PDA

View Full Version : Between here and there......(FK and Ecca)

Eccawen
03-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Trudging along the dirt covered road red hair covered in saturation of sweat and dirt. Grime lined the tattered remains of her clothing as bare feet trampled on the uneven surface. Green eyes looking nearly soulless from lack of nutrition as she stumbled upon a rock lodged in the ground. Her hands steadying her fragile frame against a sturdy oak; the forest was well traveled as she glanced around surveying the landscape. Hoof beats were closer and closer as she felt her pulse pick up. The rapid beating made her hands shake as she pushed herself off the tree; standing to her feet the woman walked a few shaky steps crouched down and bowed her head.

That was then…this is now. Open your eyes and look around, Estarila.

She traveled; the very place she laid was soft under her body as her exposed form grimaced in pain. It coursed through her thin frame as she stood. Looking about the park she gripped a blanket that was abandoned on the ground and coiled it about her frame making at least a makeshift dress. Running a hand through her grimy and sweat saturated red mane she once again sighed. This was her life wasn’t it? Waking up in odd places never knowing when the time is ever at an end?

Closing the soulless looking orbs Estarila smirked and moistened her dry and chapped lips; the tip of her tongue soothing the pain as she sat upon the soft grass. She knew finally where she was. In Central Park, New York.

Forgotten_King
03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Just an average day. An average day for an 'average joe'. He never really worried about much, because he had a plan for everything in his life. That's just the way Emanuel was. He new, that when he woke up, he would go shower, brush his teeth, and wash his face. In that order. Nothing, and I mean nothing, interesting ever happened to him. Of course, he would dream, and sometimes day dream of perhaps an adventure, or a romance. But he was then drawn back to his dull life. Work, eat, sleep. Throw in a bit of time on the internet, perhaps some videogames, and a walk in Central Park from time to time, and that was basically his life.

He got dressed. It was his day off today, actually. He was gonna take a walk in the park today. Grabbing his keys, Laptop, wallet, and phone, he sighed, looking at the last of his items. "Really... I don't even know why I have one of these...hardly anyone calls...or texts." He said staring at the sleek phone. He put it in his pocket anyway, and exited his apartment.

As he hit the hustle and bustle of New York life, he inhaled deeply. "I hope something actually happens. Nothing bad...but you know... something." He said as he passed by a few shops, finally making his way to a small corner bodega. As he entered, the man behind the bulletproof glass shouted.

"MANNY! YOU BACK AGAIN!?" The older gentlemen said. He didn't know english too well, but he knew enough to keep up and obviously run his buisness. Everyone who knew Emanuel, or at least on a first name basis, called him Manny. Also, alot of people gave him a tough time. "DON'T YOU THINK IT TIME YOU GET GIRL? HOW OLD YOU? 24? 25?"

"We have this conversation everytime I'm in here..." He said with a sigh. "I'm 29. I have no girl because...well... I don't know." He said, truly knowing that he didn't have a girl because he was deathly shy, and had horrible self esteem issues.

The old man just smiled, "SAME MANNY...ALWAYS SAME." He said ringing Emanuel up for the products he purchased.

"You have a good one... be safe." He said exiting the shop, and heading for the trainstation. He didn't like to admit a few things...even to himself. But he was lonely. He didn't even talk to any girls as friends. He knew that people his age, younger and older, had all expirienced more than him. He had one girlfriend his entire life, and she crushed him. Perhaps thats a reason why as well. Regardless, he was beginning to get lonely.

He stepped onto the train and sat down. He had his cup of coffee in his hand, and set his bag of goodies down near him. Slowly, he sipped the coffee as the train exited the station. No sooner, a poor gentleman, more than likely a homeless man, or a drug addict stumbled up to Emanuel, and sat next to him. He was trying to make conversation with Emanuel, but Manny couldn't tell what the man was saying. His words slurred, his eyes bloodshot. This guy was obviously high. Well, Emanuel never answered, and the gentlemen took it as disrespect. He shouted obscene insults at Manny, shoved him around a bit, and took his coffee. As he walked away, Emanuel spoke, sarcastically, "Oh, yeah... I got that for you... no problem." He shook his head, and got comfy again, letting the bum walk off with his coffee. Manny put some headphones on, and plugged them into his phone/mp3 player. He looked around, and noticed two women, laughing at him for being so pathetic. He sighed, and sat there, until his stop had come.

Finally, he reached his destination. Central Park. Truly, it was beautiful. He liked it because so much happened here, yet, he could also find a nice quiet spot if he wanted to. He walked along, and came to a vendor. Since his drink had been taken, he bought another one, this time, a soda pop. After the mornings events, he wished to find a nice, open and quiet place. So he began to make his way up a small hill in the park, sitting in the field. He pulled out his laptop, and began surfing the web, and writing here and there. He would look up from time to time, to see if anyone would be coming up to him or anything. Around the third time, he noticed a girl, literally appear out of...nowhere. "What the hell..." He thought to himself. The girl looked broken, and beaten. "Oh great...she just looked at me..." He said looking directly at her. He would have felt stupid if he looked away and she said something to him, so he stared on a bit, not knowing what to do. Finally he waved, and looked away, mumbling, "Smooth Manny....really smooth."

Eccawen
03-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome to Central Park.

She stood once more to her feet; her semi soulless eyes glancing at the man that decided to walk towards the vendor. He purchased a funny looking can or cup from the man and she brushed the gleaming red locks from her face. She took a few steps; bruises and jagged cuts showed over her body as other men stopped and gawked at her.

“So Lassie what do’ya have on under the blanket?”

Lassie? Lassie? No one called me such since… Her thought trailed off as she took a few more steps ignoring the man with the almost silver hair. The woman looked at least in her early twenties maybe about twenty-one, perhaps? No one not even herself was sure how old she really was. Estarila shook her head locks danced as she sighed softly closing her soulless orbs she listened to the sweet sound of the birds gleeful tunes; it seemed as if nature herself was in tack with everything around her. Once again the green orbs met the gaze of the man that was watching her like she was a piece of prey. The orbs glistened as she sighed softly.

Taking a few more pain filled steps towards the man the red blanket starting to come loose from the coil that she had tied about her frame. “Help me please…..” Her voice was accented heavily in an Irish over tone. Yet it wouldn’t be possible for a Celt to be so damaged like she was could it? Her green orbs closed once more and her ivory toned flesh was starting to turn pink due to the sun’s harsh rays. One could easily see that she was in need of help any would be better than leaving her defenseless. That is if she is defenseless, honestly in the world now a days one couldn’t tell for sure anymore.

Estarila stay strong, the good Goddess protects you……For you are special……For you are a Traveler