PDA

View Full Version : This recipe I'm working on.

The Wulfe
05-01-2012, 04:47 AM
The main idea I got was this: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Mint. Meat.

How I've decided to implement those flavors:

Wrap venison in mint leaves, soak in a family recipe marinade.
Boil down a cocoa and water mixture, thickening slightly with flour.
Fry wrapped venison in peanut oil, slowly pouring cocoa mix over the meat. Let sit for a while. Pull off mint leaves, smear in cocoa mix, then fry more.

Full ingredient list(working list):

Venison
Cocoa beans
Water
Mint leaves
Peanut oil
Lemon zest
Lemon juice
Oregano
Thyme
Family marinade

It's still in its early stages of planning and I haven't fixed it yet, but I was hoping to get the opinions of some other foodies.

Anne Bonny
05-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Cocoa and meat I've had, mint and meat I've had. I'm conflicted on how chocolate, peanut, and mint would all be together. I feel like it might be too much going on. Especially with the gameyness of venison.

But, I could be completely wrong! Without trying it, who knows? It does sound super tender and juicy though.

The Wulfe
05-01-2012, 05:05 AM
This is exactly what my dad(Professional cook, I owe all my ingenuity to him) said. He said Mint and meat, is good. Mint and chocolate, is good. Chocolate and meat is good. Chocolate and mint is good, chocolate and peanut butter is good. Peanut butter and mint is good. Peanut butter and meat could be weird, all together it could be weird. Which is the one kink I'm working out. It needs a subtle background to offset the fact that there are these three huge flavors at work. But so far it hasn't been HORRIBLE, just needing a little more attention.

Mary Sue
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I've had peanut curry beef, which is awesome, so peanuts and meat do go well together. :)

Maybe try another meat?

Beef and chocolate are great
Beef and peanut butter is great
And everyone knows lamb and mint is good

The Wulfe
05-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Lamb might be nice...I was thinking venison over beef, definitely. But lamb might be a really good idea.

Mary Sue
05-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Good luck. :)

The Wulfe
05-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks, Mary!

Setsa
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
......My thing is that by frying the venison wrapped mint, wouldn't the aroma and flavor of the mint be lost?

If you did lamb...or venison.... what about repeating the process of mint wrapped meat...and broiling it? Or searing it first then broiling actually.

After such heat on low some peanut butter, not much, in a sauce pan with just a bit of chocolate....or peanutbutter by itself till its in a more liquid form.

If the chocolate is left by itself: add a little bit of pure mint it make mint chocolate, in separate sauce pan heat to a smooth liquid form.

Plating:

Option 1- Spoon the chocolate mix into a circle in middle of the plate, add the meat on top in center, spoon the smooth peanut butter from before..not much at all...over the meat like a peanut sauce. Maybe a fresh mint leaf on top.

Option 2- Spoon peanut butter+chocolate sauce on bottom as option 1 describes....add meat just the same...or sliced portions of the meat perhaps? Perhaps a rasberry sauce over the meat just a bit....don't want to over power the flavor of the meat and mint

Hope that helps, it's intriguing enough I may do it myself and take a picture of it

The Wulfe
05-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I want credit for this idea, you viperous rouge! Haha, but in all honesty, thank you for the suggestions. I've been moving through trial and error with this a lot, and I haven't perfected it a lot. I might give that a shot, atleast.

Setsa
05-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Glad I could help :)