PDA

View Full Version : [M] Never Born [Auki & G]

Auki
06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Rated [M] for violence and gore and stuff.

Never Born

The Village of Rhol: (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/241/d/c/Mountain_Village_by_pokepetter.jpg)

Rhol is a small village in the mountains
with a simple culture and primitive society.
The high cliffs around its perimeter keep it
isolated from the rest of the land; the only
known escape is through a waterfall outside
the village walls.

Yet, no-one ever takes this path.

The demon will not let them.

The Demon: (http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/stf/stf115_skinrenderer.jpg)

The Demon is nameless, and few have
ever seen its face, but all are aware of
its presence. It feeds on potential life,
the silent cry of an unborn child. Only
half the village's young are sacrificed,
yet all mothers-to-be live in fear that
they will be chosen next.

A bruise across her stomach, its signal.

The Plot:

A couple - chosen - wish to defy their
fate, determined to save their child-to-be
from death. Steeling their hearts against
fear, they take to the night and try to flee.

But the demon's always watching.

Auki
06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.david-garrett-fans.com/Resources/davidgarrett2004a.jpeg

Sams Hohn

43, Male

Although he strives to work the farmland gifted to them, the unforgiving weather of the mountains makes life difficult. Food is on the table, but never plentiful. Any excess tends to be traded for tools and clothes. He wishes he could give his wife more, but considering the village that they live in, hope seems ever scarce. Sometimes he will look at Alyss and feel only sorrow for the cold expression that she wears. Although she rarely directs such distance towards him, it is not pleasant to watch the other villagers avoid her so.

In a sharp contrast to his lover, he dedicates himself to being a beacon of joy. As he wanders through the village, he will greet everyone - friend or not - with the same heart-filled salutations and a wave of his callused hands. Some do not approve of such happiness, not with the demon haunting their shadows, but he pays the wishes of such people no regard. When a child is sacrificed to the beast, he is the first to offer his support.

It tires him greatly to play out such charade, but only Alyss ever notices the cracks. Strain around the eyes, nervous hands, a bout of anger when he feels like no-one's watching. The demon's mark was the final straw to wipe away his grin. Now, he is only concerned with protecting his family, whatever the cost to him.

G
06-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks great :) I'll start work on a cs~

Alyss Hohn played by G
female

Alyss' (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCZecHGlVu6dRcIgB0TMAyJdjHj27-5Vzyczm-6GvHdf1eWDaS3zWxJjbamQ) hair is as black as night, and her eyes almost dark enough to match; deep, liquid pools that seem to uncover, rather than just look. The harsh, isolated lifestyle the inhabitants of Rhol are forced to live has left her very thin, but with a wiry strength in her slender limbs. Her long and pointed nose is probably the most prominent feature of her face, the pale skin standing in stark contrast with her hair and eyes. The short woman walks with her shoulders' slightly stooped, her head tilted forward from years of huddling inward, away from the cold.

Alyss has always maintained a distinct detachment from others in the village, with the exception of Sams, who managed to break through the wall she has stubbornly built against the horror that is daily life in Rhol. Rather than share the pain of other poor families, when lives were lost before they had begun, she closed her eyes to their suffering, refused to let herself feel it. Her childhood friends, what few there were, slowly drifted apart from her, unable to connect with someone who refused to share their sorrow.

But now the issue cannot be ignored. The joy and love Alyss cannot help but feel at the life she and Sams have created, equally matched with the fear of losing the most important thing she's ever had threaten to tear down the fortress she has carefully enclosed her heart in.

What do you think? I'm totally open to changing it if it doesn't fit with what you had in mind for your char. :)

G
06-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Sams looks great :D
I like the contrast between their characters, but both have an underlying nature that matches the others, in a way.. their interaction is gonna be really interesting. :)

G
07-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Okay, so for reference -

1 = avoided or parried attack.
9 = incapacitation or death.
10 = injury to the stomach.

I figure depending on the attack, there may not be a threat of death, hence where the 'incapacitation' comes in XD

- - - Updated - - -

For my post:

[roll0]

Auki
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Okay. I don't know when I'll have a chance to write my post up, but I want to get the dice roll out the way... I'm hoping I got the code right xD

So... for reference;

1 = Unharmed.
2-6 = Injured.
7-9 = Mortally Wounded.
10 = Instant Decapitation.

-deep breath-

[roll0]

G
07-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Sams got off lighter than Alys did XD And I was imagining similar guidelines with the numbers in between, just didn't write it. Can't wait to see your post!!!

G
08-06-2012, 08:40 AM
For my next post:

[roll0]

edit: Oh, dear...

Auki
08-06-2012, 08:45 AM
That girl has no luck! xD

One last roll for Sams;

[roll0]

G
08-07-2012, 10:22 PM