PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft: Curse of Adelos (IC)

SammyGirl
03-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Note: Please view the ooc thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3107) for the back story and to register.

Stepping into the mouth of the cavern from outside, Nihidaal ducked out of the fierce razor winds that lashed the surface with violent sand storms. The mournful cries of the storm howled with a low echo deep into the heart of the cave. The Dark Templar ignored the haunting voice, and moved further in.

The faint sound of water dripping into hidden pools chimed with an almost musical tune across the protoss warrior's smooth skin, but no sounds aside from these two disturbed the stillness of the cave.

This tunnel, one of many, was dark and rocky. Rocks of a grayish purple and blue--almost the color of her skin--lined the yawning palette, denying the strange beauty that lurked deeper in the caverns. Nihidaal knew better. She had been here many times before. Weaving her way through the passages, she avoided the slippery stones underfoot and the sharp edges that hung down low enough to strike her head. The protoss walked for a great deal longer than anyone else who simply wandered into the cave might tolerate.

The end of the tunnel opened up into a vast, empty chamber. Empty of life, perhaps, but not empty of life's imprint. A thin veil of dust from the constantly crumbling walls glistened in the burning red light of Nihidaal's eyes as she surveyed the dead city that was almost certainly once a Xel'Naga stronghold. If it was not, Nihidaal had no idea what else it might have been.

The buildings all around were made of stone, clearly taken from the surrounding walls. The gray color gave away the origins. However, it seemed that the constant quakes had done a number on this perhaps once thriving city; it was clearly ravaged...torn apart with no promise of life anywhere amongst the dust.

A few old and decaying rock structures circled around a temple in the very center of the chamber. Statues, broken off at the feet, lined the walkway up the temple's steps.

Down here, not a single sound echoed, creating a severe loneliness that gave the feeling of complete and total isolation here in the hollowed out chambers of Adelos' heart.

However, there was no way to see the nonliving presence in the city. Small cameras installed everywhere, watching from every corner of every street. Nihidaal knew they were there, though she could not see them. They belonged to the Terrans, who had found refuge yet deeper in the caves. The protoss female continued her purposeful trek through the narrow walkways between the small buildings, the faint rustle of her clawed feet scratching at the ground and the cloth of her robes breaking the almost suffocating silence.

Lord Tully
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Kashi scrunched a bit smaller as he boarded a dropship with a squad of fully armored marines and firebats. He knew nothing about where they were being sent only that it had something to do with the large numbers of Psionics dying on some colony somewhere. "It's probably some damn thing to do with the Protoss, nothing else is that strong with Psionic powers." One of the marines said quite loudly, "Well we'll find out when we get there won't we?" Kashi, now sitting uncomfortably between two firebats, told the man.
Just then the squad commander stepped onto the shuttle, "Attention!" someone shouted causing all of them to bolt to their feet. As the commander walked towards inbetween the two rows of soldiers he harshly told them what they were doing. "Listen up boys, we've been contacted by Command and ordered to meet up with a fleet heading for Aiur. Once there we are to join with the Protoss forces and get ready for something. Don't ask me why, all the Protoss leaders said was that "something very bad" might be coming and they'd rather not risk it. I don't know what you've heard of the Protoss but all you need to know is that without them we'd all be dead a dozen times over, show them respect. Dismissed!" at that everyone sat back down and secured themselves for launch. "What did I tell you?" The marine from before told Kashi in a matter-of-fact way, "Ahh shut it meat head." he snapped at the marine, thankfully just at that point the ship lifted off and prevented them from talking any more over the engines.

Lacantherope769
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Zalam stood tall and proud as she looked over the merciless sandstorm. From her perch atop a once proud boulder, the Praetor's eyes glowed with a fiery light giving her position an almost eerie blue cast. If one where to have walked up to her, none would have seen her sand covered and battered body, just those deep, raging blue eyes.

Zalam was ordered to watch out for a caravan that was moving towards one of the digging sites. A new shipment of probes and a few more warrior were to be moved in to help with the gathering. But, as she looked over the impenetrable gales of sand and wind, Zalam knew she was never going to spot a caravan from her position. Her paranoia of touching soft ground began to creep over her as she leaped off the boulder, and landed with a small thud.

The Praetor's skin itched as sand began to gather around her armored feet, the small pings and ricocheting sounds of sand bouncing off her armor made the feeling even more upsetting. Memories flooded back to Zalam, memories of young warrior, the Dragoons, and a lone Scarab all being assaulted as the ground caved in beneath her and her group. Of horrible monsters pouring from the earth, of claws, teeth, and blood. Even after all these years, she still could not rid herself of the horrible fear of open ground.

Kneeling down, Zalam pressed her clawed hands deep in to the sands, letting the fine grains wash over her skin. The feeling was like a warm water, which relaxed the jumpy warrior. The memories slowly began to fade into more pleasant images of when she would look out over the sea's of Char, or the beautiful jungles on Aiur. Even a few of the human controlled colonies brought back more peaceful thoughts, especially the time when she was ordered to watch over a small human family. The two little human girls had been fascinated by her, and she them....

The thoughts were shattered as a tremor passed through her hands, the shock wave following soon after. Something had either fallen or erupted far away, and she knew the Terran here lacked anything large enough to disrupt the area with such force. Even their Goliaths were incapable of such an explosion. A bolt of fear passed through Zalam, and a small voice whispered through her mind. though she could not hear much.

Sand buffeted and slowed her steps, but the determination kept Zalam moving. The skies above never seemed to change, only sand and darkness to even her eyes. As she ran, Zalam could her the mental shouting of other Protoss nearby which gave her a direction and a new urge to move faster....

The scene that befell the Praetor made her pause. Warriors and Probes raced about trying to move a massive object obscured by sand and shadows. Their voices were panicked and tired, though hard to understand. Something about getting to the site, and moving some contraption were all she could decipher.

Moving at a light jog, Zalam made her way over to the site and addressed one of the warriors who was pointing and making lifting gestures with his hands. The male looked her over, then pointed to a brighter figure not far away, golden armor and a crimson glare making it stand out even in the storm. A High Templar... and from the runes that graced the armor, and the way he carried himself, Zalam knew this was someone to respect.

SammyGirl
03-11-2010, 07:38 PM
A low tremor rumbled like thunder and gently rattled the cave walls. Nihidaal froze, thinking an earthquake was about to begin. When the roar faded away and the slight shaking ceased all together, she rose up to her full height, scanning the area in confusion. It was unlikely that any terrans further in had caused the disruption, and it was more than confirmed as she felt a distant wave of concern fall over her like the illusory echoes of the wind.

Other protoss were struggling against something. She never once cursed the fact that she had cut herself off from the Khala, even if it did disrupt her ability for this moment to know what was going on. What she did curse was the fact that she was so used to being alone that she had not taken the advice of other dark templar and brought a communication device with her.

Deciding to let the Terran settlement rest in their silence for awhile longer, she abandoned her patrol and began running back the way she had come.

Larumis emerged from the golden confines of a shuttle as the small transport ship braced against the winds and settled down on the rocky earth. His clawed feet hit the ground in steady rhythm the moment he disembarked. His entire focus was on the chaos erupting around what appeared to be an impact site, and although he resented being called away from his research project, he scarcely had time to worry about that.

The large object that caused all of this commotion was a curious sight to behold, and he was sure that must have been why they called on him--after all, he was no warrior, and could not contribute much to the actual moving of the massive piece. As a scientist, however, he might be able to answer their questions about it.

Picking up the pace, he ignored the sting of sand and pebbles that bit at his flesh even through his clothing. Armor would have been handy in protecting himself from the bitter weather, and any other time he might have paid more attention to his own discomfort. Yet, the closer he got to the fallen object, the more curious he became. The more curious he became, the more he forgot about himself in the scheme of things. Excited by the constant onslaught of thoughts swirling in his head from within the Khala, he could tell that whatever this was, this was not something the likes of which anyone here was used to seeing.

He stepped into the crowd gathered around the object, and as their mental shouts, orders, and confusion overcame him, he forced focus and calm. He scanned the faces for those he knew, and bushed the minds for those who knew the most. Larumis touched the mind of Zalam and the high templar in the same instant. Approaching them, he probed their minds for answers and everything they knew.

You are Zalam, He bowed, politely acknowledging his discovery of her name. I am Larumis of the Hierarch's personal research team. He glanced at the high templar and bowed to him as well, searching for what to call him by.

A female ghost sat across from Kashi--her protective face mask resting in her lap as her canister rifle hung on her shoulder. She was staring at him, intensely. Her mind was aware of his thoughts and of his concern about protoss causing the deaths of humans. But her thoughts were perfectly locked, secret to all but herself.

Her blue eyes were almost ice-gray in the light of the ship, and her face was hard, as if she'd seen plenty of conflict during her lifetime. She was a traditional ghost--resoced and with neural implants, even though the process had fallen out of favor with most Terran establishments. She was unlucky enough to have come from a place where they were still instated.

Emotionless, her eyes bored into Kashi for a long time, and she seemed to have no inkling that staring was not polite.

Lord Tully
03-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Kashi shifted a bit in his seat and looked up to realized the ghost was staring at him. "Is there something you wanted from me?" he asked her, "or am I simply sitting where you happen to be staring?" he added sarcastically, and almost rudely, regretting his tone when he remembered she could splatter his brains all over the shuttle with barely a look if she wanted to. "Why are you here anyway? Surely you've heard what's been happening to Psionics lately, seems like a waste of talent if you ask me, bringing you along when there's a weapon like that floating around." Kashi waited patiantly for the woman to respond, and started feeling a bit uncomfortable with her just sitting there blankly staring at him.

Lacantherope769
03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Zalam gave a small nod to the Scientist, her reply was kind yet hurried.

Praetor Zalam, from the Blades of Khala. And this is... Her voice was overwhelmed by the Templars powerful voice, which felt like it was made of thunder. Executor Kolarius, Leader of the Adelos Retrievers. The Templars dark features watched the crash site with a sense of anger. Worry, and anger flared from his thoughts throughout the Khala.

Our shipment of Vespene Gases and Probes suddenly exploded from the man transport Holding a blackened clawed hand out towards the site of scurrying warriors and probes, Kolarius continued Something struck us from afar, I've lost two men, my dragoons been injured and something took my only medic, Terran named Angee Kolarius took a few steps forward, wavering a hand through the sands, feelings nothing as the storm moved away from him.

Praetor Zalam, Professor Larumis, please be wary, I no not whats out there. I shall keep watch over things from here, so do what you must before it returns.

Zalam bowed to both men and closed her mind off from everything as she made her way towards the site. Burned metal, and glass spread out from the top of a Hover Plate. The glass eyes of a destroyed Probe looked up at her from the sand, the rest of its body scattered across the desert. Her glowing eyes looked over the Plate in search of some clue as to what caused such a disaster.

With a small thought, Zalam found Larumis' Professor Larumis, to me please.
As Zalam awaited the Scientist, she ran her clawed hands over the burned platform. It was when the tip of her middle claw felt a furrow in the metal that she paused. Wiping away soot, and some broken glass, Zalam found the tell-tale signs of either a bullet or a claw, she could not tell through the blackened steel.

Peering closer, the female warrior began to see small lines of corroded metal, and as her gaze followed the path of the mark, she noticed others as well. Small spots of corrosion, like someone had dripped acid across the Plate was prominent with each mark and a small blackened bullet or claw filled the marks.

Kolarius felt the brush of human thoughts overhead, His red eyed stare looking up high as the sounds of a drop ship moved past. Terran... He thought to himself, the image of Angee making his chest ache momentarily as his mind imagined some horrid creature dragging the poor girl away.

SammyGirl
03-11-2010, 09:01 PM
"I'm the bait." The ghost responded, with neither excitement nor fear. "They're sending me to Adelos to see what will happen to me."

She paused, and flashed him a wry smile. It was an almost sadistic grin. Kashi might almost be able to sense that she was gleaning pleasure from his discomfort.

"I won't be splattering anyone's brains today. I'm waiting for mind to get splattered. If I survive, we'll see if I can set you an appointment at a later date."

She continued staring at him--or past him, he probably couldn't be sure which--as the side viewports began to glow a soft blue in the light of Aiur. The ships fell out of hyperspace just within range of Aiur's orbit. The gleaming blue waters and thick green jungles were visible even from so far out of the atmosphere. The ghost soon fixated her stare on the view instead of the man.

"That is...as long as the protoss don't kill you first."

A large clawed foot fell just within Zalam's peripheral vision as she intently leaned over the rubble of the crash. A soft thought touched hers, wordless but affirming that Larumis was fully present. She would be able to feel him searching her thoughts, learning what little she had already learned, as his own eyes began to make conclusions for himself as well.

Chemical damage.... His thoughts were intensely fascinated, but also very concerned. He produced a small orb suddenly, and it hovered over his hand. Uncurling his fingers, the very slight action almost seemed to stimulate the inanimate object to action. It floated forward, by the whims of his will, and hovered just over one of the deep pock-marks burned into the platform.

A tiny shutter opened up, and a small laser beamed out, cutting a sample right out of the metal and drawing it inside of the little orb. The shutters sealed themselves, and the sphere floated slowly back to Larumis' palm, where he clutched it tight.

This will tell us more about the chemical components of the substance. He explained, although if she felt like it she could have just as easily gleaned the same information just by sensing his surface thoughts. He was not in the habit of hiding anything. The ball in his palm glowed blue, and then it vanished, warped to the lab that Larumis was accustomed to working in.

His honey gaze lifted and locked with Zalam's as he exchanged with her a slight sense of worry. The sound of the dropship drew his attention to the skies, and he caught a glimpse of it's metal hull glinting between clouds of sand and silt. We should gather the wreckage quickly, and approach these Terrans. Perhaps they have seen something that we have not.

Lord Tully
03-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Kashi swallowed a bit hard, ~This chick is out of her mind, how can she stay so calm?~ he thought not really thinking that she could read minds. "I've never seen a Protoss, but I know they have extremely powerful minds." Kashi also looked out the window just as a few ships came to join the dropship, "With that combo of so much Psionic power and their technology I'm glad they're on our side," he also added, "that is unless you know something we don't." when the ghost talked about the Protoss killing him. "Don't worry, I'm good at keeping people alive you'll have plenty of opportunities to kill me after this is done."

SammyGirl
03-11-2010, 09:32 PM
"Good." The woman sneered, glancing back at him briefly. "I've heard horror stories about the protoss you know. Almost as frightening as the Zerg. I've never met one, but it should be quite the occasion."

She began adjusting her shipment, knowing the ship would soon be landing at the stargate landing platform of Shel'na Kryhas--the largest protoss city on Aiur named after the warriors who had been trapped and left to die at the hands of the Zerg when the protoss were forced to flee to Shakuras so many years ago.

"Just so you know, I'm not crazy."

The dropship set down gently on the landing platform, and the pilot momentarily exited the craft. From her place in the ship, the ghost could see what was going on outside. There were protoss, at least a dozen of them, towering over the man. They were communicating specifically to him, and blocking their thoughts so that even she could not sense them.

She could understand that they were directing him towards a warp gate, some distance across the field. Their long, outstretched arms guided her vision to the massive structure with pointed fingers. She hoped the marine across from her was fit enough for warp-travel.

Lord Tully
03-11-2010, 09:49 PM
"They are scary, that's why it's good that they're on our side." Kashi turned around and looked out his own window, and was awe struck by the surroundings "Wow... this place in incredible." And was even more amazed by the look of the Protoss, and was almost laughing as he spoke "I've always wondered how accurate the pictures we were shown in school were. This in unbelieveable." But his amazement soon turned to confusion, "This is weird though, I expected an army here, or at least a squad of warriors. I thought we were meeting up with Protoss forces, where is everyone else?" He turned to the ghost, "What do you see on your side? There's no one here except what look like port workers."

SammyGirl
03-11-2010, 09:59 PM
The woman sighed in exasperation at the man's curiosity and all of his questions, but she answered each one in turn.

"It appears that the forces we were sent to meet have already been sent through the warp gate. It's the fastest way to Adelos, and probably the safest. If you can consider any aspect about Adelos safe." She glanced at him. "I'm sure you've heard all about that planet. Unless they're trying to send you in blind so that you don't run away."

She smiled evilly, but before allowing him to interject, she finished answering his questions. "I can see several protoss outside of my window. They're talking to the pilot, but they're masking their thoughts so that I can't hear what they're saying." She looked back out the window. "I don't see any signs of protoss officials. I was under the impression we would meet the Hierarch."

If there was ever any emotion to her voice, now was the time that it emerged, but only in the faintest tone of disappointment. She might as well have been denied a cheeseburger and gotten a chicken sandwich instead.

Lord Tully
03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Kashi nodded, "I've heard that Adelos is where this whole things with the Psionics started but other then that nothing. I wouldn't put it past them if that's why they only told me that." Kashi picked up a touch of dissappoinment in her voice, "Yeah that would've been great, but he probably has more important things to do then entertain us. I wouldn't even know what a Hierarch looked like." He blinked a bit when the pilot came back and put the ship back in the air and turned it towards the warp gate, which also woke up the half of the troops who'd fallen asleep on the way (How they managed to do that is anyone's guess) "Well no turning back now." he said to himself holding on to prepare for the warp.

SammyGirl
03-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Shrugging, the ghost shook her head. She had no more comments for Kashi, as the pilot boarded again and the dropship sealed itself up for the last leg of the journey, but she was sure that soon enough he'd have more questions for her. This time, as the engines hummed back to life, she avoided eye contact, lost in her own mind.

The dropship took to the skies, following a few others that had also landed here. They went, one by one through the open portal that yawned like a swirling black vortex from on top of a huge golden structure. All at once, there was a bright light, and then darkness that seemed to consume all. And before anyone on the ship even had a chance to get used to it, light exploded into existence around them.

At first, everything was a blue, swimming haze of energy, as if the entire landscape was just a hologram, but in moments it began to come to life, color flooding into it like blood through veins. Gray and blue sand stretched out before the ships as far as the eye could see, swirling in dusty puffs through the sky. The ground was rock and stone, with twisted spires exploding from cracks in the earth like knives thrust from somewhere in the planet's belly.

Cliffs and ragged mountain ranges dotted the landscape in between deep canyons and fissures that sunk so far into the ground they appeared to be bottomless. Amid the desolate landscape, protoss structures of all sorts withstood the elements like little houses set in a snow globe.

Then the protoss ships came. Gleaming gold and blue Pheonix craft darted in from all sides, coming up alongside the newly warped in dropships.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Kashi lerched as the dropship came to a stop, "Gah, you think they could've warned us a little first? If possible I'd like it if I didn't have to do that again, ever." As the ship gently set down on the ground, Kashi grabbed his gear and filed out to recieve orders with everyone else. Once off the ship he made sure all his ammo and equipment was secured to his armor (which was a slimed down version of full marine gear to fit his smaller frame) before lining up to recieve orders, he didn't know who was the top commander here. Heck he had just realized that this was his first mission off his home planet and he didn't actually know where this planet was and started to breath harder. He suddenly felt ill and ran off to be sick behind the ship out of sight of everyone else. "Maybe I should've taken a few of those enhancements back at boot." he said under his breath after his stumache was officially emptied.

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 12:35 AM
The ghost was not impressed. She rolled her eyes, although by now she had donned her face mask, giving her a dark, soulless appearance. The winds were rough, but her armor and jumpsuit were just heavy enough to ward off most of the discomfort. She slowly began to look around, and noticed that the protoss Phoenix fighters had landed very close by.

It was then that she realized they had set down right in the middle of a protoss base. In fact, there were at least a dozen of the tall, slender creatures roaming around within her sight. Some movement at the corner of her eye caught her attention, and she looked.

"Looks like our friends have finally come to join us." She pointed out as several very elegantly armored aliens made their way over. They towered above her, and she felt a hint of surprise at just how tall they really were. But there was a limit to how much awe she could experience, with most of her brain's emotional center blocked out.

One of the protoss took a particular interest in her. He didn't say anything, he simply looked at her, but she could feel a sense of pity and concern pouring off of him and onto her. It made her feel uncomfortable.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Kashi was finally able to straighten himself and don his helmet, he kept the visor up and walked back towards the other troops who were pouring out of the dropships. Evidently he was not the only one "Effected" by the warp jump but he payed no mind to the others and simply stood in a line with the marines from his dropship and waited for orders. He snapped to attention as one of the Protoss leaders (Or at least what he assumed to be a leader) walked by him, seeing a Protoss through a dropship viewport and seeing them right next to you are very different experiences, and with one so close Kashi tried desperatly to control his thoughts and keep from panicking. Even he knew that even a full squad of marines could pose little threat to even a single Protoss warrior and didn't want to offend the alien with rambling thoughts.

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 01:25 AM
The protoss cast a sidelong glance at him, having recognized his thoughts and fears. His heavy brow lifted, and then the protoss' eyes narrowed and he tilted his head. A sense of calm slowly penetrated Kashi's thoughts. Whether or not he chose to accept it was up to him, but it was there, nonetheless.

Meanwhile, the ghost tried to keep her eyes off of the protoss who was watching her. She didn't like feeling his concern. Uneasy, she stepped in line with the Marines and soon she too met the tall apparent leader of this group. The large alien stopped in front of all of the humans, and sent his thoughts out so that each one could feel and interpret them for themselves.

Greetings, Terrans. We've been expecting you. Welcome to Adelos, the forgotten world. I realize many of you have not yet grown accustomed to working beside our people. That will change, I assure you. He tilted his head and humor spilled into the minds of the humans, ringing like a heavily bemused chuckle.

Our people came here not long ago, seeking to locate and attempt to help some Terrans who have become lost on this planet. As we quickly discovered, they were not lost at all. They have hidden themselves here, believing that they have been cursed. Every psionic among them has died, and all psionics born unto them even today suffer the same ill fate.

They refuse to leave this planet until they can rest assured that they are free of whatever curse has befallen them. You all have brought here to assist in this endeavor to relieve them of their suffering. You will not need to build your own structures. We have room enough to house all of you. I do suggest you maintain the equipment you have brought to protect yourselves, however. You may need it.

He began to walk down the line, towards the pilot and the human commander.

Our people have not yet suffered any sort of effects from this alleged 'curse.' Yet, we believe that there may be potential for it to affect us, and you as well. We have been vigilant, and will remain so. Tomorrow, we will be venturing into the caves to investigate the colony in its own territory. A Nerazim warrior shall lead us.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 01:50 AM
"Understood, Preator," the commander replied, "It is Preator right? Forgive me I don't know much about Protoss rankings." He continued in a light hearted manner, "rest assured that if you or any of your people need help, my men are more then happy to provide it." With that he turned to the Terran troops, "Alright you apes, you heard him, so unless you want to be sleeping in the dropships I suggest you help in what ever way you can. Move out."

Kashi was glad to finally at least have a general order to follow, and to have his mind at ease, although he had no clue what had happened that made him calm down so quickly. Before he went to the Protoss base, he helped secure the dropships and SCVs they had brought along. "I almost feel sorry for you guys, you get dragged through that warp gate only to find that you're not needed." Kashi ensured everyone was accounted for from the ships and proceeded to the base for further orders.

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 02:28 AM
The sound of footsteps behind him whispered softer than the sound of sand pattering against his armor. The ghost was behind him, following him to help move the equipment to the nearest protoss structure. From here, the towering spire seemed nothing more than a shadow in the storm, but everyone knew that it was polished and as smooth as a crystal.

More footsteps came, and protoss began to fall into step with the Marines, each of them carrying something significantly heavier than most of the humans were hauling. At the front of the group, the leading protoss had taken his post, guiding the terrans through the sand and rock storms to get inside.

On the steps leading up to the looming tower, the true scale of the building could be appreciated. None of the terrans had any idea what the building was normally used for, but no matter what it was for, at least it would provide shelter from the violent winds. The Praetor, if the commander was correct in guessing, stopped outside of the gate and held his arms apart in a manner that reminded a lot of the terrans who were Bible-readers of the story of Moses, when the man parted the waters of the red sea.

And similarly, the huge door gave a soft whine and began to slide open slowly, a gaping mouth ready to invite them in. Beyond the entrance was a long foyer, and sand-free air. The floor was a shining blue color, and reminded them all of the texture of carpet in some places, while in other places it looked like polished stone or metal.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Kashi, who was carrying the front end of a long container with another behind him on the steps, nearly dropped his half when he say the inside of the structure. "What is this place? I've never seen anything like it." But the guy carrying the other end snapped him out of it, "Oi Takashiro wake up, if you drop this thing you're going back down to get it." Kashi reestablished his hold on it and followed the others inside. ~How do they manage to build these things so magnificantly?~ he thought to himself.

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 03:12 AM
It is a secret. A warm thought fluttered in his mind. At first, it would be hard to tell where the thought had come from, but when one of the protoss glanced over their shoulder at him with a brow raised, he would be able to tell who it had been.

The Praetor guided the whole terran squad into the building before issuing the doors closed, and then he motioned for everyone to lay their burdens to rest. The humans obeyed, setting their packs and weapons down while protoss seemingly without words moved in to take the items from them.

You may remove your protective breathing apparati. The air is clean and rich with oxygen here. He turned around and gestured to several other protoss who were just now emerging from another room. They wore no armor, but they each had long flowing robes in rich colors. Please follow these protoss. They shall take you to quarters suitable for human habitation.

The ghost refused to allow her canister rifle to be taken from her, and the protoss did not force her to relinquish it. She watched as the aliens carried away the other equipment, and then turned to walk beside Kashi when they started moving again.

"So you've never seen anything like this. Neither have I." She looked nervously over her shoulder, sensing that the protoss that had been watching her was still close by.

Lacantherope769
03-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Seven laughed loudly as he turned the Dropship in an abrupt round-about. The loud, roaring engines boomed with effort as he pushed them to their maximum, the whining sounds of metal coming apart gave him a thrill as he nose dived the ship through sand storm. The sounds of screaming Marines made his eyes water as he laughed so hard, his pulse monitor was beeping at him, informing him his heart rate was reaching a threatening level. "Alright, Alright!" He yelled at the annoying sound, then noticed what he was here for; The Caravan. He and the few men in the back had been sent to help move it, but the pilot ditched them when she found out where they were going, leaving lucky Seven to pilot the ship.

Reaching up to flick the intercom, Seven voice spoke clean and joyfully, "Get Ready Boys, We're in for some...... WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" The screams grew louder as Seven began a spiraling nose dive into the dunes below him. Before he could pull up enough, the ship clipped a dune and bounced on several more before stopping in a pile of steam and wrecked metal.

The glass from the front had shattered, and scattered all over the floor board. Looking up at the intercom as he undid his belts, Seven spoke to the hopefully still living soldiers, "Well, if your alive, get your asses out!" The sounds of sand, wind, and sparking wires was all Seven could hear as he stood atop his wrecked ship. Under his face mask his face was stretched in a wild grin, his thermal vision goggles allowing him to spy the Caravan a few clicks behind them.

Leaping off the ship and landing in the sand, Seven waited as the men made their way out of the ship, all holding either their heads or stomachs. With a snicker, the Ghost looked back at the Caravan's location and pondered why they had stopped, but let the thought pass over as he assembled his men and gear.

Locking in a pistol, and his C-4 rifle, Seven made his way out into the storm, his men following blindly behind. He could hear them all contemplating whether to shoot him, accuse him of being mad, or stay with the ship, each making him grin wider and wider till he felt like his face would split. The beauty that is having such a wonderful piece of equipment such as this new helmet, is that I can be a cocky jerk and no one will ever know! He paused as he spotted the Protoss lifting things from the sand and placing them on a Hover Plate, Ok, they don't count.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zalam waited for the professor to finish his gathering, then leaped onto the Plate, and looked over the explosion-site. Black burns covered several areas where large piles of Gas had erupted, and from the deep furrows from the back, she assumed that was where the Probes had been. Kneeling down, she looked over one of the strange marks, then lifted one of the blackened things. Holding it in front of her, she noticed it was light between her claws, and when she dropped it into her palm she noticed it felt oddly of an organic matter rather than metal.

Passing her thoughts through Kolarius and Larimus , Zalam picked up another and compared the two. She noticed that one was almost whole, and looked to be a curved piece of some sorts. Placing both in one hand, the Preator leaped down and waited beside Larimus. Her thoughts wandered in the past as she tried to remember where she had possibly seen something similar, but came up with nothing.

The thoughts of someone incredibly happy passed into her thoughts, causing Zalam to look out into the sandstorm and search for the humoured mind. One of her blades erupting as her skin crawled with a familiar fear that exuded from the mind; Zerg....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kolarius' eyes looked over the site, then looked towards the sound of screaming minds... one screaming in... Joy?
Red eyes searched and rested on a lone shadow, and several others following behind. All but the head seemed to be having negative thoughts, all envolving some horrific
death to the one up front. The thoughts seemed to amuse the leader, whome Kolarius found through a brief mental glance to be named "Seven". The others were all
irrelevant to the Executor, who now walked over to the odd hu.... zerg? Questions and mixed thoughts raced through Kolarius' mind, but where all blocked from public hearing.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Kashi cocked an eyebrow at the Protoss who answered him, "Is that so? Well I'll be sure not to poke around to much whilt I'm here if that's the case." He then complied with the Protoss' wishes, relinquising his weapons after he and his companion placed the container in a designated spot, after all that he followed the indicated Protoss. He heard the ghost's question but was too taken in by what he was seeing to respond right away, "I wouldn't even have thought this was possible if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes." He noticed the ghost looking over her shoulder, "Is someone following us?" He whispered to her.

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Larumis' attention instantly broke away from the wreckage and focused on the frightful commotion that had so startled Zalam. He had no weapons, but he instinctively braced himself in a defensive stance, watching the horizon and reaching out with his mind until he too could feel exactly what had caused Zalam's reaction.

This was not the cause of the damage earlier. This...whatever it was had only just arrived. But he could sense, among humans, the very same disturbing essence that his female companion had noticed. He also noticed that other humans were less than thrilled with this...creature.

He didn't want to abandon his post until they had cleaned up the wreckage, but he was concerned about the situation. A name, some sort of identification came to his mind as he frantically searched the distant mental commotion. Seven. He took a step back. If Kolarius is concerned, he shall beckon for us.... Larumis reminded gently, making an honest effort to soothe Zalam's nerves. We must finish this quickly, and then we may investigate this new situation.

Nihidaal glared at the specks in the distance. They had crashed just over the hill from where she stood, and now they seemed to be causing an unnecessary disturbance. One particular individual, apparently human...but perhaps not... seemed to be rather raucous, while the others seemed to hate him for it.

Instinctively sensing him as a threat, she lunged forward, bursting into a full run. Her long legs carried her swiftly over the rough rocks and up over the hill. As she crossed over the crest of the rocky peak, she ignited both ends of her warp staff, prepared for a fight, if this entity did not cease with his disturbances. And even then....something about him made her wonder if she shouldn't just kill him even IF he stopped.

The ghost looked at him with a slight frown and gave a half nod towards the protoss that was walking behind her. She blocked off her thoughts from the protoss, forcing him out of her head in frustration as she explained to Kashi the situation.

"He seems to be watching me. I can feel it. He feels...pity for me."

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 04:04 AM
"Well maybe you should speak with this Protoss and tell him to stop." Kashi advised, not really expecting her to listen to him. He just kept following the Protoss to their quarters admiring the architecture along the way.

Lacantherope769
03-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Kolarius met the Human-Thing, who stood just below his chest. The Executor waited as the male stood proudly in front of the Protoss and rather than give a traditional human salute, the man placed a fist over his heart, then two fingers to his forehead in a salute familiar to High Templar only.

Greetings Ghost Seven, I am "Executor Kolarius" the human finished his thought out loud, his men all falling to a knee or resting on their guns as they caught their breathes and looked up at the tall being before them. "Damn they're tall" One Marine said, then Kolarius took a step back and raised a hand to the site, If you are here to help, I must insist on a full mental background of you and your men before I can allow you onto the premises. The Templar awaited a rejection from the human-thing, but was shocked when the man replied with his thoughts in a very confident and strong voice Very well then.

Placing a hand over Seven's head, Kolarius began his scanning of the mans history, seeing some areas were segmented as he began to forget his past, others were just non-existent. Once the Executor has learned of this poor souls past, he placed his hand on the human shoulder and felt the urge to weep wash over him. Welcome Brother was all the Templar said as he walked back to survey his men.

Zalam slowly relaxed her body, returning her blades as Kolarius informed her and the others that they were friends, and that the abomination was named "Seven". Do not judge the poor man Praetor Zalam, his past would make even you pity him The Female Warrior shuddered slightly as she tried to keep her thoughts and opinions in check. Returning to her original position, Zalam began to help lift broken Probes that could be salvaged, and sweeping the blast zone for usable pieces. She retraced her steps back to the Eye she had found, and added that to the Plate, which was now being used for scraped Probes. She allowed Larumis to hear her thoughts and feel what she was feeling, her skin crawled as the humans began to assist where they could.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven nodded to the Executor, then looked over his men to bark out an order to help. After an hour or so of lifting up Probe bits and scraped pieces, then men grew weary and had to rest as the Protoss continued with little effort.

It was then that he felt the hostile thoughts of something, or someone. A glance behind him revealed a strange glow racing towards him, and with a wicked snicker the Ghost turned around and ran towards the attacker. His speed, even in the sand, almost matched the speeding Dark Templar's and when he could make out her shape and weapon, did he draw a slender rod from his arm. They would either collide, engage after the Templars first swing, or end up passing each other depending on the Protoss' first move.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 05:43 AM
"I don't want to speak to him." The ghost said flatly. "I don't want to let him read my thoughts either. If he's only here to feel sorry for me, then it's best I ignore him." She pulled out a smoke and lit it, giving a frustrated puff. She looked at the burning end, and scowled. The vice was going to kill her if she didn't stop doing this out of habit.

Annoyed, the woman put the cigarette out on Kashi's armor.

The group was stopped in the middle of one of the hallways at the top of yet another stairwell. Large doors lined each side, and they opened in complete silence at the simple wish of the protoss warriors. When all of the doors opened at once, many of the humans were startled. The ghost was not. She simply turned and stared at one of the gray-skinned allies.

These are the quarters you may use to rest. Inside there are beds, provisions for food and water, and fascilities which you may use to contain eliminated waste. We have been quite careful to provide everything you shall require. However, should you consider anything else necessary during your stay among us, please be sure to let us know.

You are free to determine amongst yourselves how you will share these rooms.

With that, most of the protoss began to leave. The ghost had every intention of trying to claim a room for herself, but before she could step through the doorway, a hand fell on her shoulder and stopped her. I know you are angry with me. The mental voice murmured softly within her mind. But I bid thee give me audience. It has been a long time since I have come across a ghost so unfortunate as to have undergone the horrific transformation that the terrans put your mind through...I want to help you. You have been damaged, but I can help.

The ghost glared and backed away. "I don't want your help." She snapped.

The blazing staff fell upon the terran warrior, but the dark templar was surprised when she saw that he was prepared to counter. She was further surprised that she had been surprised. For him to guard his thoughts well enough that she could not anticipate his next move required considerable mental exertion.

Seven. Her thoughts almost seemed to growl within his head. Her cloak of invisibility began to fall away as she debated whether or not killing him was a productive plan.
You are infested. She allowed her very first thought to bubble to the forefront of her mind. How is it you have come here and dare threaten my comrades?!

Larumis was finishing up with the clearing the impact site when he sensed the conflict arise. He glanced at Zalam to warn her, though he was certain she was already more than aware. Rushing forward, he returned to Executor Kolarius.

This must be stopped! We cannot allow this creature to put our lives at risk! Larumis cast his gaze towards the figure of the Dark Templar, standing at odds with the strange man who had just come into their camp. He didn't recognize her, but he was sure that Kolarius must.

Lacantherope769
03-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Seven slid back, raising the rod and blocking the Dark Templars strike by pressing the rod into the bend of the blade. The impact brought the man to a knee, but his strength kept him from going further. Even though he was in a losing position, the Ghost still had the sounds of laughter in his thoughts. Infested? Different maybe, but not "infested". The man began to slowly press forward, relying on his inhuman determination to help press his attacker back a little, enough for him to stand at least. " Zodiac's.... seventh member... Seven, at your service....Ma'am" The man struggled with his words as he struggled with his movements, the power of a Protoss was incredible. The 5 years of hell he went through seemed well spent now that he was kneeling under the blazing blade of a Dark Templar. Could we discuss this in a more humane fashion? A smirk crept under his mask, Guns, Monstrous pasts, and mentally made blades aside, please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zalam only felt a brief change in Seven's thoughts, and also felt Larumis' thoughts, before she bolted at the charging Templar. Both her blades shot out from above her hands, held to her sides as she ran. Skidding to a halt, the woman held one blade at the Dark Templar woman, and the other at the human Ghost. Hold your blades Dark Daughter! Zalam shouted, her body poised to strike as she slowly walked towards the two combatants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough! Was all the warning that was given before the air around the Dark Templar, and Ghost began to grow warm and tingly. A line a blue crashed down between them, causing Seven to disengage Nihidaal and roll away. Kolarius stood atop his dune, red eyes ablaze with fury, his voice pounding into the woman's mind with an incredible force How dare you come into my sight, strike at a Terran under my care, and assault an innocent creature without not once making yourself known to me, nor anyone for that matter!? The High Templar slowly walked down his dune, small lines of lightning crackling from his curled hands and eyes. Tell me why I should not strike you down here and now Dark Daughter Nihidaal! A single bolt flashed behind the Dark Templar as a warning.

Only the sound of splitting air made Seven roll away from his attacker, as the sound of thunder erupted. Pushing himself up with his free arm, the Ghost now knelt in a defensive stance with the rod and his pistol trained on the Dark Templar. The man rose into a relaxed pose as he saw Kolarius literally "storm" up to the woman, his voice pounding through Sevens thoughts. Even through the pain, Seven heart raced with excitement, he'd only read of the Untouchable Blue Storm Kolarius, but had never seen a single recording of his power. Even now, he felt a small twinge of guilt for being so excited, even though he knew someone was getting a lecture or a sudden death by lightning...

"Ay, don't go over board on her Executor, she doesn't know what I am" That is not the point! Seven watched as the Executor raised a hand now radiating with power to the woman, She struck at someone she hadn't even given a chance to speak, nor did she make her presence known to me. That is unforgivable and dishonorable! The Protoss gave the rivaling Templar a bone chilling glare, his voice mellowing and sounding disturbingly calm I expected better from your kind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Kashi was tempted to make a less then polite gesture when the Ghost turned away from him, but she'd know anyway so he restrained himself. After wiping the ashes off his armor she heard her telling a Protoss to back off, and gave them a look that suggested ~don't do anything hasty.~ Only hoping that the two picked up on it he picked a room and started removing his combat armor, "Gah I'm glad to get out of that thing." he proclaimed and walked back out to the Protoss that had led them their. "I'd like to thank you for providing these quarters for us, the things I was taught about your people do not do you justice."

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
The proud dark templar didn't even flinch, although her heart hammered inside her chest with fear and anger. Her red eyes locked with Executor Kolarius, and she allowed the blades of her staff to fade and die. Slowly, she straightened up, rising to her full height. Diminutive as she was, at least compared to the Executor, her boldness was quite astonishing. Many other dark templar might have been terrified looking him in the eye right now, but Nihidaal hid any trace of fear and simply looked at him grimly.

My kind is your kind, Executor. She reminded him with only a tinge of frustration in her thoughts. I grant you that it is indeed dishonorable for me to have struck at him before speaking with you or he first. Condemn me for that if you will, but was it not he who also charged at me? I would have quickly ceased my advance were he not so eager to engage. Or have you forgotten that I have promised to protect your efforts here as well as the lives of the humans?

Nihidaal's tone became just slightly more stressed, hinting at her anger but never allowing it to boil over into rage. She had control of her emotions, despite herself. I shall not apologize for not declaring my presence. I am Nerazim, and as such I will come and go as I please. If you know I am here, then so be it, for I have accepted you as an ally. If you do not know I am here, then it is because I desire privacy or it is in effort to protect you and your fellows.

She glared at him, taking another bold step forward. Now she was almost chest-to-chest with him, but now so much closer, she seemed that much smaller than he. Nihidaal was forced to look up at Kolarius, but somehow she still maintained control of her intense fear.

I am disappointed in you, Executor. She thought, her thoughts deliberately calmer now. I would have thought one of your commendable status would be one to judge me as an individual and not so quickly separate 'my kind' from yours because of a simple mistake in judgment. You would do well to remember what Artanis has taught us. What Adun has taught us.

Larumis watched from the dune where the Executor had been standing. He was not about to get involved in this standoff. He was confident that the Executor and Zalam would handle it better than he could hope to anyway. Weaponless and armorless, Larumis was no match for an angry dark templar, and he knew it.

By the time Kashi came back into the hallway, it was clear that the ghost and the protoss were engaged in some sort of exclusive mental communication with one another. The woman still seemed agitated as she stared at the towering creature.

The only remaining protoss besides the one who had been so diligently following the ghost, cast a glance at Kashi and gave a friendly tilt of his head. So I see. He raised an eyebrow. Such is not your fault. How much you know of us depends entirely on how frequently you and your faction have worked with us. There are few humans who can say they known much of the true history of our people, but I assure you--most of us are not inclined to kill a human.

He glanced over at the ghost and the protoss, and he sighed mentally. It seems your friend dislikes offers of goodwill.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Kahsi gave a dissmissive sigh, "Don't mind her, she's just independent if she wants help it'll probably be on her own terms, not from just someone who happens to offer. Although I can't say I blame her for being angry, she was sent here specifically to bait what ever this thing is into coming out. She was essencially ordered to die in unimaginable pain, I wouldn't want people following my and pitying me either."

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 07:57 PM
A solemn expression came across the protoss' face, and he bowed his head respectfully. He could understand the situation of the human female, although he thought it tragic that it had not been her choice to sacrifice herself for so noble a cause. With a simple glance, he summoned the other protoss away from her, knowing that the woman would be too proud to reveal any of what Kashi had.

The young male protoss came to stand beside his elder, and looked down at Kashi apologetically. I did not know. He admitted. She hid it from me. But my only desire was to repair the damage done to her mind by the processes some terrans dare to put their own kind through...

The elder glanced at Kashi and continued for the younger protoss. It is painful to us to see a people commit such crimes against themselves, and more painful to allow the damages to exist when we know they can be repaired.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Kashi nodded in understanding "I'm sure it must seem awful to a species who's mind is such an important part of everything they are. But she made a choice to become what she is same as the rest of us and she is more powerful then any grunt could ever hope to be because of it. If she wants your help, she will come to you for it, I'm sure she's grateful for the offer, but she isn't the type of person who accepts such offers then and there." He shook his head and looked over to see that the Ghost had left, "Let's not talk about this anymore for now, most Terrans don't like people dicussing them behind their back. I wanted to know if there was anywhere I could make myself useful, I was hoping for a bit more work before turning in."

SammyGirl
03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Both protoss exchanged a glance and then looked back at Kashi. A caravan is being prepared to venture into the mountains. The Terran settlement you have come to investigate lies underground in that region. A Dark Templar named Nihidaal shall be here tomorrow to lead the venture.

A slight pause.

If you wish to help us, you may desire to assist on the warp decks. Otherwise we are simply preparing vessels for the journey--such is a much more menial task, but no less important. He seemed to believe that the human would rather do other things, and quickly changed the subject.

I would suggest you make yourself comfortable here. I do not know that you would be comfortable working among us in the storms.

Lord Tully
03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
"If you say so, see you tomorrow then." Kashi then turned and went back to his room, the door closing behind him automatically. He laid down on the bunk provided for him and slept and waited to be called.

Lacantherope769
03-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Executor Kolarius simply stared down at the dark templar, his eyes twitched once at the mentioning of Adun. I judge not the past sister, I simply judge your poor choice of actions. You of all my hidden guardians should know that a human is quick to respond to danger, they tend not to remain idle when threatened.... much like you Glancing over at Seven, Kolarius sighed and bowed his head, one clawed hand pressed to his temple. Zalam, Nihidaal, Larimus... please excuse me, I need to return to overseeing my people. Closing his mind off, Kolarius walked away with an air of frustration about him. As he walked, he let one last thought reach Nihidaal, I forgive your rash action dark one, but I simply ask that you refrain from assaulting every new anomaly to enter Adelos. You and that one... are very similar

Zalam rose her hands to her chest, letting her blades fade into nothing once more. Her eyes followed Kolarius for awhile before looking Nihidaal over, both eyes narrowing as she blocked off her thoughts. Seven, to me please. Was all the warrior woman would say as she kept a comfortable stance between the human and the dark templar.

Dusting himself off, the Ghost returned his weapon back to its proper area in his arm. Holstering his pistol, and checking his rifle, Seven simply shrugged then sighed as he obeyed the "Other" woman.

"Ya know, women around here are very very bossy, kinda reminds me of my ol' gran back on Tartarus" A loud laugh burst from the man lips as he made his way back to the site, the memory of an old woman yelling him as a young boy tickling his endless humor. "I miss the old bruha, saylegair" As he passed the dark templar, Seven rose his eyes to the taller Protoss's, then placed two fingers to his forehead in a dark templar salute before leaving the warrior to her thoughts. Pressing a small button on his neck, Seven activated one of his temporary mind buffers, blocking out his thoughts and feelings.

The men he'd brought along all watched as the Ghost walked up to one of the fallen probes, placed one arm inside a blasted crevice, then lifted the heavy machine with his one arm using the other to balance the weight as he moved it over and placed it on the Plate. A small whistled tune began as the man assisted in what was left of the gathering.

Kolarius rose a single hand into the air as a signal, then swiped it towards the direction of their drop site We've done enough here, continue the move. Warrior's stay close, keep one of the Terran to your sides, Larimus please return to your ship, unless you plan to accompany us the rest of the way. Praetor Zalam, watch over our flank. Nihidaal, I have no order over you, but I ask that you remain close in case the attacker returns, and for your own safety. I know not where our foe lies. The Executor trudged through the sand, and lead the way as the others surrounded the remaining Hover Plate, the Templar pulled it along with his mind's power. Let us move

Nodding, Zalam made her way to the back of the caravan, her mind and eyes alert as they scanned the sands. Her skin tingled with awareness and anxiety.

Seven flanked behind a tall warrior, whose braids reminded him of Twizzlers. His long rifle rested in a relaxed position in his hands, bright green eyes surveying the area. Turning down his buffer, he allowed small pulses of thought to escape him in attempts to prevent another ambush. His trick had saved him from many foes, even the dark templar woman. He'd been surprised that such a trick had worked on such a legendary figure, but was more surprised when he found himself charging at nothing. Instinct had taken over him, something in his gut roared through his mind, causing him to engage something his eyes could not see. Funny how things work some days the Ghost thought, then returned to his vigil. "Keep your eyes sharp, and your finger close to the trigger boys!" The Marines all gave a weak acknowledgment as they all fell behind one of the Protoss warriors.

SammyGirl
03-13-2010, 06:57 PM
As Kolarius turned away, Nihidaal's proud stance slowly began to relax. Her shoulders slumped, and her eyes followed him quietly. No one would see the pain gripping her chest with well-contained anger--anger that stemmed from hurt.

Nerazim, dear Executor. I am not a 'dark one.' The thought was protected carefully. Like a fragile eggshell, she kept it close to her and shielded it from others' scrutiny. Although her heritage and choice to live as a dark templar was strong and made her proud, there were some titles that she could not accept from her fellow protoss. Old wounds felt fresh again every time she was called a dark one.

When Zalam moved between her and Seven, she frowned slightly. You do not trust me either, I suppose. Her tone was flat, and edged with annoyance. Nihidaal's gaze wandered to the smaller creature, whatever Seven was. She eyed him for a moment, feeling uncomfortable still, but not inclined to attack.

And then he saluted her. Startled by his action, and unable to determine whether it was in mockery or respect thanks to the inhibitors, she could only salute him back before turning to follow after the Executor's unit. Hanging to the back, she allowed the light of the sunset and the shadows of the coming night to wrap around her, melting into nothingness as far as the eye was concerned.

Larumis bowed to the Executor, stepping aside to allow the leader to move forward. By your will. He looked the Executor in the eye and nodded. I shall report to you from the lab, once the analysis on the samples we collected is complete. Gods be with you as you complete your tasks. He bowed once more, as if for good measure. En taro Tassadar, Executor. With that, Larumis departed.

Nihidaal kept watch from her silent position at the rear of the group, but when she saw Seven hurrying towards something that could not be seen, she tensed. The other protoss all around were alert and focused, keyed in on that location and ready to fight if something hostile suddenly emerged.

The dark templar lit her blades and began stalking forward at a swift pace, reaching out with her mind and searching for something, anything, that would reveal any sort of presence.

Future: Morning at the Protoss Base
Through the soft glow of the energy field windows, a somewhat brighter glint of light arose. Presumably, it was the sun, and yet it was impossible to tell if that was the case. The storms outside darkened it too often to know if it was indeed morning, casting their dark gray sandy haze all over everything.

In the hall, however, there was activity. The protoss had returned, and were opening the doors for the humans. Activated by telekinesis and controlled by the mind, once the doors had been closed there was the small problem that the humans were largely trapped inside. The protoss had known it would be the case, but they did not see it as much of a problem.

Some of the terrans however, were not very happy that they couldn't wander around aimlessly, and were griping and grumbling to each other. Many forgetting until they saw the tall warriors that the protoss knew every bit of their discontent even before they could shut themselves up.

Lord Tully
03-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Kashi woke up to find himself essencially locked in, assuming that the Protoss would let him out when it was time to go to the colony he started exercising. Several Push ups, Sit-ups, and various other "Ups" later, the doors of his room slid open. He donned his armor and headed out to grab the rest of his gear.

SammyGirl
03-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Outside, the dozens of Terran soldiers were already gathering, and were complaining amongst themselves. The protoss, towering over the group, didn't seem to mind the criticism. Or if they did they kept it to themselves.

The ghost was finally released from her chambers, although she herself might have had the strength mentally to open the door on her own. Apparently, she had chosesn to stay inside, simply because she liked the opportunity to be alone and prepare herself for this day.

She came up to Kashi, ignoring the rumblings around her. "You seem less peeved than others." She noted. "At least you're not a complainer."

Lord Tully
03-13-2010, 07:38 PM
"Hey I'm used to being locked in my room. Besides if they didn't need me for anything why would I need to leave my room?" Kashi blankly replied, while securing his equipment, ammo, stimpacks stuff like that. "Now I'm just eagar to see what this thing is, hopefully it can be killed." He then went to stand before the Protoss leader for his orders.

SammyGirl
03-13-2010, 08:44 PM
A tiny smirk graced the corner of the ghost's lips, but she didn't say anything. Securing her canister rifle on her shoulder, she simply followed Kashi and came to a stop in front of the protoss leader.

Nihidaal, our Nerazim guide, shall be here soon enough. I will take you to the platform where we have your ships, and we will board soon. I must apologize for our inability to come to you sooner. There has been an incident at one of our outposts, and it has called more attention than we suspected it would. He turned to lead the terrans down the stairs and into the grand foyer.

You will need to be armed. Though the Terrans in the caverns are not dangerous, there are a number of predatory animals underground. Many are quite capable of killing an unaware human.

Lacantherope769
03-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Zalam thought to herself, letting her legs carry her to their destination. As she trudged along, she looked back the battle between Kolarius and Nihidaal. Astounding, truly remarkable the power those two wield. I will never compare to such might... Her shoulders fell a little, then her posture straightened when the old memory of being blasted by the krystal had given her, her own gift. ... but, no enemy can match my blades! The air around the female warrior seemed to fill with her pride swelling, her joy for her gift, and her excitement to do battle with a real foe.

Praetor Zalam! The warrior in front of her spoke, his thoughts filled with laughter, What has you in such high spirits, tell us all so that we shall revel in it as well with you The thoughts of agreement came after wards, and the Praetor couldn't help but chuckle at them all, so she voiced her growing joy. I am simply eager to do battle, and show off the mighty power of my blades, to carve a foe with my skills, to show the galaxy the awesome power of our race! The others each raised a fist and blade into the air, and shout of agreement and the "oorah!" of humans rang throughout the caravan. Whilst the Protoss had been giving her Pep Talk, Seven had lowered his inhibitors and translated to his men, making his own speech to get everyone in a good mood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kolarius walked on ahead alone, his eyes squinting with anger and frustration, he felt horrible for letting himself unleash such anger on the Nerazim woman... He knew he could not apologize to her, but he kept trying to figure out a way to do so without insulting her. ...Sister Nihidaal, to me please. The Executor strained to keep his thoughts firm, blocking out his feelings as much as possible. Even though he heard Zalam's speech, he could not enjoy such cheering until this matter had been rectified.
I wish to speak to you... and attempt to find a proper apology without insulting you, and hurting my pride further. The last thought was filled with a twinge of humor, but dry humor. The Executor's walk became slower, and brooding-like as he awaited a response from the Nerazim Woman.

Sevens grin was obvious, even through the mask as he laughed and joked with the men, even letting out a louder sound as the Protoss he followed made witty jabs and joked around with him as well. Through all his laughing, the Ghost still kept his mind lurking around the area, his finger never left the trigger of his rifle.

It was when he watched as the Executor Kolarius step over a dune, did he feel what he came for... "Marines, east-side now!" Seven pressed a button on his chest, and quickly faded into nothing as the marines rushed to his original position.

"Sir?" One of the marines spoke as they all attempted to spot their leader, "Move with my foot steps, stop when we pass over the dune, their here, be ready..." With that, the Ghost bolted forward, his trail of footsteps his only sign of being there. He knew the Protoss would guard the caravan, but it wasn't the caravan he was here to protect. Executor,Praetor,Nerazim! Were all he voiced with his thoughts before he was suddenly sliding backwards, and pressing his weapon against the gaping and drooling maw of the most horrible creature he had ever witnessed; Hydralisk.

The sands around him and further ahead began to turn into small holes as more hideously forms rose from the ground, their carapace's reflecting what little light made it through the storm. "ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRRRRG! "

SammyGirl
03-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Nihidaal came immediately when beckoned by the Executor, her feet making very soft sounds in the sand and gravel as she hurried forward and then slowed to a stop beside him. The light of her blades faded as she approached him, naturally reflecting the peacefulness of her approach. When she reached him, she looked up at him and observed his face even while her mind studied his thoughts.

Kolarius' unexpected humor caught Nihidaal off guard, but not more so than did his attitude. The Executor was almost as proud as she was, Nihidaal imagined, and yet his great humility in even summoning her over was impressive. So though he showed little more than his dry humor, a slight smirk creased the corners of her eyes while her brow lifted in amusement. She too hid her own feelings--relief and pure gladness--that she may not appear all too eager to accept any sort of apology.

So it is your pride you wish to mend. That is funny. It seems to me that if you wished to protect your pride so you would not so quickly call me back. There was an odd grin that twinkled, hidden just within sight in the depths of her eyes. I have been known to destroy the pride of even the greatest protoss men. I think it is your honor you want to reclaim, and if that is so, you may have it.

She tilted her head slightly. We all make mistakes, as I did when I attacked so quickly.

She didn't notice what was going on with the rest of the group as they moved on ahead--aside from small rumblings that made it seem they had found something. Without the Khala, it was difficult to make heads or tales of the psionic conversations going on, especially when she was so intensely focused on something else.

---
The other protoss, less distracted and much more battle-ready, moved to the crest of the dunes, and some found a high point on a rocky crag jutting up out of the gray sands. All of the protoss nearest to Zalam froze in shock, but their blades lit with fury.

It cannot be! One of them said as he tried to see the figures emerging through the sandstorm.

No indeed! Another protoss chimed in, They are nomadic desert predators, the Zerg are gone forever. Slain by Adun himself!

Lord Tully
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Kashi went outside to keep was for the Dark Templar to arrive, as he did so kept his gun trained on the dunes, he couldn't see much but any movement would be easily seen by his armor's sensors. His head twitched as he thought he heard something off in the distance, he transmitted a message to the Protoss watchman at the top of the structure, "Did you hear something templar? I didn't think they'd arrive this soon. Should I investigate or should I stay here?"

SammyGirl
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM

The Templar moved forward, several terrans and a couple of other protoss following behind him until he reached Kashi's side. The ghost was among them, and she looked vigilant as ever.

"Could be a problem." She muttered. "We should go check it out."

The Templar's claw scraped at the skin under his throat, and he seemed to be analyzing the possibilities.

There were several odd occurrences between the last sunrise and now. Our base of operations and resource management was assaulted, and we encountered some strange creatures in the wastelands. He looked concerned. It is hard to say what they were, but they were hostile, that is certain. We lost them to the sands before we could ascertain their origins.

Lord Tully
03-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Kashi thought a moment, before stepping forward "I can take a small squad to scout out the base before we move out. I know how to move in the desert and I'm sure some of you guys are eager to do something other then sit around." After several of them grunted in agreement, Kahsi looked back to the Templar, "It would be unwise to proceed if it means potentially leaving such an important place in control of an enemy where they can strike at us without warning. We can be there and back again within an hour or two, if you take the others to the colony we should be able to meet up with you about half way their.

SammyGirl
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
The templar bowed respectfully to the man, and even without speaking, he made his opinion on the matter clear. He could not have stated a better plan. To risk the interruption of the caravan was a dangerous prospect, all things considered. To have scouts go on ahead was an excellent idea, even though there were warriors to lead the caravan on.

And though the base would not be entirely unprotected once they left, it would be open enough that an assault could not be countered very quickly. He had to give the human credit for thinking ahead.

Indeed, you scout the area and ensure that all is well. We will finish our preparations. Take some of the soldiers you have come with. He gestured to another templar with an unseen mental calling. The protoss was almost immediately at his side.

My brother here shall accompany you as well.

Lord Tully
03-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Kashi nodded respectfully to the Templar sent to accompany them, "Alright then you apes listen up, I'm taking a team to check on the Protoss' main base, it sounds like we're finally going to be able to use our guns." He chuckled along with a few others, before choosing a pair of medics, 3 marines and a Firebat to accompany him. He loaded his assault rifle and shotgun attachment and turned to the Templar, "Alright lead us to the base we're ready for anything." he and his squad followed the Protoss to the base to find a good number of the buildings half destroyed, "Everyone stay alert be ready to kill anything that moves if necessary."

Lacantherope769
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Sevens verbal and psionic screams were so enraged, words were limited as instinct took over. " I don't care what the hell YOU think it is!" JUST KILL IT! "SHOOT GOD DAMN IT!" Every marine immediately began to open fire on the hulking creatures, automatic guns whirring, drowning out the war cry from the Hybrid, who shoved the one pinning him down high into the air. With another roar, Seven ran forward, leaped, then rammed the barrel of his rifle into the monsters drooling jaws and fired three times before they landed. The Ghost used the aftershock and dead body like a spring board, hurtling himself into another beast as bullets tore down around him.

Zalam was one of the first to see the creatures surface, her mind flashing memory after memory of horrid beast after horrid beast, her heart pounded and her body felt as if it was covered in ice. Before old memories and fear could take over, her own spirit screamed for her TO ARMS MY BROTHERS! FOR ADUN! AND AIUR! The woman raced over the sands, bother her blades igniting like wild fires, small tendrils of black dancing inside the magnificent display of blue. Swiping one arm up and the other across, Zalam cut down one of the creatures that had been trying to defend itself from one the marines assault. Pieces, and dark ichor flew into the air as the warrior woman moved on to another beast, engaging its slashing sickle-like arms with her armored arms. Rage, fear, and something else billowed from deep inside her conflicting emotions. EXECUTOR!

Kolarius looked down at the Dark Templar, a feeling of strangeness overcoming him at how different the two were, yet they both shared the title of Templar together. My Honor could never be lost Sister, I've done far too much to lose enough to ever hurt such a thing. And my Pride is easily repaired, but I will agree that we are rather Pride-filled creatures. The High Templar paused in his steps to look out over the sand, his mental shields slowly dropping as he found nothing to hide for the moment, his feelings of relief and pleasure that his apology would be accepted so easily, and understandably were mixed with surprise. Kolarius was about to continue when the shouts of warriors, and gunfire met him I would like to..... Then he heard the call from Zalam and his men. Even Seven's voice was ringing through out the air, To the Caravan, now! The Templar focused with practiced thoughts, hovering himself above the sand slightly and flew forth, his own after images marking his path.

SammyGirl
03-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Nihidaal tensed at Lolarius' reaction, and the blades at each end of her staff sprang to life once more. Even without being in the Khala, she could sense the free-flying mental cries and images of horror, and she could sense the approach of the enemy creatures, whatever they were. The terrible realization that these creatures were hungry for blood was the least of their worries for most. So many of them were invisible, hidden from view by the swirling sands.

Even as Nihidaal and the Executor ran to meet up with the others, drawing nearer to the chaos, she could only catch a few fleeting glimpses of dark shapes leaping and diving here and there.

With Seven's party, it was perhaps the most difficult to see the enemy. Some of the others were for once glad that Seven was with them. Yet, even as the team fought, they were slowly being surrounded. Many creatures disappeared in the sand and rocks, hidden completely from view. But they were still there.

The protoss could feel them, even while the creatures began to return to the earth that they had so suddenly sprung from, they could sense the vibrations through the ground while they moved--little tremors beneath everyone's feet. They seemed to be attracted to Seven's group, and they swam, out of sight, through the ground till they got there.

All at once, a hole opened up beneath one of the humans. Caught off guard, he screamed as he fell and something grabbed his leg. A thick, fleshy tendril drove barbed hooks into his leg and pulled him under, letting the ground swallow him before the creature disappeared entirely.

Another hole opened up beneath someone else, and in an instant filled with a piercing scream, they too were gone.

Nihidaal squinted to see through the blowing sands, but all she could see were the silhouettes of Seven's team and the shining blades of approaching protoss. All of the creatures had disappeared into the ground and were slowly picking people off from below.

Executor Kolarius... Her thoughts were intense as her focus followed any small movement she could feel beneath them. They aren't going to emerge again. They have changed tactics....

Her brows knitted tightly together as she tried to think of a way to strike them while they were still in the ground.

This base is our headquarters of resource management. One of the protoss explained the situation as they moved among the still damaged buildings. It was not so much of a mess as it had been the day before. Not even remotely, but there was still enough damage to leave several of the humans in awe.

It seems that some peculiar desert creatures are moving about in this location, attacking from underground. Some of them seem to use projectiles. Our labs are analyzing some of the secreted acidic substances that the creatures left behind, but we are now certain this attack was by some biological entity. Most probably the ones that also assaulted the convoy in the evening of the last sun.

Lacantherope769
03-30-2010, 02:36 AM
As the screams of men filled the air, Seven drove his arms through another creature, using it to deflect an oncoming attack from one that was attacking. The Ghost unleashed his clip into the monster before dropping his rifle and tearing the current beast on his arm apart. Looking up to see three of his marines sink into the earth, more rage boiled into him, and so he began a new idea made from a building madness as blood filled the air.

"Get back to the caravan god damnit! GO! NOW!" With that, the man ran, pressing a small flip-switch on his neck, allowing all of his built up mental energy to flow and meet every mind that could hear him. COME ON YOU STUPID SLIMY FREAKS, COME ON!!!, running in the opposite direction of the caravan, Seven fled knowing the things would hunt for him as they had been all day. His breathe came out shallow as he ran, whispering to himself, "come on, come to daddy"

Zalam ducked, then leaped away as she felt the creatures retreat under the surface of the sand. Keeping one blade held in the air, she kept one poised towards the earth near her feet. Everyone, protect the caravan, and grab a human The Praetors command was followed, and each warrior lifted a rebellious Marine onto a shoulder and ran to the Hover Plate, where they set them down and stood guard. The woman watched as Seven ran, uncertain of whether to follow or return to her post, her wavering blades emphasizing her displeasure.

( Ko will be put in later )

SammyGirl
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Nihidaal, set down the ,marine that she had carried on the hoverplate, and sensed Zalam's displeasure. She narrowed her eyes in scrutiny, and then decided to take action. She was unbound to obey the orders of the praetor or the Executor, and so she independently decided to take off after Seven--either to help him or to stop him and bring him back to safety.

She knew she would decide when the time came.

Leaving the caravan behind, she sprang off of the hover plate in an instant and seemed to vanish into the air. Shielding herself with bent light, she moved through the sands quickly and light on her feet, to avoid attracting the attention of the underground creatures.

She could see Seven through the dust storm and the growing darkness, but only barely. Her blades ignited, she moved in to see what he was after.