PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy fight vs. my first main character

ImportantNobody
06-13-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd like this to be a serious fight (so no simple training exercises. It could be practice for us, but not for our characters). My character has a wide variety of spells, although I won't post them all here in the OOC. For this battle, when we attack we should explain stuff that can reasonably be determined about the spell by the other person. For example, if I shoot a fire ball I would have to say how big it is, how fast it's going, and what not. If there's some special effect to the attack, it would have to be reasonable. For example, I can't shoot out a fire ball, and then in my next post say it turns into a gargantuan bear that rips your heart out.

For information about my character, in the story he comes from magic is made possible due to a substance called arra. This system of magic can be compatible with all characters who use up energy when casting magical spells. Arra isn't exactly similar in the book, having some differences, but for the sake of this arena I can have it like the energy your character uses and it won't harm anything.

Anyone up for a fight?

Name-Alden
Age-16
Gender-Male
Race-Human
Height- 5'4'' (162.56 cm)
Weight-124 Pounds (56.25 kg)
Appearance- Alden has brown hair that is slightly spiky, although the spikes aren't small or pointed but are instead made up of large groupings of hair that are arranged somewhat haphazardly. This arrangement stays up like this normally, so it's really hard for him to keep his hair down. His hair, when pulled down, can reach about halfway down his neck. His features are soft, giving him a more cure then handsome appearance until he gets older. His eyes are a vibrant blue in color. His natural skin tone is somewhat pale, so even though he is outside all the time he doesn't have much of a tan. His muscles are visible but not bulging by any means. There's a mark on his forehead that looks like a tattoo, although this mark is often times invisible to the naked eye.
Personality-Alden's naive and a real goody-goody, almost to a fault. He wants to protect those who are important to him, which includes anyone who needs his help, and he's willing to risk his own life in the process. He prefers negotiation over combat if at all possible. His personality is the stereotypical hero, which people often point out but Alden tries to deny. Alden enjoys playing and goofing off, although he does know when it's time to be serious.
Arra-His natural arra type is B, which is blue in color and is good at "cool" magic such as water while bad at "warm" magic such as fire. However, the mark on his forehead called the Radiant Seal can unleash Type 0 Arra, pure white colored arra which is capable of weaving any spell in existence given enough energy and equally good at any type. Alden has a very high amount of arra cells in his body.
Clothing/Armor/Weapons/Equipment-This depends on the circumstance. Alden almost always travels light. He rarely wears armor, instead preferring brown or tan colored clothing that is made for work rather then being fancy looking. His clothes are usually loose fitting, slightly tattered and worn, and are meant for warmer environments. For combat he has an sword that is small and narrow for a two handed sword, although it's possible to wield with two hands if Alden needs the extra power.

Physical Traits/Abilities

-Due to the large amount of arra cells creating arra, a tiring process, Alden has a very high metabolism that allows him to eat large amounts of food without gaining weight. Having a good night rest is also key if his body is to keep up with the extra demand.
-Alden has much greater endurance and resilience then normal humans, allowing him to maintain high levels of physical activity and take quite a beating without getting overly worn down. Alden usually keeps a lot of his arra in reserve specifically to help fuel his body so it can continue to keep up.
-Alden's strength depends on how much of the arra in his body is being used and how fast his body burns the arra, which is what augments his natural strength. With an average amount of arra being burned at an average rate he can be strong enough to punch through a brick wall. Burning the arra so fast that it gains explosive force, he can do a tremendous amount of damage, but the faster he burns the arra the more he damages his own cells in the surrounding area.
-Alden's speed can be augmented in a similar manner as his strength.
-Alden's reaction times can be improved based on concentration and by using arra in all relevant structures such as nerves, although his irises becoming larger and glowing slightly is the only noticeable change. Alden can make time appear to move about 50% slower at best.

Fighting Style- Alden's fighting style is based on a moderate amount of speed and power in his movements, not excelling or failing at either. Alden, despite having a wide variety of spells at his command, still relies a lot on his sword, hand-to-hand combat, and to a lesser extent his bow and arrow. A lot of his spells are improvised versions of the official versions, making his spells unique. Before learning the ways of magic he was already a pretty decent sword fighter and archer for someone his age, so this habit his stuck with him. He prefers close range combat.

Magical Abilities

These are abilities simply by using his type B arra in it's natural form, a pure form of energy without forming it into an actual spell. No incantations are needed for this kind of magic and anyone can do it, given enough arra.

Arra Sense-He can sense arra, and this sense can extend in all directions for roughly 200 feet depending on his concentration, although going into a deep meditation can increase his range to extreme levels (more then 10 times the following estimate). People within his range can still remain invisible to this sense if they're good at concealing their arra. If he's occupied with something then his arra sense might drop down as low as a couple feet. He's not perfectly accurate with this sense, although he's good enough.

Internal Barrier-The arra situated within his skin naturally forms a barrier that deflects any attacks (up to a point) that are coming into him while still allowing his own arra to flow outward. The arra barrier is damaged with any attack, breaking down more or less depending on the strength of the attack. The damage to the arra barrier is usually contained to the area that was attacked and it repairs itself over time, but if the barrier is shattered then that part of the body doesn't completely recover the barrier for at least a couple of hours. Due to the barrier only being on skin, he's still just as vulnerable as the average human to anything that doesn't have to go through skin, such as inhaled/digested poison. The barrier absorbs most of the force from blunt attacks, but internal damage can still be done even if the internal barrier is still around. The internal barrier isn't rigid, so things like strangulation wouldn't be inhibited by the barrier at all. One final thing to note is that the barrier is thickest where the skin is thickest, so the internal barrier on the soles of his feet is much stronger then the internal barrier on his eyelids. One advantage to this is he doesn't have to worry about stepping on pointy rocks. Yay!

External Barrier-He can form a thin layer of arra over his skin, acting as extra protection. This barrier is much more rigid then the one naturally formed under his skin, so he can't form it over certain parts of his body without severely restricting his movements. Also, using this barrier uses up arra because once it leaves his body, when he releases the barrier the arra flows away.

Calming-He can calm humans and animals down by placing a hand on their forehead as long as his own mind is peaceful. The effects vary depending on the individual and their current state of mind. Humans are much more stubborn to falling for this technique.

Emotion Sensing-Alden can sense the emotions of those around him. This can be thwarted if someone is a really good actor and thinks happy thoughts even if they are angry or have killing intent. If the emotion is really strong, however, nobody would be able to cover it up no matter how much they try and convince themselves otherwise.

Arra Pulse-He can build up some arra in his hands or feet and then unleash it into his opponent as he makes contact, causing it to surge through his opponent; usually not powerful enough to be lethal and it can easily be blocked by a barrier. The arra pulse cannot be seen by the naked eye, although on the downside he's only good enough at this technique to make it work by having his skin physically touch his opponents skin.

Arra Surge-Like Arra Pulse, but it becomes visible as it forms around his hand or foot. The energy can be released like a projectile but it breaks apart after roughly three feet, making it best suited for close range combat. It's more powerful then the Arra Pulse over all.

Arra Burst-The last stage of this technique; it's the most visible of the three and is meant for longer range attacks, being able to travel around 21 feet before breaking apart. When it does break apart it does so violently, so using it at close range is not advised.

Arra Mine-He can place an unstable mass of arra somewhere, which will explode after around five seconds to a minute depending on how unstable he made it, or it will explode if an outside source disrupts it by bumping into it. The force of the explosion depends on how much arra is put into the mine.

Deflect-He holds out his hands and a wall of arra shaped like a shield forms in front of him, able to deflect most average/weak magical attacks but does a poor job at stopping physical attacks. He can make the shield any size he wants if he's willing to put more arra into it. Within a second he can form them three feet in diameter.

Spells

Most of the spells need to be vocally announced for them to work for him, as he's not experienced yet for the magic to come intuitively for him. These spells aren't made simply of arra, but the arra is transformed into the desired spell. Alden's unique trait is that he can use any spell humanly possible due to his Radiant Seal, given that he practices it enough and supplies the proper amount of energy. Due to his young age, however, he isn't able to take full advantage of all of this at the moment.

Most of his spells are simple, obvious, and in-you-face in nature rather then ones that involve deception. However, he's very creative in his uses of the spells, taking his opponents off guard by what they believe to be a weak and easy spell to counter. Due to only learning magic very recently and at a fast pace, a lot of his spells have some improvising done to them, adding in a variation and uniqueness rather then being the commonly used version of the spell. While this doesn't change the simplicity of the spells, in fact making it more simple in some cases, it also has it's advantages.

(Note #1: Most of the spell names mentioned are going to be two word descriptions of what it literally does. I'll come up with cooler names later)

(Note #2: Rather then type out all of his spells here, they'll be explained as they appear in battle)

crazydawg444
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
i will battle you. i have not really battled anyone yet but i know how it works. i have three different fantasy characters, i will let you pick.
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29986

ImportantNobody
06-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I'll choose Slenena.

crazydawg444
06-16-2012, 09:37 PM
why does everyone choose selena? doesnt matter. ok im ready when you are.

ImportantNobody
06-16-2012, 10:39 PM
why does everyone choose selena?

She appeares to be the least goody-goody type for fighting. With Alden and Swordin's personalities going together, a battle would probably be them pulling their punches and apologizing to each other if things got too dangerous.

crazydawg444
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Ha ha! that is hilarious, though did i really make swordin sound that much like a pansy. Anyway it does not matter, i made each character ready to use, so whichever one it is im good with.

ImportantNobody
06-17-2012, 12:03 AM
What should the plot be? It should involve a serious conflict.

crazydawg444
06-17-2012, 01:04 AM
truthfuly i dont care, a battle between countries, an assassination job. Selena is an assassin, so there are a lot of possibilities in that category

ImportantNobody
06-17-2012, 03:42 AM
I'll go with assassination. The IC will be out tomorrow (hopefully).

crazydawg444
06-17-2012, 04:00 AM
cool!

ImportantNobody
06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Here it is:

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31316&p=987065#post987065

Cfavano
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I'll fight you. http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32258 here's my guy

ImportantNobody
07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm busy with something else at the moment.