PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Soul IC (Agnores x Blue_Tornado)

Agnores
03-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Zak pulled into her driveway and honked the horn.

Yeah, it was late. Yeah, he probably should have just called. Whatever. The poeple around him would get over it. Besides, the fact he forgot about Natalee's birthday a few days ago made everything else seem so much less...important. All that mattered was making it up to her. And making it back before his parents noticed.

He hadn't told Natalee that he was showing up, so this was meant to be a big surprise. She had been really mad at him the past few days, and it was only a few hours ago when he realized why. So, he decided he would play it off as a purposefully late birthday gift...and not because he had been playing video games.

Ah...video games. Other then hard rock and heavy metal, it was the best thing humans had ever, and possibly ever would, come up with. Zak couldn't wait to get back to his game. He was almost at the final boss....No, he berated himself, this night is for Natalee.

He had tried to dress nice. He wore one of his band t-shirts inside out to hide the logo, and wore black jeans that actually had no chains or holes ripped in them. He hoped she would notice...in all actuallity, he hoped she would come out. He was starving...he hoped she was too. It would be nice to just to see her again. It had only been a few days, but man...

Zak didn't think he could ever miss a person so much. He turned up his music a little bit louder, hoping the grating sounds of the radio would distract him from his thoughts. He just wanted a fun night with Natalee. Hopefully she would oblige.

--Someplace Far Away--

Rathas watched as the Darkness gathered over a remote town. A smirk took his face....someone would join the Organization tonight.

Bia
03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Natalee was sitting her room, going over a application for college when she heard the familiar honk from her driveway. The low rumble of Zak's engine and the soft pounding of whatever music he was listening too. She tapped her pencil on the paper and considered going out there, it was true, she was kind of peeved he didn't remember her birthday, she had never missed anyone of his. But at least now he was trying to make it up, at least, that's what Natalee hoped he was doing, what if she went out there and he just wanted to tell her about some new video game he got that had nothing to with her? No, that couldn't be it, of course he would have remembered by now.

She sighed and stood up, might as well give him a chance. She did a quick once over on her outfit, pink peasant shirt, dark blue jeans and pink converse. She did a quick brushing of her hair and, grabbing her cell phone, hurried out of the house. Her parents were both out of the house at the moment, her dad at some meeting and her mom doing a bake sale for her little sisters school.

She walked outside and smiled at Zak as she got in the car, "You look nice" she noticed, not able to keep the surprise out of her voice. Maybe he didn't actually forget, maybe he purposely made her think...well, maybe.

Agnores
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
She smiled. That was a good sign. The surprise in her voice was also a good sign. He decided he would try to use that to his advantage.

"You thought I forgot, didn't you?" He laughed a little, pulling out of her driveway and heading down the road. To Zak, it was slow going. He was used to going 60 down any road he possibly could...but he wouldn't this time. He even turned off the radio, though he was very hesitant to do so.

He smiled at her. "So, old woman, how are you? You haven't exactly been the most talkative to me lately." Zak wondered if he would get away with calling her an 'old woman.'

--Someplace Far Away--

"...and yet you do nothing for that town!" The newest member to the Organization was angry about the way things worked. No one could stop the Darkness once they decided upon something. Besides, the Organization could use the extra member. Rathas simply smiled, and nodded.

"You think too small, boy. Only a few souls will be taken. The Darkness is not so stupid as to draw attention to itself by wiping out a whole town."

"I thought our cause was to stop the Darkness!" The boy yelled in responce, stepping forward. Rathas brought his hand up, and snapped his fingers, which exploded in a force that sent the boy flying back into a nearby wall. "Nega, you will learn your place. Your missions have been cancelled for today. Go back to your bunk."

Bia
03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Natalee rolled her eyes, "Yes, in fact I did think you forgot." she said and watched out the window as the world rolled by.

"Old?!?" she exclaimed. "I'll have you know I hold the world speed-knitting record, I'd hardly call that old" she teased, smiling.

((Sorry for the short post))

Agnores
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
((short posts are okay with me, as long as something happens in them lol))

Zak smiled. So far so good. Now to see how she reacted to leaving town. He was taking her somewhere good, and he wanted it to be above anything he had ever done for her before.

"So, refresh me, you like asian food, right?" It was an unnecessary question, he knew the answer. But it made for a great segway into how he was going to tell her where they were going. His smile widened at the thought.

It was then he noticed something odd. It was dark, as usual at 7:00 PM, but there were no stars. It was like the night sky had become a thick, dark, blanket. It was becoming harder to see by the second. Like, unusually hard to see. Zak ignored it and turned on his hi-beams. He wasn't going to let a little darkness ruin his da---late birthday gift. Zak internally smacked himself. Date my ass, he thought. I've known her forever now.

Bia
03-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Natalee looked at him strangely, "You know I like asian food! Chinese is my total favorite!" she said happily.

Were they going to a Chinese place? She suddenly felt self-conscious, her outfit wasn't that nice, she hoped they weren't going to a nice place. She looked over at Zak, he wasn't dressed up. Well, he was for him. Maybe they were going somewhere nice...

"Where are we going anyway?" she said, keeping her voice light and teasing, not letting on her concerns show

Agnores
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Zak smiled even wider. "Good, we're heading to --"

The car suddenly stalled out. Zak quickly tried to start it up, but it didn't even try. Zak checked the rear view, no cars were coming. Looking forward, no cars were heading in their direction. Zak curses as he tried to start the car again, then begin to scream even louder curses and he began to punch the steering wheel.

"Well, we were heading to a chinese place downtown. Now, I don't know." Zak should his head and laid it on the steering wheel. This sucks. Not only did he forget Natalee's birthday, but his car had to be a POS and crap out on him. What a day, what a day.

It was then that he heard it, a soft whispering that seemed to be coming from behind him..."The soul....so delicious..."

Zak sat up, and checked the backseat. Nothing. But, the whispers continued to repeat themselves. "Natalee...is your phone going off or something?"

Bia
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Natalee sighed when the car stalled out "Aww, this stinks" she said sadly. Then she noticed Zak "Hey don't beat yourself up, this isn't your fault, we can probably fix it" she said, patting his back.

She started to get out of the car when Zak asked her if her phone was going off, she pulled out her phone and looked at it quizzically. "Umm, no, why? I don't hear anything." she said and continued climbing out of the car "Well come on, lets go pop the hood!" she said cheerily and opened the door.

Agnores
03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Zak looked at Natalee, and nodded slowly. As soon as her door opened, the whispering stopped. Am I going crazy at this age? Zak shook his head and went to get out before something caught his eye.

There, coming down the road from the way they had come, were two black masses. From this distance, it looked like a pillar of smoke was quickly rushing in their direction. He got out of the car and shut his door. "Hey, Nat, you see that? What makes that kind of smoke?" Something seemed really off, but Zak couldn't place it. He glanced over at Natalee, then back at the smoke.

From a distance, he thought a fast moving vehicle had produced the trailing pillar of smoke. As they neared, however, Zak quickly noticed that nothing was producing it...the pillar of smoke seemed to be trailing thin air. "This can't be good..."

Every video game sense Zak had was going off that something bad was about to happen.

Bia
03-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Natalee shrugged off Zak's weird question, maybe he just thought he heard a phone vibrating or something. And climbed out into the dark evening sky. She felt a slight breeze and the cool night air, and noticed the day was unusually dark. That's kinda weird Natalee thought to herself but headed over to the hood of the car anyway.

Natalee opened the hood and was looking around the engine when Zak asked a question. Natalee was only half paying attention and answered vaguely, not even looking up "I didn't see anything" she mumbled and continued playing around with the battery.

Agnores
03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Zak made a mental note to never trust Natalee to notice anything wierd. These things were moving fast; Zak could now tell what was making the smoke exactly. At the very tip of the pillar, where all the smoke was billowing from, was a small, pitch black sphere. As they neared, the two began to circle each other, causing Zak to take a few steps back.

"Natalee, get ba--" Zak was interrupted as one of the spheres collided with his chest, lifting him off the ground and flinging him over the car. He landed hard on his back some feet behind Natalee, the wind knocked out of him. The other sphere, or the same sphere, Zak didn't know, collided with Zak's chest and exploded into a thick black ooze.

Zak struggled but found he couldn't move. "Natalee, run!" On the otherside of Zak the other sphere hit the ground and exploded as well, but the ooze that it exploded into began to form into a human shape, with arms that reach the ground, and no discernable face. The creatures movement was twitchy, and though it had no eyes that Zak could see, it seemed as if it was focused on Natalee...

"Her soul is so much stronger...." The whispers had started again.

Bia
03-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Natalee was still fiddling with the car, generally ignoring Zak, when he was suddenly flung up over the car. She glanced up, her mouth agape in open-mouth shock. After a second she recovered herself and ran to where Zak was laying on the ground, seeming to be struggling with an unseen force. "What happened?" she said, still not fully grasping the situation. She looked around wildly, but couldn't see anything.

Natalee run! Zak pleaded her but Natalee shook her head and crouched next to Zak, "I'm not going anywhere! I don't even know what's going on! Zak, talk to me, what's happening!" she said grabbing his head, forcing him to look at her, an expression of deep concern and confusion on her face.

Agnores
03-11-2010, 10:30 PM
The creature's overly long arms rose in the air. Zak began to struggle harder, but to no avail.

"She is our's."

"NO!" Zak screamed. The creature's faceless head turned into Zak's direction, and he could hear laughing, though it seemed distant. Then, he brought the arm down, its long fingers crashing through Natalee's body. Though they left no physical mark he could see, the look on Natalee's face scared him more then anything.

"NATALEE!"

Bia
03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Natalee was freaking out, "What's going on Zak? I don't see anything!" She couldn't see anything and was near tears. NO! Zak screamed and Natalee shrieked, what could be happening?!?! She stood up shakily, trying to grab her cell phone and call for help, but her hands were shaking too much and the cell phone fell out of her hands, landing next to Zak's head.

Suddenly her body went rigid, her blood felt like it just got drenched in Icy Hot, her blood turned freezing, then boiling at super speeds. She tried to say something, to look at Zak, to scream--anything! But it was if she was frozen in place, not able to do anything. It felt as if her life was being sucked out of her, her breath came in short shallow bursts and her head felt light and pounded as her blood changed its temperatures rapidly.

She took one finally glance at Zak before her legs buckled underneath her and she fell onto the hard gravel, her eyes shuttered closed and she blacked out.

Agnores
03-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Natalee's body fell, and there standing where she used to be was a wispy, white, translusent Natalee. "NATALEE!" Everything within Zak seemed to be moving, his blood rolling white hot. NO ONE hurts Natalee. No one! Zak would kill these things, no matter what they are. They were going to die!

"That hatred..."

"GRAUGH!" The black ooze covering him was beginning to give, he could move slightly. He stopped struggling, instead, he slowly began to be push himself upwards into a sitting position. The one who was in a human form began to back up; he could tell there was fear in his steps.

"The girl...his feelings..."

"I'LL KILL YOU!!" Zak roared. The ooze holding him down reformed into a sphere and flew off, leaving a trail of smoke behind it. The human formed one stood his ground. Almost instantly, Zak jumped up and rushed the human-like one. He felt energy surging through his body; he did not notice his hand, which was glowing white.

"Your hatred...your darkness...your weapon"

Zak instinctively took the glowing hand and swung out, but the creature instantly formed into a sphere and flew around Zak, near the whispy-Natalee. "You will get her back when you are born once more." Zak roared, spinning around and rushing back. Again, he swung, but both the creature and the Natalee-ghost disappeared, causing Zak to simply trip over Natalee's body and bang his head on the car, knocking him out cold.

Bia
03-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Natalia picked at a knot in the wood of the table she was sitting next to. It had been a couple hours since she woke up, and she was still totally out of it. She didn't understand anything that was happening around her. These tall people in white suits had dressed her in a plain black t-shirt, jeans and some sneakers that said "Vans" on them, whatever that meant.

She continued picking at the table, wanting to just shut everything out, this was too much to handle in one day. Apparently she wasn't even real, or at least that was what she understood from what the white suited people said, that she was a copy-ish of some other girl, they wouldn't tell her who. She sighed and waited for the white-suited people to come back, they said they were bringing someone else to talk to her. Natalia wondered who.

Agnores
03-13-2010, 10:51 PM
"NATALEE!"

Zak sat straight up, yelling, in a white comfy bed. Zak took in a few breathes, then let his head fall into his hands. She was dead, or worse. He didn't understand anything that had happened. What were those things? What did they do to Natalee? Where was Natalee now?

"Oh, look, King Screams-A-Lot is away." Zak looked up, his eyes instantly assaulted by how white everything seemed. It made the dark-skinned man at the door stand out more, especially since he was dressed in white. The man smiled, then pointed at the white dresser in the corner of the room. "Get dressed, Screamo."

Zak didn't move. "Where is Natalee?" The man at the door smiled, then stepped in, taking a seat on the edge of Zak's bed. "She's gone, Screamo. The Darkness has her."
Zak's head fell back into his hands. "She's dead?"

"No, Screamo. She's not dead. She's alive and well, albeit forever tortured within the being of something like the creatures that attacked you." Zak shook his head. Those black creatures...she was within of of them? "Can I get her back?"

"Yeah, sure. But first, Screamo, get dressed. I think you'll like what we got for you." The dark-skinned man got up and left, pausing at the door. "Your girl, Natalee. She has a powerful will. She'll be okay."

Zak simply looked up at him as he spoke, but he never looked back. He simply walked off. Zak forced himself to move. He didn't know where he was, he didn't who that was, and he certainly didn't know how they knew about the creatures. However, he had said something about Natalee being okay, and that meant he had information, which was more then Zak had.

Zak approached the dresser, and opened it. Inside, Zak ffound several items: a pair of boots that were as white as the walls and everything else, with several grey straps on either side of the foot. There were also a pair of jeans, grey this time, that fit loosely around Zak when he put them on. Then, there was grey sleeveless shirt that accented Zak's slight muscular build. There was also a belt that Zak fit around his waist, even though his jeans had no belt loops.

When Zak was dressed, he turned to find the dark-skinned man back at his door, watching. "Well, Screamo. Ready?"

Zak eyed the man, simply replying, "That's creepy." The dark-skinned man simply smiled, then turned and walked off, with Zak close behind.

Bia
03-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Natalia sighed and stretched out in the chair. The large white room was really giving her the creeps. The door finally opened again and a large, scary looking African-American man walked in, followed by a sheepish looking guy with black spiky hair. She put her head to the side, confused, why wasn't this guy in a white suit?

"This is Natalia" the guy announced "Her soul was recently taken as well. This is an example of how your Natalee would be acting when she woke up, not knowing anything about anything, almost like a newborn." He was gesturing to her as he spoke, and Natalia got a strong feeling of something she didn't have a name for, a feeling of being there, but being talked about like she wasn't.

The guy looked at her with curious eyes and Natalia shifted her gaze around the room, uncomfortable under the stare. Finally her eyes settled on the doctor and she asked "What is that called...that shiny thing that I see myself in?" she asked, pointing to the mirror. The man sighed and looked annoyed, "That's a mirror" he rolled his eyes and stage-whispered to the man behind him "They ask questions about normal life constantly, this ones been doing it more than they usually do."

Agnores
03-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Zak's eyes never left the girl. She had been introduced as Natalia, but he was sure that wasn't right. It was almost like they simply took Natalee's body and applied a different hair color.

"What is that called...that shiny thing that I see myself in?"

That proved she was Natalee in disguise. Natalee had seemed to live in front of a mirror, or at least when Zak wanted to go somewhere quickly. "Who took her soul?" Zak asked, curious. The man who had led him here turned to him. "The same creatures that took Natalee's." There was a smile at the end of his sentence.

Zak looked back at Natalia. Was there someone missing her, wondering what happened, like Zak did for Natalee? Zak had never considered this before, but without Natalee...he had no reason to be around. It was then that Zak realized he needed Natalee, probably to her dismay, and instantly he decided he would do two things:

He would get Natalee back, and he would make sure no one else ever had to go through the same thing as him.

Bia
03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Natalia pondered that word for a moment, mirror what a strange word. She looked at the "mirror" for some time, poking and prodding at her face and hair. Finally, she realized both of the men were staring at her strangely, "What?" she said simply.

She stood up and pointed to the mans badge "What is that? And what are those strange markings?" The man sighed and didn't even bother replying, instead he turned to Zak again, "The thing I hate the most is teaching them how to read again, it's soo annoying, usually we just let them be ignorant"

While he was saying this Natalia looked at him with a strange expression on her face, "What is ignorant?" she demanded, the man again didn't reply but said to Zak "See what I mean, Screamo?"

Agnores
03-15-2010, 03:34 AM
"Ignorant means you don't know anything."

Zak looked at the man. "I'll teach this one, if you think it's beneath you." Zak thought it was odd how much like Natalee she looked...yet looked completely different all the same. Either way, he wasn't going to let this man treat this girl wrong, just because she lost and soul and all of her knowledge. It was stupid and wrong.

"Natalia, is it? I am Zak."

Bia
03-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Ignorant means you don't know anything

The other man replied. Natalia decided that this man was a lot nicer than the guy in the white suit. Natalia walked up to the man she had asked the question to previously and said "I am not ignorant, I know what a mirror is, and what a bed is, and what a doctor is, and what a table is, and what a chair is....and...and..." she struggled to remember something else she learned "I know a lot of things" she finished lamely.

Natalia, is it? I am Zak

"Hi Zak" she said, not sure what to do next, a while ago, she was watching some doctors talking, and she remembered they had grabbed each others hands and shook them. Natalia held out her hand, hoping that she wasn't making a fool out of herself.

Agnores
03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
((I am have ran head-long into writer's block))

Zak shook her hand, for lack of better things to do.

He turned to the man and white, "Why did you bring me here? What's the purpose in all of this?" Zak wondered that if this was a way to save Natalee, if this man knew everything he needed to do and how to do it. Maybe even give him the way to do it. Of course, it was all vain hopes. Zak looked back at Natalia...still stricken by how much like Natalee she seemed.

Bia
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
((How about....it's lunch time!))

Natalia smiled, mostly out of relief that she did the right thing, and didn't look like an "ignorant" person.

The man in the suit, instead of responding to Zak's question, changed the subject, "It's about time for lunch don't you think?" she said checking the strange gizmo on his wrist. "Come on, both of you, I'll lead you to the cafe" He pushed Natalia and Zak on ahead of him, and Natalia couldn't help asking "What's that?" to the mans watch. and "Whats that?" to the lights on the top of the ceiling. And "Whats that" to the plants that were in some corners of the hallway. And "What's that?" to just about everything.

Agnores
03-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Zak kept talking. He answered every single question she asked, to the best of his ability. Talking did many things: it helped Natalia out, it kept his mind off of Natalee, and it made him feel like he was doing something right.

Zak explained what a watch is and what a watch does, he explained about how the things on the ceiling provide light so people could see, and he explained all he could about plants, which wasn't very much. He even answered any of he questions about his answers...which were many.

The cafe would bring many more questions, and Zak would answer then all, patiently. The talking made him feel better, made him forget things...It made him feel needed important. Zak hoped, somewhere deep inside him, that Natalia never stopped asking questions, and he could answer in ways that would bring Natalee back, at least in part. Zak was still unsure if there was anyway to really bring Natalee back...So he would take what he could get.

Bia
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Natalia was delighted that Zak was being so nice to her. She had assumed everyone was like that mean man in the suit. The man showed them where to sit, and gave them a card to buy lunch with. Natalia of course had 10 tons of questions about every single thing, especially the computers and how the credit card worked.

Finally when they sat down, Natalia with a slice of pizza and a Sprite, she finally stopped her steady stream of questions to look at Zak. Since she still didn't know the proper courtesy or signs of restraint you're supposed to show to a person, she just said whatever came to her mind. "You're a nice man Zak" she stated simply before looking around and spotting a old man with a hump on his back "Why's he walking like that?" she asked, and the steady stream of questions continued..

Agnores
03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
You're a nice man Zak.

--.~Some Years Earlier~.--

"You worthless piece of crap!"

Zak's back slammed into the wall from the force of the punch, and he couldn't recover before a second punch to his gut doubled him over on the floor. "Think you can make a B in Math and still live in my house!? Huh!?" This time it was a kick the the face that sent Zak careening across the floor. When would Mom be home? When would this stop?

Zak attempted to pick himself up, but a hard kick to his back knocked him back down. "You stay there, you stupid, pathetic....THING! How dare you call yourself my son!" He heard the stomps as his dad walked off. A few minutes later, Zak slowly picked himself up, and stumbled to his room. He fell onto his bed, and closed his eyes. Dad would tell Mom that the bruises came from another fight at school. She would never listen to Zak. Zak was a trouble-maker teen, afterall.

The next morning, Zak stayed in bed until after both of his parents had left. That way, he could avoid his Mom's questions about his motives for fighting, and his dad's condescending attitude. He dressed slowly, and ate a small breakfast. The bruise from the kick his father gave him was huge, Zak wanted to avoid exposing it as much as possible.

Zak's school day was normal. He ignored comments made about the bruise, retreating back to his corner, mulling over how much people disgust him. It wasn't until lunch did Zak's day go from bad to worse. As usual, he sat at a table by himself. Unlike usual, a table full of people Zak especially hated, the popular kids, sat right next to his table. One of the girls, whom Zak heard someone call Natalee, was helping another girl study, when a brute of a man, whom Zak recognized as one of the football players, stood and announced, "We're leaving, Nat. Let's go."

The girl named Natalee looked up. "I'm going to stay and help Lindsay study for her math test, okay?" Zak kept his laugh to himself. Two stupid people studying didn't help anymore then one stupid person studying. "No, Nat, we're leaving." The brute picked Natalee up by her arm, and almost literally dragged her away from the table. She wrenched her arm back, magically, it seemed, before replying, "No, I am going to help her study."

Zak hated his dad, and he hated him a lot. However, to his dad's credit, Zak had never seen him hit his mom, or any other woman. So when the football player backhanded Natalee, Zak immediately labeled him as worse then his dad, and for whatever reason, stood up.

"She wants to stay. Let her stay." He didn't know why he said anything. What was he going to do, fight the football player? "What did you say? Did you ask to be hit too? I guess you want that bruise a little bit bigger, don'tcha."

"Why do it in here, though?" Zak said, hoping to be able to lure the man away. "Let's go outside, where you won't have back-up incase I can kick your ass." The brute glared for a second, but nodded. Zak simply picked up his bag and left, the brute informing Natalee she was to leave as soon as he was done. Zak checked his watch. Ten minutes until lunch is over. She had ten minutes to finish studying with that girl. She had ten minutes before he stopped caring.

The brute used all ten minutes.

At the end of the school day, Zak sat down on a curb outside of the cafeteria. Something had gone right about the day...the football player didn't hit quite as hard as his dad, but he hit much more often. The school nurse had given him a few band-aids to cover the scratches, but mainly he spent much of today getting told off for fighting.

"You didn't have to do that." It was Natalee, he could tell by her voice. He didn't turn around. "Shut up. You finish studying?"

"No, I was worried about you," she said.

"Shut up! You wasted that time. That's why I did that. You are so stupid."

Zak sighed. Everything he did...wasted, because she wanted to pretend she could feel any real emotion. However, she wouldn't go away. Instead, she set right next to him. "What's your name?" she asked.

He considered not replying, but instead simply replied, "Zak."

"Well, you're a nice man, Zak."

--.~Present~.--

Zak continued to answer her questions.

Bia
03-16-2010, 06:25 PM
((That's not a problem at all, I think it's cool!))

Natalia finished eating, after a extrememly embarrasing moment with a the straw, which ended up with both of them being covered with soda. Natalia for her part apologized profously and used her newly discovered napkins to help clean it up.

Natalia spotted the African-American man from earlier walking over there and started blushing out of embarrasement of her soda incident, but since she didn't know what blushing was, her face getting all hot surprised her and she felt her cheeks in wonderment, "What's happening?!" she asked, a hint of fear in her voice, "Am I getting sick?" By this time the man had walked up to them and he said "Well, I see someone has discovered a straw, nice going" this comment made Natalia get even more embarrased which made her blush even more, which made her even more fearful

Agnores
03-17-2010, 03:44 AM
"Calm down, you aren't sick."

Zak turned and looked at the African-American man. "I am sure you didn't pick me up from the side of a road to get me to babysit some girl. What's your plan?"

The African-American man smiled. "You are going to satisfy two objectives for us: Collect souls that the Darkness has stolen, and find her soul," he said, pointing at Natalia. Zak glanced at her, then closed his eyes, imagining Natalee.

"Why should I care about her soul? Or anyone else's?" The man sat down across from them and smiled. "Because you are the only one who can get any soul back. None of us, us being the Organization, can do it Screamo."

Bia
03-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Natalia lowered her hands from her face, half of her relived that she wasn't sick, the other half even more embarrassed that she thought she was sick. She shook her head and told herself just to forget it and tuned back into Zak's and the mans conversation.

You are going to satisfy two objectives for us: Collect souls that the Darkness has stolen, and find her soul,

There was a lot of big words in there that Natalia didn't understand, but for some reason she thought that this wasn't the best time to ask these questions so she just filed them away for later use.

Why should I care about her soul? Or anyone else's?

Well then! Natalia felt offended but again, didn't say anything.

Because you are the only one who can get any soul back. None of us, us being the Organization, can do it Screamo.

Natalia didn't know what to say to this...so this man...this Zak, that she had been bombarding with questions was the only person who could save any of them? Natalia had already accepted the fact that she was a soulless person, in her mind it was just a way of life, she couldn't help it so why worry? But if Zak was the only person who could help...what if he chose not too?

Agnores
03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
"Why is that? Are you soulless as well?"

The African-American man smiled, and nodded. "There are a lot of people with souls here, there are only 13 of us, including Natalia here, who are soulless. You are the only one who can get us our souls back."

Zak shook his head. "What if I don't do it, or can't?" The man continued to smile. "Soulless people can only exist in the world until their soul is fully devoured by the Darkness. Meaning our existances are limited, and we don't want to die." Zak looked at Natalia. Could Natalee's soul be lost already?

"Why am I the only one who can do it?"

Bia
03-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Natalia was taken aback, this guy was soulless too, then he must understand how she feels, why was he so rude to her? Natalia looked at Zak and back to the man, then back to Zak.

Why am I the only one who can do it?

Natalia didn't have an answer to this...but for some reason, she wanted Zak to be the one to do it.

Agnores
03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
"Because you, unlike me or her, have a soul, Screamo. Souls are attracted to each other like moths to a light, you kill a Darkness creature, and the soul or souls it contains would flock to you. And every soul you don't need to save Natalee or one of us...goes to our weapon against the Darkness."

Zak looked around. "Weapon against the Darkness? Something that will destroy whatever it is the Darkness is?" The man nodded. "It's a cannon more or less, and it runs off the vengeance of souls the Darkness has captured. Acquire souls, give them to us, and we use them to power the cannon...then we blow the Darkness up." The man seemed certain that it would work.

"But what are the Darkness," Zak asked. The man sighed. "To be honest, we don't know. They are whatever they need to be, wherever they need to be. Some think it has to do with the darkness within whatever souls they have the decide what shape they take. Beyond that and how you are going to kill them, we don't know. Now, if oyu are done, would you and the girl like to come see how it is you'll collect souls?"

Bia
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Natalia didn't understand a lot of what the man said, but she got the basic idea. And she was kind of freaked that she had an expiration date. She hopped up from the table, then realized her clothes were still soaked, "What about us being wet?" she asked, not knowing if they would just have to live with it or not, but she for one was getting cold, and sticky...

Agnores
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
"I guess you are right. Screamo, you remember where your room is if you need it. I'll make sure she remembers."

The man stood up, and smiled lightly at Natalia, motioning for her to follow. Zak stayed seated, and watched them leave. He then decided he would follow them, not quite trusting the man.

((Sorry this is so short, but I wanted you to be able to do something with the story yourself. Have fun!!!))

Bia
03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Natalia followed the man, checking over her shoulder every so often to see Zak was following them, just going to his room Natalia corrected herself and continued walking until she was in front of the room she was in previously.

"Okay, here's the closet, I'll leave you to get dressed."

Natalia watched the man close the door and after a moment, opened the closet door cautiously. There was tons of shirts and jeans and shoes and a few things Natalia didn't recognize, they looked like really long shirts, without a hole for your arms, that were made of some really smooth and pretty material. She made a mental note to ask Zak what those were later and looked at the things that were familiar to her. After a moment of consideration, she picked out a green t-shirt with some strange squiggles on it that looked cool to Natalia, jeans that looked just like her old ones, except these ones had swirly designs on the butt pockets, and some green shoes that had squiggles similar to her shirt squiggles on them.

After getting dressed she walked out of her room, looking around for someone she recognized. After a moment, the African-American man came back and said,

"Ahh, I see you're dressed, 'Kiss me I'm Irish?'" he asked looking at her shirt. Natalia was confused and looked down at her shirt, all she saw was a green clover with pretty squiggles on it, she gave a questioning look to the man but he didn't say anything more as Zak was approaching them down the hallway. Natalia smiled and waved at him before rushing into her room and returning with a long, fancy black and white silk dress "What is this Zak? It looks like a shirt but I'm not sure..."

Agnores
03-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Zak sighed. He should have known Natalia would not have kept his presence quiet, and now he would have to endure a bunch of embarrassing questions about why he followed them. He was questioned until Natalia reappeared.

What is this Zak? It looks like a shirt but I'm not sure...

"It's a dress, Nat." He wasn't sure if she would recognize exactly what Nat meant, but that's would be alright. It almost sort of brought Natalee back to life.

Bia
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
It's a dress, Nat

Nat...why'd he call me Nat, I thought my name was Nat-alia. Maybe he just forgot, or maybe it's a game! She decided it was a game and smiled before saying "Oh okay Za" she waltzed back into the room, and hung the dress back up before returning.

"Okay, now lets go see the soul-collecter" the man said and started leading them down the hall.

Agnores
03-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Zak sighed. It was going to be hard, being with Natalia. She really didn't know anything. Oh, well. He'd already promised to teach her.

The man led on. "Hey," Zak called. "What's your name?" The man didn't look back, but replied, "Rathas."

Rathas led them down a twisted path of corridors and through various rooms. They finally came to a stop when Rathas led them in front of a big window. The window looked down about what looked ot be a huge arena, with the biggest creature Zak had ever seen. It was pitch black just like the creatures that took Natalee, but this one was huge and in the shape of a scorpion. Zak's fist clenched. Why was this here? What were they doing with it?

"Natalia, get back from the window. It's dangerous for you, if the Darkness creature down there can sense you. You don't want to die, do you?" Rathas smirked from behind Zak.

Bia
03-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Natalia followed after Zak, Rathas that was an interesting name

When they got to the window, Natalia gasped and said "Ooo what's that?" but when no one replied, she just looked at it until Rathas told her to get back. She backed up slowly, and leaned against the wall on the opposite side, well, this was boring.

Agnores
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Zak stared at the creature, wondering how many souls it had claimed. He wondered how he was the one who was supposed to kill these things to retrieve any souls they took. Zak just couldn't believe he could do anything of the sort.

Zak heard a soft click, as the window in front of him quickly raised into the ceiling. "Huh?" Zak took a few steps back, but was met with the force of Rathas ramming into Zak, sending him careening over the edge of the window and into the room. Zak quickly grabbed on to the edge of the window, screaming, "What the hell!" He began to try to pull himself up when he felt something twist around his leg.

Looking down, the creature had stretched it's tail out and wrapped it around Zak's leg. You belong to us... With a yank the creature ripped him away from the window, dangling him high above the creature.

Zak heard the click as the window shut.

Bia
03-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Natalia gasped and ran up to the window, watching helplessly as Zak was dangled above the huge black creature. Natalia looked at Rathas "What do we do?! We have to help him!" She banged on the glass and the creature seemed to look at her. Suddenly, Natalia was afraid, she got a look of deep fear on her face and stood stock still, eyes locked with the creature.

((sorry for the short post, I didn't know where you wanted to take this so I thought I'd just keep it vague...))

Agnores
03-18-2010, 10:56 PM
((Tis okay))

Zak could hear it's damnable voice, swimming in his head, remind him of the Darkness' most recent victory...Natalee's soul. It was pissing him off, how it taunted him. How helpless he was. How much he wanted to hurt Rathas for pushing him into this. He wanted to kill this creature. He wanted to kill Rathas. Most of all, he just wanted to kill.

Yes...

Zak's vision swam as he let out a roar. He felt a dark warmth moving through his body. His vision was fading...he couldn't see....

It became dark.

Bia
03-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Natalia felt the creatures gaze leaving her and focusing on Zak once again, she slumped forward gratefully, but then went back to her horror as she saw it reach up with the other hand to grab Zak's upper body. Then, he suddenly lashed out and grabbed hold of the arm himself, sliding down the arm until he was on it's head. The creature grabbed at him but he dodged it and crawled over to it's underside. Natalia watched helplessly as the creature flailed around for a few moments, not know what Zak was doing or what could possibly be going on down there. Oh she hoped Zak was okay. Suddenly Zak reappeared, at the creature's tail, climbing to it's sharp point, he seemed to grab onto it and ride it almost as the tail swung wildly, eventually it swung so hard that it stabbed itself, and whatever poison or whatever was in it must have stunned it, because the creature stopped flailing and just lay still. Zak got up and walked out a side door, only to appear next to them a few minutes later. Natalia just gazed at him open-mouthed at a loss of what words to use with her small vocabulary.

Agnores
03-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Kill...

The creature dissolved before Zak, revealing three smokey white spheres. You're treasures... Zak stood up straight, his body tight and rigid. He had finally regained consciousness, but everything seemed different...he felt angry, felt tired, and most of all, felt hungry.

He held out his right arm, which was now covered in what looked like black tribal tattoos, marks that swirled up and down his arm. The three spheres floated loftily into his arm, one by one, and disappeared in a puff of smoke. As each one did, a swift image of a person appeared in his mind. These must be the original owners of the soul. None of them were Natalee. It didn't matter.

Zak's mind immediately went back to Rathas. He was one of those damn Soulless. He would be so...fun...to squash. Zak turned to a side door that opened as he approached it. It took him no time at all to find his way to Rathas, using his new ability to sense Soulless to his advantage. Zak smirked as he traveled. He didn't know what had happened during that fight, but he liked it. So many new cool toys.

It was when he finally got back up to Rathas and Natalia that Zak got to experience the strength of his new abilities. Before anyone could say anything, he had Rathas by the throat, and began to repeatedly slam him against the window, ever so slightly cracking it.

Yes...Feed on the souls...Kill the Soulless....

Bia
03-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Natalia gasped and stumbled back. This new Zak was so...different. With weird black markings all over his arm. But most of all, something about his face...he used to look nice and friendly, now he looked...bad. Natalia wished she had more words to describe what he looked like..but she didn't get the chance, and maybe she never would with this bad Zak.

He started attacking Rathas. Natalia didn't think, besides even if she would've she wouldn't have known what she was doing either, she ran right up to them and started pulling on Zak's shirt, pushing him with her hip, anything she could think of (which wasn't a lot). The whole time water was falling out of her eyes, making it harder for Natalia to see, which didn't help her at all, but Natalia didn't have time to wonder what was happening. "Zak!" she cried "What happened?" she pulled helplessly at him, knowing Rathas didn't have much time.

Agnores
03-19-2010, 11:00 PM
"Get away from me, you stupid girl!"

Effortlessly, Zak swung his arm that was holding Rathas backwards, catching Natalia with it and sending Rathas flying down the hall. "I'm tired of your stupid questions! Learn on your own!" The marks seemed to move up and down Zak's arm.

...kill the Soulless...find souls...feed...

Zak rushed at Natalia, who was closest, grabbing her and lifting her up by the throat with the newly tattooed arm. "You know what? I think I still have one more lesson for you. Tell me what you are feeling." Zak's grip tightened around her neck.

Bia
03-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Natalia screamed and tried to run, but Zak grabbed her by the neck and brought her up, making it hard for her to breathe, and Natalia discovered that it was quite uncomfortable and hurt a lot.

I'm tired of your stupid questions! Learn on your own!

This shocked Natalia and made more water pour out of her eyes.

You know what? I think I still have one more lesson for you. Tell me what you are feeling.

Natalia struggled to breathe while she tried to think, "I don't know!" she admitted in between breaths "But I'm thinking *gasp* that I was wrong *gasp* You are not a nice man Zak!" She sobbed and her struggling became lesser as she slowly suffocated.

Agnores
03-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Not a nice person? Thoughts of Natalee came flooding back to his mind, and he grip on Natalia lessened. It was like a dark cloud had been lifted off of his mind....He noticed for the first time Natalia was crying, or rather, he finally cared.

She fell to the ground as he let go, Zak taking a few steps backward. "What?" Zak shook his head. He was fully aware of everything he did. Granted, he didn't care if Rathas was hurt or not, but he had hurt Natalia, and it felt to him like he had hurt Natalee. Why did he do it? Why was he okay with doing it? What had happened. Zak decided that it was time to bail, especially before an angry Rathas reappeared.

So, Zak ran. Where, he didn't know. Zak noticed he ran a tad bit faster then he remembered. He wondered for the first time why his arm was tattooed.

For the first time since getting grabbed by the creature, Zak suddenly wondered what exactly had happened to him, and why he hadn't thought of it before.

Bia
03-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Zak finally let go and Natalia crumpled on the ground, pulling herself into a fetal position, she just lay there for a few moments, trying to pull herself together.

After a moment she realized she wasn't exactly hurt, just....she still didn't know what kind of emotion she was feeling. She pulled herself up, and realized Zak had run away, and Rathas was laying on the ground a few feet away. She crawled over to him and said "Are you okay?" she touched his forehead, trying to get him to respond.

Agnores
03-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Rathas set up after a few minutes and shook his head. "That was ubelievable!" He looked around, then set his eyes on Natalia. "You must go find him, you are the only one who can stop him, especially if he is stable now!"

Zak had found his room. How convenient. He shut his door, sighed, then turned around. He held out his right arm, which was still covered in the dark tattooes. "What is this?" Zak didn't know who he was talking to, but saying it aloud seemed to clear his mind. He couldn't come up with an answer, but maybe voicing it would help him think.

It is the Darkness...your Darkness...

Zak slid down the door, resting his head on his knees. His Darkness? He wasn't sure who the voice was, or belonged to, but it sounded a lot like the whispers from the creatures who took Natalee. He remembered they had mentioned something about the Darkness, and how he had to be born again or something like this.

Maybe this was him being born again? But...who was to say he wouldn't hurt Natalee once he rescued her? Or Natalia, who looked very much like Natalee? Zak didn't want that...He smirked at the thought of not caring about Rathas.

Zak got up and fell onto his bed. It was very comfortable, so Zak decided that sleep would help solve everything...

Bia
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Natalia's lower lip wobbled and she said "But, he doesn't like me, he tried to hurt me." Rathas just stared at her stonily and Natalia got up, suddenly defiant "Fine! But don't expect me to be nice to him!" She stomped off in the direction Zak went, peeking around corners warily, she didn't want a repeat of what happened before. Maybe she should get something for protection...she grabbed the first thing she saw, a spatula in the dirty dishes by the cafe. Holding it like one would a club she headed towards Zak's room.

When she got there she hesitantly rapped on the door with her spatula "Zak! Are you there! I'm here to talk to you, and I warn you, I got a spatula!"

Agnores
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Zak snickered.

Nevertheless, he was fully aware of what he had done to her. Everything he had done had been of pure, genuine emotion...but Zak knew it shouldn't have been. He loved Natalia's questions, so why did he spaz out on her? Zak got out of his bed very slowly, sitting up and staring at the door.

Curiousity overtook him, so he held out his right hand towards the door, and simply thought, Open. He felt the warmth build within him, and then it disperse as the door swung open, revealing Natalia.

"Hey."

Bia
03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Natalia could hear him getting up and tensed up, she might have put on a brave act, but she was still....whatevered...to death. He swung open the door and Natalia jumped back as if she'd been shocked, but when she realized he wasn't doing anything she breathed a sigh of relief and said "You need to stop!" she hadn't really planned what she was going to say, so she just decided to get right to the point.

Agnores
03-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Zak laughed at Natalia when she jumped back.

"Stop what, exactly? I don't know what happened back there." There was an irritation building up within Zak, and he wasn't sure why. He wanted it to go away, but did not know how to make it do so...

((Sorry this is so short.))

Bia
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Natalia was shaken up at his suddenly being mean to her and anger rushed through her, words she barely even knew came to her easily as she said " You know exactly what you did! You grabbed Rathas and threw him to the ground, and came back and attacked me. What is your problem?! Don't act like you don't know you mean man!" Natalia said, since she didn't know any cuss words

Agnores
03-29-2010, 05:47 PM
"Listen, Natalee, I don't know what that was! I just..."

His voice trailed. She had sounded exactly like Natalee, the way she used to get on to him. Even the lack of cussing was apparent. It made him miss her all that much more. "I'm sorry." He said. He never once raised his head to look at her.

His irritation was gone, and he was glad. What was going on with him? Natalee would know. She knew everything. Where was she? Zak looked up, at the frightened and angry Natalia. She looked very similar to Natalee...she even acted kind of like her. The similarities were too coincidental...

Maybe she was the soulless version of Natalee. Maybe. "I'm sorry." Zak repeated.

Bia
03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Listen, Natalee, I don't know what that was! I just..

Natalee? Natalia looked at him confused, but eventually just figured it was back on that game they were playing earlier, except instead of shortening the name you added "a-lee". But still Natalia couldn't believe he would be trying to play games at a time like this..but then again, maybe that was how things were done, Natalia had no evidence that people didn't make jokes at random times.

She lowered the spatula, surprised at the ache in her arm from holding it up so long and said, the anger drained out of her "It's okay Zakalee, but you need to stop hurting people"

Agnores
03-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Zak shook his head and laid back town on his bed, his back facing Natalia.

Once again, she had sparked a memory. After the day he initially met Natalee, they had become fast friends. However, Zak didn't want to just get beat down and not prove he was worth something. Over the next few weeks, Zak got in so many fights and spent so much time in the principals office, or dealing with the cops, that he was eventually told to just stay home. Zak had never expected it, but Natalee had come to his house, wondering where he was.

"What do you want, Natalee?"

"I don't know, Zakalee, but you need to stop hurting people."

Why did she keep doing this to him? It was his fault Natalee was gone. He shouldn't have taken her out. He should have let her just hate him for missing her birthday. That way she would have still been around. God, what a mess up he was. How right his dad was.

Zak wasn't sure if he'd ever get up from this bed.

Bia
03-30-2010, 11:22 PM
He didn't say anything so Natalia wondered if she did something wrong. She slowly approached him and poked him with the spatula "Soo, are you going to stop?" she said awkwardly, she didn't have much experience with talking to people.

Agnores
03-31-2010, 05:08 AM
Soo, are you going to stop?

The same day, that same memory. It was Natalee's voice who said it, not Natalia. Even the poke in the back was part of the memory; Zak was lost in a world that was no longer real. But Natalee was here...and he wouldn't let her go. He would continue witht he memory.

"Yeah, sure." He replied, never turning back to Natalia. "Now if you're done here, go away, Natalee. Got stuff to do." He even heard his dad's scream in the background, yelling about not air conditioning the outside. Mentally, he shut the door on her.

Bia
03-31-2010, 08:52 PM
"Hmmph, whatever Zakalee" she said, still peeved at him for being so weird and not providing any explanation. She stomped out of the room and shut the door. Unsure of where to go next she decided to head over to see how Rathas was doing.

"So...he told me he would stop..." she said.

Agnores
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Rathas simply smiled. "Good. Go to your room."

A few hours later, Zak woke up. It was dark in his room, he didn't know what time it was. He sat up, and stretched. He had decided a few hours ago that he would apologize to Natalia. He must have fallen asleep between that decision and now.

Zak stood, and stretched some more. He would need to remember where her room was compared to his. He guessed he would just head to the mess hall, then go from there. That might help him find it. Zak sighed, then began his trek through the empty building.

Bia
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Natalia stood there for a second, then shrugged and headed off, finding the room with little difficulty. She sat on the bed, gazing at the mirror, then the window, then the mirror then the window. Over and over till she settled on watching a bird flit around the tree. Natalia didn't know what sleep was, and so therefore didn't know that when her eyes grew heavy or her head felt drowsy that that meant she was tired. So instead of sleeping she just stared out the window, at that robin, flying back and forth, sometimes disappearing, but always coming back...

Agnores
04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Zak stood outside of her door, conflicted. Should he knock? Or should he go to bed? It was late, he had realized that walking through the halls. But maybe...

He knocked. "Natalia? You awake?"

((Sorry about the shortness.))

Bia
04-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Natalia was startled out of her daze with a knock to the door and a "Natalia? You awake?"

"What's awake?" she inquired, forgetting for the moment that she was mad at him and she climbed up to open the door. She opened it and saw Zak there, with his new found arm tattoo's and remembered she was supposed to be mad at him "Unless you don't want to tell me cause I'm annoying!" she said sharply.

Agnores
04-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Zak explained what awake, asleep, tired, and all of that stuff was.

At the end of it, Zak had forgotten why he had came. Was he mad at her? That didn't make sense. Was she mad at him? Probably much more likely, but he still couldn't remember.

"How was your night? You look tired."

It was really all he could say. There was something inside him that was growing more irritated by the second, but he ignored it. Why should he be irritated? There was nothing wrong. Or maybe there was. Who knew?

Zak wondered when he lost control of his own mind.

Bia
04-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Despite Natalia's anger she couldn't help but be fascinated by this asleep-awake subject. So...when you were tired (which Natalia guessed she was now) you lay down, close your eyes and fall into a blackness, where time passes really quickly, and then when you are not tired, you open your eyes and wake up. Weird.

She was disrupted from her thoughts by Zaks question, "Oh, Well, probably, I didn't sleep, I just watched the bird go back and forth"

Agnores
04-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Zak forced himself to laugh.

"Go to sleep, Natalia. It's a necessary part of life." Zak smiled, despite the irritation, which Zak could no longer tell if it was his or not. It didn't matter. "Sleep well, I'll see ya." Zak turned around and left. His irritation was growing fast, and he was unsure as to why.

Why does the Soulless live?
She's my friend.
Kill her.
She's my friend.
She's Soulless!
She's my friend.
She'll kill you once she finds out who you are.
Not if I get her first.
....Good.
It won't ever come to that.

Zak was in his room now, and he thought he understood. The Darkness within him hated the Soulless he was surrounded by...so, it would be a conflict of interests whether or not he could stay with Natalia.

Bia
04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Natalia nodded and lay down, as Zak had told her. She was surprised how good the pillow felt on her tired head and instinct took over as she closed her eyes and fell asleep...

In her dream Natalia was running, outside, on some hard black substance she had never seen before that was surrounded by green blades coming up from the ground. She glanced over her shoulder and saw Zak lying on the ground, terrified, he looked different, his arm tattoo was gone and he looked like he did before. Next thing Natalia knows she has all the air knocked out of her and she is freezing and burning over and over. Then it all goes black.

Natalia woke up sweating and breathing hard. She didn't remember the dream, but she knew it was horrible, besides she was more interested in this sticky wet stuff on her neck and why she couldn't seem to breath normally. After a few minutes she sighed and lay back down, she was still tired...maybe just a few minutes...then she'd seek out Zak to ask him. She closed her eyes and fell back into a dreamless sleep.

Agnores
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Zak couldn't get to sleep all night. The funny thing was, he wasn't tired. So he just sat on the edge of his bed and thought.

He thought about Natalee, he thought about Natalia, and he thought about what Rathas and any of his companions wanted with him. He thought about the tattoo, he thought about the Darkness, he thought about the Soulless, he thought about what he wanted to do, he thought about what he didn't want to do, and he thought about how it was all going to be done.

By morning, Zak had thought out a lot. He waited until he was sure the mess hall would be open, then he went to breakfast. He decided he would wait for Natalia to come to him, to see if he could help restrain the constant irritation he had around her. Instead, he was met by Rathas outside of the mess hall.

"You and Natalia are going on a hunting mission today. He is the report." He shoved a manilla folder into Zak's hands and walked off. Zak remained silent, and carried on with breakfast. It wasn't until he finished eating that he even thought about the folder.

Bia
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Natalia woke up to the sound of the same bird she had been walking chirping in her window. She smiled at the bird happily and stretched, surprised at how good it felt. She stood up and thought about what happened next, she remembered that last time she had one of these asleep times, the first thing she did was go to the cafeteria. So she pulled herself up and headed over there.

She saw Zak was already sitting at one of the tables, eating something off a plate. She turned to the chef and he supplied her with a breakfast, used to having new Soulless's not knowing what they like. She took it and cheerily headed over to sit by Zak "What's that?" she asked, pointing to the yellow thing by his tray.

Agnores
04-08-2010, 05:38 AM
"Our job. Apparently, we have to go out and do things together."

Zak took another bite of his food, then opened the folder. He intently focused on the folder, not saying or doing anything else for a few minutes.

"Says we are to head to my hometown. My job is to kill any Darkness we encounter, and absorb the souls they hold for future instruction. I am also to escort you, to see if we can't restore any of your 'Soul Memory'. Tacky name."

Zak looked up at Natalia. "Basically, I've got to kill stuff, and you've got to remember stuff. Any questions?" Zak smiled, but couldn't help but feel that gradual irritation build within him again.

Bia
04-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Natalia sat there looking confused, but got what he meant when he gave her the explanation. "Soo, we're going to be together a lot?" she said tentatively, she was still mad at him for attacking everyone without explanation yesterday she was also a little afraid to be alone with him after what happened.

"And what do I need to remember? My old soul life?"

Agnores
04-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Zak noticed the tentativeness in her voice, and it stung. She sounded too much like Natalee. He shook the irritation away.

"Yeah, I guess. The report says that this is a test-run as much as it is an actual mission. Apparently, this tattoo means I am half-Darkness. Basically means I am half your mortal enemy. They want to see if I am effective in combat, and soul-bringing. And they want you to have your soul back, for some reason."

Bia
04-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Natalia picked at her food, there was a lot of words she didn't understand in that sentence. Mortal..enemy...effective...combat...reason. She noticed the irritation in his words however and kept these thoughts to herself, After all, she didn't know when he was going to crack again.

She finished her breakfast slowly, especially liking the sticky clear-ish brown stuff that Zak informed her was syrup and not liking the reddish powdery stuff that Zak informed her was cinnamon.

Agnores
04-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Zak looked at Natalia. "You aren't asking many questions today. Something wrong?"

He noticed he sounded irritated, but he didn't know why or how to fix it. So he left it, figuring it would fix itself eventually.

((Sorry the post is so short.))

Bia
04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Natalia shook her head, her mouth being full of pancake so she couldn't answer. She quickly swallowed and responded, "No, just thinking"

She went back to her food, and after about 5 minutes, once Zak had went back to his food and looked like he forgot all about it Natalia piped up

"But I was wondering...Whats a mortal enemy? What does effective in combat mean? And what's a reason? And what's with the tattoo's? And why does this syrup stick to my clothes and won't come off with a napkin!?"

She asked all this at a rather quick pace, worrying if she went at a normal pace he would somehow crack again.

Agnores
04-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Zak laughed. Then, he explained everything. At the end, he added, "Don't talk so fast next time. Had a hard time remembering your questions."

He got up from the table, and glanced around. "We need to get going, and soon, Nat. Eat quickly, then go change clothes. Those are pretty much ruined."