PDA

View Full Version : Leongarde Faction Status Overview

E1Alpha
07-16-2012, 09:43 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/4jx7hv.png
"We shall not fear. We shall not falter. But we shall triumph."

A mighty citadel-city, Leongarde and its king, Reinard Lionheart, rule its kingdoms with an iron fist and a golden heart. Noble, valiant and brave is how one would describe the armies carrying the banner of Leongarde. The walls of Leongarde are said to be impenetrable, its moral unbreakable and its wrath merciless. By use of the Soul Orb of Ko’Rhas, the Silver Lion, King Lionheart has turned his already impressive kingdom into a mighty force to be reckoned with. With his sights now locked on securing Deiranar under his rule, King Lionheart now turns to the offensive, and he shall not stop unless his citadel comes crumbling down on top of him.

The chirping song of birds and the gentle breeze that was carried along with the seasons was all that was hearable on the grasslands outside the mighty walls of Leongarde’s citadel. The citizens of Leongarde that lived within the walls never worried, nor did those living just outside them, on the farmlands, for they knew the mighty armies of Leongarde were always prepared. It was this feature that had made Leongarde indomitable in the past.

However, a sudden sound interrupting the tranquil peace. The sound of hooves, many hooves. With a horn at the gate blowing, a group of knights dotted the horizon, adorned in prestigious silver armor. At the head of the troops, rode the famed Titanium Knight and prince of Leongarde, Devan Lionheart.
As the riders approached the portcullis into the citadel, it rose open slowly, being pulled up by mere manpower of the gatesmen. With the gate barely high enough for the soldiers to fit through, Devan soared under the gate, riding upon Dawnbreaker, one of the finest stallions in the land. The other knights followed suit, setting course straight for the castle in the heart of the city.

At the gates of the castle, the elderly king, Reinard Lionheart was waiting. The stern king did not even reveal as much as a smile when he saw his only son return to his court, but it was not as if anyone was expecting that. His son had just led a riding party that has been scouting the borders of the great kingdom for the past three days, and he now returned with news.
Pulling his horse to a halt, Prince Devan jumped off, landing with a metallic thud on the stone inlaid floor of the courtyard, relieving himself of his helmet as he lowered himself into a crouching position. “Father.” The young prince spoke with the noble and stern tone that his family renowned for. The king responded with merely a nod, accompanied with a hand moving upwards, as a gesture for his son to stand. Once his son was at eye height again, the king spoke, in monotone, questioning intonation: “How fares the defense of our borders? Does our enemy plan on crossing into our homeland? Will they make the fatal errors of challenging our order?” The king spoke as if he was expecting the enemy to make a move, and his son was soon to respond. “Our sacred Lionglade is secure. The forces of Firanos have been nothing but insects poking at our defenses.” He set his gaze over to the east. “This new foe we face moves fast, however. They have secured to Gero Badlands and they may seek to move into our land soon. Defenses are being fortified, and we will be ready for an assault.” The king nodded slowly, before he spoke up again. “What of the Ilean Mountains?” The prince cracked a smile as he turned his sight to his father again. “No need to worry, father. Mordus has been in charge of the troops defending the pass and none has even lived to approach our border.”

“What of Disgeran?” The king’s question came fast and demanding, and Devan had feared as much. “Disgeran forces have been gathering in Blood Vale. We may be facing an all-out assault from them on the Lion Woods soon. Our defenses are prepared there, but they have overwhelmed us once before…” The king closed his eyes as he listened, seeming to think as he brought his fist up to his forehead, before he looked at the guards around them. “Leave us.” The men didn’t even stop to ask why as they followed the order obediently. “Come, my son.” The king turned around and marched into his castle, his son followed him curiously.

The two royalties neared an adorned, reinforced gate, in the heart of the castle. Devan was well aware what was behind this gate, as well as who. The king shoved the heavy gate open like it was made of paper and marched forward into the large, round chamber. Gargoyles in the form of lions adorned the walls of the chamber, and in the far wall, across from the gate into the chamber, was what seemed similar to a small chapel. Inside it, a blue, glowing orb rested. A soul orb. It was the heart of Leongarde’s power. In the center of the room, however, a large sword stood proudly, sheathed into the stone surface they were standing on.

The king walked up to the sword and spoke up as he looked at the orb. “My son… The time has come. For years, we have remained silent, within our borders. We slaughtered all who crossed us and we survived the ages. But now, that time has gone. Our enemies endanger us, they risk finally breaking our indestructible walls. When our gate falls, so will the lives of all who have faith in us. We cannot let this happen. We shall march, and we shall vanquish our enemies, and make this land into a sanctuary for the people of Leongarde.” The orb glowed brighter as Devan listened to his father. It was time. This war had now officially become theirs. “I summon the Iron Guardian of Ko’Rhas, the protector of the just and the noble. I summon you, Van guard!” The king called out, and the large blade in the center of the room glowed brightly. From the sides of the room, pieces of metal and armor soared to meet in the center, where the pieces all connected, forming the shape of giant soldier. Devan had known the stories about Vanguard, the Iron Guardian since he was little, but he had never seen the titanic warrior… until now.

With a roar emanating from the orb in the chamber, the soldier was complete. Vanguard was fully restored as his eyes shone with a vigorous force as the slumbering, metallic knight had finally awakened. It grasped the blade stuck in the ground firmly, and pulled it out with little to no effort, raising the blade in front of him, before lowering himself into a kneeling position before the king. Even though he was kneeling, the metallic warrior was still reaching a head above the king as he looked down at the ground. The king kept his stern expression as he gazed up at his most powerful soldier. “This land. Our land threatened. The people of Leongarde, followers of Ko’Rhas must be protected at all costs. Travel West, and cleanse our land of the filth of Disgeran.” The silent guardian rose to his feet and marched out of the chamber, with loud metal thuds.

The king turned his attention to Devan then. “Order Mordus to move into the Ilean Mountains and secure them. And send out Arduin to reinforce Lionglade’s defenses. Devan swiftly nodded and lowered his head. “Yes, father.” He then left after Vanguard, passing through the doorway again. The war had been raging for ages, but Reinard was planning to finish it now. Leongarde would reign supreme and unite this land after all these ages. That, he was certain of.

It had been merely a day since the shadow looming over the Lion Woods had dispersed. While from a distance, the land still maintained its beautiful appearance, all knew that this was not going to last long. The Disgerans had settled in, and even though the Lion Woods were still unknown territory to them, what they did to Blood Vale was sure to repeat. Even as victory was achieved to the north, the citizens of Leongarde grew worried. The great deeds of the newly promoted corporal hit the wind as the threat of the dark incursions of Disgeran crawled ever closer.

While Vanguard was being repaired by the kingdom’s best craftsmen, King Reinard and his son had decided to meet up with Arduin, the legendary warrior of Leongarde.
Entering the royal chambers, Arduin had always impressed all of Leongarde’s warriors. He was a true embodiment of Ko’Rhas. A champion of the Lionhearted, bestial half-lion warriors. Ko’Rhas was only called upon in dire times, and now was such a time.
The feline warrior kneeled as he stood before the king and prince, holding his fist over his chest.
“My liege. I have come at your request.” His voice was filled with the typical bestial growl of his kind.

King Reinard stepped towards the warrior, gesturing for him to stand, which the champion of Leongarde did. “The fiendish horrors of Disgeran have succeeded in the impossible. They have shattered our defenses at the Lion Woods. If they are not stopped they will invade the Lion Glade and eventually our home. While Mordus has secured the Ilean Mountains pass, he has his own task. Disgeran’s intruding actions cannot allow us to give pause to our other enemies. As such, he shall continue his army’s march, while our men are turning the Ilean Mountains into a fortified bulwark.”
Finally, he turned towards Arduin once more, gazing up at the warrior that towered above him.

“Arduin, the Vigorous Roar, champion of Leonharde and of the Lionhearted warriors. These fiends must be stopped. Not even the mighty Vanguard was able to do so. I want you to strike into our Woods. You know your way around there better than any man, Disgeran or Leongardian. Your Lionhearted will tear down the Disgeran enforcements. The monster responsible will most likely still be there: The Nightbringer.”
Arduin nodded firmly, slamming his fist onto his chest firmly. “The Nightbringer may be a fierce opponent with power unmeasurable, but his heart is one that feeds off of fear and pain. We are Lionhearted. We fear no enemy and take no prisoners. We shall stalk our foes, and when we strike, nothing of the accursed shall be left but bloodied shreds. For Leongarde and for Ko’Rhas. I will see to the freedom of the Lion Woods, or I shall die trying.” Arduin nodded firmly, once more beating upon his chest, letting out a growl.
The king nodded and gestured to Arduin, before passing a piece of parchment to him. Arduin blinked, before nodding as he took the parchment and took his leave.

The king then turned towards his son. Devan however had sat himself down, holding his head. “Are you not feeling well, my son?” The young knight looked up at his father, who now stood before him, at which the youngster shook his head. “It is nothing. I have not been feeling well lately.” The king nodded slowly, placing his hand on the boy’s shoulder. “We are facing a difficult time, but worry not, Ra’Shor shall guide us to victory. Now go and rest, I want my son at full strength should the impossible happen.” Devan nodded as he stood and left his father, heading to his private quarters.

King Reinard in the meantime marched over to his window, gazing outside. The darkened sky above the Lion Woods had faded, but a dark fog was looming in the far distance. Even with the Ilean Mountains in between Leongarde and the shoreline, the darkness above the ocean was visible. A future test for Leongarde’s mettle. They would take it with both hands, and overcome it.

The iron bells rang out over the sombre scene. A death knell sounding in memory of the countless soldiers lost, the ringing chorus accompanied with the mourning of many was a difficult thing for any to listen to. Countless citizens sobbed and cried at the deaths of the two generals, heroes who were once so adored now extinguished. Arduin more than most, in essence he was seen by many as a true warrior, never wavering in his loyalty to Leongarde and yet they didn’t even have a body to bury. An ornate coffin had been constructed with the likeness of the lionhearted and was now being displayed below what eventually would be a statue in honor of the fabled warrior. For now the place was blanketed by flowers, the colours contrasting the metallic constructs that were commonplace in the city.
King Reinard found himself sitting on his throne, his brow heavyset by the invisible burdens that weighed down on the crown he adorned. With all that had transpired there wasn’t enough time to truly give the respect the dead deserved, instead he had work that needed to be done. The king had already begun taking action in fortifying their defences; no doubt the enemy would try to continue their push into Leongardian territory.

The Silver King’s thoughts snapped as a voice piped up in the throne room. Shattering his focus like a mirror being smashed, scowling the king looked at the source. A scribe had been called forward earlier to write Reinard’s message for his armies. However the king had gotten lost in his own thoughts and with bells ringing was swept from his task.

‘My King, my apologies but you stopped mid sentence...’

‘Hmph...I suppose I did. As I was saying because of the terrible losses that we have sustained we must get ready for a furthering advance from our enemies. We cannot give them any quarter; we will draw our defences at our borders of the Lion Woods and Lake Ilnero. We must remember those who have fallen and that they fought for our nation. We must prove to our adversaries that their assaults have only been an exception to the impenetrable Leongardian defenses....’

The scribe’s hand vigorously pulled the quill along the paper as he listened to the Silver King’s words. The king found himself now up pacing by his throne, his mind continuing to juggle his many responsibilities. When the messenger stopped the King looked at him rather plainly asked:

‘Ah yes, there will be many wondering of Arduin’s successor won’t there?’

The scribe quite puzzled at the question struggled to figure out if he should answer or not, however grace was provided when Reinard continued.

‘...However I shall wait and see what unfolds before making my decision to the public and the military. Continue scribe: May the memories of the fallen temper our blades, bolster our shields, and root our convictions as we prepare for the enemies next attack. With the Ko'Rhas backing us Leongarde shall prevail.’

Having finished the message the scribe bid his leave from the Silver King’s presence leaving the throne room and the king alone. Reinhard sighed heavily and walked towards a window the choice seemingly random but the expression on the king’s face spoke of something more than chance. His gaze settled on a tower not far from the throne room, a window near the top.
His son, Prince Devan’s, chambers became the resting place of the concerned gaze on the king’s face. It has been days, perhaps weeks now his son keeping himself in his room. The Silver King grew more worried by the day, not just because Devan was his son but because he was a general. He was suppose to lead Leongarde but the king hadn’t seen or heard from his dear son, not only that but Reinard had no clue to the cause of the drastic change in his son as of late.

The king returned to his throne, his brow still heavy. Despite all this Leongarde would stand, it would have to stand.

People celebrated in the streets, dancing and singing, overjoyed by the recent success of General Leonard ‘Gray-Mane’ Kilvas. Cymbals clanged and stringed instruments played on as minstrels sang of his victory. Above the mass in one of the castle balconies stood the Silver King and the Gray-Mane, the two obviously conversing over the taking of the Gero Badlands. The two paused for a moment and listened to the melodies that swayed the crowds below.

‘Soldegarde you say? Very well General, I shall see to it this Richard Soldegarde is giving recognition for his deeds.’

‘Aye, my King. The warrior’s valor was a true testament to Leongarde during the battle. He even rose up and challenged the Whirling Demise.’

The Silver King turned and placed a hand on General Gray-Mane’s shoulder, a soft smile penetrating through the normal stoic expression as he began to walk away from the balcony.

‘I must say Leonard having you come out of retirement and into the ranks of the military once again....’

Before anymore words were spoken and shrill horn blast came from below, and then again, and again. It was a sound Reinard and Leonard both knew, in their years they had heard is sparsely but it brought a halt to all praising and celebration. The king quickly moved back to the balcony and looked down over to the group that rode in from the city gates. What he could see from his perch above the city was more than enough to understand what had transpired.
‘...the Lionglades, they are lost...’
----

The Silver King had taken a seat back on his throne when the doors swung open and a group of shieldguard approached. They stood together and began to recount the battle at the Lionglades, the staggering defeat resulting from Vanguard’s destruction. The small group stood silently waiting for a response from the king who remained unmoved from his throne. His gaze pierced through them and his eyes glazed over. His mind scrambling to understand how it was possible, how Vanguard could be destroyed? Ko’Rhas have I failed?

‘...leave...’

The words dribbled out hardly audible even with the increased acoustics of the empty throne room. The shieldguard looked at each other before one spoke up.

‘My liege?’

‘LEAVE!! BEGONE!’

The King’s face twisted in fury as he stood and pointed his blade towards the doorway. The Silver King’s face burning red with an unseen rage as he continued to storm forward. The shieldguard troupe quickly made their exit leaving him alone. From outside the halls an otherworldly growl radiated from the throne room. Soon the doors flung wide and the King emerged in his normal stoic expression, he waved his servants and guards away from him as he made his way towards his son’s room. His footsteps rung out throughout the halls as he approached the room. The prince had been acting quite strange for quite some time but Reinard needed his son to be ready for what was to come.

‘Devan! Open the door, I need to have a word with you.’

Silence was the only answer the king was given before he began knocking on the door. The barrier that had stopped all from seeing the prince easily swayed open against the king’s knock, only to reveal an empty room. His face shook as emotion consumed the Silver King as he lashed out striking the door frame with his fist.

As the king regain his composure once more he made his way back to his throne room calling one of his stewards. The King sat with his typical expression on his face as he began to give orders to the man before him.

‘Devan is gone, Vanguard is vanquished, and Disgeran will come! Make ready a war council with my generals and fetch my armor! I will show the unbelievers that come to Leongarde’s gate the error in their ways. Ko’Rhas is not to be taken lightly! I am not to be taken lightly!!’

Power Treshold

Members
NPCs

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad198/bailey_067/o_crown.gifKing Reinard Lionhearthttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad198/bailey_067/o_crown.gif
The Silver King
http://i48.tinypic.com/10xsxg2.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/sx2790.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/54sw29.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2d1qopf.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/9a69vc.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2z7pwrk.png

Prince Devan Lionheart
The Titanium Knight
MIA
http://i49.tinypic.com/34rvgqv.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/sx2790.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/ibb56q.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/3508714.png

Arduin
Slain by Cretoris, The Nightbringer at the Lion Woods

Mordus
Slain by Brevsin Lolaim (Eddren) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1040310&viewfull=1#post1040310) at Lake Ilnero

Vanguard
Slain by Cretoris, The Nightbringer

General Leonard Kilvas
The Gray Mane
http://i49.tinypic.com/34rvgqv.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2yjvhg5.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/3508714.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/nz12yu.png

Rune Tablet

http://i50.tinypic.com/9gm3wh.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2v92kix.jpg

Player Characters

Aranka Lapham (preacharound) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1024253&viewfull=1#post1024253)
Lestoph (Tolvo) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1080567&viewfull=1#post1080567)
Sogarr Bonescream (Cfavano) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1309239&viewfull=1#post1309239) - Runes (http://oi48.tinypic.com/2ns5bnr.jpg)
Sieglinde von Hohengrad (CrestOfArtorias) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1309786&viewfull=1#post1309786) - Runes (http://oi47.tinypic.com/2jfx1z8.jpg)

http://world7.knightfight.co.uk/img/rang/2.gif
Corporal G'wain Pinderknock (The Imposter) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&page=3&p=1025195&viewfull=1#post1025195)

Territory Controlled

Leongarde
Ilean Mountains
Gero Badlands

Beastiary

Footmen
http://i46.tinypic.com/2d1qopf.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2uqj01z.png
Basic soldiers of the Leongarde army, these warriors are versatile and honorable. With virtually no weakness, these warriors also have no outstanding strengths. They are truly the vision you have when you think ‘soldier’.

Knights
http://i49.tinypic.com/2yjvhg5.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/3508714.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2z7pwrk.png
Unlike their heavily armored brethren of Archeos, the knights of Leongarde prefer to fight from horseback with the basic armor equipped. These warriors are no slouches on ground, either, as all are capable swordsmen and pikemen. Knights are usually equipped with shields, though some forsake them for better mobility.

Archers
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ljjbj4.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/s13fdg.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/3508714.png
Basic archers. Like the Archeon Archers, they are not outstanding by any means, but these warriors wear steel armor like their footmen brethren, which helps them out if someone comes at them with a sword.

Berserkers
http://i45.tinypic.com/k4h1t1.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/sx2790.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/nz12yu.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/3508714.png
In honor of their Meragaia, Leongarde’s berserkers are the human embodiments of primal fury. They wear lion manes about their necks and heads, which, instead of being fur, are actually hundreds of iron needles attached to their armor and helmet. The mane surrounds their head and down their back, much like an extended head of hair. While not very practical in battle, they prevent any sort of head shot or backstab, as well as inspiring those around them to fight harder, for the glory of the White Lion.

Musketeers
http://i45.tinypic.com/x3soqc.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2lmt73a.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/9a69vc.png
Wielders of the blackpowder rifles guns, the musketeers of Leongarde are accurate and powerful adversaries, able to pick off enemies at ranges much longer than any normal archer. The killing power of the musket’s slug is outstanding, though they take much longer to reload than a bow-and-arrow user.

Shieldguard
http://i45.tinypic.com/k4h1t1.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2d1qopf.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2uqj01z.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/nz12yu.png
Leongarde’s answer to the Archeon Paladin and Knight, Shieldguard are walking fortresses of metal and death. Wielding towering kite shields and lances, the Shieldguard are the answer to anyone’s ‘Offense as a Defense’ tactic. These immoveable warriors are awe-inspiring when moving in a line, where there are no breaks in the wall of shields, nothing but death behind them and prey before them. Slow movement is their only fault, but who needs it when nothing hurts you anyway?

Warsmiths
http://i45.tinypic.com/k4h1t1.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/2qs09cl.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/s13fdg.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/3508714.png
Magi in their own right, Leongardian Warsmiths are the creators of the feared Suit-at-Arms. They are the ones controlling them, but are also control the rare art of Steel evocation, allowing them to create weapons out of thin and reform weapons and armor into lethal objects that they can utilise for devastating attacks.

Suit-at-Arms
http://i47.tinypic.com/3503rja.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2d1qopf.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2qi8n04.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/2mnoppu.png
Made by example of the legendary Vanguard, these living suits of armor are a near unstoppable force once they are on the move. Pure magical beings driving an empty suit of armor, wielding all manners of weapons, from blades to axes. They feel no pain, and no fear, and follow their orders without hesitation.

Lionhearted
http://i47.tinypic.com/3503rja.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/sx2790.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2z7pwrk.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/nz12yu.png
Following in the footsteps of their patron and leader, Arduin, the Lionhearted are bi-pedal lion-men who strike fear into their enemies with their powerful roars. Though once men like you, these warriors accepted the gifts of Ko’Rhas, the White Lion and unleashed their inner beast. Whether fighting with claws or with swords, these blends of beast and man are a terror on the battlefield.

The skulls indicate difficulty:

No skulls: Regular Enemy
1 bronze skull: Strong Enemy
2 silver skulls: Very Strong Enemy
3 gold skulls: Super Enemy
4 platinum skulls: Legendary Enemy

GOLD: Primary Treat
SILVER: Secondary Treats

Axe (Skirmisher):
Heavy Physical Damage at Close Range

Ballista/Crossbow (Ballistic):
Massive Ranged Damage

Bow (Ranged):
Standard Ranged Attacks

Cogwheel (Siege):
Massive Damage to Structures

Dripping Dagger (Assassination):
Powerful One-Hit Kill Attacks

Eye (Controller):
Masters of upsetting the balance of a battle

Fist (Brute):
Great Durability/Indestructability

Flame (Elemental):
Elemental Entity, Strong Against Physical assaults, Weak against Magic

Foot/Shoe (Rusher):
High Mobility

Mask (Lurker):
Stealth/Invisibility

Reticle (Sniper):
Extremely Accurate (from either ranged or in close-combat)

Shield (Defender):
Very Capable of holding defensive lines and forming unbreachable barriers

Sword (Soldier):
Standard Melee Attacks