PDA

View Full Version : Monster (Levias & Green)

Greenteeth
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Guidance assistant. Nor had took to the assumption she'd be running copies and filing paperwork for the guidance counselor, not this... It was optional, really, but the young girl had wanted to make a good impression early. She didn't want to disappoint Mr. Williams already, especially when she knew he'd become annoyed within a week or two of her. The girl had a lazy bone the size of her spine, and somehow knew it's worm its way even here. So, despite all discomfort with the idea, here she was. Mr. Williams had told her about Levias. The student was impossible to get to open up. When he wasn't impersonal and literal, the boy was out fighting. It was believed Levias was going to be one of the ones who snap and go on a school-wide rampage. Which was why the guidance counselor made it a point in working with the orphan.

No adult was having any luck in getting him to open up. That was, as Nor found out a bit belatedly, why they had opened the spot for a guidance counselor. They wanted someone in Levias' own age group to talk with him, try and help him get over the fighting and anger issues. Apparently, that person was her, though the thought of sitting down with someone who had a reputation like that made her uncomfortable. Maybe a bit paranoid, too, because Nor was suddenly unsure what she should say, or could say. What would piss him off? Hopefully not guidance counselors. Nervously shifting in her seat, the girl tucked her skirt carefully under her legs, then played with her hair.

It was the middle of class time now. A notification had been sent to Levias' class, telling him to go to Mr. Williams' office. Instead of, however, the counselor being there, they wanted her to be there. To start the first peer counseling attempt. Nor had no idea what to expect, and mostly she hoped he wouldn't be too offended. It would have been so to her if they expected she sit down and spill her guts to a stranger. Especially a stranger who could go and tell the rest of the school. He might not even show up, though that was a wild and errant thought. For all the violence he'd done, whenever Nor saw Levias, he was usually pretty cool and smart about things. It would have stricken her strange if he refused to come, but it was still a hope that she could avoid this experiment even a little longer.

Levias
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Levias' eyes were closed as the his AP Statistics teacher rambled on about the proportionality of an economy's profit, and so on and so on. Then, he was smacked on the arm. He opened his eyes to see the old lady glaring at him. "Mister Levias, care to explain why you were sleeping?" She asked.

Levias sighed. He yawned silently, and looked her dead in the eyes. She seemed frightened by the empty look in his eyes. "I was not asleep. I heard every word you said." He said, before repeating exactly Everything that the woman had said. THe woman tripped over her next sentence, walking away with a slightly disturbed look on her face. Levias put his head back down, only to hear the annoying ringing of the school phone.

"Yes, this is she...I see...Oh, it's for his weekly check-in, okay, I understand. Right away...You are welcome...Good-bye." The teacher said into the corded phone, before hanging it up. "Levias, Guidence" She said.

He shrugged, and got up, picking his old backpack up. He walked over to the door, glaring at many on the way out.

The walk to guidance was slow and uneventul. He stopped outside of the foor that read 'Mr. Williams'. Sighing he entered.

He stopped halfway through the door when he saw a girl that he recognized from around campus. He looked around, but only saw her. "What are you doing here?" He asked blatantly, sitting down in the usual seat.

Greenteeth
03-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Nor had seen him hesitate at the door, and was suddenly regretful for having agreed to do this. His eyes were blank, almost like they were dead, and it gave the student the creeps. She hated the way they looked around, seeing everything without registering its existence. How was she supposed to help him? Levias seemed wary, distrustful, and this was all feasible. She would have been, too, but somehow it was much more disturbing when those emotions seemed coming from him. Partly because there was no physical proof on that face. It was utterly void, and this was the thing she found hardest to get over in the first few seconds of seeing him. "Your weekly check-in," she answered, trying to put a smile on. It didn't come, and idly the girl had to wonder how Mr. Williams ever managed a smile at Levias.

"Hi, Levias. I'm Nor Thes, the new guidance assistant. They thought it would be easier for you to talk to someone your own age." Talking made smiling easier, since she didn't have to focus on the emptiness there. He certainly didn't have tact, but neither did she, and the thought of them being similar put goosebumps on her arms. They were so not similar. Nor would never be the same as someone who picked fights. She just hoped the fear didn't show on her face. It might ruin her opportunity at a good first impression. "Has anything happened since last week's fight? Maybe you could start by talking to me about that." Half of her didn't want him to, half of her didn't expect him to. Levias was a person who was mostly composed of silence from what she'd heard. His blunt question was the most she expected to come out of this. There was, of course, always the slight chance Mr. Williams knew what he was doing by assigning her to this. Slight.

Levias
03-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Levias mumbled some very colorful words under his breath when she told him why she was there. His fists tensed up the slightest. That bastard did say that he would be trying something new... His subconscious generated for him inside of his head.

Her body language showed fear. Fear and disgust, or that is what it seemed to Levias. He leaned back, relaxing his fists, and listened to her suggestion about talking about his fight last week. He almost grinned madly, but all his lip did was twitch. "I took three guys down, one of which had to go to the hospital because I punched him too hard in the gut." He explained, watching her reactions closely.

In his own mind, he never figured out why people were so afraid of him. He only defended himself from the harsh criticism of the student body. It was like how villains thought themselves to be righteous. Except Levias sometimes was righteous.

He leaned forward, gazing into her eyes, watching for emotions. "I was insulted because they called me a retard, then began to make fun of my family for hanging themselves. They called my father a drunk, and my mother a whore. Then they called me a bastard. So I decided that I had withstood enough, and slammed them into the ground, before consecutively beating the shit out of them." He explained in detail to the girl.

"So, you tell me. Do I really look like the kind of person who would stand there and do nothing? Or, I should say, Have you heard the stories about me being Satan's spawn, sent to cause pain and misery to those around me." He said, leaning forward onto his own interlaced fingers, looking oddly like a person analyzing something.

"Well?"

Greenteeth
03-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Nor was almost surprised with which the ease he began speaking. Did he always talk this much to the counselor? Or perhaps it was because he picked up on her fear, and was trying to reinforce it? She didn't exactly notice the lip twitch, or his desire to grin madly, just how he began to talk. He seemed to be analyzing her at the same time, and the girl shifted in discomfort. The tables definitely turned quickly, didn't they? In his own mind, yes, he defended himself. But the mass students never heard about the words that had been exchanged beforehand. They only saw the damage that had been done. Or, at least, that was what it was with Nor. So, hearing him state so clearly how he sent one of the boys to the hospital, her face became almost too blank, absolutely hiding the fear under there.

It didn't last long, anyway. As Levias leaned forward, the girl pressed back into her chair, seemingly unable to meet his eyes, yet forcing herself to do so. "Insulted?" the girl repeated, confused at this change of events. Had they really said these things, or was he trying to get a rise out of her? Was he still trying to push her into a deeper fear, to drive her away? What was he trying to do? Because, it seemed to Nor, he was saying these things for a specific reaction. And then, he started asking questions. She bit her lip, as though uncomfortable at the impromptu interview. He leaned forward more, and Nor pressed her back against her chair, looking as though she wanted to sink through it. In the back of her mind, the student knew this was bad, that she should try and sit normally. But her body had a mind of its own.

"W-well..." she stuttered, before clearing her throat. It didn't exactly reinforce her voice, but it shook the tremble away. "Yes. I have heard those stories..." she answered, wondering if the truth really was best. But, Nor had the uncanny feeling those eyes would be able to see it even if she had lied. "But you could have come and got Mr. Williams. He would have helped you. There's little need for violence, Levias." The brunette paused, biting her lip, and nodding as if deciding it was okay to continue.

"What they said was... awful. I would have been mad, too, if they said things like that about my family." True, she wasn't in the same familial - or lack thereof - setting as him, but it was easy enough to imagine. "It doesn't really matter what people say about you. They say a lot of things. But getting in fights constantly won't prove you're anything better than a mons-" Nor inhaled sharply, cutting herself off, looking mortified at what she was about to say. Her and her blunt mouth. Thankfully she cut off there, otherwise Levias might have really given her something to fear. "Sorry. I... I'm sorry," she added. She seemed earnest, or at least sincerely terrified.

Levias
03-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Throughout his near-rant, Levias noticed the subtle changes in her demeanor. The way she basically squirmed to find protection or solitude in her seat. She must not have, because she was still hesitant in looking at him.

"Mr. Williams, who I know is listening in on this conversation through that microphone he has in his desk that he thinks nobody knows about, likes to waste my time, while I can solve the problem in less than ten minutes. I prefer the efficient approach."

His respect for women was the only thing that stopped him from interrupting her and lashing out. After the last comment, he glared severely in her direction.

"You don't understand what it's like. You are alone in the world, you are standing over your own Mother's body, and knowing full-well that you'll never see her again as the strangers take you off to a shelter or orphanage. In case you haven't reallized already..." He stopped, his eyes still holding a severe anger and coldness in them. "I AM a monster..."

He breathed out a quick, ragged breath, followed by his eyes becoming dead again. "What else?" He asked as if he didn't just explain his whole childhood (At least to him)

Greenteeth
03-20-2010, 12:14 AM
When Levias mentioned a microphone, Nor turned her head to the desk, as though she'd suddenly be able to see it. The doubt was clear on the girl's face, and after a few minutes she returned her gaze to the orphan. His rather severe glare, however, made her feel like she'd taken ten steps backwards. Oh, what had Mr. Williams been thinking? This was an awful, horrible idea. If anything, she would make him even more likely to get into trouble.

The way he described his childhood, although briefly, made her uncomfortable. He was dead right. She didn't understand, not really. The realization was one she hated, made her feel guilty for almost calling him a monster. It made Nor wonder what else she had missed. This was perhaps the first time she'd seen his eyes hold any real emotion, and they just about froze her heart in fear. Did he really believe that? Did he feel what was on his face? She hoped he didn't. For once, she hoped Levias was a honest sociopath, and had only remote detatchment to how he was displaying himself.

The student's next question was downright disturbing. It made sense he didn't want to linger on a topic so frustrating, but his transition happened just too quickly. Nor found herself mentally stumbling to keep up, unable to process as quickly as he did. "Uhm..." how did you follow that? Unconsciously, the girl bit her nail, quite unaware of doing so. "I think... I think that's enough today. Mr. Williams will probably call to talk to you tomorrow during second period." Nor stood up first, gesturing towards the door. She wanted him away from her. His eyes were better when dead, but still unnervice. "Oh, and uh... I just wanted to add that not understanding isn't synonymous to not caring. It's been a pleasure." Not really. She really fucked up and he really scared her, but Nor managed to flash a brief, dishearted smile and close the door as soon as he left.

Levias
03-20-2010, 02:18 AM
"I think... I think that's enough today. Mr. Williams will probably call to talk to you tomorrow during second period."

"Of course he will. He still thinks I have hope." Levias grumbled out under his breath. He knew she was afraid. He could tell by the way her voice shook when she talked to him.

Good. The more people are afraid, the less attention I will get.

Those were his first thoughts. As he got glares from several of his enemies, he walked down the hall, the same dead look on his face. He made it to his locker, and slammed his fist into it. The action scared away any nearby freshmen or sophomores.

On his way out, the secreetary at the office looked at him. "I'm leaving..." He said, slamming the door behind him.

Levias wandered aimlessly, trying to clear his mind of the images that flashed through. But the darkness wouldn't leave his shadow...