PDA

View Full Version : A Challenger Approaches: Judas VS. Nalla

The Thespian
08-12-2012, 02:35 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/karlkaloy/arena.jpg

Sitting by himself in the arena, Judas Alexander had his eyes closed and his ears open. His hands were intermingled together, fingers intertwined, and his thumbs were pressed together. He sat in a chair of stone, left by who knew centuries past. A gentle breeze blew, caressing his skin. Judas likes small breezes like this. Where he was from in Hell, there was no breeze, only the hot air that came from all around him. He hated Hell, that is why he escaped. Much to his disappointment, however, it seems that there are those here who want to send him back. Everywhere he goes there is always someone wanting to fight him for whatever reason. He willingly obliges them, but the repeated acts of courtesy get old after a while. Small breezes like this in place of violence and unexpected attacks where a small blessing and, despite being a Sinner, he took each in stride. Yet, even now, he knew that someone somewhere would soon come to disturb this momentary relapse in peace. Let them come, he would stop them each and every time. He would not be sent back to Hell.

He waited, letting the silence in the colossal stone monument to victory and vice all around him lull him into relaxation. Silence was another luxury that he had been denied in Hell. All around were the frightful screams and moans of other Sinners, devastated by pain. He didn't like thinking about Hell, so he often didn't. Silence, most people hated silence. Yet even in his original life, Judas had gotten little silence. Now that he was reborn a Sinner, he cherished this silence as much as the caress of the breeze. The scents, as well, were a luxury in his eyes. In Hell, all he could ever smell was pain, blood, brimstone - per his level in The Pit - and death. Here, he could smell the air and the grass and the dirt below him, he could distinguish and mix scents as he pleased, making different combinations as he saw fit. The living had no idea what a luxury it was to be alive, they had no idea what the horrors of Hell had in store for them. Ignorance was bliss, and wisdom, in this case, is a curse. He would not be sent back to Hell, not by anyone. He waited for the next challenger, they who would disturb his newly obtained life. He waited.

Cfavano
08-12-2012, 03:23 AM
The clink of metal, and the moving of equipment follows The Giant-like Goliath Glaiatrix Lumbers into the arena, seemingly a large clumsy being. She had come to train, for a very important match was coming up that she needed to train for, and, luckily for her, she was allowed use of her patron's private amphitheater. She sticks the war scythe in the ground as she stretches, and turns around to see Judas in the stands. She immediately tenses up and points her trident at him. "You! What you here for?! This private property. Leave now, or I remove you, understand?"

The Thespian
08-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Judas' eyes snapped open. It was time, his peace had ended and here had come the next who would try to send him back to Hell. He had heard the clink of the metal as it echoed down the stone halls but had chose to ignore it in favor of the relative silence that still hung around him, now made stale by the clinking. It was only when she had spoken to him, when she had ripped him away from the caress of the wind, the scent of the earth and the resounding silence of the ancient stone that he knew it was time to act. He fixated his eyes upon she who had called him out, a rather large being. He had dealt with large being before though, much larger than she. Her threat, however, had resounded loud and clear with Judas. To leave or not to leave was not a question but a threat, he would not leave it unanswered.

Standing up slowly, Judas unfolded his hands and his fingers from each other and reached down to his left hip with his left hand, his thumb caressing the handle of the katana on his hip. He wondered momentarily if he would need more than one blade to deal with this giantess. She appeared to have several articles with her, both armor and weaponry. No, he did not think he needed more than one and so did not regret only taking the one with him on this outing. Lifting his right hand up high over his head, Judas flared his nostrils and his eyes, spread his fingers, and activated his ability of Repulsion all around him. The ground below his feet around him in a circle began to crumble on itself, creating a large dent in the earth below him and the chair he had previously stood in. The dark matter around him in a circle crushed the earth below his feet in testament to his will until it had reached the stands and the feet of the giantess.

Closing his hand, he stopped the spread of the crushed earth and lowered his arm. Pushing his katana out with his thumb, Judas took a hold of it with his right hand and pulled the blade completely out of the sheath. Just as she had made her intentions clear through words, he had made his clear through actions. A small display of his power, it would be enough to draw the giantess of guard and make her weary of facing him up close. Dark matter being invisible, it would seem as though he had literally willed the earth beneath him to cave in on itself - everyone believed that and very few actually knew that it was his manipulation over dark matter that was causing the damage. Now, with his sword drawn and his eyes fixated on the giantess, Judas was ready for combat having made his first move and allowing her to attempt drawing first blood.

Cfavano
08-12-2012, 03:51 AM
"Well, playing the scary giantess didn't work, it usually does." Her speech pattern had changed entirely. "Was that trick supposed to scare me? Ooh, I'm ever so scared, I may faint." Her last sentence dripped with sarcasm. "Let me guess, you used some fancy spell to tear apart the stones? Nice trick, but you caused a lot of damage to someone's property. And now, you draw your blade on me. I was only trying to keep you from getting into trouble." She looks at his blade. "A katana, very nicely made too. Must have been expensive. I tell you what. You give it to me, and we'll call it even. The owner of this property does not like trespassers." She appears to drop her guard.

The Thespian
08-12-2012, 04:15 AM
She hadn't attacked, that was the first thing. The second was that she had now not only threatened Judas but insulted him as well. Showing no fear to his display, she instead challenged him into giving up his sword in exchange for his life. She was walking a fine line from being crippled to dead. She believed he would give up his sword, just like that? He would just as soon go back to Hell willingly. She didn't appear to be that intelligent, or at least she didn't act it. Judas knew that with a bit of prompting he could not only get a reaction out of her but manipulate things in his favor as well. He would just need to take things one step at a time, literally. Holding his katana down at his side, Judas strode forward slowly one foot in front of the other, approaching the giantess with his blade ready to go.

Now he had made two moves, both actions rather than words and twice now the giantess had responded with words. It seemed apparent that she did not want to fight. However, but threatening him she would be cut. For insulting him she would be cut deeply. If she did not take action to his approaching, she would be cut until she was dead. Into the crater he had created he went, having to take three steps downward the hole was so deep. He was now open to an areal attack, or at least he appeared to be open. All of this, his walking, his display of power had simply been prompts for the giantess to react with something other than words. Now was her last chance, or else Judas would be the one to end her life.