PDA

View Full Version : My first battle here. Fantasy genre.

ImportantNobody
05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I like serious battles more then simple spars (so while this could be practice for me, it shouldn't be for the characters). Because my character is basically good, it would help if your character was a bad guy or you can get really creative about why another good person would have to get in a serious fight with mine.

I don't mind loosing in a fair fight, so don't go easy on me. If I make any mistakes, feel free to tell me so that I can correct them for you.

Name: Alyssa Ralleail (Codenamed Ruby)
Race: Caucasian human
Height: 5'4''
Weight: 112 pounds
Physique: She's in good shape. She's more agile and flexible then a heavy lifter, although she's still a lot stronger then she looks. She has a pear body shape.
Hair: She has light red hair that extends halfway down her back. It has an unkempt look about it, with strands arranged haphazardly. She has no bangs or accessories in her hair.
Eyes: Vivid purple
Face: She has soft, feminine features that causes people to underestimate her power. However, her eyes can give a wonderfully executed "death glare" that freaks people out. She's very good with facial expressions in general, causing her to be an open book of emotions.
Other: She has a birthmark on the bottom of her left foot that has the general shape of a heart, although it's made up of symbols arranged in what appears to be a puzzle or code of some sort.

Equipment: She has six small vials of Ruby Dust attached to her belt (explained below). She also has a "sword" so to speak, that attaches to her back. It's comprised of a red handle, a golden colored guard like a square protecting it, and a silver rod with fancy designs in it that have openings leading to the inside, which is hollow. Inside this rod is more Ruby Dust, which can escape through the holes. With the Ruby Dust inside the "sword" is actually quite heavy and able to do lots of blunt force damage. Without the Ruby Dust it's less powerful, although still able to provide blunt force trauma given enough force.

Magical abilities: She has control over a substance called Ruby Dust. Under normal circumstances this "dust" is about the size of half a centimeter each and is shaped like a disk with sharp edges. Their durability depends on how much energy that she puts into them, but at their base durability they're like normal rubies (which is quite strong to begin with). She has best control over them while using flowing motions with large groupings rather then precise movements from lots of them going in different directions. Another thing that she can do with this Ruby Dust is to change it's shape and combine the pieces together. Both of these techniques require a minimal amount of energy from her (although combing the pieces slightly more so), so she can use this in her fighting style for over 10 minutes before straight tiring out. Although requiring a lot of energy, she also has the power to convert material to Ruby Dust. It works best when she has physical contact with inanimate objects that are sitting still, although that's not to say that this technique is impossible to do otherwise. Once converted to Ruby Dust, she can then control it like normal, perhaps making it fall to pieces if she wanted to destroy the object. As long as she makes the Ruby Dust remain intact, she can undue the process and allow the material to go back to normal, even if it was alive.

Background: Alyssa was born into what is known as the Apocrypha Gems, a group of women known to have gemstone related powers and a birthmark somewhere on their body that's the color of their gemstone. The birthmark on her foot was concealed, upon the request of her parents, due to them wanting her to at least live a normal childhood and give Alyssa the option of wither she wanted to reveal this secret or not. This went according to plan and she lived a normal life up until the age of 14. She obviously knew that she was special, due to the unique birthmark, so she started experimenting with all different kinds of red gemstones in secret. This lead her to become an unofficial treasure hunter due to her family not being able to afford such gemstones. Her parents disapproved of her increasingly dangerous explorations, but were unable to stop her. Once such adventure lead her to the Tomb of the Ruby Dust, which mysteriously opened for her while all other explorers couldn't find a way inside. After collecting the Ruby Dust that lay inside a large golden chalice, she returned to her village to find that it was under attack by a mysterious group asking for the Apocrypha Gem that lived there.

She had remained in secret to avoid such problems, but wondered if she had made a mistake and gotten too careless during her quest for red gemstones. She felt responsible for this attack and wouldn't have abandoned them regardless, so she rushed down to fight. She was able to knock two of the attackers out, but she was surrounded and about to be killed until she made one last ditch effort. She called out to the Ruby Dust and it flew out of it's container, cutting through all of the attackers at once. With her identity revealed, a new wave of curiosity surrounded her and she became famous both around her village and some surrounding villages who also got word of what happened there. At last she discarded the shoes that had concealed her birthmark, which felt like a chain on her all of this time. She knew hat this birthmark has a very important code on it, but she couldn't figure it out. It could be dangerous in the wrong hands, so she only allowed the most trusted of individuals to study it, although they also didn't have a clue of what it could mean.

A silver haired woman codenamed named Diamond showed up around this time of curiosity and trained her how to use her special powers. After two years of training she has become quite proficient and is able to fend off the occasional attacker who wishes to gather the secret of her birthmark. After practicing her sword fighting, Alyssa was able to hit Diamond one time during a match and was rewarded with an unnamed weapon (the one in the equipment section of the character sheet). Alyssa is supposed to name it, although she hasn't come up with anything yet.

Farkis Marisant
05-24-2012, 08:44 PM
We can noob this fight out together if you want. ^_^ Since I'm not too sure on the power limits here I'm going to be using a very simplified version of my character.

My only condition is, if I win you have to be my friend. <3

-Basics-

Name: Farkis Kyle Marisante
Alias: Fear, Fearix, Irritus, Irritrix, Serritrix.
AKA: Setsuna
Blood Type: N/A
Race: Ascended Super Consciousness
Sub Race: Collective Hive
Species: Psionic Power Plant
Class: Slayer
Sub-Class: Observer
Power(s): Relativity & Psionics
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Understood Languages: All
Primary Spoken Language: Voxlacuna
Secondary Languages: English, Latin, Dutch, French, & Spanish.

-Appearance-

Height: 6'1.5”
Weight: 205lbs
Body Fat: 5%
Complexion: Lightly Tanned
Build: Slender & Tone.
Eyes: Smalt
Hair Color: Golden
Hair Hair Length: Medium, slightly below eyebrows.
Hair Style: Messy & Unkept
Tattoos: Two tattoos on his back near his shoulder blades of skeletal wings. Celtic knot around left ring finger. Feather on bottom of right forearm with rune structures.

Equipment: No equipment worth mentioning other than whatever random pieces of garb make up his attire.

Magical abilities

-Racial Innates-
Cellular Sentience: Each cell is a living thinking individual with a semi-hivemind. Communication is done via hormones, electrical signals, and a psionic network.

Cellular Death: Any matter or cells that pass from Farkis' body will eventually become pyrophoric unless inerted prior to departing.

Cellular Void Drive: Energy is store and pulled from the void. No I'm nottalking about an imaginary place, but rather the space between electrons and their nucleus as well as the space between atoms.

Arcane Sight: The ability to see mana, psionic energy, electromagneticenergy, and sound selectively.

Divine Sense: The ability to feel energy, slight pressure changes, and anomalies.

Innate Psionic Ability list: Telepathy, Clairvoyance, Precognition, Retrocognition, Teleportation, Remote Viewing/Scrying, Telekinesis, Accelerated healing, Environmental resistance, Pain resistance, Reactive Adaptation, and Astral Projection.

Psionic Abilities: There is an infinitely long list of potential attacks and defenses that can be created by psionics. Needless to say I will not list them all.

ImportantNobody
05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
That should be fine as long as your psionic ability isn't able to blow her head up instantly or something. lol Or if it does then I should have a chance to stop your attacks with the abilities that I've described. I'll fight him as is and if I die too quickly then I'll know that I need to add on some abilities to be a better match. The Ruby Dust can stop psionic attacks from getting through, so that may be enough to protect myself better.

For being your friend, I can't add friends yet but I will once I get out of my newbie status, whenever that is. I'll start working on the IC.

ImportantNobody
05-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Here it is!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30392&p=959392#post959392

Farkis Marisant
05-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Awesomesauce.

Farkis Marisant
05-24-2012, 11:49 PM
All you.

Farkis Marisant
06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Well our fight has been interesting but uh you can have this one. This site isn't what I was really looking for, so I'mma be sailing away. T'was fun while it lasted. Peace!

ImportantNobody
06-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the warning. Good luck finding something else then!

Kris
06-06-2012, 10:05 AM
A shame, it was nice viewing your battle.

Cfavano
07-12-2012, 02:58 PM
sure, I'll fight ya. http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32258 you wanna get this on?