PDA

View Full Version : The Devil's Game ~IC~

World Traveler
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Years went by and the boy and his little sister went to live with their Aunt and Uncle until they wanted to move closer to where they had grown up. All though out this time the boy never told a soul about the man in the flames. Even his little sister didn’t remember anything and that was how the Devil wanted it. It wasn’t until the young boy started to turn into a young man and his little sister was becoming a young lady that finally the man in flames returned to the now 18 year old man. One night when the Daniel was up late the man came in and sat down. Scared of what was going to happen next the boy sat in fear and silence until Lucifer spoke.

The man started to talk about how the teenager was going to pay off his debt to the Devil. As it turned out the Fallen One was started to grow tired of ruling over hell. Unfortunately it was not so easy to pass on the responsibility of being lord of hell. He had X number of children wishing for the spot and without any clear rule as to how he would pick a successor. So the Devil did what he always did and made a fun game out of it. At least the game would be fun to watch.

The devil said that his children who wish to become the next ruler of hell must first understand who it is they will be ruling over. To get this experience they must learn about earth and the humans who inhabit it. He was tasking the boy with the job of overseeing the game and becoming the earthly guardian to his children as well as the prize!

Unsure of what all this truly meant the boy knew it was impossible to protest. Frowning at the lack of fight the boy had Satan snapped his fingers and a small box fell out of thin air. Opening the box and pulling out a small ring the Devil turned to the boy and held the item up. “You will use this to control them. Anytime you wish for them to stop or come to your aid simply shout their name and point the ring at them. My children should do the rest.” The Fallen snapped his fingers one more time and this time a small note book fell down onto the desk.

The note book then opened by itself exposing the blank pages. With a wave of his arm the pages started to bleed. At least that is what the boy thought until he saw the liquid dry and saw that words were being formed and started to read it quickly as the Devil spoke of the game and rules. “It really is quiet simple my boy. While my children are under your care they will be trying to earn points by accomplishing things on this list. Each time they finish one they will get the set amount of points the accomplishment gets you, clean and simple no? Now on to the rules we go.”

With another wave of his arm Satan made the notebook flip past several pages until it reached the last page. Looking down the boy read each rule.

• None of my children may kill a human or injure them beyond the Game Masters wishes. If they do they will forfeit 1000 points.

• The Game Master has the right to make any rule at any time. He also has the ability to dismiss rules as he sees fit as well.

• If a children’s true identity is discovered then the child forfeits the right to become the next ruler and the Game Master will be sent to hell for eternity.

• The first child to 10,000 points wins and becomes the new ruler of Hell.

The boy gulped as he read the last few rules and when finished couldn’t help but look slightly scared. Pushing the book away he watched the man push the notebook closed and smiled. “Now as Game Master you have power over the game and as such should have a power to actually control my children. That is where the ring comes in handy. Here you go.” The Devil then reached out and grabbed the boys ring before he could pull it away. Sliding the ring on the boy felt a slight burning feeling and looked down to see his hand, no his finger steaming and burning. Jumping up and trying to pull the ring off he started to feel tired. Unable to stand up any more he started to fall and was caught by the devil. “The ring will not come off until one of my children has won the game.”

The Devil then took the boy to his small bedroom and tossed him onto the twin bed that was far too small for him. “Looks like you are going to need a bigger bed.” He said and with a wink the bed grew and became a king size bed before the boys eyes. Looking back at the Devil he started to say something finally but was cut off by the Fallen. “My children will start to arrive soon. As far as questions go please feel at ease. I will be able to check on things at times and will make paperwork and other bumps in the road disappear. Until then I am going to be leaving my children in your hands. Understand that I had several options as to whom I could give this task to but I choose you. I am counting on you.” With that Satan disappeared and the boy was left with several hundred questions.

nonangelic92
04-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Aretina rubbed her temples furiously. She hated how her father loved to play sick games with everyone, mortals or demons alike. She espeically hated the game he was playing with her at this very moment. She threw a crystal paper weight across the room and watched it shatter into a million pieces, "And just to be ruler of this hell." she yelled aloud. A demon came running into the room, to see what the problem was. "Princess, is everything alright?" he asked, looking around the room. Aretina's eyes shown fire as she glared at the demon, "Of course. I was just damning my father after all." she said sarcastically. The demon backed out of the room slowly, not wanting to be in her preseance anymore.

Aretina rummaged through her closet pulling out clothes and stuffing them into her suitcases. "I hope to God that this protector is at least fun and not any type of spoil sport." She shut her suitcase harshly. She wrote a note to her father, telling him that she went to play his little game and will be returning soon she hoped. She snapped her fingers and was suddenly in front of a house, a little rundown looking compared to the others on the street. She knocked on the door not likeing this situation at all.

Higurashi
04-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Adria out down her glass of milk and went to the backyard of the house. (This all assuming that she lives with her brother.) She yawned, stretched, and looked out into the cool night. It had been awhile since she had heard from her Aunt and Uncle. She wondered how they were now that she and her brother had moved out. She shrugged off the thought and sat down on one of the lawn chairs. She soon fell asleep and dreamed. Or more correctly had nightmares. They were filled with dark, fire, and screams of people burning. She smelled the smoke, felt the flames, then knew that she was dead..... Then, the pain was gone and there was only blackness, sweet, blessed, darkness. She awoke once again to the night sky, as she always did.

World Traveler
04-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Daniel was in the kitchen when the sound of someone knocking at the door hit his ears. After his first uninvited guest he had gone to get a glass of water. While on his way he picked up an old family album with pictures of both families he had been a part of. With the glass of water poured and the album open to a picture of his first father and mother the young man found himself asking the same questions he did the night after he made the deal with the devil. Filled with self doubt he would wonder if his father would have done the same thing.

Moving away from the kitchen and slowly heading towards the door he wasn't sure what he was going to see when he opened it. He moved to the peephole and tried to look outside, but it was too dark. Turning the light on he saw that the view didn't change reminding him that the bulb for the outside light had burnt out a few weeks ago. Swearing under his breath Daniel took a moment to calm down and settle his nerves before reaching out and touching the door knob. He turned it slowly and then opened the door firmly. The last thing he had expected to see was a beautiful young woman who looked roughly Daniels age standing outside. The sight of the young girl made hi weak at the knees. He was speechless.

After a second the teenager finally grabbed hold of his brain and mind. Shuddering slightly he knew that at this hour only a few types of people would actually knock on a door. Police or one of the devils children. It was then that he found himself unsure what to do. He didn't want to let the girl in but he was meant to be her guardian. "Come in." He finally managed to say. Holding the door open and moving back to the kitchen Daniel felt his face actually turn slightly red.

nonangelic92
04-08-2010, 10:03 PM
(Sorry my internet was done til today)

Aretina forgot her anger as her eyes appeared on the man who opened the door. She thought for sure, the man her father set as her guardian would be older and a slight bit ugly, but when her eyes set upon the young man she instantly knew this was a good game to be playing right this moment.

She followed the man inside and shut the door herself. She glanced at the room and loved the decorator. "Thank you. I'm glad you were willing to be able to partipate in my father's game. I hope this won't last long." She set her things on the couch, and follwed him into the kitchen, waiting to see his farther reaction.

World Traveler
04-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Willing wasn't the word Daniel would have used to describe his willingness to allow a daughter of Satan into his home. He felt a small shiver run down the back of his spine and while he watched the rather beautiful young woman enter into the house and start to look around. From the back she seemed normal. Like any other woman she seemed a tiny bit small to Daniel. It wasn't so much due to his height or his ego, but a more primal reason. Daniel, when looking at the girl from the back, wanted to protect people. So long as he wasn't looking into the face of the possibly future devil.

Finally closing the door an then making his way over to the kitchen he tried to keep as quiet as possible so Adria wouldn't be woken up and come down. He wanted to have some time to think of how he was going to explain things to her. Hopefully he could avoid talking about what happened years ago with the deal he made. He had protected her from that truth and he would continue to do so for as long as he could. Stopping at the fridge and then pulling out a soda he cracked it open lightly and took a large gulp. Since he didn't drink coffee or energy drinks sugary soda was the only fuel Daniels body could intake.

Glancing over at the young woman once more Daniel locked eyes and spoke. "So... How does this work from now on?

nonangelic92
04-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Aretina smiled slightly, "Well my father will send you messages in some shape or form, for me to complete them. I'll have a certain time limit and there is a sort of bonus in the round, that only he will tell you of course. If I finish the challenge in record time then all is good and I get a certain amount of points. Basically like a board game of sorts." She sat down on the couch. "So Daniel, my guardian for now, why did a mortal liek you sell his soul? Was it love, money, or both? Personally I think love is a god awful emotion, everyoen feels it but noone understands it. And as for the whole money thing, was the big deal, why can't your world go back to trading like back then?" she asked curiously

World Traveler
04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
“Your father already left.” Daniel said in a monotone voice. Unlike this woman he was not interested in small talk what so ever. He didn’t want her in his home and he certainly didn’t want her near Adria. Her questions were ones of a personal nature and that made them bring up uncomfortable thoughts. For years he had been asking himself the same question when he went to bed at night. Why had he made the deal? His younger self would tell him that he did it for his adopted sister, to save her and keep her from dying. His older self knew a far darker truth.

Life had taught Daniel a lot about the world. One of the things he learned was that he was more scared then most people. When he was looking over at his sisters near dead body he wasn’t scared of her dying. He was scared of being alone again. He made the deal not out of love or family. He made the deal because he was completely and totally terrified, and that selfish act trapped Adria in her mortal form and stopped her from moving on. This killed Daniel inside and the woman’s question only brought this self hating wisdom back into his mind.

Looking over at the daughter of Satan and lifting his soda can for one more sip he started to talk after he set the drink down. “What I did with my soul is between myself and your father. The why doesn’t concern you.” The tone was a slightly deadly though not completely threatening. It was a voice that spoke of warning as well as a tired sort of after taste. The end result was a small awkward pause that told the room that the topic was finished.

nonangelic92
04-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Aretina stared at Daniel and smiled, "Aw you have spunk and I like that. So tell me, my dear man, where shall I be living for th remander of my stay. Near your room or in your room?" she asked and winked.

(( Sorry for the short post, It will be better next time))

World Traveler
04-16-2010, 06:06 PM
The question the woman asked was a real one even if her intentions were to bust Daniels chops. He hadn't been given any warning to the new guest so he was not prepared for any. THinking about the problem and if there were any real solutions he finally came up empty meaning one thing. He was going to have to make some changes. He thought about using the couch, but somehow thought that asking a daughter of Satan to crash on his couch could end badly for him.

"You are going to be staying in my room." Daniel said without really thinking about how it sounded. His mind was too preoccupied with the constant flow of thoughts concerning the whole situation. Finishing his soda in a few more large gulps and then crushing the can in his hand with a pinch and twist motion he disposed of it in the recycling and then moved out of the kitchen and into the small living room. He wasn't sure what to do next but since she was going to be staying in his house knowing her name would be a good idea. "Whats your name?" Daniel asked.

nonangelic92
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Aretina smiled when she saw that he was a eco-friendly person, "Well my name is Aretina, I usually go by Tina. I see that your eco-friendly, me and you just might get along." she laughed, "So Daniel were will you be sleeping tonight? Oh by the way I guess since you haven't told me about your sister yet, you want me to sorta be like a secret til the time comes, right?" she asked with a look of disgust plastered upon her face.