PDA

View Full Version : More Fact than Fiction? (Boogie Man)

LMM
03-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Chapter 1

"The beast lives out of the raging storm in the dead of night
The ravenous, blood-sick creature searches for it's sacrifice
Through the hideous darkness, it lurches, driven by death itself
Only the satisfaction of slaughter will cause it to return to
The darkness from which it came"
Boogie Woogie Woo ICP

Boogie Man that word has been tossed around quite a lot lately. Well lately is somewhat of a stretch I guess considering that its been argued that the boogie man’s roots came from bugger man from the old English language, but of course who knows right?

By lately what I really meant was the sudden surge of the boogie man to mainstream media, movies, songs, and several other things. I mean in just 2005 we had a movie come out called boogey man, though I am not sure exactly how the title tied in to the rest of the movie, (Mainly since I have yet to watch said movie), also a band known widely by their initials ICP, aka the Insane Clown Posse, actually has a song depicting the boogie man as a clown that hides under beds and kills children.

“You thought it was just a story…but its real!”
-Boogey Man (2005)

…Boys and girls, it's nighty nighttime
Happy J the Clown has a nursery rhyme
It's about, The Boogie Woogie Man
Keep your light on as long as you can
Cuz when it cuts off, so does your head
Boogie Woogie Woogie waits under your bed…
Boogie Woogie Woo ICP

These are just a couple examples of what the children see as our long fabled, Boogie Man, yet we still wonder why the young children of our time are as frightened of the boogie man as those back in the old English country? If not more? Maybe that’s because, just maybe, the boogie man isn’t as fake as everyone has always said? Maybe, just maybe, the boogie man’s century upon century old legend is more fact then fiction?

This is the point where you fancy me mad; the boogie man is just something to make naughty kids behave, like Santa Claus during Christmas…is it not? Maybe it’s not that simple….

This is where I must warn you, for where you are headed, not even I wish to return to. I have not been back to this place for at least a century and now, for your education, I will return…So that you may better understand, the boogie man.

LMM
03-10-2010, 01:02 AM
My story must start with a scene from a park, now this park could have been in any town, near anyone one of you reading this, but this was just a small town, somewhere in Oklahoma. Now for those not familiar with Oklahoma, it is just a rather small state just above Texas, now back to the story. Inside this park there isn’t much but there is enough to keep the small amount of grade school kids entertained and gives the older kids a place to stay after school, at least that’s how this park started, its not like that much anymore.

Now it would take a lot to make this scene look like a child friendly park again. Swings are hanging by only one chain and seesaws are missing, graffiti covers almost every inch of the bright climbing toys. Only two swings are still usable, and on one of those swings is a young girl.

The young girl sat still, motionless, as the swing made small circuits of forward and backward. Her feet dragged across the ground and her short white hair barely moved. Though this isn’t a surprise since her face was covered with a mask, one of the sorts that remind most of the drama masks, from ancient Roman plays.

Its mouth is neither turned in a sweet smile, nor a faithless frown. No the mask’s face is a tight little two lip blank mouth. No emotion. That is usually what you get from the wearer as well. You may be wondering, how I know so much about this strange girl, well that’s simply because, -- she is my sister.

Now you are wondering, why I think my sister and my family is worth writing about right? Yes, we all have strange and sometimes hard things to talk about, but I know one thing my family has that none of yours does.

My family is not a family you might meet at a PTA meeting, or at a soccer game – Oh now the only place you would possibly meet my family, is lurking in the shadows of your nightmares, or possibly hiding in the depth of your closet… or more likely than not, waiting under your bed for your eyes’ lids to grow heavy and you mind to drift off to dream land.

Yes, my father is the famed boogie man, and I could not be more disgusted. Of course this may seem strange to some of you, so let me give you a little background on my family…

My father is the boogie man born and raised into this family business he loves so well. (Yes the boogie man has kids is it that hard to believe?) My mother is a demon, named Lillith; Otherwise, known as the first wife of Adam, her story is known as Jewish Folk Lore.