PDA

View Full Version : Alyssa (ImportantNobody) vs. Farkis (Farkis Marisant)

ImportantNobody
05-24-2012, 10:28 PM
The ancient ruins of the temple was almost nonexistent by this point, corroded beyond recognition both from old age, battles, and bumbling explorers. A couple of moss covered walls and pillars still stood amongst the wreckage, but if one were simply passing by then they would make no connection of the structures belonging to what was once a much grander building then many of them had seen. However, Alyssa knew better. She had gone there hopping to find treasure, rubies specifically, but any traces of there ever being such treasure was long gone. Luckily she cared more about the journey then the results, so wasn't in all that bad of a mood all things considered. She stood in perhaps the most clean place among the ruins, a large circular patch of earth without much rubble in it. In between sightseeing she was doing light exercise and a stretching routine. Her body moved more gracefully and powerfully then a normal human with minimal exertion on herself in the process. She was dressed simply in a white midriff top and light brown pants that extended halfway down her calves. A pair of boots, a brown jacket, and a belt with vials was discarded nearby. She was forced to wear shoes to cover up a special birthmark on the bottom of her left foot, but now that her secret was out in the open she would taken them off every chance she got. During her exploration she needed all the extra items of clothing, but at the moment she just wanted some time to relax, and this routine of hers hit the spot.

After she was finished, she made her way over to a fallen section of a pillar, one of the only things that littered the immediate area, and flopped down onto it, perhaps breaking the illusion of an always graceful being that her routine had appeared to paint her as. A weapon was resting next to her; a blunt silver rod attached to a red handle and gold handguard in the shape of a square. Small openings were placed along the fancy designs of the rod, and inside was the hint of glittering red. She let out a contented sigh, basking in the sun for a bit before she would start heading back home and begin her more serious training with Diamond, an women with similar powers to her own, yet on a whole different level.

Farkis Marisant
05-24-2012, 11:48 PM
All consuming smalt hues broke from the visage as lids began to part. Stopping briefly, the half moon gaze fixated on the pillars for the most minute amount of time. Gradually the sleep ridden face began to twist and contort as deep lines connected near the titan's mouth forming a sardonic smirk. Yet this placid appearance was an illusion that hide the maelstrom of destructive lust that roared through his being.

The legion rose to alarm as the hive began to buzz the numerous troops assembling as a steady flow of essence began to pour from the individual cells. Drifting forward through the temple's corpse Farkis emerged from seemingly no where.

Truth be told the fiend had ventured to this location in hopes of finding an artifact, one cursed by the souls of the priests who were lost during the temples destruction. If such an artifact had existed, it was gone now. The disappointment of a failed venture was quickly washed away as cobalt pools settled on a woman. Immediately hopes began to soar, not because he thought she might have the artifact, nor because he was glad to have a companion, but because she was potential meal.

Glissading into the open the male's garb became strangely apparent due to its unique nature. Well polished high gloss black leather loafers concealed his feet. The hems of obsidian wool pants rested just over the tongues of the footwear, while a leather belt with silver buckle held the slacks in place around his hips. A loose fitting untucked white collared dress shirt concealed the belt, its sleeves rolled up just past his elbows.

Canting his head every so slightly to the right the apex predator took a moment to be acknowledged. His left arm sweeping up behind his head as digits entangled into golden brown locks of shaggy hair, as his maw parted letting loose a small torrent of words.

"Hello little Peche, care to join me fore lunch?"

In one instant the words seemed to reach her before the beast's mouth moved, in another they lagged seconds behind. Yet at notice of the anomaly might have very well been lost as the enchanting voice reverberated off the remains of the temples.

((BBC test))
Test
Test
Test

ImportantNobody
05-25-2012, 04:10 PM
"Hello little Peche, care to join me fore lunch?" The man said, looming over her small frame. He was one of the most mysterious people she had ever seen. While there was something horribly off about him, she couldn't quite place it.

"What's his deal?" she though to herself, pushing herself up onto her feet and grasping onto the handle of her weapon, just in case this man tried any funny business. After all, a normal person probably would randomly go up and ask a girl out to lunch while in the middle of some ruins...actually, a lot of guys might try to hit on her now that she thought about it, but still...

"No thanks. I'm actually going to head back home and eat it there," she replied kindly at first, trying not to upset this mysterious stranger. If he persisted then she would give him her legendary evil glare, but at the moment he hadn't done anything deserving of it. Without waiting for a reply, she began strolling over to the rest of her equipment.

Farkis Marisant
05-25-2012, 05:31 PM
The gates on the dams cracked letting the slightest trickle of thought freely flow. Ebbs of essences effortlessly rolled through the air dancing across the ground. A step was taken toward the woman, hands drifting down as he buried digits into his pockets. The titan's brow furrowed in disappointment, his ears twitching as the woman's words whimsically twirled and twisted past his eardrums. Another step taken, the flood gates parted further sending a tidal flow permeating through the air leaving it trail of saturated particles in its wake.

"I don't suppose it matters that the meal I have planned is a rare and scrumptious delicacy? Emm just thinking about it now makes my mouth water." True to his word a glimmer of saliva gleamed from the corner of his mouth as words effortlessly slithered from his maw. Catching himself moments before the liquid turned into a line of drool, a hand swiftly swung up to brush across his lips. "Surely you don't enjoy eating by yourself? What harm could a little company do?"

ImportantNobody
05-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Alyssa gripped onto the handle of her weapon even tighter, turning her knuckles white. This man was clearly up to no good, but even if he wasn't she till wanted to get back home before she became too famished. Almost on que her stomach growled, stopping any excuse that she could have made about not being hungry. Instead she resorted to her death glare, hoping that he would get the hint and leave her alone. Between that and holding a weapon, these two things would be enough to scare away the average man who was only trying to flirt or force himself on her. If the man continued to persist after that, she would have to assume that he was even more insane or had a more important objective then what she thought, and in that case she'd have no choice but to retaliate with force. The Ruby Dust inside her sword began to stir slightly as she stood there, continuing to eye him while waiting for his next move.

Farkis Marisant
05-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Tilting every so slightly forward Farkis gliding along the ground, drifting aimless toward the side of the female. With distance between them depleted to just a handful of yards before the titan finally stopped again. The beautiful blues of his irides ignited, peeling away from the whites of his eyes leaving a tarnished gold hue in their absence. Pupils partial expanded as his focus encompassed the woman. But was he truly looking at her? Or through her? The first tendrils of thought formed as the enumerable strings of essence entwined.

Residual essence was left in the air supersaturating the air around them. The flow of psionics bolstering as the gates full opened releasing the ocean of thought that had been previously restrained. The tidal wave of intangible energy washed forth from every inch of his being coating and assimilating with ambient matter that decorated the world around him. The expansion of his control ending some thirty feet from him, forming a sixty foot diameter. Minute filaments on the outside of the bubble of thought grasped at the world and gradually began to pull it toward him.

The ebbs and flows of thought grasped at the particulates of the air pushing and pulling as it corralled them into a smaller and smaller area. The end result was gentle breeze flowing from Alyssa to Farkis, the gust swirling around his figure before accumulating into a denser ball near his base.

"Such anger, surely it is unwarranted? Ever day I dine alone, every night I freeze in solitude. Surely it is not unreasonable for me to seek conversation, someone to enjoy fine elegant meals with?" Sorrow swept his visage as contortions of pain overtook his cheeks and eyes. "I am but a lost soul looking for a friend."

ImportantNobody
05-26-2012, 03:42 PM
"Such a strange feeling," Alyssa thought to herself, stepping backwards cautiously. "And this wind is unnatural. What's this guy doing?"

She stepped backwards again and allowed the Ruby Dust to flow out of the cracks of her weapon, wrapping the stream loosely around her body like a protective boa constrictor. Her mind felt better once the rubies passed in front of her head, leading herself to believe that this was some sort of psychic energy being sent out. She left the vials in her belt alone for now so should could use it as a surprise attack later on if need be.

"Find someone else who cares," she replied.

Farkis Marisant
05-26-2012, 11:10 PM
But my dear little Peche, there is no one else around. I have spent many a days wandering by myself, many a months alone in solitude. My poor heart simply cannot take this isolation. If you would not give me the pleasure of dining with me tonight... what about me traveling along with you? If only until we reach your destination, then we can part. Safety in numbers, you know?"

The soft gilded words tirelessly spewed from his lips. Like the gentle beating of butterfly wings they effortlessly slipped through the air before dancing about elegantly in her ears. There was no aggression, no hostility, only pain and sorrow. Maybe even a tinge of regret. Even as the woman retreated will pulling up her glittering defense, Farkis seemed undeterred. His pitch and tone remained the same as he kept pace with her. Not once did he come within ten feet, but kept a good proper social distance for two strangers.

Yet something in their game of cat and mouse was changing. The focal of the bubble was no longer on the titan, but the woman in question. Instead of all edges of the object being thirty feet from him, they were now thirty feet from her. To further complicate things the air seemed to be thicker, there was a noticeable increase in humidity, and the ambient temperature steadily rose. This of course was all attributed to the external tendrils ravaging the outside world, sucking it into the bubble, compressing and condensing it.

"Why so hostile, I come in friendship and yet here you are brandishing a sword. I an humble man, with no armor nor weapon. What could I do to you?"

ImportantNobody
05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
"You're using some kind of magic. That's more dangerous then a weapon," she replied. "Don't think that I haven't sensed it. If you want some company, stop your magic and head north to a nearby village. I don't need protection from wild animals, so at the moment you're the only one I'd need protection from."

She stood impatiently, eyeing him suspiciously to make sure he didn't try anything even more fishy then what he was already doing.

Farkis Marisant
05-29-2012, 07:42 PM
The irradiation of the environment was complete, above below, around, the thirty foot radius about Alyssa had become supersaturated with the psionic energy. gases, solids, liquids were so thoroughly permeated by thought that the all 113097.335 cubic feet had become psycho reactive. The air was now completely stagnant, it was heavy as if the air pressure had significantly increased. The humidity seemed to spike to such a degree that a light fog appeared to develop coating everything in a fine layer of mist. The steady pull of ambient particulates into the bubble extended so far as to even grasp and focus light causing a spike in the temperature, it was probably getting close to 95 degrees F within the area of effect.

The sea of thought was not shy, it did not avoid the female. Carelessly it drifted toward her, around her, if allowed it'd pass through her like everything else. The vast amount of mental essence didn't seem interested in the least in altering or harming Alyssa, instead it was more like a jellyfish swimming and bobbing about, mindlessly moving. But was all of this truly mindless? Or had the titan weaved a complex web of destruction?

"Oh my, I know nothing of magic ma'am. I have nothing but my wandering thoughts to amuse myself with. Maybe it is your own paranoid mind that you need protection from?"

ImportantNobody
06-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Alyssa had enough and this man had his warning. She decided on doing a quick surprise attack, not enough to kill him but enough to knock him out long enough for her to leave with him following her. She lunged forward with her right foot as she swung the blunt portion of her weapon toward the side of his head. Meanwhile the Ruby Dust formed a defensive swirling pattern along her front side while some of it was diverted toward her head to wrap around it, kind of like a tin foil cap but actually useful for stopping physic attacks.

Farkis Marisant
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
It was pretty damn smart of Farkis to have kept some buffer space between the two of them.

Not once did he come within ten feet, but kept a good proper social distance for two strangers.

It seemed the female had decided to go on the offensive with a sword slash or something like that? Fortunately because this was the first time anyone had moved sense Farkis had stopped ten feet away it seemed plausible that they were still ten feet away right before she lunged. Either way it gave the titan plenty of time to react.

As Alyssa brought her foot forward she'd find that the ground was no longer there. Instead she was now stepping into a foot deep hole. Her sword swing toward his head would most likely get completely thrown off and hit his bicep or shoulder, maybe lower. It wouldn't matter though.

The psionic bubble collapsed inward. Wind, particulates, moisture, and earth all parted around the fiend as it rushed toward the female. The ground rose up around her and in seconds Alyssa would realize what horrible magic the monster had been weaving. His essence, his energy had saturated the world around her. Now that essence was moving the world, moving it to her, forcing it to condense. From all directions layers of water, air, dust, and earth would move in to press against her, condense into a smaller and smaller sphere. Temperature would spike to autoignition points, the atmospheric pressure shooting up a dozen bars,

As the end of the implosion finally came, Farkis would remain where he had previously stood, now floating above a thirty foot crater. If all things had gone according to his plan the woman would be dead. Her mind, her body, her soul, and her ruby dust trapped in a psionic field packed with rocks, soil, dust, rain, and all other conceivable matter in the area roughly the size of a small gumball. Crushed to death by huge amounts of pressure, incinerated by inconceivable temperatures.

Even if the ruby dust could protect her from someone messing with her brain, even if it could protect her from the psionic energy controlling her body, could it protect her from being crushed by pressure alone?

ImportantNobody
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
As Alyssa stepped down, somehow the earth had given under her feet or perhaps it wasn't even there in the first place, but she fell forward awkwardly and her strike barely even glanced off of his forearm. After yanking her foot back out, she could feel participles of water and dirt beginning to condense on the surface of her skin and the feeling of wind pushing inward on her from all directions. Thinking fast, she imbued all of the Ruby Dust with her energy and formed it into a protective sphere around her body, pushing against the inward pressure with outward pressure. The pressure was now off of her and on the rubies, which she noticed beginning to crack and press inward, but whenever a weak spot appeared she would assist it by sending more of her energy into it. She knew that she couldn't hold off for long, so as this was occurring she controlled all of the rubies to fly away from her opponent as quickly as possible so that she could escape the psychic sphere that had surrounded her. That put more pressure on the side of the sphere in which she was heading, but it allowed her to cut some energy off from the backside in the process.

This was all very tiring and not how she had wanted to start a battle, but at the moment she was able to match her opponents inward pressure and was gaining progress in her escape. The outside world was being clouded with debris as things began condensing on the ruby shell, making it hard to see, but she'd simply need to keep heading in the same direction and would be able to feel it when she managed her escape.

Farkis Marisant
06-03-2012, 12:06 AM
If the female thought that the attack was going to last for a minute or even a dozen seconds she was sadly mistaken. The abruptness of the onslaught would last but a couple of seconds. That's right the entire 113097.335 cubic feet of matter and energy would be compressed into an area of less than an inch in only two seconds. Fortunately for Alyssa this meant that she didn't have long to deal with the compounding pressure. Unfortunately for Alyssa this did mean she had to deal with significantly more pressure than she probably intended.

As the opposition flew from the area of effect, Farkis' eyes would settle up the small gumball sized sphere of hyper compressed energy. It appeared as a single aphotic mass, all of it's wonderful energy so thoroughly contained that the light produced from the matter converting into energy due to rapid compression, could not escape. In that instant Farkis broke the shell of control he'd generated casting away half of his mental essence.

The implosion exploded.

Alyssa would find herself facing a three fold attack. In the form of a constantly expanding cone, shaped charge, she would be faced with overwhelming amounts of light, unbearable heat, and another pressure wave. The beauty of the explosive pressure wave would be its ability to absolutely destroy the rubies. While diamonds were arguably the hardest material known to man, they easily shatter. Crystals that have an organized structure such as glass, diamonds, and rubies are susceptible to sound. Powerful resonance waves cause the molecules that construct the crystals to shift which results in them shattering.

While there might be some doubt that the overpressure may not shatter the rubies there is little doubt of it's lethality for humans. But who knew, some people were just serendipitous.

ImportantNobody
06-03-2012, 06:31 PM
The inward pressure vanished quicker then she thought, causing the sphere to jolt forward at a massive acceleration without all of the intense pressure that was holding the movement back. She slammed against the back of the ruby sphere and hurt her head a bit, but luckily she didn't suffer any major injuries that came with this almost unbearable change in momentum. This momentum was changed yet again when there was a mighty flash and a wave of heat. She instinctively flooded the ruby sphere with loads of her energy, but even so the back of the ruby shattered and she crashed through the badly cracked front of the ruby, sending her tumbling to the ground within a hail of ruby shards. She felt as if she had just been hit by a truck and was on the verge of blacking out, but she was still alive and functional, albeit exhausted due to over 75% of her energy now gone with the wind. Luckily her normal attacks didn't take too much energy to use, so she'd just have to refrain from using her better attacks or intense physical exertion unless it became absolutely unavoidable.

After a moment of rest she managed to push herself onto her feet, using her weapon as a sort of cane to lean on. A normal human might have at least lost consciousness, but luckily she was someone special. Observing her surroundings, she estimated herself to be around 100 feet away from the center of the blast. After such a devastating first attack she wouldn't pursue her enemy by heading over there. If she wanted to escape then she could control the ruby dust in the belt to send that flying over to her, causing her to only lose her jacket and shoes, which were completely expendable given the circumstances. Of course, this is all assuming that they weren't caught in the previous attack. For now she would pause a bit to see what her opponent was doing and to regain some of her lost strength.

Farkis Marisant
06-04-2012, 12:50 AM
The titan's left arm slipped up into the air, crossing over his chest as he placed his digits on his right shoulder. His right limb rotated as he stretched it out, his gaze settling on the destruction. A long drawn out whistle slipped from his lips as he marveled over the collateral damage. "Damn, you're resilient."

The titan's words drifted through the air effortlessly crossing the gap between the two. "That was pretty dick of you, smacking me in the arm like that."

Shifting his weight Farkis began his trek toward the female. Each step causing the distance between to the two to drop what seemed like an insignificant amount. Slowly and surely he made his way toward her, and soon the insignificant steps accumulated into a significant reduction in separation. Essence continued to ebb from his body as the tendrils of thought manipulated their way through the environment coiling around debris like deadly serpents. "I think I'mma enjoy rending your soul from your body."

ImportantNobody
06-06-2012, 02:56 PM
(At the request of Farkis, this battle is over. I'll consider it a draw because you fought honorably and it was fun. For the sake of the story, lets say that Alyssa was able to retreat by hitching a ride on her ruby dust)