth gaped, watching his antics. Ace pulled out a syringe and leaped off his car and into the sedan. The driver started to make a low growl and his face started to shift into something quite unpleasant looking. Ace jammed the syringe into the mans neck. He pumped the liquid into the man as he slowly turned back to normal and lost consciousness. He grabbed the wheel of the sedan and signaled Gabrielle to turn onto a alley. He lead the way and slowed down to 15mph's.

Ace drove for a minute then seen a little side alley. He turned there then slowed the vehicle to a stop. He stepped out of the sedan cracking his neck. "If there's any scratches, its coming out of your salary." He said jokingly. He then looked at the man. "He's not one of the leaders but one of the right hand man's. We'll use him to get in to the warehouse. I gave him a sedative that's laced with a poison that will be ever so slowly killing him. " he said; like a stone cold killer, he sounded.

BlueTwistar
02-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Gabrielle eyes narrowed as Ace barked her to shut up. 'It was just a point.' she thought bitterly. She watched as Ace's hand then came flying in front of her and opened the compartment, pulling out a pistol. No surprise there really, she has one in her motorcycle. On command she grabbed he wheel, and waited for him to move his ass out the window. Then she gladly hopped into the driver seat and took the wheel and maneuvered it smoothly. She glanced out the window frequently as Ace took down the guy with the syringe. "He's defiantly the prodigy of Devon, that's for sure." she said under her breath as she came to a parking stop behind Ace.

"Nice." she commented while shutting the door, this time remembering to do it with a little more ease. The chill in his voice was a little disturbing, yet another temperament that rubbed off Devon. The stories of Devon taking Ace in as his student was heard through out the whole DHA, everybody knew. They both would admire him and envy him, for Devon never took on a student singly like that. Knowing the fact she was working with possibly a future DHA leader, she didn't fandome over him like many of the other young girls did in the DHA. Gabrielle knew a couple girls who would die to have Ace as her partner, in a way it tickled her pink knowing how they would loathe her now.

Calderthepirate
02-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Ace coughed then hog tied the demon. He made sure it was secure. He used a little solution from a bottle, then wiped it on a napkin and rubbed it under the demons nose. The demon sprung to life bearing his teeth but howling in pain. "I wouldn't try that any more if I were you. I injected you with a poison that is triggered by your shifting. If you shift into a demon, you will die a slow and painful death...no way to reverse your condition then." He said manically laughing then stopping abruptly. "Your my bitch." he said patting the demons bald head.

"We need you to do us a little favor..." Ace said. The demon snarled then laughed. "What do I care!? I'll die anyways!" The demon said. "Not particularly." Ace said pulling out a little vial of blue liquid. "This is the antidote." Ace said holding it firmly in his hand. "Do this little favor and its all yours..." Ace said slyly. "We just need you to get us into the meeting going down tonight..." He barked at the demon. "...Fine , only if I get the vial right at the meeting, I will run." The demon said. "Sure, I see no complication with that..." Ace said nodding. " Then we agree, good!" he said. He grabbed the rope and dragged the demon out of the car, and threw him into the trunk of the sedan. "What time..." Ace asked. "Right at nine..." The demon said. "Well come get you out then." Ace said shutting the trunk then turning to Gabrielle.

BlueTwistar
02-25-2010, 07:38 AM
"Heh." Gabrielle gave an amused smile. "Are you just going to leave him and the car here? What if it's being tracked." she suggested casually. It was her duty to think of all possibilities of every situation to prevent any mistakes. Being a hunter was proving to be a difficult change, hunters seemed to be more 'right now on the go' and 'spontaneous' about their work. Cleaners were literally cleaners, their job was to move in and destroy with little or no evidence. Most of the time they would be given their assignment just hours before hand and had to make do with what they had. There were no mistakes, a mistake would mean death.

By now she was beginning to feel hunger, it had been little over 5 hours since her last meal. 'Let's just hope no more random demons fly by the car again..' she thought and compared Ace to a hound dog, one moment will just be cruising along, the next he would catch a scent and then you'll see him running off into the distance after a demon with his guitar in hand. Gabrielle laughed on the inside of the image.

Calderthepirate
02-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Ace nodded. " The Car will be fine." Ace said slapping on a small round device to the bumper of the car. "Just in case." He said feeling a little proud of himself of the days work. He walked back over to the impala and jumped in. "Okay so food now?" He asked Gabrielle; Well to be exact he wasn't really asking...he was going for some food. He revved the engine of the Impala and it started like a charm. He pressed a button on the side of his car door and the car made a strange hum noise.

He put the car into drive then continued out of the alley, making his way back through the traffic. He seen a couple cop cars zoom past him going past the alley at which they turned. When Ace looked down at his car, he smiled. It had changed color's to a sky blue shade. 'Ah DHA tech...gotta love it.' He thought to himself. They continued until they got to the Chinese restaurant. This time they fully entered the parking lot and Ace parked the car.

BlueTwistar
02-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Gabrielle made a slight face of disapproval before entering the car and putting on her seat belt before it even moved. She didn't think it was a good idea to just leave it there, anyone could stumble upon it, or even the demon's buddies. She watched as the car suddenly turned a different color. "Black fits this car best." she commented while she looked in the mirror and put some lip stick on.

Once the car was parked, Gabrielle got out and headed towards the resturaunt. She thought some kun pow chicken sounded good, perhaps some egg drop soup too. "So what does the device you put on the car do?" she said in a quiet tone only to be heard between the two of them.

Calderthepirate
02-26-2010, 04:10 AM
"It tracks the location of the car, locks the doors, and locks the engine. No one can get into the vehicle except for us." he said entering the Chinese joint. He walked up to the counter and put a order for Orange Chicken. He sat down on the waiting chairs and sat patiently waiting for Gabrielle. He started to think about how he had been with Devon. They never hung out or even communicated off the job. It was kind of like a strict work only profession for the both of them...Ace wanted something else though. He wanted a partner he could connect with, like an actually friend.

So many missions that he had gone on, and on no occasion did he ever feel connected with his partner on any level. Maybe it was because his partner was not human, or maybe it was because Ace was human. What ever the reason, he knew that there was no real friendship between him and his prior partner...which kind of left him feeling slightly cold inside. When he started he felt confident and sure but now he just felt lonely.

BlueTwistar
02-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Gabrielle placed her order in, then grabbed some condiments and chopsticks and sat down across from Ace. She placed her elbow on the table and rested her chin on the back of her hand casually.
"Is that so? Hunters get all the lucky new devices. I'm not familiar with anything like that, except for the color changing car. If they could make a car change color, you'd think they would have came up with some sort of cloaking device to make yourself look like and demon." she half heartily joked.

It felt odd to be actually talking to someone while sort of on the job. Cleaners naturally worked alone. Perhaps it was the loneliness that made her a little talkative. Most of the time she kept to herself, but from all the new excitement she couldn't help it. She reached down to her holster and put the safety on her gun.

Calderthepirate
02-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Ace nodded, "Yeah it would seem that would be on the top of the list.". Ace looked Gabrielle in the eyes and began to look serious. "Look, I have to trust my partners... I believe that you have the willingness, and the ability. The experience is the only thing I have yet to determine. I believe you want the experience though, and that is good enough for me. I just need your word that what ever happens you will act on instinct. Hesitation is the real enemy." Ace said.

He wasn't exactly trying to lecture her, he was just trying to make sure they saw eye to eye. "I ah...well...to tell you the truth...Devon was not much of a partner." He said kind of laughing. "It was mostly a follow order deal, what ever he said, I did..." Ace said getting kind of silent. "Your...well really my first REAL partner." Ace was now starting to look embarrassed. "Every one always tries to make me look like the local celebrity, like it was some kind of feat that I had accomplished by working with the most destructive DHA member...but" He stopped at the last part when his order was rung up. He got up and grabbed his plate. Gabrielle's order was thrown through the cooks window, so he grabbed both and headed back to the table.

BlueTwistar
02-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Ace's conversation topic came out of the blue to Gabrielle. She listened patiently as he spoke and rambled a little. She was surprised at Ace's reflexes when he shot up and grabbed both of their meals and made it back to his seat within twenty seconds.
"Heh, thanks." she said feeling flattered. Ace speaking about his relationship was Devon was also unexpected, she didn't think that he would open up about it at all. She didn't bother to ask him thinking he would shrug her off. Dwelling back on Ace's talk about trust in partnership, she spaced out for a moment as though he had brought back a sour memory. Something that had related to the reason why she quit being a cleaner and became a hunter. Finally after a moment of silence and looking at her food she spoke.

"Oh you don't need to worry about that. Instinct is my name." she gave a wry grin and dipped her spoon into her soup.
"Well unlike everyone else, I guessed that working with Devon was no picnic in the park. Honestly the guy creeps me out, I don't understand how his wife can put up with him." Gabrielle wasn't afraid to tell her views on things, sometimes though she was too bold on it. "No offense really. I do admire his style though, and a few of his view on things." she quickly added, feeling she might of said something wrong.

Calderthepirate
02-26-2010, 07:48 AM
"Its fine, Devon will always have a soft spot in my heart though." Ace said sarcastically. Ace began to dig into his plate when he was contemplating something... 'Why in the hell are we going there to assassinate possible informants? We could both as easily get inside and figure out what is going on with the syndicates...' He thought to himself well eating his food.

"I ah, have an idea." Ace said wiping his face. He continued, "Why don't we figure out was this meeting is about before we go killing the leaders. I am pretty sure Mr. Talkative in the trunk may have answers." Ace suggested putting his chop sticks down. He was getting restless now. This job stank incredibly. It was bad and he knew it was. Ace was just having a bit of a hard time trying to piece together why. That was the biggest question at the moment...why not interrogate at this perfect opportunity?

BlueTwistar
02-27-2010, 04:35 AM
"Her kind of has that effect." she joked and gave a wry grin before concentrating on her food again. Gabrielle lazily ate her food while looking out the window with a distant look on her face. 'I don't like the feeling I have about this mission. Something just doesn't right. I wish the damn DHA wasn't so cut and dry sometimes about these things. Couldn't they just flat out give us every single detail?' she thought bitterly. Her eyes darted to Ace when he began to speak.
"An idea?"

"I was just thinking the same thing. I'm beginning to get annoyed how the DHA aren't telling us everything now days, pricks." she gulped down the rest of her soup and took a swig of her tea and slammed it down on the table. "Alright let's do this." she said getting up and grabbed her purse then went to the car.

Calderthepirate
03-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Ace followed in suit. He got inside the vehicle and started the engine. The car roared to life as he backed out of the ol' Chinese joint and floored it down the express way. The drive was short now that Ace had an agenda to go by. He turned down the ally until he arrived at the parked Black Sedan. He stepped out of the car and walked up to the trunk popping it open then gave the demon a sly grin. "Heeeeeeeeeey buddy!" Ace said patting the demon on the head.

"Why don't you let Ol' Acey here in on the what's what?" Ace asked the demon. The demon looked back and started to cackle. "Ha! What the fuck you take me as? some lowly piece of shit? C'mon, I got better sense than that!" The demon yelled. Ace looked back and nodded. "Okay...well you see we are playing good cop, bad cop...and well I am the good cop..." Ace said backing away. He turned to Gabrielle and raised an eyebrow. "Why don't we show this great Samaritan how we do things?" Ace said to Gabrielle.

BlueTwistar
03-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Gabrielle walked up to the car and placed her foot on the bumper. Slowly with a sly look, she leaned over herslf and pulled out a hidden dagger around her left shin. The dagger's blade was an emerald color with demonic runes embedded near the hilt. It looked weathered and aged. Gabrielle stood up and looked down at the demon without pity.

"Your going to love this." she said in a dark tone and slammed the dagger into the demon's thigh. From around the wound point, a green liquid started to bubble up and burn away the flesh, skin and everything between.
"Once your done screaming you can begin to talk..unless you'd like the dagger a little closer between your legs..that can be arranged quite easily."

Calderthepirate
03-03-2010, 04:04 AM
The demon howled in pain then began to nod. "Okay! Okay!" He yelped frantically. The demon looked up at Gabrielle , "To my understanding it's a meeting to discuss the invasion plans..." the demon said coughing up blood. The demon snarled and looked back and forth from Gabrielle and Ace. "You two do what ever you want, I don't care...It wont matter pretty soon!" The demon yelled crying in pain. "You fools only signed your own death warrant, just sit back and watch the show take form." The demon cackled loudly.

Ace looked confused then raised an eyebrow. "Invasion?" He said. The demon laughed. "What, don't know what I am talking about?" The demon said with a snark attitude.
"Tell me whats going on here buddy..." Ace said with a serious look on his face. "I'll let you go right now if you tell us." Ace said burrowing his brow.
"Oh!? really! hmm.... well lets see there big guy... A big baddie down below is getting anxious. He has plans for up here... And has an army backing him." The demon said coughing more blood.

Ace got a semi-horrified look on his face. "Great..." He said in a low tone. "Who is it...what demon?" Ace asked.
The demon looked back smiling... "Samael"...

Ace's body about collapsed. He was shaking his head in disbelief. He took in a deep breathe then sighed. He tossed the vial to the demon. The demon caught it in his mouth and broke the vial and consumed the antidote. At first nothing happened, then the demon began to choke then burnt to ashes in front of the hunters. "I cannot believe the DHA was just going to ignore information like that...Samael ! Fucking Samael! " Ace yelled slamming his fist on the ground.

BlueTwistar
03-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Gabrielle picked up her dagger from the burning ashes and placed it back in it's sheath. She remained calm on the outside in reality she was tense on the inside. She looked over to her partner as he began to lose control over things. She slowly took in all the information the demon reveled to them and wondered how also the DHA had overlooked this. This was a major find, but for the demon to just freely give out the information like that must mean one thing: they were advancing fast.

K-THUNK she kicked the bumper of the black Sudan and left an indent thanks to the steel toes in her dress shoes. Gabrielle looked down again at Ace and pulled out her cell phone. "We should contact the DHA, now. I think this is far bigger than what they really know."

Calderthepirate
03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Ace nodded in compliance. "Definitely..." he said about to pull out a cell phone from his pocket when a man began to walk towards them. His hair was white as snow, and figure built tough and to last. He wore a black trench coat. He looked dangerous and angry. As he moved closer in, Ace took notice. "Hey ah Gabrielle...I have a feeling I may want to hold off on this call..." he said closing the phone and putting it away. 'It cannot be a coincidence.' He thought.

The man approached the two and scoffed at Gabrielle. "Didn't know you were in the business of babysitting." Devon said with a sharp pain and cruelty in his voice.
Ace shook his head. "She's more capable than she looks." Ace said praising his new partner. Ace sighed, "Why are you here?...Devon?" Ace asked inquisitively.
"What!? I can't see my favorite pupil!?" Devon said in a scratchy tone, joking.
"Yeah right...lets hear it." Ace said in a commanding voice.
"I need you to stop this mission..." Devon said with a slight hint of fury in his voice.
"Don't follow through? The council will screw me over, I'll be suspended...And that's not fair! " Ace started to yell.
"Life is not fair, you know this. Samael knows something I need to know..." Devon said with sternness in his voice.
"So let the invasion continue also!?" Ace yelled still getting frustrated.
"If we have to, yes." Devon yelled back, claiming dominance.
"So you are going to screw up my pay roll for some stupid shit you need to know!?" Ace yelled, regaining dominance.
Devon punched Ace square between the eyes. "You fool!" Devon yelled as Ace flew into the ground.
"This isn't just anything! Samael knows where a piece of the Clincher is!" Devon Yelled.
Ace fell silent... "I thought you were done with that!" Ace said slowly starting to get tear jerked. The pain of the punch is setting in his face.
"You asshole! The only damn thing you ever cared about was that fucking Clincher! You bend over fucking backwards to make sure you can get your hand on that piece of shit, while it was so easy for you to drop your training and just leave me in the fucking gutter." Ace yelled getting back on his feet.
"Don't act like I have no other cares!" Devon yelled back again. "NOW!." Devon yelled taking over the conflict. "You are going to head to John's Apartment, in down town. You are going to lay low well I take care of Samael!" Devon said in a commanding tone.

BlueTwistar
03-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Gabrielle turned around to see the familiar figure described in so many conversations, Devon. Right away she didn't like his comment or aura about him and by the minute she was losing respect for the old member. Gabrielle glared at Devon for a second at the comment that Ace was babysitting her, but she couldn't hold it long enough because Devon was just one of those guys you don't want to glare at. Even though she was a tough girl, the only true person who was able to stare down Devon was his wife.

Gabrielle nearly turned white as Devon and Ace had their half ass fatherly-son moment. Devon's last word echoed down the alley and ring in her ears. She knew Devon was strong, but she also knew that Samael could be stronger.
"I'm not looking to criticize, but I don't think you should take on Samael alone..Ace and I could help out someway couldn't we?" she shifted in her shoes a little nervously. She gulped down her fear and looked at Devon directly, waiting for a shower of emotional pain.

Calderthepirate
03-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Devon turned his attention and eyes slowly from Ace, to Gabrielle. "Speak when spoken to mere mortal!" Devon yelled fiercely. "I understand you want to help, but you can only help by staying out of the way!" Devon yelled with more anger. "You kids have no idea what you are wanting to participate in. Out of anyone present here, I am the only one who's actually been to hell and back...On several occasions!" Devon toned down the yelling just a tad.

Ace looked back at Gabrielle. "No... lets listen to Devon...He's well...he's right" Ace said looking sure enough to say that with confidence. "I will be honest, we would just provide the demon with leverage against Devon...we'd be the weakest ones present." Ace said thinking carefully. "As much as I hate fucking doing this, especially in the middle of a god damn mission!...I don't think Devon's going to let this one go..." Ace said calming himself down.

Devon stared back at Ace and nodded. "At first the DHA will prosecute you for insubordination, so they will be on a strict order of capturing and bringing you in for interrogation and torture...so put bluntly...You have to stay hidden after tonight, until I return." Devon said booming his voice to make it quite clear he was not messing around.

Bia
03-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Mariposa smiled and bobbed her head along to the music pumping out of her stereo. She had finished her last mission a few days ago and was still awaiting orders for a new one, it was nice to just relax. She glanced over at her bag, a light brown leather tote with 2 golden buckles on the side. It looked like just an ordinary girls purse, but it actually held all of Posa's weapons and technology, she never went anywhere without it.

She smiled at herself in the rear view mirror of her jet black Eclipse. She had curled her hair and it was hanging in curly waves down her face. She was wearing a white silk shirt and dark blue jeans, with her favorite light brown, knee high boots on top of them. She was headed over to the nearby theater when she noticed a scrimmage in the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant.

Posa paused, a voice in her head said don't get involved Posa, just leave it alone but her Hunter instincts came into action and she sighed and pulled up in the parking space 2 down from them. Okay, she reasoned with herself how about this: I'll not get involved but I'll keep an eye on them just in case okay? satisfied with this compromise she hopped out of the car, pulling her brown tote with her.

She didn't even glance in their direction as she adjusted her shirt and ran a hand through her honey brown hair. She knew she was pretty, well, at least pretty enough that she won 50+ pageants back before she decided fighting was funner than smiling. She headed towards the door of the restaurant, recognization not even registering on her indifferent face as she past the demon and the 2 people and walked into the door of the restaurant.

BlueTwistar
03-06-2010, 07:42 AM
It was just as Gabrielle expected from Devon. 'A mere mortal? Not that Ace is any better mortal than I am.' she thought reportedly. Her jaw clenched tightly, holding back some bitter words she wanted to say towards Devon. She bit her tongue down for the moment. Gabrielle didn't hesitate to look at Ace and speak to him, anything to get her eyes off Devon's angry glare.
"I'm already in deep shit with the DHA, why not." she said with a hint of bitterness. 'Damn it all. I've already been through enough crap and torture from the DHA. I just got back into the game after being on probation for nearly two weeks. Your going to fuck me up Devon!' she thought, clenching her fists now. She honestly didn't want to show any anger towards Devon and tried her best to hide so he wouldn't make any more snide remarks about her mortality.

The sound of a car passing by distracted Gabrielle for the moment. She watched as a black eclipse drove by and parked in the restaurant parking. It made Gabrielle tense up a little bit, it was the first car to of stopped by since they arrived to speak to the demon in the trunk. However the woman seemed like a normal costumer, and Gabrielle relaxed a little more and kept silent until the woman walked through the door.
"We're making a scene here. Whatever the case is, I'm ready to go where ever we're being directed to. Just one question. If the DHA finds us and get too serious with their crap, are you going to back Ace and I up?" she asked looking at Devon with one eye. She hoped this wouldn't piss Devon off more. Gabrielle seriously did not want the DHA breathing down her neck again, especially when they don't deserve it.

Calderthepirate
03-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Devon looked back with an annoyed look on his face. "I wouldn't ask this of you two unless I could back you up. This will pass, so don't worry about your standing with the D.H.A." Devon said watching the women pass and enter the restaurant. Devon had a sneer on his face when he seen her. He could tell, just by the way she walked that she was a hunter. It was obvious, to Devon of course.

Ace nodded to Gabrielle, he began to speak, "I am pretty sure it will be sorted out by Devon after wards.". It had been so long since Ace had seen Devon this serious about everything. Ace nodded again. "Alright...well head to Johns..." Ace said sighing. Ace looked back at Devon. Devon nodded also then started walking off back into the streets. When Devon had gone, Ace turned to Gabrielle.

BlueTwistar
03-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Gabrielle relaxed a little more, she placed her hands in her jean jacket pockets. "Well, that was quite the mission, huh? Shortest one on my record." she sort of laughed. "Do you think it's alright if I stop at my place before we head to this John's place? Or will the D.H.A. already be there?" she mumbled the last part.

With Devon gone the tension was relieved a little better. She remembered seeing the sneer on Devon's face as the woman walked into the diner and thought it was just part of Devon's common way of looking at people. Thinking back to her apartment, Gabrielle hoped to get more comfortable clothes, seeing that they'll be hiding out for who knows how long.
"I'm ready to go any time." she said kicking a bottle cap. Tink Tink Tonk Ting it bounced into the street. 'Wonder whats going to happen now..' she thought.

Bia
03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Posa managed to convince the waiter to give her a seat by the window, with the help of a few extra dollars and a sly wink. She sipped her plain water and watched them out of the corner of her eye. She saw the demon walk away, which was strange. And saw the man and women conversing. She considered ordering something, but she really wasn't hungry. But on the other hand, she couldn't go out there so soon either. She ordered a couple crab rangoons and settled down to observe.

The people in the parking lot weren't doing much, and it was kind of boring, her food arrived and she picked at it lazily. Considering approaching them, but she really didn't need to get into it. She sighed and ran a finger through her caramel hair, what to do, what to do...

Calderthepirate
03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Ace looked back at Gabrielle. "It should be okay, but we have to be quick." Ace said hurrying to his car. He opened the door for Gabrielle and went to his own. He stepped inside the car and started the engine. Vrroooom ,the engine sprung to life. Ace drove off into the road and sighed.

"So yeah...this is...getting on my nerves." Ace said turning his head to Gabrielle. "I think...were going to crash the party..." Ace said getting a frustrated look on his face. " I don't care if Devon wants us to stay away, I still had a job to do, and I am going to do it with or without his permission." Ace started to yell pounding his fist on the wheel. "Where's your place?" Ace said turning to her.

BlueTwistar
03-23-2010, 07:05 AM
As Gabrielle followed after Ace, she turned back to see that woman sitting by the window, ordering something. She had her suspicions as she quickly strapped in her seat belt as Ace revved the engine.
"That girl makes me nervous for some weird reason." she mumbled just before Ace started babbling about ignoring Devon's command.
"Whoa, whoa. Hold on there, I thought even you said we should listen to him. Even if this was assigned to us, neither did we or they know how serious this really was. I'd rather deal with the DHA's prissy attitude than a pissed off Devon." she warned, not sure on where she stood on the subject.

Gabrielle looked out the back window and her side mirror, checking if anyone was following or if anything looked suspicious. At the moment, there was nothing but empty night streets. "Right now I don't know where I stand. It's a bit more than what I expected. I don't like stepping down from a mission either, but Devon says so, then it's a no...but like I said I'm unsure..still debating on it." she sighed and cleaned the demon blood off her dagger with a cloth, then placed it back in it's sheath.

Calderthepirate
03-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Ace sneered at her just like Devon would to anyone that annoyed him. Guess ace spent way too much time with him. "I just agreed with him to get him to leave, your a rookie still so I understand if you do not want to go through with this. I believe Devon could use some back up. He is just too stubborn to ask for it." Ace said.

Ace waited for Gabrielle to speak back, and for her to tell him where she resides. "Hey I have a great idea, if you are still not sure about this, you can go ahead and return to HQ, in the mean time, I will be leaving for the warehouse." Ace said thinking of how he could ditch the newbie. He wasn't trying to be mean, he just didn't want to babysit of she came along. It would be a bit too much for him.

BandeargRos
03-25-2010, 04:42 AM
Selune sighed as she left the HQ, still hearing the nagging tones of her old Spanish nanny about how she, as a woman, and especially as an Heir didn't need to go out and do something so dangerous.

She'd given her family a child and disappeared, becoming a cleaner. She was average, in her eyes, and so she always was working harder. Tonight she took it upon herself to watch a couple of the Hunters that were out on patrol. It helped being friends with the people in Assignment.

She slid into her Mercedes McLaren and started it with a purr, her dacra settled on the seat next to her. So what if she wasn't getting paid for observing? It wasn't like they were putting her on real missions or anything to pay her.

BlueTwistar
03-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Gabrielle raised a brow at Ace as he gave her the "Devon look of doom".
"Correction, I'm a noob when it comes to being a hunter and Devonology. Your the only other person besides his wife who knows him personally." she said in a polite tone and looked out her side window, thinking of what she should do next. When Ace brought up the suggestion to go back to headquarters, she spun her head around so fast her hair whipped.
"Go back and tell them what? Mission failed? It'll be quad-trillion questions." she paused for a moment and gently sighed. "Look, I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisance. But I won't let myself be humiliated again. I'm going to see this mission through, even if it kills me." she thought bitterly about her shrouded recent mistakes. 'I'd rather face death than the humiliation.' she thought.

"I just want to stop by my place and pick up some new clothes and a few supplies, then I'll be ready for anything. I swear it won't be much." Gabrielle looked back at Ace and for once smiled fully as she crossed her fingers. "I promise it'll be quick."