PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty of Silence

Pastel Apathy
03-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Beauty.

This world is filled with beauty, but not many people can see beyond skin deep beauty, and the ways of their twisted lives. No matter how beautiful someone is on the inside, the outer beauty is the only thing that seems to matter to people anymore. Those who don't have the outer beauty are teased, and bullied because they aren't "Beautiful". But they are. Just it's on the inside. This is the reason the world has mutes. People who don't speak. It's not right anymore that the people with the outer beauty get everything while the people with the inner beauty get nothing. That's why, one particular mute has decided that it's her job to raise hell among the students at a particular school. And this is her story.

~~~~

Meet Zoe Belle Clemmings. She's been a mute since middle school, when the bullying got really bad. She's tempermental, and expresses herself through various ways; Painting, writing, notes, signs, or just lyrics. She'll sometimes play a song that expresses how she feels. Those who knew Zoe before middle school went their seperate ways, some moved, some became popular. Some just didn't want anything to do with Zoe anymore. This fueled Zoe to be a mute even more. Now one knows for sure if she doesn't have a voice to use anymore, or if she just doesn't want to use it. She's been made fun of through out most of highschool, and now in her Junior year she wishes to make a difference in the system of the student body.

She signed up for the student council, and to everyone's surprise and some's disgust, she got onto it. Now a member of the student coucil, she has to work along side some of the more popular students, and some of the more liked students. Whenever she's around they're rather quiet, and they seem to watch their step, pretending to care about what Zoe thinks. But Zoe knows this for what it really is; They're scared of her because she's a mute, and because she's different. They don't know what Zoe's capable of, and they don't know for sure if she has a voice. But one of the members, Ben Thompson*, seems to be intrigued by Zoe.

Meet Benjamin Thomspon. He's captain of the football team, and the school hearthrob. He's goregous, and surprisingly mature for his age. He's a sweet guy as well. Though, he seems to fit the boy-next-door type instead of the school hearthrob. He's generally intrigued by Zoe, and is generally kind to everyone. He cares what his friends think, and his girlfriend is the prettiest, most bitchiest girl in the school. Ben hates her, and would much rather go for a girl who understands him, but he doesn't want his friends to think he's a loser. He wants to make a difference in the school, which is the reason he's on the student council.

So what happens when the members of student council have to pair up and come up with a simple plan to better the school system? Ben and Zoe get thrown together. Zoe almost immediately becomes enraged, and points out on a piece of paper that she would much rather work with the only friend she has on the student council, Christine*, but the council says she must work with Ben. They are given until the end of the school year to come up with a simple plan to change the system in which things work, and Ben and Zoe must get together once a week to come up with idea's. The few friends that Zoe has are apalled by this thought, as are Ben's.

So when Zoe and Ben get together to make a plan, it does not go smoothly. Zoe's friends end up having to go over to Ben's place where the meeting had taken place and hold her back. Ben's friends go over as well, and they have to yell at Zoe's friends to calm her down. In a fit of rage, Zoe had taken ahold of a plate, and thrown it at Ben. Eventually, Zoe calms down enough to get back to work, but both Ben's friends and Zoe's refuse to leave for the simple fact that they are all scared that Zoe would bring the house down in a violent fit of her rage. After the first almost disastrous meeting, Ben and Zoe agree that they should each have two friends there that can keep an eye on things, should things end up disastrous like the first meeting. But they just can't seem to cooperate with anything during the meetings.

Will Ben and Zoe ever be able to work together and form a plan by the end of the year? And what will happen between Ben and Zoe since they both want the same thing? Will Zoe warm up to Ben? Or will the two fail at coming up with a plan, only to get shunned by the school? And will this partnership bloom into something more, or will it stay just that.

~~~~

Rules;;
We all hate 'em, be they're needed.

1. Listen to me! I can't stress this enough. If you don't listen to me, you've earned yourself a one way ticket out of this RP.
2. DO NOT Godmod. I hate this, and it's annoying as fuck. That goes for power playing, auto hitting, etc etc. Just don't do it.
3. Yes, you can cuss, I do it myself. But just don't make every other word a cuss!
4. ENGLISH! Please, for the love of all that is good, use proper english! That means correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling! I understand the occasional mistake, but don't make a mistake every other word!
5. This brings me to literacy. I'd like a 2 paragraph post minimum. I want you to incorporate ALL five senses somehow! That means use sight, touch, smell, taste, and sound.
6. PLEASE post every other day at the LEAST. I understand if you can't post for a few days, but find some time to post. I don't want this thing dieing!
7. Follow all RPA rules, as well as mine.
8. I use a three strike rule, EXCEPT for rule number one. This means, three strikes, your out bud.
9. Romance and violence is allowed, and encouraged. It keeps things interesting. Just don't make this a fucking soap opera, or a gore fest. As well, PLEASE keep things PG 14!
10. Have fun!
11. NO EMO CHARACTERS! On this note, no mary sue/gary stu characters either! No one is perfect!
12. No joining then never post! That is a one way ticket into my little black book!
13. NAMES CAN BE CHANGED!

~~~~

Profile Skeletons;;
Here is the skeleton for the profiles.

Name;;
Nickname;;

Age;;

Personality;; 5 brief descriptive words. It'll come out in the RP mostly.

History;; A nice paragraph or longer.

Role;; Obvious.

Zoe Belle Clemmings is already taken by me. Sorry.

Ludypoof379
04-06-2010, 07:56 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/kitty_kity15/Decorated%20images/person2-1.jpg

Name;;
Alice
Nickname;;
Ali
Age;;
Personality;;
♥Patient
♥Determined
♥Kind
♥Loving
♥Shy
History;;
Alice was home schooled for most of her life. She moved around from place to place and her family finally began to settle down. She was entered into the high school only two years ago and that was very new to her. The reason why they moved around so much was to find a place that her mother could fit in, because her mother was a mute. Growing up as a child she learned sign language and so it was typical that when she spoke she signed as well. She had to learn both speech and sigh language so now it was a habit to do both at the same time.

Because of being home schooled she excelled at learning so when she began at public school the classes were really easy to her. The next semester of classes she took were up to her level of difficulty. Being home schooled had its good sides and bad sides too though. She was a bit clumsy around people so when she became nervous she tends to stammer a bit and trip over her own feet.
Role;;
Friend to Zoe

((I hope it's alright to post. And I hope the picture is ok.))

World Traveler
04-08-2010, 05:14 AM
http://www.astrobunny.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/green.jpg

Amy Hunter is on the left and Mark Hunter is on the right.

Name
Mark Hunter

Nickname
Strike

Personality

Talented
Confident
Ambitious
Responsible
Calm
Friendly

History

Mark is the oldest of three and the only one in his teens. His biological parents got a divorce when he was four, and his mother got custody of him. A few years later his mother remarried and soon he was a big brother. Mark got along well with his step father who had a job as a federal law enforcement officer. In some ways Mark sees his step father as a sort of knight in shinning armor. He never saw his biological father, but from the way his mother would talk about him he could tell he was not the man who she thought he was. After moving and starting over Mark quickly grew up with the idea that he was the second man of the house after his step dad. This made him feel more responsible then most young boys and caused him to mature somewhat faster then his friends.

After entering high school he quickly became more and more popular as his growth spurt sent him up and his skills as a soccer player began to build as well. By the time the soccer season ended in his freashmen year he was already on the A team and the best striker the school had seen in years. After that he became a central member of the "cool" group but also seems a little distant. This is mostly due to the fact that he leaves after school to pick up his step brother and step sister from middle school while everyone else is hanging out. As the years went by he took his stepfathers advice and ran for a spot in the Student Body Government. It is to help him get into a better college as well as get him some extra points for his history class which is his favorite class.

Role

Oldest friend of Ben as well as the most level headed of the bunch.

Mysteria
04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
This game looks interesting, are you still looking for active players?
If so check this (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) out!

World Traveler
04-16-2010, 06:08 PM
are we going to recruit for this?

Ludypoof379
04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
We would apply if she only bothered to come here...

World Traveler
04-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Yea starting to wonder if this is going to be picked up.

word_weaver96
06-21-2010, 01:43 AM
If anybody on here still wants to do it, I had it reinstated. I think I want to be Zoe. & Is it okay if I'm the GM?

word_weaver96
06-22-2010, 11:03 PM
*One change: I'd like Zoe not to be violent. Instead, she when she gets mad, she starts yelling at/lecturing the person and sometimes goes off on tangents.

word_weaver96
06-23-2010, 12:25 AM
& Also, I think I want to change Zoe's name to Norah. Is anybody else who posted on her still going to do this RP?

Fox Xalian
06-23-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm interested in joining with two characters I made a few months ago. Except I don't know how they will go in this RP. Anyway, I posted my character sheet for them in my blog just in case. I know some of the info wont be needed, but that can be overlooked slightly. If you want I can post the required sheet in here, unless you want to do something different, I'm just not in the mood to write a lot today.

word_weaver96
06-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Oh okay. If oyou want, you could copy & paste the characters here. & DOn't worry, the RP isn't starting today anyway.

Fox Xalian
06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Okay, here they are. I deleted the parts that didn't matter, some of the info I have left doesn't matter either

Cheat Sheet

Name: Tamara
Nickname: Tama
Description: Has shoulder length strawberry blond hair, her eyes eyes are brown, but they look orange. She wears a blue shirt and a red tartan skirt.
Personality: Protective of her sister. Shy. Bossy
Hobbies: Playing her flute. Horse riding
Dislikes: People taking advantage of her sister in any way.
Fears: losing her family.

Cheat Sheet

Name: Tamika
Nickname: Tammy
Description: Has shoulder length strawberry blond hair, her eyes eyes are brown, but they look orange. She wears a purple dress.
Personality: Straight to the point. Shy.
Hobbies: Playing her violin. Horse riding
Dislikes: People not understanding why she doesn't talk.
Fears: losing her family.

Story
(under construction)

word_weaver96
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Looks! Good! Thanks!

word_weaver96
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I want to change another thing: I don't really want her to be completely mute. She doesn't talk alot (and scratch that about her yelling), so the title still works.

Fox Xalian
06-25-2010, 03:44 PM
And at least there will be one mute person rather then two, my character Tamika is still going to be mute.

word_weaver96
06-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Okay cool! :D

Fox Xalian
06-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Should we try to get more people or should we just start?

word_weaver96
06-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I hoped we could get mpre people. I submitted ot for RP of the week. What else do you think we should do?

Fox Xalian
06-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Other then advertise and try to get more people to join? Nothing that I could think of.

word_weaver96
06-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeah, same here.

Fox Xalian
06-27-2010, 08:01 AM
I think we should just start and see if other want to join.

word_weaver96
06-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Start the IC?

Fox Xalian
06-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah.

word_weaver96
06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Well, I'll ask Ann and see if she has any ideas for getting people. If she comes up wih nothing, I guess we could go ahead and start.

word_weaver96
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
WAIT - We need someone to be Thompson! He's a really important character. Hmm.............

John
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
This RP has been featured as this week's Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=249445#post249445)

word_weaver96
06-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!! :D

Pastel Apathy
06-27-2010, 11:30 PM
I would like this moved into the recycle bin please considering this is my idea and NO ONE asked me if it could be revived. Please and thank you.

TO THOSE WHO WANT TO DO IT STILL: PLEASE make your OWN idea. DO NOT use this one. That is, in my opinion, stealing my idea.

EDIT: Not trying to be mean, but I feel that this is stealing my idea as said above. I may in time, have the time to do it, but please do not use my idea.

word_weaver96
06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Do you still want it in the trash if you might use it someday?

Pastel Apathy
06-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I may get this going after tomorrow with myself as the GM, but I do not know yet.

word_weaver96
06-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh. *sigh* Okay.

Pastel Apathy
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Sorry, but this is something I'm very picky about. And in the plot, by the way, it specifically said. Zoe is a mute. Meaning she CAN NOT talk.

word_weaver96
06-28-2010, 12:07 AM
I knew what it meant, I was just going to change it before I knew you wanted the RP back. I understand it.

Pastel Apathy
06-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Sorry if I'm coming off as a bitch, but I've been going through a lot, and I'm just very picky.

word_weaver96
06-28-2010, 12:18 AM
It's okay. I was kind of dissapointed, but I think I'd do the same thing as you if I were in you shoes. ;)
Is it okay if I use Norah's name that I made up & her whole character (All the changes to Zoe that I had made, which I know are nixed now) in another thread?

Pastel Apathy
06-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Well, considering it was originally Zoe, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Can you adapt her to you so that it's different from Zoe, completely?

word_weaver96
06-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Well, is it oky if she doesn't talk much, instead of being a mute? I think everything else I wa thinking of was completely different.

Pastel Apathy
06-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Well, as long as it isn't a thread like this one... I guess that's fine.

word_weaver96
06-28-2010, 12:35 AM
No, it was going to be more of a summer-romance based story between two high-schoolers.

Fox Xalian
06-28-2010, 06:50 AM
I'll remove my characters then. Word_weaver96, PM/VM me and we can make our own. I'm only removing my characters from here because the original GM didn't accept them. If she wants me to stay in I will gladly re-post them with her character sheet.

word_weaver96
06-28-2010, 09:20 PM
How do we know whether or not to use them yet then?