PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Tides of Darkness

StormWolf
03-20-2010, 07:42 AM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....
[[click and listen while reading]] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MpgImDopd0&feature=related)

STAR WARS

TIDES OF DARKNESS

The city-planet of Coruscant,
the cradle of power in the galaxy.
The home of the Galactic Republic.
The home of the Jedi Order.
Their mighty temple a
beacon of light in the
darkest of times.

It has been three hundred years
since the Great Galactinc War,
that conflict between the Sith Empire
and the Republic that ravaged the galaxy.
Even now the galaxy is trying to recover,
struggling to rebuild itself after
the Sith swept down
and destroyed almost everything.

In this present time,
the Galaxy is silent,
the Sith all but extinct,
their shattered remnants crawling
back in to the Unknown Regions of space.
With the Sith gone,
the Jedi believed
their people were safe and protected.
Their numbers grew to the high thousands,
temples and acadamies rose
on dozens of planets throughout Republic.
It was a peace that
the entire galaxy had yearned for
for centuries.
Everything was as it should be.

They were decieved....

The current Jedi Grand Master, Gaius Calgar, was sitting in his personal chambers, legs criss-crossed, his knees resting on top of the opposite leg's foot. His back was straight and his hands were knitted together on his lap, eyes closed and his face stony in meditation. Master Calgar was surrounded in a great blackness that was his concentration. Sparks surrounded him, like he was floating in the great expanse of space itself. Each star represented a life, the stars that glowed blue were those who could wield the Force with the light. The larger the star, the more powerful the individual was. Master Calgar was at peace in this state, observing the thousands of Jedi of all ranks and strengths within the temple.

While Master Calgar floated in the reverie of his meditation, he felt the blackness of the Void ripple, like someone dropped a pebble in a lake. Then came another ripple, and another, and then another. Then came a tidal wave of filth, of an evil so terrible Master Calgar could feel it wash over him like a rampant ocean of bile, coating his bones and staining his very soul. He felt a terrible sickness settle in his stomach, threatening to make the Grand Master of the Jedi keel over and empty his stomach.

Master Calgar's eyes shot open and he gasped for air, clean air. Anything to melt the ball of ice he felt in the pit of his stomach. His breath came in shudders. This was not the first time he had felt these tides of darkness through the Force.

-----

"You are fighting with your body. Get your mind's in the fight as well, or you will die." the tall and muscular Jedi Guardian said in a calm but sharp tone that commanded respect. The smaller Younglings, and even some of the larger ones, flinched at their teacher. Guardian Alester al'Saern walked an orbit around the training chamber. The class was split in to two groups, the juvenile students and the less-skilled students training on practice drones while the older and more advanced students used stun-sabers on one another.

"Battle is a turbulent sea. You are a heron trying to stay afloat. You will sink and you will die unless you can remain centered; the only way to do that is to meditate in the midst of battle. Focus." Alester stood front and center, reaching out with his mind, meditating whilst he observed the class before him, all details but those he chose to comprehend faded into blackness. Alester's eyes tightened as he felt a powerful ripple echo through the blackness, then came the tide that brought the Guardian to his knees, gripping his head in agony, hissing through his canine fangs.

-----------

"Master Calgar?" a deep voice called out to the Grand Master as he walked down the Grand Halls of the Jedi Temple. Calgar turned, his hands crossed within his wide sleeves.

"Yes, Guardian al'Saern? How may I help you?" Calgar turned around. He knew the powerful energy the young man emitted, he had a bright future, indeed. Almost a master with a saber and very powerful in the ways of the Force. The only thing keeping him from being a Master was that fire that Master Calgar and Master Dellum saw in those eyes, in his soul. Still, with all of the sheer power that Master Calgar could feel, he still had to get used to looking up at the young man.

"Master... I... I was meditating.... and.... I... felt something. Something terrible..." Alester bowed his head to his superior, hands folded behind his back. Calgar's eyes widened for a moment.

"Walk with me, Guardian." Calgar commanded. "I too have felt such things, for days; weeks, even...." he paused, scratching his chin. "Have you told anyone else about what you felt?" Alester nodded slowly, keeping in stride with the Grand Master.

"Yes, Master. Only one person." Alester's voice was calm and reserved, the epitome of Jedi serenity. Calgar's own mask of calm faltered momentarily as he glanced sideways at Alester.

"Master Dellum, am I correct?" Calgar inquired clamly, quirking an eyebrow. Alester simply nodded. It was incredible, that young man's loyalty. It bordered on boyish and foolish.

"Others have come to me, Guardian. Others that have felt this acute disturbance in the Force. The Senate and the Republic are spread too thin over the reconstruction efforts, but these disturbances are too foul and too powerful to go unchecked..." Calgar stopped and turned to face Alester.

"I want you to lead the team I am ordering out to investigate the planets that have been going dark." Calgar said in a voice firm enough to make Alester's teaching tone sound soft as wool.

"Master?" Alester's brows furrowed. Calgar simply nodded.

"With every disturbance we have felt, a planet has gone dark; no communications and no ship has returned from their space --" Calgar stopped when he saw Alester's mouth open. "You still do not understand, Guardain?"

"Not about the mission, Master, but why I am to lead. Master Ninat or Master Dellum, or..."

"Alester, I chose you becuase if you succeed, you will prove that you overcame your nature and you will be named Master al'Saern"

------

It was dark now, but Coruscant was kept in a perpetual twilight by the endless sea of lights. Alester stood before a wide pane of the periferal window that made the Council Conferance room on one of the Temple spires. Master Calgar had made all of the arrangements. He had called up all of those who had admitted feeling that disturbance, those few the he could trust with something so crucial. Alester stood there, his hand folded at the small of his back, face pensive as he watched the endless treams of ships ferry in and out of his vision. Calgar had also given Alester two dossiers on individuals outside the temple. Mercenaries; they had their uses, but Alester did not have to like them.

The hour was drawing nearer... Everyone would be arriving soon.

Yoruyonaka
03-20-2010, 08:28 AM
The dark abyss was immense, mesmerizing, unfathomable. A ship zipped across its dark reaches. Its course set at full speed. A rocket that pierced the heavens. The planet Coruscant came into view finally. The pilot gave a fanged grin at its sight. Its been at least ten years for Jedi Master Zrina Ninat to meet with the Jedi. She had one reason and reason only. The dark side was moving once again. The pressure that nearly knocked her out of a tree on one of her visits to her home world Pandora. Being a Na'vi in the presence of trees, the shock was like being kicked hard in the stomach. After sending a communication to Master Calgar of the presence, he replied asking her to return to Coruscant. Without a word she sped on.

The Jedi temple came into view as Zrina's ship passed buildings and other ships along the way. Many other ships arrived as well. She wasn't surprised that others sensed this chaotic fluctuation. Its been so long since the dark side of the force came into the picture. The ship landed softly on an open spot as Zrina glanced around. Some new additions to the temple were added. New faces as well as old. Being one of the few Jedi elders, time really didn't mean as much as it did to others. With the engine off, she opened the hatch and stepped out into the Coruscant light.

"Actually miss it every time," Zrina said smiling as she looked around. "Except for the part when things seem to get even more high tech."

She walked forward, passing some mercenaries and other Jedi. From what she learned, the young pup Alester was to lead the mission. She didn't object, because it wasn't her place to argue. Arguing was meaningless when Calgar ordered something. Zrina wouldn't stop to think how the lad would look like after a decade. Calgar told her to meet with him at the Council Conference room. She gave a fanged grin. Let's see this new Jedi Guardian.

Her appearance was like all Na'vi, tall and blue skinned, darker lines scattered her skin, and florescent lights that dotted her skin. Zrina also wore her Na'vi robes, made specially by the new tribal priestess. They covered her chest. but let the stomach show. The lower part flowed like a dress to her feet. The other Jedi didn't appreciate her Na'vi custom of bare feet, so she wore sandals. She walked quickly to the Conference room. Some young Jedi and older Jedi she new would greet her on the way, but she could only nod and keep moving.

As Zrina stepped through the doors, she felt a strong presence that didn't resemble Master Calgar. The man stood looking out the conference room window. He was large and muscular. Flowing hair the fell to his shoulder blades. Zrina knew immediately by the scent, he wasn't human. He smelled like a dog.

"Aaah," Zrina announced entering the middle of the room. "I cant believe how much a young pup like you has changed, Alester. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

She grinned has Alester turned to her. The boy had definitely turned into a man.

Auki
03-20-2010, 10:24 AM
The Twi'lek sat in the center of her room, a thin blanket underneath to separate her bare legs from the cold floor. It was silent. She was still. Her eyes were closed, her expression blank, her mind adrift yet more focused than ever. Plants lined the windowsills, most from planets Ree had never visited, an assortment of impossible hues and shades, with vines that trailed for unbelievable lengths down the wall. They were not there for aesthetic purposes; She used them in her meditation. Green fingers sat intertwined on her lap, creasing the thin, brown fabric that covered her abdomen - She never wore Jedi robes in private, instead preferring lighter clothing. Inappropriate in public, it gave her the sense of freedom, of being unburdened. She disliked the heavy material forced upon her by custom.
Still, it is our way of life...

Although her face remained expressionless, she was irritated to find her mind had wandered; Something that would prove dangerous if she let it become habit. It was unusual for her not to have complete control over where her attention was being directed... Today, however, things were stirring.

Breathing deeply, calmly, she focused on the task at hand. Separating her fingers, she stretched her arms out to either side, palms facing outwards. Her mind reached out, feeling the other lifeforms in the room, caressing them but not interfering with them. This was not something she wished to rush - Terrible things could happen when one got impatient with the Force. The beads that adorned her Lekku, currently hanging freely down her back, chimed as she lowered her head. Ree could always concentrate better when looking downwards. Although with her eyes closed, there did not seem to be any benefits, she found it calming. Her hands moved inwards a couple of millimetres.

The motion's effects could be observed via the plants that decorated the room, their vines and leaves now lifted, suspended horizontally in the air. They criss-crossed over the room, arching through the air around her, seemingly floating with no support. She altered their path a multitude of times, forming an array of patterns, their lengths forever moving, all in harmony with each other. The practice soothed her. Each vine required a different amount of power to keep it lifted and a different amount of control to keep her from breaking it - Her mind worked to find a balance for the hundreds around the room. Bending her fingers slightly, she held her current position, and that of the plants', for a few minutes, not allowing her mind to slip to more frivolous matters. She was not worried about being disturbed - No-one ever interrupted her meditation.

Only a selected few had ever seen her handling the Force and the majority of their viewings had occurred on the battlefield - Ambushes and the like where there had been no time for alternatives. She had put her personal memories of conflict to rest a long time ago, dealing with the guilt. Any who attempted to praise her offensive power in the Force were met with icy stares and silence - It was not something she deemed as admirable. She allowed the vines to return to their original position against the wall before slowly opening her eyes. Her gaze travelled over the room - As much as she disliked to admit it, she did enjoy the rainbow of colours the plants displayed. They were beautiful in a sense, something even she could appreciate. After all, the world lacked many examples of true beauty.

---

Although the clothes underneath were tight and fitted, the robe itself hung loosely, masking her curves and rippling around her feet as she walked. She was more than glad of its presence, unflattering as it was, considering her species reputation. The clubs on Coruscant proved especially bad on confirming the stereotype. Ree was glad to have elevated herself above that standard, remaining unsure how an exotic dancer could truly be happy with their life. There were some perspectives she knew she would never understand.

She walked with an innate grace, her face stony, her hands clasped behind her and her head held high. Although not particularly tall, she liked to give off the illusion of great height. Respect could carry you a long way in their society.
...Although if any ever discovered her reason for being there that day, her renown might be dented - Just her presence suggested she had doubt in the Senate. Perhaps she did...

She came to a stop outside the specified Conference room, taking a deep breath. She doubted that once she entered, she would be able to turn back.

Sigma
03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
A young boy around sixteen of age was on his way to the Council Conference room at the request of Master Calgar. telling the boy he was not alone when he felt a dark ripple in the force, that something dark has risen. at first, he felt relief that he was not the only one. however, he felt fear and anxiety in a deep pit of stomach when he was told that he and the group would have to face whatever has caused the disturbance in the force. though he needed to be strong and face this darkness that could threaten the galaxy.

He continued to stroll through the grand hallways of the temple, almost reaching his destination. passing by a few fellow padawans conversing to one another, and a pair of knights looking out the windows watching speeders zipping around the skies.

The young padawan could see the Conference room ahead and ran to the entrance. as he entered, he scanned the room of it's occupants. sighting a few jedi , among was a Fenri, a Na'vi, and a Twi'lek, it seemed he was the only padawan among them. he then proceeded in with a respectful bow to the higher ranking jedi.

Lethe
03-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Planet Coruscant
Medcenter: East Wing
Skin Cloning and Grafting Facilty

The young Twi’lek child had received third degree burns over 70% of her tiny body. Of primary concern was the severe injury to the child’s lekku, or “brain tails”. After suffering such extensive damage to her sensitive lekku, the pride and joy of her people, the young girl was experiencing acute failure to thrive. The fact that the poor child no longer wanted to live was complicating an already dangerous situation. It didn’t help that it had taken far too long to shuttle the injured child to the Medcenter.

“Open your eyes, and look at me, A’huet.” The silver robed Jedi Healer whispered softly to the dying girl. “Look at me, child. We will save your tchun-tchin. I promise that your lekku will be restored. But you must trust me. You must help me.”

Jedi Healer Anry Donovan smiled as the child finally opened her large blue eyes. Still making eye contact with the girl, the healer gently embraced the Force and ever so slightly began to probe the wounds along the surface of the Twi’lek’s skin. The damaged muscle could be repaired. Sizable sheets of the child’s skin had already been cloned and could be surgically grafted in such a manner that the tiny scars would not be visible without the aid of magnification. But unless A’huet decided that her young life was worth living, all would be lost.

“My arms hurt, but I… can’t feel my lekku.” The child whispered.

Anry nodded. “I was unable to remove all of the pain. But I know you are a very strong little girl.”

It would be unwise to completely sedate the child at this time. Anry needed her to be alert; to not lose consciousness and slip into oblivion. She spoke in soft soothing tones. “You must trust me. Your lekku will be whole and lovely once more. You will soon be able to see your family again. You will grow up to be strong and beautiful.”

As the young girl’s eyes began to fill with hope, the Jedi Healer reached out to the ubiquitous power of the Force, and then delicately transferred a portion of this energy into the body of the wounded girl. With each passing second, the child grew stronger until her skin cells were once again able to enter a cycle of growth and repair. Before the Jedi’s eyes, new skin began to form around the Twi’lek’s tiny head tentacles.

“I can feel them!” The girl gasped excitedly. “My lekku hurt but I can feel them again!”

Anry carefully reduced the flow of healing energies from the Force until it was a mere trickle. The team of physicians and medical personnel in the adjoining room could take things from here. The girl would need to stay hospitalized for several days and would require skin grafts on her hands, arms, and one of her legs, but by the time she was discharged, no one would be able to guess that she had once been horribly injured. It was an indescribable feeling to be able to help an injured child in this manner.

“A’huet, it is time for me to go now. Everything will be fine. You are safe now child.”

--------------------------------

An hour later, the silver haired Jedi Healer took her seat among the others in the Jedi Conference chamber. She understood this to be a meeting of some importance. Anry glanced around the room, making note of the various other individuals who were present, many of whom were recognized as being strong in the Force. She wondered why she had been among those summoned. Her services were typically only required for significant traumas, or suspected plague outbreaks in backwater planetary systems that had substandard medical capabilities.

Lord Tully
03-20-2010, 06:34 PM
When Karkin felt the strong push of the Dark side, he whipped around and ignited his saber, he was in a crowd of people who all scattered as the Jedi drew his weapon. He could feel nothing beyind the initial ripple, so he deactivated the saber, but did not put it away entirely, "I need to report this." he whispered to himself as he ran in the opposite direction he was going towards the Temple. He had to borrow a speeder to get there quickly, but when he arrived he rushed to Master Calgar, when he arrived at the conferance room he had been told about he opened to door and saw all the other Jedi, "I see I'm not the only one who felt it," He bowed to the Grand Master, "Master Calgar, I request permission to join what ever investigation team you plan to send. I'd like to see this threat for myself."

Security of Mem
03-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Raven sat on the roof. He held a picture in his hands. There was something exciting about these kind of jobs. The jobs of being seen and unseen. He had been watching the girl for some time. It was always good for a smuggler to know his schedule not his objective. Raven played with his tongue in his mouth for a moment. Sitting on his shoulder was a black bird the size of an eagle. It was rather odd to see one so big.

Raven stared at his partner for a moment. And stroked down its feathers. And then his eyes glazed back to the beautiful young girl. She was blue skinned and beautiful. With long tentacles like that of hair. She wore a beautiful flowing gown and her eyes were line by a certain kind of blue makeup. Raven could see the reasons why this woman was wanted by his client. King was well known for adoring beautiful woman of all races. It appeared this one was precious because she told King no.

Raven wondered what woman wouldn't want to dazzle in jewels and explicit sexual desires of a king. Sounded more like a glorious life then any other life. It sounded as if she'd be able to get what she wanted. Consume what she wanted and be anything she wanted. Raven quickly found out the girl was the noble cliche of a woman and had a sick father. Because really what was the weak to her. He'd died and she'd be miserable. Or she had the option of him dying and her living fully and far more beneficial.

"But you my partner were dying once and a man took you in," the black bird spoke.
Raven stared at his partner for a moment. True as this was. It was far from the truth. Raven had crossed miles bleeding along the desert till he too was anemic and dry like the mile of sands. He had shown a will to live well this girls father had showed the will of death. Raven stroked the picture of the girl with his black painted nails. And took a moment as he stared into the black birds beady red eyes.

"True that be, that you showed a will to live," the black bird paused and seemed to form a smirk, "Shall we get ourselves a king and his woman."
Raven knew what this meant. Schedule was done and now the objective was known. Every bit of the girls time was located and figured out. Even Raven knew where he had to be. The girl worked a small pharmacy. And late in the afternoon, where the streets were quiet she was alone. The black bird found himself at the front door. The blue skinned beauty stared at the bird.

"Now where did you come from?" she asked.
And from the back door as stealthy as mice would be. Raven found himself behind the girl. The bird squawked and ruffled his feathers. His eyes seemed to gleam and so did Raven's. He injected the girl with a sleeper. And made sure to catch for he didn't want damaged goods. The two strangers disappeared through the shadows of the alleyway and made way to their ship
Uccello.

And from their they piped in the location of their king to ship off the girl. The girl had been asleep and perfectly handled well. Tied up fine and watched by bird eyes alone. When she awoke she was surprised and frightened of course. As they all were. She stared at the bird, but more importantly Raven could feel her stare at the base of his neck. So he turned around took a look at her as well.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked.

"We're taking you to a beautiful castle...milady," mocked the black bird.

"The bird talks," she said.

"That I do, that I do," the bird said.

Raven looked at his partner and his partner back at him. They took a moment a bird eye for a human eye. And the bird just cackled in its obvious croak. They seemed to smile at one another and seemed to be ready each others minds. The girl probably didn't know what was going on.

"My partner thinks you are strange for a girl," the bird said, "Why you have mercy for the weak, pathetic we both think...if your father was thrown out into the streets we'd surely think he wouldn't live."

"My father is the strongest person alive," the girl said.

"My she talks so proudly of a man who has the will and soul of death," the bird said.

"Who are you by any chance?" she asked.

The birds feathers seemed to strut out and Raven's cloak seemed to pick a form of darkness. Both eyes gleamed and both stared at the girl with such an intimidating look she was paralyzed by the fear and intensity of such both.

"We are Raven," the bird said all though his voice was slightly different from earlier less croaky like a chronic smoker, and like that of multiple people speaking.

The girl seemed to stay silent after such a feet. Technically, cargo wasn't suppose to be looked at nor spoken too. But then this was their form of amusement and entertainment. In reality they preferred to entertain their guest with outspoken riddles of fear and outlandish bits of insight. The bird seemed odd for he had taken on the habits of smoking and drinking. An odd sight for a bird. But his partner the young man, appeared quiet as night. And he seemed much more carrying and much more gentle.

The girl may have seen this as a sign of weakness.

"You seem so kind," she told Raven himself, "Why are you with such a beast?"

Both the bird and Raven seemed very cross with such a question. At first the bird just laughed in his odd chronic smoker way.

"She is a very funny girl," the bird said.

"He's only using you, I know you were captured by this shape shifting bird and forced to smuggle me," she said, "I understand, but you can make things right..."

She saw as the bird and the young man got darker. The bird stared at her with such intensity she couldn't much control the flow of her speech. Both seemed stark and angry at the idea.

"Don't you dare speak to us like that again or the king will get bruised cargo," the bird said in that sort of multiple voices way.

They found their few hours of travel to the neighboring planet much longer. Though the girl may have learned her lesson. And she stayed silent throughout the rest of the ride. The ship landed itself where they were to meet the "client". To get their money and go. They escorted the girl out. The young man again with much kinder hands then the feathers of the bird.

They met up with their client dressed in clothes to disguise himself of such adultery. And as they got their money they made their way back to Uccello. And as they began their way of traveling they gotten a certain beep. And a message was displayed. A time, a location, and a reason all written down in one message. And both partners stared at each other eye to eye. A bird eye for a human eye. It seemed peculiar. Maybe they were trying to capture them. But maybe there was more to this. Both partners smirked. And the raven began to cackle as if it were two in one person.

-----

Planet Coruscant

The partners walked along well designed halls. It seemed rather odd for them to be here. Since they had no experience with the jedi. Well other then probably trying to capture. Whichever the jedi were dead and they still alive which was apparent.

Raven seemed oddly dressed for this planet. He wore a cloak that was so black and soft it might as well of have been bird pelt. The designs on it were all tribal, like that of an uncivilized bandit. The bird itself was larger then most had seen. And had animated movements like that of human being. Especially since it was late time and the bird was taking shots of tequila. Which Raven stared at disapprovingly.

"Not my fault," the bird said, "I just felt I should get ready for a party."

Raven found the location, he checked the time, and stared at the door. A conference room. A well designed door. A strange occurrence. He placed his hands on the door for a moment. Stroked the door and then opened it. He stared at the room. There were other people. And another blue skin. But this one actually did have hair, not tentacles.

"Oh dear god another blue skinned woman," the black bird said, "She's tall all right."

Raven stared at his partner.

"Oh sorry, we're Raven...and I'm drunk a bit been having tequila all morning, its all right though my partner is fine and not drunk...so he will be the coherent one yeah," the bird said.

DB.
03-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Boredom was a small word compared to what Vincent was feeling. Sitting on a small crate in the cargo hold, looking up at the roof of the transport ship, or the ground, depending what way you look at it since the cargo was the lowest deck, wasn't exactly what most people would call fun. But he had been summoned for a job, and the cargo hold was the cheapest way to get there, to get to Coruscant.

Vincent slowly twirled the blaster in his hand as he sighed, knowing that the ship would land soon, and he was right.

The ship rumbled as it descended into the docks and the door opened. Dock workers soon began to unload the crates and payed Vincent no mind as he walked out.

He holstered his weapon and proceeded to walk towards the Jedi temple, not knowing why he was hired. The city was thick with people, but at least it wasn't as bad as Nar-Shaddaa.

He soon reached the Jedi temple's conference room, and walked in.

Ryudo
03-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Trent Dellum walked in between the rows of knights as he examined their form, with each step he took long deep breaths, slowing his heart beat to nearly a standstill. Trent moved toward the front of the room, the knight’s eyes did not follow him, but instead remained deeply concentrated on their own task. At that very moment, twenty young men and women, some of the most promising Jedi in the galaxy, were focusing on a single droplet of water.

“You are not here to lift a drop of water, nor are you here to understand a drop of waters place in the galaxy. Those things are already a part of your mind, when you see the water droplet you see it in a way that few else in the galaxy do, and though that is impressive it is not the last stage of your training.” Trent paused, a small smile stretched across his face, “In truth, we are never finished training, for we cannot finish learning.” All across the room heads of the knights nodded, Trent proceeded speaking, his Drell larynx and hyoid bone gave his voice a certain power and resonance that many politicians and speakers envied,

“Today, I will aid you in learning a new way of viewing the force. It is my goal that, when you leave, you will have learned a new way to view the way you utilize the force.” Trent lifted his hands, drawing complete focus on himself,

“Now, When you lift that droplet of water from the earth, whether you know it or not, the earth still has control over it. Even as it is suspended in the air that droplet conforms to the pull of gravity, and you are not truly in control of it. In order to lift that droplet, to truly move it, you must remove it not from the ground but from the grounds pull. Though this is only the beginning of your new understanding, the underlying goal of this lesson is to reveal to you exactly what acts upon an object, even when you control it. Begin.”

Trent watched and meditated as the knights went about their task, this training exercise had always been one of his favorites since Trent himself had been a knight, and whenever he became stressed or distracted he could always count on it to calm him and help center himself. After watching the knights struggle for nearly a half hour Trent called their attention and began his own demonstration. Lifting the water droplet, he began to spirit it away from the pull of gravity and in doing so the droplet began to transform into a perfect sphere.

As Trent began to finish his task he felt a tremor rock through his body. The water droplet, along with Trent, suddenly crashed to the ground. Laying on the floor Trents head swam with a million voices and an untouchable darkness. For a while Trent laid on the ground, motionless as the aftershocks rolled over his body. Once the waves had passed, with the help of the other knights, Trent staggered back to his feet. All around him he sensed others reacting to the same tremors he had experienced. Though he couldn’t tell exactly how many people had experience the same great force he had, Trent knew that something terrible had occurred. Once Trent had found his feet beneath him he set out to convene the masters and discuss what had occurred.

-----------------------------------------

Trent was the last one to enter the conference room, he nodded solemnly at those who stood before him, and gave a brief smile to Alester. Though there was very little to smile about, Trent had to acknowledge the fact that his apprentice was finally going to be able to prove himself, something that Alester had more than earned. The young man showed more promise than anyone Trent had ever met, and now it was Alester’s chance to show the rest of the galaxy his power and his courage.

Taking a seat when appropriate Trent then waited for his once apprentice to take command.

StormWolf
03-22-2010, 04:36 AM
The automatic doors slid open behind Alester, and an all-too-familiar voice filled his ears. He would not admit it, but he had sorely missed Zrina, sometimes in ways he knew the Jedi Order frowned upon and forbid. He turned to look at her, his eyes meeting hers, a shy and downtrodden smile lightly tugged the corners of Alester's mouth. Remembering his place, he bowed his head to her,

"I see you, Master Zrina Ninat. Welcome back." Alester straightened his back again, looking her in the eyes, forcing himself to look her in the eyes and not let his gaze wander.

"It has been some time, yes. Ten years, thirteen days. I encourage you to remember that I am no longer that timid boy you took such great joy in teasing. I am a Jedi Guardian now, Zrina, and Master Calgar has appointed me to lead." Alester closed the gap slowly, walking closer to her.

"Still, horrible teasing aside, I --" The Guardian was cut off by the door opening again, this time a Twi'lek entering the room. Ree'teksa, one of the strongest users of the Force he had ever seen. Still, in Alester's lifetime, he had only seen her use her power for healing and easing the pain of the infirm. It was hard to imagine her causing any kind of destruction or harm to anyone. Alester bowed to Ree'teksa, the joy he had from seeing Zrina again faded into a stony face of Jedi resolve.

"Welcome, Master Reek'teksa." the Guardian said flatly with the controlled serenity that the Jedi prided themselves on. It was not long before the door opened again, but Alester did not expect to see a boy. Alester's brow furrowed in a mild frown. This was no place for a padawan. More people started to pour in, now. The other fabled Jedi Healer, Anry Dovonan, had joined them. Two of the temple's strongest healers... just how much punishment was the Grand Master expecting. Master Calgar was in the room, even though not in person. A blue, translucent holographic image of him stood in a corner of the room. A young zabrak entered the room, immediately going to the holographic image of Master Calgar, who just nodded acceptance to the boy's request.

The next two people to enter the room were the type that made Alester's skin crawl. Lawbreakers; sewers of discord and anarchy. When the mercenary entered, his scent made unpleasant memories, memories best left forgotten. The Merc reeked of Nar Shadda. The Guardian was on the verge of audibly growling and lashing out at the smuggler and the merc, but the next entry stayed Alester's hand and tongue. His master, Trent Dellum, entered and offered a small smile to Alester, one that he tried to return despite the circumstances.

"Welcome, Master Dellum." Alester bowed to his old master, a man whom Alester saw as the closest thing he had to a father. Clearing his throat, Alester walked to the center of the room and stood there, the lights dimming and a holographic display of the galaxy filling the room.

"Those of you who are Force-sensitive, you know why we are here.... for the two that are not truly aware, allow me to enlighten you." Alester walked around the galaxy slowly, hands clasped at the small of his back. The Guardian's voice was commanding and hard, thought not as dominating as his master's could be at times. Alester remembered Trent disciplining him, and that Alester's sensitive ears were ringing for a week.

"For the past week or two, Grand Master Calgar has been feeling powerful disturbances in the Force. It was only recently that others could feel it, too. Those who can feel it, are those in this room." As Alester talked, cross-hairs appeared on at least three Outer Rim planets. There was an obvious pattern. The planets with the corss-hairs on them were increasing in number, and each one happened to be closer to Republic space.

"What has been causing these disturbances in the Force in not yet known, but we can only assume the worst. All we know is that they are connected with these planets going completely dark." Alester waved his hand in the air once, the holographic display fading away and the lights coming back on.

"Our mission is simple. Go to these planets and investigate, assist the population if we can, in any ways possible. Hopefully, we can find what has been doing this and put a stop to it." Alester stood before the congregation, his stance confident and strong, that of a leader. Truth be told, he did not feel the same on the inside. He was.... afraid. Afraid of being shamed, of shaming his master, shaming the other masters.... afraid of failing.

"Any questions? We will be leaving as soon as this briefing comes to a close."

Yoruyonaka
03-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Zrina smiled again to Alester. Yes, he had grown into adulthood, however, he was still shy around her. Like the times he first arrived, he didn't understand what he was seeing. Coruscant brought a new light and hope to the boys eyes when Zrina first saw him. Master Dellum was the one to be his Master, which she did not reject to. Having a padawan was never really her way. As she saw Alester grew a little older and understand to speak the language and control his temper more, she could see a shyness in him. Especially when she was around. After he greeted her, he was about to say more to her, but others started to arrive.

"We can talk later, Alester, you must lead us first," Zrina said. "Glad to see you brushed up on Na'vi culture."

She stepped to the side to allow for the others to circle around Alester. None of the others surprised her who entered except the padawan. However, Calgar knew who should be chosen, so she didn't bring it up. A smuggler entered with a raven. It spoke of her in a rude manner that made her glare. Then Master Dellum entered which she nodded in acknowledgment. So everyone was here, Alester began to inform the group of the mission. As suspected, Zrina knew the disturbance in the force was a dark one, but, she didn't know what was happening to different planets. Her yellow eyes flickered. Whatever was happening, would thrust the entire republic back into war.

Zrina smiled at Alester. Briefing well done, however, where's the first step?

"May I ask," Zrina questioned Alester. "Where the search will begin?"

She peered at Master Calgar's hologram as he glanced to her. Her tail curved slightly around her leg. What worried her, was the dark side awakening once again. Zrina had seen first hand at it's horrors. At the time when she herself was a padawan, and even when she was a Guardian like Alester. Once again, the Jedi would fight. Once again, many will die. Once again, Zrina would hate every bit of it.

Lord Tully
03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Karkin bowed lightly to Master Calgar in thanks and sat to listen to Alester tell them their mission. He inconspicuasly eyed all the others in the room, Karkin felt truely humbled to be in the presence of so many powerful Jedi, Master Zrina and the healers would be helpful, although two healers that powerful was a bit over-kill, he was also unsure about bringing a Padawan along on such a potentiallty dangerous mission but the boy was old enough, and this was a chance to prove himself. One thing he did want to object to was the smuggler and the mercenary, he would definitly keep an eye on those two. When the time came for questions he stood to ask Alester and asked with military seriousness, "Master Alester, do we have any idea of what to expect? A ripple that strong has to mean something big, what should we prepare for?"

Security of Mem
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
The two partners took a seat and stared at the man. They listened to the briefing. Quite convincing and quite the words for a man. The bird found himself running out of tequila though. And couldn't find himself anything to smoke either. A bird eye took a moment to look into the human eye.

"Very long movie," the bird said, "But I'm running out of snacks."

Raven stared at his partner. Raven took his fingers to his own neck and rubbed it. Unseen scars by his up collar. The bird knew this message and knew this message all to well. Though the bird was a little half past drunk to really be coherent enough.

The bird kawed for a moment and cleared his throat. He stared at the man briefing them a bird eye for a jedi eye. And he took a moment gaining his ground.

"I be speaking for my partner, mind you a little drunk hic," the raven said, "But we are criminals. Do we get anything out of this? Like let's say freedom."

Alester folded his hands at the small of his back, looking the man and the bird straight in the eye. "You will be granted a full pardon and a substantial reward." The Jedi Guardian said flatly. It was obvious that the young Fenri man had very little tolerance for criminals.

"You have a very nice set of robes there too, just wanted to tell you that hic," the bird said. Alester clearer his throat and shifted his feet.

Raven shot a look to his partner.

"Right and um, what was it again..." the bird looked at his partner.

Raven frowned a bit.

"Oh yeah...er, uh....why do you need us non jedi folk?" the bird said. Alester nodded. This was a good question to answer.

"It is common knowledge that people in your lines of work have contacts that even the Jedi do not, or will not, have. Individuals and organizations that tend to sell information just as much as slaves or drugs. Should bad come to worse, your connections will be needed." Alester looked around the room, surveying everyone before returning his gaze to the bird. "Besides, Jedi are not permitted to use blasters, but we know that are handy in a fight."

Raven put his hands over his face for a moment. Almost embarrassed by the outcome of questions. Raven gave his partner a look like, this is why you shouldn't drink.

"Also, this ain't some sort of trick," the bird said, "Like you say come with us, and then you like handcuff us?" Alester made a frustrated grunt of a sigh and folded his arms in front of his broad muscular chest,

"I will only place you under arrest if you do something that endangers the mission, despite my personal beliefs."

The bird took a moment and then laughed at the man for a moment. The bird stared at him his eyes seemed to gleam. And so did Raven's.

"You think for a second, that those with connection wouldn't know we were working for jedis," the bird said almost sounding again as if two people were talking, "You jedi have stink about you. A stench. And if they had already seen the ships landing. If they heard jedi had been asking the same questions as us. They'd become extremely suspicious. Do you jedi think for a moment? What is so important that you need to have these connections? And what happens if we decline your offer and refuse to help? You going to arrest us. We could cut you into pieces far before you could wield your lightsaber. Don't play games Jedi."

Raven stroked his hands across a piece of his thin fish wire. Webs were his specialty. But only if the Jedi would appear as threat to them. Only then. The bird took a moment both partners stared at each other and then at the Jedi.

With a growl of a sigh, Alester closed his eyes and raised his hand idly, an invisible noose going around the smuggler's neck and tightening, reducing the flow of air and blood to a mere trickle, jsut enough to allow the man to breathe with severe difficulty, bordering on asphysxiation.

"I don't play games, smuggler. Know that you are in our hands. You attack one of us, you attack all of us. If you refuse to assist, I will let you leave, but threats will be dealt with. If you choose not to partake, you will fly until the law catches you, but I will not arrest you." Alester drew his fingertips closer to his palm, tightening the grip.

"Since your kind only seems to understand force and money, let me put it this way: You help us and you get pardoned from your crimes and you get paid generously. Resist, you get niether money nor freedom, but you made an enemy out of me. The choice is yours." Alester dropped his hand, the fetter around Raven's neck vanishing

Raven could feel the air leave him. And brief memories of childhood wondering through the desert came to his senses. Most of the words the man spoke were non existent. He could barely even concentrate much on the words. All he could remember was a child gliding on desert and every step blood trailed him.

The bird squawked.

"How dare you!" the bird croaked, "How dare you!"

The noose around his neck disappeared and both Raven and the bird sat in the chair. A set of shadows or darkness surrounded them. Both eyes gleamed in cross glares. Raven's more so for he was to remember sands he no longer want to see. He placed his hands around his scars on his neck. And took a moment to think.

[co-op Storm and Mem]

Lethe
03-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Jedi Healer Anry Donovan stared unblinkingly at the holographic representation provided by Jedi Guardian Alester al'Saern. Three entire planets had already gone dark? Her mind wanted to rebel, telling her that such horrific events must be impossible. Wasn’t this a time of peace? Hadn’t the Sith been all but eradicated? Isn’t the Jedi Council flourishing? The Jedi academy was nearly overflowing with brilliant young students. Many considered this time to be a Golden Era of wisdom and peace. How could such a thing happen on their watch? How many beings on those planets had come to harm? The enormity of the situation astounded her. Her entire worldview changed dramatically in a matter of a few seconds.

At least this did explain one thing. What was being currently discussed was most likely the source of her recent series of disturbing dreams. Looking away from the hologram, she turned her head to bring her full attention to the young man who had been addressing them.

“Our mission is simple. Go to these planets and investigate, assist the population if we can, in any ways possible. Hopefully, we can find what has been doing this and put a stop to it.”

Although the vision behind their mission sounded simple, in reality who knew what their small team would be up against? This meeting wasn’t about discussing small factions, terrorist groups, or intermittent political unrest. No, the purpose of this newly formed team was to find out what had darkened three entire planets. And then they were to somehow put an end to the appalling events snowballing in their direction.

The Jedi Healer wished that she felt half as confident as their leader appeared. Her mind was numb from the shock of the news she had just assimilated. By the time the Jedi Guardian opened the floor for questions, her mouth was so dry that she could barely work up enough saliva to say her own name, let alone formulate an intelligent sounding question. She inhaled slowly, drawing upon years of training to still her wavering emotions.

Jedi Master Zrina Ninat was the first to speak up, asking where their search would begin. It was a valid question. Anry assumed that they would be leaving immediately. She would have to let her colleagues in the Coruscant Medcenter know that she would require an indefinite leave of absence.

Auki
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Ree’teksa inclined her head slightly to Alester’s greeting, her eyes flickering between him and the Na’vi. She had obviously interrupted something although she remained silent as she glided past them both. She took a spot at the opposite end of the room where she could readily observe those entering, struggling to hide her distaste when mercenaries appeared. There was obviously a plan for combat. She just hoped she was not dragged into it.
Although, currently specialising in the art of Healing, she had no passion for the subject. The only reason any would call her skilled was due to her power in the Force, not her talent in the area. She was level-headed in battle and able to defend herself – Abilities she had developed in her combat training that proved useful in her current specialisation - but treating diseases and the like did not interest her – If any such ailments were contracted, she would allow Anry to take full responsibility.

A small part of her mind urged her to help fight – She silenced it in a heartbeat. The thrill of battle was not worth the guilt of afterwards. Unless she was ensured her opponent had a fair chance against her, she would refuse to lift a finger against their enemies. Any complaints would have to be dealt with at an appropriate time.

The room had filled relatively quickly. Her eyes trailed back to Zrina and the Fenri – They stood perhaps an inch too close to each other. Maybe she was being foolish; if something did materialise, however, she would not hide her disapproval. Such feelings do not belong here…No, not at all… Her gaze wandered over Trent before she looked away, a fraction too quickly, Not at all. Alester thankfully drew her attention from her thoughts as he stepped forward. Her expression remained void of emotion, hopefully unreadable to those around.

She listened to his briefing, observing the way he walked and spoke with a critical eye, and stayed silent as others asked questions at the end and received their replies. When a gap formed in the conversation, she stepped forward, meeting Alester’s gaze firmly. In truth, there were many things she could ask but she did not want to hold up the mission. The majority of them could wait for a later date; only the most relevant needed voicing now. If her tone was cold, it was not intentional.

“How aware are the Senate of our plans?”

Alester sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. He knew this question would have been asked sooner or later. That didn't make the answer any easier. "The Senate knows that Master Calgar wishes for a formal investigation. They are otherwise ignorant of this operation..."

Ree’teksa’s tone turned darker, "The Senate are not fond of people going behind their backs - If we're going to do this, we need to make it worthwhile. Are you sure you have the expertise to lead this mission? Without sounding insulting, I must inform you, I do not have the time to waste on amateurs."

The Jedi Guardian straightened his back and shifted his feet, his face unchanging except for that slight furrowing of his eyebrows.

"I did not volunteer you lead this mission, master. Know that. I recommended others over myself, but Master Calgar chose me, and I will not question his authority." He squared his shoulders, trying to look as powerful and confident as he could,

"As for my abilities, I have only been defeated by two of the hundreds opponents I have faced in my training, and that is Zrin-... Master Ninat and Master Dellum. Your faith and your respect are duly noted, however.... Master" he finished flatly.

“Asking for your opinion of yourself is hardly a representation of my faith or respect concerning you,” Ree’teksa stated with an air of disappointment at his overly defensive reaction. She had the urge to end her sentence with ‘…idiot’ but she doubted he would appreciate that either. Only a fool flourishes his victories and expects respect. “I rarely judge a person based on rank or achievement. However, if you insist on taking offence to every thing I say…I doubt we’ll get along.”

[Auki & StormWolf: Co-Op]

Zaro
03-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Suddenly the door opens. In walks a man many of the younger jedi may recognize. "I am sorry for the delay", he replies, "a few of the younglings have been having disturbing visions lately and wished me to interpret them". his dark brown eyes, the only things visible from his exotic baclava-hood, crinkled with smile lines. "Just nightmares."

He walks calmly to his place and sits down, and waits patiently for the discussion to continue. He notes the strange man with the bird, whom it seems possess a sentience about it, stragely enough. Not that he hadn't seen stranger in his travels. He also notices the strange look the man gives back to him, for Tsang is wearing the attire of an entirely different order-the loose, flowing pants and sleeves and loose, comfortable yet obviously non-civilian garb of a Teras-Kesai monk. "I assure you sir, I am jedi", he says, without bothering waiting for the question. "I simply find these more convenient for my...combat techniques." The smile lines return as he notes the stranger observing his lighsaberless belt. Let him stay confused. Knowledge will be learned when it is needed, not when it is wanted.

He alone came of his own will to the mission, albeit at almost the exact time that Master Calgar chose to ask him. He had known what Master Calgar had come to speak about before the holo had rang-the fracture. He was one of the few in the academy who could percieve shatterpoints, faultlines in the Force, a web of cracks that one could manipulate, deliberately if one could percieve them, to alter events by the striking the single point that could be the smallest action that controls the fate of the entire event, the object, the planet, the person-everything has a shatterpoint. And Master Tsang could percieve them. And lately, out in the deep of space, he had been tracking a big one.

It had started small, had probably escaped his notice for months, years maybe. But the cracks are growing, faster and more far-reaching every day. Already the thin, spidery cracks of the great shadow shatterpoint had entertwined itself with the shatterpoint-lines, and thus the very fates, of more than half the galaxy. It can no longer be ignored. Whatever is happening in the unknown regions, it must be discovered-and perhaps confronted.

Ryudo
03-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Trent Dellum listened carefully as Alester spoke, his words echoed in the room as much as they bounced around in his mind. Trent couldn’t remember feeling such a strong disturbance in the force for nearly his entire life, and as he thought of the last great disturbance he had felt he began to feel a memory wash over him, he closed his eyes respectfully and let the memory proceed unhindered.

Trent watched as his Master fell to the floor, the smoke that rose from his limp body lifted up to the sky, a last farewell to a world that now seemed very dark. Running over to his Master, Trent wept, the emotions he had spent so long flowing free with the intensity of river dammed for a hundred years.

Emerging from the memory Trent let out a small sigh, total recall of one’s entire life had its ups and downs, but whether the memories were good or bad did not matter, for to Trent they all had a purpose . For most Drell reliving memories is a very noticeable and labor filled task, this was not the case for Trent. In fact Trent had spent a large amount of his time as a young man learning how to control his memories, to the point where today only a person keenly observing him would notice the change. Trent looked up to rejoin the briefing, when he noticed one of the other members of the group, the one he knew as Ree’teksa, give him an interesting look. Trent returned it with a smile of his own and made a mental note that he would like to speak to her at a later time.

When the briefing was finished Trent followed Alester’s instructions, he was ready to discover what had caused the disturbances, and he hoped that the new team could bring about a peaceful end to them.