PDA

View Full Version : Genetics Lab OOC [M]

Nereid
04-02-2010, 07:04 AM
I will put a better name for this as soon as I can think of it. Work's given me the brain fuzzies.

The lab is a top-secret underground facility, where research/experiments are done on human/animal hybrids, the weird, the wonderful, and generally anything out of the ordinary. Whether you want to be a captive, a good scientist or a bad scientist, it's entirely up to you. All I ask, is no godmoding. Anything goes, otherwise. To help things along, I will be playing three characters-
Dallas- a nasty piece of work scientist in his late forties. He lives to watch others' pain. Let's just say compassion isn't really his strong point. Quite often, his experiements aren't to prove or debunk a theory, but more "how much pain will they feel if..." not that he cares. He doesn't have a lot of time for scientists who do things humanely

Dean- A 23 year old new scientist who, to put it lightly, was a douche growing up. He was one of those popular, jocky types in high school, and until his bullying caused the disappearance of one of his classmates, didn't care how peoples' feelings could be hurt. Since then, he has vowed to not judge a book by it's cover, and learnt that people in fact do have feelings. He is very humane towards the captives, in both his research, and the way he speaks to them.

Mia- a 23 year old mermaid who lived life as a normal teenager, until she was captured as a 15 year old. She has legs when dry, but Dallas has her on medication that stops this, as to prevent any escape or mishap. When first captured, she was feisty and strong, but has since given up and become quiet and withdrawn. She sympathises easily with other captives, but has serious trust issues regarding the scientists.

~~~

Nereid
04-02-2010, 07:05 AM
and the board will be in up on the in character forum just as soon as a Mod moves it from the general role play board. I was a doofus and posted it in the wrong place. Told you I had the brain fuzzies today.

bluemoon
04-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Do you mind if I join in your RP? I would like to be a captive.

Nereid
04-03-2010, 07:40 AM
sure, go ahead! you can be whatever you like :-)

bluemoon
04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Great! Thanks!

Dakota--Dak is a 25 year old feline/human hybrid. Her kind has populated the Dakotas for several years. Living in small groups, called prides, the hybrids tend to have an equal mix of both parentage in their appearance. Dak stands 5' 6" tall and has strawberry blonde hair that is thick and coarse like that of a lions mane. Her eyes are a startling green, human in appearance and her cheeks are well defined. Her feline features are noticeable in her leopard-patterned skin, beginning at her neckline and extending to her wrists and ankles. Her canine teeth are elongated and sharp and she keeps her fingernails sharpened to a fine point.

Nereid
04-06-2010, 06:40 AM
I should probably work on my Character profiles a bit more, and find some pics.

Dean
http://www.aidinvaziri.com/uploaded_images/buble-771361.jpg
So that's what he looks like, and he's 23. Trying his best to be the "nice guy" but is starting to get pissed off with Dallas' attitude. Dean lives in the subsidised accomodation at the lab, and is finding it hard getting used to living without a house full of other guys, and getting up to mischif, as he had in college. Dean recently broke up with his high school sweetheart, Casie, as the pressures of his study, and then his lab job were too hard to do, tied in with being pussywhipped by his Mrs. Dean has a tendency to watch what he says and does, after an incident in his past where him and his mates used to bully a girl back in highschool, and one day, she just disappeared. He's always blamed himself for this, but hasn't had the guts to tell her parents why she probably disappeared. This eats at him often.

Mia
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/3351430/Brooke+Fraser+brooke.jpg
is also 23, and grew up as the introverted geeky girl at school, getting harassed by the jocks, and usually having her nose buried in a book. Due to her generally popping a tail when wet, she got through this when she was younger by feigning a serious phobia of water, which her classmate found hilarious. Luckily, any incidents were narrowly avoided. She was captured after sneaking out one night, and getting trapped in an illegal net, where she was on-sold to the laboratory. She never even got to tell her parents goodbye, though sometimes thinks this might be a good thing, as she doesn't want any harm coming to them. Her tail is deep blue. She has a scar on her right eyebrow/cheek, after refusing to co-operate with Dallas. He got upset and smashed her head into the edge of the tank.

I'm still trying to find a picture of Dallas.
Dallas grew up in South Africa, to abusive parents, which I guess explains the way he is a bit. He equated abuse to power, and doesn't understand that sometimes, all you need to do is ask nicely. Growing up, he was always the kid zapping ants with the magnifying glass, that sort of thing. No point in doing what he was doing, but he did it anyway. He left South Africa in the early 90's as it was getting too dangerous.

Higurashi
04-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Mind if I join?

Nereid
04-15-2010, 05:17 AM
not a problem! see you there! :-)

Mysteria
04-18-2010, 06:04 AM
This rp has been featured as this weeks rp of the week. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=201303#post201303)

Nereid
04-18-2010, 07:09 AM
aww, thank you! :-)

StormyNyte
04-19-2010, 02:30 PM
I believe that I'd like to join as a creature of study.

Nereid
04-20-2010, 04:41 AM
No probs, see you there soon :-)

FlamingDestiny
04-24-2010, 08:30 PM
would it be..possible to be three characters? A Good scientist, a bad one and an Experiment?

if not, please choose your favourite character for me to keep please *cheshire*

Drake:- A 24 year old scientist who has a sharp attitude towards the experiments. he has short, spiked brown hair, green eyes, and a strong build. He was a typical sport-freak at school, but had a fascination for science, and so persued his dreams of being a scientist, however, he sees the experiments as facts and figures, and not creatures. he wants results.

Blayne: 25. Blaine also had a passion for science as a student, andalso persued it, however he was always fascinated with how they thought, how Dogs actually think when they hear a whistle, why parrots will speak in zoos, but not in nature, it all fascinated him. now he has discovered new creatures, and the same fascination exists.

Kaytlin:Econostai. A very rare species which evolve when their spores enter the developing embryo of a human child, mutating it. They are essentially half huma half plant. they have various natural abilities, such as extenting their nails into Vines or roots, and absorbing energy from the sun. They die after they release their spores, they only have between 3-7, and each spore is toxic to fully grown humans. Spores are normally only released one at a time as a survival instinct, they are naturally selfish by nature.
Kaytlin was captured whilst rooted into the floor. She was kept in a dark room untill her power had drained, and then the experiments started.

I invented the econstai, Sound cool?
Anyway, therees my characters ^_^
*cheshire*

Nereid
04-26-2010, 07:42 AM
it does sound cool! Feel free to play all three of your, the more the merrier, I reckon!

FlamingDestiny
04-26-2010, 03:19 PM
I now love you ^.^

Thankiesss