PDA

View Full Version : Red Snow(Cfavano[Brandis] vs. Oni[Chimi])

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 03:37 AM
It was mid-day outside the besieged fortress. And a light snow is falling, the snow on the ground is ankle deep. The field below is thick with fighting. This fight has been a stalemate for weeks, both sides too stubborn to give up.

On a hill overlooking the battle, a lone rider by the name of Brandis, one of the officers of the invading force watches the carnage. He grimaces. If he had been down there, it would be different. His breath comes out in a fog as his horse paws at the snow. He Glaive rests against his shoulder as he turns his horse around and spurs it across the empty countryside back to the main camp. He goes to the ruins of a small village. He feels a sensation in the pit of his stomach. he hitches his horse to a tree, and strides into the village, both hands on his Glaive, and he is ready for combat.

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Chimi was in an abandoned village, her feet numb from walking through the ankle deep snow. She had been going in and out of the houses, looking for anything that she might like, or anything of value to her people. She heard the sound of horse hooves and she ducked behind the building that she had just come out of. She stood there a moment before she peered around the side and a grin spread across her face as she saw a man coming into the village. He got off his horse and came closer on foot, giving her the opportunity to sneak around behind him. Once she was there, she then pricked her finger, and placed a drop of blood on the tattoo on her stomach, the white ink shifted, then lifted off her skin, creating a great sword in the air before her and she reached out, gripping it with her hands. Her grin grew wider as she waited, making sure that he was close before she darted out from behind the house, headed straight for him with her bone blade held down and to the side, the blade digging up the snow.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 04:39 AM
He hears the scraping of the blade along the snow, and quickly turns on his heels, bringing his glaive around in a wide sweeping ar that cleaves even the air, and he then leaps back out of range. "A warrior should announce and introduce themselves before attacking. Only a coward and a weakling stabs at someone's back without them knowing." He looks her up and down. "Forgive me, you are but a child, and you must be freezing. What are you doing out here? Go home, to your family, before you catch your death of cold."

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Chimi had stopped when the man had turned around, tilting her head as he spoke and she grinned as he spoke. The grin did not even leave her face when he called her a kid. "I let you know i was coming. i could have easily jumped off the roof and brought my blade down on your head." She said to him, lifting her blade a bit, her breaths coming out as a white vapor. "Even kids in my village can fight. We are all out here." She said and crouched a bit, that same grin still on her face. "I wanna see how tough that armor really is." She said and charged at him again.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 05:11 AM
"True, but you still have not introduced yourself girl. I am Brandis Zanne, The man without fear." He runs at her, meeting her charge, moving faster than someone in heavy armor should be able to. He springs on to a broken down cart, and then leaps off of it, in a spin, and then brings his Glaive down on her in a diagonal arc, before stepping back and reforming his guard. "You must know nothing of manners, child. And it seems i must teach you"

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 05:21 AM
She had spun out of the way when he brought his own weapon down and she faced him,m allowing the top of her large bone sword to rest in the snow, that was making her feet now hurt from the cold. She tilted her head a bit, still grinning. "What are manners?" she asked him, raising an eyebrow at the man who seemed more interested in talking than he did fighting. it was rather boring, but she was hoping to get him to fight her. She lifted her weapon again, then grinned wider. "I'm called Chimi." She said, then rushed at him once more.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 05:30 AM
"There, was that so hard? Greetings, Chimi." He bows respectfully to her. He then runs at her, and looks like he is stepping to the left, so he can slash right at her, but that was a feint, and he instead crouches to the right, and thrusts his glaive at her exposed midriff. The blade becomes covered with frost, and as the snow continues to fall, icy wind blows down the street as clouds roll in, and it starts to get colder.

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Chimi had seen his actions, but had not slowed or showed any movement that she was going to fall for his trick. When he jabbed at her abdomen, she shifted and brought her bone weapon around just in time to block the strike. She then pushed toward him, her bare feet sliding in the snow a bit as she fought hard not to shiver. It was bitterly cold, but she was going to keep moving to keep herself warm. "Of course not. But my people do not normally speak with those that we fight or kill." She replied to him, a bit of her white hair falling into her face, her red eyes locked on him as the snow started to fall.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
He tries to parry, but the sword gets past it, hits his armor, but stops. The hit didn't pierce his armor, didn't really dent it either.He shoves the sword away and the attacks with a wide sweep under he guard, and then continue with the momentum, to try to sweep her legs with his leg. The steps back and refoms his guard, the discipline is visible in his quick, and un-wasted movements. He begins to circle her. "So, you are a bunch of barbarians, then? Pray tell, why are you wearing so little in a place like this, I know you must be freezing. You fight well, but you are outmatched, methinks."

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Chimi had been able to block the strike from the man's blade, but his sweeping leg dropped her to her back in the snow. She got up and brushed the snow off her, shuttering from the cold as she snow on her skin melted and ran down her bare skin. "We were told to come here and fight. There is no cold weather where I'm from, so we have no need for anything warm." She said, doing her best to keep her suppressed shivers out of her voice. She raised her blade and ran at him again, her movements slowed because of the cold affecting her limbs.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 05:53 PM
"I'd say your leader is a fool, then. You look more like a prostitute, than a warrior." He meets her charge again, without showing fear. He parries her sword with a an arcing slash, and then pirouettes around her and slashes at her waist, before continuing to run in that direction for a bit, before turning back to face her, and sliding to a halt, twenty feet away from her. He holds his glaive out, it's blade pointing at her.

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Chimi had been able to dodge the blow and prevent it from doing more then cutting her pants. However, they dropped tot he ground, now useless and she narrowed her eyes at him. "Those were my only pants." She said to him, lifting her blade. she was not so much mad, but since they made all of their clothing and that was the only pair of pants she'd had, she was not all that happy that they were cut. She stepped out from the sliced pants and crouched a bit, standing before the man in her wool panties and her shirt. "I do not know what a prostitute is, but I'm sure that anyone would want ti wear as little clothing as possible as well if they were to live where I do. it is always sweltering hot. There is never a cool day." She said, almost visably shivering now, almost not able to control it as she shifted and moved to keep her blood flowing and to keep herself warm. another moment later and she was dashing through the snow[Lol] racing toward the man, her eyes squinted against the flakes that were still falling from the sky. She agreed that her leader was a fool, but she had to obey his order. And their orders were to come to this forsaken place of icy death and kill anyone they came across. She had done good so far, but this man was highly skilled, far out matching Chimi. She was persistent though, which was probably going to gt her killed.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
"I admire your courage and loyalty, little girl. But I will not show any quarter." As she nears, he leasp, spinning into the air, and his glaive Comes around in a wide scything arc. Time seems to slow down, as the keen edge of his blade slices through the air. Snow falls on the ruined buildings of a village, who's inhabitants are all dead or scattered. Driven off by the battles. Except for the sound of the two fighters, it is quiet. Peaceful almost. The only peace this land has seen in ages.

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Chimi managed to avoid the worse of the blow, but even as she dodged she took a slash to the chest, slicing open her shirt over the wound and she winced. the blood was slow to ooze from her skin because of the bitter cold, which Chimi figured was a good thing for now. She crouched and got into a defensive stance, ready for the man to come again. "I never expected you to.."

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
He feels the blade cut through her tender flesh, and he rides the momentum and uses it to lead into another wide, reaping slice. His face is grim, and emotionless. He does not like that he must cut down a child. If only she would run away. But even if she did, he would have to chase her. He made an oath to follow he liege's orders. "Will you yield, child? Do so, and I may show mercy."

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 08:59 PM
She did not have enough time to dodge his second attack as well as the other and it cleaved a slice up her back that caused her to cry out in pain. panting from the pain that fluctuated between numb and unbearable, she turned to face him again. She made a move to life her blade, but winced and looked down to the wound on her chest. the skin around the wound was turning black, the small amount of blood that dribbled out warming it enough to cause the pain the fluctuate more frequently. She felt ready to vomit, but lifted her blade as best she could, which was just a couple inches off the ground and the end of it was still buried in the show. "My people.. don't.. give up." She panted, wincing again as she took a step toward him. Her legs were shaky from the pain and from the cold, the girl finding that her pain was making it impossible for her to ignore the pain now.

Cfavano
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
He Charges at her once again, and parries her blade, before aiming a heel-kick with his armored boot square in her chest, and then points his glaive at her. "This fight is over. You have determination. Join me, and I will make you into a great warrior. Or, I will capture you, and make you my prisoner. It is up to you, little girl, now speak, before you freeze to death."

OniIgnasha
07-16-2012, 10:40 PM
The blow to her chest had hurt more so then Chimi would have thought that it would. the blow sent her reeling back and she hit the ground rather hard, a bit of blood spattering the white snow and turning it red in a few placed around her, and directly below her form the wound on her back. Chimi attempted to get up. but she was shivering too hard to move her limbs right and her mind was retreating to protect itself from the pain. She heard the words of the man, her mind moving too slowly for her to really comprehend the meaning of any of it. She then closed her eyes and knew only darkness, not really able to give an answer. the could and her wounds took a tole. She was still alive and the bleeding was slowed because of the cold, but the cold was also effecting her terribly. her normally obsidian black skin was paling to a dark gray.

Cfavano
07-17-2012, 04:44 AM
"Enemy officer defeated!"

Brandis Has captured Chimi

He wraps her in his cloak, to keep her warm and to slow the blood loss, and then carries her and her sword to his horse, and he rides back to his camp.