PDA

View Full Version : Need a Playmate or Two.

Stilted
03-20-2010, 03:20 PM
I want a particular style from my partner. If you can give me a comprehensible post and average of four hundred to six hundred words ballpark for each post, and don't mind me only being able to post about four to five times a week at most, you will be fine in my book. Pm, email or topic are fine for me as far as format goes, also.

Granted, I’m somewhat dry on plots, but I have a few ideas which I'll explain below. I'm really open to suggestion. The only thing you would probably have a hard time influencing me to try are highschool roleplays, or anything with teen romance style vampires/demons/youkai.

Comedy Ideas (all of which easily combinable):

1. Girly Style

So I‘m a big fan of girly (http://"http://girlyyy.com") and would like to do a romance with a similar Maniac Pixie Dream Girl/Boy (http://"http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManicPixieDreamGirl") and tsundere (http://"http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/tsudere") dynamic. Gender of characters can be changed to fit your preferences, though prefer a samesex relationship because that’s what I’m familiar with in real life. I’d either like a fantasy setting or modern day realistic, and similar levels of Dadaism to that of Girly can be thrown in, though I don’t recommend it. The dynamic can also be played with, even be made tragic or dark if you like.

2. Slacker Duo

Essentially something in the spirit of the likes of Wayne’s World, Clerks, and Tenacious D.

We’d each play a college student, with one probably being the straight man and other the space cadet. But much more important is that both would either have to start out as your average Joe or a bit of a loser. Even fi they don’t have a past together they would end up becoming roomies, and after a while of getting on each other’s nerves they would eventually feed of each other.

After that, things would probably go into a random events plot of sorts, going on epic quest such as searching for jobs, winning an arcade tournament, getting weed, and getting laid. However, things would get more serious after a point, both probably eventually flunking or dropping out of college. Sense would get knocked into them and would try to make a niche for themselves, opening up a modest business together like restaurant or convenience store.

A good twist would also be them going from a bromance to romance/ girlfriends to girlfriend and girlfriend after a certain amount of character development. However, their dynamic probably wouldn’t change much after becoming life partners.

3. Kishoutenketsu

I‘d like to do a roleplay in a specific format consisting of a series mini scenarios that would last either four or eight post and would be centered around two character, probably friends, rivals or a couple. This would draw upon four-coma comic format, which draws upon Kishoutenketsu* , though it could necessarily have to be comedic. The reasons for this format would be quick gratification, as well as a very NPC and character-driven plot. However, I’d be glad with these all being part of a main plot: an episodic format.

*Kishoutenketsu is a four part story structure. The four parts are introduction (ki), development (shou), turning point (ten), and resolution (ketsu).

Fantasy Ideas

1. Choose Your Own Adventure Style

One player acts as a DM of sorts who controls npcs, and generally describes the world the other player's character. The Dm might ask questions like "which road will you take" or "how to you plan on negociating". Obviously the hero player has bit of imaginative control, such as elaboration on what the DM may have only described vaguely. The object is to mantain a feel of the text adventure games of old like Zork and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

2. Sorcerer’s Apprentice

A wizard finds an orphan and takes pity on the poor child and is housed and even trained by the master. However, one day when the wizard goes out on errands, the apprentice’s curiosity is peaked and s/he uses a left behind wand, runes, or whatever of the wizard. Things go horribly right until the master comes home, making things right, and hoping that the apprentice has finally learned the principal of equivalent exchange and that more practice needs to be done.

Eventually, the apprentice gets better over time and eventually goes solo, having learned most everything on the magical side things necessary. But when s/he starts dabbling in some of the darker arts, the students surpasses the master. Unfortunately, one of the side effects is a lost of control or possibly humanity.

The wizard eventually figures out about this and tries to take responsibility.

3. Crazy Ass Love Triangle

A young noble hold to determine the woman worthy enough to marry him, the one in a particular village with the greatest magical talent. A is chosen and gets quickly attached to her new soon to be husband. Let's just say it was too attached- he got creeped out amoung other things. The wedding was off and the runner up got the privilege, B.

The time of year for a popular pilgrimage arrives, and by chance, A notices B is taking it by chance, and getting the impression the soon to be noble is an unworthy idiot. Hoping for revenge a second chance at the noble via a chance to kill B, A disguises herself and is allowed by B to travel with her.

With personal guards and no particular vendetta against men just doing their jobs, A travels with B for longer than expected, with an opinion somewhat changed because of it, while B gets either the suspicion A is after her life or just plain paranoid. Eventually, B makes it seem like she is vulnerable, but A does not strike, thinking to much of the person to kill her.

Misc:

1. A loose retelling of the fairy tale Tatterhood.

2 Boss Battle Marathon

You ever play games like No More Heroes or Metal Gear Solid, and really appreciate boss characters. Even in their briefness, splendid characterization and development can be done! Essentialy I want to practice on my fighting , adaptively and ability to make characters. You would make the hero, while I’d play the antagonist, essentially. Tone and exact details are up for discussion.

3. Fanfiction
I normally hate fanfiction. Strangely enough, I had go into one particular verse when I was on another now, long dead forum, in order to help keep it alive. This verse was...that of Masashi Kishimoto's manga series Naruto.

Any ties to the main plot of the series would be thin, as the roleplay would simply detail the missions and adventures of a genin and squad and their sensei. The roles would changes between players depending on the scenario between things such as teacher vs students, squad vs. opposition and spotlighted genin vs. love interest/rival/etc. With communication and profiles detailing personality, motivation, and the like, staying in character should not be a problem.

A sort of all OC yugioh based roleplay would be interested, obviously with each playing take on the role of one edge of a rivalry based around the serious buisness of the children's card game. Any era, such as season 1 ( or is it 2?), GX or even 5ds would be fine. Playing for the other character would be fine in order to speed pacing and make it turn by turn, but that obviously means that we would have to have quite the understanding with eachother on the characterization of the rivals.

Eccawen
03-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Let me know what you have in mind I'm open for about anything.

Eldora
03-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm interested in a choose your own adventure type. It's the first kind I was ever involved in as far as RPs go, and it might be fun to dust off some of my old characters.

Miss Devil
03-21-2010, 11:39 PM
I am interested in the crazy ass love tri. :]

Stilted
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Eldora, I'd like to know which role you'd perfer. And also, if you want to be the player, what sort of world yor want to play in. I know I have something typed up that might work well, though when I showed it to Merry Gentry, she said it was more suited for a novel. Kinda restrictive.

Miss Devil, as much I as admire your charisma, I don't think we really work together very well. I remember trying that idea with you before, unexpected stuff being thrown in, and myself getting kerfuzzled to an almost Arthur Dentlike level.

Eldora
03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd prefer to be the player for once. It's not easy being the GM all the time. Lol

I could go for just about any setting, though standard medieval fantasy is what I'm best at. Then again, I could also do with a bit of a challenge. So anything really. I wouldn't want to do something too novel-like though. And you'd do best to save some good plots for yourself in case you do want to write them in that form later.

I have a few old characters in mind that I have been in the mood to revive. They would be perfect for fantasy, but not entirely out of the question for any other genre as long as it had some fantasy element to it. Of course I'm willing to scrap them for now and start from scratch if they don't fit what you have in mind. They are a bit out-of-the-ordinary.

Stilted
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Alright, I'll send the game world I've been wanting to use, as it is very dungeon punk, though I'll probally have to tool the magic a bit.

And me see the characters, maybe see if they would fit my desired game world, or at least one with the same themes. If that isn't so, I'll just try to tailor one specifcally for them. Plus, I really like trying stuff that's more out there.

Levias
03-23-2010, 08:45 PM
STILTED!
What happened to our RP, i put up the OOC a long time ago >=O

Eldora
03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm going to have to bow out, because I'm leaving RPA soon and it would be irresponsible of me to start anything new now.

Stilted
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Okay, probablly should get around to this. Hello, mostely becasue I had a hard time trying to come up with an interesting nurse character that didn't wasn't psycho or meant to bring back memories of the "Hello Nurse!" Animaniacs meme...catchphrase...thingy.