PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Tears (OOC)

Dirzrahel
03-20-2010, 02:40 AM
o.o *waves*

Just thought of something that may be an interesting story to live through. Allow me to share. There are wars, there is inevitable violence and bloodshed from thousands. Such is taken for granted when an empire seeks to destroy another empire. Though in this case, there is a unique obscurity.

As per the prologue of this tale, and take "tale" quite literally, there is a restriction on the character types that may be used. There are no werewolves nor vampires within this story. In fact, the only critters in this story are elves and humans. Mortals and immortals. Though in stressed factors, the protagonists of this story will be a human descended from that of an Elven king long lost ago to war. This human has no idea he's about to start on a train for royalty, guided along by an old, old friend. This friend was the trusted companion of this human's ancestor. Though, that's another story entirely.

----------------

Within this story, a tribe of people with interests different than that of the ubiquitous White Empire is put under suppression. They realize slowly that the Empire is taking away from them, rather than the reverse. As the old adage goes, where resources from a richer place to a lower place occurs, an addiction is formed. The people of said tribe cannot live any longer without the supply crates the White Empire sends them from across the sea. The Elder of the tribe knows this to be true, as he was opposed to the generosity to begin with, having the foresight to see the outcome. But he was at a crossroad, and took the route that would make his people live better immediately instead of progressively.

Though as with the killing of Kings, the killing of a leader of other sorts cause an immeasurable unrest within a people. The Elder was slain one morning, the rising sun red, stained with his blood. An Imperial soldier stabbed and ran him through, in response to the Elder refusing the crates of food.

The tribe, in retort, killed the murderer. The Imperial ship sailed back to bring news.

Of revolt.

As the Elder's son, you have limited options. Lead these people to a different land, run away? You seek your sister for guidance, since she has that odd power of reading the stars. She says nothing. You panic. Then you call a meeting of the tribe, and the choices lay before your very eyes. Your sister speaks up finally, mentioning a fable, a tale not unlike this one.

She talks of Gundolath. A fabled castle-city in the center of a lost isle called Ysiri.

As a boy, you can plainly remember your beloved father telling you these stories and assuring you the isle was real indeed, but you, with limited options, still do not believe such a tale. But if there was a chance to find this isle, would there be refuge? Would the tribe be safe? The options were clear, and facing the death of the tribe, the boy forced into a man's position makes a choice. To go to Gundolath.

But how to get there?

Then he remembers another tale. The tale of the King of Demons that lives on the very land his tribe now resides on. His father told him stories of the Demon King, tales of valor, of war, of annihilation. Faced with the destruction of your tribe, the boy's sister stands by him resolutely, and nods silently.

-----------------------------

Positions needed-

Elder's Son: (consider that you will be a protagonist in this story. Please do make an acceptable character. He's a boy still, not a man, untouched by bloodshed of other humans. Meaning yes, he's naive. Arrogant.)

Elder's Daughter: (You'll be a protagonist as well. However, the sister has that innate talent to read the future from the stars. She's also quite innocent, but also very, very pure-hearted.)

Tribe: (Friends, random tribal persons. Your choice. You'll be aiding the above two.)

Elves: (Did I mention? They'll be included. Gundolath is an Elven city, abandoned by all who lives there thanks to the great war that made the White Empire. Though, there could be those who await the return of their king. *wink*)

Demon King: Me. (Though the name implies something, don't make assumptions. After all, the boy heard about him in a tale. Falsehood is the definition of tale.)

------

Immediate setting:

The Elder's son and daughter are journeying to an old tomb with a few members of the tribe in tow. Although at first it seemed easy to wake the Demon King, the scouts have discovered Imperial soldiers carrying a very large cast iron object into the tomb, along with one priest of the White Empire. A very curious situation. The forest covers the path the tribal warriors are taking, so being spotted is impossible. Sneaking up and scoping out the situation, or forcing your way inside are two of several options available.

Just be careful. A priest going into a Demon King's tomb is not something that is commonly seen.

-------

Once enough people have joined, three being a good number, unlike five...

We'll start the IC and I'll post my introduction, which will explain the title of this story. =P

Edit: Ah yes, forgot to explain some parts.

CONSTRAINTS (word sounds so awful >.>)

Magic is a yes. However, all humans cannot use magic. All elves have innate ability to use magic, but at levels that do not exceed perhaps, a power level enough to form a crater six yards in diameter on the ground.

The Elder's daughter is an exception. She can use healing magic. As a note, all magic does fatigue the user, no matter who the user is. Namely myself, since I will be playing the role of the Demon King. This rule is for me far more than anyone else.

Elemental magic is a yes. This includes the manipulation of space, such as creating a magic circle in the air and making another at a different location, so an arrow will go through the first and come out the second. This is spatial manipulation in my view.

Any questions please direct to me in a PM. If it's a really good question, I'll be posting it with your permission so others know the answer. =P

RisingPhoenix
03-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Wooo, I'll join, is there a particular Character Skeleton you want us to go by?

Dirzrahel
03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Nope, just the basics.

Character Name:

Appearance: (images are fine, just give me a synopsis of what the image is telling)

History: (This includes any information on special attributes of the characters. By this, I mean if there's a magical ability or perhaps an emblazoned sword that means the life of you.)

Eccawen
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Elder's Daughter
Character Name: Chula “Great Hawk” Seneca

Human or Elven descent: Human

Appearance: http://www.grandmas-attic.com/images/7843.jpg

History:
Chula “Great Hawk” Seneca grew up in the tribe. Her father the elder of the tribe always called her Great Hawk instead of by her actual first name. Her older brother seemed more outgoing then she did while they were growing up. Great Hawk as she likes to be called mostly knows nothing but the tribe; she is one of the few Shamans in the tribe. Growing up in a position of respect and knowledge she learned effectively to use the stars to chart out the future.

Though some would believe Chula to be a protégée others thought of her as nothing more than a girl playing in a woman’s world. But she was well respected for a child of her age; she grew up listening to the stars that have guided her way thus far. Still being unmarried which is a bit troublesome for a woman of her age she remains closer to her father and brother even when the tribe moved to find a tomb of some sort.

Dirzrahel
03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes yes yes, more details.

And hide that image as well as downsize it. >.>

Eccawen
03-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I put the image in url form. I'm sorry I will have more details for you once I am done with work, promise!

Dirzrahel
03-22-2010, 02:19 PM
That's ok. ^_^

Auki
03-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey there; If you're in need of players, remember to apply to Roleplay of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) to gain some more exposure.

Eccawen
03-23-2010, 10:57 AM
There it is updated sorry it took so long

Dirzrahel
03-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Hehe, that's fine for a history then. Accepted. =P

Eccawen
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Thank you

GraftRaven
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
i'd like to join as well. how would you feel about God of War style chain length manipulation? (elven character btw)

Dirzrahel
03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
That is an odd request of power. o.o

As long as the chain doesn't lengthen to infinite possibilities, I'm fine with that. Just have details on how this power manifested.

GraftRaven
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
cool, because i don't want to have to carry around two 15 foot long chains all the time.

profile to come later.

GraftRaven
03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Name: Krath El'Tashun

Race: Elf

Appearance: Krath stands just about six feet tall, has dark gray skin, pointed ears (durr), blood red eyes, an athletic build, and an attitude. He wears nothing but light bits and pieces of plate armor on his upper body, usually two shoulder parts, and a line of plates running down his back (these are secured by a series of bets hooked to a central metal ring in the front). All of his armor is blood red with slight gold trim. He also wears a pair of slightly baggy black pants with a red sash over light but strong boots.

Weapons: He carries two pairs of large hooks (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100310015003/godofwar/images/c/c0/Clawsofhades-453x300.jpg) attached to chains, these chains are embedded in his upper back and attached to his shoulder blades, they protrude from his back just below his arms. The embedding of chains into his back was part of an extremist ritual, one that was banned from use thousands of years ago. The chains are inseparable from the subject, the ritual also makes the shoulder blades of the subject unbreakable so that the chains cannot harm them in that way. On a bit of a downside the subject can use no other magic than to lengthen the chains for very short periods of time at little energy cost.

History: Krath had a very distressed childhood, his family was annexed from the rest of the elves because his father performed the same ritual on himself. Krath's father then cut a path of destruction out of rage through an elven city and was killed in the process. A few years after Krath was old enough to care for himself his mother was mauled by a wild beast; however, because Krath had no further connection with his family he was allowed for a short time to reenter elven society. During this time he became an accomplished warrior and earned his armor. A few short years later Krath found himself faced with a difficult problem: he had challenged a rather powerful lord of the White Empire and was faced with a life of servitude or a life of exile. He chose exile. By performing the forbidden ritual he gained the tools to kill the White Empire Lord, but also secured his place outside elven society. To this day he still wears the chains and hooks proudly, not bothering to hide to others the nature of his social condition.

two things: Remember kids, double posting is bad, and if there's anything you want me to change feel free to rant in my general direction.

Dirzrahel
03-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Hm, that's alright. Accepted.

GraftRaven
03-24-2010, 10:46 PM
cool xD